[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some silly quests I can offer to my lvl 1 PCs between

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: mhsGSag.jpg (95KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
mhsGSag.jpg
95KB, 720x540px
What are some silly quests I can offer to my lvl 1 PCs between killing orcs and looting tombs?

pic related
>>
The alchemist's apprentice accidentally added a potion to some foodstuff they were making (let's say muffins for now), making the dough grow out of control, and in the process get exposed to more potions as it expanded to encapsulate Get the ingredients together to stop this dough before it hits something nasty, or ends up flooding out of the lab and into the streets!
>>
>>46007683
OP here.

Love it.
>>
File: IMG__20160374__121039.jpg (157KB, 461x347px) Image search: [Google]
IMG__20160374__121039.jpg
157KB, 461x347px
>>46007452
While resting for a moment by the side of the road, the PC's are approached by a plump looking Opossum. The creature carefully climbs onto a nearby stump, brushes the twigs from his fur and then, in perfect English, asks the party if they have any news concerning the upcoming royal wedding.
He unfortunately misplaced his invitation and would like the PC's help in acquiring a new one.
>>
>>46007683
Why couldn't the wizard solve food problems in this local town, if he can make MEGA DOUGH.
>>
>>46007452
A local alchemist/wizard/inventor/blacksmith/what-the-fuck-ever wants to hire adventurers to field-test his inventions. He'll provide the equipment, along with a few healing wands and/or disenchantment scrolls as appropriate, and will pay a reasonable sum of gold (10-50) apiece for each product tested and reviewed, upon return of the item.

Devices tested have a 1-25% chance of being either incredibly awesome, or exploding spectacularly when used. This could be dangerous, catastrophic, detrimental or simply hilarious, depending on the result of the roll and the GM's mood.
>>
>>46008669
He was visiting and is now stuck in the mega dough.
>>
>>46008669
Regardless of how big it gets, dough is still just mostly air.
It will also get poisonous once it absorbs enough bacteria and yeast to go to mega size.
>>
>>46007452
Try the Gagmen. (Their work is free or PWYW.) "Beer of the Gods" is particularly good.
>>
Help! A local child has gone missing in the local wilds!
Surprise! The kid has been taken hostage with the intent to ransom!
Surprise! The kidnappers need the money to buy equipment to deal with a huge enemy beyond the party's level that's threatening the area!
Surprise! The monster is the pet of a passing high-level adventurer/wizard/both.

Have an 'ebil' wizard antagonist who does GREAT EBIL for the party to deal with. Stuff like he bursts into the party's camp and summon shadow/evil versions of themselves ... but forgot to include weapons.

The party are either asked for help from a kid/teen who has used a love potion, or from a local apothecary who suspects that said local kid/teen bought the ingredients for one.
He just wanted his stepmom to love him and this is not at all what he wanted.

Give the party a mentor who's completely off his rocker but gets results.

You ever see the /tg/cap of necromantic basketball? Ebil Wizard's next plan is to have a group of (VERY POORLY) disguised undead challenge the party to this weird new game with the wager being their lives/souls/whatever. It's not quite Space Jam but it gives you the tactical feeling of combat but shakes it up. I imagine you enjoy combat if you're playing DnD.

You could have the party's adventure actually not have started yet; instead for the first couple levels they're workers at a tavern & inn where Weird Shit keeps happening, like a fantasy version of Night Shift.

The party crosses through a town whose river is completely polluted with ash and their rationed water is running low. A town upriver does this festival every year before winter where they burn down some houses, which is causing the pollution. On investigation, the party learns that it's an old ritual to keep the 'winter spirits' away. Play up that it's some hokey old wives' tale. If the party stops them, act very surprised when it's not. Their choice whether to go back and help the downstream town find a workaround.
>>
A "princess" series of quests, whereby the young, well-meaning princess/mayor's daughter asks the party to "fix" some of the problems in the city. Her schemes to improve the city range from unintentionally destructive to somewhat helpful, but the party will end up doing the task, along the way dealing with anyone who's upset that all the artworks in the local hall are now covered in floral designs. But she pays well, right from the treasury (by the by there's a "mysterious thief" stealing from the treasury on occasion, I wonder who it would be. Here's your advance pay on the case!) and her dad is just happy she has someone to play with. No evil little girls, no weird shit, just something both innocent and wacky. But make sure you have the right group for it, little girls lead to creepy shit real fast if That Guy has his way.
>>
File: Julia_Murai.jpg (32KB, 400x435px) Image search: [Google]
Julia_Murai.jpg
32KB, 400x435px
>>46010297
>that spoiler
What if it's a MILF?
>>
>>46013424
>little girls lead to creepy shit real fast if That Guy has his way.
Oh yeah, it's put me off running wacky little quests like that.
>>
>>46008669
Never said it was safe to consume, anon.. Or hell, this was one of the alchemist's attempts to actually do just that, and it spiraled out of control.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.