[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to kill off one of my PC's. Here's the problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: 1439054107754.jpg (27KB, 399x310px) Image search: [Google]
1439054107754.jpg
27KB, 399x310px
I need to kill off one of my PC's. Here's the problem - I promised her several sessions ago that when and if she dies, she will die laughing. I also don't want the other players to be able to tell that I deliberately set out to kill someone, so the cause of death needs to look like it's something that could have been avoided.

Ideas?
>>
>>46005697
Joker's laughing gas.
>>
>>46005697
Joker venom.
>>
File: wut game.jpg (63KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
wut game.jpg
63KB, 640x512px
>>46005697
Whats the system, dude?
>>
>>46005751
Pathfinder
>>
>>46005785
Gibbering Mouthers are always fun.
>>
>>46005697
>she will die laughing
The player or the character?
>>
>>46005697
Laughing in character or out of character? If it's the later, just make it something absurd, like a 1/2 dragon chicken with a breath attack, or a poisoned pancake, or something. If the former, I've got a couple ideas:

Hideous laughter spell immobilizes her in front of some kind of deadly threat?

Character sees death coming and has time for last words; player plays along and goes down laughing at the absurdity of life (pic related)? If the player is the kind of person who's willing to go along with you for the sake of a good story, she'll make sure she dies laughing to fulfill whatever prophecy you made.
>>
File: Picard_stabbed_and_laughing.jpg (500KB, 1007x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Picard_stabbed_and_laughing.jpg
500KB, 1007x1080px
>>46005866
Er, NOW it's pic related.
>>
I'd go with some anon posted in a Bear thread a while ago and Hydra rush her. Basically a hydra rush is taking a bear and having it attack the party. Then every day after that you double the number of attacking bear (minions). If she kills a bear it explodes into confetti, the confetti is actually wasps, the wasps "sting" by squirting sugar at the players, and the sugar is just regular sugar so the wasps die.
>>
>>46005834
The character, although the other interpretation intrigues me.

>>46005866
Player's not really the type to hear the GM say "you fail your save and die" and realize the prophesy is fulfilled, and laugh. She's the type to hear the GM say "you fail and die" and balk and/or whine, then stop paying attention.
>>
Naturally introduce them to some monster that can force her to attack the party, or introduce some madness that makes her want attack the party, which explains the laughing part

I'm not used to pathfinder so I'm not sure if they have insanity rules or something like that
>>
>>46005697
Introduce her to Pazuzu.
>>
>>46005897
>The character, although the other interpretation intrigues me.
Well, the reason could be how in a funny way strange her demise would be.
My character once nearly died while I was laughing due ingame reasons.
>>
>>46005906
This was my first thought, but if she dies while fighting the party I'm worried the party's reaction is going to be that she deserved it.
>>
>>46005697

heroic sacrifice bro that the way^^
>>
>>46005866
Voting for half-dragon chicken.
>>
>>46006077
Too obviously silly and how's a chicken supposed to kill someone?
>>
>>46006369
Peck and claw things to death. It's easier if the chicken is not a chicken, but is evil manifest.
>>
>>46005697
why do you need to kill her? just because you sad you will?
>>
Suffocation by laughter?
I read somewhere once they used tickling people's feet as a method of tourtue on the nobility because it didnt leave marks.
>>
>>46006426
Her character is coming into conflict with other party members, and it's all in-character right now, but it's getting more severe over time and last session it started to spill over into IRL. An in-character lecture from the party's de-facto leader about her recklessness and poor decision making got a little to real. The player isn't a problem, the character is the problem. I need to remove the character in some way.

The other reason is that I feel like the party doesn't fear their enemies anymore. They charge into danger without using any strategy or thinking tactically. They're convinced they can handle anything and so far nobody has really faced long-term consequences from anything. There's never any real risk unless they're protecting some NPC or defending some objective. I feel like killing somebody will put the fear of god into them, so to speak.
>>
>>46005697
Insanely buffed Hideous Laugh, followed by a save-or-die of you preference.
>>
File: snort.png (26KB, 160x250px) Image search: [Google]
snort.png
26KB, 160x250px
Is it "dying by laughter" or "having the last laugh"?
Or perhaps she find great irony in it?

Lolrandumb is not the way to do this.

>>46006621
Personally, I would just up the stakes and difficulty so they have to man up, lest they suffer permanent injuries. Just choosing one seems wrong, especially when there's that sort of bad blood behind it.
It will likely leave a bad taste in player's mouth, unless you are sure you both are on the idea.
>>
>>46006621
>Give her an opportunity to split away from the group
>taunt her with treasure.
>Seal her in a room with all the treasure.
>no way out, torch is burning out due to lack of oxygen
>investigation of the coins reveal them to be gold colored chocolates
>>
>>46006726
*gold tinfoil wrapped
>>
File: tumblr_o408f9l31B1rrm03lo1_500.jpg (44KB, 470x391px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o408f9l31B1rrm03lo1_500.jpg
44KB, 470x391px
Draw her in to a conflict with someone she hates. Ambush her with crossbowmen, or some other sort of devious trap. As the poison and wounds slowly lull her in to death, and the bad is talking mad smack, a beam falls loose of the ceiling a breaks his neck.
>>
>>46006725
It's not necessarily dying by laughter nor having the last laugh. It could be either or neither or both.

>>46007098
I like where this idea is going.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.