/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /tg/amers, what's some shit you'd like to see in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11

File: krystian-biskup-vikings.jpg (174KB, 1459x819px) Image search: [Google]
krystian-biskup-vikings.jpg
174KB, 1459x819px
Hey /tg/amers, what's some shit you'd like to see in a viking campaign that you don't usually see in a viking campaign?

Still within the fantasy genre.
>>
File: 88a8304602_96881863_o2.jpg (63KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
88a8304602_96881863_o2.jpg
63KB, 640x800px
>>
File: SR-place-Jorrvaskr.jpg (616KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
SR-place-Jorrvaskr.jpg
616KB, 1400x1050px
>>
Russians. It's always about Northern Europe, but Kievan Rus was settled by Nordic people. Why not have some Russians get involved?
>>
File: last_goodbye_1280px.jpg (443KB, 1280x626px) Image search: [Google]
last_goodbye_1280px.jpg
443KB, 1280x626px
>>
tgamers?
>>
>>45997529

/tg/ = traditional gaming

/tg/amers
>>
Wizards fueling their magic with semen.
>>
>>45996230
More weird Finn bullshit. Bitch I don't care if they're not vikings, they're relatively nearby and their folklore is cool as hell.
>>
>>45996230
The Riddle of Steel.
>>
>>45998385
I know literally nothing about Finn folklore.

What's cool about it? Convince us, anon
>>
>>45996230

A Byzantium equivalent. Historically the Vikings sailed south to trade with the Byzantine empire, and Byzantine emperors hired Scandinavians as their personal bodyguards. A fantasy Byzantium would offer a change of scenery and a chance to work as mercenaries for the nobility, either against the barbarians on the frontiers or as muscle in feuds with other nobles.
>>
>>45996230
Antonio Banderas.
>>
File: Canute.png (202KB, 854x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Canute.png
202KB, 854x1200px
>>45996230
Read the Saxon Stories by Bernard Cornwell and watch BBC America's The Last Kingdom which is based on the book series. You will get very good insight on the historical Norsemen.

To be honest I would like to play a game actually set in real History during the invasion of the Great Heathen Army or perhaps something set during the reign of Canute the Great. (read a manga called Vinland Saga)
>>
File: catboy.png (630KB, 860x933px) Image search: [Google]
catboy.png
630KB, 860x933px
Do fae catboys count?
>>
There is a book called the long ships from a while back that was a pretty great adventure in the vein of the old Icelandic sagas. Or valhallah rising, where our hero meets up with some Crusaders and they wind up in hell (the new world). Or even a children's book I love called Erik the Viking about traveling around to fantastical islands and fucking stuff up, any of those would be great inspiration.
>>
>>45996230
Plowing fields and brewing mead.
>>
>>45996230
I want to see a rune magic system that is based of actual runes.

I want a galdr and seidr magic system.

I want the setting to be ragnarok and trying to survive during it all.

I want epic fights against Fenris and his two sons, I want a wrestling match with Jormundgandr, I want to fight on the Bifrost before it crashes, I want to fight side by side by the einherjer while battling the giants of Jotunnheimr.

And of course to wear helmets with horns even though it is not lore-friendly
>>
File: vinland-saga-angelo-gomezjpg2.jpg (232KB, 1206x701px) Image search: [Google]
vinland-saga-angelo-gomezjpg2.jpg
232KB, 1206x701px
>>
>>45999372
I hate you so much.
>>
>>45996230
A risk of being conquered/colonized. Every time people assume that nobody wants the North lands, but maybe there's something there that makes it worth it, or maybe advances in ship tech let the empires eye faraway tribal lands with resources.
>>
>>45998222
usually it's fa/tg/uys, but whatever floats your goat.
>>
I'd rather see a nordic iron-age game that doesn't make the false assumption that "viking" was a culture. It was a seasonal profession. Most people were never vikings, and most vikings were only vikings part-time.
>>
>>45996230
Vikings going to North America to save a native american tribe from the mayan invaders and their demonic insect pets
>>
Racism.

Just, tons and tons of racism.

And... Pointy hats?
>>
File: Völva.jpg (163KB, 960x1404px) Image search: [Google]
Völva.jpg
163KB, 960x1404px
>>46002391

Check Yggdrasil for galdr, seidr and runes.
Nor horned helmets I am afraid, but ey, make one yourself and dont tell to your GM.

>>45996252

I cannot help but think that thats a tinny sword.
>>
Fighting a troll under a lake.

Draugr that can walk through walls.
>>
>>46005154
I wholly agree with this officer and gentleman's suggestion. I ran a campaign of Yggdrasil and it's fantastic.
>>
>>46004240
TRANSMIT - initiate Odin signal - RECEIVE - initiate Kitcki Manitou frequency - MAKE TIME WORK FOR YOU NOT AGAINST YOU - initiate the Itzamna Protocol - WITNESS - The Darkness War.
>>
File: yggdrasill_fond.jpg (148KB, 1200x565px) Image search: [Google]
yggdrasill_fond.jpg
148KB, 1200x565px
>>46005237

Lets not forget the awesome art.
>>
>>46005154
>Yggdrasil for seidr, galdr and runes. Oh my

I should probably also say that I wish for stuff that is compatible with dnd 3.x/PF.

But I will check it out and see if I can steal something
>>
... does anyone have a copy of Yggdrasil as a pdf that they are willing to share?
>>
>>45996230
Save me Obi Wan level magic holograms coming out of Rune Stones to tell the life stories of great warriors and viking leaders.
>>
An unromantic look at how Vikings were at their heart merciless takers of property and slaves.

The meat of the campaign being managing the strong man politics of their homeland and skirting reprisals from the lands they raid.
>>
File: Yggdrasill_packshot.jpg (138KB, 800x710px) Image search: [Google]
Yggdrasill_packshot.jpg
138KB, 800x710px
>>46005491

I dislike DnD too much to be able to tell you if its convertable, but the game is interesting even fluffwise.

>Male nipple
>>
>>46005765
well I have read a bit about this system and it seems interesting enough for at last some reads (I would also be okay with getting the supplements since that sounds awesome as fuck as well)
>>
>>46005683
>merciless takers of property and slaves
Yeah but everyone was like that.
>>
>>46005916
Not really.
>>
>>46005978
maybe not you
>>
>>46002092
Thissy this. A bit of nordic slice of life. Vikings were farmers and fishermen, after all.
>>
>>46005504
Seconding and thirding!
>>
File: 1453700064038.png (13KB, 308x307px) Image search: [Google]
1453700064038.png
13KB, 308x307px
finno-korean hyperwar
>>
>>45996230
>Oversized, horned helmets
>Fur, Chain Mail, Loin Cloths, and Loin Cloths made of Fur and/or Chain Mail
>Boob plate armor and the fiery warrior women who wear them
>Dwarven muscle-beard smiths
>Evil slinky elves
>Evil Troll magic
>Kraken and other perilous sea creatures

Seriously, I just want a fun fantasy viking campaign, but every single one ends up being super serious or 3historicallyAccurate5U.
>>
>>45996230
being able to be a mother of a divine horse. Even though you are male
>>
A sea based campaign: trading, raiding and slaving.
>>
raiding the English and fighting the avatar of the christian god
>>
>>46006818
PLEASE SAUCE
>>
>>46005978
Well duh, there were the guys who were taken as slaves.
>>
>>46015062
Found it. Suck my cock and tell me how much a dirty little trap bitch you are and I will give sauce.
>>
>>46015407
>>46015062
This anon is a super trap. The good kind. The kind where you can't see the adamsapple and is wearing a pair of rocking tits.

If you were to give us the pdf I am like 47% certain that he/she would keep on sucking your massive monster dong until you came semen powder
>>
>>46011151
I googled this, I can tell it isn't real and there's some joke, but what that joke is, I'm not sure.
>>
>>45996230
>Still within the fantasy genre.
Boats. Not nearly enough sailing. for some fucking reason people stick Fantasy Vikings up in the fucking mountains like they're from Tibet rather than Norway, Sweeden, Denmark, Iceland, Greenland... I don't object to overland or even mountains, I just want to sail/row places.

Valkyries. Too many Fantasy Viking attempts have insufficient fantasy and make the Valkyries (and the gods, and Valhalla, and the rest of the worlds) inaccessible and/or matters of faith. Heck with that, Valkyries are god-tier waifu material (just look at Brynhildr) for those that want or at LEAST powerful presences in the setting.

Exploration. I like it when at least the characters don't have the whole setting mapped at the outset of a campaign and there's a ton of shit to find. This is doubly true in a viking game because how fucking awesome would it be to be setting foot on Vinland, heck, to be the dude naming it Vinland? Goes hand in hand with sailing, but discovery doesn't have to mean new land, just something beyond the borders of what you start out understanding. Go places!
>>
>>46016673
>boats
FUCK BOATS.
You go and talk to Frej. Then make some random lie about how you need to get around really fast and boats are just not fast enough.
So now you can ride Gyldenborste. The big golden pig who can run on water
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.