[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any system where you can use a tulpa? Could it be done differently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: diesel.png (391KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
diesel.png
391KB, 500x377px
Any system where you can use a tulpa? Could it be done differently than just a Stand from Jojo?
>>
>>45969249
Define tupla. All I know of it is some stuff said about /mlp/.
>>
>>45969249
Do Malkavians count?
>>
>>45969272

IIRC, you deliberately cultivate a split personality for religious/spiritual reason. The /mlp/ bullshit was dumb kids claiming/actually cultivating mlp characters
>>
>>45969249
First level Shaper, Astral Construct power
>>
>>45969272
Not OP, but a tulpa is basically a Buddhist, Tibetan Buddhist thing, I think, but don't quote me on that. Basically, you meditate so hard you create a conscious entity, a thought-form. They're not really Stands as I understand them, they're separate entities to you, and I don't think they're punch ghosts or can stop time.
>>
The spirit companion of 3.5's spirit shaman comes to mind. Only you can perceive it, but it acts as a second line of defense against mind affecting. It gives you additional saves as it tries to lead you back to your mind. Could easily just be a mental construct rather than a spirit.
>>
File: rough idea.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
rough idea.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>45969249
>>
>>45969249
You know, reading about this, unlike punch ghosts they're supposed to be sentient and have their own consciousness. One of the guides I read mentioned some people using them to perform mental calculations independently from their creator. Having a second mind working for you separately sounds like a pretty cool concept, though I don't know if it would translate well to a pen and paper game.
>>
>>45969249
Eclipse Phase? There are muses which are like futurespace SIRI, could have actual people in your head as assistance, or getting an implant that gives you a split personality.
>>
>>45969249
Stand, Persona, Tulpa, Espers...

Why should any of them be treated differently in the stat block? They're all pretty much the same concept.
>>
>>45974243
>Espers
I thought that just meant a person with ESP, which usually translates to standard telekinesis and telepathy, not an imaginary punch friend.
>>
>>45969272
Basically just /x/'s word for "imaginary friend, but totally for realz, srsly"
>>
>>45974313
IIRC, they're punch-friends in Golden Sun.

Or is it FF Tactics?... Damnit, anon! You planted the seed of doubt and now I'm not certain of anything anymore!
>>
GURPS.

Ally with a ton of limitations.
>>
>>45969272
In layman's terms, you force yourself to hallucinate another entity through meditation. It's a bit like an imaginary friend, but made on purpose.
>>
>>45969249
Fuck off tranny shit
>>
>>45974986
The word "esper" is used in a number of Final Fantasy games. It is synonymous with the noun summon
>>
>>45969249
Monsters and Other childish things. Literally what the game is, tormented orphans with Tulpas.
>>
>>45969272
Basically you split off a piece of your soul/mind/life force (depends on who you ask), and turn it into an autonomous entity.Again it really depends on what lore you're referencing, but a classic story is that the people who learned how to make tulpas did so to separate their evil self from them. Since those beings are made of pure evil, they then killed their makers. You can get into long philosophical arguments about the spiritual/religious/philosophical implications of that story, but people have made more fantastic concepts of tulpas over time, ranging from imaginary friends crossed with poltergeists, to witch's familiars.
>>
>>45977273
Esper means ESP-er, or psycic, and is used for a couple of different things in FF and various animes.
>>
>>45969249
Pathfinder
Spiritualist with the fractured mind archetype.
>>
>>45969249
Anima.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.