[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What sort of challenges could my players face in an abandoned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: Underground.jpg (407KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Underground.jpg
407KB, 1920x1080px
What sort of challenges could my players face in an abandoned underground facility?
>>
File: sz2g30F.jpg (228KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
sz2g30F.jpg
228KB, 1600x900px
>>
>>45967331
Depends who controled the facility after and for what the facility was for.
>>
>>45967396
Whatever makes for the coolest game my dude
>>
Fantastic:
Hostile AI
Booby traps
Robots on Killwatch
Lethal Experiments

Realisticish:
Repairing/Rerouting power
Diverting water out of flooded chambers
Hunting for blueprints to get around collapsed tunnels
Hunting for the REAL blueprints to get access to the secret lab/vault/lounge
Response teams sent to ensure the abandoned facility stays abandoned
>>
File: stalker b 2.jpg (224KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
stalker b 2.jpg
224KB, 1280x960px
>>45967331
>>
>>45967331
NEETs who established the place as their nerd-den and will fiercely defend it.
>>
>>45967566
Obviously that's the final boss
>>
File: 1404493714464.png (48KB, 700x512px) Image search: [Google]
1404493714464.png
48KB, 700x512px
>>45967428
I think you need to narrow your scope, settle on something and work around that.

Bio-research lab that started the pandemic?
mothballed WMD's from a bygone era?
Lost tribe that hid underground during the last great war?
One of the 666 doors that leads to hell?
Alien refugees hiding from a galaxy-wide manhunt?
a clandestine race of GHOST TRAINS on abandoned sub lines, angry at the closure of their stations? (I fucking love abandoned subway lines)

possibilities are near-endless.
>>
File: black-mesa-source-office.jpg (1008KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
black-mesa-source-office.jpg
1008KB, 1600x1200px
>>
Heres one I used recently
>containment block for fucked up hell beasts/experiments
>electronically locked door to next sector is jammed
>A little investigation reveals that the braker needs to be flipped in order to reset the door
>BUT, doing so also resets all the other doors, releasing the fucked up hell beasts
>fun ensues as they either find a way to circumnavigate this or kill the fucked up hell beasts
>>
>>45967641
>Bio-research lab that started the pandemic
Let's do this one.
If only because ghost train stations don't go far enough underground.
>>
Treasure
Giant spiders
Post-apoc tribe hoarding loads of non-fiction books
Man-eating plants
/d/ plants
Post-apoc tribe closely treasuring a USB with Wikipedia downloaded onto it
Dodgy trapezoid lifts
Flooded platform(s) because I love flooded buildings
Really, really old hard sweets
Wild animals
A bear
Alligators
A huddle of penguins
>>
>>45968466
I was at Aldwych Station today, btw
>>
>>45967663
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVYJ9o6Bddo
>>
File: Hakodate2.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Hakodate2.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>45968304
>If only because ghost train stations don't go far enough underground.

we could just go full futurama and have the current city built ontop of the ruins of the previous one, again and again and again.

until we get ghost cavemen and ghost flintstones cars

hell, each level of the undercities could be each of the suggestions i'd mentioned previously.
>>
>>45968710
Hell yes
>>
>>45968710
Defiance had an interesting take on this.
The Earth was assaulted by a conglomerate of alien races who terraformed it to be more hospitable to them, which lead to the crust doing weird things and most cities being destroyed by the terraforming before the aliens even properly attacked them. In the St. Louis area, the crust basically folded over on itself, and much of the city was intact under a layer of soil and rock. It was rediscovered after the humans and aliens made peace (or at least a cease-fire) and people starting mining for a mineral introduced by the terraforming. It wasn't really dangerous by itself, but things were introduced later that made it dangerous. Those things included: alien refugees (and attempted conquerors), an escaped criminal (who was actually government-backed), and a bomb (to blow up a nuclear power plant and ruin the water supply and soil with radiation), and adjacent to it (and possibly under it?) were fragments of one of the invasion ships which were themselves still very dangerous.
>>
>>45968710
I am actually using that concept for my Dark Heresy game, the hive city was built further and further up as the world below became more and more toxic. Players are going to see an older age for this planet here soon enough.
>>
model it after team rocket hideout stage from pokemon red/blue
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.