[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, /tg/,how do you save standard from mono black bombs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: future_of_standard.png (381KB, 667x309px) Image search: [Google]
future_of_standard.png
381KB, 667x309px
So, /tg/,how do you save standard from mono black bombs deck coming up?
>>
its the all mythic deck
>>
>>45959407
by playing a madness list with flip jace, which will be the actual best deck in the format.
>>
>>45959428
>implying that stops people
>>
File: 1364666082459.png (79KB, 375x444px) Image search: [Google]
1364666082459.png
79KB, 375x444px
>We want the flavor of mythic rare to be something that feels very special and unique. Generally speaking we expect that to mean cards like Planeswalkers, most legends, and epic-feeling creatures and spells.

How long until all cards worth playing in constructed are mythic and Mark "The Nose" Rosewater makes up a new rarity that is totally not for more powerful cards but just for "epic-feeling" creatures and spells?
>>
>>45959565
Like the current environment? With Rally, Rhino, Fetches, Hangerback, Tasigur, Thought Knots, Sylvan Advocate, the Commands, etc.

Seriously, stop being a retard.
>>
>>45959691

>b-but my tier 1 deck only has 8 $40 mythics in it, the other 40 cards are only rares! A-and bacis lands! They're common and I have like 5 of the too!
>>
>>45959807
I'm not saying it's retarded that most decks are about 2/3s rares, just that going off on mythics is the wrong way to approach things and just makes you look dumb. It's like the people blaming NWO for the shitty rares in BfZ.
>>
>>45959407
>you mean return another target zombie
>other cards vampires

ok
>>
File: giphy.gif (687KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
687KB, 480x480px
>>45960290
kalitas sacrafices dead,than it gets itsef bac...and what the hell they dont even need synergy,i mean play a duress turn 1 and play these 3 in 2,3,4th turn,i mean not alot can stop this evil
>>
so maro is cancer to mtg,or hasbro?
>>
So how much of an average competitive tournament deck is rares/mythics?
>>
>>45960605
>what is google?
Depends on the deck and the format. Rare heavy decks (typically the value midrange flavour of the format) can get above 2/3rds of the decks at rare or above. Current best deck in standard is rally, which is almost exactly 50% rares, which I'd say is fairly typical of standard (most formats can get away with even lower numbers when the mana fixing isn't so completely retarded). Older formats, the question is mostly irrelevant, as often your uncommons can be more expensive than your mythics (eldrazi temple vs world breaker, to use a recent example).
>>
>>45960580

Hasbro is the cancer. MaRo is the cancer-enabling jew.
>>
>>45960757
Okay. Definitely sticking to casual then. Don't need to buy singles that way.
>>
>>45961379
As with a lot of tcg stuff, it depends on the play group. If there are standard tournaments that look fun, all the focus on 'all-star cards' tends to leave a lot of good options super cheap. I probably put in 20$ per rotation, and end up with an entirely reasonable deck. It may only have a 50% win rate, as opposed to 60% for the 'meta' decks, but the difference is small enough that you can still do quite well and have fun for a very small investment. It becomes even easier if you go to prereleases and the occasional draft. The current standard is a little more hostile to this approach, due the pants-on-head decision to release dual-type lands alongside fetchlands, which makes budget land bases look really shitty in comparison, but come SoI, fetches are out, and budget manabases lose much less in comparison to what will be the new 'full-money' land base.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.