[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone done a system like the OG D&D's Weapon Choices,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 9

File: tyZFztc.jpg (62KB, 600x409px) Image search: [Google]
tyZFztc.jpg
62KB, 600x409px
Has anyone done a system like the OG D&D's Weapon Choices, but with skills in a modern/gun-including game? One where like, a Handgun may have the stats:
> Damage: +4, Range; 10/20/30, Reload: 2
and then as you leveled up you get better at it so it becomes
Level 2:
> Damage: +4, Range; 10/20/40, Reload: 2
Level 3:
> Damage: +4, Range; 10/20/40, Reload: 1
Level 4:
> Damage: +5, Range; 10/20/40, Reload: 2
etc
>>
File: QlbUIOL.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
QlbUIOL.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
more sexy guns now; for bumps
>>
>>44761147
>no ejection port cover
Enjoy getting shit in your weapon.
>>
>>44761904
>needing a dust cover on a range and safe queen
>>
>>44761759
Oh man that's a pretty gun. I'd put that right up there is 1911 or an old Colt .45. I'm partial to the Navy over the Army, but both are pretty.
>>
File: BNsc2HS.jpg (2MB, 3500x2334px) Image search: [Google]
BNsc2HS.jpg
2MB, 3500x2334px
>>44761759
>>44761147
beauty in simplicity
>>
>>44761904
You think that thing will ever go any where other than display case, kd range, maintenance servants, display case
>>
>>44762050
Not a fan of the striper clip though. Recoil management is uncanny truly an outstanding weapon.
>>
>>44762049
> a 1911 or an old Colt .45
> or
>>
File: SiA1LEG.jpg (1MB, 1750x2334px) Image search: [Google]
SiA1LEG.jpg
1MB, 1750x2334px
>>44762155
I think you missed a semicolon in there somewhere, but it is indeed a great gun.

>>44762049
>>44762167
Yeah, pretty sure those are the same thing. Or, at least that the 1911 is the classic Colt most think of.
>>
File: Colt Single Action Army.jpg (63KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Colt Single Action Army.jpg
63KB, 640x480px
>>44762655
I assume they mean one of these Colt .45s.
>>
>>44762699
My grandma had one of those. We found it in one of her drawers after she passed away and we were packing up her stuff.

It was already loaded when we found it.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (48KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
48KB, 800x800px
>>44762699
Nah senpai
>>
>>44762756
dude, we found an old rusty thompson in my aunt's closet after he had to have her moved to a home. The barrel was sawed off and the thing was just strait metal; no wood/plastic/etc. Apparently it was my uncle's, and she kept it after he died for home-defense.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (40KB, 746x576px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
40KB, 746x576px
Universe with modern technology
>guns work similarly to a ranged weapon in any other game, because enemies are probably wearing appropriate body armor and so forth
>only special traits are that some guns are souped up for more range (scoped rifles) some for easier reload (magazined weapons) etc
>risk of jamming and high ammo cost only real drawbacks
>buying/firing a gun comes with a lot of plot complications because they're a very loud and probably controlled device like in our world

Universe with antique technology
>guns are basically expensive and high level superweapons
>do massive damage but take forever to reload (think pirate settings where you fire both your flintlock pistols and then draw a sword so you don't get killed while packing a new round)
>less reliable at long range than a skillfully fired bow

Universe with mixed technology and magic (pic related)
>specialty weapons that some enemies will be extremely vulnerable to and others completely immune to (again see pic related)
>you can put enchantments on guns/ammo just like any other weapon but it's difficult because they're such complex devices
>very vulnerable to spells that disable tech with moving parts (like lockpicking spells, etc)

I think they're most fun in the second scenario, and I love playing games in settings where guns exist but are extremely hard to come by. Giving them battle-changing damage/rate of fire but huge drawbacks like weight and cost makes for some interesting combat scenarios a la that Tom Cruise samurai movie.
>>
>>44763288
I asked a very specific question, not "how do you think games should do guns." In addition, many of your points are moot, and/or operate on extremely inaccurate assumptions.
>>
>>44761147
Stop playing D&D you fucking brain-rotted simpleton.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.