[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do high level fantasy cities look like? How are they different

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (218KB, 1200x670px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218KB, 1200x670px
What do high level fantasy cities look like? How are they different from other cities
>>
This.

You can go home now, folks.
>>
>>44688891
I thought Sigil was in a cloudy void. What setting does it float out the tip of some giant spire?
>>
>>44688891
Are there suburbs of sigil? Like certain doors which consistently open to the same place, so mid level wizards take up residence there to avoid the commute and also being horribly murdered?
>>
>>44688913
The spire is what provides the lack of divine magic. It's also the lady of pains dead husband

Though I agree that the ground shouldn't be visible
>>
>>44688959
Divine magic still works in the Sig.
>>
>>44688891

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/Jagash/sig-the-city-between/description

Daily reminder that someone Kickstarted a pastiche of Sigil called "Sig."
>>
>>44688974
Right, but not godly energy and the closer you get to the spire the less magic works.
>>
>>44688959
>>44688891
So is it possible to get to the ground?

What is it like.

I know little of this setting.
>>
>>44688913
In Planescape, Sigil floats atop an infinitely tall spire. In some other cosmologies, like 4e's Dawn War, it's a separate realm unto itself.
>>
>>44689033
The spire is infinitely tall, you'd be falling forever.
>>
>>44689033
No, the only way in or out of the city is through portals. And it's a rather dangerous places since there are portals to pretty much every plane of existence. So angels and devils walking the streets, factions vying for power and just about anything else you can imagine.
>>
>>44689033
If I recall, the ground at the base of the spire is a place you can go (it's the true neutral afterlife or something? ) but not by physically descending from sigil, no.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.