[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Roll20 story thread? Roll20 story thread >Go on roll20 >Just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (56KB, 309x463px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 309x463px
Roll20 story thread?
Roll20 story thread

>Go on roll20
>Just learning FATE so looking for a FATE game that welcomes newbies
>Have to scroll through a lot of crap before I can see something with promise
>Read the setting description and submit a application that asks more about the campaign setting details and other such things to show I actually give a shit.
>Get accepted and contact GM about what material I am required to have read by game day
>Lists half a dozen splat books I MUST become familiar with and use at least two different books to make my starter character before the first game starts.
>In 5 days.
>Apologize and say that I cannot reasonably read that much in the time period allotted due to being a busy anon.
>Get kicked from the game and blocked on skype.
Why do GM's ask for so much in supposedly newbie welcome games?
>>
Is that rabbit real? I want a dog sized rabbit.
>>
>>44536872
>>Lists half a dozen splat books I MUST become familiar with and use at least two different books to make my starter character before the first game starts.
And people keep claiming Fate is rules lite.
>>
File: Runt_and_Paxie.jpg (583KB, 2036x1528px) Image search: [Google]
Runt_and_Paxie.jpg
583KB, 2036x1528px
>>44536899
Yeah. The Breed is called Flemish Giant
>>
>>44536957
I don't believe OP. This is clearly uninformed bait by someone who knows very little about Fate.
Either you are OP samefagging or you're quick to shit on a game you've already decided you don't like.

A player would need to read only part of the core book. That's it, unless the GM is using a specific setting and even then it would only be one (or basically half, the player orientated half) and that's if they didn't do summaries for applicants.
>>
>>44537205
True, there are also books that alter the core mechanics but again, that would make just one book (also again, the player section would only be necessary for OP).
>>
I think you got FATE and rifts confused my friend.
>>
Not as much a story about a specific game about roll 20 in general

>Literally every game I join
>every fucking game that requires voice chat
>same 4 types of people
>[heavy breathing constantly]
>[someone scratching their mic almost continuously]
>[silence, but then a heavy, exhausted, obese sigh every few seconds]
>[CLAKCALCAKCLACKACKACA KEYBOARD]

why fucking bother requiring voice chat if you're just going to type most of the shit anyway

i don't need to hear everything you're doing in the background or the sound of you viciously crunching cheetos

fucking christ
>>
File: No need.gif (906KB, 325x203px) Image search: [Google]
No need.gif
906KB, 325x203px
>>44538788
I hope that one day you too will find a group as awesome as mine.
>>
File: fluffy bunny.jpg (120KB, 605x605px) Image search: [Google]
fluffy bunny.jpg
120KB, 605x605px
I love bunnies.
>>
Sure you weren't playing GURPS?
>>
>those awkward moments where everyone is silently waiting for one player to shut their screaming and crying kids up
>it slowly dawns on us that they're not going to and the game will just be occasionally interrupted by this and the babbling nonsense of children asking for attention
>group never has another session

I don't have kids and couldn't begin to imagine the challenges but we didn't sign up for the daycare experience. Don't use a mic if you're babysitting for fuck's sake.
>>
File: How horrifying.png (471KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
How horrifying.png
471KB, 800x800px
>>44540064
Truly, a fate worse than not playing at all

>>44536872
>Fate
>splat books
I've been bamboozled for the last time!
>>
>>44538788
>>[CLAKCALCAKCLACKACKACA KEYBOARD]
FUCK.

Is this people who use Laptop keyboards? THERE IS SOME CONSPIRACY HERE.
>>
>>44536872
What were these FATE splatbooks?
>>
>>44540585
Does FATE even have that many books?
>>
>>44536899
Since the domestication of the common rabbit (which is first documented by the romans) humans had competitions which farmer had the biggest one. Thus, selective breeding began very early and due to a good sourcr of food, and the extreme reproduction rate of rabbits breeding the largest ones was rather easy and highly sucessfull.
I imagine, since rabbits and hares are so similar in nature, that the same applies to them.
>>
Is anyone here up for a Roll20, text only, fantasy Fate Accelerated game?

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/37802/snows-of-cole

Ignore the old posts. We switched from 3.5.
>>
File: 1440562939379.png (240KB, 322x473px) Image search: [Google]
1440562939379.png
240KB, 322x473px
>>44542372
Text-only, Accelerated?
I really need to try being a Fate player instead of GM so this might be a cool opportunity, even if I'm used to Core/voice
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.