[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my daughter got this set from her uncle for christmas (she's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: $_1.jpg (34KB, 400x397px) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
34KB, 400x397px
So my daughter got this set from her uncle for christmas (she's 3, and he is into miniwargaming like me) thought it would be a fun activity for father and daughter.

Sure ok. Give it a shot. She take's Elsa, I take Anna.

We lay out newspapers and start painting, I try to instruct a 3 year old with the best of my abilities.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT I HATE ENAMEL PAINTS!

Why did they do enamels, they barely have any coverage at all, and go on thick and clumpy, thinning it down makes it worse, what the hell? Are enamels cheaper than acrylics? Is it a safety thing?

Enamel paints are shit.
>>
>>44483912
YA GOTZ TA PAINT EM RED, YA GIT!
>>
>Is it a safety thing?

Acrylics are as safe as it gets. Enamels tend to require comparatively nasty stuff for brush cleaning.

>Are enamels cheaper than acrylics?

Could probably swing either way, but it certainly seems like they got a cheap batch of enamels here.
>>
>>44483912
>she's 3, and he is into miniwargaming like me
Is she really? Are you sure you aren't just projecting yourself into your children?
>>
>>44484370
Are you sure you aren't terrible at reading comprehension?
>>
File: IMAG0454.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0454.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
That was the most painful painting experience of my life. I was more concerned with helping my daughter than making sure my paintjob was crisp, that and the brushes that came with the set were shit (there was no way I was going to taint my good brushes with enamel paints)

>>44484370
She is 3, yes. Don't know if she is into miniwargaming like me, but her uncle is, which is who i was referring to.

But there was a moment that made the whole ordeal worth it. At some point while painting, she says to me "I'm painting, daddy. Just like you!"

The feels, bros. The feels, like no other.
>>
>>44484509
That's pretty sweet desu senpai.
>>
>>44484509
That's cute.

I'm a little worried about Eldritch Horror Elsa though.
>>
Don't you use spirits to thin enamel paints instead of water?
>>
>>44485274
"I've seen some shit" Anna comes close
>>
>>44484509
I'll assume the one on the left was painted by your daughter, the one on the right by you,
in which case "best of my abilities" is not very much.
>>
>>44485627
Like I said, the brushes were shit, and there was no way I was sticking my good brushes in that shitty gloop they called paint.
>>
>>44484509
Ya know, I feel like your daughter is into some post-impressionist/avantgarde stuff.
>>
>>44484509
Why not just use your paints with your brushes?
>>
>>44485977
not him, but you havent been around very many 3yr olds have you? that want what you're having/using, always. its not about the activity, its all about using teh stuff of teh grownups. This is why colorful fisher price cellphone toys are not as interesting to kids as daddys actual cellphone
>>
>>44485627
Have you ever seen the kind of brushes you get with those kids's sets? Painting a wall with them would be a challenge, let alone detail of any sort. Plus enamels, which are pure devil jizz with colour added.
>>
File: jl8 karen.png (692KB, 1219x237px) Image search: [Google]
jl8 karen.png
692KB, 1219x237px
>>44484509
>"I'm painting, daddy. Just like you!"
>>
>>44484509
Sweet as fuck.
Did you ask her what she was going for with Elsa?
At first I thought she was meant to be made of ice, but then I realized she was 3 and it could be anything.

Is she into painting on flat surfaces too, btw ?
>>
>>44490666
Yeah her being 3 years old she was just interested in slapping paint on something. She colors with crayons a lot, so I may do some canvas painting with her. I'm not very good at it myself but she would have fun with it i think anyway.

I would be buying acrylics for that of course! I do know that when she gets old enough, I have some spare BONES figures that she could paint with me on.
>>
>>44490870
From my experience, children love drawing exquisite corpse games.
>>
>>44490870
>tfw I never had a dad who did stuff with me let alone painted figures

Ya doing a good job anon
>>
>>44488974
I forgot Little League. Time to go re-read it.
>>
>>44484509
While I know it's a result of a three year old's paints flying all over the fucking place, that Elsa has really got my brain running about ways it could be used.

A goddess incomprehensible to mortal eyes, she wills into the world through taking control of women she finds beautiful and manipulates the populace towards her physical manifestation.
>>
>>44491580
Thats...not a bad idea
>>
>>44492526
Elsa, avatar of Tzneech.
>>
>>44492548
Wargame terrain. Chaos units within 1" can reroll saves
>>
>>44485817

I feel like his daughter is into some IA! ELSA FHTAGN!
>>
>>44484509
Elsa has some shapely breasts.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.