[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Felinid and other Abhuman IG. Do you use them? What types do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1374630513398.jpg (106KB, 950x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1374630513398.jpg
106KB, 950x1200px
Felinid and other Abhuman IG.

Do you use them? What types do you prefer and why? Do you use squats?

continued from >>44379504
>>
>>44392415

I'm doing a catachan regiment, might be fun to add some catgirls
>>
File: Matryoshka's Mutants.jpg (93KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Matryoshka's Mutants.jpg
93KB, 1080x720px
>>44392415
Working on some writefaggotry about a bunch of abhumans. Got some squats, ratlings, ogryns, psykers, and navigators. No felinids, I'm not really sure how to write them.

I like featuring abhumans and mutants when I can, and coming up with new ones if possible. If anyone has any originals of their own, I'd like to hear about them.
>>
honestly, they piss me off. They attract the wrong kind of people to 40k rpgs
>>
>>44393025
And pray tell, what kind of people are the right kind of people for 40K?
>>
>>44393040
the average neckbeard
>>
>>44393040
Small children who can bug their parents into buying a handful of miniatures, get bored assembling, then never play the game.
>>
I feel like animal+human stuff is too specific to happen without warp taint or biotech heresy so no, unless I want a campaign with these things, I don't include abhumans.

Regular, ill-fated mutant abhumans do occur often when we play DH; they make great underhivers. Last time the party went on relic hunting, they found a tribe of blind, disfigured humans living in pitch blackness who orientated with some stunted psy-sense.
The psyker thought it would be interesting to bring them back to the main hive but the Sister remembered to "kill the mutant" and ignited the entire village after they found the relic.
>>
>>44393115
Do you take questions? When are we getting new SoB?
>>
>>44393040
>>44393115
i'm not saying people cant make light hearted and funny 40k games, I've played some great games that are more lighthearted. That being said, I find more often then not people who play abhumans are just too silly and annoy me greatly.
>>
>>44392415
Squats a shit
>>
>>44393025
I'm trying to find some eloquent way to agree with this guy, but I think I'll just be honest, if I wanted unironic neko cat people in my 40k, I'd want xenophobic grizzled devoid of morality commisars unironically in media involving cute neko catgirls or whatever.

Like in my head, it's just one tiny, tiny step towards people being able to justify chakats in 40k.
>>
>>44393254
But catgirls are nothing like the monstrosities you tricked me into googling, you monster.
>>
>>44393218
Unlikely for the foreseeable future, does not appeal to the target audience. Who knows, maybe Forgeworld will take over the line once they're done with 30k. So 2020 by the earliest.
>>
>>44391445
lol no they're literally humans, friend. Try to know what you're debating before you jump in, k?
Also humans are animals anyway.
>>
>Last thread
>Adeptus Meowcanicus
>Keeps pushing everything off the table
>>
>>44393287
Are you sure? Apart from the fact they are both humanoid feline in some way? I mean as I say they aren't the same and I recognize slippery slope is fallacy, hell if someone brings a cat eared human and the character isn't shit I won't say no to them, but in my head there will always be a bunch of people going "hmm, now I can finally be a cute cat girl in 40k! Hey maybe I could be extra felinid and have cat paws and claws and a tail too!" because people are shit.
>>
File: HeritageQuest_Degivilas.png (105KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
HeritageQuest_Degivilas.png
105KB, 500x500px
>felinids

;_; you were too young Friendo
>>
>>44393369
I'm pretty sure there's no significant overlap between the groups.
>>
>>44393363
>Techpurriests
>>
>>44393467
I'm pretty sure you're wrong but I'd like to imagine that our perspectives on this are based on personal perspective.
>>
>>44392688
Is that Inquisitor Olivia Wilde?
please say yes

Anyway, I've always thought about coming up with my own abhumans, but there's really not much use or room for them, you know? Squats, Ogryn, and Ratlings are all based on WHFB races, plus they all have a particular use in the Imperium that adds to their continued existence (psykers and navigators being necessary to the inquisition, ogryn being awesome shock troopers although stupid, ratlings being great snipers and saboteurs, squats being expert sappers and operators on hazardous worlds and in subterranean combat, etc). The only thing I could think of off the top of my head for new ones would be something water-based. So you'd get merfolk mutants who can support Imperial operations on water worlds.
>>
Our campaign has had several abhuman regiments that our regiment has encountered. We played through the "Final Testament" campaign where the Luggnum Sewer rats were replaced with a Squat Engineering regiment, and the Talarn were replaced with a Felinid scouting/black ops regiment. (Not catgirls, but creepy felines who can stand bipedal or run on all four with murdercat personalities...)

Our regiment is basically a US Stryker Brigade Combat Team. The idea being "What if Earth is actually a lost Imperial World, rediscovered a generation or two ago." The regiment is the first tithe to the Munitorum from the world, new to Imperial Cult, unaccustomed to the screwed up 40k world. Autoguns instead of lasguns, constant harassment from the Inquisition, etc.
>>
>>44392415
I tried out playing a Feral Worlder Shark-Man arch-militant in RT stuck inside a obscure Survival Suit, making lots of fish references, like Guppies, calling Psykers zappers, and the like. too bad he didn't last for too long because the Noble-bright RT was a whiny SOB that didn't want to play
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.