[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, /tg/, I'm running/designing an Evangelion FATE hack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

Ok, /tg/, I'm running/designing an Evangelion FATE hack and I'm designing the campaign. It's set in Egypt, and uses ancient Egyptian mythology as the "It looks cool." However, I am having difficulty coming up with a suitable Second Impact-type scenario. Any Egyptian buffs out there who can point me in the right direction?
>>
Every firstborn child on earth, regardless of age, died.
>>
>>44374264
An entity codenamed HATHOR went on a global rampage devouring man, woman, and child, and was mysteriously defeated by a sudden flood of fizzy yellow-brown fluid that put it into a comatose state.
>>
>>44374264

One of the myths consists of four semi-god beings that are created from horus' hand, set's jizz, and a lotus flower. I'm pretty sure that's easily crowbarred into evangelion.
>>
The ascension of Apep, the great serpent of Darkness and Chaos, puts out or 'wounds' the sun, leaving us either with eternal night or at least constant winter from the sickly orb outputting a fraction of its former light and warmth.
>>
>>44374264

A few other things I can think of from general mythology:

-The Adam equivalent is some sort of egyptian god that is mummified. Eva cores are made from this corpse.
-Have a set of canpic-jar themed angels or agents attempt to reunite as one of the mid-arc climaxes.
-Angels defeated burn a hieroglyphic message into the ground.
-End-boss is Anubis, and he's hella pissed about all this shit.
>>
>>44374518
Osiris got cut up when he died and had to get put back together and rezzed IIRC. He's also the god of the dead (Anubis got phased out into being a god for funerary rites in particular)
>>
>>44374518
>final boss isn't Apep or at least Set
>>
File: frog decrepit_1.jpg (91KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
frog decrepit_1.jpg
91KB, 400x386px
>>44374264

>Replace one paint job with another
>This makes it original

This is part of why Evangelion games are fucking shit btw

You could literally just use the base setting, write out the main characters and use an entirely new cast along with your PCs, and if you run it right nobody will care. But that's not originalstorydonutsteal for you
>>
File: tyrell.jpg (74KB, 1000x810px) Image search: [Google]
tyrell.jpg
74KB, 1000x810px
The original Gehirn leadership found out about a ritual that, when performed right, would open the gates of heaven and give them the power of gods. This included immortality but also a lot of other practical things like telepathy, telekinesis and precognition. The experiment backfired and released a psychic storm of negative energy that instantly killed nearly every psychic person on the planet. A lot of people who were killed were influential bankers, businessmen, scientists and political leaders, eg people who benefited the most from being at least a little psychic (often without being aware of their gift). The world was instantly thrown into an era of poverty and chaos.

Among the few surviving gifted people were Dr. Vander of Gehirn and his adopted daughter Ahsoka. Little did Gehirn know that it was Vander who sabotaged the experiment, years after finding out he was an artificial person, a child of light created by Gehirn to usher in a new era of uplifted humanity. Vander's whole young life had been a mixture of false memories and Gehirn indoctrination, to make the first child of light completely loyal. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

While investigating Ground Zero, where the psychic storm turned the three great pyramids to dust, taking most of Cairo with it, a joint UN forensic team found an unexpected Gehirn legacy. Under the rubble and glass, perfectly preserved, was a metallic sphere, geometrically perfect down to 13 decimal places and four meters in diameter. Its red, polished material was impossible to either penetrate or identify. Vander was immediately hired to study it, concluding it was a soul jar containing the essences of Gehirn executives who mistakenly created it. The barriers separating their psyche from the material world collapsed. They were formless and locked into a state of eternal agony and despair. It was, as Ahsoka put it, death for the dead.
>>
>>44374623
>original
I like Egyptian iconography. Sue me for wanting to use it, I guess? I might also want a different feel than what the original series had, and using different vocabulary and concepts can make that a lot easier.

>>44374291
I really like this idea. Hadn't considered using non-egyptian sources for inspiration.

Thanks for the help, /tg/. The rest of these posts have given me some good ideas and leads to follow. I'll be leaving for a Christmas party here soon, so I won't be around to view the thread.
>>
File: 06 - q3yVIDh.jpg (68KB, 960x430px) Image search: [Google]
06 - q3yVIDh.jpg
68KB, 960x430px
>>44374730
And of course I upload the wrong image.
>>
>>44374730
>might

Well, do you or don't you? Because you yourself said you just want Egyptian cuz "it looks cool."

Which, I mean, sure, I guess. But that's pretty vapid of you.
>>
>>44374770
I don't see how using a different paint job is vapid.
I'm not sure how divergent I'll be from the show, so right now it's just that, a paint job. It'll probably have a different feel to begin with, but I need to think about how far away I want to take that feel. I'd rather be open to a new direction and have the resources available than be forced to work in the framework of Christianity. The game's feel could change as I run it, and having a new paint job makes that easier to swallow for my players. It isn't "the same as the show" and I'm not "breaking canon" or the like.
>>
File: 1442976347773.jpg (564KB, 1300x1442px) Image search: [Google]
1442976347773.jpg
564KB, 1300x1442px
>>44374264
Something something BAHRAM something something JEHUTY something something ANUBIS
>>
>>44374669
cont.

Soon after Gehirn, now reorganized into NERV and put under UN control, built a research facility over the ground zero object, an impossible, monstruos creature was tracked by satellite crossing the desert to reach the object. Several stories tall, it resembled an enormous gold and green scarab with a red metallic orb in the center of its thorax. The creature was nuked after trying to attack the facility, after attempts to communicate with it proved unsuccessful. A lot of the personel were not able to evacuate in time, both the creature and the facility were annihilated after several salvos fired from a Russian submarine brought from the Black Sea as a last ditch effort. At the aftermath of the event, Dr. Vander proposed a plan of defense should this happen again. He claimed he could produce a similar creature using the ground zero object, and upgrade it with armor and cyberware to turn it into a weapons platform. The world leaders took the bait and greenlighted Vander's literal brainchild, dubbing it the E-Project. The only person who found out the truth, including Gehirn's plan to rule the world as a council of wizard-philosophers and Vander's killing spree, was the young Ahsoka Tanner, Vander's (artificial) daughter raised by his late wife's parents. Wanting to have nothing to do with Vander or the end of the world, she retreated to a trailer park in North Carolina, where she planned to spend the rest of her days watching series and browsing the internet. She ended up graduating mechanics out of boredom, and lost weight.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.