[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be the best system to adapt the Secret World setting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (41KB, 612x337px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 612x337px
What would be the best system to adapt the Secret World setting /tg/?
I love the lore and think it would be awesome to run a campaign in it, but I can't really find something that fits. Characters are too fragile in World of Darkness and Call of Cthulhu, and D20 modern doesn't exactly do horror well. I thought about using FATE, but I want to know if there are better options out there.
>>
>>44360215
Spycraft, add the Mage and priests feats with corruption rules from fantasycraft
>>
>>44360250
Never heard of spycraft. What is it like? Sounds James Bond based.
>>
>>44360276
Heavil modded D20 system, vitality points, scaling enemies, even noncombatant classes have vital roles to play in combat, combat classes have plenty to do out of combat. Fantasycraft has ruled for monster creation.
>>
>>44360295
Sounds interesting, but how well does it handle horror? I essentially want to run this as a more combat oriented X-files.
>>
Have you looked into Delta Green?
>>
>>44360402
I'm somewhat familiar. I know the concept but don't own any of the books. I contributed to their Kickstarter though and will be getting the newest edition when it comes out.
Only problem is, like Call of Cthluhu, PCs in Delta Green are too fragile. Characters in the Secret World have super powers that let them go toe to toe with the monsters in the night.
>>
Take a look at Apocalypse World, or one of its derivatives.
>>
>>44360459
Well, it can be done in owod if you make a few changes. Personally I would allow them to keep playing characters that die (just like in TSW). I would also let them soak lethal and give them access to vampire disciplines and maybe demon lore. I would also just take the resource pool from mage and allow it to power all powers.
If you wanted you could also associate the lores and disciplines with weapons. For example: To use path of blood you need to be holding a blood talisman.
You could also give the players talismans that give them extra hp and soak via talismans.
>>
>>44360340
It's got modular rules. You include what you want.

I'd suggest not including "sanity rules"
>>
>>44360832
How well would it work in nWoD? I have more nWoD books than oWoD books and I'm more familiar with the system in that one
>>
File: alternity dark-matter.jpg (158KB, 781x1024px) Image search: [Google]
alternity dark-matter.jpg
158KB, 781x1024px
>>44360215
>and D20 modern doesn't exactly do horror well

It tried, once. Sort of.
Actually it didn't try much at all, it just swiped the DarkMatter setting from Alternity.
>>
>>44360885
I'm not sure about that. I'm kind of the opposite of you, I have more owod books than nwod ones.
I imagine it would work in a similar way. Just give them Talismans that give them extra hp and soak. Let them come back from the dead via bees. Pick some supernatural powers that vampires and other supernaturals get and give the players access. Just give them a resource pool and have it regenerate per turn/day/attack/hit/what ever you're comfortable with.
>>
GURPS with the Monster Hunter splat is perfect for your purposes. From what I understand the magic in TSW is closest to the Ritual Magic splat, so get that too.
>>
>>44361322
Never played with GURPS, could be interesting.
How does the ritual magic splat work? I could tell you how close it is to TSW's magic
>>
>>44360215
I tried coming up with a Strands of FATE setup for it. Didn't really work though.
>>
File: Alternity.jpg (64KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Alternity.jpg
64KB, 500x333px
>>44361001
Speaking of Alternity would be a great place to start. Just need the Dark Matter setting and the FX book for the magic shit.
>>
>>44360215
Use Hunter from WoD, and GM macguffin the respawn effect that the bees give.
>>
Unknown Armies is pretty much The Secret World in tabletop form, at the lower power levels.
>>
>>44360340
>but how well does it handle horror
>>44360295
>D20

It doesn't
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.