[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #631: Winterfest Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 436
Thread images: 48

File: Jumpchain.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Jumpchain.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>IRC
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>44340141
>>
Merry Christmas /jc/!
>>
>>44355163
And the racial supplement.
>>
File: 1449521899919.png (486KB, 800x676px) Image search: [Google]
1449521899919.png
486KB, 800x676px
>>44355163
>>44355183
YES
YEEEEES
>>
>>44355163
>>44355183
HELLO THERE
YOU LOOK LIKE FUN
>>
>>44355163
>>44355183
Wish they had made a singleplayer version of this. Ah well.
>>
>>44355183
do the races in this have memories or no?

>>44355163
is the Love Puppy item supposed to be discounted for squire? The other items around it are for other backgrounds, but squire seems to be missing a discounted 200cp item.

Also: AWESOME
>>
>>44355570
The races have memories.

It's not meant to be discounted for them. That evens out the points considering the background is free.
>>
>>44355602
>The races have memories.
What, even the Squire ones?
>>
>>44355983
Yes, of course. It's implied in the descriptions.
>>
>>44355163
Jump 335: Spiral Knights
>"This place... looks pretty cool actually, I think I'm going to like it here."
>Identity: Recon (100)
This seems to fit me best. Let's see how well I can turn a gunman into a front line combatant.
>Drawbacks: None
Because I'm not crazy enough to mess up the world and turn it into a nightmare. A nicer place is a good thing from time to time.
>Clipping (Free, Recon)
Gun-fu? Don't mind if I do!
>Auto-Reload (100, Recon)
Speaking of gun-fu...
>The Bitter End (200, Recon)
What's that? Bonus training to match everything else? Who could say no?
>Core Competence (400)
While I don't have the free points for all the fun tech options I would like... this should still serve me very well.
>Battle Spirit: Seraphynx
Oh my god it's like a flying white mage Moogle. I have a new friend.
>Recon Set (Free)
>Recon Cloak (Free)
>Pet Snipe (Free)
Aww, now the Moogle has a friend.
>Alchemy Machine (200)
Now THIS is a thing that should prove interesting. Especially if I figure out how to integrate it with other similar devices...

Hmm. This looks like everything I need to start out. No high-level starting equipment, but I am in a position where I can modify my own equipment wherever I feel like, so that I can be constantly upgrading and modifying it. Not to mention, I'm rather curious what effects things from other jumps will have in this... time will tell, I suppose.
>>
What would the rumble ball EX formula do to fruits like the mythical zoan? I keep reading the little passage here and I feel stupid because I'm drawing a blank
>>
>>44356188
I imagine it would give you things like: supersized form (max power), micro form (super fast), some variant of a humanoid form, etc.

It would depend on what your Zoan form is.
>>
>>44356255
So say if I got the budda budda fruit I'd have super stronk,gotta go fast, ultimate mega budda, and super enlightenment mode?
>>
>Christmas almost here
>certain Jump will maybe be released soon
>can start a new Chain from scratch and
>know it's going to have unpredictable results
>don't fucking care, because the impossible will be moot
>and every wall will be broken
>Mfw rolling American south as my location
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf2c_lY7QS0
>>
>>44356487
What jump is that?
>>
I'm Redoing metal gear rising since it had an update, And I have some questions
1.Which one would make me closer to Raiden,A Specialized cyborg body specialized in Speed and agility or blade mode?
2. how Do the cyborg bodys work if you are a drop in? do they wind up next to you or are you already in them when you land?
>>
>>44357786
3.Can you take more than one and if so do the abilities stack or do you just have more than one you can switch between?
>>
>>44357786
Specialized body is weaker than Raiden's Zandatdu body has same specs but it's gimmick is Zandatsu.

You need specialized body specced for strength to match Raiden strength, Zandatsu and Blade Mode. Dunno how fast you would be.
>>
>>44356188
What's Rumble Ball ex formula?
>>
>>44355163
I'm a little confused. Squire has "you know that this set of Apprentice gear is what you'll be sticking to" and Proto Shield has "this simple Apprentice-styled shield is what you'll be sticking to", which implies you can't use anything else for ten years and there's not much point in purchasing the 3/4/5 star equipment, but on the other hand the Proto Set has "Still, everyone starts somewhere" which implies you're actually not stuck with newb gear for ten years.

Which is it? And if it's the former, shouldn't that be a drawback instead?

P.S. Thankyou Santa! I hope you get plenty of milk and cookies!
>>
>>44358181
Figure of speech, not meant to be taken literally.
>>
>>44355163
Might not be covered in the source material, but would you know whether the Recon's stealth is just visible spectrum cloaking or if it is more broad than that?
>>
>>44358089
I'm just looking for reflexes, I have other places to get strength.So it'sBlade mode that I want?
>>
>>44358397
I wouldn't, honestly. No clue whatsoever.
>>
>>44358698
So out of curiosity what's your fanwank for what Spiral Knights.

I used to think that they were robots since their eyes could close but I'm iffy on that now since one of them said something about feeling the sun on their faces.
>>
>>44358546
Yes but you need Zandatsu to use blade mode consistently like Raiden does, to refill its energies.

Sadly, neither of those is free in anyway for desperado mascot. So the way to go would be drop in... But desperado mascot gets discount on master swordsman
>>
>>44358909
I have a feeling they're humanoids in armour. Possibly even human, in fact.

The less sensible idea is faceless creatures with glowy eyes. Their eyes take a shape and colour of their choosing.
>>
So let's check something. Best way to be Raiden.

Desperado mascot(400 + drawback)
HF training(500)
Cut at will(600)
Master swordsman(900)
Civilian body(900)
Specialized body: whatever(900)
Zandatsu body(1400)
Blade mode(1900)
Upgraded Vision(1900)
+ any HF weapon costs.

Or.
Drop in(0)
Master Swordsman(600)
Cut at will(700)
HF blade training(800)
Zandatsu body(1300)
Blade Mode(1800)
Upgraded Vision(1850)
+ cost of any HF stuff

Assuming you don't need other gimmicks, drop in method has you pay 50 less CP and one less drawback to take... Hm.

OI! RISING ANON! Can't we steal Raiden's body and reverse engineer it if we have amazing tech kowledge?
>>
>>44359061
I don't need all of Raiden, just the reflexes, also I took it a chunk early so I need high-frequency manufacture because I did use that on my motorcycle's Blades
>>
>>44359094
Except for Raiden's ninja run deflect you need Master Swordsman. And cut at will to be able to choose things you don't want to be cut when cutting. And using HF weaponry properly.
No matter what, master swordsman is also what you need

We need the Rising anon
>>
>>44359127
Agreed we do need the creator, and I've been trying to tell you it's the reaction time and such I want, the sword skills would be a bonus but I don't need to be as good as him With a blade.

There are no other pictures of Cactus CAPTCHA!
>>
>>44359094
Zanadatsu is same as Specialized Cyborg, in terms of physical prowess. Just it's gimmick is healing.

They're pretty agile, and reflexes are out this world. However you'd probably want to have a specialized cyborg body built for reflexes.
>>
>>44359545
That was my original plan but I know my plans are frequently wrong, so I didn't want to do that.
>>
Help me, /jc/, you're my only hope! How am I to REEEEEE a path through the multiverse, and become the rarest of Pepes? I imagine I should start by going Froakie in Mystery Dungeon?
>>
>>44359670
Sword Art online And Adventure time Can make you a giant Killer frog,naruto Can let you summon giant killer frogs, you can gain frog powers from killing Bites,Jurassic Park, bloody roar and Terra formars. PS238 And rama1/2 can get you Frog themed martial arts,The one Used by the beast in kung fu hustle is quite powerful. Van Helsing can let you turn other people into giant killer frogs After you can turn into one yourself, King Arthur has magic that will let you turn people into Perfectly normal frogs.
>>
File: 1434216701867.jpg (41KB, 400x530px) Image search: [Google]
1434216701867.jpg
41KB, 400x530px
>>44359670
You might want to consider visiting Jojo and becoming a vampire. They go "wry" instead of "ree," but it's a pretty similar sound.
>>
>>44359670
>>44359715
Forgot the darn video
https://youtu.be/wXRxW1B0Wno?t=176
>>
>>44358994
Just to be clear Squire is the tech perk line right?
>>
>>44359876
Yes, to a certain extent. Two of its skills are on tech, while the third is on resourcefulness.
>>
What are the best speed and time powers?
>>
>>44359876
it's also the Drop-In line, apparently
>>
>>44354114

Very high Use Magic Device.

The runes from ZnT that let you hack any magic item.
>>
What is the once mentioned in thread Rumble Ball EX formula?
>>
>>44360354
One Piece, an artificial devil fruit stimulant. It enhances the effects of zoan (beast-man) type fruits.
>>
So for those of you that jumped Changeling, what deals did you make? I've heard passing reference to a couple of jumpers making powerful deals, but more often than not when Changeling deals are brought up they're called traps.

So how to Changeling and Pact?
>>
>>44360109
This should help
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/pyrogram/blog/what-makes-you-worthy-to-lift-mjolnir/89691/
>>
>>44360550
Also if you are not worthy and head over to Earth-14325 The Thor they have their has a hammer that can only be wielded by the unworthy.
>>
>>44360549
I haven't, because making deals involves permanently crippling yourself.
>>
>>44360572
But doesn't that make them... Worthy?
>>
>>44360445
And with enough tests you can possibly alter paramecia fruits as well as logia
>>
>>44360674
Depends which hammer, earth-616's most certainly not but if you Aren't worthy of earth -616's You have the qualities that make you worthy of Earth-14325's mjolnir. Of coarse You still have to fight a group of avengers equal in power to Those of earth-616 In order to take it from there Thor.
>>
>>44360829
of course you will also need a way to travel to different dimensions in the Marvel multi-verse,And that is a dimension that gets destroyed so you'll need to arrive in the jump at a time frame in which it isn't destroyed, or have some way to travel in time as well,I'd say it's firmly a post spark plan
>>
Metal gear rising
tragic past +300
cyborg soldier -250
rolled a six free choice,chose Guadalajara Mexico
HF blade training -100
cut at will -100
high-frequency manufacture -300
upgraded vision -50
specialized cyborg body: reaction time -500

*The plan: use the cyborg body as little as possible me and mine are fuckhuge
dragons, we can stomp flat most cities and take on metal gears on an even level. Try and
as we can gather as much data on nanomachines. As I can , Upgrade the blades on the
front of my bike with high-frequency technology,bro it up with Raiden,enhancing his powers with the technology behind cyborg Hindu Godbodies, and sticking with him once he goes solo,fight Senator Armstrong Alongside him as a fucking huge dragon and save his nanomachine generating heart for future endeavors.*
>>
>>44361480
Reaction time, should be Reflexes.
>>
>>44361480
>>44361579
Whoops,Reaction time is included in reflexes right??
>>
>>44361480
Oh forgot 1.integrate Cybernetics seamlessly.
>>
Jump #15: CardCaptor Sakura
Name: Diamond D. Paige
Origin: Drop-in

-Perks-
>Danger Sense (Free)
Yaay. Now i have a slightly nerfed version of Spiderman's powers.

>Safety First (-100CP)
Hah, take that rebellious creations!

>Refined Skill (Therapist) (-150CP)
Never enough ways to stop a madman.

>Something Special (-200CP)
I shall never be impeded in my efforts at romance!

>Devotion (-300CP)
>Unconquerable Love (-300CP)
I shalt never harm a loved one, nor will I ever lose the ability to love.

>Magician (-200CP)
>Conjoined Conjures (-300CP)
I'm a wizard now.

-Items-
>Camcorder (-50CP)
Have to record my adventures somehow.

-Drawbacks-
>Adaptation Values (+300CP)
>Lure of Magic (+200CP)
>Pride (+100CP)
Fuck you censors! Wait, why do I need other people when i have myself to love?

I think for this jump I'll just f*** off to a mountain or something and practice my magic.
>>
In Macross, can you take Genetic Defect as a Protodevlin?
>>
>>44361769
You can ONLY take Genetic Defect as a Protodevlin.
So, yes.
>>
>>44361769
>>44361864
Wait, crap. That Spiritia Deficiency. Nevermind.
>>
>>44361864
No, not Spiritia Deficiency. Genetic Defect.

>-Genetic Defect (+100CP) (Zentraedi Only): Normally when a Zentraedi is micronized, they look like the form they had when they were large. You... not so much due to an unfortunate defect in your system. Your micronized form is tiny and childlike. Expect people to assume you're a kid without their parents a lot. Hope you have a good excuse.

It does say Zentraedi only, but since both races have the size change ability, the drawback can work for both, and that's why I'm asking.
>>
In any robot or such related jump that let's you integrate the robot parts into your body, like MGR.

Does it apply to all alt forms, just one, or those you choose? And if one, is it the default one or the one from that jump?

Also, are all the various human bodies from jumps where you took origins your possible alt forms?
>>
Question about Titanfall, Am I reading the Titan hanger part right? because to me it looks like if I deploy and retrieve a Titan I can get another one for free once per day. since it says that it Will produce a free Titan Once every day and that it will not produce one until the previous one has been retrieved Or destroyed.
>>
>>44361948
Sounds like it's up to personal interpretation.
>>
>>44361997
I took it to mean that it just always makes one per day, but that if you deploy one you can't deploy a second.
Not entirely what's written, but I got the feeling that's what was meant.
>>
>>44361948
Well I know it applies to all forms for me since I have "this is In fact my final form" From Sword Art Online.
>>
Is there a ruling on whether or not the dark side of the force actually corrupts you? Or just fan wank? actually, is that even canon?
>>
>>44362371
it's not 100% clear how much is the person and how much is the force itself, in the case of EU it seems to vary by author

but there is some degree of allure posed by the power of the dark side
>>
>>44362371
That's canon man. What is Darth Vader, Kylo Ren, Count Dooku, Darth Revan, Darth Malak. All these folks were corrupted by the Dark Side and most of them were followers of the Light Side before being corrupted.
>>
>>44362092
Nope Number of Deployments Isn't mentioned at all,So I guess I'm Feeding it more materials? I just need the one for My upgraded LoT to scan and start fabricating more for me anyway, my plan is to have the Pantheon Robots pilot them for when I need to send a flood of mooks At something.
>>
>>44362371
It's going to vary based on the media. Some stuff like KOTOR, especially 2, tells us that the dark side can be tempered by wisdom to become a powerful and useful tool without becoming insane and crazy. But pretty much all sources say that giving in entirely to the dark side is BAD NEWS and whether or not you're 'corrupted', you're going to go crazy and undo yourself. Essentially, the Dark Side is valuable if you go Gray Jedi and be responsible and balanced, but going Sith is retarded.

>>44362422
>Kylo Ren
>Canon
Not to any of the jumps we have currently. It's all EU.

Also, Revan? Did you miss his entire character arc? The point of Revan was that using the Dark Side well and not letting it consume you is possible. That you can be Gray. Malak is a fuck up, and so is Anikin.
>>
>>44362453
If KOTOR 2 made you think the dark side was a good idea then I'm not sure your remembering the correct game.

Every single dark side character in that was fucking loony tunes.
>>
>>44362453
>>44362502
To add to this Revan evidently thought it was a good idea to use an ancient artifact so steeped in the dark side the shit it made still stank of it, then decided what the galaxy really needed right now was an even worse war than they had just barely won.

Dude got corrupted and went bonkers.
>>
>>44362502
The point of KOTOR 2 is that going full light or full dark makes you a moron. That's what you were supposed to learn from the Sith and from the council. They're all ignorant fucks with only half the answer.
>>
>>44362453
He went full on Darth, he only came back to the light when he lost his memory and has Bastila waifu guide him again.

Kylo Ren isn't in any the jumps we have so far, because there's two more movies coming out in 18 or so month period. Then you have Bobba Fett movie, and Rogue Squadron. We're gonna be swamped in Star Wars.

Anakin wasn't a fuck up. He never had a real father figure. If Qui-Gon was still alive, then he could've controlled Anakin. Obi-Wan didn't like Anakin at first, and only took him as an apprentice (when he was barely out of apprenticehood himself) out of respect for Qui-Gon. Even then it was more like an older brother - younger brother relationship. Palpatine took advantage of the earning of a parental figure. Especially after his mom was killed and used that to manipulate him into the Dark Side.

KOTOR 2's Sith were nuts. Scion was held together by his rage, he was literally a walking corpse. Nihilius is a sentient wound in the Force, it's driven by hunger. Then you have granny who wanted to seperate everyone from the Force.
>>
>>44362563
And yet going full light side will solve everything and make everyone who isn't an out and out dick happy.
>>
>>44362620
>He went full on Darth
Maybe up to your interpretation. Also, fuck Bastilla.

>Kylo Ren...
Is irrelevant as he is in a different canon. This isn't hard to understand. EU =/= Disney canon.

>Anakin wasn't a fuck up.
Are you defending the Prequels? I shouldn't even bother talking to you for doing that. Your opinion is obviously ground up garbage.

>KOTOR 2...
See >>44362563

I have no idea how you and the other idiot thought "Going full dark side is bad" somehow meant I said "GO SITH SMOKE FORCE WEED EVERYDAY", like do you even bother reading my full post?

>>44362625
>Solve everything
>Kidnapping children and trying to get them to suppress their human emotions and behavior while they're teenagers will totally fix things and not create more Dark Jedi.

Either you balance yourself between the extremes, or you keep having civil wars.
Even fucking Luke dialed back on that shit. Passion is meant to be part of the Dark Side, and he sure didn't restrict it entirely like the idiots before him.
>>
>>44362371

It's canon. I'm not sure if it actively tries, but there's a really simple explanation.

The dark side is fuel by and/or accessed by uncontrolled negative emotions that reach the point of obsession.

Essentially it's powered by going "I'm going to be an angry hateful spiteful megalomaniac that's obsessed with being angry, hateful, and spiteful. What's this self control thing? I don't need self control I have unending hatred."

If that doesn't lead to going psychotic I have no idea what would.
>>
>>44362687
Dark Side is fueled by emotions in general. Hatred is just the easiest to use and the best fuel for it.
>>
>>44362625
>solve everything
>regime of emotional suppression, kidnapping, elimination of opposing ideals

Y'know what. I'm going to be cliche and make the duct tape comparison.

The Force is like duct tape. You have your light side, and your dark side, and it keeps shit together. If you only have one, it either unravels or has little-to-no-meaning with the other.
>>
>>44362674
I said precisely jack of shit about being a Jedi, I said full light side. Which is just objectively a better idea than joining the angry emo brigade and buying a bunch of black leather pants.
>>
>>44362714
Once again, your are equating things that have very little to do with my statement. Which is the dark side is for edgy morons and the light side is an objectively better idea. At no point have I brought up the Jedi.
>>
>>44362727
>>44362747
>Full light side
So you mean
>Kidnapping children and trying to get them to suppress their human emotions and behavior while they're teenagers will totally fix things and not create more Dark Jedi.
Going full light side is to try to deny that you're a person. It's entirely devoid of emotion and humanity. It's always bad. Is it good for everyone? No, because either they maintain no authority and Dark Side users pop up and fuck shit up with no body to stop them, or they force everyone to join them, and their ridiculously strict ascetic philosophy drives many of their students into the arms of the Dark Side. Both extremes are bad because they always lead to more extremes.
>>
Also since we're talking about the EU, I would like to point out, that Dark/Light is only one view of the force. Out in the wide Galaxy, there are many force using groups with different views. For some, there are no sides, for some, there are many, many beyond simply two. A spectrum, not a dichotomy.
>>
>>44362752
That is being a Jedi, going light side just entails being a nice person.
>>
>>44362780
Nope. Emotions are of the Dark Side. Being a nice person but not going full automaton is necessarily being somewhere between the extremes. Maybe you wouldn't call yourself "Gray", that depends on the time, person, and politics, but you are not full light side.
>>
File: shopping.png (453KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
shopping.png
453KB, 700x700px
Jumpers, its Christmas Eve. I hope you've all finished your holiday shopping and can spend it with friends and family.
>>
>>44362674
>Your opinion is obviously ground up garbage.
Oh, you're one of THOSE people.

Alright then.

ANAKIN BEST JEDI
VADER WORST SITH
LUKE A SHIT
ORIGINAL TRILOGY A SHIT
JAR JAR BEST GIRL OF ALL TIME
>>
File: slap your face.gif (869KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
slap your face.gif
869KB, 500x336px
>>44362752
Full light side =/= Jedi.

Just as EU =/= Disney because corporate greed is too great for one canon.

Although the VII was okay, definitely lost momentum in the later part of the film.
>>
File: image.png (525KB, 850x637px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
525KB, 850x637px
>>44362801
>>
>>44362829
>>44362793

>>44362814
>JAR JAR BEST GIRL
Gungan girls gone wild!

If you want me to be 'fair' to Many, he said Anakin wasn't a fuck up but then went on to show how he fucked up. Even if you buy Lucas' crap writing, Anakin was old enough to know that following Palpatine around was wrong. He fucked up by doing that. He failed. Excuses or not, that's the truth.
>>
>>44362793
That is a claim made by the post reform Jedi and is simply part of there current religious doctrine. Hell, they changed it pretty drastically way back. Here's the old one.

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.

The claims of the Jedi are not universal truths.
>>
>>44362829
So much disappointed with the end result of Phasma. Just, there was so much more they could've done there. All that hype that didn't go nowhere.
>>
>>44362801
Well, I'm Jewish, so the "spend time celebrating with family" thing ended a couple weeks ago. But thanks for the well wishes, all the same.
>>
>>44362851
And the original Jedi studied both the Light and the Dark Side before the later got kicked out. If you want to go full 'ambiguous' about it, then you're going to have to deal with even less surety in what is and isn't Dark Side and how much is and isn't bad, because there are multiple reforms in the history of the Jedi, and multiple individual views and heresies.

Mace Windu, even, danced with the Dark Side in his signature saber technique.
>>
>>44362856
She ended up as the equivalent of a shiny Pokemon.

Hyped to fuck and visually different, but still pointless.
>>
File: 1407303009277.png (349KB, 406x393px) Image search: [Google]
1407303009277.png
349KB, 406x393px
>>44362801
I'm going to spend it being alone and wishing I was working instead
>>
>>44360066
There's plenty of super-tier speed perks so hard to say, I mean everything from Thundercats to Twilight has a super-tier speed perk. Best time perks... probably Lunar Dial from Touhou Project, which (while expensive) starts at omghax and gets even more so with practice (on the other hand it's Touhou, with more gods and demons wanting to pick a fight than you can swing an angry fairy at).
>>
>>44362851
Also, claiming the Jedi might not know what the fuck they're talking about can lead us into >>44362770 , where there might not even BE light and dark sides, but many sides. A spectrum. Would some in this spectrum still be taboo or cause problems? No doubt, but it'd be less dualistic.
>>
>>44362801
Joke's on you. My country doesn't HAVE Christmas.
>>
>>44362907
Cirno is the strongest weapon to swing with.
>>
>>44362893
I'm sorry To hear that Spyro,You know my steam. Want to play some video games Christmas night?
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (100KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
100KB, 1280x1280px
>>44362886
Didn't some random storm trooper who stomped the MC's shit with EASE with his baton get tons more attention because he's technically more powerful than Phasma, and Kylo Ren. Even named him Tray Tor.
>>
>>44362801
I'm basically just gonna eat too much and run the air condition. Fuck this El Nino shit.
>>
>>44362877
And yet it took them 20,000 years to switch to the new code after their split to the light side.
>>
File: image.jpg (137KB, 1158x690px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137KB, 1158x690px
>>44362930
Yes.

TR-8R truly is the best part of VII
>>
>>44362886
>>44362856
I'm pretty sure the actress is on for the next two movies. Since they didn't legit kill her and her fate wasn't one of insta-death. Even with the big boom at the end.
>>
>>44362970
Chronology doesn't really counter my core point at all. That if you dismiss the Jedi as being authorities, which is fine, then you also call the entire dichotomy into question, and even when only discussing the Jedi, you blur the line between what is and isn't Dark Side because even they have had multiple definitions. Beyond that even, Dark Side use has been directly sanctioned before, even by the 'modern' Jedi. So, you basically turn the entire argument into something else much, much less solid than it was before.
>>
>>44362752
Jedi were ascetic wizard warrior monks. They viewed the emotional detachment from the Galaxy as a good thing. That logic and peace should prevail over emotion and conflict.

They "kidnap" children at young age, and raise them to be Jedi, because they want them not to be overly attached to family. This often leads to emotion clouding judgment, like Anakin & his mom. Children are also easy to teach, and the Jedi Masters can monitor them in safety. Make sure they pick up on the basics of using the Force for good, and to see where their talents might be.

Without the Jedi order then you'll have a lot of Force Sensitives confused about what they are. This often leads to abuse of the Force, and corruption. This is a danger to entire communities, and systems because the Dark Side spreads like wild fire.

Most the Jedi aren't the Knights. Only the best can become a Knight. Most are put to work in other areas like library, agriculture, and other service industries.

Jedi aren't evil, they're guided by doctrine that's thousands of years old. Ironically both in Disney & EU canons, after destruction of the Jedi Order & Luke trying to rebuild it. Both fail, due to wayward apprentices & Dark Side coming back with a vengeance.
>>
Rey is a Mary Sue, no real flaws, good at everything, better than most even right when she first does something. She's mad boring.
>>
>>44362994
Not even the other people on your side like the Prequel Jedi's view, Many. Give it up, you're pretty much alone in railing against emotions.
>>
>>44362985
They confirmed she'll have a large role in VIII.
>>
File: 1449722410230.gif (2MB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
1449722410230.gif
2MB, 400x250px
>>44362929
Nah senpai

I'm more than willing to do some online talkin' and work on my jumps than online gaymin. I'll feel a little better once winter is over so I'll bask in the glory of the sun again.
>>
>>44362999
Yeah, but she's cute son I can give it a pass.

She's also Luke's daughter. So there's that.
>>
>>44363035
Sun is prequel-tier, Spyro. Overcast + rain is best.

And unfortunately I live in the ironic hell that is Southern California.
>>
>>44363011
Oh, I quite like them and think they did a great deal more good than bad. Doesn't mean I don't think they have a hell of a lot of room to improve though.
>>
>>44363035
>Winter

Is that what they're calling it this year? I've been calling it early Spring. Weather in the 60s & 70s, sunshine, lots of rain every now & then. Most the trees have leaves still.

>>44363059
But her accent is horrible. At least Finn's actor put on an American accent. She couldn't either?
>>
File: Image155.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Image155.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
>>44362801
Holiday shopping is a mix for me,I commissioned some art for my IRL girl,But mainly money went towards the tins and Ingredients for All the Baked goods I'm making everyone.
>>
>>44363068
Clone War CGI series was best thing in the Prequels IMHO.
>>
>>44363075
Eh, I liked her accent.

Besides, lots of planets have an England.
>>
>>44362986
How does 'Don't fuel your magic spiritual powers with rage, hate and pain or you'll turn into a colossal cock waffle' work for you?
>>
do conduits grow in power over time I keep reading the lines put does that mean the more I use it the stronger it becomes and itll grow over time or does it have a level cap like thing
>>
>>44363097
Sure, but the problem is that some say that any emotion fueling your powers is the Dark Side, even if you're powering them with love and compassion.
>>
>>44363101
Yes.
>>
>>44363090
The older animated series was pretty amazing though.
>>
>>44363101
Yes they do, it's supported in canon. People will bitch at you if you add stuff outside of your strict them though. "I can make more kinds of holograms!" will be fine, "I can change physics!" will probably piss someone who cares too much off.
>>
File: 1449712430228.gif (15KB, 447x393px) Image search: [Google]
1449712430228.gif
15KB, 447x393px
>>44363067
While I do enjoy a nice heavy storm or two for maximum comf. Extended periods without sunshine really screw with me. I like heavy overcast clouds though find them comforting.

>>44363075
It's hot and muggy because florida. Then one random day it's fucking FREEZING. And then hot and dry the next day then humid and cold that afternoon. It's almost as bad as Marylands weather.

>>44363101
It's...complicated just note it DOES get stronger over time. It just kinda...ummm expands in utilities on top of that. Sometimes it approaches anime or cape comics level of what.
>>
>>44363101

That's a yes to the first part of >>44363113 Anonymous, I don't think there's a levelcap.
>>
>>44363101
Conduit powers grow with use and time, but we don't know if there is a cap or not. Or if there is a cap if it's reached in 40 years or 400.
>>
>>44363111
Well, fuck them. The above is the view of the dark side I've been arguing against for this conversion.

I think I'll have to let my point rest at that for now, the sun is coming up.
>>
>>44363159
Enjoy your sleep (?) anon.

Gray Jedi are best.
>>
I wonder how an All Dogs Go To Heaven jump would work.
>>
>>44363179
Can I be an ebil demon cat thing?

I wanna be an evil cat demon thing.
>>
>>44363195
So a cat?
>>
>>44363179
Origins would be Angel dog, devil dog,Dog and orphan.
>>
File: tumblr_n4qd0v1NZ31r8lutfo1_500.gif (937KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4qd0v1NZ31r8lutfo1_500.gif
937KB, 450x253px
>>44363201
yes
>>
>>44363113
>>44363124
>>44363129
thank yall I was just thinking more energy to sling around better recharge rate and more efficient consumption and saving of energy
>>
>>44363179
My views are warped and corrupted by too much /co/, so I can't help but be worried one of you would try to waifu the demon or angel dog.
>>
>>44363251
Son, people will waifu anything.
>>
>>44363312
Facilitating it bothers me.
>>
>>44362752
There's always the ancient Jedi code - acknowledging that the Dark Side and all it entails exist, and are a part of you, but not letting them control you. Prequel Jedi - and KotOR Jedi, for that matter - basically ignored that and and went for full aesceticism.
>>
In Mushoku Tensei, which Demon Eyes are your favourite, and why?
>>
Okay, from what I understand, here's what the situation is for Jedi:
>Old Jedi
balance between apathy and passion, did not let emotion take full control, but acknowledged they were still fucking human
>Post-reform Jedi
fuck you, if you show emotion you're clearly using the dark side and that is BAD BAD BAD GET OUT OF OUR ORDER
>Sith
Yeah sure do whatever the hell you want, just fuck shit up, have fun with it!
>Empire
The Force is an old religion that has no say on anything, yep, we totally don't have one of the greatest users of Force ever on our side.
>post Empire
whatever the new movies do, we don't know everything yet and Luke literally had 0 lines in the last movie.
>>
>>44363478
>Je'daii Order (Originals)
Light and Dark side? Same shit, use whatever you want just don't be too much of an abusive asshole. (This was also pre-Galactic police force, they weren't part of any government).

>Post-Empire EU
Basically back to the Old Jedi way, only with less structure and formality. Luke runs a loose ship.

Then we get into the far future Cade Skywalker shit which is kinda edgy and I don't know a lot about so I won't comment on.
>>
>>44363478
Post-empire Jedi in the EU probably have it best. They're not forced into being emotionless monks, they don't take children away from their families to be trained and they don't see a lot of Force powers and Dark or Light sided.
>>
>>44363421
The All-Seeing Eye, ofcourse.

As for why... Do you know how many magic systems and abilities JUST require me to see the target?
I can snipe people from the other side of the world with this. I can project illusions from in Australia, while turning people inside-out and irradiate the remains in Germany, while sipping a martini on a Hawaiian beach. I love it.

That said, I did pick up almost all the eyes. Because I liked almost all of them. Especially Absorbtion and Absolute Void.
>>
File: sadguardsman.gif (934KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
sadguardsman.gif
934KB, 800x600px
>>44362801
I think that might be the one thing my Jumper would miss about the real world. Despite all the issues, she'd miss having a real family to share special times like this with. None of her Companions know what Christmas is and a few of them don't really like her much at all but still follow so as not to lose track of her antics (and thus be able to intervene).
>>
>>44363478
Only one that I gotta disagree with is Sith.

Sith are "Power is the end, get it by whatever means. Weak need to be ruled by the strong. If someone stronger comes along, either kill them by being smarter or get killed." Fun is just an added bonus.

Retarded philosophy, but so is the Reform Jedi.
>>
>>44363645
Yeah, there's a distinction between Dark Jedi/Dark Side Force Users and Sith. Dark Jedi don't have any established creed, they're Jedi that started using the Dark Side. What they feel and think varies between them. Dark Side Force Users are a wide category including random untrained force sensitives using it for bad stuff, to full on philosophies and organizations in the wilder parts of the Galaxy. Sith, on the other hand, is a specific philosophy that grew, tens of thousands of years ago, from the very first Dark Jedi after they were banished from the Je'daii with the first big reform in their history, the one that made them recognizable today as goody two-shoes.

It's a common misconception to think Sith is the term for the Dark Side users just because almost every Dark Jedi attaches themselves to this ancient group's ruins and artifacts for legitimacy and guidance, but they technically do not hold a monopoly on it at all.
>>
File: 1439191072562.jpg (70KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1439191072562.jpg
70KB, 500x375px
>>44362801
Still got to do last bit of shopping, because impossible to figure out what to get for my dad.

But we're all old and no longer getting fuck load of gifts. But it's still good to spend time with the family before my brother and I inevitably drink too much at the parties.

Deus vult.
>>
>>44363390
>>44363595
Aint it funny that the dumbest Jedi groups are the ones Lucas was directly involved in?
>>
>>44363634
Do the Christmas jump, spread Holiday cheer to your friends.
>>
>>44363101
Cole, who had Electrokinesis, could conjure up storms and shit IIRC.
>>
>>44363740
Really short-lived ones, though, and it took a lot out of him. If you want to keep it up it's probably best to get some sort of power boosting effect, first.
>>
>>44363101
I don't think there is a cap. The MC eventually learned how to travel back in time with his elctrokinesis. Some how.
>>
>>44362371
If you're asking in terms of jump mechanics, yes the Dark Side can still corrupt you and anyone else you grant force powers to.
>>
>>44363390

Since your here I have a few questions about the Dresden Files and Avatar The Last Airbender jump.

I'll start with the Dresen Files questions.

1. Are their any guidelines for how the different types of fae work when it comes to changelings that aren't 'read all of the books'?

2 . Are 'the sight' and 'wizard tricks' things that can be developed later on if you start as a 'lesser practitioner' than the kind that gets them, or more of an innate thing?

3. If you get necromancy from the 'Blood, Mind, and Heart' item do you have the potential to try to learn other forms of mortal magic, or are you basically a necromancy focused practitioner?

4. Is it possible to use necromancy on the pieces of a soul added to a spell using soul fire to try to improve the manipulation, and/or to try to reabsorb the soul energy once its done?

Now for the ATLA one.

If you pick earth bending do you have the rare genetics (or however they explained it) needed to potentially develop lava bending, or is it something you just can't get from the ATLA jump?

I remember you mentioning that you might be able to learn the more advanced bending variants with enough time and effort, and that purchasing it simply guarantees you will be good at it, but most advanced bending variants aren't 'you must be part of this much smaller sub-group within this bending group to even try learning it'.
>>
>>44363803
You and I both know that in the EU stuff your jumps are around, people can be Gray Jedi or dip into the Dark Side without going evil or being corrupted. So don't be dumb.
>>
>>44362801
I arranged for the presents to arrive on Tuesday and have decided just not to answer the door if they decide to come retrieve me. It wouldn't be the first time they've ignored my request to leave me the fuck alone.

In jump, I imagine it to be much the same, but I have more resources to devote to Christmas hide and seek.
>Is he in the jungle full of magical plants and animals?
>Or the Art Deco metropolis that popped up over night?
And then Chimmy will go full King Kong while it turns out I'm in the crystal satellite behind the moon.
>>
>>44363817
can != will
>>
>>44363817
I'm not saying you can't use Dark Side powers or harness your emotions. I'm saying that you dive into it fully then you can be corrupted. But since nobody relies on Force Powers exclusively, and there are enough willpower perks to make you the most stubborn bastard in the multiverse, you should be ok unless you purposely decide to go full Dark Side.
>>
>>44363757
>>44363790
Eh, if the Beast hadn't dropped by he probably could have made full scale ones.

This does make me wonder how Delsins power would grow though? Would he no longer have to touch people to get their powers?
>>
>>44363808
>1. Are their any guidelines for how the different types of fae work when it comes to changelings that aren't 'read all of the books'?
For a basic understanding fae are fae, D&D, hellboy, changeling, and other forms are good enough to get an idea of the sort of thing around, but the setting is its own thing so the actual information on Dresden fae you'd need to read the books or ask the thread.
>Lava bending
Even in Korra, the only way to get lava bending is to buy it, in ATLA it doesn't exist, so you can't get it.
>>
>>44363918
well, in addition to getting ALL the other conduit powers (I'm still irked that the InFamous jump has nothing for that) he could grow those powers to the same scale as their original users
>>
>>44363740
>>44363757
I was thinking around having it for 50 years and almost constant training would make it a bit stronger than cole's
>>
Titanfall
I'd say don't feed the animals... +200
origin engineer -100
rolled age Roll(3d8)+20:7,2,7,+20 Total:36
neutral faction
Titan engineering free for engineer
What’s this Do? -100 Discount Engineer)
synergy of man and machine -200 discounted for engineer
cheaper by the dozens -300 discounted for engineer
playbook -100
pilot weapon:Smart Pistol MK5,Longbow -DMR sniper,EVA-8 shotgun -100
Anti-Titan Weapon:Mag Launcher ,Archer Heavy Rocket free for engineer
Titan chassis:ogre free
Titan ordinance:multi target missile system-100
particle wall free for engineer
Titan weaponry:XO-16 Chaingun,Plasma Railgun-200
Titan hangar free
# the plan: if ever there was a world in need of free energy and energy to mass conversion this is it! From aboard the LoT I distribute the plans and bootstrapping for all of these technologies and more to everyone, being careful to distribute them evenly so as not to cause an imbalance of power and focusing mainly on solving the resources problem and humanitarian aid then destructive potential. Now you may be asking banchô-Anon What do you need with all these giant robots and guns when your giant robot is already so much better? The answer is simple, I need something mass producible for the Pantheon robots to pilot, the replicator bay on the LoT can now print out much better disposable war machines, thanks to all the new science have learned, I've Leonardo has even developed miniature versions armed with very fine but very powerful lasers which are hover capable that can be fired from a gun,modeled after HR Geiger's The birthing machine.
>>
>>44363421
Identification Eye. It's like Observe from The Gamer. Also, never have to worry about forgetting someone's name ever again!

X-Ray Eye. Comic book style x-ray vision is a rare perk and very useful.

Sadly, just buying both costs three quarters of your cp, and there's a lot of cool swag in that jump.
>>
>>44363421
Couldn't afford any, sadly. I really wanted to take one, but I couldn't find any I didn't already have a perk for that I could afford with my perks.
>>
>>44364024
Hey hey, you can take as many Drawbacks as you want in that Jump. Take it from someone whose total resulted in approx 2800 CP, you can take way more shit than you think.
>>
>>44364055
Whoops. It was actually 2900.
>>
>>44363573
>>44363595
truely Kyle Katarn was the paragon that all jedi should aspire towards
>>
>>44364094
He was definitely the coolest.
>>
>>44363953
>miniature robots with lasers, fired out of a gun.
That's both hilarious and terrifying. I approve.

Through personally, I just outfit microbots with miniaturized engines. I imagine it looks pretty Skitter-ish, with swarms of insect-based drones controlled with technopathy.
Ofcourse, the nano-swarms are propably more worrying. But you don't see those.

Jumpers! What size do you prefer your robots in? Do you prefer nano-bots? Micro-bots? Androids? Vehicle-sized ones? Mechs?

Do you theme them around anything?
>>
>>44363924

>For a basic understanding fae are fae, D&D, hellboy, changeling, and other forms are good enough to get an idea of the sort of thing around, but the setting is its own thing so the actual information on Dresden fae you'd need to read the books or ask the thread.

I mostly asked since the jump doesn't really have much information on what you can get from being a changeling, or form the different levels(beyond 'these are more powerful and more politically important than the previous option) and the last time I checked the wiki didn't either.
>>
>>44364114
Yeah,A few Find details on this 1.The lasers are about as strong as a 40K Laserpistol But The beam is only as big around as a 6mm needle 2.There is a laser sight on the gun you can designate a target for them By pointing the laser at the target 3. The robot's Flight systems are kind of puny at That size, they need to be fired to get airborne But once in the air they can maintain flight And maneuver just fine 4.They swarm like bees, bees with stingers Made of tiny lasers 5.The Mystically reinforced, Solid gold AK-47 They are shot from has been enhanced with DMC infinite ammo magic As well.
>>
>>44364075
Actually, screw that. I'm going all the way to 4000.
>>
>>44364114
Mostly nanobots, but I do have a good deal of drones ranging from golf-ball to watermelon sizes. A fair few found there start as Ratchet And Clank weapons, before being worked over by someone who takes the 007 Q approach to sci-fi tech and magitech, resulting in a wide array of machines that can achieve practically anything, meaning I always have an answer for every situation.

I also use SupCom to mass produce Zoids, but that's mostly for fun.
>>
>>44364114
Nanomachines in my chain are mainly used for bodily enhancement, I Made a point of Converting the virus bombs on the LoT into a distribution method for von human body cop nanomachines To end disease and most parasites,But Aside from the armor from the mega man jumps And more recently the pantheon robots I really don't Have any kind of Mechanical minions smaller than 40 m, unless you count the ghosts from destiny,But Most of the Robots I have have been modified to have " sockets" they can interface into so I'm not sure If you count them as robots on to themselves or modular mobile AI cores.
>>
>>44364525
>Converting the virus bombs on the LoT
Did... did you do something about lessening the impact of shooting the bomb at a planet too?
Or do you just fire it at the place you like least?
>>
>>44364670
Of course I did,I added retro rockets and they break up in the jet stream To distribute their payloads anyway
>>
File: MT Funky Eyes.png (246KB, 421x600px) Image search: [Google]
MT Funky Eyes.png
246KB, 421x600px
>>44363421
Absorption and Identification eyes with All Seeing a close third. First is improved to the point it's a game breaker in setting, and out of it gives you handy spell negation. Second will rarely leave you without information. Third due to the ability to zoom in on a place, and makes teleport from samurai jack easy to use.
>>
>>44363808
Aside from "read the books and the roleplaying game," basically any mythological creature that could be considered faerie is game. Canonical examples include Cobbs (shoemaking elves), pixies, goblins, grimalkins, rawheads, trolls, ogres, the billy goats gruff, and fetches - as well as unique and stronger variants like the Redcap, the Leanan Sidhe, and Cait Sith.

To my understanding, the sight and the other wizard tricks cannot be learned by focused practitioners. If you're a sorcerer, then you may be able to in the future; the difference between sorcerer and wizard is often one of refinement and resources. However, focused practitioners are specialists, so they don't get that kind of general trick.

If your sole Power Source is Blood, Mind, and Heart, then that's all you can use, unless you pick up another Power Source perk.

No, you can't use necromancy on your Soulfire. Soulfire relies on using your soul as a form of fuel for your magic, and trying to use necromancy would be like a focused practitioner trying to control fire. With that said, you can probably use your Soulfire to enhance your necromancy.

If Lavabending is explicitly a genetic mutation, then you can't get it from Bending Genius. If it's not, then you can learn how to do it, but it'll be difficult. Waterbending training will help, much like it helped Iroh learn lightning redirection. I haven't watched Korra yet, so I can't really comment either way.
>>
Could an electro kinetic conduit be overloaded by electricity?
>>
>>44365186

>Aside from "read the books and the roleplaying game," basically any mythological creature that could be considered faerie is game. Canonical examples include Cobbs (shoemaking elves), pixies, goblins, grimalkins, rawheads, trolls, ogres, the billy goats gruff, and fetches - as well as unique and stronger variants like the Redcap, the Leanan Sidhe, and Cait Sith.

So basically it's 'if it looks like you can reasonably get this from a fae go ahead' in terms of power/ability options?
>>
>>44365186
Lava is genetics only, pretty much the only thing in Avatar like that (no idea why they did this). Sadly, it makes Earth the absolute worst purchase in ATLA and the absolute best in Korra.
>>
>>44365186
>>44363808
Lavabending is heavily implied to be a genetic only ability. In TLA the only person who could do it was the Avatar, and one of the two people who displayed the ability in LOK did it with no training and was confirmed to have parents from the Fire & Earth nations.
>>
>>44365316
Just keep in mind that you have to pay a fair cost, and that anything above the Big Trouble level is off-limits. I know there are canonically Changelings of the Queens, but they're out of the scope of the Jump.
>>
>>44364114
Either power armor like Iron Man and the like, or larger than the universe like Gurren Lagann.
No in between.
>>
Jumpers, I have a problem. I know that some of you have all sorts of methods by which you get loads of attention to yourselves, either by just showing you power, creating kingdoms, turning into kaiju, etc.

However, my problem is that I'm too low-key. I almost never take a proactive role in something, unless I'm actually forced to do so. Even then, when I'm right in the middle of the plot, I just go along with everyone else, and just fade into obscurity. Even if I show my power, I quickly fade back into the background. Basically, I'm too passive for my own good. What could I do to fix this?

OOC: I have problems coming up with major changes to the plot. Wat do.
>>
>>44365314
It's not clear, but they can be hurt by it when it's used to attack them, as the first game is a fight between two.
>>
File: but that's heresy.jpg (110KB, 600x827px) Image search: [Google]
but that's heresy.jpg
110KB, 600x827px
>>44364055
>>44364369

Yeah, I know there's no CP limit for drawbacks in that jump, but there is a personal limit and mine's _really_ low. It's like, the jumper is supposed to be ourselves, yeah? I empathise enough with "myself" to not want to make "my" life turn to shit - which, if we're being honest, is what a lot of drawbacks do - and likewise "jumper me" wouldn't be the sort of anon who'd be happy making other people's lives turn to shit for his own benefit - which, ditto.

tl,dr; a lot of jumps, I take no drawbacks at all. I am not a shonen determinator.
>>
File: untilted.png (103KB, 404x229px) Image search: [Google]
untilted.png
103KB, 404x229px
JumpChain!
How do I become the best at FIST?
>>
>>44365535
>not being an asshole to your future self
What are you, good at planning and stuff?
>>
>>44365541
Training.
>>
>>44365474

That's fine. My issue was less 'how much power' and "So I have no idea what I'd get if I picked this."
>>
>>44365541
>untilted
This triggers me.
>>
File: unanmed.png (97KB, 404x222px) Image search: [Google]
unanmed.png
97KB, 404x222px
>>44365578
better?
>>
>>44365535
I feel the same, but I'm also a risk taker who enjoys challenges. I pick drawbacks like it was me so I NEVER pick anything that I wouldn't see as fun, but I'm big on calculated risk. So I managed to pick up a ton of drawbacks in that jump, but not all of 'em.
>>
File: olde_git_gud.jpg (122KB, 685x600px) Image search: [Google]
olde_git_gud.jpg
122KB, 685x600px
>>44365541
>>
File: unsinged.png (97KB, 404x222px) Image search: [Google]
unsinged.png
97KB, 404x222px
>>44365613
>>
>>44365494
Look up 'what's wrong with X' things about the series. That might help you come up with things to try to fix or help out with.
>>
>>44365494
You don't have to fuck up everything in every setting you go to, and even if you do decide to derail everything, play to your strengths. You said you fade into the background, right? become the man behind the throne. Comment here, comment there and if people trust or value your advice things go spinning off in an entirely new direction and nobody has any idea you did it.
>>
>>44365541
>Get a perk that lets you easily copy techniques, I think there's one in Zelda and another in Ranma
>Go to Wuxia and take Adaptability to learn martial arts more easily
>Also take the Everybody was Kung-Fu Fighting drawback from the same jump, combined with the copying skill you'll pick up a ridiculous number of skills by just going about your day
>Take the perk from City of Heroes that makes you good enough at karate to karate demi-gods into submission
>Most importantly, take Genius of Hard Work from Naruto so that you'll keep training and growing stronger
>Also maybe pick up some good taijutsu skills while you're there, but the Hard Work is the most important part

There's lots more, but that's a pretty good base.
>>
>>44365541
Adding on to >>44365707 if you still want to use magic but only punch magic then grab the perk Hybrid from Smite, it lets you channel any supernatural power into your body or through weapons, so you could punch someone to heal them, or punch them to turn them into a duck, or punch them into bloody giblets, whatever floats your boat. Also you could make boats float or stop floating by punching them.
>>
If you take the Jumper Empress of Jumper Eyes, is there anything stopping you from anesthetizing the recipient before you fuck with their eyes?
>>
Hey! Hey. Hey, /jc/.

I know that I'm an asshole sometimes, partly because 2014 and '15 were utter shite, but also because I'm kind of an asshole, but despite all the shit flinging, power mongering, and pitch forking I just want you to know that I love you fuckers.

Merry Christmas, Happy Festivas, Jewish Word Greetings Chaunkia, and Super Solstace, one and all.
>>
File: 2007-11-30-1846-karatefight2[1].gif (46KB, 600x497px) Image search: [Google]
2007-11-30-1846-karatefight2[1].gif
46KB, 600x497px
>>44365707
>Forgetting the strongest form of karate
>>
>>44365900
The perk is from Mushoku Tensei, in case I wasn't clear.
>>
>>44365935
>Forgetting Dynamite is the strongest form of Karate.
>>
>>44365900
I don't think so. I don't even think there's any reason you can't surgically remove their eyes instead of swishing your fingers around in the sockets. It's just that the character in canon who has the ability is kind of a jerk.
>>
>>44365935
Hey look! it's me in martial Jumps!
>>
>>44365920
>Forgetting Quanza
I'M OFFENDED
>>
>>44365935
>Not being immune to bullets.
>>
File: 1450153874115.png (151KB, 450x374px) Image search: [Google]
1450153874115.png
151KB, 450x374px
I'm doing a run of some high power (Worm, OPM, Naruto, etc) jumps right now. You guys know any settings where I could pick up shonen-protag level powers with high survivability?
>>
>>44365935
Man is King Karate going to be boned when someone who's karate happens to be a rifle decides want's the crown. Those windows better be bulletproof for his sake.
>>
>>44366048
Bleach? You already named Naruto, only other big name missing is One Piece and Bleach.
>>
>>44366048
>High survivability
>High powered jumps
Choose one.
>>
>>44360549
Believe you're thinking of making new Contracts, which are fairly complex but mostly involve doing a quest on the behalf of an uncontracted aspect of reality after negotiating out the precise details of the clauses. After that you make an appropriate sacrifice to seal the Contract.

Although for useful day to day stuff you can get Goblin Vows and Pledges. Goblin Vows let you negotiate one off exchanges of services with some fairly specific aspect of reality, while pledges are supernaturally enforced oaths. The precise details on Pledges can be found here http://thereachmux.org/wiki/Changeling/Pledge-Crafting_101 (or maybe not, having trouble loading the page myself).
>>44360573
Technically it's possible to do without substantial loses, it's just that sacrificing of yourself is the relatively easy way.
>>
>>44365988
You need to build up to that kind of thing,Remember and Branch out .especially Into stuff that Will be difficult to find in other stuff, be careful not to take drawbacks, use meta-knowledge , so basically what >>44366073 Said.
>>
>>44366108
Whoops that was supposed to be for >44366048
>>
>>44366093
>Believe you're thinking of making new Contracts, which are fairly complex but mostly involve doing a quest on the behalf of an uncontracted aspect of reality after negotiating out the precise details of the clauses. After that you make an appropriate sacrifice to seal the Contract.
Huh. So as long as you're thorough, patient, and not stupid you can make a Contract, or two, and not fuck yourself in the process? Is that what I'm reading?

'Cause if that's the case, then that changes everything.
>>
>>44366048

Touhou
>>
>>44355163
Man, I'm gonna go play some Spiral Knights now. Its been like three years.
>>
>>44366048
Negima, just don't go to mars.
>>
>>44366207
Yeah, head over to Venus instead.
>>
>>44366048
JoJo, Touhou, Muskoku Tensei, Ar Tonelico, Bayonetta, DMC, Fate, Fairy Tail, maybe something like Percy Jackson or Harry Potter as well, though that's debatable.
>>
>>44365340
Or it could be that unlocking it without training requires genetic. However that maybe you could teach others how to lavabend.

Debating on going Earthbender in Korra & Firebender in Airbender. Or Firebender for both.

Any perk that allows you to burn stuff that can't normally be hurt/burned?
>>
>>44366391
Go Sororitas in 40k Imperium of Man.
>>
>>44362858
Hey, fellow Jew! I hope you had a nice Hanukkah, and happy Tu BiShvat this January!
>>
>>44362801
I need more alcohols.
>>
>>44366130
Having gone over the book again there's an unavoidable cost of a dot of willpower. Dots of willpower can be bought back fairly easily though, they're more just a way to prevent overuse of certain powers by attaching a minor long term cost.

Also you have a minor alliance that you need to keep with the contracted element for a year and a day, which mostly entails not doing stuff detrimental to the element (no turning off lights if you're contracting with Light, breaking mirrors with Reflections and so on). On the plus side it also mildly hinders attempts to turn the subject of the Contract against you.
>>
>>44366529
i just ran out of mix, there's no soda in the house, so i'll be mainlining bourbon for the rest of the night
>>
>>44366553
>Bought back.
It's not a game during the jump.
>>
>>44366553
Shit. I am now on board with being a rape candelabra.
>>
>>44366572
Assuming that game mechanics exist to in part to replicate real world function, I'd take that to mean that it taxes your psyche but with recovery and training you can get back up to speed.
>>
>>44366410
I do like cleansing fire. However it doesn't seem to be able to burn like fire. I'm trying figure out how hot I need to bring my fire to burn the Johj from Terraformars.
>>
How useful is Mass Effect space weaponry? I heard somewhere that they fire ridiculously fast in comparison to Halo. All I really remember is that Halo has better weaponry compared to ME's solid techbase.
>>
>>44366636
If you get the weapons tech from ME1, then you've got a way to mass produce weapons with unlimited ammo.
>>
>>44366645
Technically not unlimited, just with so much ammo you're not likely to run out during any standard op.
>>
>>44366645
It's not unlimited. Before the introduction of heat sinks (which were stupid), there was a tale how a Krogan & Asari met. Hint it was on the battle field, they spent days firing at one another. Finally both ran out of ammo. Romance ensued.
>>
>>44366636
I think if I properly recall the specs, Halo Weapons fire bigger bullets at faster speeds than Mass Effect.

They're better in every way other than ammo capacity, their main guns would tear Mass Effect ships in two.
>>
>>44366671
>>44366725
Dense metal blocks are not the hardest things to reproduce though.
>>
>>44366572
Yes, which means it's regrown over time. The point is that it's easy to recuperate with a bit of time (and maybe something interesting to do). Generally I'd assume a few months if you're relatively sedate, with being actively going out and doing stuff accelerating it (and you're going to be going out and questing immediately after the expenditure). It's not crippling or even especially notable unless you constantly spam it. Even more so if you have some extra willpower perks.
>>
>>44366636
Halo's weaponry sucks. Most the UNSC has is regular projectiles. Mass Effect weapons are like coilguns. They fire bullet size of a sand grain, but going near light speed. Getting hit by one without shield on is death, from the fact it's going so fast the shock to your system is extreme. Unless you're a Krogan, because Krogans are that awesome.
>>
>>44366751
Yeah, if you're doing standard solid-state ammo (that is, nothing specialty), Mass Effect's system is overall the best. Very versatile and efficient.
>>
>>44366751
Yup.

>>44366725
>there was a tale how a Krogan & Asari met. Hint it was on the battle field, they spent days firing at one another. Finally both ran out of ammo. Romance ensued.
I remember that. Man, ME had some fun stuff in the background.

>>44366748
Halo fires bigger bullets, but not at faster speeds. ME1 weapons hit as hard as they do because they fire at fractional FTL. Halo weapons are standard slug throwers.
>>
>>44366788
>>44366781
>>44366774
>>44366748
Also don't forget that Mass Effect 1 had frictionless materials and it was possible to make weapons that would never overheat.
>>
>>44355163

Spiral Knights
> Background: Gremlin Technician
> Acquester [Get a Freebie!]
> Technician [-100CP]
> Core Competence [-200CP]
> The Bitter End [-400CP]
> Seraphynx [Get a Freebie!]
> Pet Slime [Get a Freebie!]
> Accessory M. [-200CP]
> Alchemy M. [-200CP]
> Love Puppy [-200CP]
> The Knights [Get a Freebie!]
> The Outcasts [-100CP]
> The Crimson Plot [+200CP]
> The Swarm [+200CP]

> Knights: Striker, Recon, Guardian
> Outcasts: Demo, Ghostmane Stalker, Mender

Today is a momentous occasion.
I have found my Quirky Miniboss Squad.

It's just a shame that they take up six slots between them all. But three out of six isn't so bad. That's the normal size of a squad anyway. I'll make do.
Anyway! Less "defectors to the Spiral Knights," more "band of gremlins abandoned a sinking ship and struck out on their own... then allied up with the Spiral Knights anyway because fighting is stupid." Whatever. Semantics.
Point is, I totally make a killing selling pretty armour accessories to Spiral Knights. Holy shit you will not believe what they are willing to pay for a flower that sticks to their helmet.

Anyway, rack up money, buy supplies, delve into clockworks for stuff to tinker with, experiment, SCIENCE!
Made quite a few runs to the munitions factory.
And eventually stumble across dark, otherworldly secrets that binds the fate of all Spiral Knights, Gremlins, and the world.
So that's fun.

I am an adorable gremlin and we're gonna science the fuck out of everything.
EVERYTHING!
>>
>>44366788
ME1 had a lot of fluff. ME2 it kinda dropped off. Then ME3 they barely give you anything outside of the main story. Want to explore? Fuck you. You can't.
>>
Hiya friends what's your stand I'm trying to not to take a Canon stand and I want to see if I can draw inspiration from you all and merry Christmas
>>
>>44366821
EAWare wanted a shooter.
>>
>>44366863
Take a song/band you like and think of something that connects to it thematically.
>>
Reminder that the UNSC frigates have a gun that can kill the average Reaper destroyer.

And UNSC cruisers are as big as the average dreadnought.

The UNSC would facereck the Citadel in space.
>>
>>44366863
>I want to see if I can draw inspiration from you all and merry Christmas
Here's what I did to make my stand. I listened to a bunch of music that I like, and found a song that made sense for my jumper and the Jojoverse. Then all I had to do was continue listening to the song, and looking at in verse stands to see in broad strokes what they're capable of, and after a while I had my own custom stand.

tl;dr - Make your stand about you
>>
>>44366893
Yeah, but they're not so hot at a personal scale despite the good ships.
>>
>>44366875
You know I read that it's possible to switch the ammo system back to it's original version in ME2 by editing the .ini file, but I've never tried it out myself.
>>
>>44366893
>Not just using the LoT to trash entire fleets in a single volley, being able to pick off their smaller corvettes with your point defense weapons
I mean, just one broadside from the LoT would absolutely cripple, if not utterly destroy the Citadel.
>>
>>44366916
It's kind of irrelevant though since space is the ultimate high ground
>>
>>44366863
I've done two batches of Stands.
Here's from my previous run:
http://pastebin.com/MGRBDQUu
And current run is here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12QI6MvAcUUxFnNuj0vhK733qmtItcxhhZMYYYRSlLms/mobilebasic
Admittedly mostly I tend to do stuff vaguely related to the Stand names, and would sometimes change the name on ones too directly related to the song. It sometimes helps to think what would be an interesting but unusual power that fits the character's themes well. My old run for instance had the jumper running around with multiple perfect memory perks which ended up inspiring his Stand.
>>
>>44366893
ME and Halo each had strengths and weaknesses, yes. Halo had better FTL and general ship and fleet tech, ME had better personnel gear and abilities. On balance, I think I'd probably take ME AI over Halo as well if only because Halo 5.

>>44366950
Not all. Unless your goal is simple exterminatus, and if you think that's the totality or highest form or war, you're an autist, a child, or an autistic child, ground warfare cannot be ignored.

You can blast a planet into oblivion, but until you have boots on the ground you don't really own it. To say nothing of operations that require to you take objectives largely in tact.
>>
>>44366950
>>44366988
>Not all.
*Not at all.
>>
>>44366823

Since your here I ended up having an idea I thought you might find amusing concerning the Blackened Denarius from Dresden Files.

Step 1. Have a few anti-mind manipulation and anti-corruption perks.
Step 2. Get Re-Birth from Card Fighter Vanguard.
Step 3. Talk to the fallen angel enough to find out what it would consider the most embarrassing/annoying/agravating thing to have its coin be part of that you could still be considered cute.
Step 4. Use that as an accessory and periodically annoy the fallen angel into attempting to attack/corrupt you
Step 5. Get free power do to Re-Birth, and also ruin one of it's major bribes by getting a raw power boost from it for basically free.
>>
>>44366988
Ehhh. I'd amend that to say UNSC rather than Halo. The hardlight weapons the Covenant uses are pretty sweet.
>>
Wouldn't Mass Effect weapons be the ultimate Jedi killer? Like to see them blocking something going at light-speed.
>>
>>44366988
The thing is though, there's not enough of a difference on the personal scale to overcome the dramatic difference in space. In terms of tech, the Citadel has battery personal armor and weapons, but the UNSC has the advantage in tactics and support.
>>
>>44367112
As said, UNSC wins a space based fight with the Citadel. I'm not trying to get into a who beats who contest, I'm just pointing out the merits and drawbacks of each set of technology.

And I don't know that the UNSC has better tactics or support; that's debatable. Though the FTL advantage is a big boon for the UNSC's logistics and support operations.
>>
>>44367112
Oh and Mass Effect doesn't really do AI. Certainly not to the degree that the UNSC.

And for the record, I'd take Cortana over EDI every day of the week and twice on Sunday
>>
>>44367105
I think the in universe method of using a light sabre to block things is that you let the force guide you to where the attack will be. This means that they probably could block a few attacks so long as they aren't from too different angles or too many to move their arms to block them.
>>
>>44367220
Even as Cortana betrays you and your entire species, dooming humanity with an oppressive and abusive AI hegemony?
>>
>>44367112
Did you not read >>44366988? Your reply seems like you didn't.
>>
>>44366888
>>44366902
>>44366967
Thanks
>>
>>44367264
And this is why if you accept H5 as canon you don't fuck around with Halo AI during your jump.
>>
>>44367264
>He doesn't have a team of AI entirely dedicated to rooting out malevolent and tyrannical AI, like some kind of Artificial Intelligence NKVD
How do jumpers like you even function
>>
>>44367264
Wasn't there a theory going around that it's not Cortana in Halo 5 but a Forerunner A.I disguising itself as her?
>>
>>44367300
If they're all Halo AI, they'll just secretly team up to fuck you over.

>>44367305
Fanwank is not valid.
>>
Some Clone wars questions
a)How hard is to build a light saber ?
b)Would Jedi politely sell me one if i just ask?
c)Generally speaking, if i'm not force sensitive can i ask the Council to train me or use the Holocrons to teach myself ?
d)The exploding ship syndrome drawback says it only works on ships bigger than freighters, so i can still travel on personal vehicles like fighters right?
e)Can i assume that an armor made of gundanium (Gundam wing) would negate all laser weapons and be highly resistant to lightsabers?
>>
>>44367310
>If they're all Halo AI, they'll just secretly team up to fuck you over.
Eh, I prefer to program my own.
>>
>>44367335
Then why pick up Halo AI or advocate for them anon?
>>
>>44367327
>a)How hard is to build a light saber ?
Very. It's a right of passage.
>b)Would Jedi politely sell me one if i just ask?
No.
>c)Generally speaking, if i'm not force sensitive can i ask the Council to train me or use the Holocrons to teach myself ?
If you're not force sensitive you can't use the powers, at all. Holocrons won't help. Only much rarer and much more powerful artifacts or locations like the Valley of the Jedi will grant you force powers if you weren't born with them.
>d)The exploding ship syndrome drawback says it only works on ships bigger than freighters, so i can still travel on personal vehicles like fighters right?
Seems like it.
>e)Can i assume that an armor made of gundanium (Gundam wing) would negate all laser weapons and be highly resistant to lightsabers?
Is that what it does in Gundam? Up to the scale of what's seen in the Gundam series I imagine, because even Gundams can be blasted to bits with enough power. In regards to lightsabers, they're plasma, not lasers, so it's gonna depend on if it resists that too.
>>
>>44367327
>a)How hard is to build a light saber ?
Hardest part is the materials. You can only use force attuned SW crystals. As long as you have those, it isn't that hard.

>b)Would Jedi politely sell me one if i just ask?
No, with a side of fuck-no.

>c)Generally speaking, if i'm not force sensitive can i ask the Council to train me or use the Holocrons to teach myself ?
If you aren't Force Sensitive, you can't learn to use the Force. If you are FS, holocrons can teach you how to do shit. That's why Jedi spaz over Sith holocrons.

>d)The exploding ship syndrome drawback says it only works on ships bigger than freighters, so i can still travel on personal vehicles like fighters right?
Some fighters are FTL capable, if that's what you're asking. As to how that would effect the spirit of the drawback, I dunno.

>e)Can i assume that an armor made of gundanium (Gundam wing) would negate all laser weapons and be highly resistant to lightsabers?
Lasers =/= plasma. I wouldn't bet anything I value on that assumption.

>Caveat: I am not the jump creator for SW:CW. The opinions expressed above are just that: opinions.
>>
>>44367327

A) Impossible without a focusing crystal
B) No
C) No
D) Maybe
E) Yes
>>
>>44367352
Well, I imagine my AI Stasi could keep them in line. Besides, it's always good to pick up local AI to learn new techniques & tricks.
>>
>>44367381
>you can't learn to use the Force.
You can, but like I told him, it's only possible with very rare artifacts or special locations.
>>
>>44367391
Fair point. Thanks for amending that for me.
>>
>>44367386
>>44367381
>>44367380
Last question: i will still be able to be a force conduit after i complete the KOTOR Jump even if i do not have force powers in clone wars?
>>
>>44367461
The intention was probably not.
>>
>>44367327
>A
It's not too terribly difficult if you have all the parts and know what you're doing. Multiple people have been able to build their own lightsaber without help from the Jedi order.

>B
No, but you might be able to buy one from the blackmarket.

>C
No.

>D
You'll still have trouble using fighters and other personal ships but it won't be life-threatening like in larger vessels.

>E
As the other anons said, lightsabers are plasma on laser so it would depend on just how strong Gundanium is. However keep in mind that lightsabers can cut through ships and tanks.
>>
>>44355163
YES YES YES
>>
>>44367461
Yes but I may change it a bit once I release the Original Trilogy jump.
>>
>>44367528
>Original Trilogy jump.
Hyyyyyyyyyyyyype.
>>
>>44367461
>>44367469

I remember asking this before, and unless KOTOR Anon changed things since then you just need to take both jumps.
>>
>>44367528
We get an option on whether Disney or EU right? I want my Thrawn.
>>
>>44367528

Will their be an option to import all my companions for a low fee
>>
>>44367552
Yes of course.
>>
>>44367327
>Wing Gundanium
>Lasers

No. Gundanium does not seem to impart any particular degree of anti-laser protection, and several times lasers specifically are employed to deal a great deal of damage to gundanium armored targets.

What Gundanium is good against is (Particle) Beam Weapons, and Traditional ballistics and high explosives.

Lasers are used on multiple occasions to bypass defensor fields and damage virgo and virgo II mobile dolls (which ARE built with gundanium) and Wufei treated the space laser that was deployed against him early on (his first fight with Noin) as a credible threat.
>>
>>44367585
Particle beams seem to be incredibly rare in the chain.
>>
>>44367585
I guess you are right
>The Gundanium alloy used in the Gundams' armor and the Planet Defensors of the Mercurius and Virgos is highly heat-resistant and virtually immune to corrosion, but it's still not immune to beam attacks. It does, however, create an "anti-field" that repels beam attacks to some degree, reducing the damage delivered, but not stopping it outright.
>>
>>44367493
>plasma on laser
plasma *not laser.
>>
Wait what happened to Cortana and AIs in Halo 5? I only beat 2 and can't remember if I finished 3
>>
>>44366831
On the one hand, it is a terrible crying shame that the Adaptanator from Princess Bride does not work on games. On the other, if it did I might never emerge from the Warehouse again except to raid book and video stores - oh, wait, I can order stuff online.
>>
File: Immagine.jpg (58KB, 597x215px) Image search: [Google]
Immagine.jpg
58KB, 597x215px
>>44367493
So i was browsing the a star wars wikia about the crystals and i found pic related; does it mean lightsabers "cut less" if they are not wielded by a Jedi?
>>
>>44367766
Jaden Kor is an idiot giving an opinion.
>>
>>44367748
Wait, since when? I thought you could adapt any media to any other media.
>>
>>44367766
>does it mean lightsabers "cut less" if they are not wielded by a Jedi?
No. A lightsaber wouldn't be any less powerful if wielded by a non-force sensitive, but certain crystals have been know to increase a saber's power if used by a strong Force sensitive. However that was just game mechanic and this quote has most likely been retconned or contradicted by a hundred other sources so take it with a grain of salt.

>>44367567
Yes there will be a companion import option but I have no idea about it's price at the moment.
>>
>>44367741
Teminator plots are back in fashion baby
>>
>>44367864
Well, maybe the maker has said differently in post, but as written the jump states "a recorded piece of media - a novel, a VHS movie, a DVD box set of a TV series, etc". And a computer game (e.g. Mass Effect) is far more than just a bunch of pre-rendered cut-scenes.
>>
File: Zorbak.png (23KB, 231x278px) Image search: [Google]
Zorbak.png
23KB, 231x278px
>>44363195
>ebil
>>
>>44367943
Hmm. But as Mass Effect _does_ include a "bunch of pre-rendered cut-scenes", you could drop in the game and get back Mass Effect: The IMAX Movie. It just wouldn't work in reverse.
>>
>>44367880
while i am at it, then i'll stop bothering you i promise: Can i escape without help or just plainly avoid to be captured if i take the golden bikini drawbacks.
I don't think that at this point in my chain there is someone capable of capturing me let alone keeping me in chains in the known Star Wars Universe, unless my powers are nerfed at some jump meta-level
>>
>>44367993
>can I get the points for a drawback but ignore all the unpleasant effects and explicit verbage of the drawback?
Really?
>>
>>44367943
I would imagine that that just means that you need a physical copy of the media in question, and vidya is a form of media
>>
File: beeeeeeeeeees.gif (1MB, 540x281px)
beeeeeeeeeees.gif
1MB, 540x281px
>>44367955
>tfw no Adventure Quest jump
>>
>>44367993
There's nothing you can do to avoid capture but you'll still have all your powers, abilities and skills after you wake up to discover you're a slave. While you could escape if you're really that powerful, keep in mind that everything you own has been taken away and even if you manage to steal a ship you'll have to find a way to fly it somewhere safe. Also you won't have access to your companions until they come to rescue you.

Apparently this is another drawback that I need to fix.
>>
>>44367880

>Yes there will be a companion import option but I have no idea about it's price at the moment.

Might I recommend making the price "free"?
>>
File: 1430333454718.png (119KB, 579x523px) Image search: [Google]
1430333454718.png
119KB, 579x523px
Jumpers I want to go fast, what jumps let me go fast?
>>
>>44368184
One Piece. How do you like the idea of turning into a laser and literally going as fast as physically possible?
>>
>>44367993
I asked about this a while back (actually more about how long a jumper would be stuck if for whatever reason they didn't have any allies), and the response was (paraphrased) that the drawback will nerf your perks enough that you will get captured, and this will last until you either get rescued or get assigned to whatever role they plan for you (which'd be at most 6 months).

>>44368098
And I've been ninja'd. Not much to fix, really. Just adding "As a drawback, none of your perks will help you escape. You'll have to do it on your own or wait for your allies or six months, whichever comes first." should do it. It's a +300 drawback, it should sting at least a little.

Personally, I was happy to sit around for a while. My powers couldn't help me escape, sure, but a whole bunch of other slaves didn't have that problem...
>>
>>44368247
Well it's really a measure of how much you can tolerate Hutt sex, isn't it?
>>
>>44368247
>I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me.

>>44368269
Oh, certainly, Jabba. Please do try making out with the Sphere Of Annihilation. It won't try to get away at all...
>>
>>44368098
thx, but i lied, how would the Rip off Darth Vader drawback work if you are a Gen'Dai and thus have no lungs?
>>
>>44367617
Battletech, all of the gundam settings, Railgun and Teen Titans at the very least all have them in one form or another.
>>
>>44368357
Still pretty sparse all told, not even 1/20.
>>
>>44368357
>Battletech
Big stompy robots FTW again
>>
>>44368328
Well, looks like that medical droid wasn't programmed for Gen'Dai. Oops. Enjoy your new pair of unnecessary cybernetic lungs and the severe asthma-like medical condition you gained as a result.
>>
So, any progress on that Undertale jump?
>>
>>44368483
Ha, you know there's not. Just sit back and watch the Muppet's Christmas Carol, enjoy the holiday. Maybe next Christmas people will finally let someone actually make it.
>>
>>44368483
Don't even care anymore. I'm just tired of hearing all the whining and shit posting about it.
>>
>>44368483
>>44368496
>>44368515
Didn't the anon who was making it admit that it was going to take forever, if it ever did get made, and say someone else could try if they wanted?
>>
>>44368496
There was this post back in October, and I can't recall there being anything more since then.
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/43329199/#43345101

So yeah, I think we have reached the point where someone just has to do it. There are going to be complaints, but it seems like the alternative is giving even more strength to the "people are going to sit on jumps to keep them from being made!" extremists.
>>
>>44368590
Hey, I agree. But there's a reason I phrased my post as I did. Pretty much, there are people that seem to be pushing to keep it from being made, more out of spite than out of any concern over rules.
>>
I need yer best lie-detection perks, /jc/.
>>
>>44368630
The one from Narnia works pretty swell most of the time
>>
>>44368630
Ask Speedwagon to teach you how to smell if someone's lying.
>>
>>44368659
>Being able to afford things in Narnia.
>>
>>44368630
Naurto has Singular Reality which does that plus a few more things.
>>
>>44368664
It's only 100 CP though
>>
>>44368590
We could always do a group Jump like with the first version of Borderlands.
>>
>>44368630
DUNE lets you be a Truthsayer
>>
What are some perks that'll help me live a quiet, everyday life?
>>
>>44368630
Codex Alera has water crafting.
>>
>>44368705
Immortal Object, so you don't have to keep your hand collectio- er, girlfriends, in your fridge and so they don't decay- I mean, leave you.
>>
>>44368328
H'mm, good point.

>Changelog
1.Gen'Dai can no longer pick Rip Off Darth Vader.
2.Added a note explaining Golden Bikini.
3.Changed the section titles from red to black just because.
>>
>>44368788
>1.Gen'Dai can no longer pick Rip Off Darth Vader.
Lame. Should've used >>44368410
>>
>>44368184
Marvel and DC both have super speed, as does Sonic the Hedgehog.
Any D&D jump can give you spells like haste or expeditious retreat to further increase it
You can also be a werewolf from Rosario + Vampire, they are pretty fast, especially under the full moon.
I think Naruto has something where you can use your chakra to increase your speed.
I am sure there are a ton of other jumps with speed perks but those are ones I could think off off hand.
>>
>>44368788
oh and for the apprentice companion similar origin= same origin right ?
>>
>>44368195
I remember a discussion at one point of combining that fruit with APM Intensifies from SAO to deal with the whole "turning corners and reacting is hard when moving that fast" problem with the devil fruit
>>
>>44368845
No reason to be a werewolf in Rosario when vampires are all around better.
>>
>>44368861
It might. I'm not interested in such a discussion though, just telling anon about the speed aspect.
>>
>>44368856
Yes.
>>
>>44368866
Actually Vampires have to deal with a ton of built in drawbacks. The reason to be a werewolf is to not have to to deal with all of that.
>>
>>44368921
Their drawbacks aren't very significant, especially not for jumpers.
>>
>>44368905
Fair enough. I should have framed it better and maybe also linked their post, I was just giving advice on how to manage some problems with the devil fruit route
>>
>>44368933
plus they all disappear after the jump ends
>>
>>44368982
I mean, I personally have a combo myself like that. Plus some absolute speed boosting perks to place myself into FTL unaided. It's pretty great.

Then I integrated an FTL drive into my body too. Can't use that in an atmosphere though.
>>
>>44368985
Yep, and vampires are superior to werewolves in every single way, except speed ONLY on the fullmoon. So vampire is always a better option, because a single stat means jackshit, especially when the full moon is only 3/28 of the lunar month.
>>
>>44368933
I see, do you feel that vampires are under priced or Werewolves are over priced?
>>
>>44369091
Neither.
>>
>>44368914
ok truly last question i swear, with "Droids with Lightsabers" can you power creations with force unlimitedly and eventually assemble them with your mind even if you can't use force right? (otherwise the engineer discount is pointless)
>>
>>44369218
Yes, you don't need the Force the sensitive background to purchase the perk, and the more you practice this ability the better it'll become. The character it's based off of was able to construct groups of scrap droids from several miles away and keep them active until they took a significant amount of damage.
>>
>>44368705
Just do Sims 3.
>>
>>44368845
Magicka has a haste spell, unfortunately the rogue robes you can get don't have the speed boost because in game you could stack them and run way too fast.
>>
>>44368705
Horror Movie has The Hills Need Glasses - "if you make even the vaguest attempt to avoid trouble you generally will".

There's also a perk from another jump I saw a while back, which basically makes trouble avoid whatever town or city you settle in. Can't find it again though.
>>
File: 0401.jpg (59KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
0401.jpg
59KB, 704x396px
>>44368788
>1.Gen'Dai can no longer pick Rip Off Darth Vader.
Laaaame. I took the 100CP version and took it to mean that I just had a bunch of dead nerves on one side that didn't regen.
... not that it mattered. I reverted to my Cathar altform shortly in, which retained the lost arm. But I liked having the altform.

Now I need to choose a different one.
... and I am reminded that I don't really like how any of the Star Wars aliens look. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
>>
>>44369579
be a wookie, tear people limb from limb
>>
>>44368590
do we really need an Undertale jump and what will it offer to the chain experience?
>>
File: waving hoppo.gif (426KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
waving hoppo.gif
426KB, 600x450px
Okay, so I went Abyssal in KanColle and took Memories Reborn - so here's my question.

Exactly what are the limits on how "monstrous" my ship-Stand-thing can look? Does it have to follow previous Abyssal design standards? Could it look like the Flying Dutchman? Could it look like a horribly mutated Borodino-class pre-dreadnought battleship?

Or am I better off just having it be a slavering demon thing with lots of teeth and hueg arms?

Is there a hard-and-fast rule on this at all?
>>
>>44369924
You could look as horrible and monstrous as you want as want it
>>
>>44369917
A lesson in that maybe videogames should stay videogames.

Optionally the proper answer most people will probably say is their skeleton/goat/dancing robot

I still don't think the setting works as a jump as the story pretty much relies on it being a videogame but thats just me
>>
File: Merry Christmas.jpg (104KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Merry Christmas.jpg
104KB, 1366x768px
Merry Christmas, /jc/.

Happy Holidays.
>>
>>44355163
>>44355183

Aright, here goes.

>Spiral Knights - 473
Background: Squire
Race: Gremlin Technician
Drawbacks: The Crimson Plot (+200), The Swarm (+200)
Final Point Count: 1,400 CP

Skills & Abilities:
-Acquester (Free)
-Technician
-Leviathan
-Duelist
-Core Competence

Items & Gear:
-Proto Set (Free)
-Proto Shield (Free)
-Pet Slime (Free)
-Spiral Exchange (Free)
-Alchemy Machine
-Love Puppy
-Accessory Machine

Battle Sprites & Squads:
-Battle Sprite - Seraphynx (Free)
-Alpha Squad (300 CP)
>>
>>44370110
Merry Christmas, Fluffy.
>>
File: confused archen.gif (217KB, 500x281px)
confused archen.gif
217KB, 500x281px
>>44370110
Could it be...?

Eh. Merry Christmas anyways.
>>
>>44370062
Determination needs to be a perk, which is the real reason anyone would go there.
>>
>>44370110
Merry Christmas QS! And a Merry Christmas to the rest of /jc/ as well!
>>
>>44368096
I know this feel
>>
>>44370141
which then makes it seem like we're only asking for the perk and not so much the jump. maybe it'd be better to ask if we got Determination a different way or took it away entirely, what could Undertale offer? Does it have a lovely world? Does it have lovely people?
>>
>>44370166
>Does it have a lovely world? Does it have lovely people?
Yes, but not really enough to build a jump around. We don't get to see that much of the Underground, the game map's fairly linear.
>>
>>44370110
Merry Christmas, Becky.
>>
>>44370166
Including something famous from a setting as a perk does not invalidate the jump otherwise.

Honestly you and that other guy are doing the self-hypnosis thing of "I DON'T WANT IT SO OF COURSE THERE'S NOT ENOUGH TO MAKE IT". Bit sad really.
>>
>>44370191
>the game map's fairly linear.
sounds like fucking FF13
>>
>>44370212
>Including something famous from a setting as a perk does not invalidate the jump otherwise.

What? I'm asking what other perks and stuff we can get from this jump. We saw a WIP of it already that had Determination and the free lives mechanic, just want to see what other stuff there is. You probably could jump the existing WIP that hydra had.
>>
>>44369917
Do we really need a Cho Aniki jump? An Alan Wake jump? A Banjo-Kazooie jump? An Iji jump? Magicka jump? Fucking Goat Simulator?
>>
Guys.

Spacebattles has a finished Undertale jump if you really want it that bad.
>>
>>44370214
Don't worry, it's not that bad. It's not a single hallway that you follow for 25 hours. It's more like a guided tour. You can wander around some, but there's still a clear progression from scene to scene that you're going to follow.
>>
>>44370232
we don't, but the poster I was responding to makes it sound like Undertale needs to be done or /jc/ is going to die. That's why I was curious why it's so urgent.
>>
>>44370278
Probably because having several people get cockblocked by someone who probably isn't even here anymore tends to make people a bit cranky.
>>
>>44370251
>Going to SB ever.
>>
>>44370278
Its one of those "big" games and everyone's basically super hyped about whatever.

Seriously there was 4+ people that wanted to do it at once
>>
>>44370278
People like it, people have tried to make it, and as the other person said, they're essentially been cockblocked. It's not a matter of 'need'. Never is. This is nothing more than a bunch of losers on the internet making CYOAs for fun. Nothing is needed.
>>
>>44370166
It's a fun little setting, especially if you go with the standard "video game worlds are bigger than they look in the game" principle to avoid the >>44370191 issue. It also has a fun cast of characters to interact with, and some amazing perk possibilities for pacifist or low-violence Jumpers.

But the cynical part of me thinks a lot of people really want the perfect save slots that explicitly let you ignore death, or the ability to become a god by killing seven people.
>>
>>44370251
>Eating trash because your burger isn't ready.
>>
>>44370309
>really want the perfect save slots that explicitly let you ignore death

Didn't we have a shitstorm over Save State in Pokémon?
Several shitstorms?

Why do people need save slots? You have several different methods of ignoring damage, several sources of extra lives, and last-minute heals and defense boosts to prevent death.
>>
>>44370309
If it's a fun little world where people can do their thing then I'm all for it, though honestly it seems like there's a lot of hype that points towards your more cynical mindset than just the presence of the world.
>>
>>44370325
>Save State

Don't remind me, it's removal was bullshit.
>>
>>44370325
Anon is being a piece of shit and causing shitstorms over nothing nobody asked for. Shocker.
>>
How am I supposed to get a genocidal maniac to realize the futility of his or her goal?

Death is, in fact, the least discriminatory thing of all. All men die - sending one breed or another down first changes nothing.
>>
>>44370349
You can't, because their goal is not futile.
>>
>>44370349

>>44370357 This.
It isn't futile in their minds.
>>
>>44370341
Rapestate pls go
>>
>>44370251
Link before the thread goes? There are far too many post to sort through.
>>
File: BADTIME.png (20KB, 1366x768px)
BADTIME.png
20KB, 1366x768px
>>44370349
by giving them a bad time
>>
>>44370329
Honestly, if you assume it's as big as the somewhat inaccessible areas in the game paint it as, plus standard "routes are actually huge" mechanic we've been using since Pokemon, I think there's a lot of possibilities for exploration available. There's also hanging out with and befriending the boss monsters, helping to free the monster species and integrate it into the human world, learning how to cook food made of pure energy... I think I could happily spend ten years there.

But I do agree with you that I don't think most people want to go there because they want to trade puns with Sans or go see what's in those inaccessible areas in Waterfall.
>>
>>44370437
I hate people like you that paint people they don't know as negatively as possible.
>>
>>44370357
>>44370368
So a crab in a barrel, pushing the others down in an attempt to escape, unable to realize that the very moment it releases its pressure to take that final step out, the ones left beneath it will pull it back down, trying to do the same?

From invertebrate to sapient - nothing really changes with mortals, does it?
>>
>>44370110
Jumpchan bless us

Everyone
>>
>>44370302
it's fine for things that AREN'T JUMPCHAIN RELATED
>>
>>44370110
Mass Effect and DBZ jumps a shit.
>>
>>44370489
Come on man, really? It's Christmas.
>>
>>44370477
When love is found.
>>
>>44370471
I wonder is that Charon or Death on that boat.
>>
>>44370489
I dunno, I am really liking this Kodiak Shuttle. It's pretty great.
>>
>>44370508
Same guy, different customer base.
>>
>>44370489
Get over yourself, cunt.
>>
File: 1450919014947.jpg (81KB, 579x616px)
1450919014947.jpg
81KB, 579x616px
>>44370496
"Yes."
>>44370532
"No."
>>
Santa gonna give you coal if you don't ignore troll.
>>
>>44370477
I wanna hang out with the Ghost of Christmas Present. He knows how to party.
>>
>>44370580
Anon can't you get the ghosts of present, past and future in the santa jump?
>>
File: Wakfu group.jpg (111KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Wakfu group.jpg
111KB, 800x450px
So what exactly am I supposed to get these guys for Christmas?

It's not like I can just give Ruel a gift card, they don't have the tech for those.
>>
>>44370592
It's quite possible. It's been a literal year since I did my build for that jump.

God this year went by fast. Constant computer failures, illness, and family drama will do that.

>>44370597
Modern bank safe, some condoms, ditto, this kid is a literal god king he doesn't need shit, and a personality, respectively.
>>
>>44365329
>Lava is genetics only, pretty much the only thing in Avatar like that (no idea why they did this).
Don't all of the bending styles have a genetic and a spiritual component that both have to be met?
>>
>>44370614
But what would he use a ditto pokemon for?
>>
>>44370638
Yeah, but if you're a water bender, all kinds are possible to learn. Same with everything else for all other kinds. Except lava for some reason.

>>44370642
Anon please.
>>
>>44370642
sometimes Dally can't be with her and becomes lonely...
>>
>>44370666
Kanons, that anon was making a joke about the suggestion for Dally.
>>
>>44370689
whoops lay off that eggnog I just read that right after five times
>>
>>44370689
please into sarcasm, anon
>>
>>44370712
Hey Kanons, did you ever read the MGS story I wrote? If so what did you think of it?
>>
>>44370731
iz good, I like that you went into the FOB scenario, which most people seem to include but gloss over
>>
>>44370759
Thanks, that's actually the whole reason I wrote the thing. I figured It was the best way to explain how I succeeded.
>>
>>44370597
>just finished watching Zone's wakfu flash
>come back to see this
There's no way to take one/all of them as companions is there?
>>
>>44370803
pods or blue feather.
>>
>>44370110
Merry Christmas
>>
File: fireworksinwarehouse.jpg (200KB, 980x720px) Image search: [Google]
fireworksinwarehouse.jpg
200KB, 980x720px
>>44370110
Merry Christmas, QS!
>>
Seeing as how it's Christmas, Jumpers, what was the 'Something Special' that Santa got you at the end of your time as Santa?
>>
>>44370895
That looks a little dangerous, anon. Hope you don't have anything flammable in there.
Thread posts: 436
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.