[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So in systems with INT and WIS stats and skills that feed off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1355971617007.jpg (35KB, 794x540px) Image search: [Google]
1355971617007.jpg
35KB, 794x540px
So in systems with INT and WIS stats and skills that feed off of them, what do you guys usually roll when your character is trying to dredge up a memory?
>>
In D&D, remembering shit is Int.
>>
Knowledge, or KNO
>>
Depends whether you are communing with the hypercosmic gods or directly trying to tap into the memory of the world-soul tbqh family.
>>
>>44335738
>This asshole
>>
>>44335738
>still using a system that only has one stat for memories with no differentiation between how you dredge them up
Wow, look at this fucking pleb. I hope you enjoy playing your trash game for babies.

OP I would use any one of the following as appropriate:

Memory, or MEM
Remembrance, or REM
Recall, or REL
Recollect, or RET
Reminisce, or REE
Retrieve, or REV
Bethink, or BET
Educe, or EDU
Harkback, or HAR
>>
>>44335708

Wis is such a bullshit stat, you should have intelligence, wisdom and perception in a single one called "wits".
>>
I mean what do you need it for? If it's not that important I'd just have it be remembered automatically.

If it is very important I'd probably roll against both stats. The degree of success or failure on Int depends how accurately you remember things, the degree of success or failure on Wis determines how accurately you remember your own feelings and those of everyone else involved.
>>
>>44335896
I'll have you know that I have compound stats so as to avoid clutter, merging the various stats involved in a task into but one.
>>
>>44336423
>still using a system that has compounded stats rather
Wow I hope you like ink because the bulging rules-dick of the terrible system you love sure is spurting crappy mechanics all over your face right now.

I play a system with exactly one stat, representing the character's entire influence over the universe. The stat is called ONE.
>>
>>44335732
It's actually wisdom, its mentioned several times
I'd find the page references but I'm out at the moment
>>
>>44336692
How does that make any sense, with what they set it up as? Int is raw knowledge/processing power to do math and shit, while Wisdom is about intuition, perception, and interpreting clues/signals.
>>
>>44337584
Nigs, it is dnd.

You avoid sleep loss when you realize they are not meant to connect to real world abilities and just meant to be stats.

You will drive yourself mad trying to connect everything used to make a mechanic work to something in real life.
>>
File: intelligence.png (81KB, 387x275px) Image search: [Google]
intelligence.png
81KB, 387x275px
>>44336692
It's Intelligence and has always been Intelligence.
>>
>>44337584
You're perceiving memories.
>>
>>44337643
OP here. This guy has supplied official material, so this the answer I am accepting.
>>
>>44335708
>So in systems with INT and WIS stats and skills that feed off of them, what do you guys usually roll when your character is trying to dredge up a memory?

If it's a specific knowledge branch, that knowledge skill. If it's something I told them as a DM and they forgot, then their character has also forgotten, no roll.
>>
>>44338067
So if I can't lift a fridge in real life, I can't play a barbarian In your game?
>>
I consider Intelligence to govern active thought and Wisdom to govern passive thought. Thus, if a character is actively trying to recall something, the player rolls Intelligence. If a character might happen to remember something, the player rolls Wisdom.

Both of those only apply in the event the player has forgotten the information themself. If they still remember, it's up to their discretion to properly roleplay their character.
>>
>>44335738
Game? Someone else knows about Dream Pod 6???
>>
>>44335708
Things they actively focused on learning are INT.
Things that sorta came around are WIS.

Remembering that the Duke of Not!Slavistan has executed 15 of his wives? Int check - or better yet, Knowledge(History/Nobility/etc.).
Remembering he's especially touchy about people mentioning his 'loving' skills as a result? You better roll for WIS.

Alternatively: Memories use the stat you rolled to learn it: INT for books, WIS for perception checks.
>>
>>44335708

5e
Isn't there a feat in the PH specifically for this?
>>
If they're trying to remember something as accurately as possible, I make them roll INT.

If they're trying to remember the gist of something, or how it connects to what they're doing now, I'll let them roll WIS.

If they're trying to recall facts about certain things, Knowledge Skill check.
>>
>>44339558
>Memories use the stat you rolled to learn it: INT for books, WIS for perception checks.
I like this, especially since people often remember different things via different media. Some people remember stuff from just it being mentioned, or only remember the words. Some people remember things for tactile reasons, like a familiar smell or texture. Others instead forget things until a sudden surge of a familiar emotion forces them to have the memories crashing down on them. I guess it depends on which stimuli is most prevelant, intuitive, and prevelant to the person who is developing the formative memory at the time.
>>
>>44338127
More like you should have written it down because it could be important
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.