[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern Jund is fucking awful. >Be at Modern FNM in college

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: dark_confidant.jpg (49KB, 251x356px) Image search: [Google]
dark_confidant.jpg
49KB, 251x356px
Modern Jund is fucking awful.

>Be at Modern FNM in college town, so bunch of poorfags.
>Playing janky $100 monowhite hatebears
>Opening round, see Jund for first time in several months, due to college poorfags.
>It durdles and kills some of my creatures with bolts and terminates
>Gets out 4/5 goyf.
>I Journey to Nowhere it.
>He drops Lilli.
>O Ring
>He drops Bob with 9 life left.
>First Bob reveal is Maelstrom Pulse. His next turn he reveals Banana boy.

Game 2 was surprisingly similar.

How is this tier 1?? Wtf can this beat? It's a goofstuff deck, I understand, but it's a random fucking pile of cards with little synergy.
>>
File: professor.png (27KB, 89x162px) Image search: [Google]
professor.png
27KB, 89x162px
>>44259677
>it's a goodstuff deck
>a pile of cards with little synergy

that's the definition of a goodstuff deck friendo
>>
>>44259714
That's what I said m8.
>>
>>44259677
>my opponent had terrible draws and I drew all the answers I needed
>why the fuck do people call this deck good?!

So, you doing an arts degree?
>>
File: nui rolleye.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nui rolleye.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
>>44259732
so if you know the answer to your own question, why did you ask it? or are you just having yourself a nice internet backpatting session because you won two whole games against jund?
>>
>>44259768
/thread

We all know the reason OP made this thread was to brag about how his "casual budget deck" beat a T1 deck
>>
>>44259677
>look at me guys I beat a good deck with a bad deck, that must mean the good deck actually sucks!
Just stop.
>>
>>44259768
>Being this salty because you can't play magic.
>>
>>44259677
So youre upset that your budget shitbrew lost to a tier 1 $1000 deck
Modern hatebears is supposed to be GW

I beat jund regularly with Mono-G Stompy, and that costs about $100
Maybe you should play that instead
>>
>>44259807
Wat
>>
File: 1442094111451.jpg (62KB, 685x474px) Image search: [Google]
1442094111451.jpg
62KB, 685x474px
>>44259677
>No more DRS or BBE.

Jund in nothing like it used to be and, while I love the deck to death, i never should be that way again.

PS your shitty deck is shit and so are you.
>>
My ~$800 Scapeshift deck loses to Bogles which is like ten bucks and some gum or something.
>>
File: 1436323421355.jpg (4KB, 202x184px) Image search: [Google]
1436323421355.jpg
4KB, 202x184px
>>44259677
>show up with twin
>lose to rhinos
>lose to fatestitcher loam combo
>lose to monogreen stompy

sometimes you just lose despite having a better matchup on paper. the variance is a large part of what makes this game interesting to play. sometimes the other guy has three abrupt decays and a path. sometimes you get REKT by turn 3 silence into ascendancy loam combo.
sometimes the other guy jams 4/5s with rancor while you durdle with a pestermite and lightning bolt into a thousand lands over multiple serums and remands. it happens.
>>
>>44259807
>modern hatebears is supposed to be GW
OP is a scrub, but even in Modern Death and Taxes >> Hatebears. If you want to splash a color splash black and play Tidehollow Sculler and Lingering Souls.
>>
>>44259677
Here's your reply.

I play Jund in modern, and it sounds like a couple things happened if what you're saying is true that lead to the result.

1. He didn't have a Raging Ravine to pressure you with on an empty board and blank your sorcery speed removal.
2. He failed to draw more of his disruptive elements like Inquisition of Kozilek/Thoughtseize/Kolaghan's Commands.
3. Tasigur is outdated. I love the card, but he doesn't belong in a Confidant deck. I've subbed him out for Pia and Kiran Nalaar and haven't looked back since.
>>
>>44262574

Jund player here.

Many recommended adding pia and kia nalar on the deck. What are your experiences with it? I wanted to teste them befoore but couldnt because time
>>
>>44261153
I honestly dont think that modern DnT or hatebears is very good at all. You don't have disruption, your creatures are underpowered, for the format, your mana denial is anemic at best, and your clock isn't very good either. I play the deck in legacy, and tried the modern version for a couple of months. And GQ+ arbiter is cute and all, but neither of those cards are really very good on their own.
Am I missing some critical interaction? It just seems like without mom you get rolled by any fair decks, and thalia is almost never relevant.
>>
>>44262831
I quess it depends on the meta. Where I play fair decks are in the minority and my 4x Thalia and 4x Vryn Wingmare are the heart of the deck, but since I have skipped the midrangey Blade Splicers and Restoration Angels, the Merfolk and MonoG Stompy matchups among others are quite bad. Jund is now decent since our disruption slows their disruption enough that the deck has a chance, but if they get Liliana or heavy discard up, it can be very unpleasant too.

I believe the GW version does better since it consistently gets 4/4 creatures into play and can aggro out an opponent faster, even if it has less disruption than the MonoW version.

I just stick to MonoW because Noble Hierarcs cost like 29481312312€ and most of the cards are shared between my legacy deck and the modern deck.

Even in Legacy I play CQ instead of Rishadan Port and Arbiter instead of Serra Avenger, mostly out of budget reasons, but in legacy the search disruption is even more relevant than in Modern and Ghost Quarters are often Strip Mines even without the synergy with Arbiter, so the budget version hasn't been as much worse as the real deck as I thought it would.
>>
what the hell do i do if i cant afford a play set of zendikar fetches?

i'm trying to pick up a modern deck, but only have ktk fetches and some rtr shocks. wtf do i do
>>
>>44263451
Play what you got. It won't matter a good 90% of the time. The other 10% hopefully A) happens at flgs where you just lost a whopping 5$ entry fee or B) you get lucky and it never comes up. Locally I play twin with flooded strands instead of tarns and yeah, once in 8 or 10 games I really wish I could get that basic mountain, but meh.
>>
>>44259752
Umderrated post
>>
>>44263596
Looks like a business major to me.
>>
>>44263009
That's fair, everyone at my store plays fair decks or twin, neither of which is particularly good for us.The other thing is that making a serum visions 2 isn't as ball crushing as brainstorm, when you dont have a batterskull, sword or other fast clock. I feel like DnT would be tier one if we got a single legacy tier card.
I still miss my pod deck. I just wanted to play midrange without needed goyfs.
At this point I think i'm gonna make merfolk to get back into modern, vials and the 1-2 cavern are something like 50% of the deck. It feels so bad when your opponent drops a 4/5 goyf, and you cant do anything unless you have a path.
>>
>>44260560
>Bogles which is like ten bucks
Sorry buddy, Bogles can now join the big boys league.
Just add 4x expedition Horizon Canopy :^)
>>
>>44262574
Like hell Tasigur is out dated. He's an amazing one-of. Parents are a sideboard card, or would replace Huntmaster.
>>
>>44259677

>How is this tier 1?? Wtf can this beat? It's a goofstuff deck, I understand, but it's a random fucking pile of cards with little synergy.

It's Tier 1 because most of its matchups are 50/50 and doesn't really have any that are too bad barring RG Tron which was designed specifically to hate on Jund.
>>
>>44263697
>I feel like DnT would be tier one if we got a single legacy tier card
It does my nut a little that I have the ENTIRE deck ready for Modern and for Legacy, and just never run it because it's not very good in Modern and nobody where I live plays Legacy.

Just give me something to break, Wizards.
>>
File: 221.jpg (35KB, 179x300px) Image search: [Google]
221.jpg
35KB, 179x300px
>>44259677
>I had godlike draws
>My opponent drew shit
>Why does his deck suck?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.