[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have your characters ever had nicknames or epithets? If so what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 11

File: 1411493048277.png (88KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1411493048277.png
88KB, 184x184px
Have your characters ever had nicknames or epithets? If so what were they, and perhaps how they got them?

I need a nickname for a pit fighter with six arms, and want something good. A little inspiration could be nice.
>>
The Sexy Sextuple Fister.
>>
The Spinning Death
>>
>>44259017

'Circlejerk.'

Alternatively, 'The Brazen Fist'.
>>
>>44259017
The Marlith
>>
>>44259017
How about "the Asura", after the six-armed warring divinities of Hindu and Buddhist myth? Though that might not work for your setting, being somewhat culture-specific
>>
>>44259017
Handy.
>>
File: 1433812244967.gif (497KB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
1433812244967.gif
497KB, 245x200px
>>44259059
>'Circlejerk.'

Doesn't help that it's a female character.
>>
>>44259017
The scorpion
>>
Good Ole Sally Sixarms
>>
I had a monk who, after breaking the BBEG's spine, was referred to as the Shatterer by the rogue nonstop

It stuck
>>
>>44259017
Colt Revolver.
>>
Gororo
>>
My last one garnered several, some edgy some not.

>The Butcher of Belwar
>Helvan Hearteater
>Helvan the Tower
>Helvan Barrel Drinker

I really enjoyed playing my Rage Prophet.
>>
I once had a dragonborn who earned the name Giantslayer.

He earned it because right after he killed a giant, he raised his arms and yelled "I did it!" only to be knocked out immediately by an orc giving an axe to his chest.
It was one of those nicknames that you can't live down.
>>
>>44259017
Rakhasa. Or Cuntipede.
>>
> "Alys the Dismemberer"
or
>"The Six Strokes Warrior"
>>
>>44259017
My warrior giantess was named Ladybug by one of the members of the group because she was tired of being confused for a man.
>>
>>44259017
go with something hindu, they have alot of names for six armed people
>>
The spider
>>
File: kali.jpg (441KB, 2240x1579px) Image search: [Google]
kali.jpg
441KB, 2240x1579px
>>44259017
KALI MAAAAAA

SHAKTI DE
>>
>>44259017
Gil
or Greg
>>
"The Sex"
>>
>>44259017
>>44259090
>>44259202
>>44259999
Sheeva
>>
File: Kila BASE.png (304KB, 806x866px) Image search: [Google]
Kila BASE.png
304KB, 806x866px
>>
Formal name: Manuel Constantino Rejinaldo Corono-Modelo de Tekate XX, Generalissimo-Rey de Tekate y Caliza (if he doesn't like you, he makes you say the whole thing. He also makes Imperial Nobles say the whole thing every time they address him because he despises the nobility).

"Normal" name: Generalissimo de Tekate y Caliza, Manuel de Tekate, de Tekate, or "Manny" (Only person who can EVER call him that is his Abuela, who is his unaging grandmother who acts as his aide).

Nickname: El Contador:
>Hired by Mechanicus to ship out a new order of Plasma Guns and five Leman Russ Executioners to a major engagement against Traitor Guard/Marines a few systems over
>20 crates of 100 Plasma Guns, 5 Ex's
>Drop out of space above planet on Imperial half, make contact
>Say we have the 10 crates of 100 plasmas and the five tanks
>Claim they ordered 20 of them
>Promise Governor and Lord Commander that we'll return to the Forge World and pick up the other half of their order, as long as they give us an official letter and bill of sale to bring back to Mechanicus to prove it
>Get signed and notified letter from Governor requesting 10 more crates of Plasma Guns
>Return to Forge World, begin argument saying they shorted us five crates, and the War Zone has requested an additional ten on top of that
>Claims they're gonna need about a month to get that together
>"We can wait, it's only servants of the Imperium dying because of your lack of quality control." (Direct quote from Astropath)
>Get the 15 crates of Plasma Guns
>Return to planet
>Inform commander that the best the FW could do was 5 crates, but we're willing to stand by and provide some air support and communications relay for ground forces in the operation.
>Lord Commander is grateful, didn't even think we'd be back at all
>Help wrap their campaign up
>Return to Port Wander, sell 5 crates and make serious connections
>Gift a crate to a friendly Inquisitor
>Give five crates to Tekate PDF
>Keep five for personal use

Glorious
>>
>>44259017
Silver-throat
Duergar who got his throat ripped out by a wolf in a gladiator fight; his team managed to stabilize him and his neck healed back with a massive scar, which came out a pale grey since duergar have very dark skin.
>>
The Sinister Mr. Fister.
>>
The Iron Forehead
>>
>>44259017
I had a rogue called tommy two hands the hammer
>>
>>44259017

Not my character, but my friend's.

His character was covered in orc blood by the end of the encounter, so he was nicknamed the Scarlet Ranger through the rest of the campaign.

Contributions:
Limbless
The Slicer of Flesh
Tarantula
Slapchop
>>
File: images (16).jpg (10KB, 182x277px) Image search: [Google]
images (16).jpg
10KB, 182x277px
>>44260431
Forgot to add pic
>>
>>44259017
The Sextuple Smackeroo
>>
>>44260128
A man of distinguished taste i see
>>
>>44260427
Sex Appeal
>>
Who here names their weapons/abilities?

I have a soft spot for names. I have a character with the following two and don't even care that they're weeaboo.

Infinite Arsenal/New World
>>
File: 1450428072928.jpg (48KB, 404x600px) Image search: [Google]
1450428072928.jpg
48KB, 404x600px
>>44259017
I used to try hard and come up with titles in the background, but they end seeming forced.

Now I only adopt titles if I get them during gameplay. During our last campaign I ended doing all short of shit and got lots of titles like Emissary of the North, King Under the Mountains, The Last Barbarian, Master of The Nine, The Wind Sword, Dragonslayer (That really felt good), The Time Traveler, Flutemaster, The Scourge of Redpick... and much more I got writen in my sheet.

In the campaign I'm currently playing I am a knight of sorts with a shining blade and we ended killing a shadow fiend so they call me Lightbringer.

>tl;dr: Yes but better if you manage to earn them playing and achievinng mad deeds.
>>
Marijuano Blaze, The High Elf
>>
File: 1448440791893.jpg (56KB, 500x328px) Image search: [Google]
1448440791893.jpg
56KB, 500x328px
>>44261434
Inventory: 420 of everything
>>
The Butcher of Vladivostok.

As the keenest and most discerning minds of /tg/ might suspect, I got this by butchering Vladivostok. Teleported a bunch of ships from the harbor into the air and let gravity to do the rest.
>>
Joey "Lightening Jamal" Micheal, scourge of District 6, The Great Clap, Green Tower, and NUMBER ONE CERTIFIED RAPE TECHNICIAN.
>>
>>44259017
The aegis, earned by ripping the boss in half with his shield,
>>
Logan 'Ghoul Fister'
>>
>>44259017
I had Tarc the Tarc. He was named after himself.

For you, I suggest The Six Armed Bandit. Or something nice and simple, like Insect.
>>
>all this edgy shit

I played a Shifter Monk once. His name was 'Runt' because he was tossed out of his village for being one, he was significantly shorter than the average Shifter (and most of the party), and his Dwarven master thought it was hilarious.
>>
Spider names are good here.
>Black Widow
>Tranatula
>Huntsman
>Salmon Pink Birdeater
Lots of great nicknames to choose from.
>>
>Isperia the Magnificent
Her stage-name (she's an illuionist-storyteller by trade). Picked to sound as fancy as possible, because she would very desperately like to convince people that she is Important, and every little bit helps.

>Princess of the Evergreen Empire
The Evergreen Empire consists entirely of one really big tree, populated by intelligent squirrels. She recovered some magical something-or-other for them that they needed to keep the tree alive, and the Emperor said she could ask for anything within his power and he'd grant it. So she asked to be a princess, because it's impressive and it's not like they'd have anything else she was really interested in.

>Duchesse du Quatrième Étage
My French might be wrong here, of course. Anyway, she helped to negotiate a lasting peace between a bunch of servants of a long-dead book-god living in the ruins of His heavenly tower and was ennobled for her deed, but since "Duchess of the Fourth Floor" doesn't sound very impressive, she usually dresses it up in suitably foreign-sounding words. I look forward to the day that someone understands her.

She might be getting a new noble title soon, too. She's apparently a collector.
>>
>>44261573
Not everyone plays pathetic characters in their 40s who have no significant characteristics, save for their flaws.
>>
>>44259017
Well, six arms, two legs. Something spider related?
>>
>>44260682
And this is why the Imperium.
>>
John, the Devourer of Galaxies.
>>
>>44261573
That could be fun. I had a friend who played an Ogre named tiny in a "band of merry men" thieves game I ran once. He always followed orders because he was the runt of the ogre pack he was saved from, and he loved big glasses of milk whenever everyone else was getting drunk.
>>
>>44259088
>not Mr. Handy
>>
https://youtu.be/RH7xHF_B-DU
>>
Our groups monk was aptly nicknamed trip hazard because of his need to trip everything in sight
>>
>>44259017
The Human Centipede
>>
>>44259017
It doesn't really help with your brainstorming, but I once played a man referred to as Gin. He got the name from his alcoholism.
>>
File: codsworth.jpg (102KB, 620x348px) Image search: [Google]
codsworth.jpg
102KB, 620x348px
>>44263401
Sir, I must object to you fighting in such an uncivilized event!
>>
>>44259017
My characters have the following nicknames:

Chicken Whisperer
That Fucking Asshole
Travelling Menace
Moving Disaster
Hammer Brother
Hole-In-The-Chest-Chester
Short Fuck
Blaster Disaster
Meatshield
Long Distance Fuck You

and

Flying Storm of Ten Thousand Kicks(generally to the groin)
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hecatonchires

>Their name derives from the Greek ἑkατόν (hekaton; "hundred") and χείρ (kheir; "hand"), "each of them having a hundred hands and fifty heads" (Bibliotheca). Hesiod's Theogony (624, 639, 714, 734–35) reports that the three Hekatonkheires became the guards of the gates of Tartarus.
>>
File: IMG954137.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG954137.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>44259017
Over a really long session in which our party did what they wanted between adventures I became a mercenary warlord with emphasis on lawful neutral and good product and practices begets resale and returning customers while underhandedness and not paying up led to bad ends the warband became a quazi- nation of loyal soldiers(think arabian MSF big boss with farmers and peasants feeding him for protection) whenever i rode around on jobs i would get mixed reactions
Defender of Jörmungdun
Ormazd the tyrant
Ormazd the mercenary king
Ormazd the Just
Ormazd the Ravener
Ormazd oath/pact-keeper
Ormazd of the goblins

Then I went insane because I stupidly bought a cursed scroll that gave me limited fire type stuff that drove me cray as I used it side effects include arabic script covering my body and losing hair and clothing
Ormazd the mad
Short tempered
Ormazd the bald
Ormazd of the scriptures
Ormazd ironskull
After I got date-raped by the PC dragon born crusader (after she convinced bahamut it was totaly all cool) the party started calling me
Ormazd the lizardlover
Ormazd the violated
>>
>>44260108
"You savages can step on me all you like but get that baby away from me!"
>>
>>44261656
Your french is fine. I'd have added a "la" before though.
>>
>>44259017
(Tyros) the Invincible, because between Pathfinder's mythic being bonkers, getting the Unearthly Grace special rule from nymphs, being a paladin and a homebrewed class relying on Charisma for different kinds of buffs... there was nothing in the campaign that could get past my AC, or get through my saves. Post-campaign i had over 110 AC and like 60 in Reflex, my worst save.
>>
>>44260682
Think of what you could have done if those had been actually good weapons.
>>
>>44263928
>having to be raped by lizard titties

How about Ormazd the Manlover
>>
>>44259017
Myrmex. Ant in greek.

Ants are strong as a motherfucker and have six legs. Even though a spider theme would be more appropiate, as your pit fighter has eight extremities (6 arms + 2 legs), spiders suck ass.

>Have your characters ever had nicknames or epithets?
Yes. But my GMs are pretty bad at giving them, so I only have a couple of them.

My Celestial Chorister was known as the Bibliophage, since he accidentally destroyed the platonic idea of a grimoire and got himself expelled from the Hermetic Order. He actually uploaded the content to the Collective Unconscious, but the hermetics didn't care for the difference.

My diviner got called the Owl Man, because he has strong feelings about giving away his name and also due to his owl headdress, meant to hide the fact that he's a tiefling.
>>
Belfenir the Ugly. Named so because of the wicked scar that made his otherwise handsome face striking with a rather angry resting face. He earned the scar during the events that led to his exile. He being a vain elf took the title and owned it, but would be sure anyone else who called him so would pay for it.
>>
Fire-Hair Tamos, a fierce warlord who demanded his wizard companion cast Continual Light on his scalp.

He has difficulty sleeping, unfortunately.
>>
>>44259017
My players sometimes give each other nicknames based on their accomplishments in the game.
So far we have:
-Balthazar the Deciever, who managed to outwit an ancient red dragon, tricking him into destroying another faction the party had trouble with. Though the dragon eventually found out and is now the toughest threat the party faces.
-Alton the Undying, who is the only character that was a party member from the very beginning. All his compatriots have either died or deserted the party.
-Karketox the Shadowslayer, who one-hit double rage-critted the shadowdemon that I hoped would become a recurring threat. Currently deceased.
-Riffy the Master Chef, who is on a quest to become the best baker/cook in the world.
>>
>>44266145
Oh, and Traword the Terrorist, who killed both himself and the party cleric by fireballing a store during a fight with doppelgangers. Deceased.
>>
Me personally?
>Alphonse Brighteyes
My character was the youngest (only human) and also the most Noblebright, so everyone joked that he hadn't lost the shine in his eyes yet.

When I DM I do my best to give players titles based on particularly awesome feats of roleplaying or planning
>God-hammer
And later
>Hammerfist
Halfling Brawler fighter who took on a bar of drunken Dragonborn (all in good fun). He later lost his arm slaying a dragon (well he was actually sliding down a mountain on the dead dragon's skull but still, got it replaced with a war forged arm.
>Little Dragon or Great Dragon
Kobold Rogue who bedded both of the Dragonborn chieftains daughters
>Gra Thok
Literally "Dick Head" in Orcish, Elf ranger got it for waving his superiority over EVERYONE in the village. He still thought it was a fancy title so he called himself it all the time.
>Bearcat
Razor claw Shifter Monk who single handedly brought down a direbear in the woods, admittedly pretty badass
>>
Rogue Trader.

>Caellach Verdicum, Scion of House Verdicum, Patriarch of House Verdicum, Rogue Trader of the Koronus Expanse, the Imperium and House Verdicum, Grand Liege-Advisor of Footfall, Admiral of the Imperial Navy and Battlegroup Vanity, Lord-Captain of the Golden Pegasus and Loyal servant of the Imperium and to the Emperor, He of the codpiece lesser men would call a helmet.

The GM swore that he'd give me extra experience if I ever managed to state all of them without starting to laugh. He did. But it took time.
>>
>>44259017
Fistah Sistah
>>
"Smash Fucker"
>>
>>44259017
My Dwarf Warrior was knowned as Varak The Worldshaker

I think 90% of all my Strength-based skill check were nat 20s. It was just ridiculous. my friends actually treat my d20 like a fucking artifact at that point.
>>
Smasher
>>
>>44259017
I had a character called The Praetor. He made it up and claimed it was a higher rank than anyone in the city we were defending, referred to himself by it until the NPCs were convinced it was legit.
>>
File: Azar-Arai The First.jpg (586KB, 1080x758px) Image search: [Google]
Azar-Arai The First.jpg
586KB, 1080x758px
Our Paladin was separated from the rest of the party in the midst of an undead coup. Refusing to withdraw to the relative safety of the lower-city ports until he had gathered as many civilians as possible, he ended up cut off and surrounded by the Black Knight, a Vampiric Knight that I suspect had been intended to be taken on by the whole party.

With the help of no more than two plucky city guards who he had enlisted with his high charisma (one of whom was instantly bisected by said Knight) the Paladin lay an almighty and righteous beatdown on the Black Knight.

Since this happened in front of a terrified crowd of several hundred civilians and remnants of the city watch, it was little surprise his deeds spread like wildfire even before the Long Night of Olinsport was over.

>Knightbane
>Nightbane
According to our GM the elven word for it makes it less punny and more respectful and accurate.
>>
>>44259017
Goro
>>
>>44259017
Grippa
>>
>>44259017
i had a kobold with blue scales that survived numerous party wipes despite being a bard. even though we all started out as kobolds eventually i was the only one left as everyone had picked out difference races

he was normal bard, so enamored with himself and becoming a legend, so he nicknamed himself The Cobalt Kobold
>>
>>44268577
>>44259017
Grippa Da Rippa
>>
>>44259017
I ran an OD&D campaign using Geoffrey McKinney's Carcosa setting with a random name generator we found for it in online.

The party ended up with an NPC henchman named "Eternal Ravishment Upon the Throne". Sadly, he was killed by a rocket fired by a barbarian slaver. His gibbed remains were buried in a river.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.