[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you build a really cool dexterity based, dual wielding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: cordoba.jpg (97KB, 610x616px) Image search: [Google]
cordoba.jpg
97KB, 610x616px
How would you build a really cool dexterity based, dual wielding paladin in 5e?

I don't have anything really special, he's a Dragonborn hermit with flame breath

10 STR
15 DEX
12 CON
10 INT
14 WIS
14 CHA

I'm planning on picking up the dual-wielding feat, and I'm probably going to give him the oath of divinity for the attack spells.

I really like the flavor of the character, but I'm really open to criticism.
>>
>>44258563
I suppose I should also state that he is currently wearing medium armor, and dual wielding two melee weapons that let him use his dex bonus versus his strength.
>>
Dex Paladin's are fun, although you'll never deal as much damage with TWF with a Pally then you would with a Fighter or Ranger, there are a lot of fun options for a Paladin that can make them very hard to kill, even with mediocre constitution.
>>
What weapons are you using? I think a paladin wielding short spear and dagger would be pretty cool. Alternatively a dual-mace would be pretty baller too
>>
>>44262047
Scimitar and short sword. I'm playing a Dragonborn, so I like to think of the short sword as a main gauche.
>>
If you're going dex TWF, gotta go with dual rapiers, if strength based, I'd go either longsword or warhammer, I know you preferred dex but those two are the other options.
>>
>>44262074
Yeah, dual rapiers is the goal eventually with TWF.
>>
8 names my Dragonborn Fighter
>>
>>44263861
Scrooge Mcgooge
>>
File: dual shields.jpg (234KB, 891x563px) Image search: [Google]
dual shields.jpg
234KB, 891x563px
>>44258563
>>
>>44258563
Not saying this as in "change it", but as fair warning, this build will be weak.

Dual-wielding is strongest from levels 1-4, and is best if you get the feat at first level from human.

Dragonborn is also one of the worse options for the build, since you will have no 16s at level one, and not even at level 4 if you grab the feat then.

You may want to switch around the points a little if you are going to stick with this. Wis is worth less than Con for you, and there is no point in having a 15 in Dex if it isn't getting boosted by racial mods. I think a better array would be:

10 STR
14 DEX
14 CON
10 INT
12 WIS
16 CHA

Depending on your group, how weak you seem may very. You may end up being perfectly valid with a newer group or a group that just wants interesting flavour. But a group that does a little optimisation, and you'll notice you're a little weaker. A group with a LOT of optimisation, it'll hit hard.
>>
>>44266538
Actually, I messed up on the points a little, hang on.
>>
>>44266538
>>44266558
Drop INT to 8. An 8 isn't much worse than a 10 for a stat that isn't important to you.
>>
>>44266538
>Dual-wielding is strongest from levels 1-4
Unless you're human with Polearm master.
>>
>>44258563
>Dual wielding paladin
>Paladin doesn't have dual wielding style
Better go bow paladin and abuse smite ;^)
>>
>>44266796
Well that's irrelevant to the usefulness of dual-wielding.

>>44266816
Doesn't have archery style either, and smite is melee only.
>>
>>44258563
>How would you build a really cool dexterity based, dual wielding paladin in 5e?
>How do I build an unorthodox character concept that's outside the box of [approved classic D&D concepts] in 5e

You don't. You may as well be asking how to make a Shadowrunner in MAID, or how to make a Vampire in Werewolf. IT's a specialized system that isn't specialized to do what you're trying to do.
>>
>>44267285
Dex based, dual-wielding paladin isn't as farfetched as you seem to think it is. Infact, you're just being a smarmy idiot.

Go human, +1s to Dex and Cha, take the dual-wielder feat. Not actually that hard. Ofcourse, it isn't the most effective thing, but it works. There have always been better options than dual-wielding, but you are still allowed to do it.
>>
>>44267285

You don't do it with a Dragonborn that's for sure, you could do it better with a Halfling or Half-Elf.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.