[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ever actively try to get your character killed just so you could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled.png (46KB, 300x146px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
46KB, 300x146px
Ever actively try to get your character killed just so you could leave a bad game without looking like a quitter?
>>
>>44245411
That thing in his/her mouth... is that a bait?
>>
>>44245411
If a game is so bad I want to quit, I'll do any of the following EXCEPT try to get my character killed.

>Let the group know they suck and just leave IRL with no concern for the story

>Try to get everyone EXCEPT my character killed in a terrible way.

>Try to stick it out as long as I can just shit on the story and the GM for lulz.
>>
I've been trying to do that for the past three months with my current character.
>>
>>44245411
Yes.

The GM was the "everyone wins" kind, so I never managed it. I just ditched the group after the GM wanted us to go on a hiatus, along with a couple other guys.
>>
>>44245411
No, I did it because I had accidentally built a useless character, exacerbated by a That Guy who powergamed to a ridiculous degree. The GM knew I wanted to start over, and he let me, the absolute madman.
I'm disgusted with myself now for doing it. At least my character's death was a major plot point with lasting repercussions, unlike numerous PCs in that campaign who just went missing due to players ragequitting or never showing up.
>>
Who gives a shit if they think you're a quitter?
>>
>>44245434
Actually, yes, it's a hook.

Her rapist gets what he deserves
>>
No. I've always just up and quit the game, and bluntly stated as such (though I try to be polite about it). Hopefully it gets the message across that there's either something wrong with the game, or something wrong with the other player(s).
>>
>>44245541
What was the plot point?
>>
Yes, but it turned out awesome instead. Wound up destroying the Macguffin, pissing of the GM because w wren't supposed to be able to win without it, saving my Daemonhost mother, and getting the party into the service of a pretty cool Rogue Trader
>>
no, and meta-gaming is bad, regardless if you are quittingor not
>>
>>44245411

If you died, wouldn't the expect you to roll up a new character and keep going? In fact, if you left after dying it looks like you're a whiny bitch that couldn't handle that.

And why would you care what they think anyway? If they're your friends, then they shouldn't give a shit if you quit.
>>
File: 1442827014226.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1442827014226.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
Nope. If I'm not having fun, or I'm getting the inkling that shit is going to flare up between me and another player, I just leave. Forcing yourself through sessions where you wish you were doing something else isn't a worthy use of your time, even if it is to give closure to the character. That's the GMs job.

If you're in a bad game, just bow out before the next session.
>>
>>44245411
>Not having the balls to stand up and say "Fuck this, I'm out"
>>
>>44245411
No, just tell people it's shit and walk away.

Also, source on the manga?
>>
>>44245411
Not really.
I mean, I've done it before, but not just so I wouldn't look like a quitter.
>>
File: 15_020.jpg (1MB, 1232x1850px) Image search: [Google]
15_020.jpg
1MB, 1232x1850px
>>44248286
Ingoku no Shojo-tachi

http://exhentai.org/g/881757/bafd43ceb7/
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.