[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever had another player copy or steal on of your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: mm203_clone.jpg (222KB, 620x455px) Image search: [Google]
mm203_clone.jpg
222KB, 620x455px
Have you ever had another player copy or steal on of your character concepts?
>>
Not really, though I've run into people who independently developed the same concept.
>>
No. On the contrary, I'd really like to see what someone else would do with one of my characters, and if I'd be able to get over the 'but they wouldn't do that' hump.
>>
I ran into a player who did this repeatedly in several different online games. They'd either resort to a boring and cliche archetype, or take one of the other players ideas (or multiple other players ideas, smooshing them together) except make it less interesting in every way. This, in addition to other things which made them a shit player, eventually ended with them getting booted form every game I shared with them, and they're not getting invited to any more.
>>
>>44240509
No, most players in my group have an archetype they stick to. Nobody in my group likes to be like other people. Not that their trying to be super unique snowflakes but they tend to use the group building mentality that each person should contribute something different, or the same thing in a different way. We play Shadowrun and like games often.
>>
>>44240509
Sorta... I have a friend who's sorta new to Pathfinder (and RPGs in general), so he's not too great at making characters. Generally he comes up with a concept for what he wants to do in combat and then asks me to come up with a backstory that makes sense because he's afraid everything he comes up with is really generic/videogamey/anime tropey.

I don't really mind though, he's pretty good at actually PLAYING the characters once I come up with the backstory and shit.
>>
File: 1305095038453.jpg (125KB, 396x351px) Image search: [Google]
1305095038453.jpg
125KB, 396x351px
I once played a character that had every part of what he was cannibalized by the rest of the group. Not any easy thing to do since I was playing a pistol-shrimp man with a cowboy theme, but they found a way. I joined the campaign a few sessions in and was really looking forward to playing and everyone one else really liked the character when I described him, so much so it seems they wanted to play his themselves.
>mfw the DM had me (a stoic gun slinging bounty hunter) introduced to the party as an enemy in a Colosseum.
>mfw due to some homebrew rules I wasn't told about, one of the PCs killed me in one hit.
At this point, EVERY part of him is divided up and stolen
>one guy took his equipment
>one guy copied his fighting style
>one guy cooked and ate his body
>the player who was joining next session changed her character to be one of his custom race
>One guy ever started wearing his hat and calling himself by his fucking NAME!
>>
File: a20151222.jpg (171KB, 600x676px) Image search: [Google]
a20151222.jpg
171KB, 600x676px
>>44240509
Jokes on them. All my PCs are KOF characters with a twist.
>>
>>44240509
Yes.
>character is a mercenary for hire
>whole deal is his little girl is sick from some magical plague
>plague was stopped but unless she gets expensive as fuck meds every month she'll die and her corpse will spread the plague all over
>guy joined up with armies all over amd even switched sides when bigger offers were made
>sent home every copper penny he's ever made making due with scavenged battlefield shit
>backstory helps set me at level 5 fighter cause i joined mid campaign.
>party is a group of clandestine heroes handpicked by the king himself
>claims they need a bodyguard/butler cause reasons
>payout is high enough for me to retire and have money for the rest of my kids life worth of meds and a manse
>broker a deal first thing that they pay me around 10% of the worth of loot gotten between towns to send back home
>never buy things cause i'm perpetually broke but DM has some level of mercy and helps me with my "scavenge to survive" mentality
>love it cause it does make every fight feel like i earned the right to keep living through skill not magic and metal plates
>party just likes the idea of a broodish man with a goal who fights tooth and nail for everything
>well one of them dies so they roll a new character
>its a LN rogue
>claims the same magical plague is fucking his village over and needs some money to pay a local wizard for a cure
>willing to sell body and soul to the party for 35% of all loot found
>party laughs his ass off and says they'll give him 20% at the end because they already pay under the same deal and i joined up before he did
>grudgingly accepts
>entire time he's a broodlord
>claims i hate him at all times and i'm royally screwing him
>keeps trying to get me to give up my pay to him
>explains his extra sitting-in-the-dark-tavern-corner brooding as him having to worry about an entire village and i have no right to be world weary when all i am worrying about is a single kid
Cont.
>>
>>44241427
Looks like the love child of Guile and Leona.
>>
>>44241615
>explain i'm just a jaded vet on another campaign of war
>occasionally shoves me into shit to get me killed but only when the party wouldn't see
>ends up with me "saving" the party from ambushes twice
>eventually another character dies
>rerolls a paladin for hire
>the NotOrient has a new ruler and her clan needs some fuck huge expensive poison to kill him and she needs payments of 15% to send food back home to stop her clan from dying
>gives zero explanations as to why an aryan paladin following a germanic influenced god is from NotAsia
>we work it down to 5%
>stares at a fire 24/7 sighing when not fighing
>if you asked her whats up she just says
"You'd never understand." Or "the weight of the world is a heavy burden."
>type of response
>zero party interaction
>the rogue joins up with her at the fire
>3rd member just up and vanishes one day after note exchanges between dm
>no explanation just rerolls character
>rolls a cleric who's NotVatican needs funding to spread the word of god
>wants 30% of final loot
>only original party member says 5% no more he's already lost his comrades he won't lose his chance to buy knighthood
>cleric joins the rest at the fire
>sighing and moping
>try and force some sort of RP
>-sigh-"i wouldn't expect a heathen to understand me hardships." Best i got was he missed home
>fuck it
>open up to the original member to make shit interesting
>my character slowly goes from brooding and tired to a jovial brother in arms
>even make plans to become knights together or at least make me a squire or something cause that would give me land for that manse i always sarcastically talked about
-2 sessions of sighing later-
>finally get to and kill the BBEG threatening the world
>brother in arms dies in my arms
>passes on all his shit to me before dying
>trudge back to the king
>king refuses to give us the reward because he can't know we didn't just kill his party he sent
>even brought the damned enchanted crown and bbeg's head with it
>>
>>44241782
>plop the BBEG's enchanted crown on my head
>kill everyone broodmeisters included
>campaign ends with me sitting on the throne and calling for a squire who looks like a relative of brother in arms

Dm, bro in arms, and i still game but we cut out the dickass rogue for throwing a fit after campaign and we lost the other 2 over time.
>>
>>44240509
I stole traits from each of my other party members and I hadn't even realized it until way too late.
>>
>>44240509
I talk to an online friend of mine about character ideas I have. Occasionally he plays them since he has an active group and I have too much classwork to dedicate to gaming like that.

I don't mind and I enjoy hearing how well they go.
>>
>>44241966
Same here. Played with a group for a couple of years, graduated college, moved. I kept in touch with the DM and one of the players, and we talked gaming a lot. So it wasn't unusual for one or both or all of us to say, "So hey, I borrowed a concept you were talking about for the gaming table this week."
>>
We were testing out an homebrew, and I went with one particular build.

Another went with another completely opposite build, but decided later on to step on my turf and aim for the same build as I was doing for no reason other than I was doing well in battle.

It was annoying.
>>
Not really but this happened

>we were going to play cyberpunk 2020
>made my character and made one pic of him on heromachine
>other players saw that and decided to do it for their characters
>change my mind and get my fantasy star online character screenshot image to use it and print it
>some internet provider name somehow near the picture of the character
>show it when the session starts
>they get semi-angry and say you cant use this because the picture say the name of the char is (insert internet provider here)
>I say ok, I will change the name of my char to that
>>
File: 1284240262134.jpg (18KB, 260x266px) Image search: [Google]
1284240262134.jpg
18KB, 260x266px
>>44240509
Not me personally, but back in 2000-2005, my group's regular DM was a 30-something while the rest of us were teenagers. One of the short-term members of the group from highschool once stole the DM's character wholesale for use elsewhere. I didn't know this until I casually mentioned that Dylan was using the name "Kael Greystone" for his character elsewhere and Big Dan got this look on his face like he'd tasted something bad.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.