[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever played a deformed or disfigured character? I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Have you ever played a deformed or disfigured character? I don't mean the handsome perfectly fit warrior with the attractive perfectly straight scar across his eye, I mean somebody really physically fucked to where they're repulsive or weird. Did it make for a more interesting roleplaying experience?
>>
Does playing a dwarf count?
>>
>playing CoC
>character gets hit in the abdomen
>roll for damage
>damage is abdomen's hp*2, which means the body part was sliced in half
>still had one or two hp points left so he survived

playing a wheelchair bound character sounded impractical so I retired him
>>
>>44201777
Horrible facial scars from an incident involving pressurized acidic steam. Wore a mask to cover that fact up.
Of the other two PCs he went around with, one actively avoided looking at him whenever he took the mask off, with frequent utterances of "nononono" beforehand.
The other was definitely put off initially, but didn't really show it as much.
>>
File: Marco 1.png (134KB, 529x707px) Image search: [Google]
Marco 1.png
134KB, 529x707px
>>44201777
My 5e hafling was fat as fuck and half bald, So, I guess he at least qualifies as not being "perfectly fit and handsome" Even if he's not deformed.
>>
Not necessarily, but It helps to be disgusting and powerful at the same time.

I bought slaves, ate mosters in front of people and everyone just had to put up with it. Shit was great
>>
One of my current characters has sickly black veins... it's teeeechnically a "racial" feature... but the race is a manmade super-soldier race and horribly discriminated against... I also have plans to play a mute character at some point and still roleplay conversations so that should be interesting if not "hideously deformed"
>>
>>44201777
I played a fighter who used a halberd that was burned horribly. He went around wrapped in bandages like Graham for Honest Hearts.
>>
I once played a psychic character that I rolled bare minimum physical stats for. He was so weak that he physically could not stand and frail enough that falling out of his wheel chair had a very real chance to break bones. I described him as holocaust survivor thin. He was an amazing support character and liked to be psychic artillery but made people recoil when they first saw him.
>>
>>44201777
rolled random traits for a pathfinder tiefling once.
He ended up with oversized arms, too many fingers and an androgynous appearance.
He was tall and stooping but eerily soft spoken and unfortunately touchy, feely.
>>
>>44203358
If your weapon is burned that badly why wouldn't you just go out and get a new one?
>>
>>44203021
I played Danny Devito too
>>
File: 1296620046991.png (15KB, 497x501px) Image search: [Google]
1296620046991.png
15KB, 497x501px
>>44203609
>>
Played a stereotypical princess that over the course of the game became more and more disfigured and horrendously maimed & mutilated, and became impossibly hard to kill. By the end she was a real nasty mess to look at, but was an amazing fighter because she literally soaked obscene amounts and types of damage and took it in stride through sheer force of will and an unnatural toughness.
>>
>>44201777
Not yet, but I see not reason why it wouldn't make a great character.
In my experience, great characters start by having defining flaws. Personally always try to start my character creation around flaws. In a point buy system, I'll always go into the negative qualities before doing anything else (except pick a class).
>>
>>44203634
He suffered from an isolated childhood. Still he wanted very badly to be a noble hero of justice. Being raised on fairy tales and forbidden magical lore lead him to a somewhat warpped ideas of rightousness.

Still he ended up CG Int 16 Wis 7 Cha 12

>A crooked but towering warrior with spiderlike appendages wrapped around an devilishly long sword. Soft lips beneath a deep hood bleat: "He-ey I ju-ust want heeelp~"
>>
>>44201777
I've never played one before, but my father's told me about one that he played back in the 80's in a semi-homebrew game. Based on Warhammer, but they homeruled a lot of things, had things like attack accuracy rolls, charts full of mutations (because Chaos), edited how things like dexterity and strength affect combat, etc.

When my father rolled up the character, he wound up with ~5-6 Charisma. Now that's ugly or an unpleasant personality. The GM had everyone roll to see if their characters had any mutations to start with and if so, how many; anything game breaking would be rerolled. My father's character wound up with a clubbed left foot, a withered right arm (3 Strength), a left arm like a tree trunk (16-17 Strength), hunchbacked, and his face was covered in scars. At the end of character creation, due to penalties and bonuses from his mutations/deformities, he had 3 Charisma, a movespeed of ~15 feet each round (if he was unburdened), couldn't lift a small child with his right arm, and could fell a small tree with his left arm. Since no other profession would take in such a hideous creature, he was adopted by the clerics of the Dwarven god of fire.

According to my dad's stories, he was actually really fun. He was the kind of guy who would hit you with his left arm if you so much as treated him differently. Didn't treat anybody different from anybody else; beggar or lord, thief or paladin. He was as fair to everyone as they never were to him.
>>
Currently playing an arch militant, a Chem dog who had a member of his squad with a flamer go up like a firework 3 feet from him, so hes covered with burns all across his body, with the especially horrific ones where his respirator melted to his face.
they're hidden for the most part, but when he really needs to get a point across without filling the room with automatic fire, he takes off his respirator and lets people see the fucked up shit hidden beneath
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.