[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mtg roleplayer here. I've rolled a depressed character,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: index.jpg (10KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10KB, 251x201px
mtg roleplayer here.
I've rolled a depressed character, one that thinks "I'm a failure, maybe ending myself would be a good idea". What kind of mana would she wield?
>>
>>44169129
Personally I think that it's either white, green or red. Blue much less likely and absolutely not black.
>>
>>44169129
blue because all blue mages should kill themselves.
>>
>>44169129
I think blue/black is the crazy schizophrenic colors. might also be a suicidal person too.
>>
>>44169146
someone got his spells countered
>>
Green is the color of acceptance; if you can't accept yourself than Black (selfishness) and Blue (self-awareness aka depression) are your colors.
>>
>>44169129
My hypotesis:
White can easily be depressed when he feels or actually doesn't meet the expectations of the society/cult/family he lives in. (fantasy ex. brooding hero that go on adventure to prove that they're worth something, irl ex. robots from r9k that go gym or try to mingle to feel socially included)
>>
>>44169129
Blue: It's the color of rationality after all and suicide or depression are less likely than other colors because they do are irrational/emotive things. Blue would be depressed only in particular circumstances like failing to solve an enigma it devoted its life to.
>>
Green: Just like >>44169185 said, green is the color of acceptance...but this acceptance is usually more like "keeping the status quo" and not "big family with everyone inside". Also, it can happen that a member of a pack gets exiled because it tried to break the status quo(aversion to blue) or do something against the pack to benefit itself(aversion to black). And exile from the pack is enough reason for a green individual to be depressed.
>>
>>44169129
White, blue or red.

White can get depressed if it feels like it can't do anything to help others and contribute to society.
Blue can get depressed if it feels like it isn't intelligent enough and it isn't capable of overcoming its obstacles.
Red can get depressed for any reason. It's just another option in its range of emotions and it can throw a wobbly over the tiniest things.

Black doesn't feel like it's a failure or wish to end itself for it because black's built around self-preservation and self-improvement.
Green doesn't care if it's a failure or not, so long as it fulfills its role in the world. Suicide is a disgrace in the eyes of the natural world.
>>
>>44169129
Why is she depressed? I think that this is the most importat factor to decide the color or themana she use.
The colors represent aspects of the personality, and someone depressed may have a lot backstory behind to stay like that. Red for chaos, Blue for intelectual, Withe for law and order, Green for nature and Black to selfish
>>
Red: Wowie, this color can easily get frustrated when things don't go its way. Love refused, failed artwork or more generally failing to follow its passion is enough to make red fall depressed.
>>
What system does even a little good job with mtg?
>>
>>44169254
My rp group uses a table with personality traits to build our characters from and I rolled "Depressed, pensive, mysterious", in short words i got the Dark Hero stereotype.. the rest is up to me to make up.
>>
>>44169273
3.5 d&d system hybridized with a homemade "mana channeling" system that works around level and an extra stat
>>
>>44169251
Makes sense! I think I will make her monowhite to have an easy character to rp.
>>
>>44169161
wrong, red is the crazy schizophrenic color.
>>
>>44169185
Black accepts only itself! But blue can not accept itself if it feels "not good enough"
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.