[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

nyone else a little tilted at how fucking garbage this land is?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: spiresneedle.jpg (36KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
spiresneedle.jpg
36KB, 265x370px
nyone else a little tilted at how fucking garbage this land is?
4 mana to activate a 2/1 double stricker.
What the fuck ever happened to making manlands like stirring wildwood or celestial colonnade?
I'm not asking for another cycle of lands akin to treetop village or mishra's factory but at least make it not better design than this
>>
Red/White is and always will be the worst color combination, what did you fucking expect?
>>
>>44167934
Every manland so far in this block had been terrible, I was expecting something like last zendikar where only one was unplayable
>>
>>44167926

Well look at how shit the U/G one was. They made all of the new cycle of lands one mana too expensive to basically make them unplayable. Basically everything the last two sets has been shit and the only reason it's selling is because of full art lands and dumbasses trying to pull expeditions.
>>
>>44167945
Vents is totally playable in Standard dude.
>>
>>44167926
Considering all the pump and anthem effects those colors have. I think its fairly costed for a double striker
>>
>>44167958
That means your argument is applicable only for 18 months and that this card is good in an incredibly small, overcosted pool of cards
>>
I'm tilting at how garbage the art is.

The play value too I guess.
>>
>>44167926
Boros Keyrune all over again. Makes me worried about UR one.
>>
>>44168186
1/4 lifelink doesn't sound so bad if its only WB to activate.
>>
Lumbering Falls was ok.
Shambling Vent was not as ok but still acceptable.

Needle Spire? Holy fuck, I think I'd rather play Lavaclaw Reaches over it. Actually, I know for a fact I'd rather play Ghitu Encampment over Needle Spire.
>>
>>44167926

Should have actually been a 1/2 or a 2/2 with Double Strike.
>>
>>44170980
I think the body is fine but the activation cost is too high
>>
>>44168043
3UR: Turns into a 2/2 that loots on hit and has no evasion.
>>
>>44170980

Should have been a 4/1 with first strike.
>>
>>44171364
The real problem is that goddamn cost to animate.

It's like somehow they managed to make a worse Ghitu Encampment.
>>
Well, a big part of this is that awaken is a mechanic that is starting to see some play.

You can do something like awaken the extra turn spell, swing with it, and then in the next turn activate this and suddenly you have a huge double striker on top of everything.

I've been thinking that most of the new manlands are crap because anything better would leave too much potential for abuse.
>>
>>44167926
I think it's okay,

Works well with Awaken and since it's a creatureland, it's damn near impossible to kill with spells.
>>
Like these guys ^ said the Awaken mechanic has warped the development of the manlands noticeably. You could play some of these in a Mardu deck and Awaken them with Ruinous Path, then you've got a 6 power double striker. I don't actually think that's that powerful, and actually feels like a good pay off for investing time, mana and cards into, but obviously Wizards are scared that Awaken + manlands could lead to a lot of abuse, especially due to the almost complete lack of land destruction in the format.

It's widely accepted that the ally-coloured manlands were a little bit too good as well (with the notable exception of Reaches) so anything that powerful in a relatively low power set like BFZ would be pretty format warping.
>>
>>44167958
But standard is shit
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.