[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm gonna be doing some DnD over this break, never done

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: criticalrole_streamys.jpg (122KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
criticalrole_streamys.jpg
122KB, 1280x720px
I'm gonna be doing some DnD over this break, never done it before though. Apparently the guys i'll be playing with just got the newest edition stuff and haven't tried the new rules or whatever yet.

What am I in for? Only experience I've had with this before is watching an episode of Critical Role, seemed fun from that at least.
>>
b-bump
>>
>>44157066
What- first off- are you going to be a character? Otherwise what can we even add here apart from saying Critical Role is fucking incredible.
>>
>>44158187
yes, im going to be playing
>>
>>44158259
http://lookrobot.co.uk/2013/06/20/11-ways-to-be-a-better-roleplayer/

I wouldn't ask here- in the same way 90% of fit don't lift, 90% of /tg/ doesn't play traditional games- just angrily types whatever they want as long as its cynical.
>>
>>44157066
generally a group made of humours.
You're going to have the inevitable chaotic stupid player. Now, there are only two extremes for chaotic neutral and chaotic evil, batshit insane but entertaining and knows how to work their character into interesting settings, and absolutely fucking infuriatingly annoying, like the pure liquified afterbirth of every edgelord you've ever met.
If you have more than one chaotic stupid player in your group, the risk vs reward is horribly amplified. If you do have a nightmare player, you need to shut them down quick, work with the dm to keep their idiotic behavior at bay, even if it means disabling them physically in game. Sometimes the best way to disarm them is permanently and literally. Be ready for hell on earth.

Also, don't forget, any ideas that are taken off of tg like hypercube dungeons will most definitely not work.
>>
File: gaia.gif (842KB, 500x438px) Image search: [Google]
gaia.gif
842KB, 500x438px
>>44158465
im most likely going to end up being chaotic good/neutral, that's how i end up playing most vidya rpg's anyways like V:TMB, SW:TOR, etc

how can i not be stupid about it? obviously being snarky and questioning everything the dm does wouldn't be cool, irl i do that too much but i'll tone that down so we can stay immersed and such...
>>
>>44158550
Play a character- not something really OTT or special snowflake but a character, a person you could feasibly meet out in the world. Add an accent and a couple of mannerisms and you've got a character that works.

Be careful the character isn't a mouthpiece for you, I fucking hate it.
>>
>>44158584
i just watched this documentary so i kinda want to be a trapper/ranger kind of character:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1pOjj49d9Y
>>
>>44158609
oh and as to your point, having a character like that so obviously different than me would make it more simple

more room for the character to grow too
>>
>>44158630
Morally be different though, and pay attention to your attributes- if your Intelligence is 6 no you cannot figure out the sphinx's arcane riddle by guessing etc. Like, if you're a ranger/trapper- don't waste your kills etc, don't be against killing animals for food. It seems obvious but you'd be surprised how many players say they want to be chaotic for example but end up following a rigid code by accident.
>>
File: is dis nigga srs.jpg (28KB, 376x490px) Image search: [Google]
is dis nigga srs.jpg
28KB, 376x490px
>>44158711
>against killing animals for food
>ranger/trapper character
mfw you're seriously saying someone might actually do that
>>
>>44158833
Although I've never come across it, you see some horror stories online
>>
File: clementine.jpg (13KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
clementine.jpg
13KB, 620x349px
>>44158999
go on...
>>
>>44159050
My memory is a little fuzzy, but it went exactly like this...

> New player is invited to play the game
> Turbo vegan, wants to play a druid- you can't make this up.
> Gets triggered everytime an animal dies- we're talking losing it when the party kills a vargouille
> Everytime the party camps out or goes to an inn the guy makes a remark about the meat, and tries to bring his politics into the game.

Thank fuck I DM for my 4 best friends since childhood and we're all completely normal in everyway.
>>
>>44159133
lmao
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.