[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently dug up the spess mhreen army that I painted some 6

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: DSCF0019.jpg (100KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0019.jpg
100KB, 1024x768px
I recently dug up the spess mhreen army that I painted some 6 years ago when I was a retarded kid that didn't know how to paint shit. Stuff's predominantly those sexy metal casts, but some plastic stuff. I know you can get paint off with acetone on the metal ones, but how the fuck do I fix the plastic ones without melting them beyond recognition?
>>
>>44135943
what kind of paint did you use?
>>
simple green/detol
>>
>>44135970
AFAIK Citadel's own line of overpriced stuff.
>>
>>44135978
that depends on the paint man
three things i know you can try
vegetable oil- to loosen the paint and peel it off. depends on the paint and you will have to scrub it very very gently with a brillow pad for a couple of minutes before dropping it back into the vegetable oil and repeat a couple of hours later till its all gone.
there is a mildew and mold remover called "mean green" drop them in that and do the scrubbing thing like the vegitable oil. BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS, does not work well with certain kinds of plastic.
denatured alcohol- same method as vegitable oil, be careful with it as well WATCH THEM AND CHECK THEM LIKE EVERY 5 MINUTES to make sure you are not destroying the figure
hydrogen peroxide- be very carful
fingernail polish remover/acetone- its the same thing
I also know two myths I've never tried before
get pepper spray, where googles and protective stuff, dump it in a bowl and drop your figurine into it and leave it for a day
I also heard you can do the same thing with a can of coke a cola
>>
>>44136275
i have this sudden urge to steal a gas grenade from some CBRN faggot on-base and gas my models.
>>
>>44136081
i'm going to assume its the acrylic pain then.
if so you have 3 options
ammonia solution (do not use concentrated, if it is dillute it, find instructions online) probably the best method
denatured alcohol
rubbing alcohol
>>
>>44136323
with pepper spray
they have to soak man, a light mist wont do enough, it might make spots.
>>
>>44136489
bruh put one of those tubes into a 50cmx50cm box and that wont be a light mist

auschwitz III: the reckoning of marneus calgar
>>
> Get a gigantic tub of Purple Power from your nearest Auto-Parts Store
> Buy some Heavy Neoprene Gloves and a Labcoat, this shit will literally eat the flesh off of your fingers
> Put purple power in a Tupperware bin
> Dump models in it.

So long as they're not Aluminium(As in, certain metal recasts), you should be fine. Just beware that the Purple Power produces toxic fumes on contact with paint, so leave your bin outside, and use a respirator near it. It's also safe on both plastic and pewter, with no risk at all of melting your models.
>>
>>44136427
ammonia is the way to go for acrylic on plastic removal
ammonia is often used as an emulsion stabilizer in acrylic pain to keep it as a liquid, why the ammonia evaporates off the paint has dried.
I'm also into /k/ and do my own reloading, put some ammonia bleach into my sonic cleaner (meant for brass casings) drop in a few figurines and turn it on, come back an hour later and got me some clean figures.
>>
get some tall oil and an old toothbrush. let the minis soak it up for a few days and then get scrubbing. use a needle or a toothpick for a finishing touch.
I used this method to clean my old brets and didn't need to worry about wacky shit like toxic fumes or losing fingers to battery acid.
>>
>>44135943
boogity boogity boogity space rainbow
>>
Or you could buy some Biostrip 20 and just soak the minis and brush them clean.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.