[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't there a game that let's you make your ow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 10

File: Just ISIS Things.webm (696KB, 638x376px) Image search: [Google]
Just ISIS Things.webm
696KB, 638x376px
Why isn't there a game that let's you make your own warband in the Syrian Civil War?

Look at this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_armed_groups_in_the_Syrian_Civil_War
You have everything from tribal militias to communists duking it out, and have militant groups with awesome names like "The Lions of the East". There are even more unique battalions within the larger factions too.

You have weapons ranging from machine guns welded to the back of pick up trucks and WW2 era weaponry, to high tech drones and attack choppers. It seems like the perfect place to set a wargame or RPG in, as it gives you a lot of freedom.
>>
>>44133059
>Why isn't there a game that let's you make your own warband in the Syrian Civil War?

There is.

In fact there is probably several.

AK47 Republic springs to mind. And that whassissface that is a 'near future' wargame about merc armies.

Maybe you should have looked even a little before asking why they don't exist.
>>
>>44133172
Isn't that AK47 Republic focused on pre 1990 Africa though? Having stats for the Soviet Union certainly doesn't reflect the modern world.
>>
>>
>>
>>44133194
>Rename Soviet Union to Russia.
Done.
Now it fits 2015 Syria.
>>
>>
>>44133271
Weapons have certainly changed since the end of the Soviet Union, not just for Russia, but for the rest of the world. AK47 Republic didn't have rules for drone strikes last time I checked.
>>
>>
>>
>>44133059
Too soon. Give it a couple decades at least
>>
>>
>>44133376
So how long before the historical re-enactments?
>>
>>44133426
Probably 70 years or so, considering the existence of WW2 re-enactors.
>>
>>44133059
Because [drone blows up your house killing your entire family].

Also, who you gonna invite to play, the refugees that just moved in next door?
>>
>>44133263

saturday-night-on-the-boulevard.jpg
>>
File: 1449954015974.png (2MB, 1408x888px) Image search: [Google]
1449954015974.png
2MB, 1408x888px
>>44133696
I was talking about an independent militant group that would be affiliated with one side or another. Twilight 2000 in the sense that it is about a band of merry men going their own way in a war torn landscape
>>
>>44133059
Phoenix command allows this and was made in a way to be "easily adapeted" into other rpgs (stats go from 3 to 18, skill LEVEL from 0 to 20)

I actually played a isis fighter vs level 1 pathfinder wizard, using mythic solo rpg system (I was the isis guy) and won the fetch
>>
File: 1439912255342.gif (1MB, 895x590px) Image search: [Google]
1439912255342.gif
1MB, 895x590px
>>44133955
I will definitely take a look at that, thanks anon!
>>
>>44133411
>You are over encumbered and cannot run
>>
File: fate.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fate.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>44133059
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.