[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In real life, if you ask a priest about holy water, he'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: vampire.jpg (68KB, 526x800px) Image search: [Google]
vampire.jpg
68KB, 526x800px
In real life, if you ask a priest about holy water, he'll say it doesn't exactly have divine energy in it like a battery has electricity, it's a symbol that works via belief.
Once he stops treating it as holy, it's not, and it goes down the drain like any other water.
Knowing this, can a vampire be harmed by ordinary water he believes is holy, as a placebo effect?
>>
>>44129362
Keywords:
>In real life
>can a vampire
>>
>>44129362
Only if a vampire that doesn't believe in holy water can't be harmed by it at all.

But mostly >>44129413
>>
>>44129362
The person being attacked's faith is what harms the vampire. Holy water is no more holy than a crucifix, both harm/keep it at bay, as they work as a focus for the person' faith. It is worth noting that vampires are hurt by regular water in some traditions as long as it is in movement.
>>
>>44129362
>if you ask a priest about holy water, he'll say it doesn't exactly have divine energy in it like a battery has electricity, it's a symbol that works via belief.
If I remember my Sunday school any and all questions relating to the mechanistic effect of ritual are generally responded to with a "hoo boy, we've got ourselves another pesky budding atheist" expression and avoiding the matter by firmly retreading the most basic principles of the mystery of faith etc.

I think it very much depends on the priest.
I've been to a catholic ceremony or two in my day and if the people in attendance thought that water is just a symbol for something greater rather than actual magic god juice BOY do they love their allegories to be convincing.
>>
>>44129559
J-Jim Butcher? Can it be you??
>>
>>44129362
if the wielder is holy anything he wields can be holy.
>>
>>44129559
>>44129874
So his piss could be holy? What if i had priests drink holy water from birth telling them it suffuses their body and teach them kungfu and shit? Could i have Martial Arts Priest with Kung Fu Grip and built in Holy Water Dispenserâ„¢?
>>
>>44129823
>tips fedora
>>
>>44129362
i'm pretty sure its the blessing that makes the water holy,not anything in the water itself
>>
>>44131255
So if there was a holy woman that blessed her own vagina, could she fuck vampires to death? If she blessed her urethra, could she also piss them into disintegration?

Just asking, not my fetish or anything.
>>
>>44131281
I'm with this guy. If a priests blesses a nun does that make her extra holy? If that nun pisses on something is it a holy object? If she eats something is it holy shit?
>>
>>44129362
>Once he stops treating it as holy, it's not, and it goes down the drain like any other water.
Medieval altars often featured drainage into a small vessel within the stone of the altar itself so that none of the holy water used above it would ever touch the floor but instead evaporate slowly from the most holy place around.
>>
>>44131849
>evaporation
But anon! That sounds like heretics science! Are you sure it didn't make its way to heaven using holy power as all good boys and girls know?
>>
>>44131786
>>44131281
Woman inherits sin at birth and can never be clean or holy. And nothing below the waist line could ever be used as a symbol of Our Lord and Savior! That is sacrilege.

Now if you want to take your slacker son to the city limits and beat him to death, that's fine. But don't play with your wife's butthole!
>>
>>44131932
B-b-but we're all made in the lords imagine! Surely that means my penis and your wife's asshole are part of the good lord himself. How is such a reunion sinful? And harm to my son would be tantamount to harming the lord himself. You sound suspiciously like a heretic.
>>
File: pilgrims.jpg (14KB, 236x284px) Image search: [Google]
pilgrims.jpg
14KB, 236x284px
>>44131932
Religious pilgrim badges and the fact that vaginas literally repulse demons and other unholy beings say otherwise.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.