[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I'm playing a chaotic evil character who enjoys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 20

>I'm playing a chaotic evil character who enjoys killing people
>>
File: 1342154651011.jpg (262KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1342154651011.jpg
262KB, 1280x720px
>I'm shitposting on 4chan
>>
>>44122061

You guys might not believe me, but I actually saw this done well. But of course, he wasn't lolrandumb, and he didn't oppose the party for no reason, and when he did, he tried to swing us around to his way of doing things, not just stupidly attacking the lot of us.
>>
>>44122061
>I'm playing a lawful good character who enjoys killing people
>>
>>44122114

I believe it

Problem is many of us are used to people playing chaotic stupid
>>
>>44122114

Can you give more examples? I find it hard to believe anyone could play an Evil character unless they were Lawful, but that's only from my limited experience.

And sadists in general are shit.
>>
>>44122119
They limit themselves to definitely-evil people, I assume?
>>
We need a /face/ board.

Apparently >>/trash/ isn't good enough.
>>
>>44122166
Ways to play a "Chaotic Evil" character with a Good/Neutral party effectively:

1. The character is a bloodthirsty amoral mercenary who doesn't betray his employers because its bad business.

2. The character is a complete brute, but is accompanied by another character he'll listen to [effectively this is the dog on a chain method].

3. The character is legitimately friends with the rest of the party, and doesn't see the big deal about sparing prisoners or "trying diplomacy" or so forth.

Etc. Note that some of these are borderline CN or even CG, but that is just because alignment is stupid.
>>
File: 1380697092809.jpg (42KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
1380697092809.jpg
42KB, 479x720px
>>44122196

>we need more boards
>>
File: Krombopulos_Michael.png (635KB, 1037x1170px) Image search: [Google]
Krombopulos_Michael.png
635KB, 1037x1170px
>>44122185
Sure, why not.
>>
>>44122108
Words of wisdom
>>
>>44122253
too soon mang.
>>
>>44122166

Well, he was a late arrival to the group, joined us in the middle of the campaign.

And we were doing a kind of almost starwarsy in medievalland rebellion against the Big Evil Empire.

He was some marginal hill tribesman who got caught up in the purges and wound up joining us, less out of ideological reasons and more because we offered what was left of his people the best chance of striking back.

And he was just..... nasty, in character. Cruel, pointlessly sadistic. He would mutilate fallen enemies and preserve their body parts as trophies after every fight. Incredibly insubordinate, to both our group and his own people. He would pretty much only do what he was told if he saw something to gain or thought he would be punished for disobedience, and much preferred looting to actual fighting.

He also always advocated a kind of "hard" terrorism. Weaken their support by just killing random people and showing that they can't actually protect you. According to his character, new recruits should be given jobs torturing prisoners so they get used to blood and pain.

I think the single biggest difference between him and your stereotypical lolrandumb CE psycho was that he was very, very aware that we or his superiors could kill him if he got too out of line, so he always tried to stay within boundaries. First and foremost, the guy was a coward, and he only unleashed the savagery against people who were weak and had no friends to back them up.
>>
>>44122166

I played a CE who was a sociopath and a sadist, but concealed his activities from the rest of the party and provided them with loot/quest hooks so that both the players and their characters only benefited from my actions. He was a doppleganger, meaning that he was fairly weak in-combat and would rely on the other PCs to handle any altercation that didn't involve him following a foe until they slept and performing a coup de grace, then disposing of the body and taking their place.
>>
>>44122119
>He struggles with his murderous urges on a daily basis and tries to channel his violent tendencies to those who deserve it
>>
>>44122346
This is actually the correct way to play Chaotic Evil. Still not something I would want to have in my game.
>>
>>44122417
No no no, he became a Paladin because it was the only way to reconcile his desire to be good with being a sociopath.

He spends his days in mental constipation, until every few he is sent into a fury, and permitted to cut and hack and slay and kill and rack up the dead. And when all is silence he returns to the churchyards and the halls of the cathedral and repents his inner demons.

>People applauding his heroism, women and children praising him as his plate glimmers in the sunlight, his cape flowing in the breeze, his only thought is how much he would love to massacre everyone present.
>>
File: 214.jpg (51KB, 615x630px) Image search: [Google]
214.jpg
51KB, 615x630px
>>44122579
>>
>>44122799
>A character with severe anger issues or sociopathy is necessarily edgy.

Someone call Homer, he needs to rewrite half his major works. Be sure to tell him Achilles needs to stop teleporting behind people.
>>
>>44122166
Playing a mercenary in a modern fantasy game. I'll let you decide where on the alligment char Pax fits.

>Hostage situation.
Badguys have a mother and her child (7 or 8) at gunpoint in a shitty downtown nightclub. Pax was hired by drug lords to kill these fucks and destroy any evidence linking the druglords to a money laundering scheme centered out of the club. Pax locks/barricades every exit/entry other than the front door while other party members try to figure out how to infiltrate and save the hostages. Pax sets the building on fire with some diesel fuel and burning garbage. Badguys freak and stumble out the front door and into a hail of bullets. Team members run in to save mom and kid. Pax gives them shit when they stumble out half dead from smoke inhalation.

>Someone gets murdered while we're partying with shady characters on a yacht.
Our host isn't letting anyone leave until killer is identified and punished. Some party members start playing detective, trying to find clues. Others are questioning guests, trying to establish alibis and motives. Pax shoots the host and informs the captain that there's gonna be three dead bodies if the yacht doesn't make it back to the mainland by morning. He then cleans up loose ends by eliminating all of the host's underlings, one of whom admits to being the killer hoping that it will convince Pax to spare him. All bodies are thrown overboard and the surviving shady sorts agree that they didn't see a fucking thing.

>Corporate espionage assignment.
The party was hired to find out what a rival developer was working on and to make sure the product never hits the market. Ideally, we steal the prototype/research data and hand it over as well. Party spends a shitload of time and resources getting three people to infiltrate and start rising up the ranks/sneaking around to get access to secret projects. Pax starts tailing the CEOs after hours.
cont.
>>
>>44122061
>I'm playing a chaotic evil character who enjoys healing people
>>
>>44123138

Life is pain.

Share it with everyone you can!
>>
>>44123096
You can have anger issues or be a sociopath or even kill people for fun and still not fall to the level of "I want to shower in the blood of the entire world." There's a difference.
>>
>>44123168
Like a dark eldar haemonculous or an evil Franken Fran?
>>
>>44123207
You don't get to die until you're totally miserable for other reasons?
>>
>>44123275
More like you don't get to die
>>
>>44123119
After three sessions of little to no progress (still fun mind you, plenty of tense conversation battles, Ocean's 11 style heists that ultimately lead to us getting something cool but not what we're looking for, detectiving clues and bits of information together, etc.) Pax gets bored and decides to stir shit up. While CEO and wife are out and about at work, Pax breaks into the house, steals the guy's laptop, and starts causing havoc. Setting up blantantly racist advertisments with bloated budgets, authorizing stupidly unsound business deals, sending confusing series of e-mails with conflicting orders to various departments, anything that could hurt the company. The best part is Pax managed to convince the infiltrators in the party to join in on driving the business into the ground. Less than a week later, the company is going under and getting parceled out to other firms. Guess who wound up getting the R&D department and all the projects within.
>>
>>44123119
>All bodies are thrown overboard and the surviving shady sorts agree that they didn't see a fucking thing.

I see Pax takes after the Guatemalan business model.
>>
>>44123119
NE, I say
>>
I don't even listen to my players when they try to tell me about their characters, as if they ever bother to have one. All they do is tell me their class, race and alignment. Always a chaotic neutral munchkin, and in one player's case, always non-core despite my insistence he try to fit my setting.

>chaotic neutral birdman assassin from the underdark
>chaotic neutral gnome artificer from fucking eberron
>chaotic neutral elf-orc
>>
>>44123479
> elf-orc
lolwut? You had stats for that?
>>
>>44123513
No he wanted to use everything from both races, obviously.
>>
>>44123475
Thanks. I haven't played much with D&D, mostly we run G.R.U.P.S. or experiment with other systems. Our GM is good but has sort of a hipster-level hate for "casual" systems. Out of curiosity, what makes CE chaotic? They actively go against rules or codes of any sort?

>>44123455
It's efficient, and good for business. Nobody is going to rat on you, and they know you can get shit done. Next time they need some wetwork, they know who to call.
>>
>>44123629
> Elforc?
>Alright, you're a Fork
>Low light vision, +1 piercing damage, elf beauty and orc ugliness cancel each other out
>>
File: asiansnigger.gif (2MB, 300x277px) Image search: [Google]
asiansnigger.gif
2MB, 300x277px
>>44123479
>>44123513
>>44123629
>>
>>44123642
Chaotic characters generally act solely upon their own interests with little to no regard for laws, morals, and/or any sort of code of ethics. A lot of people believe that characters that are of chaotic alignments actively work to oppose the law, however this is not the case, even for CE (unless of course their goal really *is* to fuck with the law). Chaotic characters simply don't give much of a shit what goes down so long as the outcome they favor the most occurs.
>>
>>44122061
Nothing wrong with that, as long as you aren't an ass about it.
>>
>I'm playing a Chaotic Evil character who enjoys helping people
>>
>>44123479
Why do you play with these people?
>>
>my character is a chaotic evil sadist that realizes he would get wrecked killing innocent people so he appropriates his natural aggression and hatred towards the living against enemies of the community i.e Orcs and Goblins.
Shit is so fucking easy. Chaotic Evil doesn't mean "retarded animal that lashes out at shit till dead".
>>
>>44123479
Why not make a setting where his race fits? Shit ain't hard m8. Honestly if you AREN'T using the "freaky" races you may as well go human only anyway.

I'd rather see a party composed of a Human, Tengu, Githyanki, and Gnoll. Than generic Human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfing bullshit.
>>
>>44124198
Because they're my friends and I get a secret thrill out of being abused by people I trust.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (368KB, 1280x624px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
368KB, 1280x624px
>>44122221
>we
>>
>>44124210
http://wwww.smbc-comics.com/?id=2666
>>
>>44124185
I think I did something like that once, though I probably fucked up the execution. I didn't make them actively malicious in any way, but they just had a sufficiently warped worldview and amoral attitude that they were quite despicable overall.

The sort of person who would nonconsensually tamper with the minds of others if he thought it was for their own good, or vivisect captured opponents to better understand how to heal and improve his own allies. Then he'd casually slip stuff into someone's drink to test his work after he finished testing it on animals.

He never once saw anything wrong with what he did. So long as no serious lasting damage was done, or he saw it as unavoidable, it was all fine in his mind. It would all be for the greater good in the end.
>>
>>44122061
>However, given that I've survived long enough to tell you that, I'm clearly not a fucking idiot. I channel my aggression into adventuring. I might go a little overboard sometimes, and my party members find me creepy as fuck, but as long as I'm only brutally murdering goblins and orcs nobody really seems to care.

Any concept can be saved.
>>
>>44122061
Then this is not the party for you
>>
>>44122166
>I find it hard to believe anyone could play an Evil character unless they were Lawful

I played a dickass thief. Our whole party was dickass thieves, but this guy was the dickass thief of dickass thieves.

He stole from the rich, the poor, the church, orphanages, wherever. His go to method of dealing with problems was to kill the person responsible. He had no goals, no dreams, he just liked having things and went around looking for things to get. He would have betrayed the party but I specifically made him weaker than 3/4 of them so he couldn't.

I based him off my little brother's skyrim character.
>>
File: prisma-illya-s2e2-caren3.jpg (269KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
prisma-illya-s2e2-caren3.jpg
269KB, 1920x1080px
>>44123138
There's a middle school nurse in prisma illya that enjoys her job because she gets to watch little kids get hurt.

Like sure she'll patch them up and do her job correctly but her favorite part is the kid crying their eyes out because of their sprained ankle.
>>
File: HK-47.jpg (858KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HK-47.jpg
858KB, 1920x1080px
>>44122061
That can be done really well though.
>>
>>44122119
I actually got a lot of use out of my "blood knight who is a paladin" character. He loves slaughtering the powerful, and once faced down a paladin who promised to give him a power become stronger, and to see those who were likely to put up a good fight, in exchange for fighting who the god designates as the right kind of fight.

The god of pragmatism (and the maimed followers) decided it was better to have an attack hound on a leash than to have more fingers bitten off putting it down.

Strangely he was a rather compelling character in the RP, though it hindered some of the diplomatic options the party wanted to do until the sorceress explained social executions "were like killing people, but you can see them suffer afterwards without getting blood everywhere."

He still preferred the murder but was more content with the social engineering and exploitation stuff.
>>
>>44122061
>well then this is the place for you, the rest of the party is made up of 5 LG paladins with a hard on for violence.
>>
File: 1445200287192.png (249KB, 500x394px) Image search: [Google]
1445200287192.png
249KB, 500x394px
>I want to play a lawful good Necromancer
>>
>>44122061
well duh, but this is shadowrun so i get on well with the party and tend to keep my killing to a purpose, namely getting ahead in life and covering my tracks
>>
>>44122166
>NE battle man from a !aztec warrior culture.
>Believes he must honor the gods with sacrifice and by destroying his enemies in battle
>Shows no mercy
>He just wanted to be Witnessed
>>
File: 1410732669742.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1410732669742.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
>>44122061
>not enjoying killing people
>>
>>44122166
The vermintide Bright Wizard had the concept down pretty well, even if she wasn't actually evil.
>loves burning the shit out of everything
>is well aware that indulging herself isn't a good long term survival strategy
>works with her captor because she knows she's probably going to die if she doesn't
>makes friends with her comrades because it turns out killing Skaven is a good bonding with exercise
>>
>>44126049
maybe he is white necromancer :^)
>>
File: U7Hfw.gif (423KB, 248x200px) Image search: [Google]
U7Hfw.gif
423KB, 248x200px
>I'm playing CN rogue
>>
File: LG necro.jpg (84KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
LG necro.jpg
84KB, 640x640px
>>44126049
>>
File: U wot.jpg (160KB, 659x800px) Image search: [Google]
U wot.jpg
160KB, 659x800px
>Chaotic good
Worst alignment. I should know, I play a Chaotic Evil berserler on a leash.
>>
>>44122166
Dude, Neutral Evil is like easymode.
Just keep your eyes on the bottom line, and try to make sure everything you do benefits in the short, medium, or (preferably) long term.
>>
>>44126049
Tried that once. His name was Uzurun, but no-one in my party ever really bothered to learn long names or suc. To them he was simply Useless Uze. Had some fun times with Konrad "Definetly Not A Vampire" Dreadmoor...
>>
>>44127221
You cheeky cunt.

>>44127335
Care to tell the stories of Uzurun? I kinda want to hear how the encounter with Konrad played out.
>>
File: Untitled-3.png (7KB, 364x449px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3.png
7KB, 364x449px
>>44122061
Oh.

Never mind, then.
>>
>>44122061
Just because you enjoy something doesn't mean you can't keep it under control when it would wind up working against you to do it.
>>
>>44122579

That's not a Paladin.
>>
>>44128087
sounds pretty righteous to me
>>
File: 1411998509306.png (328KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1411998509306.png
328KB, 854x480px
>>44122061
>He doesn't enjoy killing people
>>
File: tumblr_ngk6ryWQpd1rhkpozo1_500.png (102KB, 500x304px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngk6ryWQpd1rhkpozo1_500.png
102KB, 500x304px
>>44122166
I ran one who was so concerned about the fate of the universe that when team hero started fighting probably the only other force on the planet as powerful/devoted to good as them (they wanted our ship for some reason) she refused to fight them. There was no benefit to the battle, in her mind-it would just weaken the two strongest forces for keeping everyone from dying on the insane death world you get when there's more alien invasions than countries.

She was the only person to refrain from fighting them. Of everyone.

She prevented another PC's suicide attempt, because "I've spent too much effort trying to seduce you for this to end with me not getting laid".

At the same time, this was a girl who did love watching others suffer and who regularly thought of her girlfriend like one might a particularly nice chair.

Jyambi from Kakegurui is a fair model of what she was like.
>>
>>44127226
I wanted to run a warrior priest paladin but the more I thought about it the more I went off of it.
>>
File: Franservice.jpg (130KB, 705x930px) Image search: [Google]
Franservice.jpg
130KB, 705x930px
>>44123138
Yes, we can!
>>
>>44128804
Justice Girl > Agame
>>
>>44122061
I did this on temple of elemental evil.
I killed every single living being and undead ever without ever talking with them.
I restarted the game once after alot of play, when I discovered I didnt needed to talk with some guy to beat the game
Restarted the game second time after alot of play after I discovered that ig you are quick enought and use the map to go to another area, you can skip the first kid that talk with you
>>
>>44125273
I made a character kind of like this, but lawful evil. To most he would seem good, but he was essentially a fascist. I didn't really have a chance to flesh him out though, because the DM only ever does one or two sessions before forcing me to DM again because of some contrived issue that takes up all his free time.
>>
>>44122061
You know a lot of people get a big rush from fighting, so its logical to assume some of them would get a big rush from killing people as well.
>>
>>44122417
Couldn't he just enjoy killing people?
>>
>>44127587
Then why can't I quit smoking, drinking, spending time on all my hobbies instead of finding a job, and habitually masturbating?
>>
File: Gir_mouth_open.png (72KB, 800x1053px) Image search: [Google]
Gir_mouth_open.png
72KB, 800x1053px
>I'm chaotic neutral. I can kill whoever I want because I'm craaaaaazy!
>>
>>44123119
Guy sure does like to sabotage what the rest of the party is doing.

I'd say that makes him Chaotic Asshole.
>>
>>44129204
Because you are a bitch?
>>
>>44129204
Because you are a terrible person.
Also I don't think quitting your hobbies to start habitually masturbating is a good idea.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.