[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #614: Insane In The Membrane Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 27

>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>IRC
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>44078197
>>
Jumpers, at what point have you had to take a step back, and admit you've gone too far and need to stop?
>>
File: 1446403906055.png (563KB, 420x586px) Image search: [Google]
1446403906055.png
563KB, 420x586px
>>44097257
> Constables face when they realize all my dialogue during criminal jumps is comprised of Cypress Hill or Notorious BIG lyrics

COPS, COME AND TRY TA' SNATCH MY CROPS
>>
>>44097013
Well, I mean, why the fuck should I care what i look like? I spent my last jump looking like a bear woman Anon.

Weird iris and white hair could only be an improvement.
>>
>>44097323
Never.
>>
>>44097323
When I decided Chlorine Trifluoride was a great idea for a fuel source.

I quickly learned the error of my ways, but so did the people who tried to break my things. It was a learning experience for us all, some more than others, as I lived through it and the others didn't...
>>
>>44097436
You should use Dioxygen Diflouride, instead. I hear it's a lot more stable, definitely isn't even more hypergolic than Chlorine Triflouride.
>>
Was doing a build for this and noticed some of the text had cut off on the pluses/minuses bit of the Sheriff box so fixed it.
>>
>>44097323
In retrospect, conquering Russia and setting it up as an Imperial Arcanarchy may not have been the appropriate response to my CO busting my ovaries about my personal life.

Fuck her, though. What a bitch.

Bodycount and social-contract issues aside, the technomagical Rus Empire led by a class pantless witches was pretty sweet.
>>
>>44097823
That's pretty metal actually.

Strike Witches I'm guessing?
>>
>>44097944
Yep. The magic and tech from that setting is super useful.
>>
>>44097975
What makes it that useful? IIRC magic goes away once the user grows older there.
>>
>>44097975
Plus, it's pretty out-there

>Are those...planelegs
Hell yeah, want some?
>Nnnnnnnnnnyes. Yes I do
>>
>>44097323
After completing the Planetary Array in Terraformars jump f'n johj!, I realised I needed to dial it back a bit before I end up starting every jump dogpiled by companions who really don't want me to genocide everything forever for power.

Don't they understand? Those consumed are not dying, they will never be alone.

I can tell you we all needed a trip to the Pensieve after that!
>>
I like you, /jc/.

Keep it up.
>>
>>44098010
Well, less the magic and the way they fuse it with tech. When I look at it, I see a pre-magical revolution clarktech society waiting for a more efficient and renewable means of magic.

So if remove the SW-magic power plant, like lifting an engine out of a car, and drop in something more robust magic system, you've got a functional set of light magictech power armor. Basically, I treated SW technomagic like Shelby treated the AC. I saw it for what it could be, rather than for what it was.

>>44098043
And that. THere is a certain sexy to how stripped down the armor is, no pun intended.
>>
File: senpai.jpg (136KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
senpai.jpg
136KB, 500x281px
>>44098103
>pic related

40k Imperium questions:
*What's the Sororita equivalent of Terminator armor?
*How good are power/force weapons when compared with weapons from other settings? I know that 40k weapons in general gravity toward the OP. Does that hold for relic weapons?
>>
>>44097323
despite my love of emotion I must admit developing an infectious and somewhat milder form of Bendii Syndrome And disturbing it into every major spaceport and Vulcan population center was a colossal Dick move I was only like Five millenniums old,I've grown up since then.

>>44098103
You got it Miss Producer!
>>
>>44098103
And I like you too, Mysterious Benefactor!

Who are you again?
>>
File: image.jpg (127KB, 1022x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127KB, 1022x768px
>>44098103
>>
>>44098168
>What's the Sororita equivalent of Terminator armor?
technically nothing, though there may be some faith power or special gubbin that allows for a similar role, I'd have to look that up
>How good are power/force weapons when compared with weapons from other settings?
well you can take on vehicles in melee, so there's that
force weapons can get even more powerful, but that all depends on your psychic power
>>
Has a metroid jump or astro-boy jump been made?
>>
>>44098861
>metroid
no
>>
>>44098861
No, at one point someone was making a metroid jump, but they haven't mentioned anything in quite a while.
>>
>>44098861
You should do these, both of these.
>>
>>44098861
Don't think anybody's doing Astro-Boy.
I have heard someone is doing Metroid, though.
>>
Question for Elonanon: For the purposes of the Goblin Contract Blood Binding, does it cost ALL your Glamour regardless of how powerful you may grow, or the natural cap of how much Glamour a Changeling can hold?
>>
>>44098861
I thought Rising was working on a Metroid jump
>>
>>44099289
All glamour means all glamour.
>>
>>44099345
N'aw, some dude named South was last I remember.

Then again, it's been ages.
>>
So, was thinking up perks for Yakuza jump.

Charmer 100CP: By listening to people on the street, you know what forms of entertainment a woman/man likes.
>>
>>44099468
Can't you find that out by listening on the street anyway?
>>
>>44099526
This applies to any woman. Even women that have not experienced modern culture, or you should have no way of knowing about.

See: Kaguya Otsutsuki
>>
>>44098549
For the 100CP Special Weapon purchase in 40k, could we get an Inferno Pistol instead of a Melta?
>>
For masterpiece weapon in metal gear rising. Can you import a weapon?
>>
>>44097323
I went too far just by being born in the real world.

There's nowhere else to go but down.
>>
>>44099665
From what people have told me, no.

You have to first import the weapon through High Frequency Manufacture and then use Masterpiece.
>>
>>44099632
well, for some reason inferno pistols are super rare weapons compare to meltas but eeeeeeeeeeeeeh why not
same for plasma pistols, however plasma cannons and multi-meltas are RIGHT OUT
>>
>>44099896
Damn it. I don't have enough CP for that.
>>
>>44099468

Perhaps something that allows you to perform something like Yubitsume to get people to forgive you or to pay for things?

Maybe with the damage remaining for the rest of that Jump, or the forgiveness simply fading if you choose to regenerate it.

The both latter options could effectively make your bodyparts into currency, which may end up a little odd.
>>
>>44099940
Sweet, I just wanted moar pistols and one handers for my Sororita.
>>
>>44100014
Yubitsume? Wasn't that the thing where Yakuza cut off their fingers for fucking something up royally?
>>
>>44100085
yes.
>>
>>44099616
>>The benefactor is a lady or at least coded as one.
>>You Learn what kind of entertainment she likes
>>Start structuring the rest of your chain around being amusing to her.

One less thing for a jumper to worry about.
>>
>>44100104
Alright then, sounds good. Thanks Mir!
>>
>>44100127
Benefactor has no defined gender. Not to mention your perks do not work on it unless it'd desire them to, given it's the one that grants them.
>>
>>44100149
So, you're saying it doesn't want to be entertained?
>>
>>44100169
Not in THAT way, if you know what I mean.

I feel dirty now.
>>
>>44100149
I'm pretty sure my benefactor is a lady Or at least my mind is protecting itself by filtering her into the mold of a lady,I mean those business skirts, that hair, that voice,those pronouns. Isn't this something that is left up to the individual jumper? But Your second point is pretty good and I'll give that one up.
>>
>>44098103
Thanks MB. I wish I was providing better stories, but oh well.
>>
Worm, in EVO the drawback of, "Spiraling out of control" how does it affect the challenge in the jump? For example, is the shark king still blocking oxygen needed to move to the next era? Then the humanoids wouldn't be requiring oxygen to make war, and still have some sort of cap on their evolution rate?
>>
>>44100213
Closest I get to a mental image of the Benefactor is a strange mix of Malcolm McDowell in Fantasy Island and Morgan Freeman in Bruce Almighty.
>>
>>44099896
Um, I'm sorry, but that makes no sense.

High Frequency Manufacturer gives you ability, the knowledge, to make any weapon be high frequency weapon.

And if that is not wrong, then notice how your warehouse isn't locked away from you at all. Get your weapon.

Hell, even if I'm wrong about it being knowledge and it actually is a one time upgrade, it specifically states that it applies to any weapon you have.

RISING ANON, IS THIS KNOWLEDGE OR ONE TIME UPGRADE BTW?
>>
I am dissapointed by how Code Geass jump lacks perk or drawback to make it the abridged version.

THERE'S ONLY SOUP!
>>
>>44101033
Yeah, well, the Code Geass jump is lacking in a lot of ways. It's best to just move on.
>>
>>44101086
"I'm looking for a code Geass jump"
"Well, come over here"
"I can't find it"
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CAN'T FIND IT!"
"I can't find it, there's only shit"
>>
File: 1444080903109.gif (467KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
1444080903109.gif
467KB, 550x400px
>>44101033
>>44101086
>>44101146
> mfw when those FUCKING TINY HATS
>>
>>44101033
At least we have it for Hellsing.

But damn, Code Geass is no bueno.
>>
File: NNzJ8G8[1].gif (484KB, 448x223px) Image search: [Google]
NNzJ8G8[1].gif
484KB, 448x223px
>>44098103
>>
>>44101316
>mfw I am at the jumpchain drive
WHY AM I LOOKING FOR GOOD CODE GEASS JUMP ON A JUMPCHAIN DRIVE?
>FUCK YOU
>>
>>44101446
There's already an existing code geass jumps. the thread already accepted it. It's good enough as it is.
>>
>>44101562
Not really, it's garbage. Can't change it though so we got to live with it.
>>
>>44101578
If it made it onto the drive, it met the necessary standards. you people gave mib enough shit to drive him away, so even the "can't change it part" is just what the thread did.
>>
>>44101644
Any time after he changed his name to mib he was pretty tolerable to talk to as well, for all his faults. So I feel pretty safe in saying they made things worse for us by being so harsh.
>>
>>44101670
Pretty much any time one of his jumps came up people were going on about it was absolute shit and people should change it. sad thing is the guy was actually putting in effort to change. I dunno how people expected him to put up with the abuse
>>
But I heard that recently Reborn came back for a bit, didn't they? Or do I remember wrong?
>>
Is there any jump with a 3rd person POV perk?
>>
>>44101840
He came back, people realized it was him again, continued shitting on him as usual. people reacted to him like they react to tera basically, all because of jumps like Bleach and Code Geass.
>>
>>44101727
>>44101644
Not particularly actually. It was made back in the very early days of JC and even then caused a great deal of arguments. It basically got on because as long as a jump is functional, not lewd and doesn't break 4chan rules, it must be accepted, not because it was well liked.

>>44101727
>Putting in the effort to change
You say that but the only thing he ever did change was a minor bit of that Shaolin thing. Never fixed the many problems in the other jumps, despite them being pointed out so often. If he makes crappy low effort things he should expect to get criticism and shit for it.

>>44101889
If he makes awful jumps of widely popular settings, he should realise the reaction he's going to get. If his jumps were of less known stuff, I doubt people would care as much.
>>
>>44101919
>Less known stuff
...true, you don't see people complain about Xiaolin Monks nearly as much as Bleach or Code Geass.
>>
>>44101919
If you can't see the noticeable improvement from things like the first version of Bleach and Destiny (For all the boohoo about that one) then you're blind. Just because he started at a really low point and didn't end at being the best doesn't mean he didn't improve.
>>
>>44101919
There is literally no incentive to make a high quality jump. You make a high quality jump, unless you're already well known, it's still going to be forgotten. Reborn saw that nobody at the time was going to make the setting, so he did because he wanted to jump it, it was as simple as that and probably why he put up with the abuse in the first place.

>If he makes awful jumps of widely popular settings, he should realise the reaction he's going to get. If his jumps were of less known stuff, I doubt people would care as much.

If that's the case we should just tally up a list of jumps that only trusted namefags should do and save people like Reborn from future grief.
>>
>>44101996
Not that anon, but they said the only thing he ever changed, not the only improvement he ever made.
>>
Progress report!

>One update down, one more (and then two Jumps to finish writing) to go.

Changelog:
>There's a Notes section now
>A bunch of new Mutators
>A couple of new Drawbacks
>>
>>44101996
>Destiny

Was made by someone else entirely. Reborn =/= Mad Hatter
>>
>>44101845
I believe Splinter Cell has what you are looking for.
>>
>>44102042

Wasn't there a previous version of the Bleach jump that Mib replaced?
>>
>>44102075
Both were made by him. The first was complete trash, the second is bad because vague and boring perks. Also causes a lot of butthurt from people who want to be a mega double Visored Aizen to face off against Yawech though.
>>
>>44101996
He didn't make Destiny. Bleach is better then the first, but that doesn't mean it's good and in some ways the first version had more life in it too. That improvement was the only one however and he never did the same for any other jump despite being around for several months after that.

There is perhaps Warframe, but all that was was removing any reference to hard numbers in favour of vague descriptors and still leaving the notable issues with the drawbacks.

>>44102007
So what you're saying is to screw all this fluff, customization, cool options. We should all make jumps with a list of generic powers, a few canon powers, and then pump them out like that with no care to quality? It doesn't excuse him from criticism. If he just wanted to jump a setting he should have done that on his own rather then blocking anyone else that actually cared to put effort into it.
>>
>>44102092
Starting to see a lot of personal outrage for events months and months ago. Ever think that maybe this attitude scares people off from improving or trying again, or from doing something in the first place?
>>
>>44102046
Down with goats
>>
Would having a split personality that's it's own soul but its also yours be able to pass the one reality marble thing
>>
>>44102116
Ever think that if he put in effort he might not get this sort of attitude? There's plenty of times new jumpmakers have gotten praised for their work and a fair few times that people improving on their own past jumps has also gotten praised too. But if someone continually puts out poor quality work and does little to fix it, they get shat on for it and rightfully so.
>>
>>44102156
How can it have its own soul that's also yours?
>>
>>44101996
Wait, did Bleach get a remake?
>>
>>44102156
I sincerely doubt it.
>>
>>44098010
I don't think that counts for the jumper but if it does there a perk for it
>>
>>44102163
I'm speaking in general. This sarcastic reflection doesn't really help your case either.

>>44102175
I'm gonna guess that you weren't around for the original blue version.
>>
>>44102092
fluff, customization, cool options are all completely optional. Each and every one of those options. How people make their jumps is completely up to them, how people choose to write their jumps is a result of those choices and their writing capacity. You might take things like fluff, customization and options for granted, but don't hold them as points of criticism against a maker when they were never necessities to begin with.

We're not all Babylon, we're not capable of writing beautiful novels like he is. Reborn put the amount of effort that he saw fit, and if you don't agree with that, it's on you and not him.
>>
File: amphabulous.gif (991KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
amphabulous.gif
991KB, 500x275px
>>44102132
>not liking goats
>wait, this IS a goat, right?
>>
>>44102189
You don't need to be Babylon to make a good jump. Even Teratophillia puts more visible effort in. And sure, he can pump out some poor quality jump if he sees it sufficient, but no one else is obligated to like or praise it and they can criticise it all they want. He's writing for a community, not just for himself.
>>
>>44102169
If you've consumed a soul isn't it yours ?
>>
>>44102189
>We're not all Babylon
But what about Babylon's first jump?
>>
File: Old Bleach.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Old Bleach.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>44102229
>More visible effort
>Hasn't tried to do better
>>
File: image.jpg (566KB, 616x872px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
566KB, 616x872px
I swore we had a Rurouni Kenshin Jump, then I looked on the drive. Nada, not even a WIP.
>>
>>44102297
Yes he improved on that. The improved version is still bad, just less so. Improving and being bad are not exclusive. He did not try to improve any other jump beyond minor changes that did not address the issues brought up in the first place either. See Warframe as an example.
>>
>>44102229
>He's writing for a community, not just for himself

No let's make this very clear. The community had a good chance to just reject it outright, and consciously chose not to do so. Reborn very clearly made this for himself, and not for anybody else. For all the talk of "not comparing jumps against one another" this is exactly what was happening to Reborn, even when it was very clear that there was never a set of writing standards put in place for the jumpmaking process. He made it very clear in IRC that there was a limit to his writing ability, and that he had been trying to improve.

When it gets to the point where it becomes harassing the author outright, which happened with Bleach, I don't see how it's justifiable anymore.
>>
>>44102293
Babylon's first jump was already a masterpiece. I've never seen a jump from Babylon that wasn't anything but the best quality in the drive.
>>
>>44102217
I remember hearing it had something to do with a weird Japanese dragon legend.
>>
>>44102328
Your brain is trying to tell you something.
>>
File: image.png (150KB, 487x988px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
150KB, 487x988px
>>44102399
Which is?
>>
>>44102342
Except this was in the very early days when no one was clear on the rules. Even then, his jumps caused constant arguments. Likewise, just being heavily disliked is not enough to ban a jump and never has been, only if it actively breaks rules i.e Conduit or lewd things.

Perhaps he said he had tried, but it is not visible in his jumps. Bleach's improvement was months prior to him leaving and which still had many issues, he made a minor change to Xiaolin monks on his return months later (That caused further argument over it being incredibly OP) and a slight grammar change to Warframe to remove hard number references without fixing the much larger issues brought up by people. If he'd visibly tried to improve his jumps that excuse might work but he didn't and never addressed issues regardless of how many times they were brought up to him.
>>
>>44102342
well his namesake had some... questionable design choices before updating, I will say his offerings have been fairly stellar
>>
>>44102342
He kept putting out jumps with the exact same issues his previous ones had been slammed for, sometimes the perks being literally copy pasted over too. Dunno about you, but I don't see that as him trying to improve.
>>
>>44102065
>All Angles Accounted For
Thanks anon!
>>
>>44102422
Make it
>>
>>44102189
The real issue is we hadn't had some of the really terrible jumps from SB and similar back then. Those caused the formation of basic quality control for jumps. Nowadays a lot of his jumps, especially the early ones just wouldn't make it to the drive or be filed as WIP. Instead we're stuck with jumps like Deadman Wonderland which is missing an entire origin worth of perks and has a poorly detailed god mode and/or trap option. Familiar of Zero while not as bad as Deadman Wonderland does a terrible job of explaining its magic system, makes nonsensical perk divisions between origins, lets you buy impossible levels of power in the main magic system if you invest enough cp in it, and has a precog perk with no canonical basis. Bleach at least has a few possible interesting builds (although it lacks much for Drop In), some of his other jumps lack even that.
>>
>>44102189
>>44102007
So we should just shut down /jc/ now because there's no point to put in any effort? Just give up and throw every jumpmaker under the bus because there's no point unless it makes you popular? That's a shitty way to look at it.
>>
Bitching is your favorite topic isn't it ya little misanthropes?
>>
>>44102525
Yes, you are doing that now aren't you?
>>
>>44102510
I think anon's point is that people shouldn't be thrown under the bus for not being as good as [insert jumpmaker whose dick you crave here]. I think they go too far with their point, but there it is so you understand.
>>
File: image.jpg (178KB, 461x648px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178KB, 461x648px
>>44102507
Honestly I wouldn't do it justice. I haven't really watched the show or the movies in awhile. It wouldn't sit right to make it only a text jump, and I don't have the patience to make an imaged of it. Plus it pertains to my build currently, so I can't be unbasised.
>>
>>44097323
Dead Space. Trying to figure out what I have to do to save humanity and as many lives as possible.

The point that I had to take a step back was when I found myself figuring out the logistics of eradicating EarthGov, imposing martial law while establishing a new order over the solar system, starting a diaspora of a billion souls per target planet, everyone in cold storage until they arrived... maximizing the use of my clone perks so that I can make sure that no one that goes out is a Unitologist, trying to save those who are salvageable, and turning the ones who aren't into food paste... in the end, trying to figure out how to eradicate a threat to all biological life came down to either turning humanity into some kind of Reapers, or going full Emprah.

Ended up just parking on top of the sun, whipping out low-tier Star Trek tech to trade to the locals so they didn't have to rely on their retard-tech, cranking out defenses sufficient to shatter brethren moons and recycle the raw materials as resources, and went on a wild galaxy-spanning hunt to eliminate them.
>>
>>44102156
>>44102258
It belongs to you, but it's not your soul. I've thought about what you're doing, and while I decided not to even try, here's a start:

Get the Ryougi Bloodline perk from Kara no Kyoukai, and use both what you can get with being a member of that clan during your decade and actual study of your own abilities once you're out of there. This is so you have an idea of how to function with multiple personalities.

I feel like we have a Psychonauts jump. If we actually do, and I'm not hallucinating, that will probably help with screwing about with minds. For a less hands-on approach, Franken Fran has a perk dealing with healing minds through bullshit hypnosis, pills, and actual therapy. It specifically says you can construct false personalities too, among other things.

Next, get Monster Cat from Soul Eater. It gives you nine souls that are actually yours- a part of your self- rather than a material you've acquired (likely through force).

Now throw Metaphysical Biology, PhD from Neon Genesis Evangelion on top of this.

...That's about as far as I bothered to get. I'm sure there's something in the hundreds of jumps we have that can help you turn the little I've done into an actual combo.
>>
>>44097257
Jumpers, what world do you miss the most?
>>
>>44102509
>>44102425

Then really if we're all under the impression that there are clear standards for "what is absolutely necessary for a jump to be good" there might as well be a document for it, because quite simply it never existed when reborn was making his jumps, and quite often the "feedback" that he got had contradictions in themselves.

Can an author just request that their jumps be removed from the drive?
>>
>>44102555
Thanks I'm still trying to wrap my head around the cat thing can't I go to soul eater get that soul perk and purchase multiple reality marbles and other soul things
>>
>>44102555
There is indeed a Psychonauts jump.
>>
>>44102607
I suppose they could willingly give up the jump. It'd be nice to get proper jumps for places like Deadman, Bleach, CG and ZnT.
>>
>>44102607
Yeah, happened with a certain creeper trip fag. Any attempt to do it at this point by someone claiming to be him would likely be viewed with immense suspicion though. Really the major issue I'm seeing coming out of this is there's little way to practice jump making and the thread is spotty for criticism beyond the basics. You come in, make a jump, maybe get some input on how to improve, and then rinse and repeat. You almost always will have some mistakes in early jumps you make and frequently fixing them will start flame wars if they affect anything major.
>>
>>44102651
>undoing the chains some people have put dozens of hours of work into

Well, you can either fight an uphill battle in a saltstorm or let sleeping dogs lie. The first would at least require the Reborn Anon to rescind his claim on the worlds in question for it to be seen as anything other than treason against our ancestral laws.
>>
Latest update to Yakuza Jump.
http://pastebin.com/88b96muFhttp://pastebin.com/88b96muF
>>
>>44102606
Pokemon

>>44102509
Is there any jumps from SB specifically? I went over for a look and they mention ones that aren't on the drive. Also planet Neptune sized space ships, whaah?

>>44102719
Wow, with Mob Jump and Gta and all that, we're shaping to be real troublemakers. Good thing we have all those detective and justice jumps, eh?
>>
>>44102745
Yeah, with three other crime centered jumps, a jumper the quite the opportunity to become Kingpin of Crime.
>>
>>44102651

>CG

Considering the existence of settings with multiple jumps, couldn't you just make a jump of one of the several spin off series if you want a different Code Geass jump?
>>
Has anyone claimed spore?
>>
Playing with a jump idea. Will need to reread the basis before I get through with it. (And figure out what to do for potential companions and equipment, but the classes seem self-evident.)

>>44102745
What is "SB"?
>>
>>44102820
Not exactly. The spin-offs are really different from canon.
>>
>>44102859
KOTOR did.
>>
>>44102859
No. Some people have talked about it, but so far everyone's been too daunted by the prospect to try, as far as I know.
>>
>>44102873
cool panda

How about Hey You, Pikachu?
>>
>>44102865
The Spacebattles dot com forums, they (and Sufficient Velocity), have got threads for discussing CYOA and jumps as a subset.

Some ideas are weird, and I'm pretty sure the anon with Infinite Archives as a Reality Marble is a namefag.

I prefer the chans, conversation goes quicker, loads easier and you can always leave and come back later if you don't like the company.
>>
>>44102882
Yeah, I can understand that. I had been thinking of doing something similar to LoT, but I am not even sure if copying that style is kosher. It just seems kind of wrong to.
>>
I'm not going to make any claims to it at the moment, but how interested would people be in a Disgaea jump?
it would probably just be an Hour/Afternoon of Darkness one because I don't know the others as well
>>
>>44102972
Someone is already making it.
>>
>>44102872

There's two spin offs that take place during the main series (and that's not cointuning the visual novel.

Although honestly the other spin offs seem like they would be more interesting.
>>
>>44102984
Well that settles that quickly
>>
>>44102701
Thread is absolutely useless when it comes to criticism. For every opinion you entertain you're bound to hit another one from some other anon. I'm at the point where I'm looking back and start thinking "why did I even start making jumps in the first place?" As a jumpmaker I'd sympathize with reborn and tera to an extent - the thread ends up falling into the notion that jumpmakers should respond to every bit of criticism like it's gold, and fails to understand that people have real lives outside of /jc/.

Change wise though, if I could, I'd pull all of my jumps out of the drive. Won't make much of a difference, but just having the flexibility would be good.
>>
>>44102972
If you want to make it I'll gladly give it up to you. Anons made it very apparent that they did not want me to touch it at all. (It was Muyo's first in any case, and originally I was asking for progress updates with a completely different intention in mind, after which a series of events happened and ended up resulting in Muyo handing the jump off.)
>>
>>44103024
>Flexibility
I don't think that word means what you think it does.
>>
>>44103069
What? The flexibility to remove a jump I completed from the drive if I ever felt the need to do so?
>>
>>44103054
Oh great, here's this again. One anon said that and many more said they'd love you to do it. Not sure why I even speak up considering you seem to think the entire thread despises you.
>>
>>44103076
I said it once, I'll say it again. I have no intentions of sticking my hand into a setting where known expectations were already established. I asked Muyo initially about interference with Makai Kingdom, I ended up somehow getting the notes for Disgaea handed off to me. I stated it pretty clearly that I was more than happy to hand it off to anybody who showed interest.

Nowadays I don't even see the point to make more jumps anymore, so it's even more fitting.
>>
Okay, so - a hypothetical here. Let's say there was a password that, if spoken to me aloud, would cause me to immediately comply with all commands issued by the speaker.

Are there any protagonists, in any setting, that I can actually trust with this?
>>
>>44103130
Not really what you or I was talking about just then. Just that you seem to ignore all the people that like and praise your stuff in favour of focusing on the few that dislike it.
>>
>>44103135
Superman.
>>
>>44103135
Quite a few, anon. The catch is likely to be telling them without someone, somehow, overhearing or otherwise finding it out.
>>
>>44103173
So do so in an extradimensional space?
>>
>>44103173
>The catch is likely to be telling them without someone, somehow, overhearing or otherwise finding it out.

Coincidentally, this is why I don't tell anyone anything in Worm. While I am immune to a lot of info gathering bullshit, most of the rest of that verse is not.
>>
>>44103143
Because I don't like acknowledging praise when it isn't deserved. Unlike other jumpmakers, I never intended the jumps to be jumped except by specific people. When I do put up a jump to the drive it's often long after the people that were going to jump it have already seen it and planned out builds. To an extent you can say I put up jumps so those people can include it in an official build. If less people even find my jumps in the first place, I consider that a great success.

Frankly speaking, regarding jumpmaking, I don't really see anything worthy of praise. You don't praise a janitor for taking the garbage. You don't praise a clerk for processing your groceries. My jumpmaking isn't anything worthy of praise, just another thing I do. Sure, I'll appreciate the comments, but that's about it. That's speaking strictly for me. I don't put much effort relatively into jumpmaking. I've put more effort into learning French and English. (neither of those are my native languages)

Criticism in the case of things like Muyo/Disgaea and GSS were incidents were I got literally frustrated and actually decided to engage instead of just telling people to fuck off because the jump wasn't made for them. Yeah, I'll certainly acknowledge them, because they struck on things that pissed me off. So if you feel that I acknowledge criticism moreso than praise, that's generally why.

I've said it to some folks in IRC before. If I could just slip jumps onto the drive without releasing them on the thread I would, but there's a system in place, so I'll respect it.
>>
>>44102908
their attempted collab with /tg/ on jumpchain was an abject failure, and as such they act as the more "culturally acceptable" alternative to blaming shit on IRC
>>
>>44103276
I'm just going to ignore your self deprecation for a moment and address something of note.

>If I could just slip jumps onto the drive without releasing them on the thread I would, but there's a system in place, so I'll respect it.

Thank you for not doing this. Seriously, thank fuck you don't do this. With the number of jumps we have, there's no way we would be able to notice new entries if they weren't posted here first.
>>
>>44103074
But what increased range of usage does that give you?
>>
>>44103342
Eh. You can thank Valeria for that. She's pretty much smacked me around silly (figuratively) for even considering it. I've basically tried to make sure that I only release jumps when thread is in autosage so that it doesn't get too much attention. Doesn't actually end up that way half the time due to timing.

I dunno, we're in /tg/, and in /jc/, the most common recurring themes are 40k, Worm, and Nasu. I've always just thought that if I'm going to make a jump of a setting that people won't remember, won't jump anyways, and the friends that I was making the jump for are already aware of the jump's existence...

Well then why waste people's time and announce it? If they didn't notice them it'd certainly make my life a whole lot easier.
>>
>>44103426
Okay, the way you're saying this makes me curious. Forgive me if I strike a nerve, or if I'm probing too deeply, but-

Are you absolutely sure you're not suffering from chronic depression? I've met people who are, and they all talk like this.
>>
>>44103368
Lets me take jumps off and modify them as I see fit, or just take jumps off completely if I want to let somebody else take a stab at making it and they'll do a better job than me. Obviously it's not going to happen, but that's the increased range of usage.
>>
What do you put in your power armor /JC/? What are your weapons and movement systems?
>>
>>44103466
Depression? No. I have a case of Avoidant that's a bit more prominent in real life than it is online, and I've been brought up with the notion that you should avoid things like praise and personal accomplishment, so downplaying things is just a personal habit. If anything, my parents taught me that my expectations for myself should always be leagues higher than anyone else's expectations for me, and if I ever end up feeling satisfied, I'm probably falling behind already.

It's a sort of nice lifestyle anyways, I fly under the radar, I don't get noticed much, and people just sort of drift on by. I make enough to make ends meet, and evidently have enough time on my hands to do a bit of hobby writing like this.

Like I said, most of the times with jumps, by the time thread sees them I've already had people peer review it once, hence why I label them all as "courtesy posts" and try to keep things as discreet as possible.
>>
>>44103426
>I dunno, we're in /tg/, and in /jc/, the most common recurring themes are 40k, Worm, and Nasu. I've always just thought that if I'm going to make a jump of a setting that people won't remember, won't jump anyways,
Yes, Dirge, nobody cares about anything but 40K, Worm and Nasu. That's why we have, what, 500 jumps of various settings? Of which there's what, 110 that are imaged (none of which are from those 3 settings)?
No, if you look deeper, you'll find what /tg/ really loves is giant robots and planes. 40K? Titans. Worm? Endbringers are close enough. Nasu? Servants are basically mana constructs, and look at how much Rider and Herc are loved.
>>
>>44102364
Nah. I disagree. Never liked Babylon 5 itself. Was never anything close to decent.

And have you seen The Bay?
>>
>>44103598
I said the most common recurring themes were 40k, Nasu, and Worm, not that people don't care about anything besides that. I have friends in this community too, if those were the only things they cared about I wouldn't even bother with making jumps in the first place.

But my point wasn't so much that, more so that when I never intended these jumps to be jumped except by certain people, it didn't make much sense to publicize and advertise them. I generally still have to suppress the desire to tell people to go elsewhere/reroll when they roll/get tossed to one of my jumps accidentally on IRC.
>>
>>44103135
>>44103215
Okay, assuming that you have a way to tell them without anyone else being able to exploit it (ahahaha) via surveillance/telepathy/magic/whatever, here's a small selection:

Tenchi Misaki, Tenchi Muyo.
Adam Jensen, Deus Ex HR.
Saitama, One Punch.
Frodo, Middle Earth.
Hercules, The Legendary Journeys.
Jackie Chan, Jackie Chan Adventures.

Someone else already mentioned Supes, but while I'd trust the big boy scout too, I still wouldn't say anything to him or anyone else in the DC or Marvel settings, just because of the ludicrous number of nigh-omniscient beings cluttering the landscape...

And, of course, while I'd trust them, _they_ might not trust _you_. Are you a trustworthy jumper, anon?
>>
>>44103783
Well, if "physically incapable of treachery" counts, then yes?
>>
File: photo.png (134KB, 349x349px) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
134KB, 349x349px
A little help for someone not well versed in the pokeworld ... what do Gardevoir psichic powers look like? I mean what is his cap in power on telekinesis and telepathy?
Same question for Aura really, what it does and which is better, psionic or aura?
>>
Clover, is there any downside to actually knowing Mr. Eaten's name before Jumping? And knowing his entire history?

>>44101644
The IRC in particular gives a lot of people enough shit to drive them away. Mostly because there are a few people with the attitude of "if I don't like someone, it's okay to be an asshole to them. Even if they're not the same way."

Not to mention the chronic fear that somebody else will show up and become the next Tera.
>>
>>44103135
Most shonen protagonists though some of them may or may not use it to have fun (i'm looking at you Luffy)
>>
>>44104050
Look up what episodes they're in the anime, then go to Serebii or Smogon or whatever and look up what their movelists are.

Aura is mainly more magic ki. Lots of punching, kicking, hopping about, and lasers and energy pulses. Sometimes of elemental flavor.

Psychic is what you'd expect from psychic powers, pretty much. Most of it has representation there. Lots of esoteric effects like status infliction and teleportation to top of telekinesis and waves of brain energy.

Basically it's mid range technical fighter vs. close-mid beatdown fighter. Neither is better, they're different styles entirely with their own niche. Now, combining them...
>>
>>44102046
You're gonna have a baaaad time.
>>
>>44104110
Just to be clear, will i be able to do that sort of stuff (status infliction/teleport etc.) or it's just telekinesis and telepathy with the capstone perk?
>>
>>44104050
Well, looking at Gardevoir's learnset and looking at all the Psychic-type moves it can learn, you've got Psybeam (mind lasers!), Psychic (which the anime always shows as smacking people into walls via telekinesis), Confusion (give your opponent a headache bad enough he starts hitting himself), Hypnosis (make people fall asleep), Dream Eater (steal people's dreams to heal yourself), Future Sight (shoot mindbullets a short distance through time into the future so they'll hit even if you faint before then), and a few others - but that's only if it gives you a Gardevoir's Psychic moveset.

If it's just TK and Telepathy, Gardevoir can apparently read its Trainer's emotions even while petrified/in stasis (the one that Hunter J stole), and its telekinesis is at least strong enough to lift a ten-year-old child without issue, and some heavier Pokemon with enough effort.

Actually, what's the heaviest Pokemon we've ever seen a Psychic-type lift in the anime? I think it was an Onix, but I could be wrong.
>>
>>44104117
Nobody is quite sure. As I remember it, you don't really do pokemon moves as such, like you don't "Use Psychic" yourself, but the extent of what effects your powers can have is unclear.
>>
>>44103783
>Frodo, Middle Earth.
Seems like a bad idea given how he gets in Mordor.
>>
>>44104117
>>44104127

People using psychic powers to teleport in the pokemon anime is canon(Sabrina's father in the first season), if that answers that question
>>
>>44104115
I'm just surprised he updated a Jump that old, and one with a setting so... absurd.
>>
>>44104166
It got an update, so why not update the jump too?
>>
-Year 11 DLC 2: Taking Showers Hot Enough to Kill Fungal Spores- [+100 CP]
Team: Dust Rats, The Support and Salvage Vehicle
Gubbins and Dakka: Omely Bitz [2 Toilets, 4 Seats, Windshields, Small Kitchen, 4 Bunks, 5 foods, 2 Fuel Tanks] (-525), Extra Armer (-50),
Big Fat Tires (-50), Red Paint (-50), Bigga Fuel Tank (-75), Dozer Blade (-75), Proper Suspenshen (-100), Armered Fuel Tank (-100), Dokkin Bitz (-100),
2 Multilasers (-400), 2 Lascannon (-400), Heavy Bolter (-200)
Extra Vehicles: Light Recce Vehicle (-500) + Skorcha (-375)
Reward: Gitfinda

I'm trying to enjoy my mid-morning tea when the door to my office is burst open by some raving lunatic carrying an enginseer on his shoulder.
>"Nobby, Nobby, you'll never guess what we found."
>"What I found."
>Didn't I lock you in prison?
>"Well, you're a tyrant and a bastard."
>I'm aware.
The coup wasn't unexpected. The Wargar were never happy being constantly on the defensive and being gone for a month sealed the deal. I just didn't expect one of my companions to be leading it, let alone someone I've known for over a century. Then again, he was the most vocally against my oftentimes harsh treatment of the other members of the War Council. Especially after he took up with a Wargar "princess".

Like I wouldn't expect my enemies to come for me after a long stint away from home. The trap that locked the small contingent of warriors inside one of the cargo bays went off without a hitch, though they had to re-plan around the surgery.

>"Anyway, Behold!"
I did expect him to forget about it, eventually. He's never held a grudge for longer than a year. Just thought that he'd want some sort of revenge first. Then again, this might be it.
>"A crashed enemy ship nearby."
>"Possibly with my future wife on it"
>what
>"Are you really going to let his future wife die just because I tried to capture you."
>To kill me.
He set the Enginseer down and handed me the read-out. I looked it over.
>Your fiance is dead.
>>
>>44103144
Only if he never feels like using it is essential. He'll put the people of the earth first.
>>
>>44103135
Optimus Prime if you didn't take the Strong Spark drawback.
A Series 800/850 Terminator that has been programmed to protect you.
>>
>>44104136
Well, yeah. But you're there for ten years, you've (presumably) got plenty of time to tell him /after/ you've helped him deafeat Sauron (thus incidentally earning Frodo's trust).
>>
>>44104054
As long as you don't do anything with it, it won't do anything.

Okay, seriously his name was Mr _nopes_. If you already know it, good for you, because it DOESN'T MATTER. No magic spells, no resurrections, no curses. The Masters will hate you if you air their history, and those other guys.

What matters is the journey, and the process, which will result in sacrificing more and more of yourself. Until, you are eaten. Mr Eaten. But it is very easy to turn back.
>>
Jumpers I need help I love the ascetic of the Grim Reaper. Is there anyway to be the grim reaper without dying or selling my soul?
>>
>>44104396
Ascetic, or aesthetic? If you just want a supernatural form based on the Grim Reaper, then I totally suggest buying the Cast Aside This Vessel capstone perk from the Swords & Sorcery jump.
>>
>>44104396
buy a black hooded robe and a scythe
>>
>>44104396
The Nightmare Before Christmas has the spoopy skelly alt-form for you.

Then get Dark Binding from Helsing, and then
>>44104530
>>
>>44103135
Why do you have something like that in the first place?

Is it some sort of last ditch effort to resist mindfuckery or what?
>>
>>44104633
Mostly as a failsafe in case I'm about to do something REALLY stupid and need to be stopped NOW.
>>
File: storytimepls.jpg (76KB, 625x374px) Image search: [Google]
storytimepls.jpg
76KB, 625x374px
>>44104639
>>
>>44104639
There is not. If you're doing something that stupid, you'll find a way to do it before that password could be spoken, or by silencing/sending away said protagonist.
>>
>>44104225
The trail of unconscious or injured bodies revealed a route straight to the landing pad, where two ships were waiting: One of the Light of Terra's landing ships, and one from the orbital platform. The enginseer known as Rukta, a Voidwalker by birth, had started shouting as soon as he got off the vessel about how he needed to see me immediately, and Chimmy was happy to oblige. It didn't hurt that he was a well-known traitor.
>"The way I count it, this puts us even on the whole who-got-who-thrown-in-jail thing"
>You got yourself thrown in jail.
>"Well, I'm out now."
>...You know what? Fine. You're working for me, though. And none of your usual "let's do everything together" bullshit. I don't want you close enough to stab me in the back again. Capiche?
>"Capisco"

Learning what we picked up near that unholy star helped me realize how much salvage could help the nation. We tore through the machine graveyard after my recovery. An AdMech ship was bound to have something of worth, and space hulks are usually full of neat toys. This time, though, I was staying on the ship and Chimmy was dealing with Orks, Eldar assassins, other scavengers, and things that would hopefully kill him.

Hopefully. I couldn't kill him and expect to keep the loyalty of my other companions, I couldn't keep him alive without risking another hare-brained scheme that would end in countless deaths. But if there was one fucker luckier than me, it was him.

When I said that we should turn the Litany around, having seen the crash-site and Orks, and started mentally debating a formal execution, the world exploded into electricity and I was suddenly elsewhere.

>"Boss! Boss! We's firin' dat Gitfinda now Boss!"
>>
>>44103783
>Tenchi Masaki

Considering how many people have tried to up and kill Zion I'm surprised this guy doesn't get nearly as many Jumper death threats.
>>
>>44104651
Charging alone into Arizona to wage a crusade against Caesar's Legion is one of those Bad Idea things.

Other Bad Ideas include attempting to detonate my own power core to kill a dragon, setting course for Mariejois, and attempting to connect my consciousness to the Internet.
>>
>>44104430
sorry it's late and I should have gone to bed by now and I meant Aesthetic.
>>
>>44104693
It might be because he is a fairly nice guy compared to the other things Jumpers are trying to kill.
>>
>>44104724
I don't get the impression "nice" is as prevalent a factor in determining Jumper mercy relative to "waifuable".

I just don't get it; killing him would be an order of magnitude more to boast about than killing Zion.

Or for that matter, a Celestial/Beyonder/Watcher from Marvel instead of some sucker space whale who's bound by multiverse physics.
>>
>>44104759
Maybe, but "being the big bad of the setting that will destroy you and everything else in it for shits and giggles if not stopped" tends to overshadow both factors.
>>
>>44104791
Point.

Though if we're going to play it that way, the BBEGs of Tenchi Muyo could probably solo Zion given the motivation.
>>
>>44104759
The watcher is suicidal, it's not actually a challenge so long as you have a weapon potent enough. As for everything else in Marvel, just use molecule man as an improvised explosive device.
>>
File: you'll get no sympathy from me.jpg (77KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
you'll get no sympathy from me.jpg
77KB, 1920x1080px
>>44104707
> Charging alone into Arizona to wage a crusade against Caesar's Legion is one of those Bad Idea things.

That's a funny way of spelling Good Idea, anon.

I count the corpses on my left, I find I'm not so tidy
So I better get away, better make it today
I've cut twenty-three down since Friday
>>
>>44104813
>just use molecule man as an IED

Now where was THIS idea back in the day when people were flinging around dumb, dumb ideas to overcome Scion with firepower instead of magic?
>>
>>44104838
I think a lot of those discussions were before Doom used a near infinite number of versions of molecule man as IEDs against the beyonders.
>>
>>44104877
And just as I thought Doom literally becoming God creating his own multiverse and oneshotting Thanos was the most insane thing I'd heard from Secret Wars
>>
>>44105000
So glad that doesn't happen during the jump. It's already going to be crazy enough.
>>
>>44104674
The Dustrats seemed the obvious choice. They were desperate, they had a machine that didn't run on faith, and they wouldn't go running off to kill each other every few minutes or over something silly. I hoped, at least. The thing with humans is you can't trust them, but Orks you can trust to do the thing that will lead to their next fight.

And then there's Chimmy. You could trust him to do the bravest thing possible, regardless of it making any sense. Diving into the dungeons to rescue pokemon was the same as taking a redesigned orbital drop-pod down to the surface after learning I ended up in Mektown, just to drop off a powerful vox-caster that could reach the ship and get us rescued and a couple boxes of supplies. That was actually kind of touching. Of course, he was trapped down here with us until I satisfied my debt with Abak.

The initial design for the SSV had a simple goal: just don't stop. Plow through whatever you can, fire while moving, and refuel regularly. We would sleep onboard the SSV, eat on it, shit out the windows, and crush anything that got in our way, whether it be ork or mutant or dinosaur. The Light Recce Vehicle is to be used both in combat and as emergency back-up vehicle. That is, until we learned one of Chimmy's box of supplies included his CD collection to "keep us sane". We spent the better part of the afternoon splicing his cd player into the radio system of the Light Recce Vehicle. The trip was supposed to take a little over 4 weeks total, but we could cut it down to 3 if we only stopped when strictly necessary. We'd be too far ahead by day 18 for losing to be anything more than a dream.

Race Day 1: Most of the racers didn't make it past the starting line. A brawl had broken out when Snidely tried to plant a bom in Baus's Triple Kan, at which point Da Red Grot took advantage of the chaos to steal the engine out of the Squig's vehicle. The resulting explosion took out Doomrider. Who knows about the rest.
>>
I see people complaining about how MiB did the Xiaolin jump.

I don't see any issue with it. I mean, Heylin magic could be a problem but it says "Over time", but never says how much time. Arguably it could take thousands of years to do the planetary lock and that is more fair.

Still, Bleach, Code Geass, Deadman Wonderland and whatever ZnT is? It's like he was kind off trying to block popular settings from jumping.

Okay, guys, here's what you do. If Reborn Anon reappears, don't immediately shit on his jumps. Try to offer help with it as long as he
A) provides some sort of method of knowing when he will appear or just to talk to him, I don't know how you plan to do it on 4chan but JUST DO IT.
B) Get him to rescind the claim on jump and either work with him from scratch or make the jump yourself or such but TEACH Reborn so that he sees how such improvements should be made
>>
>>44105319
People have tried. It's not worked. Last anyone heard of him was that he was trying to remake the Bleach jump to be better, with several offers to help, but he hasn't appeared since.
>>
>>44105331
And then Reborn shall come.

With a Bleach jump that is finally good and fair and people will like it.

And moon shall turn crimson
>>
>>44105346
Here's hoping, but it's been roughly half a year since I last saw him even on the IRC.
>>
SO WHAT IS THE ISSUE WITH XIAOLIN jump?

I mean, It was explicitly said that in terms of Heylin magic, Wuya was an exception, the best. She was a reality warper but the perk doesn't say you become straight up reality warper. The planetary body lock is implied to be the height of power. It's not like you don't such powerful things later, and even then it implies you need time to get as strong to get planetary lock.

This is not OP
>>
Although Deadman wonderland has drop-in lack any discounts at all holy crap. And you get so much stuff as the Uber Priest or Scientist.

Yeaaah.
>>
>>44105356
I personally have no clue what the setting even is, so I'm not too sure if this is accurate, but I think people had very different ideas regarding what the limit of powers was really intended to be, and well Reborn isn't around to clarify too much. Generally from what I understand people's issues with Reborn's style is that he doesn't go into enough detail.

Wuxia stuff wise I was kinda tempted a ways back to do a Legend of the Condor Heroes/Two Swords jump, then I realized we have generic wuxia that made it into a roll setting. I suppose that really just about covers over everything wuxia.
>>
>>44105356
Probably the usual stuff. A fair amount of generic options (Though definitely better then the rest of his jumps), most of the perks and items having very bare descriptions (Again, for the perks that relate to this series this is mostly much better). I would say the drawbacks give a lot more points then most are really worth

It's definitely not as bad as his worst ones like Deadman or ZnT, but I wouldn't go further then average.

>>44105383
Just put this all into one post man.
>>
In the pokemon world, i can assume i make money beating people like in the vidya?
>>
>>44105383
Deadman Wonderland is a WIP, it really shouldn't be in a Completed folder.
>>
>>44105413
What does ZnT stand for.

And to be fair, you CAN'T really do much in Xiaolin Showdown considering what it is, how the powers are, etc. Beyond Shen Gong Wu, you only have martial arts + Elemental Powers and Heylin stuff. Chase Young had his stuff from the soup he drank so arguably that could be an item. But other than that? There's not much
>>
>>44105526
Zero no Tsukaima/Familiar of Zero
>>
>>44105294
Race Day 2: Destraine has found the Voxcaster. I fear we will never get it back. She just talks and talks and talks to someone aboard the Litany, I suspect Rukta from the occasional noise that gets through from the other end. I'm not sure how she navigates and carries on these conversations at the same time. Driving is split between Soehorn, Rafnik, and myself in 10 hour shifts. Sykes and Chimmy are on lookout, with Chimmy being kept on the roof as often as possible. When he's not there, he's relaxing in the LRV, playing something that we're surprised to find the whole crew understands.

Did jumpchan change the CDs to High Gothic? How the fuck am I talking to people without her guidance?

I decide to avoid that line of questioning for now. It's not worth pursuing without her here to answer.

Race Day 5: This whole place stinks of cigarellos, my back hurts, constant travel sucks and this was a terrible plan. I trade driving duties with Chimmy, who seems to have a fear of turning.

Sykes spots the approaching Gretchin Revolutionary Vehicle before I can, probably because he's paying attention. It's a massive sailing ship on massive wheels. I'd be in awe if the creatures piloting it were worth a damn. Sykes takes his gunner's position at a multilaser and starts firing immediately, the Gretchin are quick to respond in kind. They start out poorly, losing some of their six dozen or so crew until they start gaining ground. Chimmy is woken up and made to man the Skorcha on the LRV, and as we activate it Earth, Wind, and Fire blares out, startling him to full awareness. A bolt pierces the side of the SSV as we exit, nearly crushed beneath the massive sailboat. They think less of us than they do the orks, I judge from their shouting. The Skorcha thinks highly of the giant dry cactus they call a vehicle. It slows to a stop long before we stop hearing their screams.

Chimmy seemed delighted to be spitting fire again. He won't shut up about it.
>>
>>44105595
Race Day 7: I can't enter the dockin' bay anymore. The skorcha lets off the most awful fumes. Chimmy still listens to music in there, breathing dry desert air and flies through the ballista holes in the side.

Day 8: I'm still on lookout duty while refueling. When I'm trying to figure out if Abak Manyfingaz is a real pimp, and if so what does he pimp, I notice the mutants coming up out of the ground like daisies. I can't tell if they were human or ork or gretchin. The sizes vary. Everyone was quick to pick a gun and start firing until a few were dead but most were scared away. Definitely human, then.

Day 10: Symm actually got off the Vox-Caster today, citing being in a fight with Rukta. Citing it repeatedly and in great detail. I tell her to talk to Chimmy about it, where she quickly passes out from the fumes and the habit of not breathing for extended periods of time. Refnik moves her to a bunk for safekeeping, hoping sleep will help.

Day 15: The colossal thing that catches up with us is something I'd hoped had been slow. There are more Orks on it than there has any right to be. The driver is blind, from what we can tell. They fire their noisy guns without concern for a target, dinging the side of the machine. The army on this thing is heavy, but the bits that get through the ballista holes aren't helping anything. Eventually one sparks and we lose the dockin' bitz to a skorcha accident. By the time they pull up close, Chimmy is incensed. And then I remember the radio.

The giant warmachine can't squish us, though it tries. It pulls up next to us, ignoring Sykes shots with the Lascannon, close enough to launch a spring powered board at us that somehow digs in enough for the Orks to walk over.
>Chimmy, if you can kill the driver, I'll give you a seat on the War Council
Orks don't fight very skillfully. Chimmy is a 161 year old master martial artist. They'd be about even if the orks cared at all about staying on the vehicle. He's a councilman now.
>>
>>44105806
>councilman
>orkz

I can only assume the council as a whole is basically Senator Armstrong's vision of a new America, but greener.
>>
>>44105861
>but greener.
Well, green is basically the opposite of red, right?
>>
>>44105921
That's not how you spell blue.

Question about Bastion: Is Mantic energy magic or science or what? Exactly how good is it at er, blocking out things?
>>
>>44105806
Race Day 21: Symm has been removed from navigator duty on the grounds that she took us the prettiest route. From what we can tell, it's a straight shot to the finish line anyway, though it takes 4 more days. She doesn't seem too devastated until we put her on lookout duty and don't let her have the vox. Turns out all the best sights are behind us. All I saw was different color rocks and crashed ships, she seems insulted by the suggestion that's not beautiful and pouts.

Day 24. The Squiggoth is on the horizon, and I am again terrified. When I first saw it at the starting line I had assumed it was the stands. It stayed behind to eat the squabbling racers and their vehicles.

There is naught to do but drive at this point, and believe in whatever people believe in out here. Psychic greenskin gods of angry football announcers, please keep it the fuck away from us.

Day 24, Part 2: We've been firing at it for the better part of the evening to little effect. It's stopped going for the goal and started giving chase. We fucked up. I'm sorry.

Day 25: The finish line was less than a mile away when Soehorn had an idea. He parked and we dove for it. The squiggoth took ten minutes to finish the SSV and it's various parts, but by then I had crossed the finish line on foot. Not that we stopped running, of course. A pissed gargantuan squiggoth is not a thing you ever stop running from. The crowd went wild, started destroying things, and were content to ignore us. Then Abak's orks show up and take us to his base.

Chimmy's first decision as a councilman is that he wants a giant eyeball attached to the Light of Terra, to which Abak agrees before I can disagree.

He survived all three of my attempts to get him killed by something, and seems to not want me dead now somehow. Nothing that asshole does adds up and it's frustrating as hell.
>>
>>44106065
What a lovely race. Good stuff. I like seeing how people fared in different jumps and LoT is a good one for it, what with the different parts and all.

Uh.... Who was chimmy again?
>>
>>44106349
*What a lovely day

ONE.

JOB.
>>
File: Madcelt.jpg (196KB, 850x601px) Image search: [Google]
Madcelt.jpg
196KB, 850x601px
>>44106065
>>
>>44106379
I thought about saying that. Then I decided since the day counter created 20 I would tacitly acknowledge that by referring to the entire race rather than the dlc name
>>
What is the best way to make my monsters be able to grow ridiculously big, ridiculously quickly? I want to make small monsters that ignore pesky things like mass and available matter and simply grow. I want this to be a 'natural' part of the species, so magic and technological procedures would only work if it leaves the species able to do it in subsequent generations, so I don't have to go around enchanting or operating on all of them to give them this ability.
>>
>>44106065
This, Elonanon - things like this are why we don't break the Deadlight.
>>
>>44105319
>Still, Bleach, Code Geass, Deadman Wonderland and whatever ZnT is? It's like he was kind off trying to block popular settings from jumping.
If they're popular settings, wouldn't it make sense for him to be interested in making them? Popular means "a lot of people like this," so it's not surprising that he, in turn, would like those settings.

Also, I really don't see this plan working - it assumes her come back to the community after all this time and negativity, shitnonymouses wouldn't jump down his throat, he'd actually be interested in putting in work to fix them or that someone competent gets them, and shitnonymouses wouldn't immediately sperg out that their "five jumps become a God" trick just got broken because a bad jump became a good jump. None of these are things which we've had any luck with in the past.
>>
>>44106634
Except the more popular a thing is, the more it annoys people who are just not into what the anime is about or who were just annoyed by its fans. Thus increasing dislike.

And at least the plan is better than nothing

And honestly, if your plan to become a God relied on the current Bleach jump, I just lack words
>>
Correct me if I'm wrong but is the best method to do settings that have a lot of "custom" powers like jojo or bleach or transistor... Is simply to make a few example powers and mention a bit creative freedom for a higher cost?
>>
>>44106691
Depends on how much freedom you give. For something like Bleach, with Zanpakutou that are meant to represent your very soul, having it limited to a few set options is very off feeling. I think Stands work on similar principles but I've never seen Jojo. It does seem to generally do alright from what I see in thread.
>>
>>44106680
You know what I mean, though. People always freak out when Jumps are changed, even if it's by the person who made the Jump.

I think we're probably just going to have to accept the fact that we have some shitty jumps that don't pass basic standards of quality, and just get over it.
>>
>>44106708
I don't know much about Bleach, but I suspect Stands are far weirder than Zanpakutous considering they can go from stopping time to shouting words into physical phenomena to immortal blob monsters that survive their owners' deaths to a sword that can bypass dimensions and is also sentient to turning iron spikes into balloon animals.
>>
>>44106680

>And honestly, if your plan to become a God relied on the current Bleach jump, I just lack words

A plan to become a God using Bleach would probably go like this

Step 1. Figure out plan.
Step 2. Become a God
Step 3. Get punched in the face by one of the newly reveal Double Super Ultra Plus Gods.
Step 4.Repeat step 3 till Step 2 is no longer relevant at all.
>>
>>44106827
Dunno man, you seen some of the shit that's going on recently? Fucking with conceptual levels like changing people's names to change the people.
>>
>>44106941
Just once I'd like to see an action-oriented anime where the hero doesn't get a brand new superpower from nowhere that renders everything they could do beforehand meaningless, and just has a gradual progression in their abilities where each new trick feels like a refinement of skill rather than a gift from Heaven.

Is that really so much to ask?
>>
>>44106941
This.

This is why the overwhelmingly mass majority of shounen is complete and utter shit. It doesn't have to be lazy storytelling, but more often than not it is nothing more than that.
>>
>>44107050
Honestly? I'd say One Piece fits that bill mostly well. Most of the powers the protagonists have are just extensions on their original ability they gained through experimentation and it's mostly unheard of for asspulls.
>>
>>44107050
Jojo part 1? Or part 2?

Or part 7?
>>
>>44107050
>a gradual progression in their abilities where each new trick feels like a refinement of skill rather than a gift from Heaven

I know this sounds insane but hear me out-I think that's actually pretty accurate for Team Dai-Gurren as a whole, if you take Simon as an outlier.

If you think about Spiral Energy as a metaphor for progress as well as determination, you can notice that as Team Dai-Gurren study and reverse engineer more and more of Lordgenome's tech they gradually get the know-how and skill to build better robots. There's plenty of scenes during the Anti-Spiral Invasion arc where Leeron and Laite get to babble about how their technology is using Spiral Energy to do all sorts of things more complex than drilling.
>>
>>44107118
Did the mid-series introduction of Haki as a way of fighting incorporeal stand users slip your mind?
>>
>>44107050
Maybe Boku no Hero Academia? I think it's been pretty good about that kind of stuff so far, but it's also not terribly far along yet.
>>
>>44107184
Did it being foreshadowed throughout earlier parts of the series, all the way back to Skypiea, and it remaining consistently important slip yours? A show can introduce new things without them being asspulls anon, and Haki has remained a vital part since it was introduced.
>>
>>44107167
Part 1 I'll agree with you on.

Part 2 is iffier, given a lot of problems could've been solved if they just broke that damn stone instead of waiting for depending on Perfect Kars delivering juuuuust the right Hamon from the right angle to blast himself off into space. Not to mention there's a thin line between asspulls and pure skill for Joseph at the best of times

Part 7 I don't even know. On the one hand, Johnny does rely on wits 'n Spin, and he does take some hard hits along the way. On the other hand, all bets are off when Jesus is involved.
>>
>>44107203
Er, small correction anon. The earliest use of Busoshoku Haki was just after Water 7 by Garp to bypass Luffy's rubber abilities, a little later then Skypiea. Still way before it's official appeaance tho
>>
>>44107208
Don't mess with us, got Jesus on my neck-lus
>>
>>44107208
Jesus is alright though. I mean, he's the asspull magnet, that's why everyone's trying to gather up his parts and shit. So they can abuse the powers of "touch my corpse and get some superpowers"
>>
>>44107235
>>44107246
Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm down with the big J, if only because all the crackpot theories about what that implies about Made in Heaven and whether GER successfully tanked it or not amuse me. I do hope He plays a big role in part 8 later down the line.

It's just, anon specifically said he didn't want plot twists that seemed like a gift from Heaven so....I figured that Jesus literally floating around like a disembodied Stand would count.
>>
>>44107266
Eh, I'll accept the big J, because corpse parts basically are the plot, although the introduction of the Golden Rectangle and the Super Dimension-Breaking Spin smack of random Shonen powerups and "fuck, I made the big bad too hardcore," respectively.
>>
Question: Does Nolan's The Dark Knight trilogy count as a continuity unto itself or does it fall under DC jump?
>>
>>44107419
DC's mostly the comics, so stuff that isn't Pre Crisis, Post Crisis or New 52 should all be open game.
>>
Transistor Jump:

Drop in would essentially be what the Man in Transistor was before he was put into transistor. I am thinking of perks of Drop in, due to that, revolving around being not detected, unrestricted access, Breaches like his function said.

Regular Cloudbank citizen... I am thinking of having a dedicated Function to you, and it seems functions are based on personality and actions and the other way around, it seems? So the Cloudbank citizen origin would focus around the Functions, their usage and related skills, maybe possibility of having two functions at once. I don't know if I should just give some examples like with Servants from Type Moon jump or stands from Jojo and leave it open to what else can be done or instead focus on existing functions from the game.

Camerata would, well, I'm thinking about leadership and democracy, along with underhanded tactics due to how they tried to assimilate people who tried to rile people up to try to change cloudbank. I would include research on Process or Transistor too, although that might be for items, unsure.

Process, though. Revolving around the process abilities and various enemies along with LIMITERS, to symbolize you taking some perks as taking off the limiters of yourself, as that is what the difficulty boosting limiters were, they took limiters off from the Process. There might be some control of other process or at least of a summonable amount along with the terraforming of terrain the way they did. Can't work on water, as mentioned. Essentially like a virus.

It is implied Turn() ability is inherent only to Transistor, I might make a pseudo-transistor or actual one be an expensive item, but make it limited so you can't just lol control all the Process, unless you were to place it in Cradle... hm, unsure. Remember that it was said that when Transistor is for extended periodds of time not in the Cradle, it might lose ability to control Process the way it did in game.

Thoughts? Ideas? Come on people
>>
File: one piece foreshadowing.png (2MB, 780x1200px) Image search: [Google]
one piece foreshadowing.png
2MB, 780x1200px
>>44107219
>>44107203
Haki was used as early as chapter 1.
>>
>>44107458
Never played. Would you recommend it?
>>
>>44107493
Well, Haoshoku Haki was. The rest came later. Still early enough for Oda to remain as the man who never forgets anything.
>>
>>44107493
Was it? Or did he just come up with the idea later on in the series, and retcon it so that rather than scaring off the fish by being a stone cold badass, he scared it through Haki?
>>
>>44107521
Mantra that was used in Skypedia is Haki.
>>
>>44107538
Yes, it's almost like that was pointed out just a few posts above.
>>
>>44107528
Either he foreshadowed it or he used it to create a fairly important ability later on in the series. Either way it's a credit to him.
>>
>>44107458
Right off the bat-I think it'd be best to represent all of those with dual perk trees like in Worm to reflect the groups' nuances.

About the Camerata: given their MO and the themes of the game I would emphasise emotional manipulation, subtorfuge and control of public perception over leadership in general for the social perks. So you could have one perk line (100/300/600?) to reflect the scientific/bureaucratic aspects of the Camerata and one to reflect the emotional/order-obsessed aspects.

For Drop-Ins, I'd go for one about freedom/lack of detection, and one for out of context advantages, maybe some meta stuff like a free soundtrack or access to your own little virtual beach? Not a warehouse unto itself of course-just somewhere you can go to be alone, train and relax.

So with Cloudbank citizens-I would give some canon examples, but leave a bit of leeway since it's clear the abilities are influenced by the citizens' specific mindsets. So-one line for Functions, and another line for survival/camaraderie in the face of the end of the world/being the best damned pizza chef or whatever in your field?

I like where you're going with Process, and you seem to know what you're doing there.
>>
2nd Jump: Modern Action Movie (rolled)
Nobody (drop-in)
-600 Still got it
-400 Custom side arm
no drawbacks:

I wake up in what it looks like a poorly lit warehouse with a handgun beside me. The first thing I notice is that I got my leg back: “Good lord I missed you leg". All my gear from Pokemon is also with me. Around me there are only empty shelves and a strange bright blue portal. The gun, a big revolver, looks incredibly cool all silver shiny and black; it feels incredible on the hand but I can't open the magazine, I wonder if it can shoot. I decide to do a bit of testing and to my surprise this weapon has almost no recoil (not that I have any experience firing actual guns) and apparently can fire an unlimited amount of bullets; I've fired almost 100 times and it can still go. After exploring the place a little bit I decide there is nothing here to see, nothing at all in fact, except two strange looking "person sized" things and empty shelves. There is nothing left to do but to cross the portal and so I do, I close my eyes and in a moment I’m outside and the portal closes behind me. It seems I’m a city, a fairly big city at that. After an hour walking and exploring I assess that this is in fact Boston, I’m In America right now and it seems I’m in my original world too but I’m not sure yet, I didn't see anything strange except an high speed car chase; but this is America after all so it should be normal. I need to try and contact my family but I've no money, this could be a problem. Just while I'm thinking that I come across 5 thugs on the side of the street, they have Russian accent and are clearly dealing some sort of drug. I put down my Pokemon cap to cover my face and approach them. "Please hand all your money over to me" ... they laugh.
>>
>>44107561
>>44107458
As there may be some overlap with citizen and Camerata, I feel I should clarify my thoughts on how to distinguish them:

The ideal citizen should be about opening doors, influencing the world through honest communication and through flair at a certain talent involving creativity-or maybe cultivating creativity in general

The ideal Camerata member would excel in enforcing conformity, using information as a weapon and manipulating other peoples' talents to serve their own ends.
>>
>>44107498
Fuckin play it. It's amazing. I think personally that it's better than Bastion and I like it's design.

>>44107561
Thank you, this will help a bit. Didn't think of the dual perk trees, was rather focused on single perk line, like how Darksiders did it.

Now, mind you, what do you think about the Pseudo-Transistor item?

I am thinking of it having a SMALL amount of control over Process around you. How it differs from the Process perk tree? Process perk tree would be like being a necromancer or a summoner in this case. Pseudo-Transistor is you Turning or Rebuking Undead(Process)
>>
>>44107562
Using my marine hand to hand combat training I attack them, taking down two of them before the others have a chance to react. Caught by surprise the others come at me, one take out a knife but I’m still stronger and knock him out. One of the two left pull out a gun while I’m taking out with a sleeper hold the other one. I immediately use my telekinesis to toss his gun away and knock him against the wall, taking him out. After browsing through their pockets I gather a little more than 900 dollars ... not bad. After that I look for a clothing store to get some new clothes to disguise in case the thugs are searching for me or something. I get 200 dollars’ worth of clothes and change immediately. And look for a place to spend the night. I check in in a lousy motel, good thing they didn’t ask questions. I’ve got no ID and I’m a foreigner here, so no green card or papers. That night I start wondering about that warehouse, what was that place and how did I get there, well it’s not the strangest thing that’s happened to me lately. While I was wondering about that the blue portal opens up in the wall of my room. I cross it and I’m inside that warehouse again. After a bit of testing I get the hang of it, I can now open and close the portal at will. I guess this can be used for storing, for now I’ll leave there the clothes I’m not using. I spend the next week asking questions around, looking for fake IDs but I find nothing. I notice this city is a bit too violent, damn America sure is dangerous: just yesterday a building exploded right in front of me.
>>
When I get to OPM, how do I make sure I can survive a vigorous game of fetch with Overgrown Rover?
>>
>>44107652
Get "playing catch" as your Mighty Skill, maybe?
>>
>>44107419
>>44107423
DCAU is ok as well.
>>
>>44107601
I would say it differs in terms of versaility. Being able to collect Traces, as well as the Limiters; presumably you start with no Limiters at all and you'd have to figure 'em out the hard way like Royce? It is Jump-Chan after all; she'd surely aim for entertainment value. Not to mention how Red uses it to access various hidden areas in Cloudbank. For what it's worth, the fight with Royce does show there's more than 1 of the things lying around.

I would say the main draw of the pseudo-Transistor though-is being able to do Transistor-y things outside the jump. See, Royce's lines imply the Transistor itself is merely a remote control-it's the Process that restructure the world like a blank canvas, the Transistor just holds their leash right? So it'd be damn near useless outside the place given other worlds don't have the Process as a universal constant.

But perhaps with the pseudo-Transistor you could collect Traces from the dying/learn snippets about their past, unlock hidden doors-MAYBE after immense research enforce Limiters on a specific kind of enemy, a sort of debuff effect? You'll never be able to warp reality with it alone, but you can still get the feel of the game by using it.
>>
>>44107635
After a week I get approached by an Italian guy, being Italian myself he took a liking to me and offered me a green card, social security number, driving license etc. the whole package. Too bad he asked 20.000 dollars for it. I don’t have that kind of money and I’m not going to pull off something crazy like a bank robbery with the chance that this guy is hustling me. He offers me to work for his organization in exchange for the paper and I have no other choice but to agree. I mean, it’s not a bad deal. I get a place to live and I can eat for free at the family restaurant too. I also have a partner named Larry, he is a funny guy to be around, a bit on the stupid side but he is quite genuine. At first is mostly busywork: collecting protection money from small business and driving off small criminals from our territory. Sometimes I even lend a hand at the restaurant. It didn’t took me long to realize that this is not my world. I tried to look for my family in Italy but there was no trace of them, I couldn’t even spot my house on Google maps. I’ve no Idea where I got dropped but it’s not different from my world except there are a fuckload of shootings but then again … I’m in America. I do low level thug work for almost 4 years, it’s more dangerous than it sounds like, at least once a month we get in a fight over territory and it almost always end in a shootout. I’ve seen good men die, gladly Larry survived. The family is not that bad, we don’t deal in drugs and we have a sort of “code of honor”. We own several business but we are quite weaker compared to the Russian and the Irish.
>>
>>44107419
Not one that can be visited in terms of the DC jump.

Main reason for this is power level. There isn't really one in the Nolanverse which results in the flavour text at the start not making any sense, 3/4s of the Identities and most of the perks being totally inappropriate. Nolanverse could work really well as its own jump as well.

Really the jump was supposed to just be comics but due to the similarities of most of the animated stuff (and the fact most of it is probably not going to get a jump of its own) that's fine as well. Even something like DCs attempt at a cinematic universe is probably fine although tbat really could be its own jump as well once we have a little more to go on.
>>
If I go to soul eater and get the nine souls perk and then jump to rwby would that effect my aura
>>
>>44107652
>Playing with Saitama's dog
Brave soul.
>>
>>44108557
I'm pretty sure the guy who made Soul Eater is very deliberately staying away from ruling Monster Cat+Weird Soul Shit. But I'm personally leaning towards "maybe?"

Mostly because I'm using it, the Angel stuff from NGE and various inner world perks to turn into a little widdle baby Yggdrasil so it feels like a huge dick move to shut someone else down when I have absolutely no authority on the matter.
>>
>>44102859
>>44102873
>>44102882

Since I got mixed responses, I am going to ask again. Has KOTOR claimed Spore or no?
>>
>>44108805
I was thinking you'd just have a larger aura and the same semblance you purchase
>>
>>44108893
Yeah I've seen him say he was doing it before I think.
>>
>>44105409
Generic settings aren't meant to substitute specific setting jumps.
>>
>>44109029
awesome, thanks!
>>
>>44109039
This. I mean, we have Journey to the West after all.
>>
Fixed and ready for jumping. Might tweak or add a few things when scenarios are done. But those won't be nerfs so build away.
>>
>>44109556
Changelog?
>>
>>44107731
I think having Limiters be drawbacks instead would be good.

Because Limiters are not limiters Red was placing on herself. It was her RELEASING limiters from Process, Limiters put on them by Royce so they are less powerful
>>
>>44109583
Sorcerer 400cp item added. Companions fixed. I'm going to try and hit scenarios hard tonight if work doesn't kill me.
>>
>>44109631
>It was her RELEASING limiters from Process, Limiters put on them by Royce so they are less powerful

Actually-that's what I meant by "you start with no Limiters at all" as in you start on mega-hard mode in game terms and have to figure out how to implement the Limiters one by one.

But on second thought, that doesn't make any sense now I've had a chance to actually type out and look at the idea, and it does make a sweet drawback so-your idea's probably better.
>>
>>44109556
Spotted a typo at the new 400CP item:

>Here yous hall work wonders
>>
>>44110052
You've never heard that expression before?
>>
>>44110239
That's not an expression, at least not appropriate in that context.
>>
>>44110239
It's yous instead of your. Also could probably use to or some other word after hall.
>>
File: Phase prism.png (547KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Phase prism.png
547KB, 350x350px
Is there a reason there isn't a Protoss campaign in the Starcraft folder? Is someone working on it? I need pic related because reasons.
>>
>>44110422
It's currently being worked on.
>>
>>44110422
>Is someone working on it?
ye
>>
>>44110339
well, either that or it was supposed to be you shall
>>
>>44110299
>>44110339
Haha, what plebs.

'Here yous hall work wonders' is the state motto of Utah.
>>
>>44110422
OAA is doing it.
Which means we won't have it anytime soon, 'cause he and the Internet had a fight and aren't talking to each other anymore. Heard he made some progress with smoke signs lately.
>>
>>44110566
>Spoiler
Anon at least he upgraded from shaman fire phones.
>>
>>44110052
Bluh. Another thing on my list.
>>
File: 1415824776271.jpg (178KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1415824776271.jpg
178KB, 1280x720px
>>44109556
And 500 jumps! Dodoria, SHOW THEM WHAT THEY WON.

(Sword and Sorcery)
-Background: Sorceress (950CP) -MAGICKS. I love me my spells.
-To Truly Live (850CP) -I will eat this up like candy. I LOVE THIS.
-One Of The Wise (Free) -I can learn things others may not? Huh.
-The Arcane Craft (700CP) (Discount) -I can craft arcane foci? Ooooh YES. I LIKEY.
-Cast Aside This Vessel (400CP) (Discount) -...oh. Oh my. Oh my word what just happened.
-Grandeur and Allure (0CP) -I WILL BE PRETTY, DAMN IT. SUPER PRETTY.
-An Occult Tome (Free) -It updates with my arcane knowledge? Ooooooooh this will be USEFUL.
-An Arcane Tool (-100CP) (Discount) -A staff of ornate might, able to take in feelings of awe and wonder to enhance magic.
-An Arcane Chamber (-300CP) (Discount) -Oh. Oh my sweet word. Oh my sweet word I NEED THIS.
-The Eye Of Set (-600CP) (Discount) -Tremendous augmentation AND it works as the perfect ritual component? LET IT BEGIN.
-A Selfish World (-500CP)
-The Nail That Sticks Up (-300CP)
-The Plaything Of Your Betters (0CP)
Dice Rolls: Bones of the Earth, 24 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

>mfw people are actively trying to take advantage of a sorceress
>mfw they keep trying to use her like some pawn or trinket despite what she can do
>mfw even the gods are getting in on this
>mfw
THIS IS KARMA FOR SO MANY DIFFERENT THINGS. The price of my hubris. My sins made manifest. I am well and truly fucked on this one, everyone trying to use me like some kind of wretch.

I would say I've done nothing to deserve this madness. But I think we all know that is a complete lie. Gnashing teeth and bone will forever be at my heels, and every deed will only serve for those to try and use me even more, wishing for some pawn or trophy to possess to reign themselves over others.

I have fucked up.
>>
>>44110566
>>44110462
>>44110461

Ok, I guess I'll play the Terran or Zerg campaign and justify stealing one, then retcon it in my history later.
>>
>>44110523
It's... Not, though. It's "Industry".

>>44110901
Aw. No conjuring of eldritch wonders for a paltry 300, Red? Come now, t'would be fun!~

And what would you chamber look like, hm?
>>
>>44102928
For what it's worth, I have no problems with anyone putting together anything in the same style.

If you think it'll be fun to do, do it.
>>
>>44111084
Eh. I'm not really that big into summoning and conjuring monsters to do my bidding. If I want something done, it feels better if I try to do it myself. The only exception to that is the obscenely beef up Pawns in Dissidia, and that's because it was one of the few jumps I didn't see much else of what I wanted AND I seriously wanted my own Bianco Angelos from DMC4.

The chamber... oh fuck I don't know what that chamber will look like. I would need to figure it out, I just know it's crazy and otherworldly.
>>
File: OAA's Return.gif (2MB, 430x323px) Image search: [Google]
OAA's Return.gif
2MB, 430x323px
>OAA gets internet for xmas
>Comes in thread in a santa hat handing out jumps wrapped in red and green paper
Can't wait.
>>
>>44111250
Who's the kid in the blue shirt who looks like he's making a noise of disgust? The rest of /tg/? Spacebattles? Freerange shitposters?
>>
>>44108805
Did I hear inner world perks? Can you tell me what these perks are?
>>
>>44103644
The show or the jump?
>>
>>44111366
All of the above.
>>
>>44109556
>Drop-in perks are really fun
>But Sorcerer perks are amazing for my magic-heavy build
Why must life be so difficult?
>>
>>44111516
Because Worm-Anon wants us to suffer by draining all of the CP that we have and giving great options.
>>
File: i drink you choice points.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
i drink you choice points.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>44111712
DRAINAGE, ELI.
>>
>>44111712
Secretly, Worm-Anon is storing all the CP spent on his jumps for an super ultra perk.
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 600x400px
So I have a data cane toad. Thanks to Cowboy Bebop. Is it a companion or still a pet?
>>
>>44112155
Is it sapient?
>>
File: image.jpg (223KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223KB, 774x1032px
>>44112176
It's like Ein. I think.

>"Through an advanced procedure, this dog (or similar animal companion) has been upgraded with vastly-increased intellect. It can fully-understand its surroundings, and comprehend human speech. However, its vocal chords have not been upgraded and still produce animal noises."
>>
>>44112304
It's really hard to say, because the series avoided clarifying just how smart Ein was.
>>
>>44106349
Chimothy Charson is my PMD partner and, has been practicing his kung fu for as long as I've known him. He earned my respect attempting to punch jumpchan when I decided I was done with pokemon and wanted to leave him behind.
>>
File: TX+Blind+Salamander+picture+1.jpg (77KB, 1206x632px) Image search: [Google]
TX+Blind+Salamander+picture+1.jpg
77KB, 1206x632px
What perks would give me mundane senses good enough to compensate for lack of sight? Would Sense 4 from the body mod be sufficient?
>>
>>44112940
Your best bet would probably be NGNL's Warbeasts.
>>
>>44105409
I'll reiterate, I'm happy to pull the location roll (and anything else I might have borrowed from there, but I don't remember any) if you're interested in doing a specific jump. I'm pretty sure I offered that when you brought it up before in IRC.
>>
>>44112940
There already are people who can compensate through echolocation in real life. If you're fine with actual hard work and toiling over multiple lifetimes Sense 4 should eventually reach near-Daredevil levels. Twilight has a general sense boost, and MCU has a single perk that gives you Daredevil's powerset outright.

That is, of course, assuming you consider bio sonar an extension of natural hearing.
>>
>>44106525
Think I may have been a bit too demanding there.

How about this: What can I splice into my monsters to let them grow really big really quickly? Something that would let it gain biomass from nothing.

I just want to give my monsters extra forms, so they can pull 'this isn't even my final form' hijinks.
>>
>>44113339
The C- and G-Viruses from Resident Evil will probably help.
>>
How do you guys handle the whole Othinus situation in Raildex? Do you try to go against her, do you just let it happen by itself, or do you do something else?
>>
>>44113534
Doesn't MC-whatever handle that perfectly well? So well that depowered super-god is now his waifu?
>>
>>44113534
Hide in the Warehouse, as that bullshit's out of my league at jump 15.
>>
>>44113546
Yeah, but the universe gets destroyed. Does that count as a fail-condition, since you get killed momentarily, or is it an allowed thing to happen.
>>
>>44113575
It doesn't, jump maker stated it's fine, so long as you don't do something to prevent Touma from taking care of it.
>>
>>44113339
Grow my Monster from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers can make any creature fuckhuge, but they explode on defeat.
>>
>>44113534
Well, it so happened that we'd been to Blazblue right before Raildex, as a Drop-In. Which meant that we were a bonafide Observer. What, you may ask, do Observers do?

>You remember everything that happens in a time loop, even though you should forget what happens when time resets, and are aware of all the fracticious possibilites in a Continuum Shift. Whenever something isn't Observed by someone like you, it's left in a quantum state (just like Schrodinger's cat) and can possibly be maniupulated by causality magics- so when you're Observing something, it becomes a concrete fact in reality and cannot be changed.

Here's the thing about Raildex Majins: They work by controlling possibilities. The fully fledged ones control positive and negative ones equally, whereas amateurs like Othinius need a prosthetic like Gungnir.

So Radio Noise and I just sort of broke out popcorn while following Touma and watching him get into trouble from a safe distance while offering color commentary and also fire support.

And whenever Othinius actually showed up, I'd just get into an /intense/ staring contest. Which usually ended in Othinius throwing a hissy fit when the future inexplicably refused to change.

...really, the hardest part was trying not to blink while laughing at Odin being a little girl as she got into a shouting match with Touma about her feelings.
>>
>>44113604
That is good, just need to figure out how to have my monsters induce it in themselves, rather than me having to do it.

>>44113497
Ooh, that's a good idea. I could customise a virus or parasite that does it at some sort of signal.

Thanks both of you.
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.