[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me advice, /tg/. >Setting is a fantasy world but with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

Give me advice, /tg/.
>Setting is a fantasy world but with slightly better than modern technology
>GM announces political campaign set during a war where we're all important people (nobleman, high priest, general, etc)
>I make a news reporter in the style of Fox News
>Due to political shenanigans, everyone defects to the enemy except me
>Smear the party, making them out to be traitorous pedophiles into interspecies sex, have ridiculous bonuses to social stuff and everyone believes me
>They take umbrage with this and kidnap me, then sell me back to my side in exchange for time to evacuate civilians from a colony/military base my side will soon destroy
>They instead use the time and distraction to blow up a one-of-a-kind, irreplaceable super satellite we owned
So I'm unsure of where to take it next. I've already ramped up propaganda on the enemy race to show how they're inferior to humans, but that's too obvious. Is there any way to further smear the enemy or the party?
>>
Just look up Nazi propaganda and use that for inspo. Gotta keep the anger flowing.
>>
>>44030179

False flag terrorism.
>>
>>44030179
Hire some Jews to help
>>
>>44030179

Have certain power brokers. Make appeasing them all simultaneously a balancing act. Hilarity ensues.
>>
>>44030179
the best propaganda is a truth that can be hammered memorably and repeatedly

even if the opposition tries to explain it away people remember the propaganda because it was so memorable and simple
>>
>>44030179
>actively gaming against the rest of the party
You are the bbeg. Or at least a mini-boss.

You've shown that they're inferior, now push on why they need to be destroyed. They blew up an irreplaceable satellite? They're the reason the average Joe's life is so shit. "They want to destroy your infrastructure, your internet, your way of life. These madmen have to be stopped, or we all pay the price!"
Also criticize the government for not taking extreme enough measures to protect the populace.
>>
Well, I'd say you should watch Fox News for inspiration but that's too cruel a fate to wish on any man.

Mainly just do a Hannity and purposely incite hatred by misreporting facts/statistics or just straight up lie and get indignant that these animals are ruining America! ...I mean Faerun, or (insert setting name here). And if you get called out on how your entire show is bullshit, just ignore it. Don't even bother to address it. Just keep on doing what you're doing. Also throw in numerous (roughly every 5-10 minutes) slogans of how reliable, honest, and trustworthy your reports/network are.
>>
it's all in the language

you have use words that people will remember

they didn't damage some super cool satellite, they've destroyed a vital communications network and you have "sources" that postulate infrastructure and hospitals are next

this people are barbaric they hate us for our freedoms, they want to destroy our culture and way of life. the government needs to step up its defense funding to save us from these monsters.
>>
>>44030179
If the technology is advanced enough, then your 'enemy' should be able to hear your message and if the PC's censor you, they'll just give you more flak to shoot at them. Your people already support you, now show the 'enemy' that their so-called leaders are their real enemy. Nothing is as terrifying as when your own friends and countrymen turn on you amirite?
>>
>>44030179

Challenge one of them to a live debate broadcast across the planet. With your thundercunt levels of social skills you ought to wipe the floor with them. And if they refuse, keep bringing it up about how they chickened out and won't even try to give the public the free and open debate that they deserve.
>>
>>44030179
>in exchange for time to evacuate civilians from a colony/military base my side will soon destroy
>They instead use the time and distraction to blow up a one-of-a-kind, irreplaceable super satellite we owned
Just blast them for using their own civilians as human shields and leaving them to die in order to make a cowardly sneak attack.

Bring on a pro-enemy expert who spouts off enemy talking points and continually interrupt them with questions.

Then bring on a pro-ally expert to demolish them in a face to face debate.
>>
>>44031308

That'd be like challenging Osama bin Laden to a televised debate. The guy's not going to come out of hiding to open up a communications line to debate you. You're not the target audience, and humanizing your target by giving them air time is a bad idea.
>>
>>44035139
Go for the best of both worlds then - contact them for the live debate in the most flaccid and easily missed means possible. Send an email to their AIM or tweet at them or something. When they inevitably don't notice your challenge because they're too busy with, you know, the war, then you lambaste them for not stepping up to the plate, while making yourself look like a saint for giving both sides of the argument a chance.
>>
Send Waters to wander their territory asking drunks simple questions.
>>
>>44035282

The guy's right. Nobody would do that because it humanizes the enemy. Shit you actively avoid in propaganda, especially if you're drumming up for a war. That's tactically retarded.
>>
File: 3dc.jpg (44KB, 523x325px) Image search: [Google]
3dc.jpg
44KB, 523x325px
>>44035313
this is the only correct answer
>>
>>44030179
Make a new character and start playing with them. At lest if you are playing at one table and not online through forum or such, because this is kind of shitty idea to have one player against the rest of the party, while he sits next to them whenever they plan something.

You proven your character is no longer part of the party, so I don't see a reason to play as him. Just say "bye bye" and give him away to the GM so he can make it into some kind of minor BEGG (or even major, dunno what he is planning).
>>
>>44030944
>Don't even bother to address it. Just keep on doing what you're doing. Also throw in numerous (roughly every 5-10 minutes) slogans of how reliable, honest, and trustworthy your reports/network are.
This so much. Be sure to dump XP into whatever the most art-related skill is in order to make charts.

NOBODY cares s if the majority of psion-related deaths has been on decline since the 80s, you just need to tell everyone that the statistics are being forged by a Cabal of mindflayers trying to keep honest American mages down.

The evidence that there is no evidence IS. YOUR. MOTHERFUCKING. EVIDENCE.
>>
>>44030179
>>44030944

ITT: Thinly veiled /pol/ shenanigans. Enjoy your b8, guys.

There's a fun and sophisticated story to be told about media bias, and you could probably do it from either political perspective, but I don't think you have the intellectual or gaming chops to pull it off.

Also ITT: OP gets all his news from Comedy Central.
>>
>>44030179
Point out that they know they're losing. They're losing so bad that they couldn't even keep to previouslt established rules of hostage negotiation. They couldn't keep their lesser baser wants of violence and rape hidden and instead of having the honor to stick to their own rules of engagement went and destroyed a sattelite you guys can and will replace. Show how underhanded they are they even betray themselves even when both sides are playing an even field. Nows the time for a new wave of hate and dogmatism for the public to embrace. Its a smear campaign. Make sure the shit you're smearing is thick and unignorable.
>>
>>44038234
There's a point to be made about satire being indistinguishable from sincerity, I think.

I'm the anon that wrote >>44030944 and I'm not even murrican.
>>
Incite a protest, tell party that there are terrorists in the crowds, watch as the crowd panics to try and save the day that they disrupt the protest.

Natural hatred towards players as they will likely think the bombs are internal.
>>
>>44038291

How does being canadian or belgian or uzbek or whatever, change any of my points?

Yeah, sincerity can look like satire. (Poe's Law) Look on any American college campus right now to see that. Conservatives and libertarians have commented on that regarding the left-wing news channel MS-NBC and the left-wing news parody, The Daily Show. Liberals, obviously, think the same about Fox News.

And it's worth mentioning that Hannity may or may not be wrong, but he certainly doesn't lie. Once you get into college and learn some statistics, you'll learn that it's easy to report strongly biased stats without lying about them. Like I said, there's a very fun conversation to be had about media bias and how it's done... but neither you nor OP have the sophistication to carry that conversation.

To me, it's telling that OP is playing a reporter rather than a producer. But I suppose it fits given how shallow the rest of the campaign is.
>>
>>44038397
Its a commonly held belief that someone living in NotAmerica automatically makes them worldly and more in touch with the pulse of the world than us close minded americans.
>>
>>44038397
>To me, it's telling that OP is playing a reporter rather than a producer.
To use a bit of an outdated example, Bill O'Reilly produced his own show. I feel like that's what OP is going for, more than he is a reporter.
>>
>>44030179
>Megyn Kelly

She's so goddamn hot, she must be a mink in bed. That or entirely frigid.
>>
>>44041577

It's minx, not mink, you moron. And stop stealth bumping.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.