[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/wodg/ World of Darkness General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 403
Thread images: 35

File: Dalu.png (980KB, 1438x854px) Image search: [Google]
Dalu.png
980KB, 1438x854px
Most of the resources from the starting post are out of date or broken, so we should work together and make a new batch of resources. If you've got a house rule (1e, 2e, or even oWoD) feel free to share it. What do you do in your games to make things run smoother? Does anyone want to stat up some NPCs? Maybe some monsters? Do you have any homebrews to share? If anyone has advice on making a Chummer style sheet generator, that'd be super helpful.

Here's the images I use to start threads http://imgur.com/a/oerTd

I'm also currently working on updating Geist to 2e, since I can't wait another ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶e̶ two years. Feel free to make suggestions.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SMgt9996QXnCahP_B6acce9_vZuj5myu_3RC7JYygpw/edit

Previous Thread:>>43991675
>>
So how about that Mage: The Lie? You all ready for the new setting that fuses elements of Ascension and Awakening?

We could make /v/ beleive anything about WoD, couldn't we?
>>
>>44021738
https://mega.nz/#F!wpB0ib4a!EsAU0AE4ihrNlDWzp3-MIw

Finally have my shit sorted, this should be a substantial collection of WoD material if not everything.
>>
>>44022074
Fufufufu
>>
>>44020883
I got cockblocked by my connection earlier so I'll try now. From the official preview blog posts, which are what sold me (for who Mage1 fell flat) on Mage2:

>Mage is a game about secret knowledge and hubristic pride, about knowing too much, becoming separated from your peers by special insight into the incomprehensible forces and twisting occult conspiracies behind the World of Darkness. Mage is a game of power and hubris, of the temptation to allow your reach to exceed your grasp, of knowledge outpacing Wisdom. It’s a game about obsession, turning away from comfortable Sleep to chase the weird and the occult. It’s mages as Occult Detectives, confronting the supernatural of a gnostic world.
>It’s about being Addicted To Mysteries.
>>
Do Mage Orders beside the Silver Ladder and Guardians also regularly maintain associated cults like Crytopolies and Labyrinths?
>>
>>44023090
Not exactly. I'll try to explain.
The Adamantine Arrow are less group-control focused, and are much more into personal enlightenment, and thus make their uplifting of sleepers a personal business.
The Mysterium are the least sleeper-focused order, and their mysterious cult-structure mostly applies to the Awakened themselves.
Free Council is... complicated. Some Libertines run cults like that, but they have a lot of respect for sleepers, so they generally rather insert themselves into existing sleeper-groupings.

The Seers though, they totally have cults like that.
>>
>>44022683
Thanks, kind anon. A couple books I needed were in there.
>>
File: tangelonphia.jpg (46KB, 393x541px) Image search: [Google]
tangelonphia.jpg
46KB, 393x541px
Hey /tg/, me and some friends are trying to get into Vampire the Eternal Struggle.
Right now we are playing using LackyCCG, since our cards are currently in transit, since we bought them online

But we can't find ANYWHERE on the net that explains all the rules of the game. Is there somewhere/someone who has a rulebook or something?
>>
>>44024015
>Vampire the Eternal Struggle

4chan will not let me post the link to the rules.

Just search Google for "vampire the eternal struggle rules" and the full V:TES rules will appear in one of the first few links.
>>
>>44024015
Hmm.

http://vtes.pl/download has a rulebook that's marked Anarchs

I also found the attached PDF at boardgamegeek.net.

No idea how accurate they are though, but the PDF was taken from the long-time VEKN website that supported VtES.
>>
File: Constantine's Grave.png (2MB, 900x1386px) Image search: [Google]
Constantine's Grave.png
2MB, 900x1386px
Just awake between sleeping.

A lot of my ideas for Geist involve cribbing from other World of Darkness games, notably Werewolf. Some of my power ideas are even listed as "literally just the Vampire Discipline".

But as insight into my unpaid fan-update philosophy for this game: I think it's more important to have something playable that works to further the themes and feelings than it is to have something completely new.
>>
>>44022683
Any possibility of making a torrent?
>>
>>44024533
There's like 3 torrents this was made from. If you REALLY need it I can link you all 3 later. But literally just hit kickass torrents and you'll find all the torrents I compiled this mess from.

>>44023822
Vlad to help.
>>
>>44024853
Didn't know if this was more up to date than the already existing torrents or not.
>>
>>44024894
Nah, though you'll need a seperate torrent for some minor books like shadows of UK if you use some of the more recent ones.
>>
The intro post should have links to the development blogs for Mage, Promethean, etc.
>>
>>44025430
Because some of us here follow the LARP stuff (and we get people with questions passing through), linking to bynightstudios.com wouldn't be a bad idea either.
>>
You could also go ahead and link both OPP's website as well as the new White Wolf Publishing one even if it's just a splash page right now, it might be something more substantial in a week or so.
>>
>>44023152
>The Adamantine Arrow are less group-control focused, and are much more into personal enlightenment, and thus make their uplifting of sleepers a personal business.
>The Mysterium are the least sleeper-focused order, and their mysterious cult-structure mostly applies to the Awakened themselves.
>Free Council is... complicated. Some Libertines run cults like that, but they have a lot of respect for sleepers, so they generally rather insert themselves into existing sleeper-groupings.
>The Seers though, they totally have cults like that.

Is all that explicitly discussed anywhere in the books or by Dave, or is that just your sense of the Mage setting.
>>
>>44024532

The problem with that philosophy is that you assume "something new" and "something playable" are inherently two separate things. There's no problem with using what works from other games and placing it into a fan work, but I would ask that you take caution and know the difference between "I am putting this in because I feel like it fits with the game" and "I am putting this in because I don't know how to make the game more unique and this is the best I have".

If you see a chance for a new mechanic that could help enhance the themes of the game (dunno about feelings, I feel like that's ultimately the realm of the black box we call "the gaming table"), take it. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't, but look at it this way: as a non-professional product, you have much more room to fail. Believe it or not, that's a comfort. The freedom to fail is a luxury that's hard to appreciate, but important all the same.

>>44025430
>>44025752
>>44025876

I'm thinking these should be our links:

-Onyx Path and the dev blogs
-The new White Wolf website
-By Night Studios
-Drive Thru RPG pages for both
-The shiny new MEGA we were given (much kudos)
-Dalines (yes it's aged but 2e isn't totally out yet and it's not too much of a hassle to work around for the current 2e games)
-Mr Gone's Sheets

I also have some further suggestions:

-Maybe some VtES resources
-One World by Night?
-The Camarilla too, maybe?
-If we can find some cool actual plays, this should be in there too
-Houserules! Definitely the ones for 1e, dunno if 2e has any yet.
>>
So, where's the nWoD 2 core book? Still at Paradox?
>>
File: Houserules.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Houserules.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>44026622
>you assume "something new" and "something playable" are inherently two separate things.
No I don't. It's not an "either/or" thing, it's a priority thing.

I mean, I feel like I've got new ideas as is, it's just that instead of fretting about being completely unique I'm going with what works. I was beating myself up over being unable to figure out how to handle Synergy without using Harmony-for-ghosts, but I realized that isn't actually a problem. Although I will repeat myself: I think that it's best to have SOMETHING instead of the nothing that Geist had in a lot of places.

>-If we can find some cool actual plays, this should be in there too
We need to make some.
>-Houserules! Definitely the ones for 1e, dunno if 2e has any yet.
I've got plenty, file related.
>>
>>44026684
It is indeed
>>
>>44026616
It's a summary of their books. So technically just my Mage-sense.
>>
>>44026622
I wouldn't worry about including links to OWbN or the MES. Links to BNS' site and a note that old LARP stuff is through OPP and new LARP stuff is through BNS should be fine.
>>
>>44026684

Still at Paradox. My bet is that we don't see nWoD 2e core until after White Wolf's back from the game con in Germany they're going to on the weekend of the 12th.
>>
>>44026752

I don't think we need to make some, at least not now. The DaveB APs should be fine for now, and people can build on that later.
>>
>tfw want to run a WoD game but can't decide which
>>
>>44027989
Beast, that way you can play all of them.
>>
Right, made some good progress on my Gifts/Facets design article this weekend. The main stumbling block was that I wanted to give a sample each of a new Moon, Shadow and Wolf Gift which meant actually, well, designing a new one of each to use as the example, so I ended up banging my head for a while against the new Moon Gift in particular.

So the Gift design article will obviously talk about Gift design and some of the broad guidelines, as well as providing the Screaming Moon's Gift, City Gift and Essence Gift as unofficial new Gifts if Stew OKs it all. If it's a success I'll do a Rites design article as well afterwards.
>>
>>44023090

Every Order has members that maintain cults, they just don't have a mandate to form them. Thearchs and Guardians have to do these things as a part of their duties, but a Mystagogue might make a cult purely as an information network, or to attract people manifesting a condition they're curious about, or what have you. Arrow cults might be a way to disseminate ideas and build a martial society in the Mage's image. Libertines often draw their symbolism from Sleeper beliefs, so it'd actually be weird for them not to take an interest or even active role in them.
>>
>>44028216
Screaming Moon? I think I missed that in my Lunar calendar.
>>
>>44028301
It should be (if my design works out) a new Cahalith Gift focusing on madness and fear. Driving people insane then making them dance like puppets for you during their fugues, that sort of thing.
>>
>>44028056

>Run Beast
>Encourage Crossover characters
>Ban Beast characters
>????
>Profit!
>>
>>44028513
Is this like the alternate Court Contracts from Winter Masques? Punishing Summer and Verdant Spring and all that?
>>
>>44028575
Sort of.

We've always intended to have multiple Moon Gifts per Auspice for Forsaken; it's why the Moon Gift rules were futureproofed for it despite there only being one per Auspice in the corebook.

Had I been able to make the space in the core, I'd have put two Moon Gifts per Auspice in from the beginning. Sadly I had half the wordcount for Gifts that the 1e corebook had and even my best efforts 'only' got a full, 2e updated Gift set of the 1e corebook's Gifts into that space. If I'd had the extra wordcount my first expenditure would have been on the extra set of Moon Gifts, then getting the Pure Gifts into the core if I'd had the space, if not/if I had ever more space then my next priorities were getting City, Sea and Sun Gifts in.
>>
>>44028682
But of course you can't confirm or deny that any of those will be in The Pack, correct?
>>
>>44028301
>>44028513

Everyone knows about the Screaming Moon. You see it every April 30...

>>44028682

When will we see the Pure Gifts (and favored prey, etc.)?
>>
>>44028300

I would love to see a cult system in Mage similar to the one in Mummy (particularly if included in a Sleepwalker / Proximi supplement). It would be perfect for the Silver Ladder, Guardians, and Seers.
>>
>>44030006

That WOULD be nice. I've considered trying to just use the Mummy system, but it doesn't really work so well for Mage's relatively smaller, conspiracy-based networks.
>>
>>44030107

Maybe Reach and Grasp could be condensed into one rating, with a penalty applied when you try to have your cult do unsavory things?
>>
>>44031027

Isn't one of the primary reasons for running a cult is so that they can do unsavory things for you?

If you want "savory" things done, hire employees, not cultists.
>>
>>44031027

I guess a part of it for me is that Mummy cults seem to be global in expanse, whereas Mage cults are all typically rather local.
>>
>>44031158

Maybe shift the Cult types to something that'd fit in a more local setting? Instead of Tribal, Conspiracy, and Enterprise, something like Tradition(an unofficial grouping that helps make up the local color), Organized (something mafia-like, with connections to politics), and Small Business (the obvious).
>>
So is there a nwod equivalent for sorcerer?
>>
>>44031374
Proximi or some such.
>>
>>44031374

In first edition nWOD, they would be Thaumaturges from the book Second Sight.
>>
>>44031374
There's similar enough stuff in Second Sight, Thaumaturges.
>>
>>44028682
Sun Gifts? While I realize the big glowy guy doesn't have minute control over his court, that court hates the forsaken, yeah? So getting sun gifts must be mad respect or grudging gifts.
>>
>>44031325

In Mage 2e, the Orders are already cults with sleepers and sleepwalkers.

I would suggest permitting cult-like influence for mages with another "influence-type" merit that is limited by a mage's max dots in Order Status. This secondary merit could just be a much simplified version of the reach and grasp access, maybe with a drawback that the mage sometimes has to do mage-y things for the cult to maintain loyalty like healing the sick children of cultists or influencing business or political deals, or more mundane oversight like bailing cultists out of jail and hiring them a lawyer.
>>
I'm just getting into Person of Interest, fuck this is getting me in the mood for Demon.
>>
Any examples of some good Changeling the Lost actual plays out there?
>>
>>44032050
Watching it right now. I second your notion.
>>
>>44032050

Harold Finch: Analyst Inquisitor?
>>
>>44032556
Trying to decide if John is a Guardian or Destroyer.
>>
>>44033099

Antinomian Destroyer, maybe? That might be a bit of a stretch, but it could work.
>>
>>44033119
Yeah, their examples of Antinomian Destroyers were more on the pacifist side, which isn't Reese at all, but he is basically a trained killer that's chosen to save people now. (I'm only in the first season, if it comes to light he's always been trying to help people I don't know that yet.)
>>
>>44031783

Orders are cults, but those cults are made up of a thousand local Caucuses, and those Caucuses are in turn made up of dozens of Awakened spread across a wide area. Their hierarchies are often just as local and just as spread out.

The Sleepers and Sleepwalkers who make up the cults of the Awakened don't all know the truth of what's going on behind the scenes, especially not Guardian cults. The Cryptopolies of the Ladder might work together in a given region, but there's still a nested hierarchy where only those at the top truly know the full way of things. Most people nominally under the sway of the Orders - the vast majority of them, I imagine - don't know the meaning of any words like Mysterium or Silver Ladder or what have you.

>>44031325

Eeeh, that part's easy. It's more that the power scale doesn't mesh well, is what I'm getting at.
>>
>>44034062

The power scale's mostly fluff, so I can't see why you wouldn't just use the regular mechanic while redefining the dot levels to be of a smaller scale. Using your cult dots to represent levels in Allies, Resources, and Contacts on the fly might be a bit much even with a minus one penalty, but you could deal with that by having it so that the levels of the Merits you get are half of your Cult dots, to a minimum of 2 or something like that.
>>
>>44034637

At that point, you might as well just by Allies (Cult).
>>
>>44035903

That certainly would be minimally acceptable, but very bland in light of the emphasis on cults in Mage. Allies (Cryptopoly) or Allies (Labyrinth) makes cryptopolies and labyrinths no different from generic mystery cults.
>>
>>44035980
Given how Vampires had plenty of specific Merits to highlight a covenant's social and political side, I would be surprised if we don't get stuff like "Minotaur" and "Cryptopoly Manager" and stuff like that.
>>
>>44035980

I don't disagree. I just don't think you can quite get what Mage would need by straight-importing the Cult merit.

Maybe something representing the spider-web-like nature of Mage cults? I'd rather enjoy including a feature that represents exposing their conspiracy through their actions; a risk that some Fox Mulder type lunatic gets a glimpse behind the veil or some such.
>>
So im not sure if this should go here but, I'm playing a vtm larp game as a ventrue and I'm still kinda of inexperienced with the WoD in general and how to ventrue, I was playing a tabletop game with my nerd group as said clan but the ST is too add to ever finish a campaign and so naturally I still don't know how to venture so I was wondering if anyone here has the patience to maybe do a tablet friendly session with me and show me how to ventrue not terribly
>>
>>44036657
>I'm still kinda of inexperienced with the WoD in general and how to ventrue
Watch James Bond
Be the villain

Alternately, Purple Man from Jessica Jones
>>
>>44036166
>I would be surprised if we don't get stuff like "Minotaur" and "Cryptopoly Manager" and stuff like that.

Sounds good, although I doubt those types of merits would be in the new corebook, We can hope such merits make it into Signs of Sorcery or Tome of the Pentacle.
>>
File: V20 Dark Ages.jpg (1MB, 2553x1091px) Image search: [Google]
V20 Dark Ages.jpg
1MB, 2553x1091px
My bro is talking a lot of shit, saying Clan Gangrel doesn't make the best waifus. Is he a dumb motherfucker? Am I dumb motherfucker?

Which clan or bloodline in the cWoD makes the best waifu, teeg?

>http://strawpoll.me/6201512
>>
>>44031770
I don't think Helios's brood hate the Uratha in particular. It might be that it and Luna don't get on very well, but I'm also uncertain of that
>>
This Geist thing is now up to 19 pages and only one person's actually made a comment on it.

Also, people keep reading over it and jumping their cursors around and it's really distracting. Come on, make a comment! Do you like the powers, or what? I just finished them.
>>
File: World of Darkness General.png (4MB, 1875x1740px) Image search: [Google]
World of Darkness General.png
4MB, 1875x1740px
>>44037436
Don't know nothing about ghosts, homie
>>
>>44037436
I don't think there is much of a point. Not when every fourth post seems to be whining about your lack of motivation/inspiration.
>>
>>44037383
Nah, Helios loves Luna like a sister, and I'm pretty sure he was friends with Father Wolf as well. So Werewolves killed his friend and made his sister sad.
>>
File: Absolutely Halal 2.jpg (14KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Halal 2.jpg
14KB, 255x255px
>>44037283
>Assamite waifus
>>
>>44037612
>every fourth post seems to be whining about your lack of motivation/inspiration.
Bitch I've written twenty pages now. Saying "what mechanically is the difference between Caul and Shroud" isn't whining about lack of motivation.

>>44037585
C'est la vie. Any thoughts on whether things are cool/fun looking?
>>
>>44037436

I don't feel like attach my name and Google account to it, and I'm far too lazy to make a dummy account for my home computer. I'll take a look at it if I get on a library computer or something.
>>
>>44037236

Rather than lots of different ones that all do the same thing, we have a single "Mystery Cult Influence" Merit for the budding crypotopoly-managers and minotaurs in your game.
>>
>>44033330
When I was originally raving about Person of Interest to the rest of Demon's design team, we didn't have Analysts.

To my brain-thoughts:

Finch is a Integrator Pyschopomp
Reese is a Saboteur Destroyer
Shaw is a Saboteur (antimonian) Guardian
Root is an Integrator Messenger
>>
>>44038153
Who do I need to blow/eat out in order to get Eagle Eye added to the watching list for Demon2e? It feels like the classic GM MO, at least until it leads them to it.
>>
>>44038295
Demon is unlikely to get a "2e" version since it's already 2e.
>>
File: Average Beast Fan.png (25KB, 701x319px) Image search: [Google]
Average Beast Fan.png
25KB, 701x319px
>>
File: 1417553958018.png (10KB, 139x188px) Image search: [Google]
1417553958018.png
10KB, 139x188px
>>44038476
Sometimes I really feel like humanity just needs a good old fashioned culling. Massive population reduction. Starting with people like that.
>>
>>44038499
Let's kill the criminals, terrorists, theocrats, etc. first. I understand that you dislike people like this, but I'd put the priority on people who want to impose their will on others. So unless he's running around saying everyone should think like him, and has a political lobby group to make it happen, I'd let him off the hook.
>>
>>44029903
>But of course you can't confirm or deny that any of those will be in The Pack, correct?

I wouldn't hold out your hopes for new Gifts in The Pack.

>>44029954
>When will we see the Pure Gifts (and favored prey, etc.)?

There will be some more info on the Pure coming out before too long but I don't know when they'll get a full treatment and their Gifts done.

>>44031770
>Sun Gifts? While I realize the big glowy guy doesn't have minute control over his court, that court hates the forsaken, yeah? So getting sun gifts must be mad respect or grudging gifts.

Or targeting an appropriate spirit with the Sacred Hunt.
>>
File: Free Council Blank Badge motto.jpg (89KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
Free Council Blank Badge motto.jpg
89KB, 500x330px
>>
Do you think it's worth putting together a complex map of a school for my game?

Part of my thinks it'll be neat since the whole game will take place there and a coherent map would be pretty sick and the players could explore it as the game goes on, the other half of me is saying it limits what I can do on the fly.
>>
>>44039267
If it is really such a central place, sure. Although you might want to make it easier on yourself by copying an existing one. Either find an appropriate one of a real school on the internet or from a video game (Silent Hill 1 comes to mind).
>>
>>44038137

Neat. How customizable is it? Can you rejigger it to fit different themes, etc?
>>
>>44038499
>>44038544

>SeersAndAtlanteans.txt
>>
>>44039267
I'd say have your cake and eat it too. Make a map with general areas outlined, like "Xth grade classrooms here" and specific places whose locations you know/set from the start like the gym or whatever and leave some of the in-between areas, exact layouts/room order, and the like vague enough you can fill in details on the fly when the need arises.
>>
File: Midwich Elementary.png (1MB, 1280x1005px) Image search: [Google]
Midwich Elementary.png
1MB, 1280x1005px
>>44039267
Better to have the plans.

>>44039610
Midwich is a pretty tiny school. I'd just search "School floorplan".

>>44039791
It's in the GMC dude. Mechanically it's one of those "you get more than you pay for" merits, so it's pretty great if you can stand being part of a weirdo cult.

>[ 1 - 5 ] Mystery Cult Initiation ( God-Machine Chronicles -- Page 168 )

>Cults are far more common than the people of the World of Darkness would like to admit. Mystery cult is the catch-all term for a phenomenon ranging from secret societies couched in fraternity houses and scholarly cabals studying the magic of classical symbolism to mystical suicide cults to the God Machine.

>Mystery Cult Initiation reflects membership in one of these esoteric groups. The dot rating dictates standing. One dot is an initiate, two a respected member, three a priest or organizer, four a decision-making leader, five is a high priest or founder. If you wish your character to begin play in a cult, work with your Storyteller to develop the details.

>Designing a Mystery Cult requires three things, at bare minimum. First is a Purpose. This is the defining reason the cult exists. Usually, it's tied in with the cult's history and recent background. Second is a Relic. This is an item that grounds members' faith. For example, a piece of the God-Machine, an ancient text bound in human flesh, or the mummified flesh of a saint. The last is a Doctrine. Every cult is defined by its rules and traditions.

>In addition to standing, a Mystery Cult Initiation Merit offers benefits at each level of influence. Develop these as well. The following are guidelines; use them to craft your own cults:

>(1) A Skill Specialty or one-dot Merit pertaining to the lessons taught to initiates.

>(2) A one-dot Merit.

>(3) A Skill dot or a two-dot Merit (often a supernatural Merit).

>(4) A three-dot Merit, often supernatural in origin.

>(5) A three-dot Merit or a major advantage not reflected in game traits.
>>
>>44039830

That's Mystery Cult Initiation, not Mystery Cult Influence.
>>
>>44039830
I thought the Midwich children were taught in a barn by their grandfather.
>>
>>44039885
I assume it was a typo.
>>
>>44038314

Man, nWoD Third Edition is going to be such a clusterfuck, with three games technically having a second edtion, potentially more.
>>
>>44039927

Well, we were talking specifically about merits like Allies and the Mummy Cult one, and if there was something similar in the pipe for Mages, so I doubt it was.
>>
>>44039927
Why would it be? Mystery Cult Initiation represents being part of a cult. The merit being discussed would represent running a cult behind the scenes. Different things.
>>
>>44039950
I imagine they'll just call Demon, Beast, and Deviant's 3e versions(if we get a 3e even), the third edition.

Because it's easier to stick with the 3e thing so people know it goes with the 3e rulebook than to call it 2e so people know it's the second version of that splat's rules. Because, really, nobody's gonna give a fuck how many versions have come before, just what version of the rules it uses.
>>
>>44039986

Good point. Plus we can make jokes about the "lost" editions of Demon, Beast, and Deviant.
>>
>>44039986
Well, 3e is going to come sooner than you might think. I mean the One World of Darkness will literally be that.
>>
>>44040264
Would you please stop sprouting this bullshit?
We have 0 idea what it means.
>>
File: 1381219465458.gif (304KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1381219465458.gif
304KB, 360x270px
>>44040344
u mad?
>>
>>44037651
He wasn't friends with Urfarah, he was just pissed that the Uratha killed his dear sister/brother's lover and declared them his eternal enemies. and when Helios decides on something he doesn't change his mind. ever.
>>
>>44040344
It means they'll just make one book. No splats.

On the real side, I'm hoping nWoD keeps on its way, the way it's going. I have to about that the whole one world of darkness dies sound a little ominous to me. I'm trying to just have faith.
>>
>>44040264

I can't imagine an potential One World of Darkness being deployed so quickly if presented as an edition. If such a thing were to happen, it have to be a separate line with its hook being that it's the transmedia WoD. Even the most hardcore fanboys for one of the lines should know that slimming things down so quickly is a bad idea.

Either way, we've got less than a week until we know for sure.
>>
>>44040518
Oh? Word of 2e getting out of approval?
>>
>>44040594
I assume anon refers to that convention in Germany some Paradox folks are going to, where there's supposed to be announcements.
>>
>>44040604

Yep! Tenebrae Noctis, the European WoD convention: http://www.ulisses-crowdfunding.de/crowdfunding-29.html

It looks like every member of Paradox White Wolf is coming, along with By Night Studios. Justin Achilli and Mark Rein●Hagen are also appearing. There's an English translation in the italics in the page, if you want an idea of what's going to happen there. Rich said in the last Monday Morning Meeting notes that part of the OPP/White Wolf talks were about what is to be revealed at the con.

It also looks like someone at the con is running an nWoD/oWoD crossover using all the rulesets at once. That's something all right.
>>
>>44040930
>using all the rulesets at once
How.
>>
>>44040930
>Kerpen
>Nordrhein-Westfalen
Of course it can't be somewhere I could actually reasonably go to on a whim. Oh well.
>>
>>44040952

>World of Darkness MPA

>For the future, Paradox has already announced “One World of Darkness”. We want to make that true beforehand by organizing a multi parallel adventure with different systems of the Word of Darkness combined in one thrilling pen & paper session. Several gaming sessions will run parallel and their actions will influence each other. You might meet other groups of PCs, maybe players will swap groups, but whatever happens: It´s going to be very exciting!

>Details about content and pre-registration will follow soon.

Looks like it's a super session with multiple groups at multiple tables.
>>
>>44041048
Oh. That's easier to handle. Although I have to wonder what happens if someone swaps groups...
>>
File: gay snake.jpg (75KB, 1280x988px) Image search: [Google]
gay snake.jpg
75KB, 1280x988px
>>44041048

Sounds gay
>>
>>44041082
>Although I have to wonder what happens if someone swaps groups...
What do you /think/ Vampires do to traitors?
>>44041048
>>44040930
>>44040952
Feels like this'll be the start of a new sorta "meta plot lite" the way Games Workshop does at times.
>>
>>44041204
That game being run isn't an official thing.

Also, what metaplot lite GW?

Isn't "metaplot lite" how nWoD works?
>>
>Tenebrae Noctis will take place on Saturday, December 12th 2015 at Kommandeursburg castle in Kerpen.

>That’s right! We’ll have a whole castle just for ourselves! From 10am to 5am the following morning, all the place is ours. We will cast deep shadows over it and allow the horrors of the World of Darkness to take over!

Someone's going to be murdered at this thing, aren't they. This is a bad USA Network mystery series episode waiting to happen.
>>
>>44041240
>Isn't "metaplot lite" how nWoD works?
Well yes kinda. I'm not buying the EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE ROLLED BACK TO cWoD narrative.
>Also, what metaplot lite GW?
In the sense that isolated events change without the overall setting changing too much.

For example, if the Demon faction wins something TFV will henceforth be an Unchained, rather than a Kindred lackey.
Which by the way makes more sense IMHO.
>That game being run isn't an official thing.
Never mind then.
>>44041278
>>Someone's going to be murdered at this thing, aren't they.
Let's put it that way. If Hagen ends up ritually eating Rich I'll be terrified but completely unsurprised.
>>
>>44041278
>Someone's going to be murdered at this thing, aren't they. This is a bad USA Network mystery series episode waiting to happen.
I know right, you could actually have it as the set up for a game.
>>
>>44041278

It's not a LARP until someone gets killed
>>
>>44041332
>If Hagen ends up ritually eating Rich I'll be terrified but completely unsurprised.
I find the idea of someone Diablerizing a member of the dev team hilarious.
>>
>>44041343
inb4 that's the setup for the megagame.
Games within games.
>>
>>44041240

nWoD isn't "metaplot lite" as much as it is "Year Zero". The games present a situation where the game begins when you, the player, opens the book. All the setting does is explain how we got to this point. Occasionally the setting updates, but that's less to create a story and more to make sure that the gap between now and the game's Year Zero isn't as deep.
>>
>>44041359
>>44041332
Why would he diablerize his Childer though?
>>
>>44041388
Why not? The opener for a session based on this is when every con-goer who sees the Diablerie realizes it is NOT an act, then the panic starts.
>>
>>44041332

Luckily Rich and the OPP team aren't showing up, so no diablerie...for now. Also I just realised that MRH is going to be given time to sell what he's working on to the con. The legend of Mark ReinCardHagen lives!
>>
>>44041332
>Which by the way makes more sense IMHO.
Cheiron being run by aliens is the best.

Also, yeah, that'd be cool. I don't mind having fiction characters, and I'd love characters in World of Darkness where we can enjoy THEIR stories and chronicles, especially if they either a) don't involve world ending events that players have no hand in, or b) there are so many world ending events that it's frankly amazing the World of Darkness hasn't been destroyed.

Like, I want WoD novelizations that are basically Actual Plays.

>>44041278
>This is a bad USA Network mystery series episode waiting to happen.
"Here's what happened..."
What splat is Monk? Shawn Spencer? Eliot Stabler? ... Gibs?
>>
>>44041476
>... Gibs?
He's a Splat all his own.
>>
>>44041476

That wad the original plan for nWoD. The continuing story was going to be about the Signature Characters and only be relegated to short stories and novels. Then the publishing industry had a mild collapse.

Also they're all Mortals with various Conditions and advantages. That is, except Gibbs, whose a fucking Demon.
>>
>>44041519
>That is, except Gibbs, whose a fucking Demon.
Explains why he's able to pop up behind Dinozzo at just the right moment to thwap him one for being an idiot.
>>
>>44041519
>That wad the original plan for nWoD. The continuing story was going to be about the Signature Characters and only be relegated to short stories and novels.
That's actually really fucking cool. All the continuous narrative without the drudgery of OMG BIG EVENT LOL followed by the same six months after.
>>44041476
>Like, I want WoD novelizations that are basically Actual Plays.
Hell. Yes.
>a) don't involve world ending events that players have no hand in, or b) there are so many world ending events that it's frankly amazing the World of Darkness hasn't been destroyed.
These, yes. I also enjoy the 40kRPG/Delta Green approach of containing potentially world-ending threats a couple steps before they ever lift off.

Yes, this object COULD swallow the whole world. No, we're not making a JRPG quest outta it, go shoot the bastards and report back to base. That kind of thing.

Or, in other words, sometimes high stakes are fun without having to make everything into a massive bossfight.
>Cheiron being run by aliens is the best.
I'll just use this opportunity to reiterate that Cheiron's not even half as cool as they by all rights deserve to be.

Also, on a very tangentially related note: Whom would a Freehold contact upon discovering something that's not Fae is picking them off one by one?

Yes, butthurt Scelesti
>>
>>44041663

It's too bad it never happened. The nWoD fiction was pretty decent, with Greg Stolze's Vampire novels being the best. I haven't read Strangeness in the Proportion or The Silent Knife, though.

Also not even kidding, since this is straight up their job: the Freehold probably calls in a Beast and their brood. Though if you don't want crossover, they probably contact another Freehold in the city, and in a other state/country via the Hedge if things get really bad or they're very isolated.
>>
>>44040930
>Tenebrae Noctis
Is that grammatically correct? It doesn't sound right... Then again I dropped out of Latin after a year so what do I know
>>
>>44041663
>I'll just use this opportunity to reiterate that Cheiron's not even half as cool as they by all rights deserve to be.
In what way?

>>44041748
Isn't that like... "shadow night"? Night's Shadow?
>>
>>44041740
>>44041663
Speaking of Freeholds, I never quite managed to get a hold of "sensible" Changeling numbers.

I mean, unlike any splat that's not Sin-Eaters or Innocents (does anyone actually play that or is the market completely cornered by Little Fears and MAOCT?) there isn't really a limit after which they'd take food/security/maneuvering space/just plain territory away from each other.

This means the limit is purely in how many Changelings ARE made each year, not how many a city can support, which logically shouldn't really be an issue.
>>
>>44041866

Given that it's implied that Changeling populations only spike every century, it's probaby very small. Lords of Summer, I believe, straight up says that the population numbers are "don't worry about it".
>>
>>44028561
Did /tg/ just fix Beast?
>>
>>44039986
How about revised? It hasvworked before.
>>
>>44038137
>we have a single "Mystery Cult Influence" Merit for the budding crypotopoly-managers and minotaurs in your game

Will the merit be available to all mages, or just to members of the Silver Ladder and Guardians? Will there be any prereqs like Order Status?
>>
>>44042245
It gets shit done.
>>
>>44026684
Is there anything particularly interesting in 2e?
>>
>>44044396

The new nWOD corebook will contain a generic monster/antagonist creation system.
>>
>>44044396

It's never coming out, that's the interesting part
>>
>>44039830
Shit son, that looks really nice. What're you using to make the map?
>>
>>44044653
Nevermind, I'm a retard please rape my face with a saw
>>
>>44044603

I think we might see the new corebook before Christmas. I surmise that Paradox will finally approve the book after the event in Germany over the weekend.

Mage 2e, on the other hand will be a long time coming. OP is still waiting on art, and then it still requires layout, final editing, and then Paradox approval. Memorial Day 2016?
>>
>>44044426
That's a bit lackluster but also good news. I'll just continue with the first edition.

>>44044603
el oh el
>>
File: Slasher.gif (1MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
Slasher.gif
1MB, 300x169px
>>44044676
Okay then
>>
>>44044722
That's not lackluster, it's great.
Especially compared to the previous corebook, which had "ghosts" and "crazy people". Anything else and you'd have to make it up yourself.
>>
Anyone got any PDFs of scenarios or session plans? I'm running an investigation based session and I'm really struggling with putting it together. Looking for ideas/inspiration.
>>
>>44044814
Well yeah but... I mean, I guess it's good that they provide proper guidelines now but it's not like it was difficult to make monsters and shit to begin with.
>>
>>44044739
SAW, not motörshaw!
>>
>>44044856
What gameline?
>>
>Mummy
>>
>>44044928
Chainsaws are more hilarious.
>>
>>44044908
Eh. If you had ONLY the corebook? Yeah, it would have been pretty hard to make monsters. You'd have to basically make up any powers or rules they use.
>>
>>44021738
>If anyone has advice on making a Chummer style sheet generator, that'd be super helpful.
Would it be as useful for both WoD as it is for Shadowrun ? You're already limited to your splat by creation, as opposed to SR's creation.
>>
>>44044964
Mortals, although anything supernatural is fine, I can always tweak stuff.
>>
>>44045483

WoD splats have a surprising amount of content in them, sometimes even obscured content. If nothing else, it'll.kae things easier.
>>
>>44041278
>>44041476
What would Neil Caffrey's stats be?
>>
Mage Art is in. Mage is now in the hands of Paradox, this can not possibly go wrong.
>>
>>44046567
It's still listed under art direction though, so I guess it's approval on the art or something rather than on the whole product? It would seem weird for it to skip layout entirely.
>>
>>44046697

Pretty much certainly, yeah. That said, they've definitely had the art long enough.
>>
im playing VTMB and its a load of fun.. is VTM anything like this?

also, whats the typical VTM game like? is it more politicing than action?
>>
>>44046859
>also, whats the typical VTM game like?

Twilight, except everyone speaks like they're in a low budget shakespeare-esque play
>>
>>44046567
>>44046697
>>44046740

It does look like only the art is at Paradox for approval. The book will still need layout, final editing and development from Dave, and then ultimate Paradox approval, which if the nWOD core is indicative, is now a long process. I will not hold my breadth waiting for the book.

I also noticed that Changeling 2e is still in redlines, Hurt Locker still in development, and David Hill hasn't even posted on the OPP forums since around October, despite previously being a regular poster. Is DavidH sick or something?
>>
>>44044908
>>44044722
It's primarily interesting for Mortals, HtV, Innocents and Mage. The rest can get by just fine without it but these four basically require you to make it /weird/.
>>44045483
>Would it be as useful for both WoD as it is for Shadowrun ? You're already limited to your splat by creation, as opposed to SR's creation.
Demon's got a lot of moving parts; There is your starting cover, your embeds/exploits/Cipher, demon form and alt covers. Mortals/Hunters have an increasingly high amount of powers and gear as well.
>>44037436
>>44037691
Right, going to make a throwaway if you want.
>>
>>44046859

Y'know Orwell's description of the future? It's that, but with more eyeliner.
>>
>>44046932

Hurt Locker can't come out until 2e core's out, and Changeling had a change in writers a while ago.
>>
>>44046932
nWoD2 is literally their first approval, so I imagine it's liable to go a little faster with subsequent things, but no, it probably won't be out by Christmas or the like.
>>
>>44046859
Assholes with superpowers, usually.

No matter how deep a concept VTM starts with, it usually comes down to assholes with superpowers.
>>
>>44041332
>I'm not buying the EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE ROLLED BACK TO cWoD narrative.
They've talked about "moving forward with both Worlds of Darknesses" (in gramatically-incorrect double-plural, just to be extra clear) a few times since the acquisition announcement, so no, the "everything is going to be cWoD" thing seems to not be happening.
>>
>>44047732

At this point, I'm expecting their "One World of Darkness" to just be a forum or something.
>>
>>44046567
Not until mike builds the pdf, I comment it, and then mike changes it. I have to do the dance of page XX.
>>
>>44047843
>Not until mike builds the pdf, I comment it, and then mike changes it. I have to do the dance of page XX.
Has Paradox talked to any of the freelancers at all so far? inb4 no and really I hope they don't
>>
>>44047843

So, is the art just at Paradox for approval?

Also, am I the only one who believes the fact that a company called "Paradox" must approve Mage 2e to be more than a little ironic?

Hopefully, the Paradox reviewer doesn't see the book, suffer an identity crisis, and then forget the book even exists.
>>
>>44047843
Reality is a cruel and cold place
>>
>>44047994

>Paradox
>Mage

Yes, that joke has been made since the day the rights were acquired. It's getting old at this point. Let's not drive ourselves into an abyss of bad puns.
>>
>>44047994
>Also, am I the only one who believes the fact that a company called "Paradox" must approve Mage 2e to be more than a little ironic?
xDDDD EBIN
No really this is so fucking played out. Go away.
>>44048040
Is Mind 3/Spirit 2 enough to force a meme indefinitely?
>>
>>44048197

Why would you need Spirit at all?
>>
>>44048197

It's not a meme, it's just a bad pun. And honestly one I feel guilty for making.
>>
>>44047877

Why would they talk to freelancers? I figure all their communication is to Rich.
>>
>>44048219
>Why would you need Spirit at all?
Because Spirits are memes made of Essence. Pedobear exists in Twilight.
>>
>>44048421

In 2e, memes would appear to be more like goetic entities and not spirits, and hence solely the purview of Mind.
>>
>>44047994
>So, is the art just at Paradox for approval?
That's what it says, yes. The art is done, now it's gone to the rightsholder to approve. Paradox has to declare that the art is good enough to go into the book, fits the vision they have for Mage 2e, (hopefully) doesn't include any plagiarized material like happened in Exalted 3e, etc.
>>
I just want Dreams of Avarice and Dark Eras. I've already given up hope of Wraith or the VtR supplements ever coming out.
>>
>>44048197
>>44048421
Memes are, at most, Temenotic entities/Temenotic regions.

All you'd need to force a meme is Mind 2 or Mind 3 + Indefinite Duration, depending on what the Practice is.
>>
>>44048709

I didn't realize that there were two layers of Paradox approval.

Well, at least we'll probably see Mage 2e by Christmas 2016.
>>
Who is the most paranoid faction in nWoD?

I'd rate it Demons > Mages > TFV = Vampires = Changelings > Werewolves, with everything else not really needing to be so much paranoid as just simply careful.
>>
>>44048811
>by Christmas 2016.
How hard can it be to edit a book in less than 12 months? It's not like Paradox will have them redo rules on the mechanical level. Even post-processing a movie takes at most a little over half a year.
>>
>>44048850
Changelings are more paranoid than TFV/Vamp/Werewolves.
>>
>>44048850

Changelings can be as paranoid as any Demon; it's not really an inherent trait for Mages outside of GotV and some Seers.

And Prometheans have every reason to be paranoid, yet they didn't even make your list?
>>
>>44048913
>>44048850
Better question: Can TFV out-paranoia Delta Green?
>>
>>44048850

Changelings live in continual fear of being kidnapped and returned to their abusers for eternity.

They should be no. 2 or tied for no. 1.

Also, why exactly would mages be more paranoid than the obsessive, competitive, and highly territorial predators like vampires and werewolves?

If you're including Hunters in your list, they should be above everyone by Demons and Changelings.
>>
>>44048972

Nope. TFV still has official sanction while (some of) DG has spent 50 years as an illegal terrorist group.

Related: forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/hunter-the-vigil/10139-compact-delta-green-the-organization
>>
>>44048972
>tfw Delta Green and Night's Black Agents blow Hunter out of the water so hard that you never want to play it again
>>
>>44049012
>>44048958
IMO, changelings are less paranoid than mages and demons, because when mages and demons think all of reality is out to get them, they're right.
>>
>>44049027
>>44048972
Pretty sure not even Troubleshooters from the game literally called Paranoia could quite hit DG's high notes.
>>44049050
>Night's Black Agents
GUMSHOE is... weird. Not bad, just weird.
>>
>>44049012
Mages haved to contend with seers, each other, awakenings gone wrong, various factions who hate mages for being mages, but the worst part of all, in their hunger for truth, is the paranoia that something they think is true is in fact false, and they are further from knowing everything than they think they are.
>>
>>44049288

I don't believe the books actually portray the Mage setting as anywhere near so bleak and dangerous, nor typical mages so endangered.

It sounds more like you're describing Ascension, with the Traditions fighting a losing war for reality.
>>
>>44049423
>It sounds more like you're describing Ascension, with the Traditions fighting a losing war for reality.
Well, on one hand Awakening doesn't have Nephandi which is much less terrible already, on the other hand Seers seem to have almost GM-like Fuck You Up capabilities and they already won.
>>
>>44049063

Changeling 2e is literally all about motherfuckers hunting you down.

>>44049075

That's the kindest thing I've ever read about GUMSHOE on /tg/. I adore it, but this place loves to freak over it. The upcoming 60s Delta Green GUMSHOE game looks rad,myoo.
>>
>>44048893

Someone doesn't know about the magical wonders of White Wolf Editing.
>>
>>44049475
>That's the kindest thing I've ever read about GUMSHOE on /tg/. I adore it, but this place loves to freak over it. The upcoming 60s Delta Green GUMSHOE game looks rad,myoo.
What can I say, my reaction was always more "HOW DOES THIS EVEN" more than "HOLY FUCK THIS IS BAD". That's more reserved to Strike! RPG and Degenesis first edition.

Also, 2e will probably help fill in the gaps somewhat and make Hunter a biiiiit closer to the DG experience. Though the Integrity mechanic is - obviously and necessarily - far simpler than what DG or Nemesis have.
>>
>>44049423
the tone doesn't often veer that way, though it is an easy fit (that is why Mage Noir, for instance, is a write-up in chroniclers guide) but otherwise I've just embraced the 'addicted to mysteries' angle of 2e.
And although the tone doesn't impart it, most of the factions hunting mages work best when anonymous. The Seers typically act through proxies or manipulate social/economic events like masters of keikaku.
>>
>>44044967

>Mummy Fiction Anthology has been in redlines for almost two years.

Why this. I could write an entire Mummy Anthology all by myself at this rate.
>>
>>44049823

Is that Curse of the Blue Nile? That sounded awesome.

Maybe Paradox will let us have the Book of Going Westward eventually.
>>
>>44049870

No, that's supposed to be the Mummy novel CAS himself is writing and who knows what the fuck happened to that. Mummy Fiction Anthology is another stretch goal that seems to be stuck in redline hell. It entered redlines around the same time the much delayed Book of the Deceived did. I'm just happy we're getting Dreams of Avarice at this point.
>>
>>44049989

Book of the Deceived is my favorite nWoD book, so I'm glad to be getting more. It just bums me out that the Deceived and Apotheosis both get "tell-all" books, but the regular Arisen do not.
>>
>>44048850
Feeling tarded right now, who are TFV?
>>
>>44050364

Task Force: Valkyrie. Hunters from the US Department of Homeland Security.
>>
>>44050364
>Feeling tarded right now, who are TFV?
Task Force Valkyrie, essentially Men In Black from urban myth and the movie series based on it, though unlike either they're completely under-funded.
>>
>>44050364
Task Force Valkyrie, the government-funded hunter paramilitary group.
>>
So Aspel, I don't feel like making a Drive account, but I have a comment/question about the Manifestations. They're a little pricey, no? Werewolves have the ability to turn into fuzzy murder tanks, so that pricing for abilities seems fair. Sin Eaters don't really have anything except not dying and their manifestations.
>>
>>44050383
Nah, they're with the Treasury Department.
>>
>>44050436

So, THAT'S how Fort Knox keeps its gold!
>>
>>44046932
All my shit had to be re-contracted, so that's not helping.

Some of the stuff I finished before I was fired is still in use. CtL2 isn't one of them, but C20 is. Please, have a look at the KS on Thursday. Everyone tried really hard to make an edition that fixed the weirdness of old CtD and I think they kind of succeeded.

If it's okay, I might show up when a book I contributed to comes out and talk a little about it? What the NDA will let me talk about, at least. That cool with you guys?
>>
>>44051069
>If it's okay, I might show up when a book I contributed to comes out and talk a little about it? What the NDA will let me talk about, at least. That cool with you guys?
I do not really care. You shouldn't even be online.
>>
>>44051069

Yeah, that'd be cool! That's a pretty bold claim about CtD, but I'll give it a look. Hopefully it'll have the text available to read on the KS. I'm a little wary about giving to oWoD KSes in general though, because poor Deadguy's still in the Wraith mines.
>>
>>44051069
>If it's okay, I might show up when a book I contributed to comes out and talk a little about it? What the NDA will let me talk about, at least. That cool with you guys?
I've never had a problem with you. You can hang out and post here as much as you want.
>>
>>44051069
Leave.
>>
>>44051120
True, but Matt McFarland is developing this one and he has a pretty good track record for getting stuff out on time.

>>44051120
I'm aware. I don't know if the text will be available, and I can't exactly ask, but if you give it a chance I think you'll dig it.

>>44051261
I still post as anon, of course. I only use the trip when I'm saying like, "I know this because I am Amy" or something.
>>
>>44051340
rich thomas plz
>>
All I hope for in that big German WoD Crossover game is that at one point the STs all scream "Change Places!" and then everyone has to play with totally different rulesets and settings.
>>
>>44048421
>Pedobear exists in Twilight.
Pedobear is an Astral entity.

>>44048850
Taskforce VALKYRIE aren't even that paranoid, they just make other people paranoid.

>>44049063
But paranoia isn't about whether you have a reason to be paranoid. The schizophrenic who thinks God has turned the CIA against him is more paranoid than the guy who's avoiding the cops.

>>44049509
Yeah, there isn't any. In the old days it wouldn't take a year, it would barely take a day.
>>
>>44051508
>Yeah, there isn't any. In the old days it wouldn't take a year, it would barely take a day.

If only there would be some qualitative difference between them...

The only thing that changes from what it was to what it is, is that now they toss out the PDF to fans for free editing, as well.
>>
>>44050420
Iunno... are they? I plan on having them purchasable by a secondary set of XP ("Dead Beats", thanks again for whoever coined that horrible pun, you monster) and they can be gotten at the same time as regular XP. I've also probably explained it badly on the doc, but when you buy a Manifestation you get a free thing and when you buy a Key you get a free thing. Although I should probably just do it one or the other...

>Sin Eaters don't really have anything except not dying and their manifestations.
Sin-eaters have a ton. They actually have the most extensive template abilities of any super, as far as I can tell:
>See and hear ghosts
>Interact with Twilight through Reverse Possession
>Unseen Sense for: Ghosts, Numina, Manifestations, places people died, and general health of everyone around them
I like to say that they can see health bars.
>The ability to touch the dead or a deathstain and experience the physical sensation of death
>Ability to ignore [plasm] wounds, almost entirely
>Bonus to resisting poisons/disease
>Stay conscious until completely dead
>Give ghosts sentience, and aid in ghost Manifestation with their presence
Seriously why the fuck did they call the powers Manifestations when the term already meant something, and that something had to do with ghosts?
>Open Avernian Gateways without a special ability
>Can revive pretty much indefinitely and from anything (at the cost of sanity)
>Along with little things, like eating ghosts or healing by destroying Momentos or sacrificing a person.
>>
>>44051109
>You shouldn't even be online.
That's a weird thing to say. It's not like she's banished from the internet.
>>44051069
>All my shit had to be re-contracted, so that's not helping.
So, what, you got fired and now they can't use your work? Just how much stuff did you do?

>>44051120
I wish nWoD stuff got kickstarters...

>>44051346
>"I know this because I am Amy"
Probably shouldn't be doing that anyway. I mean, weren't you under NDA? And even then talking about the company might be bad for future prospects.

>>44051441
Will there be tea?

>>44051594
Hey, there is a ridiculous amount of quality now compared to oWoD or most of nWoD.
>>
>>44051784

It's Germany, there will be beer and oddly flavored vegetable snacks instead. And maybe fake edible blood or whatever it is WoD LARPers eat.
>>
>>44051784
>I wish nWoD stuff got kickstarters...
It does. Demon did, Beast did, Deviant probably will...

It's just the edition updates that don't.
>>
File: MynameisTrevor.png (74KB, 936x2496px) Image search: [Google]
MynameisTrevor.png
74KB, 936x2496px
Checkmate, Noddists.
>>
>>44051919

Yeah that pattern's pretty clear: new nWoD lines get Kickstarters, new edition cores do not. I think that's fair, if every big deal nWoD book had a KS I'd never have any money.
>>
>>44051784
The NDA is very specific. If I tell you, for example, "C20 does this new thing in particular" then I'd be in trouble. I can say "They aren't using my stuff here and here, but this stuff is awesome."

The only writing of mine that was thrown out is CtL2. My writing for Promethean and Demon STG are completed, so they'll stay, and I'm continuing to work on C20, but that will be my last Onyx Path project. Probably, I'll show up to hype those books and see what you think of my contributions, and then that'll be the end of this trip.
>>
>>44051996
>Homeless person implying the world is his home
kek. Lemme see the lease.
>>
File: kojima-main.jpg (152KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
kojima-main.jpg
152KB, 700x500px
>>44052005
>>44051919
I want the new editions to have kickstarters is what I'm saying.

>>44052023
Oh, you mean you're still technically working for the company?
"Clean out your desk and never come back... but also if you can finish up this thing you were working on, that'd be great"
Will Rich tell everyone you're still working for the company?
>>
>>44052102
Man, I don't know. They're gonna honor the contracts I already signed, but I'm not getting any new ones. That's all I know and I'm not interested in investigating further and risking pissing someone off.

In other words I'm alright.
>>
>>44052102

I don't. These new cores take long enough on their own, I don't want to wait any longer just for stretch goals and printing. Just write it up and lemme buy a deluxe POD if I so desire. nWoD KSes should be reserved for the new lines because they don't have the name power or the word of mouth to carry their sales like the other lines have.
>>
>>44052125
>In other words I'm alright.
I can't tell if that's sarcastic resignation or hopefulness. Either are pretty good. Although breaking NDAs aside, there's still "badmouthing the people paying you" to worry about. People in the thread have implied Rich has pull in the industry?

>>44052159
Yeah, but we'd get 99% Kickstarter texts.
I mean, doesn't matter to me, I'm too poor to buy books anyway. I'm hoping I can see about getting the 2e core for Christmas, but that's a distant dream.
>>
>>44052204
What? Dude, everyone I've ever met at Onyx has been a total bro, I'd love to work with each and every one of them again. If I said anything bad about any of them, then it's not what I meant to say.
>>
>>44052229
Well, yeah, I mean, you still seem to at least be on speaking terms with Matt, but "I got fired for this shitty reason" might look bad for future emp...loyers? Contractees? I don't know what the term is.

I mean, I wouldn't care, but I wouldn't be surprised if some companies didn't like that. "She'll complain about our shitty art"
>>
File: cherry violets.png (365KB, 500x482px) Image search: [Google]
cherry violets.png
365KB, 500x482px
>>44041866
>Innocents (does anyone actually play that or is the market completely cornered by Little Fears and MAOCT?)

Every time I watch a Gravity Falls episode I have the urge to play innocents

The feeling goes away after awhile
>>
>>44052297

It'd be a fun one-shot, at least.
>>
>>44052297
Gravity Falls is one of those shows that I'd watch if I didn't hate the art style. Gravity Falls and Steven Universe are very "Tumblr" shows, but I'd watch them if Tumblr did the character designs instead of the really cartoony style that's popular these days.
Also Adventure Time, but at least that's a very cartoony show with a Merry Melodies logic to it.
>>
>>44052297

I played a Mage game inspired by that once. Even had a really freaky secret-keeping uncle.

Shit got pretty dark after a while; uncle almost got an axe to the face when the crispy fried corpses of his parents got dug up.
>>
>>44052426
Nigga what? Have you see old cartoons? They look way worse than modern ones. Also what the fuck does tumblr shows mean? You mean people on tumblr like it? Cause everyone likes the show. You sound like you're just making retarded excuses.
>>
>>44052426
But tumblr does a disturbing amount of porn for Gravity Falls..and they're siblings.
>>
>>44052547
>You sound like you're just making retarded excuses.
Excuses for not liking something he doesn't like? OH HEAVENS BEWARE HE DARE NOT LIKE THINGS.
>>44052426
>Gravity Falls is one of those shows that I'd watch if I didn't hate the art style.
Ye I getcha.
>>
File: large.png (309KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
309KB, 500x382px
>>44052547
By "tumblr" I mean it's a show that people on Tumblr seem to like, both the fandom obsessing parts and the "SJW" parts. I'm fine with both of those. I also am saying that I prefer the fan art to the actual art style of the show.

I also literally compared it to old cartoons. But during the 90s you didn't typically have people with noodle arms or whatever. Sometimes you did, but usually it was more down to earth, I guess, or at least that's how I remember it, even if all that's coming to mind are shows like Courage the Cowardly Dog and Rocko's Modern Life.

>>44052560
It was hard finding things I can post. Being siblings makes it hotter

>>44052581
>Ye I getcha.
I actually like that one guy who does animations of Gravity Falls and Gumball as if it were an anime. They're really good looking.
Also he's drawn porn of them.
>>
How do Werewolf Packs form?

Werewolves don't really have a local social structure, and a Pack's territory is pretty huge, isn't it? Is it just the first four or five Werewolves to show up in an area?
>>
>>44052069
I think it's more tied to the Spiritual Theshold, but that's just me.
>>
>>44037283
>Tzimsce
>choosing psychotic dick girls

Toreador all the way.

also
>tfw when backed dark ages v20 and bought an extra book but have no group to play with :(
>>
>>44054432
From what I've read, basically. A pack will adopt new wolves when they go through First Change, and when they hit 9 or 10 members they'll just sorta split up. Occasionally, if a bunch of new wolves appear at the same time, they'll put them in a new pack, and help them get set up.

But I wouldn't know cause I can't find a game. v_v
>>
File: Slavs can't believe this shit.jpg (47KB, 413x253px) Image search: [Google]
Slavs can't believe this shit.jpg
47KB, 413x253px
>>44055188
>choosing a waifu who is literally entranced by every beautiful cock she encounters

Top Kek
>>
>>44050396
Official budget is small. But they get a sizeable of amount of funding from vampires.
>>
>>44054432
Well, first off, a pack incorporates more than just Uratha. Packs consitute Uratha, wolf-blooded, regular humans and occasionally even spirits(not the pack totem) and other supernatural creatures.

An example pack in Werewolf 2E was composed of a bunch of wolf-blooded adults and three our four Uratha teenagers.

As well, in urban areas, werewolf territory tends to be small, occasionally as small as a few blocks.
>>
>>44056701
>As well, in urban areas, werewolf territory tends to be small, occasionally as small as a few blocks.
Oh, I got the impression it was as big as a city itself
>>
Do we have any good resources for finding nWoD games online?
I've read the horror stories about the roll20 nWoD community, but if I can't find a Werewolf game soon, I'm gonna give in and try them.
>>
Any advice for running Werewolf 2e?
>>
>>44056805

There's not a whole lot. Nearby Gamers might still be around, and there's the /tg/ game finder when it's up but that's about it I think.
>>
File: Spaceship.png (383KB, 853x435px) Image search: [Google]
Spaceship.png
383KB, 853x435px
>>44052992
>Gravity Falls
>noodle arms
I don't think so.
>>
>>44056805
I think for online games /wodg/ might actually one of the better ones. Our regular silly debates aside, most of the posters here are all right.
>>
>>44056888
>>44056931

...dang, I'm in Shreveport, and amazingly, no one runs any loing term WoD of any flavor. I've had single sessions that were supposed to be campaigns, but the vietnamese fat man who was DM flaked cause people didn't make characters he liked.

And the Gamefinder has so far been disappointing.

>>44056860
If you're running online, let me play? I work 8 pm to 4 am, but I could stay awake for Werewolf.
>>
>>44056922

You can bend a noodle when you boil it, Anon. Clearly that is a boiled noodle.
>>
>>44056991
>boiled noddle arms
What. Also, there's no such thing as a 90 degree noodle with a defined shape and edge.
>>
File: tumblr_nspgaxlqAt1r7386xo2_1280.png (1MB, 1280x924px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nspgaxlqAt1r7386xo2_1280.png
1MB, 1280x924px
>>44056922
It's better than Steven Universe about it, but everyone is still short and cartoony. I'd prefer a not necessarily "realistic" style, but slightly closer to it.
https://youtu.be/TxaudriJ-qw
https://youtu.be/GUfxVf1ABkw
https://youtu.be/-F4zQAUUFPw
https://youtu.be/uWSqwcstJpQ
I'm talking about something like this.

>>44056989
>f you're running online, let me play?
The game is on F-list and I'm already uncomfortable with strangers as it is.
>>
does OPP politics bleeding into their work turn you off from playing their games?
>>
>>44057017
>F-list
Wouldn't be a problem. Werewolves were my first, and are my core fetish. It's cool though. Totally understand your objection.

Not really looking for a NC-17 game anyway. I don't have enough experience with playing a shifter.
Though my first ERP was on furcadia back in 2004
>>
>>44057017

>This cartoon looks too cartoony!

Someone hasn't seen modern John K. cartoons. Now that shit's too cartoony.
>>
>>44057099

No, because I'm an adult and can judge that the politics that show up in the books almost never show up at the table. It's not MYFAROG or Wraethuthu or some shit where the ideology drips off the page.
>>
File: GetOutAndDontComeBack.jpg (43KB, 642x482px) Image search: [Google]
GetOutAndDontComeBack.jpg
43KB, 642x482px
>>44057017
>>
File: gravity_falls.jpg (677KB, 1200x669px) Image search: [Google]
gravity_falls.jpg
677KB, 1200x669px
>>44057017
>cartoon are cartoony
Hold the fucking phone and stop the presses.

On a serious note, I like Gravity Falls' art style a lot. It's beautiful and characters are appealing to look at.
>>
>>44057181

Aspel loves the anime style. I don't know what you expected.
>>
>>44057099
Considering I like their politics? No.
Also, on the subject of politics in games, I think this is a good video that explains why the desire for "non-political" games is dumb.
https://youtu.be/7_tdztHiyiE

>>44057114
There is a /tg/nwod channel on there, you know.
I mean, maybe...
It's worth noting that I don't plan for it to be any more NC-17 than any other game I've ever run, but this one happens to be on a typefucking site, so no one needs to make excuses or hide it when they spend off-session downtime cybering in character. I tend to run games as if they were on HBO, and since I've done all my games over IRC, it's not as awkward. I mean, I'm infamous for playing a Promethean whose backstory and experiences involved a lot of rape. And also just being really, really dumb.
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/7307326/
>>
>>44057017
I would totally watch those as anime (except adventure time, it's better as sorta simple due to plot differences) But GF is too lazily drawn for an adult crowd, and even with an improved animation, Gumball is aimed at young kids.
>>
>>44057208
>characters are appealing to look at
You must be high, like ALL the time. The fan work is far superior.
>>
>>44057208
>dat muffin
Robbie you worthless piece of shit.
>>
>>44057239

>The fan work is far superior

The problem with Internet fandom in a phrase right there.
>>
File: tumblr_nr6rgkYZM31qjyqixo1_1280.jpg (46KB, 600x748px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nr6rgkYZM31qjyqixo1_1280.jpg
46KB, 600x748px
>>44057218
>backstory and experiences involved a lot of rape
God, that triggers my hero complex too much. I even joined the army to try to satisfy it.
I'm the guy who was making a big deal about saving Jennifer in Become The Vampire Quest.
Mature Werewolf in need of Rescue? Hitting ALL my major fetishes.

And I don't have an f-list account. Time to fix that...
>>
>>44057239
We have different tastes anon, different tastes.
>>
>>44057209

I don't know who this Aspel is, but he can get the fuck out of life, too. He, >>44057239, and >>44057017 can all go have a nice party in not this plane of existence.
>>
>>44057218
no your dumb. There is a point where you shouldn't ass too much politics. Does OPP thing all their readers are left leaning SJWs? How about their right wing audience?
>>
>>44057218
>Also, on the subject of politics in games, I think this is a good video that explains why the desire for "non-political" games is dumb.

a shame this only works,one way and some politics are apparently barred from the new world order
>>
>>44057099
>does OPP politics bleeding into their work turn you off from playing their games?
I've refrained from ordering Werewolf, Demon and Ex3 for this reason, but beyond that I do not really care.
>>44057372
>a shame this only works,one way and some politics are apparently barred from the new world order
It's simple, anon. Politics are okay, but only if they're the PROPER politics. :^)
>>
>>44057224
>GF is too lazily drawn
The characters or the backgrounds?
>>
>>44057354
>no your dumb. There is a point where you shouldn't ass too much politics. Does OPP thing all their readers are left leaning SJWs? How about their right wing audience?
You evidently haven't read anything Eclipse Phase if you think this level of shilling is bad.EP forum mods deleted SCORES of threads about fleshing out a faction used to strawman Politics That Are Bad(TM) just so people wouldn't humanize them.
>>
>>44057209
Nah, I don't necessarily like *anime* style so much as something not quite as rounded and neotenous. I don't actually watch as much anime as people think, but some of the comic book shows out there have an art style I like (the DC animated movies, Ultimate Spider-Man).
>>44057208
There's more than one style of cartoon. I mean, "Anime" is such a different style of cartoon that people give it it's own genre. And there's a lot of difference between Merry Melodies and Aeon Flux.
I'd be more interested in Gravity Falls if it looked like Avatar the Last Airbender, for example. If I wanted to watch GF as it is now, I'd basically have to just "deal with" the animation for the story.

>>44057342
No?
I mean, people like different things. Are you just learning this? Did you also know that Santa isn't real?

>>44057354
What even are you trying to say?
>How about their right wing audience?
They can deal with the politics of the games or leave. You might as well ask the same question of any piece of work. What about Robert Heinlein's left leaning audience?

>>44057372
No it doesn't, and the statement that it does is stupid. I'm assuming you mean "oh no, the liberals want to ~censor~ us!" but look at The Hashtag That Shall Not Be Named. The entire thrust of it seems to be "Polygon/Kotaku/Games Journalists/Etcetera should shut the fuck up about things I don't agree with!"

For all the talk that liberals want things censored, the stereotypical complainer for most of my generation was the pearl clutching Church Lady going "think of the children!", an explicitly right leaning caricature. I mean, the video is in response to people of The Hashtag complaining about how games shouldn't try to "push their politics".

It works both ways. The New World Order is and always has been "things I like are allowed, things I don't like should go away". I mean, look at >>44057181 and >>44057342
>>
>>44057482
>a faction used to strawman Politics That Are Bad(TM)
Isn't that what every faction in Eclipse Phase is?

>>44057453
>I've refrained from ordering Werewolf, Demon and Ex3 for this reason, but beyond that I do not really care.
I'm curious what you mean by this.
>>
>>44057489
typical left winger
>>
>>44057505
>Isn't that what every faction in Eclipse Phase is?
No, that's not what strawmanning means.
>>
>>44057218
>>44057354
>>44057372

>the desire for "non-political" games is dumb.
Only if the GM is capable of running the game without forcing their politics on people. If the PCs are presented with good views of both sides of an issue, then fine, let the characters make decisions, but it has to be the CHARACTERS that make the political decisions, not the players. Forcing one side of any narrative onto the characters is poor GMing.

Politics can make for a very compelling storyline and character motivation, but only if the players and GM can do it and not be offended when their narrative is opposed.

For instance: nWoD Werewolves have a duty to reproduce, to maintain the werewolf population, thus, it follows that a female wolf would be coddled and forced not to carry out dangerous duties while pregnant, as continuing the species is a primary duty for the small population of Forsaken in the world.
>>
>>44057489
>What about Robert Heinlein's left leaning audience?

>Heinlein
>not a centrist
What. In. The. Mother. Of. Fuck.
>The entire thrust of it seems to be "Polygon/Kotaku/Games Journalists/Etcetera should shut the fuck up about things I don't agree with!"
Oh. Uh. Never mind then, I see how it is now.
>>
>>44057467
Characters, absolutely. The backgrounds are great, but they aren't the focus of attention.
>>
File: A Big Weird Happy Family.jpg (575KB, 1280x1820px) Image search: [Google]
A Big Weird Happy Family.jpg
575KB, 1280x1820px
>>44057489
>I'd be more interested in Gravity Falls if it looked like Avatar the Last Airbender,
Wanting for everything to look the same.

>>44057559
I guess, they're kinda charming though. Even if they're simplistic.
>>
>>44057017
so what youre saying is that you like anime
>>
File: ThisIsYou.gif (2MB, 569x320px) Image search: [Google]
ThisIsYou.gif
2MB, 569x320px
>>44057489
>I'm allowed my opinions

Yes. I am too. My opinion is that you picked awful examples for "better animation" if you didn't want a more anime look.

Besides which, I don't know if you're aware of this, but changing the medium of the story has pretty big impact on its feel and how things are contextualized. The same games for changing styles in the same medium. This should be most evident, even for you, in the second example you posted. The same events technically happen, but it plays out to the viewer in a totally different way, and changes how we interpret it.

I'm not gonna go watch Gurren Lagan and then go, "Boy, that was...ok...but you know what would make it great? If it was done in Garfield style! Yeah, I like Garfield," because that would totally change the impact of that story, even if the script stayed the same.

Your opinions are bad, and you should feel bad.
>>
>>44021738
>Here's the images I use to start threads http://imgur.com/a/oerTd
Do you have an album with just the pictures, no /wodg/ captions?
>>
>>44057546
Heinlein was notoriously conservative, friend. Him and PKD got into friendly spats about it all the time.

also @>>44057453
what was it about Demon that struck you as too political????? I assume that you don't like werewolf because of the gender-swapping magick(which is literally a non-issue and is perfectly consistent thematically), but what got you about demon?
>>
>>44057546
>What. In. The. Mother. Of. Fuck.
Fine; Ayn Rand. Heinlein came to mind because Starship Troopers the movie is famously "fuck the book". The book that says "HOORAH THE ARMY IS GREAT".
>I see how it is now
You're literally doing the thing.

>>44057509
I was mostly telling you how reality is, but it's true, reality does have a liberal bias.

>nWoD Werewolves have a duty to reproduce, to maintain the werewolf population, thus, it follows that a female wolf would be coddled and forced not to carry out dangerous duties while pregnant, as continuing the species is a primary duty for the small population of Forsaken in the world.
No they don't. And female Uratha can often wade into battle pregnant. Can't remember whether Blood of the Wolf has Gauru protect the child or self-aborts.

>>44057682
I thought it was sort of implied that I'd prefer the visual tone where different, but I guess I was wrong.

>>44057665
I don't hate it. I just don't really watch it, either. I mean, the last two animated shows I watched were Case Closed and Batman Beyond.
No, wait, Batman vs Robin.
>>
>>44057509
>winger
I can't help but think of the character from Garret, P.I. Every time I see this word.
>>
>>44057791
liberalism=!left wing.
>>
>>44057831
In the US it is. Depressingly enough.
>>
>>44057647
>they're kinda charming though
eh, too simplified, not expressive enough for me. I'd rather more human proportions. With absurd occasional reactions, instead of every moving being an absurd exaggeration..
>>
File: mirai004.gif (135KB, 245x170px) Image search: [Google]
mirai004.gif
135KB, 245x170px
>>44057791
>No they don't

You can actually earn...I think it's honor renown by taking a mate in 2E. One can interpret this pretty easily as "an obligation to continue the People." I think it's an interesting angle, personally.
>>
>>44057791
>The book that says "HOORAH THE ARMY IS GREAT"
Even the first movie says " HOORAH, YOU'RE SCUM IF YOU DON'T SERVE AND STILL WANT A VOICE" Though. Not that I disagree, but really, there's not much difference between the messages.
>>
>>44057546

Heinlein wasn't a centrist, he just waffled really fucking hard from left to right over the course of his writing career.

Seriously, Heinlein once campaigned for Upton Sinclair and then later on wrote a book in defense of fascism and followed it up with some that depicted a kind of anarchist utopian vision. The man wasn't consistent in his politics in his books.

>>44057537

Unless I missed my mark, wasn't there an entire section a 1e book that covered all this? And how female werewolves are still more or less able to murder whatever they're up against until the very end of their pregnancy, at which point the pack then does kind of coddle them?
>>
While we are discussing politics, why are people upset about the books including things like gender swap, neutral pronouns, homosexual characters, and things like that?
>>
>>44057831
>>44057851
>liberalism=!left wing.
You're right. "Liberal" is a slightly more neutral term while "left wing" is an insult. Progressive is probably the least accusatory term, although I think Fox News might use that one derisively as well.

>>44057858
>With absurd occasional reactions, instead of every moving being an absurd exaggeration..
This guy gets it.

>>44057867
But Werewolves aren't a thing where you make babies and they're werewolves. A family for ten generations of Uratha can have a child that never Changes while a family of non-Wolfblooded could have all their children Change.

Also, does this mean I can be the most honourable with a harem?

>>44057894
There's Blood of the Wolf, that goes into detail about werewolf biology, and covers pregnancy. It's one of my favourite books and I want to see other versions of it. Maybe a crossover book all about monster biology!
>>
>>44057791
>No they don't
It's in the core book, under the oath of the moon about Uratha not sleeping with Uratha. No supplement supersedes core, you know that. Like Chapter 2. Seriously. Reread it.
>>
>>44057908
Worldviews that contrast their own frightens people.

>>44057923
>It's in the core book, under the oath of the moon about Uratha not sleeping with Uratha.
>No supplement supersedes core, you know that.
Except for the second edition, you mean. that supersedes core.
>>
>>44057915
>ten generations of Uratha
If Uratha sleep with Uratha, they produce a monster wolf spirit that has no physical body. Please don't make me look it up, but it's ABSOLUTELY major taboo. Chapter 2.
>>
>>44057915
If your read anything about classic liberalism its the furthest thing from modern left wing politics.
>>
>>44057936
typical you twist everything into "fear" and "hate"
>>
File: Cleave to Humanity.png (24KB, 392x202px) Image search: [Google]
Cleave to Humanity.png
24KB, 392x202px
>>44057956
Fear leads to anger.
Anger leads to hate.
Hate leads to suffering.
Suffering leads to the Dark Side.

>>44057943
>Please don't make me look it up
Let me do it for you, since that was a major change between first and second edition. I mean, >>44057867 even says "In 2E".

>The Uratha mate among themselves and humans.
>>
>>44057936
>Except for the second edition, you mean. that supersedes core.
Well I'm sorry I don't make enough to justify a $50 investment when I can never find a game. I'm lucky if I have $80 to spare at the end of the month. But I can't morally quit. People will die.
>>
>>44057908

In a WoD game? No idea. I wasn't even aware anyone who would both picking up a WoD property would complain about those things. Though, I imagine everyone who isn't vested into those issues is getting pretty fed up about being exposed to them at this point.
>>
>>44057976
>Let me do it for you, since that was a major change between first and second edition. I mean, >>44057867 even says "In 2E".
>>The Uratha mate among themselves and humans.
Gotcha. Like I said. Can't justifying buying a book when I can never find a game
No matter how big my fetish is.
>>
>>44058010
>Though, I imagine everyone who isn't vested into those issues is getting pretty fed up about being exposed to them at this point.

Yeah, but why?
I'm not trying to be an asshole here, I literally can not understand what the problem is.
>>
>>44057745
>?????
Nooope.
>>44057745
I have no issue with the gender-swapping shit, to be honest.
>but what got you about demon?
The preachiness that turns up every second chapter.
>>
>>44057908
>While we are discussing politics, why are people upset about the books including things like gender swap, neutral pronouns, homosexual characters, and things like that?
What upsets me are fantasy pronouns used OOC to tell me that I'm a bad person for not liking them.
>>
>>44058131
>What upsets me are fantasy pronouns used OOC to tell me that I'm a bad person for not liking them.

Eh. Where did you find this? Also, why do you call them fantasy pronouns?
>>
File: ghoulio.png (552KB, 502x838px) Image search: [Google]
ghoulio.png
552KB, 502x838px
>>44058108
>The preachiness that turns up every second chapter.

could you...could you cite an example briefly if it's not too much trouble? I read that book cover-to-cover and I don't remember anything severely preachy, but i am a far-left legalize heroin now SJW so I probably just nodded and turned the page.
>>
>WoD General descends into politics again

Thanks, Aspel. At least we're in autosage.
>>
>>44057915
>But Werewolves aren't a thing where you make babies and they're werewolves. A family for ten generations of Uratha can have a child that never Changes while a family of non-Wolfblooded could have all their children Change.

Guess you best be having loads of children, eh? There's an Iron Master elder in my current game who's got like, seven young'ns.
>>
>>44058156

I think they're upset over the use of zhi and zhir, and a small side-box that comes up saying that if this makes people uncomfortable then that says more about them than the use of said pronouns. I think that came up for precisely one character, and I can't even remember if that's in Demon or Geist at this point.

If you're getting pissy at Demon - a game about genderless monstrosities inhabiting human flesh and dealing with human contrivances like gender and sex and the distinctions therein - having a broader definition of gender than the mainstream, I don't even know what you're doing holding the book.
>>
>>44057988
What are you even going on about. Also, it's not like the rest of us spent 50$. This is the internet, and 4chan specifically.

>>44058013
Oh, it's you. Look, just... join the /tg/nWoD channel on F-list and if I can get along with you then sure, you can probably play in my game. Although it probably won't satisfy your fetish though the rest of the site might.

>>44058090
I was only half joking when I said >>44057936. Any time something outside of the default is presented, it sticks out. In groups that are evenly male and female, for instance, people assume that women dominate the group, even though statistically they neither have more numbers nor do they talk more, as is the assumption. And while there are actually slightly more women in the world, men have most of the social power, the power of determining what gets seen in particular.
We see movies and games and television shows starring men and we assume that men are the default. Most people are also homosocial, so for guys, they hang around other guys as well.

The human mind is trained to ignore the familiar and focus on the different. What people AREN'T familiar with is going to stick out to them. And often, yeah, with that comes discomfort, because what you see doesn't match what you believe the world is like.
>>
>>44058208
>Harem justification

I'm totally okay with this. Lets go, I'd make a great wolf anyway.
>>
>>44057943
That doesn't happen in 2e.
>>
>>44058090

They get brought up a lot in all forms of media these days...and in just general discussion. If the issues have literally no affect on your personal life, or you just don't care, having them brought up in your recreation activities ALSO can become taxing.

I unno. That's the best I can describe it without getting into personal examples.
>>
>>44058227
>The human mind is trained to ignore the familiar and focus on the different
Absolutely. That's part of why the most extreme of both sides get attention, and any political discourse turns into no guns vs fuck the government, my tinfoil hat don't work so good.
>>
Yeah, just to clarify: Uratha do not have a duty to reproduce and do not have a struggle to keep population numbers up.

On one side, there mostly is no-where near the level of organisation and data collection for the Forsaken to even try and engage in large-scale population management; on the other, the dangers and threats that Forsaken face are on the scale of the survival of the people living *right now* in their packs and their territories, not the continuance of their species.

Uratha aren't generally worried about the fate of the entire werewolf 'species', inasmuch as one exists. Generally, no-one is going to tell a werewolf 'you must have babies because otherwise there will be no next generation of warriors!'
>>
>>44058307
I'm honestly disappointed. I liked that piece iof drama. It allowed for more tragic relationships.
>>
>>44058213
>If you're getting pissy at Demon - a game about genderless monstrosities inhabiting human flesh and dealing with human contrivances like gender and sex and the distinctions therein - having a broader definition of gender than the mainstream, I don't even know what you're doing holding the book.
Okay.

>>44058170
See
>>44058131
BUT ANYWAYS, enough of this.

Is there a Hedge on the open sea? Because I wonder whether a desperate Freehold couldn't just steal enough money to lease an old tanker and fuck off into international waters.

Methinks it should work reasonably well.
>>
File: Check Yir Privilege.jpg (44KB, 439x320px) Image search: [Google]
Check Yir Privilege.jpg
44KB, 439x320px
>>44058156
They mean this sidebar talking about how one of the characters uses a nonstandard pronoun for zherself. Also, holy fucking shit, trying to find this sidebar I had to slog through Mortal remains, which in some places has shit layered six or seven deep. Why the fuck did they not flatten the layers?
And it turns out I already had it saved, too...

Anyway, they're not actually fantasy pronouns, and they're something English sorely lacks (other languages have them), but doesn't have, and no one can agree on which ones to use.

Most of the hate against them--especially among groups where the problem of "what does that word mean?" is gone--is because "they're made up".

>>44058131
No, it tells you that it shouldn't really be that unusual in the first place, and suggests that it shouldn't be an issue. Heck, it's mostly what I just said >>44058227
>The human mind is trained to ignore the familiar and focus on the different.

>>44058193
>Implying it was my fault
>>
>>44058363
>Is there a Hedge on the open sea? Because I wonder whether a desperate Freehold couldn't just steal enough money to lease an old tanker and fuck off into international waters.
Deep Sea Fae are probably mermaids, dunno.
>>
>>44058380
>(other languages have them)
The fuck? You gotta back your claim up.
>>
>>44058380
>Most of the hate against them--especially among groups where the problem of "what does that word mean?" is gone--is because "they're made up".
No, they're unpronouncable and therefore inappropriate to use in any form but written language.

Which already is quite telling.
>>
>>44058390
they do but those were natural progression of their language. What the left wing tumblr crowd is forcing down a pronoun in a language so that they would be recognized.
>>
>>44058390
Persian/Farsi
>>
>>44058344

See, to me it always came off as a cheap excuse to replicate Apocalypse's social structure without really thinking why it'd be necessary to do so. It's not even like there's a chance that there could not be an Unihar so it'd make sense for an Uratha to go "damn the consequences!" It's just an obviously bone headed move that creates a mini-boss monster than a real tragedy.
>>
>>44058338
Gotcha boss man. Like I said. Can't justify yet another purpose when I literally NEVER found a game in the last edition of Werewolf or Vampire.

So ignore me. Mainly just bitterness and alcohol . Fuck Shreveport. And you think it'd have a decent group after trublood...
>>
>>44058344
In theory, yes. In practice it basically meant that no relationships, tragic or otherwise, happened because Ghost Children were roughly the equivalent of shooting yourself in terms of the inevitability of the lethal consequences.
>>
>>44058310

I guess I can understand that people would find something that gives them drama in their real life taxing, but I don't get that from gender pronouns - not in this direction, at least. A small little sidebar for one example character earns from me a shrug.

The rest of the time, well... As I've said, Demon's a game where your skin literally isn't your own. Is it so hard to see the obvious comparisons to trans people, who don't feel comfortable in a body that doesn't match how they feel inside? Makes sense there'd be crossovers, just as Changelings get comparisons to abuse survivors.

>>44058338

That's certainly a change. I remember an example line in 1e about Wolf-Blooded being dragged off in the night to "fulfill their duty". Rather glad that's gone.

>>44058363

One of the possible doorways to the Hedge is a pool of water. Oceans are fucking scary with that in mind.
>>
>>44058380
>Implying it was my fault
It may not be your fault, but you're a known namefag, so you get blamed.
>>
>>44058213
It was Mortal Remains, though there's also a Sin-eater NPC named Lolly in the corebook. Ze is a candyraver who protects weird hipster subculture people from shitty drug dealers who sell tainted product.

>>44058344
It was pretty dumb, to be honest.

>>44058310
Well it turns out they affect a lot of people, and those people do care. Those people also tend to spend most of their lives hearing about OTHER people's issues to begin with. I mean, queer people are only just now getting to see queer people on television as central characters, or at least not periphery ones. Although of course shit like Two Broke Girls just has to say "social progress? fuck that, let's see how crass and offensive we can be in 24 minutes plus commercials".

>>44058333
No, no. That's why people think mixed groups are dominated by outsiders. Extremes get attention because they stand out more and can get more views. Play to a niche, but make it the biggest one you can, and you'll have a healthy demographic. That's how Fox News does it.

>>44058363
>Okay.
They're right, though; Demon is about playing a non-human creature that was never human. You're a genderless robot. You just might consider yourself a boy because your first cover had boyparts.
>See
But that was only one sidebar and it's nowhere near as bad as people make it out. And I don't even like the guy who wrote it all that much.

>Is there a Hedge on the open sea?
Why wouldn't there be?
Although an iron tanker would probably be a nice fairy fortress.

>>44058390
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender-specific_and_gender-neutral_pronouns#Other_languages

>>44058406
They're not unpronouncable. You just find them strange and unusual.
>>
>>44058475

Voice chat games have been a thing for a while now, you know.
>>
>>44058430
>Persian/Farsi
>possibly the worse cultures to cite.
Should we sacrifice transgender folks to Tiamat? Cause that was the standard. Burn them alive to appease the gods. You aren't allowed to cherry pick cultural beliefs. If you want one, and you're going to cite it for legitimacy, than you have to accept all of them,.
>>
>>44058513

>unpronounceable

Not that guy, but, personally, I'm not a fan of zhi and zher; not for what they imply but because they don't roll off the tongue. Z sounds are formed on the middle of the tongue, and hence are hard to form forcefully compared to harder 'sh', 'hh', and 'th' sounds. I like using the singular 'they' for this reason.

>>44058564

... Are you insane?
>>
>>44058462
One of the worst parts of nWoD1e was when they tried to be too similar to oWoD. The no-werewolf-sex thing was one of the biggest offenders. The Frenzy and Clan Flaw mechanics in VtR was another.

>>44058412
So? I mean, why does that hurt you? People who don't have any recognition in the world at large want recognition, if only in their small communities. Why does that seem to cause you suffering?

Also, plenty of words that are in use daily were originally "forced".

Hell, there are currently words I can't say on 4chan because they were so forced.
desu senpai.

>>44058531
So are IRC ones. IRC games are great.

Have a prelude that never got off the ground. It was going to be PIRATE GEIST
http://pastebin.com/xRU5Wi6S

>>44058564
If you're going to make claims like that, shouldn't you also back it up? I'm pretty sure that anon was really just pointing out that Farsi has gender neutral pronouns, though I find it hard to believe that transpeople were sacrificed to Tiamat.
Regardless, I actually did link the Wikipedia article on Gender Specific and Gender Neutral Pronouns.
>>
>>44037283

Tzimisce waifu domination
>>
>>44058594
because that's not how language develops.
>>
File: daisuke011.jpg (167KB, 800x568px) Image search: [Google]
daisuke011.jpg
167KB, 800x568px
>>44058338
Lunes love it when you make babbies for the cause though, right? Just as a matter of course, not for some Very Immediate and Important Reasons, right?

I say this because in my game(elder with the seven kids mentioned above), some of the local Uratha consider it important to have children, partially because there is a constant, sometimes low sometimes high-intensity conflict with the Pure in their region.
>>
>>44058485
>Ghost Children were roughly the equivalent of shooting yourself in terms of the inevitability of the lethal consequences.
I dunno. That feels like metagaming. Relationships develop despite taboos. If you can't insert into your PC's mindset, I feel like you aren't RPing right. So, so what if the law forbids it, If you and your sister save each other a lot and end up spending a lot of time together, it would be stupid to not expect a relationship to develop. Especially if you only met as adults.
>>
>>44058380

You didn't start it but you're part of the reason why this argument is always the same spiral down to shitsville, and I can't call other Anon by name. You can't just let the argument go or just leave it to one post, and you certainly don't argue your case well enough to change minds.

People can't handle politics that's not theirs. No matter where people are on the political spectrum, they live in a culture where the slightest thing that's off color to their personal politics sends hurts their feelings and offends them, especiallyif they use the internet. Nothing's going to change that until we finally get it over with and just start shooting each other over them. That includes being offended over sidebars in a gamebook. Just say your piece, let them say their piece, and we can move the fuck on.
>>
>>44058587
They is great, but it does have issues. Especially since it's conjugated as if it were plural.

>not liking z
What are you, English or something?
But yeah, I feel you. A lot of them come off as unusual, and stick out because... well, people ignore the familiar. For most people we flat out ignore "she" or "he" the the same way we'd ignore the the articles of a sentence.

I think ze and such work fine (better than hir and better in writing than xi), but the problem is they're not normal pronouns, so you'd have to explain them, which defeats the point of a pronoun in casual speech. I mean, pronouns are a thing that is used for someone, not by them. Plus there's this really awkward thing where you're basically forced to out someone and out yourself as an ally, which gets into some weird ethics.
>"Ze really had fun"
>"Wait, did you say the letter 'Z'?"
>"Oh, no, 'ze'. Ze's genderqueer, and doesn't feel comfortable with he or she".
That's why I tend to stick to "they". Although, man, when I write gender neutral characters or hypotheticals, I bend over backwards to make 'they' unambiguous.

All this talk of pronouns makes me wonder about languages without pronouns. I wonder how different that is. You wouldn't be able to be ambiguous, for one, so no quibbling and hiding your intentions while still saying something.

>>44058653
It's exactly how language develops. Fucking "Cinnamon roll" as a term of endearment didn't exist until last year.
>>
>>44058505
>>44058513

Wooof...you guys respond to too many people at once to keep this all sorted in my head.

I was explaining where the sentiment comes from, at least from what I can tell; I wasn't attempting to justify it.
>>
>>44058734
it wasn't forced by a bunch of idealouges though. Its not natural if you force it.
>>
>>44058594

>why does that hurt you

This reminds me of the parable of the two monks and the woman at the river.

An older monk and a junior monk were traveling together when they came to a river with a very strong current. As they prepared to cross, they met a woman who was too frail to cross on her own and she asked for help. The senior monk agrees to carry her across.

The junior monk is very upset at this, as monks are not allowed to touch women (go historical Buddhism!), but says nothing for a time. They walk on together in silence, leaving the woman on the opposite bank.

Eventually, the older monk asks the younger one what is the matter.

"As monks, we are not permitted to touch women!" cries the younger monk, "so how could you carry her on your shoulders!?"

The older monk laughs. "I left that woman behind on the bank a long time ago; you seem to be carrying her still."

>>44058653

Have you never read Shakespeare? His works are full of this stuff; just... Straight-up creating words (or borrowing from argot that wasn't in the use of the mainstream at the time) and sticking them in his writing, which people figured out purely by context and similarity.

This is exactly how language develops.
>>
>>44058678

There's taboo and "damn the consequences!" and then there's "No seriously, this spirit baby will always attempt to kill you and your beloved with a 100% success rate of forming and there's not even the slightest chance that you will be any different".

It's not meta gaming because even in-universe it's such an obvious outcome that if your Pack can sniff out that you've been boning another werewolf, you might as well execute them now.
>>
>>44058775

Idealogues forcing language development has been a major part of development since people could learn to speak. If we really cared about the concept of "natural" language development, the concept of slang would not exist. We wouldn't be arguing over style guides, having strict control over dictionaries, and organizations such as the Academia Frances would not exist.
>>
>>44058775

But no-one is forcing it; it's not mandated by a government, there's no laws making it the case... Just people, y'know, actually using it in their works, spreading it to others by doing so, which is the basis of natural language development.

>>44058734

A quick google suggests that Japanese doesn't really have pronouns, but it does have pronoun-like terms and gendered adjectives that can be translated as such.

And... Yeah, there's no perfect solution, I admit; I just prefer "they" for speaking, for a number of small reasons, but I'd use the z pronouns if requested.

I actually kind of default to using they to describe characters and people at this point too, I've noticed. No idea why.
>>
>>44058673
Be fruitful and multiply.
Honestly, it's always important for religious groups that they have children. And the Uratha are kind of straight up cultish.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiverfull

>>44058733
But this isn't really in "shitsville". And why should I leave it be? I mean, you can tell which posts are mine, but that's no reason I should hold my tongue.

>>44058678
But your character is likely even MORE uncomfortable with it, because it's THEIR sister. to you it's not.

>>44058750
>you guys respond to too many people at once
That's why I make sure to quote :V

>>44058778
>That parable
Here I thought it would be the old monk getting stuck and needing the woman's help... But good parable anyway, I'll have to remember it.

>Shakespeare
As the person arguing with that guy, I've actually been avoiding pointing out Shakespeare because it's likely that a lot of the words Shakespeare is credited with inventing probably were used but not written down at the time. He's just the first to have used it in a format that stuck around.
After all, no one would know what a crocodile was based on a stage play.

In fact, it's even theorized that a lot of the words were used by women. Of course, this is all hypothesis. Hard to have evidence based on how people talked with each other hundreds of years ago.
Another fun Shakespeare fact: His accent would not have been Received Pronunciation
https://youtu.be/Hi-rejaoP7U

And English people also probably once sounded like Southern US/Virginia
>>
>>44058531
And I have
n't found a single game that had an opening. I'll look for a month or two, then get frustrated and give up for 3 or 4 weeks and then start looking again. All I have is disappointment, and some asshole who stole my core book.
>>
>>44058587
>... Are you insane?

......maybe? I was literally responding to a prior post that cited them though.
>>
>>44058859
Japan has personal pronouns, I know that much. Have a citation even less professional than Wikipedia:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/UsefulNotes/JapanesePronouns

>I actually kind of default to using they to describe characters and people at this point too, I've noticed.
I definitely do. I mean, go through and look at the Google Doc in the header. I don't think I used any pronouns except when I tried to force it (when I go through the redraft I'll do it proper).

>>44058961
That post said nothing about sacrificing transpeople to Tiamat, though, you did...
That's why you seem insane.
>>
>>44058678
So, to look at this from the game design point of view:

Ghost Children in 1e weren't actually included in the game to facilitate tragic romances - they were there to force werewolves to remain linked and grounded with humanity (since they had to look to 'normal' humanity for relationships). A Ghost Child wasn't supposed to be a tool to enable tragic relationships, it was supposed to be a brick wall - hence the sheer level of danger involved.

When it came to 2e, we looked again at Ghost Children. They had a huge number of issues around the portrayal of relationships and sex, the really not-good role they played in rape, and the fact that they hacked out a large area of thematic game-space and rendered it unusable. Ghost Children meant you couldn't really do anything *other* than suicidal tragic relationships amongst Uratha. They robbed any nuance to the cleaving to or alienation from humanity. They also, to me at least, felt quite a lot like a holdover from Apocalypse sensibilities rather than something that made sense in Forsaken as a freestanding element.

Removing Ghost Children meant we had to address how to keep werewolves grounded in humanity from other angles, but this was a) something we *wanted* to do and b) opened up a whole load of new possibilities to develop and explore.

Additionally, removing Ghost Children did not in any way reduce the scope for doomed and tragic romances amongst werewolves, much like how humans manage tragedy of that sort without any psychotic murder babies enforcing no-touching rules.
>>
>>44058900

I'm aware of Shakespeare drawing from his local argot; hence referencing that in the post. It's just that he formalized it; we don't get any references to these things before him and, after him, they appear in the works of writers throughout the world.

Likewise, pronouns like zhi and zher haven't exactly seen much use beyond a relatively small community, but as writers and artists and other people start using them more and more in their daily lives, they'll start becoming more visible and more widely used.
>>
>>44058900
>But your character is likely even MORE uncomfortable with it, because it's THEIR sister. to you it's not.
Look Mr. Dubs, that's a central European thing. My family has been in th US since 1598(according to birth records) and my mother, cousin once removed, grandmother, great aunt, and great-grandmother all suggested I should marry one of my cousins at our last family reunion. Admittedly, yes, we all have the family love for booze, but still. My point is, inbreeding is not as uncommon as we'd like to believe among humans. (probably more prevalent in the WoD, where shit's fucked up and you don't know who to trust, yo)
>>
>>44058979
>That post said nothing about sacrificing transpeople to Tiamat
Just referenced cultures that DID sacrifice people. My point is you can't cherry pick parts of a culture. Take it all or take nothing, as it's all interconnected.
>>
>>44058505
>That's certainly a change. I remember an example line in 1e about Wolf-Blooded being dragged off in the night to "fulfill their duty". Rather glad that's gone.

Stopping Wolf-Blooded being 'breeding stock' was a significant goal to several of our changes. My impression was always that Wolf-Blooded in Forsaken were least interesting when they were basically holdovers of the Kinfolk from Apocalypse, and that we were far better off making them their own thing for Forsaken.

>>44058673
Ish. I think it's the Full Moons who care the most because taking a mate and having kids is most in-line with the purity of the predator's existence.

The children of a werewolf are by no means guaranteed to be anything other than regular humans, though, so 'for the cause' is a somewhat dubious rationale for werewolves. Werewolves tend to have kids because, well, they're pack and family orientated creatures. This then clashes with the horrible reality of 'how do I protect my children from the enemies of the Forsaken?'
>>
>>44059041
>much like how humans manage tragedy of that sort without any psychotic murder babies enforcing no-touching rules.

You have obviously never visited he rural American South...
>>
>>44057791
>Can't remember whether Blood of the Wolf has Gauru protect the child or self-aborts.
>Gauru self-aborts
That alone would be enough to not let pregnant Uratha anywhere near a fight. Werewolves can end up in Gauru involuntarily quite easily.
>>
>>44058513
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender-specific_and_gender-neutral_pronouns#Other_languages
No.
>>
File: DatsRight.jpg (30KB, 250x314px) Image search: [Google]
DatsRight.jpg
30KB, 250x314px
>>44058941

That's funny, cause the only game of Werewolf (oWoD) I've ever played, I was called in as a "striker" cause I'd played another RPG with one of the PCs, and they were short a person for a new game......and it turns out I don't even care too much for the game.

So say....what'cha drinkin' there, pally? What's yer poison?

In all seriousness though, just join a different game you like in the mean time. If you click with the people, they'll let you know latter if something fresh starts.

Also, I just had a few hundred dollars worth of my own stuff stolen recently, so I feel ya.
>>
>>44058208
>Guess you best be having loads of children, eh? There's an Iron Master elder in my current game who's got like, seven young'ns.
>Seven children
>an unusually large number for a culture focused on having lots of children
I take it you've never met an old-fashioned Catholic family? One of my grandparents was one of ten, the other was one of twelve. I have cousins with fourteen siblings.
>>
>>44059041
I understand your points. Truthfully, I'm probably being limited by my frustration with my local scene and the fact that I can't find a good game. Regardless, I liked the old limitation, because it felt like a price for power sort of thing. And yes, it was fairly straightforward, but not everything needs to be nuanced to hell and back. Occasionally there are things you literally can't do as an individual. If anything, I would of adjusted it so that OCs would have needed to win the support of the majority of their tribe for any ritual that allowed WolfxWolf to have a wolf kid, ya know? Make it a difficult but potentially attainable goal, so that if PCs wanted to pursue it, it could become a major plot point in itself.
>>
>>44059181
>So say....what'cha drinkin' there, pally? What's yer poison?
Cheap Brandy
>In all seriousness though, just join a different game you like in the mean time.
Can't find one. I've been listening to /tg/'s advice and avoiding roll20 games, and have been starving as a result.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cOt9UcYGOU
Matter, Life or Prime /wodg/?
>>
>>44059188
>. I have cousins with fourteen siblings.
Jesus. I have one cousin with one kid.

Our whjole generation has been rather hesitant to have kids it seems. None of us want to have kids before we can be sure of providing for them
>real world problems, fuck it. We play games to avoid the real world.
>>
>>44059081

My grandfather once mapped his side of the family all the way back to the 1300s or so. Every member of the family beyond a certain point comes from a 30 square mile patch of Wales; the "tree" looks more like a very confused twig right up until near 1900.

Inbreeding was very common throughout history. Very, very common. Not my cup of tea, though.

>>44059108

... But you CAN cherry-pick parts of a culture. Why the fuck couldn't you? Hell, some of our biggest moments in history occur from cultural exchange, where two cultures exchange favoured ideas without completely supplanting the other.

I mean, every bit of math I use in my work is based to some extent on Euclid's groundwork, and a lot of the theatre I enjoy is based on Greek foundations. Doesn't mean I have to go out and fuck young boys, does it?

I use a taxonomic classification system first developed by Linnaeus. I don't need to start learning Swedish and developing a taste for fish.

>>44059041
>>44059151

This is the sort of stuff I love to hear: Consideration of how mechanics affect player AND character sentiment.

As far as the Wolf-Blooded being more interesting goes, you definitely managed that, but I'm still unsure they emphasize the role they're meant to fill as much as they could be.

For example, it'd be interesting to see if Wolf-Blooded could earn some measure of Renown. Not as much as Uratha, but an acknowledgement that comes with a small blessing or some such; something that makes them more formal members of the Pack (and offers a reward that makes service more worthwhile). It'd be neat to know that there's Wolf-Blooded in the legends of the Uratha, if not as often as Werewolves.

Or give us merits for Wolf-Blooded that help emphasize the sense of familial unity. Things that give us reason for Uratha to work with their families instead of just going to start their own Pack, with blackjack and hookers.
>>
>>44059041
>they hacked out a large area of thematic game-space and rendered it unusable.
Honestly, the whole "no fucking the other PCs" thing has always felt odd to me since Werewolf is ALL ABOUT that same kind of incestuous clique feeling that comes from a group of friends where everyone has had sex with everyone else in the group and everyone has dated at one point.

But really the fact that they were just an even harsher version of Metis in a setting without breeds is the most egregious part. Even in setting they don't serve a purpose. It's not like the Metis, with the silly "TOO PURE" logic.

>>44059043
>Likewise, pronouns like zhi and zher haven't exactly seen much use beyond a relatively small community, but as writers and artists and other people start using them more and more in their daily lives, they'll start becoming more visible and more widely used.
What I find really weird about that kind of pushback is that it usually comes with a bit of cognitive dissonance. "Censoring people is wrong! ... but don't do that thing I hate".

>>44059081
>Central Europe thing
Uh... I'm from fucking Virginia and I would find it weird to marry a cousin. And more than that, with Werewolves in Apocalypse, the impression was more DIRECTLY incestuous, like fucking your sister, not a distant cousin.

>>44059108
No one was even cherry picking.
Also, yes you can.
And even then, I want you to cite your source. Because a lot of cultures saw transpeople as being liminal in more ways than one; there's a historical connection between what we'd today call transgenderism and shamanism.
Being between male and female meant you were between Flesh and Spirit.

>>44059151
Wolfblooded are best when they're Werewolf Ghouls who never asked for this. 2e's Wolfblooded are great. I haven't read much of the book yet, but they're my favourite part so far.

Also, any advice for running Werewolf? How does a Pack form?

>>44059152
What?

>>44059177
>No.
Yes
>>
>>44059315
Those are cousins from previous generations, I should mention. My parents' first cousins, and the like, who are still my cousins. Of my generation, I've only got one cousin with children - she has three - and on the other side the first one just got married this year. Hell, I'm already several years older than my parents were when they got married.

But yeah, prior to Vatican II, the Catholic church was big on pushing for "have lots of children", and having children in the double digits is not uncommon at all in cultures like that.
>>
>>44059188
It's not a fucking clown car.

>>44059288
Well stop listening to /tg/'s advice. Also, you're the one who said you were making an F-list account, right? Like... I invited you to join the channel, see if you clicked, and maybe join my 2e game.

>>44059324
>This is the sort of stuff I love to hear: Consideration of how mechanics affect player AND character sentiment.
Mechanical resonance is one of my favourite things about 2e. Also linking another relevant {Errant Signal} video.
https://youtu.be/2bsxQZ5JDec

I should probably make a new thread soon...
>>
>>44059362
>Uh... I'm from fucking Virginia
The Virginia...T-something or other (I can't remember the family name) Are part of my family. Inbred as fuck french trapper/cherokee and yall elected them to the senate generation after generation for almost 2 centuries. My family also has a crest on the ceiling of the Library of Congress. Doesn't change the fact that cousin marriage was common as fuck up until 1950. And is still sorta expected now. Won't lie, if I wasn't related to them, I'd be all over my second cousins
>>
>>44059424
>maybe join my 2e game.
I will once I'm sober, good sir/madam. I'm having to edit my messages 2 or 3 times. as is.
>>
Suggestion for new WoD thread: WoD in Space.
>>
>>44059453
>Doesn't change the fact that cousin marriage was common as fuck up until 1950.
Yes, but that's because there's little to no issue with interbreeding with cousins. But with Werewolves, it's generally treated as if everyone is IMMEDIATE FAMILY incest.

And while there's not many actual problems with first generational incest, most people throughout history have had a problem with immediate family members fucking.
>>
>>44059504
>hile there's not many actual problems with first generational incest, most people throughout history have had a problem with immediate family members fucking.
Agreed, and I think I lost my point throughout the replies.
Because I feel like the wolves should have this level of moral objection to interbreeding.
>>
>>44059503
I know someone who once ran a game of that. It was a good idea, but he wasn't that great an ST and almost every player seemed to hate it except for his wife, and none of them actually did anything about it but bitched to me. And then he started the game back up after it ended, only with an entirely different group, and he didn't tell any of the original players. Actually, he did that with Shadowrun, too, I think...

I want to run WoD fantasy, but Werewolf won my poll.

>>44059539
I don't. They're not actually related. If anything, fucking humans should be treated the same as a werewolf having sex with an actual wolf. They're not human.
>>
>>44059573
>If anything, fucking humans should be treated the same as a werewolf having sex with an actual wolf.
Can werewolves communicate with wolves well enough to get meaningful consent from them? Because if not, that might be why they consider having sex with a human and having sex with a wolf to be two completely different deals.
>>
>>44059573
>I don't. They're not actually related. If anything, fucking humans should be treated the same as a werewolf having sex with an actual wolf. They're not human.
My point was that Ur should have an objection to fucking other Ur.
>>
>>44059609
I wish Lupus were still a thing. Animals that turn into people are more interesting than people who turn into animals. I'm sure one of my stalkers will complain that I'm bringing it up again, but I had a great idea for a Lupus character. It was basically an anti-Red Talon.

A wolfdog that was kept as a pet just straight up AMAZED at having hands, colour vision, the ability to talk, the internet, all that shit.
>>
>>44059188
my own mother is the youngest of ten from a protestant household, so i am familiar with old-fashioned breeding habits. That elder in particular is living in the middle of a city and was once running for mayor, he wanted a big family but not a MASSIVE one. He adopted a lad as well.

>>44059151
>The children of a werewolf are by no means guaranteed to be anything other than regular humans, though, so 'for the cause' is a somewhat dubious rationale for werewolves.

point, but i sort of figure that they're biting the bullet and just hoping for the best, though most of the kids are wolf-blooded or just plain human, which causes plenty of grief.

I'm just trying to defend the dumb lore i've invented, because I thought "sometimes werewolves get HUGE families because they think it'll help them against the Pure" was an interesting piece of local uratha culture.
>>
>>44059649
>>44059649
>My point was that Ur should have an objection to fucking other Ur.
My point is that they shouldn't.
>>
>>44059424
>you're the one who said you were making an F-list account, right?
V_V it's not accepting my captcha for some fucking reason

I think it's time for bed, and more dreams of wolfwomen.
>>
>>44059668
mmkay. I'm just gonna go back to watching/beating of to cursed & eyes wide shut.
>>
>>44059668
>>44059718
I don't have a personal objection to it, but I like the whole "settling for what's socially acceptable or being a total deviant" trope.
Again, would totally bone my cousins if they were down for it, so I'm not a good moral touchstone.
>>
>>44059362
>Also, any advice for running Werewolf?

Er, Christ, that's a broad question.

>How does a Pack form?

All manner of ways.

An existing pack gets too large. Maybe it organises a split. Maybe it prepares the young scions and arranges them to have some territory of their own, as a branch of the pack and family. Maybe a power play results in a werewolf taking her followers from the pack to carve out her own turf.

The old guard of an existing pack suffer the toll of the years. Veterans die. Some find their path takes them elsewhere. In the end the younger members are all that's left - bearing the old pack's name and reputation, looking after the old pack's turf, but it's the ship of Theseus, entirely rebuilt.

There's a rash of Changes across the area. The old packs don't want new members, but they also don't want to just throw the new Uratha to the, er, wolves, so they agree on some area no-one else claims then throw the new pack together arbitrarily and mostly ignore it as best they can.

There's a rash of Changes across the area. The old packs agree this is clearly a sign of Luna's attention, or that the Moon has a plan. They carefully gather together the newly Changed and arrange a territory and resources for them, while keeping close watch and high expectations of the new pack.

There's a troublesome area that no pack claims as territory and, right now, either no-one has the reach or the desire to hold. Still, it needs Uratha tending to it to deal with the problems, so the packs round up some of the younger members - the ones with something to prove and a desire to carve out their own future - and gives them the chance to form their own pack on the problem hunting ground. It's an opportunity for the young wolves, and a chance for the packs to vent out any social pressures and personality conflicts in their own structures by sending the troublemakers off on their own venture.
(cont)
>>
>>44059871

There are no packs that really have control over the area. A few Changed who live in the area come together and naturally form a pack over time.

A Firstborn rolls out of the Shadow and straight-up tells the local packs that there will be a Blessed Pack formed and it will have THIS task or THIS territory.

A Lune rolls out of the Shadow and tells the local Forsaken that there will be a new pack and it will have this fate or this destiny.

Several Cahalith have prophetic dreams indicating the creation of a new pack.

Everything is on fire and going to shit. Several pack members realise their current packs are going down hard due to the members' or leaders' own stupidity or failings, and finding each other to have like minds they come together.

The shattered remnants of several packs, having suffered heavy casualties in the face of a foe, come together to form a new pack of survivors.

Several werewolves all have personal goals relating to a particular territory or objective. They come together into a pack because they want to fix the neighbourhood and make it better, or get vengeance on the criminal cartel for what each Uratha has suffered, or because they are all convinced there is a god in the museum that has a plan for them and they need to protect and serve it.

Due to a poorly thought-out deal with a spirit or an unlucky bet, a werewolf has accidentally sold his service to a pack or to other supernatural beings.

Due to chance or manipulation, a werewolf finds that she has had a pack forced on her. Maybe they all made poor deals with a spirit that wants her to build a pack to serve it, and whatever she does, she finds that actually this bunch of misfits really need her to lead them and help them change their lives for the better.

The local Protectorate arranges all packs and doles out territories.

The local Protectorate reorganises the Uratha in an area into combat-ready paramilitary units for the war against the Pure.

And so on and so forth.
>>
>>44059792
But ignore most of what I've said. I'm drunk and very corrupt.
>>
New thread
>>44059976
>>44059976
>>44059976

>>44059871
>Er, Christ, that's a broad question.
P. much. I'm interested in Werewolf (instead of Hunter, which technically won by 1 vote when I polled the group) because I like the Pack structure, and I really like the way that the Siskur Dah and keeping Territory gives a chronicle more focus than other games.

But I guess I just sort of saw Werewolves as being more insular than they are. Most of those are things I wouldn't have thought of because I didn't think of Packs breaking off or anything like that.

I'm running a game for a lot of new players, so I didn't want a lot of Werewolf baggage, (because that means frontloading the setting), but I also didn't want "you all just happen to be Werewolves and in the same geographic location".

These are all super good suggestions, though, and I'll run them by people (unless it turns out more players can make Hunter or Beast. that'd suck)
>>
>>44059992
>>44059871
How do new Werewolves choose their Tribe? In fact, how do Tribes work in the whole Pack structure?

What I mean is do Packs tend to be one Tribe, or when someone Changes are the local packs in the area likely to get together and help them pick a tribe, or what?

How much inter-Pack interaction is there?
Interpacktion.
>>
>>44058778
If only your parable would be assigned to both sides of the gender pronouns debate. So what if someone wants to be called x instead of y. Also, so what if someone refuses to call you x instead of y. It doesn’t matter in the grand scheme, not plan of man does.
>>
>>44060393
>So what if someone insults you or refuses to do a simple thing you ask
So can I call you Assface? It should be okay. I mean, no plan of man matters in the grand scheme of things.

In case it wasn't obvious, I'm pointing out how stupid what you said is. Not everything is "both sides are equally wrong".
>>
>>44041519

A mild collapse?
Thread posts: 403
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.