[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Treant Civilisation Quest (Part 1 ?)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 3

File: treant.jpg (104KB, 800x650px) Image search: [Google]
treant.jpg
104KB, 800x650px
Rolled 20 (1d100)

The Rules:
Roll a d100 to determin the success of your action(s). If not engaged in combat each turn equals 1 day. Ressources and population groth will be updated by me at the end of each post.
The Story: You are a small group of an almost extinguished species, the treants. Your Destination is the protection of nature itself and with the growing cities of humans and orcs it became more difficult to complete this task over the past years. However the greatest disaster your kind had to endure in near past was the destruction of a large amount of the "First Forest" due to orcish devastation and demonic destruction. You were forced to leave the "Tree of Life" to ensure your survival. After monts of travel (which is quite fast in the eyes of a treant) you found yourself a forest large enough to survive for an extended period of time, however you still didn´t explore it completely.
Tribe: 5 Treants, 3 Saplings
Research: none
Magic: Nature Magic; mastered while in forest weak on other environement
Defenses: none
Ressources: enough sun and water to ensure surviving

Your Options:
a) Explore the Deepwoods
b) Grow more saplings
c) Channel Magic to shape the Forest
d) Research (specify)
e) specify
>>
C) lets make the forest change so that if we need to we can shut down movement towards our group in moments. Basically plan to cut off all patgs at the earliest danger signs and make enemies travel through impossible terrain. Also add some design so that others would be easily lost, but we could easily defend.
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

>>44015634
please roll a d100 (type dice+1d100 in options)
im going to wait 5 - 10 minutes to see if others join our tree-tribe ;D
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

>>44015600
>e) specify
Develop para-consistent logic.
>>
Rolled 48 (1d100)

>>44015600
>C)
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>44015600
C)
Odd running time.
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

You used the day to channel your magic and shape the forest for basic defences. If someone not familiar with nature itself tries to come close to your tribe he could easily get lost in the forest as the trees grow larger and much more dense. You sucessfully channeled a basic forest labyrinth near you but had to rest for the remaining hours of daylight to recover from the magic.
Tribe: 5 Treants, 3 medium sized trees
Defenses: basic forest illusions/labyrinth
Ressources: enough sun and water to ensure surviving
Your Options:
a) Explore the Deepwoods
b) Grow more saplings
d) Research (specify)
e) specify
>>
>>44015724
well it´s 10 am here and im awake early so i thought i might aswell give it a go
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

B) Saplings
>>
Rolled 66 (1d100)

>>44015782
D) Weather magic, to get water or sunlight as needed.

Also, dat roll.
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>44015782
Do we have the ability to hurl wooden spikes like in your OP pic? If not, can we research it?

>d) Research spike-throwing

If that's not possible then >>44015832
I guess
>>
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>44015868
sure is possible even without research. It´s stronger the closer we are to the tree of life/forest
>>44015868
using this for weather roll

we channel our magic to ensure we get weather for the next month so we wont be having any trouble growing fast and strong
Tribe: 5 Treants, 3 big sized trees
Ressources: Sunny with heavy rain showers the next 30 days
Your Options:
a) Explore the Deepwoods
b) Grow more saplings
d) Research (specify)
e) specify
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>44015832
Make it C, shape the forest so that we catch more rain and fluids and store them in reservoirs
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>44015954
B) Use the nice weather we just got to start making more of us.
>>
Rolled 91 (1d100)

D) research tree of life. Can we make one for this forest?
>>
Rolled 32 (1d100)

>>44015954
B) grow more saplings
Can we choose various aspects of the saplings? I'd say we grow some oaken guardians
>>
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>44015954
B) Grow more saplings

Time for kids.
>>
Rolled 78 (1d100)

>>44015987
Supporting this, other ideas are very good but we can do them later
>>
>>44015999
checked
we need to research other kinds of plants and are not limited to treants but they are our main force (mandrakes and so on are possible)
>>44015989
needs research and it would be a smaller one, still enhancing our earth/nature magic powers however

>>44015973 + >>44015999
In our latest discussion we agreed to enhance our structures. We grew 3 new saplings and used old and dead trees as water tanks.

Tribe: 8 Treants, 3 small saplings
Magic: Nature Magic; mastered while in forest, weak on other environement
Ressources: Sunny with heavy rain showers the next 30 days
Your Options:
a) Explore the Deepwoods
b) Grow more saplings
d) Research (specify)
e) specify
>>
>>44016060
* ressources : Sunny with heavy rain showers the next 29 days, stored water will be enough for 5 days without rain
>>
>>44016060
>a)
Think it's about time we explored a bit.
>>
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>44016060
D) types of trees and plants to the benefit of future generations.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d100)

D)Research local plants and animals focusing on sentient plants.
>>
Rolled 66 (1d100)

>>44016060
>>44016082
Yeah, I'll support this.
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>>44016060
>we need to research other kinds of plants
D) fuck yeah let's research aaaaall the plants. Start vines and Ivy and such, I imagine these would have improved mobility
>>
You communicate with the oldest trees in the forest spend the next day thinking about the ancient times and try to see the near future. Through the gained knowledge you have gained access to a new type of Plant: The poisoned Spitting Flower ( in the future referred as poison flower). It grows on trees and is able to spit needles with concentrated venom on enemys, while still able to spare the life of the animals living under your protection. You can grow larger ones with legs out of saplings.

Tribe: 8 Treants, 3 medium saplings, 1 small Flower sapling
Defenses: basic forest illusions/labyrinth, Poison Flowers
Ressources: Sunny with heavy rain showers the next 28days, stored water will be enough for 5 days without rain
Your Options:
a) Explore the Deepwoods
b) Grow more saplings
d) Research (specify)
e) specify
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>44016164
A) we aught to get on that a little, if we ever plan to expand.
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>44016164
a) Explore the Deepwoods
>>
Rolled 41 (1d100)

>>44016172
This.
A party of 5 explorers
>>
Rolled 20 (1d100)

D) research symbiotic relationships between plant and animals in the forest. We can get some animal familiars.
>>
>>44016184
if we would try to explore the forest with walking trees it would take us literally years.
>>44016172
>>44016176
>>44016184
We link ourself with the plants and animals to gain access to their feelings and vision. The Forest is mostly untouched by fiendish civilisations such as the orcs and is completely free of demonic corruption. However we spot a small tribe of forest elves who seem to live with nature. Their houses are shaped from trees and bent by their mages to ensure a symbiotic lifestyle with nature. We feel no anger and could try to trade or alliance with them. However they never actively helped us in our great war and we could easily stomp them.

Tribe: 8 Treants, 3 big sized trees, 1 medium Flower
Research: Tree of Life substitute (5% but can be enhanced)
Ressources: Sunny with heavy rain showers the next 27 days, stored water will be enough for 5 days without rain
Your Options:
a) Explore the Deepwoods
b) Grow more saplings
d) Research (specify)
e) specify
>>
Rolled 78 (1d100)

* a) Explore the Planes near our forest (this time we need walking trees)

im sorry for all the mistakes =(
>>
Rolled 25 (1d100)

D) research sap with addictive substance. This way we can sloqly make them reliant on us.
>>
Rolled 42 (1d100)

>>44016249
This!
>>
>>44016249
>>44016254
reroll, we will enslave them all!
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

>>44016267
forgot the roll
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>44016249
I'd prefer to be honest with the elves as they're the only meatbags who live in harmony with the trees. But if we're going this direction it should have some beneficial properties to get them to start using it in the first place.

Enhanced senses maybe? Improved connection with our forest? Healing?
>>
so you really want drug addicted elves huh?

we once again consult the trees. However we cant quite finish our research by sunset.
RANDOM ENCOUNTER:
A Druid comes near our village, hopping on a giant toad. He asks us in the language of the trees to join our tribe. The druids have been known to support us since centurys and have never dissapointed our expections. However we can ask the hornets in our forest to scare him and his stinky toad away.

Tribe: 11 Treants, 1 big Flower
Research: Tree of Life substitute (15% but can be enhanced), Drugging Plant 75%
Ressources: Sunny with heavy rain showers the next 26 days, stored water will be enough for 5 days without rain
Your Options:
a) Explore the Plains
b) Grow more saplings
d) Research (specify)
e) specify
additional: f) take in a druid. Druids are mighty mages who enhance the natural groth of their environement by their presence. (Hero unit. Needs to be named) You even get a giant Toad! (needs a name too!)
g) unleash the hornets
>>
>>44016379
I feel like we don't have much choice, we either get an awesome hero or we don't. Just saying

>>44016379
F) he may live amongst us for a trail period, in which we'll exchange knowledge. Is he human btw?
>>
Rolled 47 (1d100)

>>44016378
I am okay with going more of a symbiotic route with the elves. What if we find a way to sell sap, not addictive, but healthy, and we use the elves as the suppliers. Thrive into a metropolis?

Or the potential ultimate goal could be the orcs willingly worshipping us. To achieve this we may start up a religion using the elves as the first disciples.
A)
F)
>>
>>44016429
Forgot name votes...

Druid: Enlightened Entropy (Entropy as his nick name.

Toad: Todd
>>
>>44016418
The choice is rather aesthetic. either staying full plant of accepting other specimen in our tribe. His appearence is human but as with all mages it is in no way certain what race he is since the use of magic and in case of druids heavy "plant use" changes people.
>>44016429
you guys can discuss this since the plant isn´t automaticly placed in the elves home once it´s finished.
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>44016378
correction: only meatbags except the druids, who are actively helpful instead of merely careful not to hurt the forest

>>44016379
d) Research (plants that are medicinal to elves and similar creatures)

f) take in a druid. His name can be Bartleby, toad can be James.

Also ask the druid if he has any suggestions for us.

>>44016429
Great plan, except I think orc culture might be too deeply aggressive what with the demonic influence. Best case they learn to fear the forest and avoid us. Humans are a different matter.

>>44016462
Also good names
>>
>>44016429
>Orcs and elves on the same page
I feel like this is not the best idea.
I'm still a fan of the druggsap. And we are already researching so...

>>44016467
Here's an idea: Each non-plant of our tribe should undergo a ritual to gain a strong connection with us plants and even integrating nature into body and soul. Once they are part-plant, they are fully accepted and we share common goals.
We allow the druid in if he undergoes the ritual and becomes a part of us.
We lure the elves with the sap and get rid of the addiction once they undergo the ritual.
>>
>>44016462
>>44016493
Bartleby and Todd.
>>
>>44016508
So we would need to find some method or magic fusing plants to their offspring? Seems like it would take convincing but it is a good idea.
>>
>>44016561
Drugs can be really convincing.
If we find this ritual, they would live of water and sun instead of the pain and death of other living things. We could all grow together. An eternal forest of peace.
I propose this as temporary philosophical end-goal
>>
>>44016508
The druid may already have some plantlike properties as said in >>44016467, but I like what you're saying.

Here's a though: what if we made the drugging plant an entheogen in our religion of the forest?
>>
>>44016584
go away myrm
>>
>>44016515
bartleby and Todd it is than.
>>44016508
We are trees no fungi. Druids in this case are already pretty much one with the nature
>>44016493
elves do not have druids, they have spellweavers and singers to bend the forest. a druid is far more connected to nature and its animals

We allow the druid to join us. However we warn him not to do anything stupid, especially with this giant toad of his. He tells us his name is Bartleby and hhis toad is named Todd.
The researching Process was unhindered this time and we gain knoweledge to drugging Plants who slowly spread a luring scent in their near surroundings. The closer the target is lured the stronger the scent gets which causes him to go even closer and getting Hallucinations of naked green creatures with leaves as hair. This renders the target happy but helpless for a couple of minutes. As the spitting Flowers these grow on trees but cannot be cultivated to be mobile (yet). Furthermore we combine our spitting and drugging plants-research to allow Flowers to fire a paralizing dart.
Tribe: 11 Treants, 1 Spitting Flower on Legs
Research: Tree of Life substitute (35% but can be enhanced)
Defenses: basic forest illusions/labyrinth, Poison Flowers, Drugging Flowers
Ressources: Sunny with heavy rain showers the next 25 days, stored water will be enough for 5 days without rain
Upgrades: Spitting Flower can fire drug-darts
Your Options:
a) Explore the Plains
b) Grow more saplings
d) Research (specify)
e) specify
f) get the druid to plant drug plants near the elves
g) offer the elves drug plants as a present of peace
>>
>>44016636
btw im not saying we cannot research a plant/lifeform symbiosis

!! taking a break for about an hour or so !! (need to eat, im not a tree) feel free to discuss our further steps
>>
>>44016636
d) Research (Tree of Life substitute)

We need to get this thing rolling.
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>44016636
D) Soil and minerals. The earth is also important for plant growth. Best get familiar.
>>
Rolled 66 (1d100)

A; let's find what else is near us
>>
Rolled 13 (1d100)

>>44016657
Sounds good to me

We also need to grow more saplings and explore the plains, I suggest those in the 2 subsequent turns barring random events.
>>
>>44016636
>We are trees no fungi
D)Let's research fungi then. Many IRLplants have extended roots through fungi and use it to communicate not an expert though
Let's focus on the fungi, they will help us. If we aren't fungi, they should become part of us.
All should be one.
>>
Rolled 42 (1d100)

>>44016693
Forgot mah roll.

Also supporting these:
>>44016657
>>44016662

Bon appetit OP
>>
Once we have something to offer the elves, we should pay them to help us bring tree of life to this forest. Or even a limb from it.
>>
>>44016746
You mean the old tree, right?
>>
So, thoughts on trying to get the elves to use our drug as an entheogen?

Should we just offer it to them as something to get them high/make them "one with nature?"
>>
>>44016770
I like it, but we should think about how to present it.
I'm thinking about acting all high and mighty:
"Greetings, we are the soul of this forest. We are all that's around you. You have served the forest well, dear elves, and so we will grant you a gift. A gift of enlightenment, so that you may be closer to the divine will of this forest"

If we are confident enough they will believe it.
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>44016702
thanks - tasted really good^^
>>44016746
as stated above we can give them the drug plants either as gift or as an sneak attack
>>44016803
i was kind of thinking to use the druid as a emissinary for these kinds of actions since he isn´t a slow as f... tree - however im only here to give advise and explain stuff not to question your decisions
>>44016746
we can´t really bring the "one tree of life here" he is currently in a half burned half corrupted forest and is probably infested with deamons/filthy orcs. rescuing him is something like a long-time-goal. we can only research the substitute tree of life to strengthen our magic/unity with the nature locally but it is in no way a replacement for the real one

>>44016662
>>44016693
>>44016657
looks like research is the most consent decision so i´ll stick to these
>>44016672
we can grow more saplings and explore in the next (1) round if noone got objections, however random events are RANDOM - i wont be taking advise how when or what exactly happens with them ( hope this doesn´t come out rude. if it does wasn´t my intention^^).
We once again connect our minds with the oldest and wisest trees around us to gain knowledge.
Tribe: 11 Treants, 1 Spitting Flower on Legs
Research: Tree of Life substitute 85%, Subspecies: Fungi 20%, Fertile Soil 25%
Ressources: Sunny with heavy rain showers the next 24 days, stored water will be enough for 5 days without rain
Your Options:
a) Explore the Plains
b) Grow more saplings (if there are no objections a and b will be chosen next turn due to post above)
d) Research (specify)
e) specify
f) get the druid to plant drug plants near the elves
g) offer the elves drug plants as a present of peace
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

>>44017086
I'm down with saplings.

D) Progress on what we're already researching.
>>
>>44017086
correction on Tribe: 11 Treants, 1 Spitting Flower on Legs, Druid Bartleby(100%) and his giant toad Todd(100%)
For the time being Bartleby is busy treating injured animals, getting to know his new home and gathering medical plants and shrooms, eatable and the funny ones, to stock up his supply.
>>
>>44017117
This.
>>44017134
Lets listen to Bartleby's tales. Who is he, where did he come from, why did he come to this forest, what valuable skills does he have?
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>44017086
b) Grow more happens

(No offense taken, but by "barring random events" I meant nothing more than "IF they don't happen" which may require a change of plans depending on the nature of the event)
>>
>>44017224
*saplings. I meant "Grow more saplings,"
>>
>>44017185
counts as explanation from the gm and doesn´t take a turn obviously. He is a druid from the great swamp of Inarlith. Because of frequent shroom consumption he doesn´t remember much of his past. He can use magic very similar to ours, it grows weaker the greater the distance between him and healthy plants, which is why he came to us. If our tribe grows larger more Druids and other friendly individuals may seek us in to find a peaceful and safe place. His magical abilities are about the level of a Treant elder, with the difference he has greater offensive capabilities while sacrificing the live spending and explosive groth a Treant can channel. As all druids he can heal to some extend and communicate with most animals.
You gain knowledge of the location of the great swamp of Inarlith and know it´s populated by a great number of Undead who stayed a neutral ground in the war since they are neither on the side of the living nor willing to ally with infernals and they may prove as powerful allies if you can convince them of a peaceful coexistence.
His toad Todd is about 1.5m high, 2m long has a poison tongue, likes flies, insects and fish. They often take a long walk at night to see the moonlight falling through the trees. He although likes jumping.
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

>>44017117
>>44017224
only normal sapplings or some spitters too?
>>
>>44017291
I'd say split evenly between normal and spitters
>>
File: 1441335685550.jpg (392KB, 892x1599px) Image search: [Google]
1441335685550.jpg
392KB, 892x1599px
>>44017275
Cool.
I like him but I feel he lacks a purpose. He has probably seen death and darkness, the deamons, undead and greed of mortal races.
I suggest he becomes the first of our plant-kin, figures out the rituals of our religion and becomes a preacher. A friendly face that can convince the other races of our planty-peace-plan.
>>
>>44017086
While the treants are busy growing new saplings Bartleby and Todd explore the plains. They find a small centaur caravan who are currently celebrating something. They are either peaceful or way to drunk to be hostile towards Bartleby. Both the druid and his faithful toad join the drinking. The centaur caravan seems reallysurprised after seeing Todd emptying 3 barrels of rum however after they part ways the centaurs nearly die of laughter as Todd tries to jump away. both return safely.
You gain knowledge of a centaur tribe located in the plains. You are able to trade rum with the caravan the next 2 days, however the rum is really potent and may be able to kill elves with only a few glasses but you could always store it for later use.
Tribe: 11 Treants, 1 Spitting Flower on Legs, Druid Bartleby(100%) and his giant toad Todd(70%, really drunk), 4 small sapplings, 3 small flowers
Research: Tree of Life substitute 95%(automatic completion next turn), Subspecies: Fungi 30%, Fertile Soil 35%
Ressources: Sunny with heavy rain showers the next 23 days, stored water will be enough for 5 days without rain
Your Options:
a) Grow more saplings
b) Channel Magic to shape the Forest
c) Research (specify)
d) specify
e) trade with caravan
f) diplomacy/war (available centaurs or elves)
g) send an scout to the swamp to interact with the undead (will take 2-3 days depending on roll since Todd is drunk as f...)
>>
>>44017393
A) I wander if there's a lake or river nearby?
>>
Rolled 45 (1d100)

>>44017412
Forgot to roll.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d100)

>>44017347
To specify our druid think of him as a mix of dota´s nature prophet and radagast the brown from hobbit(google it to get a picture in your head)
>>
Rolled 29 (1d100)

>>44017393
c) Research (Fungi)

I would like to trade for some rum, but what do we have of value to the centaurs? Fresh water, hallucination flowers, magic services, magically grown excess wood? Is it possible to do the last one with our magic?
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>44017426
Roger.

F) Diplomancy with the centaur!
A caravan will most likely leave soon, let's persuade them to stay in our forest.
Send Bartleby and offer them the drugging flowers. They like to get drunk.

If anybody is fan of Bartleby as nature-preacher, let's do that then.
>>
>>44017477
it is possible to grow large amounts of wood with our magic. since the centaurs obviously enjoy their rum the flowers may be another option.
>>
>>44017491
*quote* You gain knowledge of a centaur tribe located in the plains. *quote*
The caravan leaves in 2 days but the tribe stays where it is.
>>
>>44017527
Ah, ok.
Well, let's get on friendly terms with this caravan first before they leave, that way we'll have a better chance of convincing the entire tribe later on.
>>
>>44017546
Agreed.

e) trade with caravan

Changing my vote from >>44017477
>>
Most civs have a large-wall policy. Perhaps we could try to integrate different races into our forest on peaceful terms.
>>
>>44017412
needs extra turn of the druid to explore the forest, for now he is needed somewhere else
>>44017477
>>44017491
while our treants concentrate on researching Bartleby takes the day to gather psychodelic flowers and other things the centaurs might enjoy. He even donates some of his own personal "special storage" (due to high roll) resulting in the caravan giving us 18 barrels of strong ale/rum and even giving us an extra in form of a special old centaur whiskey in exchange for some of the stronger stuff the druid offers. he tries to convinve them to spread word of our generosity however most of the caravan members have a bad hangover (as does Todd) and they dont seem to care much for now.
RANDOM EVENT: some of the animals and the trees near the elves inform us about the elves preparing their yearly celebration of the moonlight festival which might be a great opportunity to introduce ourself, be it by smuggling in some flowers or in a more diplomatic way.
about the religion: i suggest we wait until the rest of the research is done before we further develop our cultural structures.
In the center of the tribe our very own little tree of life is fully grown. In comparison to the other trees around him he looks rather small however he is radiating a aura of energy, further enhancing our magic, recouver abilities and enhancing the effects of our photosynthesis (hard word) resulting in lower resource needs. It can heal minor wounds in an instant. Todd licked it after his return resulting in instant recouvery from his hangover and enhancing his health beyond the normal.
[cont]
>>
>>44017645
Nice.
>>
>>44017645
Tribe: 11 Treants, 1 Spitting Flower on Legs, Druid Bartleby(110%) and his giant toad Todd(110%), 4 small trees, 3 medium flowers
Research: Subspecies: Fungi 70%, Fertile Soil 50%
Magic: Nature Magic; archmage status while in forest, medium on other environement
Defenses: basic forest illusions/labyrinth, Poison Flowers, Drugging Flowers, substitute Tree of Life
Ressources: Sunny with heavy rain showers the next 22 days, stored water will be enough for 10 days without rain
Your Options:
a) Grow more saplings
c) Research (specify)
d) specify
e) trade with caravan (1 day remaining, lower results than before)
f) diplomacy/war (available centaurs or elves)
g) send an scout to the swamp to interact with the undead (will take 1-2 days depending on roll )
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>44017663
F) Diplomacy elves.
>>
Rolled 65 (1d100)

>>44017663
The tree is very powerful and too important to leave unprotected.
a) Grow a special sapling that will tend to and guard the tree of life.

And>>44017682 let's not ask anything of them, just offer them our goods and win them over.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d100)

>>44017663
A) grow more saplings

we should show ourselves during the moon festival
and give the sap/drugs to them as a gift

btw are they drugs or are they beneficial or both
personally I'd prefer going beneficial. they wont be useful to us if they're all junkies
>>
>>44017762
they are not dangerously on their own, however they can create a desire to dream again of the tree girls (or boys for most of the elves :P )
>>44017682
>>44017707
seems like the trees decided to go with diplomacy.
Bartlesby hopps to the elves on the back of Todd to ask if we can join their festival. The leader of the elves agrees joyful and some of the trees manage to even get there in time. After a long night of celebrating the moon we hand them over our gifts to express our thanks. Meanwhile the elven leader and 3 of our Treants discuss the possibility of a union. They come to an agreement and join our tribe, however they wont be taking orders like brainless goblins. If we ever for example decided on killing innocents out of boredom it is unlikely they will cooperate with this. However both of our factions see most uninvited visitors of the forest as an enemy who ust be exterminated as quickly as possible to prevent harm on nature.
RANDOM EVENT: during the night of celebrating many elves and trees exchanged ideas of combining the benefits of both factions. Dryad research is available. (fast, feminine looking tree, deadly in close combat, natural bark armor, way smaller than treants, about the size of a human).

Tribe: 11 Treants, 1 Spitting Flower on Legs, Druid Bartleby(110%) and his giant toad Todd(110%), 4 medium trees, 3 big flowers, 18 female elves, 16 male elves, 8 elven childs, 3 spellweavers
Research: Subspecies: Fungi 70%, Fertile Soil 50%, Dryads 0%
Magic: Nature Magic; archmage status while in forest, medium on other environement
Defenses: basic forest illusions/labyrinth, Poison Flowers, Drugging Flowers, substitute Tree of Life
Ressources: Sunny with heavy rain showers the next 22 days, stored water will be enough for 10 days without rain, the elves live of what the forest gives
>>
>>44017867
Your Options:
a) Grow more saplings
c) Research (specify)
d) specify
e) diplomacy/war (centaurs)
f) send an scout to the swamp to interact with the undead (will take 1-2 days depending on roll )
>>
>>44017867
>they are not dangerously on their own, however they can create a desire to dream again of the tree girls (or boys for most of the elves :P )
kek
>>
Rolled 38 (1d100)

>>44017876
Yes on the Dryad research.

D) Agriculture, now that we have mouths to feed.
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>44017912
Yes, research growing more fruits and such. Edible fungi on our bark. Not just the bare minimum, grow a tasty buffet on our branches.
>>
>>44017934
this roll concludes the fungi research
>>44017912
medium success on the dryads and Fertile soil research
Since the elves are a race with a long live span they dont really contribute in our research spead, however the spellweavers assist to strengthen the connection to the forest even further. Bartleby and Todd explore the forest. While not finding any rivers there is a deep lake in the forest, close enough to function as a water depot if we decide on connecting it to our tribe. He spotted 2 caves who need further exploration if we decide so.
Tribe: 11 Treants, 1 Spitting Flower on Legs, Druid Bartleby(110%) and his giant toad Todd(110%), 4 medium trees, 3 big flowers, 18 female elves, 16 male elves, 8 elven childs, 3 spellweavers
Research: Subspecies: Fertile Soil 80%, Dryads 30%
Defenses: basic forest illusions/labyrinth, Poison Flowers, Drugging Flowers,poisoned shrooms, substitute Tree of Life
Ressources: Sunny with heavy rain showers the next 21 days, stored water will be enough for 10 days without rain, the elves live of the shrooms growing near our tribe
Known Locations: Centaur tribe in the Plains (east), Undead swamp (south), Lake in the Forest, 2 Caves in the Forest

Your Options:
a) Grow more saplings
c) Research (specify)
d) specify
e) diplomacy/war (centaurs)
f) send an scout to the swamp to interact with the undead (will take 1-2 days depending on roll )
g) explore (either 1 cave or north/west terrain)
next post in 15-30 mins
>>
>>44018071
Fungi Research: we now can develop different types of mushrooms. for now we know how to grow basic poisoned mushrooms as well as some edibles. Our treants now naturally grow some of both on their bark for protection and food purposes. The tree of life compensates for the increased water conumption the shrooms create.
>>
Rolled 76 (1d100)

>>44018071
Is there algae in the lake and can we research it?

and here's for finishing the fertile soil research.
>>
>>44018092
the lake is deep and contains only pure water. However there is a mystic aura around it.
>>
Rolled 32 (1d100)

>>44018211
it´s me - somehow didnt safe my name...
i guess we wait a bit longer until there are some more posts? since we are treants there is no need to rush it after all
>>
>>44018071
Gather information about the undead.
>>
Rolled 74 (1d100)

>>44018244
>>
Rolled 38 (1d100)

Once again the Treants and weavers connect their mind with the environment to gain knowledge. Meanwhile some of the elves donated for a scouting party (-2 male elves, -3 female elves, +5 elven scouts with bows and daggers). With their superior speed and sight it is an easy task for them to gather information on the swamp and its undead inhabitants. It seems like the undead are controlled by either a strong necromancer or a small group operating from a rebuilt castle in the swamp. They seem to prepare for war however their defense lines face the opposite direction of our forest indicating they want to defend their stronghold against an unkown foe. The scouts count somewhat between 200 - 300 undeads with light armor and some with bows as well as 15 knights on undead horses in heavy black armor who seem to have problems moving properly due to the ground being a swamp. Undead forces however are nothing compared to a raging Treant so even with the terrain being somewhat bad on our magic we could probably hold our ground against their forces and maybe overpower them.
>>
>>44018396
Tribe: 11 Treants, 4 Spitting Flowers on Legs, Druid Bartleby(110%) and his giant toad Todd(110%), 4 big trees,15 female elves, 14 male elves, 9 elven childs, 3 spellweavers, 5 scouts
Research: Subspecies: Dryads 30%
Defenses: basic forest illusions/labyrinth, Poison Flowers, Drugging Flowers,poisoned shrooms, substitute Tree of Life
Ressources: Sunny with heavy rain showers the next 21 days, stored water will be enough for 10 days without rain, the elves live of the shrooms growing near our tribe. The elves harvest plants from the enhanced soil supported by weavers, only taking what they need.
Upgrades: Spitting Flower can fire drug-darts, fertile lands
Known Locations: Centaur tribe in the Plains (east), Undead swamp (south), Lake in the Forest, 2 Caves in the Forest, undead foretress

Your Options:
a) Grow more saplings/let the elves breed
c) Research (specify)
d) specify
e) diplomacy/war (centaurs, undead)
next post in 15-30 mins depending on posts
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

>>44018417
>let the elves breed
That's a weird option. "Yes, you may breed now."

Anyway, let's visit the Centaur, negotiate an alliance.
>>
Rolled 13, 74 = 87 (2d100)

>>44018417
Well we don't know what they're preparing to fight against, so right now I say we simply keep them from expanding into the woods with some quicksand behind them.
We can send scouts to go around and check beyond the castle.
>>
Rolled 99 (1d100)

>>44018417
Grow more saplings
How comfortable are you with spreadsheets?
>>
>>44018453
my bad - it´s more like "encourage them" and enhance their fertility(which is naturally kinda bad on elves) with the tree of life(substitute)
>>44018461
why? i think it should be enough
>>44018456
why 2 rolls? we wont have enough magic near a rotting swamp to make quicksand on a large enough area to stopp a coordinated march against the forest, this would take about 2-3 days including preperation for the ritual (this is a impactful spell who shapes the earth, far more complicated than bending the forest which is our preferred territory)
>>
>>44018558
The second one was for scouting.
>>
>>44018558
Just wondering if natural population growth on a statistical scale should be a conscious group decision (as it may be a bit silly if we choose to neglect it for too many turns), or just natural growth every X turns on its own, with perhaps seasons, magic and fertilizer giving a temporary boost. So a spreadsheet would help with it.
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

we scout for the castle and grow more saplings

rolling if our druid either visits our horse friends (1-50) or prepares the ritual to defend our forest with quicksand in the south (51-100)
>>
>>44018615
Well actually I'll drop the quicksand option now that you mention it. And it was scout around and beyond the castle, not the castle itself.
>>
>>44018613
the elves will grow slow and steady with the possibility to manually enhance our manpower if we wish so. the treants however only grow from saplings infused with magic which takes a seperate turn.

Bartleby and Todd travel to the south to make preperations for the Ritual. Bartleby channels the powers of earth while Todd shields him from possible danger. the Treants and Weavers grow saplings with unexpected efficiency (groth boost on these). Our scouts manage to sneak around the castle and the undead defences, however they cant spot a single enemy and return confused. After consulting with the elders and some treants they come to the conclusion the undead must be either fighting ghosts of some kind or their enemy is stealthed by the fog in the swamp or flying high above.
Tribe: 15 Treants, 4 Spitting Flowers on Legs, Druid Bartleby(110%) and his giant toad Todd(110%), 9 small trees, 8 small flowers, 15 female elves, 14 male elves, 9 elven childs, 3 spellweavers, 5 scouts
Research: Subspecies: Dryads 30%
Ressources: Sunny with heavy rain showers the next 20 days, stored water will be enough for 10 days without rain, the elves live of the shrooms growing near our tribe. The elves harvest plants from the enhanced soil supported by weavers, only taking what they need.
Upgrades: Spitting Flower can fire drug-darts, fertile lands
Known Locations: Centaur tribe in the Plains (east), Undead swamp (south), Lake in the Forest, 2 Caves in the Forest, undead foretress

Your Options:
c) Research (specify)
d) specify
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>44018722
>Grow more saplings
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>44018722
Let's grow some nice, green grass to attract animals. The elves and druid could tame them later.
>>
>>44018660
sorry was already writing - well more defences wont be a problem^^
>>44018752
is this an action for the next turn? because if you want to remind me of the saplings the treants were supposed to grow they already turned into small trees and flowers since it was a high roll
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>44018722
E) How about we diplomance the fuck out of those necromancers or whoever is in charge of the undead. We did it with elves and centaurs and it both went great.
Let's just go over there, offer them some "substances", and ask them why they are raising an army and what they are fighting. "Oh, you raise soldiers from dead material? That's great, we raise samplings from dead soil! Not risking any lives to defend yourselves, we like it! It's so peaceful! "
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>44018722
C) Continue researching Dryads.
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

>>44018754
thats an excellent idea! im rolling what kinds of animals will be in our forest
owls 1-16(scouting), hawks 17-32(hunting + scouting), deer 33-37(riding), bears 38-53(fighting obviously), giant eagles 54-69(riding + scouting), wolves 70-85(fighting + scouting), giant toads 86-94(not as big as Todd), giant rhinoceros beetle 95-99(tank and fighter), forest drake 100(fighting, scouting, tank, flying, acid breath)
>>
>>44018842
>We're attracting hawks with green grass.
Neat.
>>
>>44018754
the elves prepare some trees and hunt some animals to attract hawks to their tribe (hawks obviously dont need grass).
>>44018804
our diplomat hopps to the undead on his toad
>>44018807
half the treants stay for research purposes, half of them gather to continue with the quick sand defences (finished in 2 rounds)
Tribe: 15 Treants, 4 Spitting Flowers on Legs, Druid Bartleby(110%) and his giant toad Todd(110%), 9 medium trees, 8 medium flowers, 15 female elves, 15 male elves, 9 elven childs, 3 spellweavers, 5 scouts
Research: Subspecies: Dryads 60%
Defenses: basic forest illusions/labyrinth, Poison Flowers, Drugging Flowers,poisoned shrooms, substitute Tree of Life, scouts patroling
Ressources: Sunny with heavy rain showers the next 19 days, stored water will be enough for 10 days without rain, the elves live of the shrooms growing near our tribe and harvest plants from the enhanced soil supported by weavers, only taking what they need.
Upgrades: Spitting Flower can fire drug-darts, fertile lands, treants grow shrooms

Your Options:
c) Research (specify)
d) specify
i feel like i forgot something >.<
>>
>>44018918
nope - i interpreted the idea as taming a random animal
>>
Rolled 41 (1d100)

>>44018971
C) research the tree of life, how we can grow it and spread its influence
Also
A) create a defensive inner sanctum for the tree of life
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>44018971
Finish that Dryad research so we can focus on something else. And investigate the aura around the lake.
>>
>>44019168
>>44019009
seems like a decent idea to finish dryads first before going into another research.
the quicksand will finish in 1 day.
the treants who are left in the village split up between researching and assisting the weavers in building defences. around the tree of life great trees are grown and their braks are hardened and infused with immense amounts of magic (treants are exhausted and will not be able to do anything next round) leaving only small holes around the holy tree to allow its power to still spread while giving it defense from large attacks and forcing invaders if they decide to attack the tree to go through the holes which would mean they have to fight a treant in a small corridor which is far from optimal for them.
The dryad research has finally finished and allows us to grow dryad saplings (grow faster than treant saplings). as mentioned above dryads are fast close combat freaks but limited in magic use.
RANDOM ENCOUNTER: Something with the dryad research being pushed this fast went wrong... in a good way. The first dryad emerging from the ground is alost as big as a treant, while keeping her fast movement. Her bark is as black as the night and her eyes are glowing in the dark. She lacks any magic skills however is as devastating as a Giant when it comes to strenght.
New Hero - name it!
>>
File: dryad hero.jpg (173KB, 675x675px) Image search: [Google]
dryad hero.jpg
173KB, 675x675px
>>44019398
Tribe: 15 Treants, 5 Dryads, 4 Spitting Flowers on Legs, Druid Bartleby(110%) and his giant toad Todd(110%), 9 large trees, 8 large flowers, 17 female elves, 15 male elves, 11 elven childs, 3 spellweavers, 5 scouts
Research: n/a
Defenses: basic forest illusions/labyrinth, Poison Flowers, Drugging Flowers,poisoned shrooms, substitute Tree of Life defended by special grown trees, scouts patroling
Ressources: Sunny with heavy rain showers the next 18 days, stored water will be enough for 10 days without rain, the elves live of the shrooms growing near our tribe and harvest plants from the enhanced soil supported by weavers, only taking what they need.
Upgrades: Spitting Flower can fire drug-darts, fertile lands, treants grow shrooms
Treasure (i knew i forgot something on the way!): centaur whiskey (trade good)

Your Options:
c) Research (specify)
d) specify
>>
Rolled 27 (1d100)

>>44019450
>Grow more saplings
>>
>>44019398
Call her Freya
>>
dice+1d20

c) think we should start research for some upgrades for the substitute Tree of Life
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>44019450
Look into the aura around the lake. Can we tap into it? What's its source?

>>44019710
Supporting Freya.
>>
>>44019710
>>44019887
Freya it is
the power of the lake needs further exploration by the druid
>>44019847
thats not how you roll dice (i gave a instruction somewhere at the beginning of the thread ;D)
>>
>>44015600
Ok - i got stuff to do.
It has been really fun and i hope you liked my first civ thread. I will safe the progress locally and maybe im back later (3-5 hours)
If someone is interested we can continue with the trees the upcoming days.
feel free to discuss/archive whatever you want, critics on how i can do better is always appreciated
op getting offline for now
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

I still truly enjoy the one earth, one plant goal. I think we need more beneficial perks. In that endeavor, I think we should research natural medicine and enhancement magic.
>>
>>44024078
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.