[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /tg/, A while a go we had a server for minecraft called

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 12

File: CSrEz7J.jpg (2MB, 2073x3099px) Image search: [Google]
CSrEz7J.jpg
2MB, 2073x3099px
Hey /tg/,

A while a go we had a server for minecraft called Parnatha. Lots of /tg/ presence. It got shut down because of lack of funds and time.

I'm going to start it up again on a new world, many new features. Any of the old players out there? Or any new players interested.

Pic related is the new map,
Here is the old thread for the OLD map.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/servers/pc-servers/2290809-parnatha-light-rp-survival-semi-vanilla-fantasy-a

-Adramelekh
>>
File: 0d4cg1Y.jpg (628KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0d4cg1Y.jpg
628KB, 1920x1080px
The map was hand tooled by Moonti.
Custom Biomes, giant more realistic continent, still all the ores and caves with taller mountains.
>>
File: 2JihShQ.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2JihShQ.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 2P4WdZa.jpg (324KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2P4WdZa.jpg
324KB, 1920x1080px
All renders of the gameworld, done by maruku.
>>
File: 5ezCKuX.jpg (483KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
5ezCKuX.jpg
483KB, 1920x1080px
Have a new "Diety" system in place. Choose a diety. Sacrifice XP to that diety if you wish. Diety gains "power". Everyday MC day at dawn the diety loses 1 power. If the power level is still over a certain amount (aka enough people worshipping) the deity grants its followers temporary boosts based on that god's portfolio.

All simple command block work, dont even need plugins.
>>
I also have the old world still, I'm definitely not opposed to porting some of the major kingdom's builds back over to the new world. Some people built some really cool stuff.
>>
File: 5vweGLT.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
5vweGLT.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 6Ytrb22.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
6Ytrb22.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 8LReYkb.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8LReYkb.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 92GsGpv.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
92GsGpv.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>43985403
*spit take*

THAT'S MINECRAFT?

Jesus fucking christ the game has changed since I played it several years ago.
>>
>>43985921
Don't be too shocked, that is with some performance-vampire shaders installed, not Vanilla.
>>
What texture pack?
>>
>>43985006
I never played in the original one. But what else goes on in it besides the normal stuff?

And is anybody interested in having an architect onboard? I mean I just like building shit, horrible at the survival portions.

What's the extra stuff? Besides Deities?
>>
>>43985921
OP here.
Its shaded with a texture pack, not exactly vanilla. the map is custom made as well, not vanilla terrain gen, though it still features ores and caves, so just better in almost every way.

>>43985972
for these, i believe conquest. The server's texture pack will be Pixel Perfection however.
>>
File: 2015-11-12_10.41.17.png (4MB, 1920x1005px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-12_10.41.17.png
4MB, 1920x1005px
>>43985984
Since territory can be claimed for your kingdom, but not taken from you in a siege, its a fusion of competitive nations with spending more time on nicer builds since they can't be wrecked by griefers or invading nations. People can still steal your resources if you dont store them away or have walls, but they can't break your builds. There's enough shitty faction servers out there already.

I'd love an architect friend honestly. There's custom dungeons and an entire 10k x 10k custom nether world as well that I painted.

My major concern at this point letting someone on as an architect is if they can build to the standard we are going for.

My biggest pet peeve: using cobwebs as smoke. Stop, just stop.
>>
File: cjkFVYF.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cjkFVYF.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>43986067

So building is restricted? As in, only a few specified players are allowed to construct, and everyone else just "inhabits" the server? Or are you just talking about your specific kingdom?

>not the anon you were responding to, but a buildfag nonetheless
>>
>>43986298
First off to clarify, the new server isnt even up yet. The server uses a "factions" plugin, though not like most factions servers, where you can take land from other players. On parnatha, you get an amount of land for your kingdom based on how many players are in your group. Other kingdoms cant steal this land or break your blocks, but they can steal your goods. Anyone part of your kingdom can build on your land however (unless your leader is a real dick and sets it so only he and the officers can build, but then you can just leave and found a new kingdom).

As for "builders" or architects, if there were some people that wanted to help develop parts of the world before the server gets rolling too heavily, aka build cities or dungeons, I'd be willing to host a smaller version for build purposes. Like I said though, quality is a concern of mine.
>>
Can I start a temple of travelling monks?

(I'm awful at buildfagging and pvp. )
>>
>>43985921
That screenshot has handcrafted custom terrain, a shader mod, and a texture pack.

Vanilla MC is the same as ever. (There are some really good terrain gen mods, though, so having a single-player world look like that naturally is feasible if you play modded.)
>>
>>43986496
Already have something in place for that, you are more than welcome at re-launch.

(not in place like taken or occupied, just systems to facilitate this kind of idea. What pleasure would one derive from this though?)
>>
>>43986545
How does the system work.

(I dunno I just enjoy exploring and visiting kingdoms and what not. I play on an /int/ MC serb and that's mainly what I do, surprisingly entertaining. )
>>
>>43986593
You can actually purchase items from NPCs or PCs in areas and trek across the world to sell them for profit.

There is one god that rewards and facilitates travel.

players may need someone to deliver things.

Theres (will be more since its last on the priorites list) dungeons all over the place.

There are NPC cities too in areas, vendors selling all buildings blocks for gold based prices (fairly expensive compared to inter-PC trade though).

Finally (though this doesn't help you if you don't have an actual kingdom) there are resource points to capture, ala a Goldmine, if captured for your faction generates a certain amount of gold everday. Lumber mill, quarries, fishery, etc. These can be captured at any time by any faction.
>>
File: CRCSxBb.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CRCSxBb.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>43986675
Oh, that sounds good, on other serbs I just lived off any animals I would happen across or the generosity of those I've visited.

I am officially starting the Loose Association of Noble Travelers. It is a pseudo organization of Couriers, Merchants, Religious scholars, and whoever else wants to travel and have fun. There is no real leadership ( as that would be counter productive to the whole thing ofc) it's just a way for us to spread information quicker and too perhaps find safety. You can still be a member of a kingdom and join the Organization if you want.
>>
>>43985291
It's "deity".
>>
>>43986901
Apologies, typing on a foreign keyboard with no auto correct.
>>
>>43985291
Can I choose the Paleo Diety?
>>
>>43986973
The sun?
>>
>>43985006
looks interesting I might try it out
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.