[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dungeons the Dragoning 40k 7th Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 15

File: DtDoomsday.png (264KB, 788x400px) Image search: [Google]
DtDoomsday.png
264KB, 788x400px
PREVIOUSLY IN THE LAST THREAD!
>>43882100

Awesome reviewer-anon goes over new classes and Exalts to tell you what shit does what and theorycrafts!
New ideas!
Mild storytime!
And a new version of the Big Book of Brew, hot off the press or something!

http://www.mediafire.com/?wtdus4jbck33nxs
>>
First for Kryptonians are pretty okay.
>>
>>43952299
We should maybe form a habit to include links to book 1 and 2 as well as the forum and other ressources in the first post, just like every other general thread there is.
>Forum
http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/forum/3608390/
>Book 1
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?vf8yb6hxtz0dcst
>Book 2
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?67z5c3x2qllxlfu
>>
File: shiggyDIO.jpg (108KB, 747x722px) Image search: [Google]
shiggyDIO.jpg
108KB, 747x722px
>>43952299
>lel: the game
>>
>>43952467
Don't forget this:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8z4Cy1zaGU1bnJMaDE4WDZZUlk&usp=sharing
>>
I was making an OP but was way too slow at it. Have this, though.

>What the fuck is DtD40k7.6E?
It's a roleplaying game made by the a dude called LawfulNice. It combines a fuckton of systems and bad references into a system that is actually surprisingly good?
You've got Legend of the Five Rings Roll & Keep, Storyteller-esque Exaltations, D&D classes, and Dark Heresy-esque ways those classes are implemented. It's worth a read, if nothing else.
Games can be hard to find, however, since it's VERY /tg/. Be warned.

Book 1: The core system and setting
>http://www.mediafire.com/view/?vf8yb6hxtz0dcst
Book 2: Vehicles, guns, and drugs
>http://www.mediafire.com/view/?67z5c3x2qllxlfu
Book 3: Good god, that's a lot of homebrew
>http://www.mediafire.com/?wtdus4jbck33nxs

Recent events:
>New version of Book 3 released! Shit's still outdated in some parts!
>Dude in charge of Book 3 has thought about splitting it up a bit!
>The Geode sucks and the guy making it knows that, so is remaking it!
>Some anon is working on a mech pilot exalt?!
>At least two anons are making piecemeal reviews of various Book 3 exaltations and classes. Hi, other dude.
>>
http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/forum/3608394/
Homebrew forums.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Dungeons:_the_Dragoning_40,000_7th_Edition
1d4chan Article
>>
>>43952503
>doesn't like fun
What a pleb.
>>
>>43952512
Wasn't the Geode anon and the Panzer anon the same person?
>>
>>43952553
I'm 99% sure that they are.
>>
>>43952460
What do you like about them? What do you dislike?
>>
Do you think we need more in the monster encounter section?
>>
>>43952689
There's plenty of monsters already made on the forum, have you checked those out?
>>
>>43952598
It's not horribly overcomplicated, seems moderately powerful and manages to blend a lot of references without trying to translate things perfectly from the original source to the game.
As for what I dislike, it's mostly little things like the removal of Ripple's interaction with liquids from the previous versions.
>>
Doc posted these on the forum.
Exalt PDF
https://www.mediafire.com/?4ztglyuc4kbcvk8

Class PDF
http://www.mediafire.com/?vli7dga76trwhp3

Gun Kata/ Sword School PDF
http://www.mediafire.com/?62s7w3xbajtgg3f

Equipment PDF
http://www.mediafire.com/?bjj1p7ptchzoebc

Fluff PDF
http://www.mediafire.com/?zlnkbf000cd5r6m

Thanks, Doc.
>>
>>43953376
Huh. Can't get to them right now, someone else vouch for the legitness of these?
>>
>>43953737
All of them are horrible Y2K tier viruses, luckily I am on a mac and immune to petty PC viruses.
>>
>>43953769
Good thing my computer is Y40K compliant
>>
>>43952299
Quick question guys, what's the best magical metal? Both actually and opinion wise?
>>
>>43954521
Edgelord says necrodermis, I think it just depends on what you want to do with it.

I'm a bit partial to darksteel, though.
>>
>>43952512
Shouldn't a mech pilot just be a class, rather than an Exaltation?
>>
>>43955070
In the last thread, someone posted a draft of an exalt that has a personal vehicle he can summon, along with the ability to summon parts of it. Supposedly a demonstration of an exaltation where the extraordinary aspect is outside the character.
>>
>>43954521
Really really varies depending on what you want to do with it (promethean, ammo, bionics etc.) and the type of character you're using.
>>
>>43955431
that's why its also an opinion question
>>
>>43955196
Summon parts of it? Like how? Fucking Bayonetta Wicked Weave style?
>>
>>43952716
No, I wait for it to be in the books
>>
>>43943110
>Youma is fluffed as warp stuff
Not exactly. It's fluffed as umbral, but with warp influence.
>>
>>43956846
What?
>>
>>43956977
Some Normie is spamming threads trying to prove a point with a post that ironically proves the exact opposite of what he's spouting. Just report and move on
>>
>>43957018
He's acting like he's responding to something, but there was nothing
>>
>>43957066
he's spamming the same two posts with the same picture in every thread
>>
>>43956799
or strike witches style. he took some suggestions last thread
>>
>>43956799
>>43956799
You say that like It's a bad thing, and not completely rad -- which it is.
>>
Forum discussion is going into ideas for between chapter fluff. Looks like we're doing something involving Touhou and Anarchy Reigns. Taking other story ideas as well.

As a side note, I constantly update the DtD google drive folder, so you can go there for the most recent copies of every PDF.
>>
Hello folks. Review anon one here, listening to the mario cart 8 ost.

Going on to review the GUARDIAN.

Guardian has no reason to be an exaltation. At all.

I may disagree with the Font and Geode's design, but the Guardian is literally a translation of Warframe mechanics into a single mechanical pool.

And it's literally a promethean alt-exaltation in denial.

Fluff is this: You're a person, shoved in a magic chassis. No not in the same way as a promethean. This is special.

Because warframe.

Anyway, powers.

Armored Frame doesn't give armor. Fantastic. It instead gives an extra point of resilience and lets you ignore the first 2 levels of critical damage you take. Resilience is powerful. 1 points of resilience for a level 1 human is worth 4 points of armor against 20 damage.

Granted, resilience is like a non-Newtonian Fluid, the more force you put in, the more resilience helps you. Armor works better against lower damage amounts. This is because (and anyone who's played the game knows) armor reduces damage, then damage is divided by resilience to calculate how much HP is lost, rounded down. So against 5 damage, that 4 armor better helps the level 1 human. Against 100 damage? OH BOY. (4 armor 4 resilience against 100 damage is [100-4]/4=96/4=24, 5 resilience is 20 HP lost. You'd need 20 armor at resilience 4 to get what resilience 5 gets.)

(Also granted is that resilience gives diminishing returns, but even then, it still gives a buffer against damage, resilience 10 against 100 damage is 10 hp lost, 11 is 9 hp lost, so at that point.)

Granted, this ability prevents wearing armor so it prevents one of the major sources of resilience stacking. Namely Power Armor.

I honestly don't dislike this power.
>>
>>43961194
Hey, if you're still around, can you judge the mechanics of the slime race draft? Obviously the fluff is incomplete (it's my weaker points) but I wonder if the mechanics make sense.
>>
>>43956799
>>43957903
or like how Riders in Kamen Rider Ryuki summon weapons using their Contract Beasts
>>
>>43961322
Sure, let me finish the Guardian

Void Shields is... useful at early level, but ranged weapons have ONE thing going for them above melee weapons before special abilities: penetration. Most ranged weapons after have some form of non-minuscule pen. So it being able to once per round say 'no' to one ranged attack is neat (I may not quite like being able to no an attack,) but it will be outpaced by better gear.

Warp Touched is like the Font's Signature Style: gives way too much free stuff. So the basic effect is good. Get a magic school and treat it as part of your class forever. Then you get free spells from it every Power stat. And it can be a rank equal to or less than their power stat, letting them get spells higher than their rank in that school. So, free spells with increasing your power stat.

And starting with 2 free spells by the way: 1 for Rank in the school, 1 for Mastery.

Beeteedub ('BTW' for those unhip few who don't understand memes that don't exist invented solely by me) this makes them arguably a better spellcasting exaltation than the Atlantean. Only disadvantage? +5 to Psychic Phenomenon.

Augmented Prowess is quite literally an Air Breathing Mermaid. Air Breathing Mermaid means it's a mechanic that pretty much says you can't do a thing. DtD40k7e doesn't include rules for wall running. It does include fairly kind rules for jumping, which this disregards. You know how I handled wall running in my games? 2 dot stunt for moving if there's a floor next to it. 2 dot stunt to a jump roll if there isn't a floor next to it. Worst case is a TN20 acrobatics roll (with the stunt bonus)

I ended up with a lot of wall-running Paragons. Had to pull the "Don't make stunts mundane" rule on them if only because the Excellence 2 power fed them action points.

So the Augmented Prowess is the "be a ninja" power, and like the powers I'll soon be describing, assumes that everything a Warframe can do needs to be expressed by the exaltation. Also no sleep.
>>
Let me clarify Air Breathing Mermaid, because I didn't have enough space: an air breathing mermaid is a mechanic by way of talent, option, spell, or piece of equipment that says you can't do a thing after the fact without that mechanic. Like a book having a race of mermaids. Then e second book includes and option that allows mermaids to breathe water instead of air. That option created an air breathing mermaid.

So... their resource pool is equal to Mastery+Willpower. Small pool and they need to meditate for an hour to regain their resou...

Wait a minute.

Power Stat+Attribute with a meditation to regain...

Jesus christ do you guys have only one idea on how to get resources working? Or was this a counter reaction to some over-powered resource rules before and the scorched earth had to happen?

Anyway, mastery powers.

Why

So Warframe is a videogame about customizing your magic cyborg ninja.

Dungeons the Dragoning is rife with options for customizing your character, complete with classes, feats, attributes, skills, equipment that can be custom made....

So the Guardian, rather than letting the system itself bear the bulk of the fine tuning to ensure you get that warframe just right through classes, feats, blah, blah, blah, it adds MORE customization options with each level of mastery.

Because the Guardian can't trust you with making a warframe you want with other options in the book that already exist, it needs to instead add more options at you.

Boring, generic, stat boosting options, well except for a few spell boosting ones and the Aura mods.

Basic modding (mastery 1) Choose 3, can be changed:

Vitality: +2 HP
Redirection: Void shields work against ranged attacks with pen up to Mastery+1 instead of less than Mastery. (Those of you keeping track, a little change of wording nets this as a +2 bonus. Consistent wording people, keeps the minmaxers from eating your rules like crazy)
Steel Fiber: +5 Static defense

Jesus, I'm already hitting character limit
>>
Basic Modding's not done yet folks.

Rush: +2 Speed
Natural Talent: Turn Full round spells into half actions(!!!!)
Stretch: Spells get +10 meters in range per mastery (!!!!)
Enemy Sense: Know where all lifeforms are in 50 meters (stealth is completely btfo'd by a single pick of three abilties from your Exalt's first Power stat power, well lifeforms.)

So 3 out of 7 abilities, 2 of which give constant, passive improvements to your spells. One of which is a passive speed reducer on full-round spells. You can get an ability that possibly rivals Atlantean spell improvements that costs no resources AND IS ONLY 1 OF YOUR 3 PICKS AT THE START OF YOUR CHARACTER'S CAREER

BUT YOU WANT MORE OPTIONS? YOU GET MORE OPTIONS.

Weapon Modding (Mastery 2) solves the problem that Dungeons the Dragoning doesn't have custom weapon rules.... wait. ANYWAY, PICK 3 YOUR WEAPON GETS THEM

The first 4 change your weapon's damage type, so I'll skip them. Also CUSTOM WEAPON RULES ARE A THING
Eagle Eye: Add Accurate
Metal Augur: Add Tearing
Shred: +3 Pen
Stabilizer: Add Reliable
Reach: Add Reach
Point Blank: Add Scatter
High Voltage: Add Shocking
Malignant Force: Add Toxic
Hellfire: Give incendiary
Chilling Grasp: Give Snaring

Let me repeat: THERE ARE CUSTOM WEAPON RULES

You don't need to include ways to customize weapons in a ruleset that includes weapon customization. It's retarded. This here is why I hate when people try to write Exaltations as 1 to 1 translations of the source material. You get retarded shit like making a custom weapon, then having it be customized further by your exaltation.

Also it makes the entire power-list look fucking ugly in the book.
>>
>>43962103
Dude, just give up and review something worth the time to fix. The Guardian is one of the worst built things in Book 3, including the MLP Unicorn. It needs to be thrown away, or maybe turned into an alternate Promeathen.
>>
>>43962195
Don't we already have an alternate promethean? (the frankenstein-esque, organic counterpart)
>>
>>43962195
No, I'm goin- Yeah you're right, let me put what I typed up though:

Aura Modding (Mastery 3) gives you more options. Pick one:

Rejuvenation doesn't even list an action type so you can literally break the HP economy in combat. Fun. AND it affects all your allies in 20 meters. AND it does 2 HP per one. Actually, it's not clear. I'm hoping it alters the resource healing and not creates a new source of resource healing. If it doesn't, well FUCK.
Energy Siphon gives everyone in your party a resource at the beginning of combat. Nice.
Steel Charge gives you and allies extra melee accuracy and damage, well rolled dice.
Corrosive Projection reduces enemy resilience by 1. Remember how I talked about resilience giving diminishing returns? Well the inverse is true. Every point of resilience you lower, gets more gain. Thankfully resilience dropping is rare, but... this power may be the only one and affects all enemies within 20 meters of you.
Shield Disruption gives all enemies -5 static defense

And I'm done. It's the same pattern over and over: shit ton of options, some good, some great, some just completely broken.

This means not only is it a poorly written exaltation, it's laden with accidental trap options, and feels completely thrown together for no reason.
>>
Let's say my character has bought a feat that can be taken multiple times, like for example Sound Constitution, and his new class has that very same feat as compulsory.
Am I forced to buy it again to complete the class or can I skip it?
>>
>>43962476
You're forced to. Sorry. Unless I'm getting

I'll skip the kryptonian for wave 2 with the parapsychic.

So next is the PERPETUAL.

At first I thought I'd hate it for being a poor attempt at a Deadpool-type exaltation, but I've been in a sour mood for references lately if you can't tell.

No, the fluff's pretty good and inspires characters out of me.

The 'game' and 'code' lines get a bit cheesy, but this whole game is cheesy so it's all good.

Ressurection is the single best-written don't-die mechanic in the game. It just is. Even includes a clause for non-death character removal.

Old Money is exactly the same as the Vampire's Old Money. I wish there was a new mechanic, but don't fix what's not broken. It works.

Immortality Blues is a mean downside. And not even the only one of them. And taking extra resolve damage is DANGEROUS for a perpetual

Defiled Soul is an equally bad as a downside. Though it has an interesting effect of giving an XP discount by way of locking the Perpetual out of faith feats.

Using Resolve as the power stat is... an interesting decision. I wouldn't have done it, and this is one of the more creative resources. It varies with power though. If the SM throws social combat rules at you, OH BOY. BETTER USE THE PERFECT SOCIAL DEFENSE: SWORD IN THE GUT.

If they don't, at least resolve is actually a mechanic that matters in that campaign.
>>
>>43962527
Sorry didn't finish my spoilered sentence. Unless I'm getting this and Edge of the Empire confused.

Eternal Life (Eternity 1) gives you the generic suite of immunities. Nice.

Eternal Sustenance (Eternity 2) lets you use on free healing surge per turn and get 2 HP per resolve spent for Healing surges. This might be the best power the Perpetual gets. It might be too good if the Perpetual has enough resolve. Hell, getting a free +5 static defense every round with 2 HP healed for one resolve may be too good. Either give the 2 per 1 or the free healing surge.

Eternal Calm (Eternity 3) is really nice. Spending a resolve to negate negative effects is cool. I can't tell if its too powerful or not, but the weaknesses the Perpetual faces may be a mitigating factor.

Eternal Strength (Eternity 4) needs a duration. Other than that, it's cool.

Eternal Hope (Eternity 5) is such a painfully expensive ability for such a painfully awesome effect, that it will end up defining a campaign's high point if used correctly.

This is probably the most surprising exaltation. I was expecting (in bad faith) lol!Deadpool, not a well written and interesting one that isn't just a bunch of bad references and excessive mechanics.

This is a high point of the book.
>>
>>43962527
>Defiled Soul is an equally bad as a downside. Though it has an interesting effect of giving an XP discount by way of locking the Perpetual out of faith feats.
This got stolen for the Demiurge as well, since the effect worked so well.
It's worth noting what those feats do, though:
>Pure Faith gives +2 to Alignment checks
>Virgil's Guidance lets you buy Devotion at half cost
>Armor of Contempt stops you from being forced to break Alignment if you run out of Resolve
IIRC the author said that they would've been banned for the Exaltation even if they didn't have the divine flavor.

>If they don't, at least resolve is actually a mechanic that matters in that campaign.
Something that's interesting about the Perpetual is that they're actually beefier in social combat because of it being their resource stat - they get to add their Power Stat to their pool, and you can also get an extra point from a Tau racial feat and two from the Punk base class in Book 3. Not to mention the Resolve-boosting feats in Book 2.

I think I calced it as maxing out at 21 Resolve or something?

It's also worth noting that the Perpetual has the slowest RP regen of any Exaltation in the game - which is probably why they stuck a "gain a point of Resolve whenever you do X" thing at the end of the Assets. They give a dot in three skills, let those skills go to 6, and give you a way to regain Resolve whenever you use a stunt to...
>overcome a seemingly-impossible challenge
>prevent someone from achieving their most important goal
>successfully discover or create a secret identity
>prevent someone from acting against your own Alignment's interests
and also one where you get a point whenever you take Insanity, a point of Critical damage, or an alignment check.

Of course, the Perpetual also has the problem of Resolve pulling double duty - every point that you use for healing is a point closer to being Social Combated into doing something you really don't want to.
>>
Alright, I took a look at the Danmaku Duelist because someone asked me to and wrote up a seven-post thing. Lots of stuff in that class, so I had to keep the review for the last post. I didn't like it, no sirree.

Doing the Maid after that, I guess, but that'll probably have to wait since I've got a christmas feast soon.
>>
>DANMAKU DUELIST
Danmaku Duelists have Acrobatics, Ballistics and a specific feat from the former level as prerequisites - or that's what I thought, before noticing that one of the feats is required for all of them and level 4+ only add a second specific feat.
They get three Gun Kata:
>Clay Pigeon (Called Shot) is about Trick Shots that are trick shots - shoot a gun out of their hand, shoot bullets out of the air, shoot around corners, stuff like that.
>Crisis Zone (Suppressive Fire) is about full auto spraying down corridors and hoping for the best.
>Elemental Gearbolt (Multiple Attacks) is about magic bullshit - static HP loss instead of rolling damage, making bullets do E damage to kill a vampire, shit like that. Also, you still get in multiple attacks although the advantages are only for the first one. (I'm pretty sure the restrictions go for the entire lot.)

Every level also gives +1 to Dodge tests.

(Cont.)
>>
>LEVEL 1
>You get a single level in a magic school you don't have levels in.
>When making a Full Move, add DEX to movement. When running, double movement for one round. Using it two turns in a row gives a level of fatigue. (lol undead, Kryptonian, etc.)
>When using an implement, you may reroll one die on magic tests.
>Gun Blessing - make TN20 Arcana check to unjam gun as half action, make it count as magic for one scene, and/or improve the quality one step. (I thought this was a new feat, but nope. It's from Book 2's Magitek Gunman, which means that they can just jump straight into Danmaku Duelist if they want it.)
OPTIONAL:
>Gain a specialty in Arcana OR Acrobatics OR Ballistics
>Gain Weapon Prof. Basic (Ordinary, Las, Primitive, Unarmed)

>Clay Pigeon lets you avoid expending ammunition. Really interesting in combination with Crisis Zone.
>Crisis Zone lets you fire a Heavy Weapon without bracing.
>Elemental Gearbolt lets you choose the damage type.

(Cont.)
>>
>LEVEL 2
>Gain a rank in any Sword or Magic school, up to half your level rounded up. (At this level it saves you 100xp.)
>You can use Multiple Attacks to make two non-Auto attacks.
>When making a dodge check, move DEX meters. Does not provoke the person you're dodging away from.
>Ranged attacks do +2 damage.
OPTIONAL
>Weapon Prof. Ranged 1 (Ordinary, Bolter, Exotic, Primitive, Launcher)
>Can use gunshots to manipulate objects in Short Range.

>Clay Pigeon lets you knock held items to the ground. (-1) Pistols only.
>Crisis Zone lets you do the whole "allies can hit where I hit" thing. (-1) Heavy only.
>Elemental Gearbolt has you halve damage for every 1 and double it for every 10. (-1) Primitive only.

(Cont.)
>>
>LEVEL 3
>Gain a rank in any Sword or Magic school, up to half your level rounded up. (i.e. level 2.)
>Full Action to Full Move and make a single non-Auto ranged attack.
>Treat firearms as implements. (This is the unique feat?)
>You only take -1k0 for Called Shots, rather than -2k0.
>1/session bind elemental to weapon as half action, with next attack gaining (chosen as feat is taken): E Damage+Incindiary, OR I Damage+Snare, OR E Damage+Shocking. (Why is this here without the extra uses the Magitek Gunman gets? Who knows.)
OPTIONAL:
>Wep. Prof. Ranged 2 (Las, Plasma, Melta, Syrneth, Flamer)
>Manipulate electronics in Short Range via gunshot.

>Clay Pigeon gets a cheap "knock target prone" rider. (-1) Skill(Performer)
>Crisis Zone gets an X cost "target gets -X armor for 1 round" rider. (-1) Skill(Tech-Use) (Not a class skill, BTW)
>Elemental Gearbolt gets an X cost "don't roll damage, target just loses X HP" attack. (-1) Skill(Arcana) (Pretty strong, all told.)

(Cont.)
>>
>LEVEL 4
>Gain a rank in any Sword or Magic school, up to half your level rounded up.
>When you charge or run, ballistics tests get -2k0 to hit you.
>Can use INT in place of DEX for Dodge or in place of LVL for Aim.
>1/session bind elemental to weapon as half action, with next attack gaining (chosen as feat is taken): I Damage+10m push, R Damage+Proven(3), I Damage+prone.
OPTIONAL:
>Weapon Proficiency (Ranged 3) is... why the fuck is this here? Ranged 3 is NOT A THING. There's only three types of ranged prof.: basic, physical(I, R, X) guns, and E damage guns. Melee has 3, but not Ranged.
>1/session medidate for an hour to recover a spent Hero Point.

>Clay Pigeon lets you parry with bullets and has a zero damage restriction that is secretly an advantage. (Also, Danmaku.)
>Crisis Zone has an advantage that makes an attack Blast(ROF) and an advantage that makes the target lose a half action.
>Elemental Gearbolt has an attack reroll and a "double AP" restriction.

(Cont.)
>>
>LEVEL 5
>Can spend a hero point to cast any spell one rank below your highest magic rank. (So lvl.1)
>You can make Spellcards, those being ranged custom weapons with a mod limit of your level. Can only be fired with trick shots, and need Arcana check to reload. An hour of meditation reloads all.
>You can prepare a bullet etc. to hold a spell. Make the Focus Power test while preparing the ammunition.
>You get an extra Reaction that can only be used to Dodge.
>1/session bind elemental to weapon as half action, with next attack gaining (chosen as feat is taken): X damage+roll Psychic Phenomena on exploding dice, X damage+tearing+(-1) resilience
OPTIONAL:
>Specialty in Crafts
>When making Multiple Attacks, can make up to clip size attacks with cumulative -1k0 each.

>Clay Pigeon lets you ignore cover
>Crisis Zone lets you get +2k0/raise on Full Auto rather than +1k0
>Elemental Gearbolt causes automatic Blood Loss

(Cont.)
>>
So, some thoughts on this mess that I couldn't fit in due to the character limit.
There's nothing unique about this class. There's two unique feats:
>Gun Mage
This is the Arcane Knight's Iron Tower but for guns.
>Spellcard Crafter
This is actually unique and somewhat interesting, BUT YOU GET IT AT LEVEL 5.

The rest of the clas is just a half-assed attempt at smashing together the Arcane Knight and Magitek Gunman, with Clay Pigeon and Crisis Zone mashed in for good measure because danmaku amirite. It doesn't do anything special until way too late, and some of the kind of special things it gets - like Extracurricular Study or Elemental Shot - are wasted because they don't get any of the things that made them work in the original class, like getting a third-level spell at level 5 and GETTING MORE THAN A SINGLE SHOT PER FEAT.
Seriously, the 5th-level Magitek Gunman has 4/4/2 shots - the Danmaku Duelist has 1/1/1.

It's not really worth it as-is - just multiclass instead.
>>
I'm going to make a thread in the General Discussion section as a little information drop-off point and a head's-up for the other forum uses.
>>
>>43963439
Sounds like a good idea, although it'll probably be drowned in spambots sooner or later.
>>
Wait goddammit I didn't want a tripcode, sorry for that.

I'm not the Exaltation reviewer, BTW.
>>
>>43963461
>Exaltation reviewer, BTW.
I'll assume you do classes then.

Monster Hunter, Baller, or Rigger next please...
>>
Thread is up over in the forum, in case any of you wants to discuss feedback in the other side.
>>
>>43963497
I'll put them on the list after the Maid, then. Meido, Monhun, Shut Up And Jammer, Shadejogger.

Although, come think of it, is the Rigger even finished yet? I'll look at it, at least.

I did the Blackguard, Rassler and Book 2's Heavy in last thread, in case anyone's interested. The Blackguard seems alright although its light vehicle focus might hurt it since vehicle rules, and the Rassler is hyper-focused on being a WWE superstar and jobs a bit because of that.
Exaltanon did the Deathking, Demiurge, Font and Geode. The Demiurge is cool, at least.
We also both looked at the Symbiote, which is an alright Exaltation that isn't overpowered but I wouldn't play it anyway since there's not enough upsides.
>>
>>43963419
I'm playing a Duelist in a game at the moment, could you do a review of that one please? Especially since there are a few words missing here and there with the abilities, which would be nice to hear your thoughts on.
>>
>>43963607
If you're referring to Danmaku Duelist, then it was already described earlier. Unless there's another duelist class that I might've overlooked.
>>
>>43963357
>>Nobody except the sniper gets Silent Scope because it's supposed to be his one special thing
>Everyone and their mother gets Crisis Zone because fuck the Big Shot
>>
>>43963633
There's another Duelist. It's between Dragoon and Fury (where you'd expect it).

It's all about Buckling-your-Swash, using insult fighting to perform social combat at the speed of normal combat to apply debuffs.
>>
>>43963687
asking theoretically, can I use the Twisted Metal sword school with Spelljamming Ships?
>>
>>43964486
get out.
>>
Turns out that the dinner was next week, so I'll write up some more stuff tonight.

>>43963663
Aaayup. I mean, the Heavy is still better at it since AFAIK those other classes don't get all the Full Auto-boosting things the Heavy gets, but it's a bit of a slap in the face.

You'd figure that more Gun Kata-focused classes would get the hint from he Book 2 classes and get a unique Gun Kata, but I guess that's too much effort.
Seriously, the only ones that are shared in Book 2 are Point Blank (Magitek Gunman, Sheriff) and Clay Pigeon (Sheriff, Operator).

Hell, this goes for Book 1 as well. Desert Wind, Devoted Spirit, Setting Sun and Tiger Claw are all class-exclusive, split amongst the Barbarian, Paladin and Assassin - Book 2 gives the Monk Setting Sun, but otherwise doesn't change too much.

In the core books, you even have the spells being somewhat clearly divided - the Bard and no one else gets Enchantment, the Magic User has an exclusive deal on Evocation and Conjuration (and those are the two the Gunmage gets!), and the Cleric has dibs on Healing and Transmutation (sharing them, and the Cleric/MU Divination, with the Druid.)

There's clearly some thought going into who gets what, and some effort to make sure that there's some things that are more limited than others.

What I'm saying is that you should try your hand at making a custom Gun Kata/Sword School for your classes rather than trying to fit everything into feats alone and shoehorned schools borrowed from other classes.

>>43964486
Spelljammers don't have the required actions, so probably not? They're very different subsystems. No Momentum, for instance.

>>43963687
I'll and it to my list. Actually, I'll do it next since you're actually in a game with it.
>>
>>43964606
>Asking him to get out
>When he asks a question that is very much in the spirit of the game

No. You get out. Go back to DnD. It is very clear that DTD is not for you.

I mean, sure, the answer is no. But you clearly got lost on the way to one of your baby games, nerd.
>>
>>43964765
>>43964803
>They're very different subsystems. No Momentum, for instance.
damn, so I can't use "Drive Me Closer" to give the PC stuck to the hull of my ship with grav boots the opportunity to attack or leap from one ship to the other for infiltration funs...

or Traffic Check to force them into an ally (or a moon) or run them out of control(and right into the event horizon of a black hole) with Push It Through...

would have thought that would make an interesting character...flying through space in an armor-brick with high output engines
>>
>>43964966
Yeah, the ship system is completely different - even the one action it shares, Ramming Speed, works completely differently. And since Twisted Metal (based on the games of the same name) only works with a Standard Attack or Punch It...

Also, it's worth noting that the standard unit of length used in ship combat is something like six million meters or something like that? With ten minute turns. It's big, it's slow, it's hard to control.

In the current system I think you'd just use something like Boarding Party to drop your PC into the opponent's ship via STEEL REHN and then maybe swap to non-ship scale combat. Or just, y'know, Stunting it. Don't be shackled by the rules if they make the game less enjoyable.

Also, ship shields are ludicrously strong while ship weapons vs. normal characters is "orbital bombardment falls, everyone dies."
>>
>>43965144
Orbital Bombardment is hilariously lethal (everyone burns hero points usually), but it is survivable. A friend's darksteel promethean had enough resiliance he would only take a couple of HP from anything less than a direct hit with a lance strike.
>>
>>43965144
>now imagining infiltrator delivery munitions
>one man pod
>for close range boarding or longer range "slow boat" deliveries
>shields, a penetration head, atmo for just long enough...
>for the colossally brave/stupid/average PC
>>
>>43965377
>atmo for just long enough...
or just make sure to have a promethian/vampire/void dragon/etc. do spess infiltrations
>>
>>43965422
yeah, but that seems boring...
>>
>>43965468
Entire party is Promethean/Vampire/Void Dragon-Blood/etc.

Watch your enemies die because they assume a live spelljammer necessarily has life support.
>>
>>43965495
I actually really liked this idea when I realized how many ways there are to just not give a fuck about atmo.

you could also have a wraith, vampire and/or promethean pull off the old "no life signs sir" trick.
>>
>>43965495
...or they assume that everyone hasn't found time pre-engagement to get their voidsuits on...first thing to drill into crew...suit up when the GQ sounds...
>>
>>43963419
>not really worth it
I don't know, some of the feats it gets earlier are worth picking for a good play. Although it is more fragile, considering it doesn't gave armor proficiencies
>>
>>43962208
We have a good half-dozen alternate Werewolves floating about the forum, too. I wouldn't let the existence of one alt stop another from being made.
>>
>>43962208
We have two; the Flesh Golem and Liminal. They are very similar, so it would be better just to take the best mechanics from both exalts than have two super similar ones.
>>
The sword schools in this look hella fun. What system are they borrowed from, mechanically?
>>
I'm not sure they are borrowed...
>>
>>43966841
No, Flesh Golem was presented as a standalone exaltation, but Liminal was there first. That being said, it'll probably be Doc's personal preference that decides which one stays.
>>
>>43967173
7th Sea, I think?

I mean, the actual EFFECTS seem to mostly be D&D (specifically 3E's Tome of Battle) - but IIRC the whole "build a special attack" thing is from 7th Sea.

I think.

It might also be from Exalted, maybe. I haven't read either game, to be honest.

...After reading around a bit, I think they're actually from Exalted.
>>
>>43967466
I thought they were based on exalted's charms but I've never played exalted, so what do I know. they actual sword school names are from D&D's tome of battle, and DtD's combat is very informed by DnD, so the special attacks only look DnDish out of necessity.
>>
so, for those that HAVE played this game.

what were the campaigns about?
did you finish them?
High Points?
Crowning achievements?
>>
>>43968191
I have played two one shot sessions, the first was a quick romp with some Modrons on the hull of a Spelljammer, the second was dealing with Orks heading to a death world and ruining people's days on the way over, we had to strike a deal with a feared super powerful mob boss to sterilize part of the planet to convince the orks the planet was boring, making them spread word to other orks, keeping them out of the sector for good. the Death world was a sort of right of passage, if you survive a week there, you are cleared of all crimes committed since then, the Mob boss had been abusing this loop hole by going there on a regular basis
>>
File: 1446773737052.png (1MB, 1024x1520px) Image search: [Google]
1446773737052.png
1MB, 1024x1520px
guess that exalt/class
>>
>>43968774
Kryptonian Fighter?
>>
>>43968191
I have played in one short campaign, ran a slightly longer one, and am in another right now.

In the first one:
- I was a Dark Eldarin Mithril Promeathean Assassin, of the "psh, nothing personal kid" type, who'd run away from his house because they only used him as a weapon.
- Our party was hired to find an ancient artifact by a Rogue trader, who turned out to be a Modron Lord in disguise and was going to unlock Mechanus.
- The campaign predictably ended with us smashing his face in
- The most memorable part ws when the DM confronted us with an anti-party of our evil-exalt-opposites. There followed a battle with six exalts on either side: it took about four sessions and was visible from orbit by the amount of resource points we spent. Players and GM vowed never again to run a single fight that convoluted.

In the one I ran:
- It was a very linear, railroady affair, which was intentional so it would actually finish.
- It started with them coming in to a routine landing on a Tau planet that was "complicated" by a Dark Eldarin umbral attack.
- It ended with a Werewolf Dragon and a Metal Dragon fighting a Necrodermis Dragon Cleric of the Void Dragon, surrounded by Modrons, inside the mouth of said moon-sized Void Dragon God as it woke up, while orbiting a black hole. The players tore holes in said Necrodermis Dragon Cleric, meteor-swarmed the shit out of him, and then threw the god into the black hole.
- If the campaign had a motto, it would either be "Why must everything inevitably explode?!" or "Metal. As. Fuck."
- Other than the finale, the most memorable moment was probably when the entire party jumped off a 10 story building, when only one member could fly. By the time they'd got to the ground, everyone had aquired a method (mostly stealing Dark Eldarin jetbikes in mid air).
>>
>>43968774
Something in heavy armor, probably "holy" to some degree... Rage Daemonhost Paladin?
>>
>>43968774
Atlantean Barbarian in Heavy Armor
>>
>>43968940
Oh yes, and one of my personal favorite moments was when the Eldarin Atlantean Farseer was captured by the Tau. She took off her helmet, swished her hair, and instantly convinced the Shadowsun-alike that she was a Space Moon Princess.
>>
>>43968774
The wings make me think Fairy, the fire makes me think Barbarian.

Promethean, perhaps? Ain't no eyeholes on that helmet. I'd say Guardian since Warframe by that Exaltation has Issues.
>>
>>43969002
this very nearly triggered my maximum over-silly detector...

then I remembered what thread I was in and was like "yeah, yeah that's a fine thing"

further details on what kind of moon princess? or do you not recall?
>>
A question about the Tin Star gun kata: do Silver Bullet and Dead Man's Hand apply to attack or damage rolls?
>>
>>43969467
...All, maybe? It's either for the attack roll or both the attack roll and damage roll, I'd figure.

Also, it's interesting how Dead Man's Hand gives "unkept" dice rather than "rolled" - I guess it makes sense, since +5k0 is big.
...Actually, since you can just straight-up get +4k0 rolled-and-might-keep-maybe dice for four style points, I'm thinking that it probably counts for the damage roll as well. Makes it actually impressive, rather than a small discount.
>>
File: quest idea.png (547KB, 1165x2286px) Image search: [Google]
quest idea.png
547KB, 1165x2286px
so, if I were to try and run a quest based on (pic related) what sorts of stats should I give the sociopath?

what sorts of quests would bring an entire crystal sphere to ruin ?

and what sort of macguffins would he send them for?

I'm not very creative, it's why I'm asking ya'll for ideas
>>
>>43969467
>>43969597
both say attack, not damage
>>
>>43962195
I'm not the only one who finds it weird that they included an obviously MLP influenced Unicorn race, but had it be only them instead of doing it as a Pony/Equestrian race and having it so you pick between the three main types right?(not a brony at all, just knowledgeable enough about it through second-hand osmosis to find this odd)
>>
>>43969653
I have a campaign idea I've never gotten to run that involves the head of one of sigil's factions (the one that thinks everyone can be a god if they try) trying to turn himself into a god via science. he has an arms dealer get him very very dangerous shit that he's going to do science with, and the PCs would get involved and have to stop and/or complicate the whole mess. most of the dangerous shit I figured I'd have fuzzy stats for, since the PCs might want to use them despite mostly being mcguffins, since they're weapons and all. some things I thought up:
mechanus oil. used in an assassination attempt in baator, also turns technology Evil and creepy a la phyrexian oil. I liked the idea of the arms dealer accidentally getting some on his las pistol and basically getting a tiny gauss gun to harass the party with.

Solid-warp weaponry, i actually statted these in an old old thread on the homebrew forum, but one of the hooks in book one gave me the idea. a heavy and pistol variant, they both shoot explosions of murderpower but using them drives you crazy (to the tune of 5 or 10 insanity per shot, which may be overboard, but physical chunk of the warp) and being around them gives most people severe heebie jeebies.

modified warp torpedoes that just open a static warp portal i stead of a temporary one

Giant Super Robots from elf land because reasons

Also generically engineered werewolves, but that was more of an event than a mcguffin
>>
>>43969881
>finds it weird
this is Dungeons the Dragoning, think hard about the greentext here...
>>
>>43969991
well I meant a different sort of weird than is the norm for DtD
>>
>>43969881
the Pony thing is partly a tribute because Lawful Nice is a Fan of the show apperently
>>
>>43969881
There was a pony race, but people raged about it so it got removed.

The new unicorn race is loosely based on the original but drags in some other references as well - one of the feats pretty much makes you Rapidash/a D&D Nightmare, for instance.

I think the original pony had a larger distinction between the different types of MLP pony and shit like that.
>>
>>43970099
I recall Centaurs pitched as a broader alternative but they felt that Unicorns were better on the forums, I kinda lean centaurs but I'm just one guy
>>
>>43965495
The problem here is really getting enough crew that ignores atmosphere, as those faceless people won't have all the exalt stuff. Running on Voidsuits can only take you so far, and having to constantly refill might be a problem in extended boarding actions and flights. Imagine finding a crew that will have to spend months, or even years at a time on this ship and can't even take a shower because it's voisuit only. Constructing limited life support areas for quarters might be an idea, but i don't know if at that point you might as well include the whole ship.
But for extra "fuck you boarders" use an adapter of your own design to repower/refill your suits, hunker down behind heavy defenses and watch you enemies suffocate because they can't plug in their oxygen tanks onto your supply stations.
>>
>>43970312
Hire Warforged exclusively.
>>
>>43970312
>one party member is a techpriest with 5 dots in followers
>the crew is all homemade servitors. an army of nuclear powered servitors
>>
>>43970312
You'd better get a crew that doesn't breathe, then!

Like Modrons. Hire some Modrons to crew your ship. What could possibly go wrong?
>>
File: tumblr_msiqhcA9FD1rz9gauo1_1280.jpg (291KB, 707x474px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_msiqhcA9FD1rz9gauo1_1280.jpg
291KB, 707x474px
>>43970055
>>43970099
>>43970131
personally I was thinking that a Pony/Horse race would be quite viable, plenty of fictional examples of badass horses, but a lot of them aren't Unicorns, so it needs to be broadened back up to covering at least the three main types, of course since it'd be an entire race of them there'd be a lot of MLP influence in the mix(since they are the main example of an entire civilization of talking horses) alongside other non-MLP examples, but something tells me a DtD version of Equestria would be a lot more like G1 Ponyland in nature, and that place is pretty much a hellworld by any definition of the term, seriously for a show about pastel horses the original show faced near-apocalypses every other episode, heck how they defeated their villains could be pretty brutal too(there's some other ones too, like Trolls getting turned into soap bubbles, or a witch getting turned into a tree, or another witch getting trapped in a painting and getting painted over before she can escape, or one where a slave keeping wizard gets knocked into a bottomless abyss)
>>
Whatever happened to those rules for exalts using strike craft to operate at starship scale, since Huge Battleships need sinking the beamy way?

Did the anon ever finish?
>>
>>43970753
You know, if there's an Equestria, it clearly isn't going to be exclusively My Little Pony. That's not really how DtD works.

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone made an Ewok/Kender race? You know, the small, mildly annoying comedic relief that used to be so common?
>>
>>43971050
Would the Vizards work? They seem cute enough.

Also, just for the heck of it, do you think we can mix Equestria with the five shards of Alara?
>>
>>43971088
They're not "small," though.
>>
>>43971165
Goblins it is, then. Goblins for everything, even financing and politics.
>>
>>43971230
>Goblins
Well, I thought they needed a bit of a touch-up, anyway. Not least because they're pyromaniac Jews with an ill-defined racial power.

...What is your obsession with trees, captcha?
>>
>>43971050
>You know, if there's an Equestria, it clearly isn't going to be exclusively My Little Pony. That's not really how DtD works.
I'm more than aware, it's just that it'd clearly be the main influence, if mostly cause most other examples of Talking Horses don't have anywhere near as much of a developed homeland or culture to crib from
>>
>>43971328
Perhaps we can crib from non-talking horses, like >>43971088 is suggesting?
>>
>>43971025
I think he posted tue full details, but I don't think it's ever gotten any real polish. I think someone posted it on the forums but I may be lying. search for strikejammer.
>>
>>43971328
I'm not just talking about Talking Horses, anon. Not for something like Equestria.

Remember, there's always been more to that place than just talking horses - it's a sugary fantasy land with dragons and wizards and rainbows. It's not exactly hard to think of small details that you could crib from other series - I posted the Care Bears villain in >>43971050, for instance, but there's also a few other old cartoons that fit the aesthetic as well as some video games.
>>
>>43971615
>>43971441
you guys are right actually, the question becomes I guess if any other races from this place would be written up as playable as well, ironically we could probably get a full Splat Book out of detailing this single Sugar Fantasy Land(although it could be several interlinked worlds instead)
>>
>>43971703
Hence why I asked if there was any Kender/Ewok/Care Bear-esque race available.

I guess Fairies and Halflings fit the bill, though.
>>
File: pelor.png (322KB, 1003x3232px) Image search: [Google]
pelor.png
322KB, 1003x3232px
>Pelor - Mercy, kindness, helping others at your own expense. The god of healing.
>>
>>43971509
>>43971025
That name looks familiar actually.
>>
>>43970312
...or you know, you COULD just put them in void-suits for fights ONLY...

sucking the atmosphere out for the fight and replacing it with pure nitrogen.

>>43970425
this also would do. bonus to rigger characters...

>>43971025
Strikejamming is in the forum...someplace...
>>
>>43962527
>>43962557
>>43962628
Oh wow this is pretty neat actually. Where's the exalted info located at again?
>>
What is your starting loadout and why isn't it Void?
>>
>>43971741
Dusklings inherited a less flanderized form of the kender's kleptomania, and also look like cartoon imps or generic bogeymen?
>>
>>43972022
It's in the Homebrew Exalt book, called "Perpetual" (Alternatively there's a thread in the forum from a user named Kwak.)
>>
>>43972024
Because there aren't many reference characters you can do with the setup.
>>
>>43971997
Looking at it, needs polish. Lots of math polish. Possibly playtesting in between.

Seems that spelljammers hit the striker straight to its HP, and inflict auto-criticals. However that's still tougher than "we wiped out that entire wing in a single blast". Likewise, all you can really do as a strikejammer is pop like one system at a time, one hull point at a time (but twice a turn).

Bombardment rules are pretty much just "as big ship but much smaller", the spell-amp thing on the class seems kinda fun.

Question is how does any of this actually handle in practice. I do think there's at the very least a *need* to cover the interface between huge as fuck ships and little vehicles though.
>>
Does magic damage bypass armor completely?
>>
>>43972597
Damage from spells is blunted by Aura, which is literally described as "like Armor, except for spells." So yes.

Though, I'm told that things like Arcane Blade and Ki Strike don't make weapon attacks switch to Aura instead of Armor.
>>
Exalt review anon here.

Could not find the slime race outline in the book or on the forums. If I can get it linked, I'll read it later.

But until then, the SPARK

Concept-wise....

Let's talk about the book 1 and book 2 exalts real quick. There's a common trend to them. They're all based partly or mostly on White Wolf splats. Now I wasn't originally into the world of darkness. You know how I got interested?

Genius the Transgression.

So here we have a fan exalt for DtD based on the fan-splat that got me into the World of Darkness in the first place. I want to like it.

Let's talk powers then:

Master Artificer would have been good with just a +1k0 to four skills. +Xk0 with X being their power stat? Too damn good. Instead why not say they can go to 6 in these skills?

Kit-bashing is a neat power to make stuff. And it's a neat restriction because of the resource cost. A little wonky in text to get the effect, but I don't know how to make it better. The craftsmanship boosting power effect is really neat though.

It may give a bit too much variety, but I like it. Resources is a varied enough mechanic already, an alternate dicepool is fine.

Rapid repurposing is the primary way Sparks get back to full resource. By taking shit apart. Because to build shit you need to take shit apart. It's neat, but kind of low impact way to regain mania. What you can do is build stuff with kit-bashing, then take it apart once you're done using it to regain the resources spent on it.

Power Born of Madness is a sort of weakness mechanic, but not quite. Starting with madness 10 and a derangement of your choice for a mad scientist is really fun. Most people I know want madness when playing a mad scientist. Something about mad scientist screams "mad" to people. Maybe it's the whole science dealio.
>>
>>43972638
Arcane blade was why I was wondering. Couldn't remember the name off the top of my head
>>
>>43972674
Yeah. I've been told that it's for treating your weapon as magic to get around things like the Daemonhost's Arcanoi 1 power, not to make it go against Aura instead.
>>
>>43972687
Guess that makes sense, since I could solo a dragon in a whiteroom fight out of the box
>>
>>43972668
It's this one, by the way
http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/10374945/1/
>>
>>43972668
>So here we have a fan exalt for DtD based on the fan-splat that got me into the World of Darkness in the first place.
You sure it's not based on Girl Genius?
>>
>>43972910
Yes its not fuck off
>>
>>43972910
>>43972941
I'm pretty sure the fansplat is based on Girl Genius, so yes.
>>
File: 1448252359119.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1448252359119.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>43972941
>>
>>43971261
Mine's been obsessed with grass. I suspect it was an Eldarin Promethean Druid capcha that wanted to see nature, even if in a picture, and needed help telling what was in the pics.

Now it's back to street signs, so I guess they got what they wanted.

>>43972910
Girl Genius, Narbonic, A Miracle of Science, Frankenstein and every "mad science goes wrong" movie... no good homebrew for this system has just one source.
>>
>>43972910
Name is, but all the mechanics are call backs to GtT. Granted GG was one of the many references Genius itself was based off of (and some removed splats from oMage that nMage didn't bring back)

Inspiration as the power stat, mania as the resource, the assets, disassembling technology for resources, boosting technology with resource, it's based on genius.

Now we get to the resource mechanic of the Spark. A pool that's 2 attributes and Power stat is pretty okay. The regain mechanic is pretty... unimpressive. Regain half the resources you spend. I really don't like it, if only because getting back resources for spending them (while mechanically fine) is a psychological effect that comes across as too powerful.

Add in the double-dips later and you've got an exalt that is pretty damn powerful.

Widgets (Inspiration 1) is the first double dip we get. After using an ability that costs Mania you can instantly create a widget for no cost. Then for a half action anyone can use the widget to get the same effect. You know, effectively getting twice the bonus of spending Mania in the first place. (And half the mania at the end of the scene is returned anyway.)

Only have 1 mania? Make a Acquisition TN 5 item with kit-bashing, make a widget to copy that effect. Consume both with rapid repurposing to get 2 Mania, then get 1 mania back at the end of the scene.

If your gm says "no" to disassembling the widget, use the widget to make a second TN 5 item to disassemble. Neat trick, but it's just mania right?

Well it gets worse.

Crazy Enough to Work (Mania 2) is a simple stat booster mechanic. Mental Characteristics can go to 6. Also your tens digit for insanity is added as a flat bonus to craft and tech use. Not bad.
>>
Sufficiently Advanced Science (Mania 3) is fucking powerful. Retardedly powerful. Pay mania to cast any spell without having to learn it. AND you cast it using tech use+inspiration. Remember Master Artificer? This means you can spend 3 mania to cast a level 3 spell using a pool equal to (Tech use+2*Inspiration)k(inspiration). Any genius worth his salt is going to have Tech-use at AT LEAST 3. So... that's a 9k3 starting off.

At 5 Inspiration and 5 Tech-use? 15k5 (converted into 10k7)

Oh and you can store the spell into a widget.

So now you can pay resource to cast ANY SPELL IN THE GAME, with a single dice-pool that has a double dip from your power stat. And you can mitigate that

It gets worse (AGAIN?)

Wonders (Inspiration 4) lets you make permanent widgets, that only you can use. Which means you can convert Resource into new spells.

Did I forget to mention that this is probably the single most powerful spellcasting exaltation for the simple fact that it can cast ANY SPELL IN THE GAME WITH A SINGLE BLOATED DICEPOOL. And Wonder lets you ignore the resource cost. (Does the half action to activate the Wonder replace the full action cost as well as the resource cost? Wait: "On use, it performs the action as it was originally done, choosing new targets if required" Yep the widget/wonder does the action for you. Now you remove the resource cost and the action cost of up to 6 spells for half actions.)

Jesus.

FUCK.

After the train of overt and over-powered combo'd abilities we get to the one ability that's powerful enough to define a character, but so costly it DEFINES him. Magnum Opus (Mania 5) is a well written and balanced ability that, although makes artifacts, keeps them rare and expensive. It effectively makes the artifact cost 800+(Rating*100) xp.

Scary amount, but it's worth it for the sake of "I made this."

The biggest problem with the Spark is that it combos TOO well with itself. Just from reading, this is the single best spellcasting Exaltation.
>>
>>43974083
>>43974764
First off, as the writer of Spark, thank you. I've been waiting for you to get around to it so I can see where it goes wrong, because I've felt that it went wrong at some point somewhere. Now to your points:

>Master Artificer
Agreed. Simple as that.

>Rapid Repurposing
I'm glad you like the base mechanic, because I agree with their other method of regaining Mania being a bit much. So, I'm making RR the only one.

I'm also going to add in the clause of "Can't use it on things you Kit-Bashed together" for reasons you can plainly see.

>Widgets
I hadn't actually intended for this to double down on the abilities use. What I meant when I wrote it is that "Instead of using that ability RIGHT NOW, you save it for later." So, I'm glad you mentioned that.

>Sufficiently Advanced Science
Doesn't let you cast every spell, first of all. Every spell up to 4th level, admittedly, but not all of them. That said, I'm hoping the other changes is enough to bring it all back to not obviously bullshit.

And the rest, I basically agree with. Thoughts?
>>
>>43975099
A correction on myself: I'm restricting Rapid Repurposing for things you didn't mad-science together - no Widgets, no Wonders, none of that. Again, for reasons that can be plainly seen.
>>
Now then instead of an exaltation, I'm going to review the Slyth.

Starting with a monstergirl picture. My hopes are not high.

Characteristic bonus is fine. All other races you gets both skills. Also an attack skill like weaponry, ballistics, or brawl should be reserved for races bred for war to near exclusion. I'd suggest to switch out the brawl skill for another one.

Their power is... shitty. It's vague at best. Without proper restrictions or clarification, it's an annoyance. The weakness is overly transformative.

(I know I haven't said so before) but races shouldn't overly transform your character. Look at the powers of the Book 1 and 2 races. They are a neat thing, but at most they're 2 feats.

A good race should be simple, clear and basic. They're the starting point of your character and should not excessively alter their mechanics to this degree.

IF you really want Slime People to fundamentally be a transformative aspect, it would be....

I hate I'm saying this....

It should be an Exaltation.

Power Stat: Perfection
Resource Stat: Chaos

Otherwise, keep the power simple. Maybe the ability to stretch for reach or something.
>>
>>43974764
Widgets are described as saving the use for later, so you're not spending 1 mania and getting 2 uses out of it.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the incomplete rewrite attempt: http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/single/?p=8304268&t=10353945
>>
>>43975099
>Sufficiently Advanced Science
Most of your changes are fine, but this? I'd change it immediately. It's not just for the variety effects, but the sheer XP discount you're giving. Book 1 and 2 alone means that you have over 6300 xp in spells for free at Genius 3. Just pay a Mania cost and a slightly longer action cost.

Yeah.

(The math? 9 schools. School Rank 1: 200 XP| Rank 2: 100 XP| Each spell past the first per rank would be the Spellbook feat for 100 XP. 3 Spells per school at Rank 1 and 2. 9*(2*2*100+200+100)=9*(400+100+200)=9*700=6300 xp. The ability to not have to use 5 different mental and social stats and 9 different school ranks for your spells and instead only one pool? Priceless.)
>>
>>43971946
Look up Adam on the forum. You won't be disappointed.
>>
>>43975818
>http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/single/?p=8304268&t=10353945
Hm...

I'll have to read the enchanting rules. But the new SAS is much better.
>>
>>43975943
http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/9866176/1/
>>
>>43975878
Actually, the XP cost for what SAS does - more or less, anyway, as the difference is Hero Points instead of Resource Points, though it's an important distinction - is, uh, 100 XP. Because Improvisational Magic is a feat that Magic User gets at level two.

That said, I'll probably just go with the rewrite at >>43975818
>>
>>43976223
I honestly forgot Improvisational Magic was a thing. BUT you still use the original schools dicepool.
>>
>>43976334
True enough, but it also uses the original spell's action (which I admit doesn't matter, because Widgets). Magic Schools also cost half as much to raise as a Power Stat.

Admittedly, those aren't good arguments to hide behind. So I won't. As I said, I'll probably take the rewrites version, though changed around a bit. Something like...

"When SAS comes online, choose 2 Magic Schools. You can use SAS to etc. etc., and gain one more School at 5 Inspiration."

Basically, Inspiration/2 (rounded up) Magic Schools you could do that with. Maybe?
>>
Unicorn writer here. For those of you wondering what happened to Ponies, I redid them and included Pony as an alternate option for the Unicorn. It keeps the three subraces like the original.

When I first made Unicorns, I was just going to make them Pony 2.0. I didn't do that because Unicorns were the only ones of the three subraces that could mitigate their lack of hands with TK. I mean, having hands is kind of a big deal in this game. Plus, narrowing the concept down to Unicorns allowed me to take more from the unicorns of other famous games.

Unicorn thread:
http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/10345303/1/

Made a few changes from the book already. Things that are different from the book are highlighted in red. If you have questions, concerns, or comments, let me know.

Also, if someone would review some of my other things (Kryptonians, Sin-Eaters, Gambler Class, Alchemist Class), that'd be great.
>>
>>43975639
Slyth writer here.

Thank you for the review, I also once considered having them as exalts but I took the suggestion that they could be a race by themselves. But then again, I could spin them into an exalt in the vein of the Tuatha/Raksha in that they're actually giant cells imitating the other races. I get sidelined by IRL stuff and other internet tasks so I update rarely.

Should I change the nucleus bits? The cellular aspects seem so cool that I want to keep it somehow.
>>
>>43975639
I agree with you on the monster girl pictures, it fucking infuriates me that people insist on using Monster Musume pictures, and changing shit to be more like the shitty characters in the show.
>>
File: Perfect-chaos.jpg (597KB, 4829x3026px) Image search: [Google]
Perfect-chaos.jpg
597KB, 4829x3026px
>>43976674
Okay, if you keep it a race: remove the nucleus bits.

If it's an exaltation: KEEP the nucleus bits.

>>43976439
...I'm going to ask a question:

Are you wanting to write a character option for a mad scientist, or would you rather make a system for mad scientists?

Because I'm thinking you should instead start thinking about instead making an alternate spellcasting system for mad science. Steal a bit from Genius, the Mad Scientist of Deadlands and the spellcasting system already in the book.

Widgets= spells
Wonders= combos.
>>
>>43976847
I blame that one guy who started out several exalt and race threads with Monster Musume; And myself for thinking it's a trend to be followed. My main images would've been the two slimes with rapiers and helmets near the bottom of the page.

>>43976854
Alright, I'll think about that. Probably try to split it between two different iterations. Without a nucleus (or anything for vitals whatsoever), how would you think those blobs should handle critical damage?
>>
>>43976905
If you used a Monster Musume image, you're to blame too. Don't pin it on others. It ain't like you can't find different pictures that aren't huge chested moeblobs.
>>
>>43976854
I'm wanting to write a character option for a mad scientist that could build super serums, death rays, mind control helmets, or any number of other things that I'd expect a mad scientist to build. It just happens that, instead of writing an entirely new set of abilities that focus on that, I could link such things to the Magic Schools already in place and work from there.

Theoretically, I COULD bodge together an alternate spellcasting system for mad science, but I'm under the impression that:

1) It'd be shit.
2) It'd be a bit much for something that, in the end, would just be pilfering spells using different dice rolls anyway.

Admittedly, that's probably oversimplifying something that should be a fair bit more complicated. But I digress.
>>
>>43975099
>I'm hoping the other changes is enough to bring it all back to not obviously bullshit.
Nope. If you also get rid of the part where you don't have to know the spells, then it would still be overpowered because the casting stat and the spell access is still a huge deal. Make the player choose a couple schools to select effects from and learn spells with XP.
>>
>>43976993
You're right, I was too focused on medium-sized humanoid slimes that aren't fetish shit nor poorly-drawn. I only got the humanoid slime and Zac for that.

Looking at pic, I'm thinking of drawing more from the "giant sapient cells" aspect by making them akin to Experiment One from mtg, perhaps giving them more organs or something. I don't know how to turn "boneless" into a properly balanced power aside from able to squeeze really thin.
>>
>>43977219
"Sufficiently Advanced Science: Choose two Magic Schools. So long as the spell’s level is less than their Inspiration, a Spark can purchase ‘fake’ versions of spells from the chosen Schools for 100 XP each. Using a Full Action – no matter the spell – the Spark can spend points of Mania equal to the spell’s level to try and cast learned spells, using Tech-Use + Inspiration instead of the standard test. This spell can’t be Fettered or Pushed, and checks for Psychic Phenomena as usual. At Inspiration 5, choose an additional Magic School."

Something like that, perhaps?
>>
>>43977500
You can do something like the Parapsyker, giving them two Schools and a third one coming from their Exalted Asset.
>>
Seems I skipped Sage.

I really didn't want to review the sage it seems.

So... finally the SAGE

Ugh

It's an Atlantean with more faux-Buddhism. And spirit business that reminds me of Werewolf the Forsaken

And an over-reliance on meditation.

More MEDITATION: DUNGEONS THE DRAGONING: BOOK 3: MEDITATION AND MASTURBATION

Centered Soul gives you bonuses for meditating. +Enlightenment as a static bonus to resist mind affecting powers and +2*Enlightenment as a bonus to mental defense. It's a fairly small bonus, but one that's pretty nice.

Dispassionate Oracle is the Penalty mechanic and it's a static -2*enlightenment to most social checks with mortals. It's not impressive. You can spend a Mana to cut the penalty in half for a scene, but it's kind of really meh. The penalty is never more than -10 and cutting it in half to -5. It's like the Promethean's Disquieting Presence with half the fun.

It's kind of hard to pin why the fluff doesn't make me excited. Maybe it's because it feels like it wants to be a more magic-oriented Paragon. Maybe it's because it feels like it wants to be a more spirit oriented atlantean without some extra-baggage. I have no idea, but it feels boring.

And that's a sin for an Exalt. Sure I may be overly-critical towards a lot of the custom exaltations, but they never felt ACTIVELY boring.

This, this is like someone dressing up rice as a meal.

Enlightened Mystic is a Magic School power. It also includes a mild -3*power stat reduction on psychic phenomenon rolls. Nothing too exciting here.

Seated on the Boundary gives you another benefit for meditating. You can see the Umbra! And get a bonus to social rolls with spirits and entities of the umbra! And you can speak language (spirit)!

Wait. Give me a moment. Going to look up if that's a language that exists in book 1 or 2, or if any fluff includes that spirits talk in a different tongue, because I don't remember that AT ALL. And if that's not a thing in other books: Water Breathing Mermaid.
>>
>>43978799
You probably don't remember Speak Language (Spirits) because it only appears as one of Werewolf's powers.
>>
>>43978799
There's no list of languages but as >>43978856
said, there's precedent with werewolves having it.
>>
>>43978856
Ah, yep. Well it has precedent.

Okay, yeah....

Hold on.

So there's another thing it wants: the werewolves spirit and umbra shenanigans.

Great
>>
>>43978799
Would you believe me if I said the fluff has actually slightly improved from the previous versions, where it was just a buddhist who remembers places? Literally, the assets where called "Memories of the Plain/Mountain/Sea etc.
>>
>>43979000
I'd believe you. Sadly.

This is kind of embarrassing really.

Resource pool is a basic 4*Power Stat. You regain Mana by meditating. And you meditate to qualify for some of the powers already. So... those powers don't really have a restriction because meditating isn't a restriction, it's how you regain your resources ANYWAY.

Which brings me to something about resource pools, and, for a complete lack of a better term, their growth "speed".

There are three types of speeds to the variables used in pool calculation.

Characteristic is the fastest: You could, if you really wanted to, start near max or max at character creation. If there's a multiple to characteristics in calculations, there's going to be two different characteristics.
Level is the medium speed: You can't front load it. Hell, the 'highest' level you can start the game without extra XP is level 2.
Resource is the slowest: it's limited not only by level, but requires a purchase of the most expensive thing to increase in the game.

This is the only book 3 exaltation that runs off of ONLY Resource.

Nice to see.

Shame I could say that for the rest of the Exaltion.

Spirit Trance (Enlightenment 1) is a cumbersome "walk the umbra" power. Thinking about it, it and Centered Soul should be swapped for legibility and space reasons. And replace Centered Soul's "meditate for 1 hour today" with "If you have at least 2 mana" But on Spirit Trance, I can't really see value in it. Not play wise, damn it's useful, but from a design. It's a power that lets you be on both Umbra and Materium at the same time, and avoid threats that are only on one of them. Kind of too pick and choose.

Thunderous Rebuke (Enlightenment 2) makes 0 sense for the sages fluff besides "it hunts abominations." Frankly I have no idea why Zoanids, Symbiotes and Modrons are the things it can hate. Maybe because they're groady or something? is it because DQ Sages and their lightning spells? I have no idea.
>>
>>43977443
>I don't know how to turn "boneless" into a properly balanced power aside from able to squeeze really thin.
reduced impact damage?
>>
Accelerated Senses (Enlightenment 3) prevents you from being deafened, instead you suffer minor-ish penalties. Also you can ignore bodily needs if you meditate

WHICH YOU'LL DO REGARDLESS BECAUSE THAT'S HOW YOU GET YOUR "DO STUFF" POINTS

Intensify Spell (Enlightenment 4) is 3 meta-magic powers in one, and with as many mana as you want.

Again, Atlantean exalt. Hell the "I hate Modrons" is perfect for an Atlantean.

Transcendent One (Enlightenment 5) gives your defensive spirit trance automatic defensive combat benefits based on Enlightenment. And Mental Defense again. Because it needs to be extra high.

And it lets you spend 1 mana to add 5k0 to a single roll during a turn.

The mechanics aren't broken, but it just feels uninspired and I wonder what the maker was thinking when he wrote it. It's like the blandest parts of the Paragon (not exalted by outside means), the Atlantean (Spellcaster exalt), and the Werewolf (spirit stuff) and it doesn't really feel like anything but a bunch of feats with extra bits.

It could have been a class track and I'd have no idea it wasn't other than Spirit Trance.
>>
>>43978799
>MEDITATION: DUNGEONS THE DRAGONING: BOOK 3: MEDITATION AND MASTURBATION

This is too damn accurate and it pains me.
>>
Book 3:SO I HERD U LIKE EXCESSIVELY COMPLICATED FEATS

>DUELIST
The Duelist gets a crapload of social skills and two social characteristics, and the prerequisites are Persuasion, Weaponry, and a unique feat from the previous level. Thank go for that.

Also, I didn't mention this for the Danmaku Duelist but I'm really glad that the Duelist actually has "Duelist" as a level title. That's how they're supposed to work, y'know. You just keep getting titles past Name Level to become a Master Fight Guy and whatnot since DtD goes to 11.

Oh yeah, and the Duelist gets +1 to Decieve tests per level. Teeny tiny bonuses. They're good, I guess, but I can never really make myself care.

They get two Sword Schools:
>Desert Wind (Syrneth, Called Shot) is all about having a firesword and teleporting around. Don't really know why it's here - Called Shot and the dazzling/no damage of level 2, perhaps?
>Diamond Mind (Fencing, Feint) is all about quick attacks and fencing.
(Cont.)
>>
This class is a bit more complex than most, so I'll just use an extra post to go through the Challenge feat they get each level.

If the Duelist has recently defeated someone in Social Combat, they can take a half action to activate this effect and then the target needs to win an opposed Persuasion vs. Scrutiny test to do one of the following things (chosen when you get the feat):
>make any attack beyond an All Out, Charge, Grapple or Multiple Attack.
>recieve a penalty to hit with all non-passive Racial or Exalt abilities. (What penalty? Seems situational, but then again monsters.)
>Dodge. (Goddamn.)
>Parry.
>move anywhere not towards the Duelist. (Either they stay put or move closer - stops them from fleeing, at any rate.)
>be able to use Gang Up or Aid Another. (I guess this just means they don't count for the purpose of outnumbering?)
>use melee Standard Attack actions. (This can really hurt people with Special Attacks.)
>use ranged Standard Attack actions.
(Cont.)
>>
>LEVEL 1
>Proficiency in Light armor.
>Challenge (see above). I think this lasts until you perform the forbidden action? It's very vague and not very well-written.
>Basically a Social Attack on a stick that lets you trigger Challenge. Can be used in combat, if your opponent fights like a dairy farmer.
>Can ready weapons as free actions
>Proficient in Melee 2 (Parrying, Fencing, Unarmed)
OPTIONAL:
>A specialty in any skill.
>Can reroll initiative, must keep second roll.

>Desert Wind (Syrneth, Called Shot)
>Diamond Mind (Fencing, Feint)
Sword Schools aren't very interesting at level 1 - choose between +2k0 damage, +2k0 to-hit, +0k1 to-hit, or +4 Pen if you take a restriction (e.g. "can only be used if you didn't use it last round"), or +1k0 damage, +1k0 to-hit, or +2 Pen without a restriction. And 50xp cheaper.

This level costs 500xp-1100xp, plus a bit more with special attacks if you want.
(Cont.)
>>
>LEVEL 2
>Challenge. You're the one persuading, BTW.
>Against an enemy you've defeated in social combat, make a Decieve vs. Scrutiny test to debuff them 1/scene/enemy for Resolve rounds:
>..CHOOSE ONE:
>..-Resolve to hit
>..-Resolve to Static defense when attacked by Duelist
>..-LVL Resolve in social combat
>..Reduce Static Defense by "twice the duelist's" and prevent Dodge/Parry from increasing it for the purpose of Sword Schools (what the actual fuck)
>Even failed Feints give -2k0 to reactions.
OPTIONAL:
>When you dodge, can move DEX meters and don't provoke the attacker
>Make Intimidation vs. Scrutiny check as reaction - "turn from your enemy having 'beaten' you in Social Combat to you having the advantage." (Excuse me, what?)

>Desert Wind gives a 1-round dazzle (-1k0 to all tests, -2k0 to sight-based ones) for every raise, no-damage restriction
>Diamond Mind gives a raise on parries and a "delayed or AoO" restriction
(Cont.)
>>
>LEVEL 3
>Challenge.
>Free action maneuverless feint at -2k0 penalty. (I'm pretty sure they're Special Attacks. Also, does this still have the "only one half action per type" clause?)
>Ganging Up gets +0k1 for 2:1 and +0k2 for 3:1 (i.e. +1k1 & +2k2)
>If you successfully hit with Feint last turn, you can make a second free action Feint (even in the middle of Multiple Attacks) 1/round. (Ahem, look two above. It's an answer, I suppose.)
>Make two melee attacks with Multiple Attacks. (You want to Feint and Called Shot, though!)
OPTIONAL:
>If your All Out Assault wounds, make a second attack with the same bonuses & penalties. (So now you can make two attacks with All Out Assault, Multiple Attacks, AND Diamon Mind.)
>Force enemy to attack Duelist if they fail in opposed Social Combat. Intimidation vs. Scrutiny.

>Desert Wind lets you do E damage and gives an Athletics restriction.
>Diamond Mind lets you make an extra attack for 3* SP. And gives a Scrutiny restriction.
(Cont.)
>>
>>43981524
I though you were going to do the maid after the danmaku

Oh well, you are doing a good work anyway, i just ask you please not to forget the meido
>>
>LEVEL 4
>Challenge.
>TN25(+SM's discretion) Persuasion to let someone reroll a single failed Skill Test for the current scene. Fear ends the buff.
>Reaction to force Social Combat, with victory meaning the action is interrupted. Can only be used on "partial or full round" actions. Intimidation vs. Scrutiny. (How are these supposed to work, anyway? The author knows that Social Combat uses a turn system as well and that violence is a Perfect Defense, right?)
OPTIONAL:
>Increase combat Aid Another by +0k1. (i.e. +1k1)
>Increase combat Aid Another by +0k1. (Is this supposed to stack? I guess so? Why give the feat twice on one level?)

>Desert Wind lets you turn while charging and gives a 5m teleport as an advantage
>Diamond Mind lets you use any action after a Feint (screw you, double feint feats from level 3), and has a disarming advantage
(Cont.)
>>
>>43981555
Someone's actually playing this trainwreck so I fast-tracked it. Meido next, hopefully. Then monhun.

>LEVEL 5
>Challenge
>Against enemy defeated in Social Combat, spend X RP and for X rounds "the target may not act". "Opposed Social Combat tests" (?) allow a single half action. (What?)
>Attack thrice in a Multiple Attack. (Or four times with Diamond Mind and a Standard Attack. This is an exclusive club, by the way - Barbarian, Fighter, and Book 3's Psycho.)
>Extra Reaction that can only be used to Parry OR ditto for Dodge.
OPTIONAL:
>When in Social Combat, can influence everyone who listens. (Ha ha, because fuck you why not use a half action to lock down the entire opposing side for a pittance of resource points with the right Exaltation.)
>Spend Hero Point to have retroactively prepared something within ten minutes.

>Desert Wind lets you damage everyone you move within 2m of during the attack for 2k2E.
>Diamond Mind has 2*:target loses one resource point.
(Cont.)
>>
So. The Duelist has Issues. It suffers from unclear rules, mostly with the in-combat social attacks. Those need clarification.

Challenge also has the 5E Blade Master issue, where all the options are available from the start and thus the one you get at level 5 is the one you wanted the least.

Also, I'm not entirely sure what this class is trying to be. Some kind of insult-based debuff/lockdown machine? With some added buffs at level four because why not?

Another thing I've noticed - and this is probably a problem with a lot of classes - is that the feats are entirely combat-focused. The Duelist even has Social Combat feats that STILL manage to be focused on normal combat.
Literally the only feats that work IN social combat are the "affect everyone who hears you" one and the "you want to initiate non-social Combat" one.

I guess Just as Planned is also a non-combat feat, but it's taking Courtier 4's unique feat and then making it optional so I prefer to just sneer at it.
>>
>>43969934
>>43969653
suppose one of the quest lines he sends you out on is to gather harmless components that can be assembled into a trio of Spore Torpedoes (book 3 page 211)...the party only finds out later by the suddenly dead planets/spheres
>>
>>43981585
>is that the feats are entirely combat-focused.
not in the Remodeler or Rigger classes.
>>
are there drop-pods in this game?
>>
>>43981801
Not that I remember, but it wouldn't surprise me. I suspect that some groups would prefer to skip the pod and just drop, though.

>>43981606
Yeah, obviously there's some that aren't. Hell, if I remember the Adventurer right then that class hardly has IN-COMBAT feats. It had other issues, IIRC, but "feeling useless in a non-combat campaign" didn't look like it was one of them.

It's just that so far the ones that I've looked at - INCLUDING A SEMI-SOCIAL CLASS - don't have much in the way of things to do outside combat.

Maybe I'm just barking up the wrong tree, but I hate the D&D3E Fighter's design with a passion. At least give the Duelist another Skill Focus or Peer(Neo-Renaissance Space Fops) or something.

It's also worth noting that the Duelist is equally useless against opponents that he can't Social Combat for whatever reason - like being robots or dumb animals or whatever. He can stll do something, because characters have SOME base competence, but his special abilities are all somewhat specific as to what scenario they work in.

Also, I didn't mention this due to page space but Challenge take a half action and thus the Duelist has a lot of things taking part in its action economy. It's a melee class, so it wants a half action move - if it wants to use a Feint Special Attack it needs a half move plus one to attack, a Called Shot needs a half move, and a Multiple Attack needs a full move.
Also Aid Another is a half move, the Social Combat On A Stick is a half move...

Basically, if you don't just start fighting straight from Social Combat then you'll need a full turn to debuff each enemy, a full turn to get into melee range and attack once (perhaps with a Called Shot special attack) and then either a full or half turn to attack again depending on what you want to do.
>>
>>43981801
http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/single/?p=8304641&t=9942277
>>
>>43981907
I meant in the book, but I'll look here.

>>43981859
>I suspect that some groups would prefer to skip the pod and just drop, though.
we cant all be Prometheans though...
>>
>>43981985
>we cant all be Prometheans though...
You weren't using those Hero Points anyway.
>>
>>43982023
dropping bare out like that lacks the elegance of taking a luxury shuttle, or the convenience of using a Teleportarium
>>
>>43969653
==Colony Drop==
"I'd like to play a couple of little pranks on a friend of mine; I'll pay you handsomely enough for indulging my whims"
sends party to a large space-station orbiting a light-industry hive-world

>security
"to get very far I'd advise you steal some security guard uniforms"

>first off
"so to start I want to by having the station resist letting him leave, in this case by hitting him with a docking tractor beam at random intervals."

>second off
"I want to officially change his gender to female just slot this into a port on the central server and you should be fine; but nobody can know about that part or the surprise will get fixed too easy"

>finally
"stick this in the atmosphereic controls center, it'll infect his ship when he docks and mess with his atmospheric settings a little.

all the modules do what he says they'll do, for 10 months...
then the Life-Support on the station starts pumping Co2 in place of O2, slowly so nobody notices till it's too late, the sensors certainly wont pick up on it
the defense system starts targetting all ships
and the station drops suddenly out of orbit into a population center detonating in an explosion that kills most of that hemisphere
>>
>>43984493
==Spore Mines==
"I'm going to cause a little famine to proffit by selling blight resistant crops"
sends party for the following

>agrarian research lab
"here's all the listing numbers for the canisters I need; it's an incubator fluid for the blight"

>Defense Depot
"It would work best to have a areal dispersion a trio of torpedoe shells would be best"(the party can also buy these)

>Final Mission
"last thing I need is for locals to figure out what happening before the blight strikes; upload this virus into the central crisis database on {planet}"
"after that I might suggest that you leave if you don't want your food prices to take a sudden rise"

as they leave the party catches wind from a town crier about the fall of the station and a death-toll in the billions. if they return to his office, he's already gone and all of his stuff with him.
months later the crystal sphere they were in is as dead as any rock out on the void. all three planets, sterilized.

>what loot should he offer for these jobs? I wouldn't know, I'm not good at motivating players.
>>
>>43984507
Hm. Too much loot would be an easy cue that this would be a bad idea.
Plot data for some other BBEG the characters are currently focused on? (Distracted minions = easy to obscure the importance of their actions until it's too late)
Get rid of some warrant or something on them? (i.e. fix one mess they're in by putting them in a bigger one)
Compensation for fees spent on the missions?
A 'favor' for party's first spelljammer?
>>
Alright, so I typed up the Maid. It seems pretty neat - it's like 50% combat, and mostly without weird bits. "Mostly".

If anything, the problem might be that it's not very generic - it's Sakuya Izayoi: The Class.

Seems like it'd be workable, though. I don't even know if using Grenades with Killer Doll is actually that overpowered, to be honest, since knives get Strength added to the damage.
>>
>MAID
This is a 2hu school that lets you play as Sakuya. I think there's also some small bits of MAID in there, but it's mostly 2hu.
The meido gets +1 Mental Defense per level. Each level has four compulsory feats and two optional feats; one-two of the compulsory feats are unique feats. The prerequisites are Charm, Craft, and one-two unique feats from the previous two levels. Very neat and orderly.
And yet none of the level titles are just "Maid". Goddammit.

They get two Sword Schools and two Magic Schools:
>Killer Doll(Thrown, Multiple Attacks) is about using ranged weapons with Sword Schools and making lots of attacks.
>Devoted Spirit(Flails, Aid Another) is about healing and SMITE THE UNBELIEVERS

>Abjuration is about protective magic, dispelling, and preparing Explosive Runes
>Enchantment is about social bonuses, mind control, and debuffs.
(Cont.)
>>
>LVL 1
>You get +2k0 to charm, performer and persuasion in "'Polite' settings." Peer for atmosphere rather than a group, basically.
>Reroll any one die per day.
>If you're about to do something stupid with matters of protocol and don't know it, you get a TN15 Common Lore+INT check to figure it out.
>Weapon Proficiency (Any). This is the only Weapon Proficiency you get. Pro tip: take Thrown. Thank me later.
OPTION:
>You learn a new language. Should probably be (Any).
>Attempts to pick you out of a crowd or descripe you are at -2k0.

Sword school level 1 is boring.
>Abjuration lets you parry with Abjuration+WILL, give Aura 1+raises, or avoid weather penalties.
>Enchantment lets you get +2k0 to social rolls, give one-word commands, or give everyone within 10m of the target -5 initiative.
(Cont.)
>>
>LVL 2
>You don't take any penalty to hide large objects on your person as long as they're smaller than you. (...Where is this supposed to be from?)
>You can attempt to use Advanced skills without ranks. If you have zero ranks in a basic skill, you get +1k0 when using it.
>You get +2k0 to Charm, Persuade, or Command "Nobility".
>You gain Armor equal to your Wisdom. It doesn't stack.
OPTION:
>Improvised Weapons deal +1k0 damage.
>You automatically know the local rulers and general trivia about them wherever you go.

>Killer Doll gives a movement-forbidding restriction and lets you ignore cover and make weapons return to hand
>Devoted Spirit has an alignment check restriction and lets you heal an adjacent ally
>Abjuration lets you unlock, dispel, or survive in space
>Enchantment lets you deny actions, give +1k1 to social rolls for an hour, or confuse an opponent
(Cont.)
>>
>LVL 3
>Immune to drugs and alcohol (I don't know why, dess)
>Can use CHA instead of WILL to resist enemy or environment effects
>Your movement doesn't provoke opportunity attacks
>Spend a hero point to arrive at any scene instantly. If in combat, roll initiative and arrive on your turn
OPTION:
>Improvised Weapons get +2 Pen
>+2k0 to attacks with a SPECIFIC type of weapon

>Killer Doll gives a Performer restriction and double damage.
>Devoted Spirit gives a Medicae restriction and lets you roll two dice on exploding dmaage dice.
>Abjuration gives you LVL+Raises armor, put glyphs on things to target without LoE, OR a dispel shield
>Enchantment gives mind control, AoE action denial, OR Jedi Mind Tricks
(Cont.)
>>
>>43985097
>...Where is this supposed to be from?
I could swear I saw a power like that in the MAID rpg.
>>
>LVL 4
>+2k0 to any skill check while wearing an "appropriate" outfit (this is literally taken from MAID, isn't it)
>Immune to all fear effects and pinning. Disengaging from combat or backing down from a fight is TN15 WILL. (Why the actual fuck is this here?)
>Get a hero point that can only be used to power abilities - cannot be spent normally or burnt
>Can spend a hero point to declare that you know someone
OPTION:
>Improvised Weapons gain appropriate special qualities (Waterbreathing Mermaid?)
>If someone reads your thoughts, you choose what they see

>Killer Doll gives infinite knives and grenades, and an advantage that lets you redirect dodged knives to different opponents (infinitely?)
>Devoted Spirit gives +4HP and "1*:ally gets +2SD"
>Abjuration gives Exploding Runes, dispel-that-kills-casting, OR immunity to level 1&2 spells
>Enchantment gives action repetition, blindness, and no-save Jedi Mind Tricks
(Cont.)
>>
Overall, I'd say that the Maid seems pretty strong? Even ignoring the grenade abuse with Killer Doll, Enchantment on a somewhat social class is pretty strong.
Lots of bonus stacking, too - you get +6k0 while wearing a suitable outfit and talking to nobility in a polite setting. And that's without spells!

Not that the Maid is without its issues - the grenade spam with Killer Doll was mentioned (Blast splash damage auto-hits), but there's also stuff like how their Special Attacks need to use either Aid Another - in which case they don't actually throw stuff themselves - or Multiple Attacks - they get neither Two-Weapon Fighting nor any other multiple attack feat.
Also, why on earth is Devoted Spirit there? It doesn't quite gel with the rest of the class, what with the Devotion and alignment checks and stuff. The only other "friendly" abilities they get are some Social-boosting Enchantment and general Abjuration buffs - all the feats are focused on the Maid doing things themselves.
>>
>>43985122
It's 4th dimensional something, one of the Skill category maid powers. From MAID.
>>
>>43984817
one of these...just lending a hand to some rich guy after all.
>>
>>43985122
Makes sense, I suppose. I saw some MAID in there, but I'm not familiar enough with the game to recognize all references.

I'd have figured that there would've been some kind of Master mechanic in this class, but nope. Leave that to backgrounds, I guess.
>>
>>43985097
>(...Where is this supposed to be from?)
I think that's playing up the hammer space trope, dunno if there's a particular maid related to it or if that's just because anime and maids and something something
>>
>>43985188
Yeah, Masters would best be done as Mentors or Backing.

What are you reviewing next?
>>
>>43985245
Monster Hunter.

Remember how someone mentioned how people seem to recognize that Silent Scope is the Operator's baby and yet everyone and their mother steals Crisis Zone?

Guess which one the Monster Hunter gets. Both.

Also it has a focus on Trigger weapons and I made the Monster Hunter Trigger weapons in the book so I feel some obligation to at least give it a read.
>>
>>43981532
These are available as alt. sword schools for the Duelist http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/10326252/1/ and http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/10362885/1
>>
Let's talk about the SYMBIOTE

I won't lie: I think the fluff of it belongs. Easily. A creature bonds with you and you become a new synthesis of the two. You get body horror and fleshy fun.

Mechanically it's a hybrid of the Promethean and the Werewolf.

Dual Minds is a surprising starting power: It boosts your mental rolls for 1 synch. It helps ensure that a very physical oriented Exaltion has some mental capabilities and it adds a bit of Flavor.

Integrated Weapon is them transforming with their Symbiote. It gives you a weapon and AP equal to Power Stat. It lasts a number of rounds equal to Constitution+Integration+Level. This makes minimum rounds 3, but Con is a critical stat for the Symbiote so you're likely to start with 4 or 5. Having a weapon that's both Brawling and Melee is really cool (and is extra strong with Monk's unarmed boosting. Brawling weapons stack with your unarmed damage.)

Also it allows you to be a Guyver.

Unsettling is the social weakness mechanic. -2k1 is pretty damn mean. Getting +2k1 on intimidate rolls in exchange is pretty strong emphasis on how fucking WRONG they are in setting. Even worse: it's for EVERYONE, not just mortals like other exalts with similar flaws.

Note to self: no Symbiote Maids.

Strange Anatomy is a Don't Die mechanic. Boost HP by Integration+2. Also comes with a medicae check penalty to care for you that's really extreme. -2k2, OUCH. The can't die mechanic is pretty neat and gives the common weakness to E, X, and magical damage.

The resource pool is based on Constitution+Willpower+Integration. Fun fact: All three variables add to HP. This emphasizes this as a tank.

Regeneration (Integration 1) REALLY emphasizes that fact. That pool based on the same values HP is? You can spend it on healing your HP. Regardless, Regeneration is pretty much the werewolf version with 1 less weakness.
>>
Delicious Brains (Integration 2) gives extra rolled dice to disguise rolls if you eat the target's brains. Sadly Disguise is a social roll so at Integration 2 you instead drop the penalty to -0k1. Just a slight issue with two opposed abilities. BUT it encourages you to use and invest in abilities that would normally be thrown to the wayside...

Malleable (Integration 3) lets you lose a hit point (that can't be reduced or healed by regeneration) to get +2 to a physical attribute for a scene. It's a nice boost. but you'll be sitting on hit points.

Spawn (Integration 4) lets you create minions by losing HP. Really cool.

Abominations (Integration 5) is the Symbiote's Warstrider. And it's slightly weaker. Honestly I'd suggest having it instead run more on the living weapon and include the Once per day clause instead of a heavy resource cost.

Also I'd suggest dropping the line of fluff. Powers in the Power Stat column don't need fluff. In fact, including fluff causes the column to have smaller text. Power Stat Powers need to be only their rules. It helps for sanity purposes.
>>
>>43985731
>Note to self: no Symbiote Maids.
Those can work with the Asset that removes the bonus and penalty, but I'd still recommend against it since Living Weapon is fairly useless on a Maid. You're throwing stuff and don't have Unarmed Special Attacks, and the Maid's WIS-to-Armor-and-Aura doesn't stack with Living Weapon (and is probably bigger).

The rest of the abilities could be useful, but you're probably better off going with a class that cares about unarmed combat or gives lots of HP.
>>
http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/10315444/1/

The Font is dead. Long live the Font.
>>
>>43986497
So, your empowered form lasts for a number of rounds equal to your residue, which you get by spending drops and need to convert back into drops if you want to use them, but only the residue you had when you transformed, you can't prolong it.

So, in order to actually transform for more than a round, you have to run around spending your drops, leaving you little in the tank to spend while transformed, and which don't extend the time your transformed.
>>
>>43978799
>MEDITATION AND MASTURBATION
Masturbation would be a good restoration mechanic. With bonuses for doing it in particularly elaborate ways.

>it feels like it wants to be
It wants to be CHIM+Planeswalker.
But people have had a hard time doing fluff for it and people who don't want a Kirkbride+Garfield DEEP shit are the ones who ended up trying to turn a mess into cohesion, and lost the good parts.

>>43979000
That aspect was based on a thing that's not shit, so implemented well it would also not be shit. Unfortunately, the integration of those elements was really perfunctory so it didn't work too well.

>I wonder what the maker was thinking when he wrote it.
Pretty sure he was thinking "I'm going to combine all these other exalts that people made, even though I don't understand why they like them, because I am the best at this".
>>
>>43986061
Hey Reviewanon(s) what do you guy(s) think about the Demiurge?
>>
>>43987565
yes. The idea being you build up to the transformation rather than jumping feet first and dragging it out. (or you transform in increasingly longer bursts, but that involves basically skipping a turn at irregular intervals)
>>
>>43987825
Yeah... no thanks then. Not really what I was looking for, but I hope you find a balnce you like.
>>
>>43987639
>CHIM+Planeswalker.
Why not unite them via the keys and princes and the conquering king and all that shit from Kill Six Billion Demons?
>>
>>43987683
See
>>43914169
from the last thread.

Personally I also like it, but I haven't looked at it much since the images in the forum post break the horizontal scroll like crazy on my PC. (It works fine on my tablet, though, which is just bizarre.)
>>
>>43987918
what are you looking for?
>>
>>43985097
>Where is this supposed to be from?
Watch more anime, nerd. It's a very common thing. Goes with Killer Doll too.

>>43985128
>this is literally taken from MAID, isn't it
In MAID you're always wearing an appropriate outfit by default and take penalties if your outfit gets messed up or removed.
>>
>>43987639
>CHIM+Planeswalker
The problem is that the best of the CHIM stuff was taken for the Demiurge to replace stuff that was too vague/powerful.
>>
>>43988108
Neat. Any thoughts on the optimal perks of the Demiurge?
>>
File: 1425592399001.jpg (51KB, 394x379px) Image search: [Google]
1425592399001.jpg
51KB, 394x379px
>>43988423
>optimal
i meant optional fuck
>>
>>43988203
Something like the old versions. I want someone for whom the transformation is an integral part of the character, rather than something you do occasionally when you need the stat boost.

Also, the test to regain your drops is a TN 15 testing Channel+Disguise. Which implies that you keep Channel, since you normally keep your attribute. So, at level 1 you keep one die. On a TN 15. Yeah.
>>
>>43988638
5k1 has a 27% chance of hitting TN15, anon.
>http://lynks.se/probability/#5k1

>>43988423
I don't think reviewanon 1 took a look at them, but sure why not lemme take a crack at it.

HOPE YOU LIKE THE SEPHIROT

>Qlipoth
Or not, as the case may be, since according to Wikipedia the Qlipoth is the opposite of it or something.
>Once per scene, when a creature dies inside your Absolute Territory, you regain Quintessense and gain a static bonus to all damage rolls equal to your Hubris for the remainder of the scene.
So it's a quick way to regain what, maybe a fifth-to-third of their resource points? Faster than waiting half an hour, though. This whole thing seems really common in the slower Exaltations I've seen, for some reason.
It's a pretty good Asset for a melee-oriented Demiurge, I'd imagine. I'd recommend maximizing the number of attacks you make, although thinking about it you could also go for an Evocation focus. Heavy might also be fun, if you wrestle someone to death.

>Asiyah
Spend 1 Quintessence to make your AT's terrain normal<->difficult<->arduous, 3 to skip straight to or from arduous.
That's -2k0 to melee and dodge tests for arduous, FYI.
Somewhat decent defensive asset for a more ranged-focused character, perhaps?

>Yetzirah
Critters in AT can move +Hubris meters, but take -Hubris on attack tests next turn if they do so.
It's an interesting power - it's useful for buffing allies and getting them into position, but also useful as a general maybe-debuff. Don't count on things actually making important attack rolls with that huge penalty, though.
Not sure how useful it is. It's not a bonus to Speed, it's just a flat boost.
Also, you can now shift a crazy distance. So that's a thing.

(Cont.)
>>
>>43988865
>Beriah
+3HP & +3 Static Defense
While in AT, heal 1HP/round from non-E/X/Magic. Crits heal at 1/hour.
This seems pretty strong, although it's worth noting that just knocking them unconscious kills the AT. It's a slow but reliable source of healing in a game where you don't get much of that outside of Devoted Spirit. I'd imagine it's most useful outside combat, though.

>Atzilut
Aura 3, can spend Quintessence to use any RP ability of creatures in AT for +1RP - if it would cost 2 Quintessence, you can use it regardless of Hubris.
It's got a slowed progression, but I could see that having some real potential. It's worth keeping in mind that you've not got that much Quintessence, though, and that it'll take at least an hour to recover from something small.

>Da'at
Can spend resource points on behalf of allies - heal them, give them reaction action, etc. Also, you can spend Quintessence to turn kept dice into static 5,5s (round down).
Good for consistency and keeping allies alive, bad for keeping your Quintessence pool up.

All in all I'd say that all of them are interesting and worth considering, and I'm unsure if any are overpowered. The regeneration is huge but mostly the same as the Werewolf's, Qlipoth is a huge game changing second wind but requires something to actually die within your AT before the scene is up to be really useful, Asiyah is a HUGE debuff at high levels (why yes, I WOULD like to give everyone within 20m -2k0 to melee and dodge), Da'at lets you just do some things automatically without rolling if you need it and can, as I said before, help those with worse RP pools than you do (yo, Promethean)...
The only "bad" one is Yetzirah, but that's mostly because it's really situational, gives a hard choice, and probably won't ever debuff enemies. However, if you need to reposition, or get somewhere fast, or don't (as a group) rely on attack rolls? It'll shine.

It's weird how there's six of them but whatever.
>>
>>43988865
>>43989099
based reviewanon(s)! cheers

also i'm fairly sure at some point there was five but someone added another one on so yeah.
>>
>>43952299
Which of the four rider classes should I use if I want to be the Death one?
>plans to be not!Methos
>>
>>43985046
Add some Walter Dornez for variety, or just don't worry about it because Classes are supposed to be much more specifically focused than Exaltations.
>>
>>43985046
Man, if only we could squeeze in more MAID references.
>>
>>43988865
>>43988638
while 27% is not awful, I also totally forgot how roll and keep pools work, for some reason I was assuming you'd keep disguise by default but I have no idea why. I should probably rejigger that. I was so pleased at the thought of a disguise check to keep your secret identity.
>>
>>43990589
Deathknight. It's in the name.
>>
>>43992563
Well I hope it wouldn't be that obvious. excuse me princess
>>
>>43994045
You're excused, get out.
>>
Reviewanon here. Let's talk about the UNDAUNTED

So, if I remember correctly the one homebrewer who wrote the Geode wrote this one afterwards, and it shows.

Fluffwise the Undaunted are exalted by the unfulfilled spirits of the dreamscape, aiding them and bringing them to great heights. At first, having only glimpsed at the resource and a few powers, I thought this was a simple Undertale reference with some anime "passion of the heart" bullshit. Actually having a source that exalts them. This keeps the fluff from being a simple character personality.

If Frisk was an Undaunted, he wouldn't have exalted until end-game.

Now mechanics.

Calmness gives the Armor of Contempt and Fearless feats. My only issue is that the Armor of contempt is a feat that in book 1 requires fifth level to get. Getting it at level one is pretty powerful.

Dreamcatcher creates a nice effect for not having 0 resources above the basic advantage of having resources in hand. The amounts of Armor, Aura, and Mental Defense aren't big, and they don't stack with Armor, but it's a nice idea.

Concentration, while flavorful, is SERIOUSLY POWERFUL. Negating penalties can be strong. Negating ALL penalties on a roll for one resource is way, way, way strong.

Example: Let's say we have an Undaunted Doctor (named after a card game) who has to care for a Symbiote.

In pitch black

And zero g

With one arm tied behind his back

And the other chopped off

And jackals are harassing him with blasters. (The Jackals are fighter class ships, piloted by Jackal-men of the Tomb Lords.)

Not wanting to look up all the numbers for the penalties for this, we'll say the penalties come out to be -6k3.

1 resource to negate the -6k3 completely pulled out of my ass.

I'd argue against it.

Despite Blackjack in the black against Jackals riding Jackals being pretty cool.
>>
Oath is their disadvantage mechanic... And it's clunky at best. At the start of a scene you give a single word goal for the scene. If you want to do anything that goes against it, you have to roll a Willpower Check. The TN scales with your Tell level, a mechanic that's not used except for outside of the fluff descriptions of the Exalts.

Pretty much it turns you into a super barbarian with "befriend" as a possible motivation.

I don't care for it.

The resource pool, Dreams, is based on the good old Attribute+Power stat formula.

Regaining it is a simple affair. You get it per day after (6-Power Stat) hours of sleep.

At least it's not an hour of meditation.

Act (Determination 1) gives you a simple +2k0 for attempting something you failed in the scene. This is a pretty nice power, effectively letting you get a good push to repeat things even if you failed...

I'm split honestly. In combat the most obvious benefit is to hit a target in the round after you miss. Outside of combat, I don't quite like the idea of the best solution to failing a roll on say... picking a lock, is to just do it again, and again, and again. Thankfully it's flat and not once every time you fail.

It's not a serious complaint, just a minor issue. The simple solution is to keep failure dynamic instead of "You fail, nothing happens"

Tempered (Determination 2) lets you spend dreams instead of resolve to negate social attacks. Meh.

...and I need sleep. I'll continue the review later.
>>
>>43996295
>Calmness gives the Armor of Contempt and Fearless feats. My only issue is that the Armor of contempt is a feat that in book 1 requires fifth level to get. Getting it at level one is pretty powerful.
Fearless also requires fourth level, believe it or not, although it's available to more classes than just the Paladin and Cleric.

I'm making a table to make it easier to see when Book 3's classes get things early or just straight-up steal unique feats.
Did you know that Hardy was unique to Fighter 1? Neither did I, what with how at least two of the classes I reviewed treated it.
The Blackguard had it as a goddamn OPTIONAL feat.

>>43996899
>The TN scales with your Tell level, a mechanic that's not used except for outside of the fluff descriptions of the Exalts.
There's a few exceptions - Dragonblooded, mostly - but that's mostly true. Personally I just accept it as valid design space to move into.

>Tempered (Determination 2) lets you spend dreams instead of resolve to negate social attacks.
So it's not enough that you're immune to being forced to break alignment, now you're mostly immune to being worn down through Social Combat whatsoever?
I guess that at least it's still limited by two Determination per round and doesn't make you hit the "lose two resolve a scene" limit, so they could just keep pestering you.
It doesn't quite kill the entire Social Combat subsystem, but I think I can get it for attempted murder.
>>
>>43981510
Guy actually playing a Duelist here. Thanks for the review!
>>43981543
>Reduce Static Defense by "twice the duelist's" and prevent Dodge/Parry from increasing it for the purpose of Sword Schools .
I'm pretty sure there's got to be a missing word here after "twice the duelist's". Probably Resolve, since that's what it uses on everything else. No-one is quite stupid enough to give out a -50 penalty.
>>43981567
>Reaction to force Social Combat, with victory meaning the action is interrupted. Can only be used on "partial or full round" actions. Intimidation vs. Scrutiny. (How are these supposed to work, anyway? The author knows that Social Combat uses a turn system as well and that violence is a Perfect Defense, right?)
I think Partial should probably read "Half". The whole point of the Duelist Social Attacks are the opponent can't respond to them Socially (unless they're also a Duelist or the ability specifically lets them) because you're already running in Violence-time.
>Increase combat Aid Another by +0k1. (Is this supposed to stack? I guess so? Why give the feat twice on one level?)
One of those feats give a bonus to OUT of combat aiding, one to IN combat aiding.
>>43981574
>Against enemy defeated in Social Combat, spend X RP and for X rounds "the target may not act". "Opposed Social Combat tests" (?) allow a single half action. (What?)
Yeah, Black Snark of Despair is bannanas, and the main reason I'm asking you to review it. Is there a better way of doing the effect?
>>43981585
>I'm not entirely sure what this class is trying to be.
It's a debuff-focussed Swashbuckler. It breaks someones spirit, and then slices them up with fancy swordplay. The way Social Combat works in DtD has always been more comparable to Mind Control than anything resembling actual diplomacy, with clashing wills until one side breaks.
>>
>>43998574
>>43981859
>"feeling useless in a non-combat campaign"
Do people run non-combat campaigns in DtD? In book 1, every class had some kind of fighty-ness, and the ones without Sword/Magic schools felt very underpowered. It wasn't until book 2 we got the courtier. As someone who is playing a Duelist right now, I've been finding that the non-combat part of the game I'm doing great just for having the right mix of social skills/stats/backgrounds. We're about to leap into our first major battle on wednesday, so I'll report back with combat went then.
>>43981859
>the Duelist is equally useless against opponents that he can't Social Combat
I encountered this problem in our first minor combat against some unintelligent daemon-things. I didn't achieve much, but such is the price you pay for focusing against sentient enemies. And you can always fall back on Sword Schools and Multiple Attacks.
>Duelist has a lot of things taking part in its action economy
Indeed, it's one of the main limiting things on it's power is it can't just slam down all the debuffs at once. It does have to work for it's power somewhat. Of course, I'm playing a Vampire for the sweet sweet Celerity abuse...
>>
Yeah, I don't really doubt that you can make the Duelist work in a game and have them be useful - they seem like they'd be a beast in combat. Perhaps TOO good; they've got some of the best single-target lockdown that I've seen in the game, and that's WITHOUT Black Snark. Imagine, if you will, using "you hit like a wimp" on a spellcaster or non-Multiple Attack ranged character.

It's just that, well, they've got a lot of fiddly little rules and need a good editing pass before I'd want to play one myself. For instance, what are we talking about when Black Snark mentions "opposed social combat tests"? How long is Challenge supposed to last, and what's up with the tests? Does Quip work with Special Attacks, and how the hell is Quip supposed to be used in general?
Also, GJ on giving a "failed feints still kind of work" feat together with a "free action feint" feat. Might as well just give your opponents -2k0 to reactions, why don't ya.

Also, why do they get Desert Wind? It doesn't synergize with the rest of the class at all. I still don't get that decision. There's a lot of small things that make me not like that class.

>>43998574
>One of those feats give a bonus to OUT of combat aiding, one to IN combat aiding.
They're both listed as "Coordination" in the book, at least, although looking closer Cooperation is also in the feat list. Typo, I'm guessing. Fair point.
>>
There's an errata thread up. Basically, post anything you think needs to be fixed from the first two books there, or just post them here so we can put them there.
>>
>>43999144
>they've got some of the best single-target lockdown that I've seen in the game
That's basically the point of the class, to pick one guy and Duel-debuff him to death. They are significantly worse against crowds, high resilance enemies, vehicles, and anyone with decent social defence.
>using "you hit like a wimp" on a spellcaster
It doesn't stop them using Focus Power. Depending on interpretation it either doesn't stop Evocation spells at all, or would prevent you throwing them after casting.
>what are we talking about when Black Snark mentions "opposed social combat tests"?
I was running on the idea that they make a Social Attack and you get to Refute.
>How long is Challenge supposed to last, and what's up with the tests?
My GM is going with "until the end of the scene", and the tests being a re-do of the original to snap out of it. Like breaking free of a Grapple, except it's your mind being grappled.
>Does Quip work with Special Attacks, and how the hell is Quip supposed to be used in general?
Quip doesn't say it can't work with special attacks (unlike Decieving Blade) so... maybe? I think it's meant so you can use it to go: Feint, Multi-attack 1, Feint, Multi-attack 2. But it is really badly written.
>why do they get Desert Wind
I have no idea. Maybe some media reference I'm not getting? They don't even get proficiency with Syrne weapons!
>>
>>43999744
There's a couple of places in book 1 where it still refers to attacks as being rolled with Dexterity+attack skill.
Dexterity still has "perfect aim" as a suggested specialty and Willpower still has "ambushes" and "getting the jump on others".
The new Divination spells in book 2 use Intelligence but the ones in book 1 all use Wisdom.
>>
>>43999983
>It doesn't stop them using Focus Power. Depending on interpretation it either doesn't stop Evocation spells at all, or would prevent you throwing them after casting.
It'd stop them from using any spell with the "attack" keyword, I'd think, although I think I'd perhaps just chalk it up to "Challenge needs an editor to look it over and clear things up a bit."

>Quip doesn't say it can't work with special attacks (unlike Decieving Blade) so... maybe? I think it's meant so you can use it to go: Feint, Multi-attack 1, Feint, Multi-attack 2. But it is really badly written.
It's worth noting that you don't get the ability to use Feint with Multi-Attack until the level after you get the feat - from Diamond Mind, of all places.

>I have no idea. Maybe some media reference I'm not getting? They don't even get proficiency with Syrne weapons!
My current theory's that it's because it uses Called Shot. The level 2 abilities also somewhat fit, I suppose, but anything beyond that and I just start to wonder why they bothered stealing the Barbarian's unique school.

>>43999744
Assassin 1 and 2 both get Catfall, a non-stacking feat - it might be intended, though, since you can get into Assassin 2 via Rogue 1.

The feat list is somewhat out-of-date in parts, although I can't remember specifics. Weapon Proficiency talks about avoiding penalties, for example.

The various Gun Kata in book 2 don't mention whether or not you can make stack Trick Shots through Silent Scope's Aim and Tin Star's Ready - compare the verbiage with Iron Heart and Shadow Hand.

When the Spells chapter talks about Ranged Touch, it uses the Dexterity+Ballistics formula. I'm not sure if it should.
>>
Anybody else think it's strange that Werewolves can't Step Sideways until Feral Heart 5? You'd think it would be a starting power.
>>
>>44000869
There's a big difference between being more sensible to the world of spirits and just plain entering it.
>>
>>43997774
>It doesn't quite kill the entire Social Combat subsystem, but I think I can get it for attempted murder.

You know, I was so tired, I didn't even put two and two together. Yeah, there's no reason for that power...

BUT IT GETS WORSE

Heedless (Determination 3) gives you immunity to fatigue (okay), mind-affecting effects (Noooooo) and non-damaging attacks (NOOOOOO) so long as you have 1 resource in your inventory. Jesus fuck, that's just mean, and frankly the kind of shit no one ever gets, for a reason.

Unstoppable (Determination 4) now makes it so the only critical result you care about is one that lists death so long as you have one resource remaining. This is extremely potent and removes ALL the bite (and fun) out of Critical Damage. It's pretty damn powerful in combat and that's understating it.

Refusal (Determination 5) now makes burning a hero point let you get back up and into the fight. Also, healing 10 HP is a BIG fucking deal in this system. This alone is alongside healing critical damage, removing negative effects, and getting to stand up as a free action.

Remember how it shows that the person who wrote the Geode wrote this? Well, this is better written and feels like it actually matters. The mechanics though are fucking full of "no"
>>
>>44002283
Just like the difference between being sensible to some nice house and breaking into it and stealing everything inside.
>>
>>44000869
Personally I somewhat like it - it lets the Werewolf gradually get more and more aware of the Umbra over time, from Speak Language (Spirit) at chargen to Spirit Sight at Feral Heart 2 to Spirit Walk as the capstone power.

Also, it means that you don't get the campaign derailed into adventuring in the Darkbad. Leave that for more competent higher-level characters who have more attachment to the material world.
>>
>>44006236
ANOTHER REASON WHY THE SAGE IS ANNOYING

Now then, I get to the Alternate Exaltations.

And we start with an Alternate Paragon. The FOOL

Destiny, Statuesque, and Perfection remain unchanged.

Flunk replaces Flash though, so instead of never being surprised and always being aware of all attacks directed to them, the Fool gets Power Stat*5 to Static Defense against opportunity attacks. A nice variant effect, and it creates a nice image of them bumbling about the battlefield.

Now we get to the changes that really make the Fool more than just a variant.

Pressure Points are gained the same way, but are instead used to reduce other people's rolls. Pretty nice and since it affects other people, it can make or break a fight.

Action Points remain the same.

Misfortune's Gain (excellence 2) rewards Action Points for failing rolls. A nice replacement for how Paragons regained Action Points.

Coincidence Magnet (Excellence 3) is an alternate name for All the Force of the Great Tycoon. So now Pressure is more common and plentiful. Spend it.

Epic Fail (Excellence 4) is MEAN. Just for the fact that it can be upwards of a -9 to an opposing roll for one resource.

Winds of Destiny, Change! (Excellence 5) is extremely, extremely mean and needs to cost 2 Action points to not be stupidly powerful. Even then, instantly saying "You'll fail" is really, really strong.
>>
>>44006350
>Flash

you know now that you mention it, does Flash apply if the paragon is in a ship?
>>
>>44006849
I'd say if he's piloting it, yes.
>>
>>44006849
No Opportunity Attacks in ship combat, I don't think.

As for vehicle combat, I'd reckon that a car they're driving doesn't count as "them". Feel free to rule otherwise, though.

Also, can you even get Opportunity Attacks on someone who drives past you in a car?
>>
>>44007073
Flash ensures you ALWAYS know if you're being attacked and are never surprised. Now this is an amazing feature in some games like Exalted where you can't proactively dodge if you don't know the attack is coming.

DtD less so, but the surprise negating effect means you can't be ambushed.
>>
File: Samurai_Jack.jpg (108KB, 1500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai_Jack.jpg
108KB, 1500x1200px
stat me guys
>>
>>44007801
Undaunted/Paragon
>>
>>44007801
I'll be sticking to book 1 and 2 for this.

Human Paragon Fighter with plenty of Iron Heart

Also likely a starmetal daiklave
>>
>>44007064
>>44007073
CLOSE ENOUGH

PARAGON PILOTING OF STARSHIPS AND MECHA HERE I COME!
>>
I feel like a dark souls style undead exaltation (called Darksign Bearer or something to avoid confusion) could be fun, but I'm uncreative and have no idea what abilities you would give them.
>>
>>44007801
Jump: Good
>>
>>44008684
probably an alternate wraith.

a mental weakness to represent hollowing...sounds like a perpetual to me...
>>
>>44008810
The idea of something greater than even a true immortal's self being able to mentally/spiritually sustain the immortal lends credit to the idea that a human from Dark Souls/Hollow would be a Perpetual.
>>
Okay, time for the NEPHILIM

C'tan are the true villains of the setting and would be something to be careful about involving in a character concept. THANKFULLY this is an alternate exalt and most of the mechanics are refluffing of the base mechanics of the daemonhost.

Unholy Might, Unnatural Characteristic (Arcanoi 2), and Not of this World (Arcanoi 4) remain unchanged.

Untombed Vizier works exactly the same as Demonic Tutor EXCEPT it alters how your spells look in fluff. Long story short: No Warp, all Materium.

Pariah Gene works like Rejected by creation except Resonance is called Torment and restoring it is called Healing Torment.

Distortion is the first non-fluff change to the exaltation. Replacing feeding it makes them never suffer the effects of the Perils of the Warp. Is it any perils or just the perils from spells they cast?

The Essence pool remains the same.

Black Blood (Arcanoi 1) is also a fluff change on Daemonic. Now you have black blood.

Tesseract Heart (Arconoi 3) replaces Scorn Earth. You get a free Artifact Cybernetic. A necrodermis heart to be exact. Now, the necrodermis heart is probably the riskiest of the bionic hearts and the only reason I'm okay with this power is that you lose out of the Arcanoi 5 revival power.

Not of this World is unchanged but worth mentioning because I now have egg on my face. The Undaunted's power stat 4 power is actually a (slightly) weaker version of this one.

Sorry for that.

Now we get to the most disappointing part of the Nephilim.

Phaeron Transcendent (Arcanoi 5) does a whole lot of nothing. I mean a whole lot of nothing. Stuff of Nightmares is useless with not of this world and the voidskin this power gives. Also, there's no artifact benefits for a necrodermis voidskin.

So you get a free voidskin.
>>
>>44009742
>Stuff of Nightmares is useless with not of this world

Actually, Stuff of Nightmares does a bit more than just ignore some Critical Damage effects. It lets them ignore poisons and disease, the need to breathe, "most environmental hazards" (whatever the fuck that means), Blood Loss (as I assume bleeding means, but I don't think that comes into play outside of Critical Damage anyway), and stunning.

So, I don't think Not of this World completely outpaces Stuff of Nightmares. Just part of it.
>>
>>44010280
The voidskin protects against the need to breathe, and most environmental hazards would include the void. But yeah, poisons are neat I guess. I guess I feel that's it's too weak for a Power 5 effect.

...I can't believe I just argued that a homebrew power was too weak...

ANYWAY, the Nephilim has opened my eyes. I've lost sight of how the original Exalts worked. So I'll be reviewing them..

In fact, we'll be breaking down their resource pools first, alongside their acquisition rates.

As well as their minimum, their maximum, and the range I expect a character to start the game with (ESV).

Atlantean: Charisma+Willpower+2*Power, 1 point regained by Psychic Phenomon or 1 hour meditation (Minimum 4, maximum 20. ESV: 6-8)
Chosen: Devotion+Power, All points regained with a ritual once per day (Minimum 2, maximum 15. ESV: 7)
Daemonhost: Charisma+Willpower+2*Power, 1 point regained for each point of damage caused by a bite or by rolling a willpower check that can kill you if you aren't careful. (Minimum 2, Maximum 22 (unnatural characteristic helps.) ESV: 6-8)
Paragon: Level+Power, regain all at the start of the session. At Power 2 regain 1 with a successful 2 dot stunt. (Minimum 2, maximum 10. ESV: 2, maybe 3 with a smart player gunning for excellence 2 by the end of the first session.)
Promethean: 3*Power, regain 1 per hour. (Minimum 3, maximum 15. Expected starting value 3)
Vampire: 5*Power, regain 1 resource per fatigue placed on a target by feeding. (Minimum 5, maximum 25. ESV: 5)
Werewolf: Composure+Willpower+Level. Regain Power resources at the start of combat and with the rising of the moon (Or local equivalent.) (minimum 3, maximum 15. Expected starting value 5-7)
Wraith: Resolve+Power. Regain 2 per hour in the Umbra. (Minimum 2, Maximum 10. ESV: 3-5)
Dragonblood: 2*Level. Regain all after 5 minutes of rest. (Minimum 2, Maximum 10. ESV: 2 maybe 4 with rushing to level 2.)
>>
>>44010761
Now then, we can discover some interesting things with Book 1 and 2 exalts:

1. No pool uses physical characteristics
2. If two characteristics are used, it's usually a mental and a social
3. If they would use a pool that could be based on physical characteristics (like the Vampire and Promethean) it instead has a multiplier on the power stat
4. Vampire has the largest pool. It also has the largest weaknesses and needs to spend a resource each day to not fall unconscious.

Honestly rate and size tend to be unrelated, but the two smallest pools at start (Dragonblooded and Paragon) get theirs at a consistent rate. Paragon needs power stat 2 to get his rapid rate ability though.

What I guess I'm trying to get at is: PLEASE NO MORE MEDITATION
>>
>>44010761
Wraith: Resolve+Power. Regain 2 per hour in the Umbra. (Minimum 2, Maximum 10. ESV: 3-5)
resolve is will+com, putting the min at 3, max at 15, and probably bumping the ESV, because will also goes to HP and is used for poltergeist stuff
>>
>>44011014
I derped. Yes, true: Min 3. Max 15. ESV 5-7.

I won't lie: ESV is based on both stats being at 2 or 3 and adding power 1's benefit to it. So 4+1 to 6+1

Certain builds will have higher values. Some could be with a 11-12 starting value if they really wanted to.
>>
>>44010996
Or, considering the Atlantean, at least give a fucking alternative if you FUCKING NEED to go with meditate?
>>
>>44011151
Yes Exactly
>>
>>44010996
the promethian at the third smallest starting pool has a standard regen as well, longer than the dragonblooded or the paragon after 2 dots, but still consistent. the only 10 cap pools are the paragon and dragonblood as well, everyone else caps at 15 or higher. I know when I was putting the font together 15 seemed high, not average. the more you know.
>>
How about something like this as better sage concept:

Planeswalker
These days, moving between the crystal spheres is easy – any berk can book passage on a spelljammer and do it. But spelljammers aren't always the most convenient. Well, there are keys that can open any doors and a Planeswalker has got one. Some give birth to new keys by recognizing that all worlds are fractured dreams of a godhead who was split into many parts, and others reach heaven through violence. At least, that's what they say. Others say all keys were formed at some past age, and none can say for sure as the formation – or, perhaps, awakening – of a key is a rare event. Most planeswalkers receive their Key differently. It might be a gift, an inheritance, or, very rarely, it might be stolen.Whatever the origin, the Key is a divinely indestructible artifact that unlocks the mind of its host.
Planeswalkers use keys to move between worlds without crossing the intervening space, and can call on the nature of the places they've been.

Power stat: CHIM
A Planeswalker grows in power as he grows in comprehension of his own ego, of the key in it, and of the worlds around them. This may seem broad, but these three things are fundamentally interrelated to a planeswalker, and as his CHIM increases, so too does his understanding of this fact.

Resource Stat: Lands
The Planeswalker draws on, or taps, the lands that he has been to in order to perform great actions. He has a pool of land equal to his CHIM+Wisdom, and regains spent land by visiting different biomes and adding them to his pool.

Could use powers to summon/channel/invoke things like a planeswalker and to open gates like someone with a key from K6BD. Not actually sure how much CHIM can be incorporated without usurping content from Demiruge.
>>
>>44011795
Seems like Conjuration would be a great magic school for a Planeswalker, especially considering there's a homebrew Conjuration spell called Mana Tap.
>>
Note to Reviewanons: Nephilim and Sin Eater are different from book counterparts. Nephilim has a new power, and Sin Eater has the word count lowered.

Could you guys review Kryptonian on the forum next?
>>
>>44011865
Okay then. The KRYPTONIAN

Fluff fits. I don't look at it and go "No" and I'm not disappointed in it.

Celestial Body is really neat, but how long does 1 Heat protect it from the void?

Sunlight Dependency is their weakness mechanic and it doesn't have the bite of some others, but it's a palpable drain.

Overdrive is a neat unarmed damage booster, but this kind of over-emphasizes the exalt as an unarmed user.

Burning Heart's spellcasting benefit is neat, but the unarmed boost really marks this as "Use unarmed"

The Heat Pool REALLY wants you using unarmed since it uses Strength as a pool alongside Charisma and their Power Stat. The resource gain is fast, but requires certain conditions, and if you don't have those conditions you will suffer fast.

Lightbulb (Luminosity 1) lets you glow. For 1 heat a turn, it lets you count as sunlight.

Man of Steel (Luminosity 2) is the Daemonhost's Unnatural Characteristic combined with a scenelong but lower impact Promethean's Transhuman Potential.

Solar Breathing (Luminosity 3) lets the Kryptonian spend a full round action to regain a resource in an area where there's no heat. This is a bit much honestly. This is on par with the Paragon's Power 2 ability. And with a medium pool, that's a bit much.

Shooting Star (Luminosity 4) gives flight. Nothing special, nothing terrible.

Aura of Light (Luminosity 5) gives you a spell with an alternate casting pool. Nothing too scary.

Solar Breathing is too much, and that's all.
>>
Can you fire rocket fist in this?
I wish to be a robot girl with rocket fist.
>>
>>44014097
How are the assets?
>>
>>44014157
Evoluder has a rocket punch ability, but it's still a forum WIP
>>
>>44014157
perhaps a promethean?
>>
>>44014157
Robot Girl yes, rocket punch is a bit hard.

>>44014228
No real idea why there is 6.

El gives .5 resilience, Shooting Star at character creation with an upgrade later and the Guardian Feat.

Shit ton of benefits. Getting Shooting Star early ALONE is powerful with an upgrade later. I'd argue even then to remove it. Guardian is also an iconic feat of the Paladin track and one of their prerequisite feats.

I know assets are powerful and character defining, but this is too much and tries too hard to be a Kal El asset.

Brand of Zod is a nice social boost, but letting Man of Steel affect social stats is too much of an increase.

Brand of Grey is a powerful way to increase spells with free raises AND has an Atlantean level restore power, that may be way, way, too powerful. (Going to max though can cause you to instantly roll Perils of the Warp)

Brand of Hestan is HOLY FUCK. YOU WANT HP LOST NOT DAMAGE. HOLY FUCK SHIT NIGGER WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Brand of Joestar is ALSO way too powerful, giving you a free rank in a sword school, the ability to buy ranks in that sword school from now one AND allowing you to apply Overdrive to melee attacks.

Brand of Rubiss is okay. Spending heat to cause a stun effect is fine, and the ability to lose luminosity once per day outside of the sun's light instead of once per hour.
>>
>>44014622
>YOU WANT HP LOST NOT DAMAGE. HOLY FUCK SHIT NIGGER WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
Pardon me asking, but what's the difference?
>>
>>44014097
Charisma is the stat for Evocation, which has a spell which improves unarmed damage.

>>44014975
Damage has armor subtracted from it and then is divided by resilience to determine how much HP is lost. Damage is typically going to be in the 10 to 30 range. Regaining 10 to 30 resource points every time you take a hit from an E weapon is just silly.
>>
>>44014975
I think Damage can still be mitigated by armor and resilience.
>>
>>44014975
A level 5 tiefling with the Strudy asset in Orichacum power armor. He has AP 14 and Resilience 8. Someone rolls an attack on him and it hits for 20 damage.

He regains 20 Heat and loses 0 HP.

(Also the Promethean's Recharge runs off on the same concept and has HP lost. Hell, you can copy-paste the effect directly)
>>
>>44015087
>level five tiefling kryptonian in orichalcum power armor
Jesus Trucking Christ that's terrifying.
>>
>>44016140
>Jesus Trucking Christ that's terrifying.
Make it an Assamar with drive instead and you get that.
>>
>>44016140
Also that's not as scary as the Goliath Darksteel Promethean going into warstrider.

16 armor and 11 Resilience is one hell of a drug.
>>
>>44017087
Gonna take vehicle weapons to dent that, holy shit.

>>44006350
What're your thoughts on the wildcard assets?
>>
>>44014622
Just fluff a Promethean Integrated Weapon as launching Rocket Fists with the profile of something else.
>>
File: sakuya tohou.jpg (2MB, 1771x1240px) Image search: [Google]
sakuya tohou.jpg
2MB, 1771x1240px
>>43985046
>it's Sakuya Izayoi: The Class.

best tohou

I know what to play next
>>
>>44017369
Be sure to get the Chronomancer exalt...when it becomes complete.
>>
>>43985128
wait, isn't there a lv 5?
>>
>>44017216
Comeback is FUN concept-wise and reminds me of TORG (speaking of TORG, my old homebrew kitchen-sink setting from highschool could....)

Clutch wants you to stay average. Pretty nice.

Disaster Dominoes is a little too mean for my tastes, but the fairly low TN is fine. And it requires FAILING a stunt and costs a hero point.

Klutzy Hero I just really dislike. Being able to intentionally fail just feeds too much into the Fools power.

Murphy's Law though is nice.

I can't complain honestly.
>>
File: fuuuck.gif (331KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
fuuuck.gif
331KB, 500x373px
>>44017386
>Chronomancer

DOES THIS MEAN I CAN GO FULL ZA WARUDO?

call me a faggot, but my heart skipped a beat when i read your post there
>>
>>44017410
Writer of the Fool here, I guess you could say I'm foolish for not realizing Klutzy Hero's game breaking potential. (I kept judging it by its own merits)

Also, I'm thinking of buffing Excellence 5 to allow making target person SUCCEED their roll at a more expensive cost.

Either
>Spend # action points to make someone fail or pass.
or
>Spend 2 action points to make someone fail OR spend 6 to make that person succeed.

What do you think?

>>44017447
>s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/10367376/1/
It's honestly a WIP thing, we're running low on ideas on how to make it awesomely-powerful yet balanced.
>>
>>43985046

>Sakuya Izayoi: The Class.

Creator here. Not QUITE.

Its original intention was oddly enough 'I want a social-focused class other than the existing one'. So I went with a different tact, that of Jeeves in Jeeves and Wooster. A social class that's based around being polite and under the radar rather than forceful. I wasn't a huge fan of the book 2 social class.

From there I realized 'I'm making maid/butler' as a class and the Maid References and Sakuya jokes rolled in.

The time stop is actually a Maid ability, not JUST 'Something Sakuya does'.

Most of the references to Sakuya came when I decided to add a little combat to it as I don't like classes with 0% combat.

On the other hand: The end result IS kinda Sakuya even if my thoughts were 1/3 Jeeves, 1/3 Maid RPG and 1/3 Sakuya.
>>
>>44017455
Also, I'm thinking of buffing Excellence 5 to allow making target person SUCCEED their roll at a more expensive cost.
Instant Failure is extremely useful and can instantly cause a super combo to stop in its tracks or the full Style technique to instantly fizzle.

Making someone instantly fail is extremely powerful and the crux of why Exalted 2e's combat system sucks.

Making someone instantly succeed is 10 times worse.
>>
>>44017475
Welllll.... Maid RPG makes it incredibly easy to be Sakuya...
>>
>>44017481
Fair point, I was feeling that WoD,C! is a straight upgrade that immediately obsoletes Epic Fail once its unlocked.

Revision Idea for Klutzy Hero:
>When you fail a test, you may spend an Action Point to add your rolled dice for the next one. (If, for some reason you've found a way to fail reliably) This effect cannot be used consecutively.
>>
>>44017475
isn't going anyone to mention on how he forgot the fifth level?
>>
>>44017455
>It's honestly a WIP thing, we're running low on ideas on how to make it awesomely-powerful yet balanced.
let me give it a red and give me thoughs, but I promise nothing
>>
question, why all the books and descriptions use "her" and "she" instead of the male equivalents that are more generic?

Is it an inside joke, or anything that I'm missing?
>>
>>44017522

...did I?

Man, I haven't looked in on there in ages.
>>
>>44017568
not you, I mean reviewanon, he forgot to review the fifth level
>>
>>43985128
>>44017406
Shit, did I really miss that? Sorry dude, but I deleted the draft since I figured that I'd posted it all.

Short version: the non-unique feats mean that you don't need to eat or sleep, can't be forced to break alignment, can optionally walk on water and get that fighter-unique Weapon Specialization because clearly you needed +2k0 damage with grenades.

Although rereading the Sword School rules I think Killer Doll might only apply to melee weapons with the Thrown quality, so that fixes it.

There's two unique feats - World for Two lets you stop time for you and one other person for CHA minutes outside combat or one round inside it, and Perfectly Elegant means that you don't need to care about degrees of failure.

Killer Doll 5 gives you gazillions of attacks (5 per enemy within 5m plus the standard attacks from Multiple Attacks), Devoted Spirit gives you +Devotion static damage if you heat the head or gizzards, Abjuration has Contingency or Wall of Force and Enchantment has Geas or memory manipulation.
>>
>>44017560
My guess is that sometimes the pronouns get shuffled around for the sake gender distribution or something.

When I wrote the Fool I tried my damnest to make it as gender-neutral as possible so I don't have to deal with that.
>>
>>44017216
>Gonna take vehicle weapons to dent that, holy shit.
....You can cast Dragonform before that to become a size 18 giant robot dragon with 10 strength, 16 armor, and 14 resilience. (And 6 Dex and 8 Con, but who's counting?)

100 damage to him would only drop him by 6 HP.

What would that look like? Well it'd sound like this at least:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c9ifgkyvGw
>>
>>43985097
>>You don't take any penalty to hide large objects on your person as long as they're smaller than you. (...Where is this supposed to be from?)

Creator here.

Anime! In particular Alexander Anderson (As Killer Doll is as much him as it is Sakuya) but it applies to a lot of anime in general.
>>
>>43985128

>Improvised Weapons gain appropriate special qualities (Waterbreathing Mermaid?)

Waterbreathing mermaid?
>>
>>44017621
Mermaids in a book get written.

A later book gives them an option that lets them breathe water even though the write-up doesn't say they can't.

Best example of this is a character option that in some games that reads "You can discern which way is north by looking at the position of the sun."

Meaning without that ability, you can't tell where north is despite possibly knowing the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.
>>
>>44017584
how [spoile]foolish[/spoiler], not that I personally mind, but seems a bit unnecessary

but oh well, if you have no problem with it
>>
>>44017582
new conclusion?
>>
>>44017548
Okay, the chronomancer
Let's skip the obvious thing of it lacking fluff

It needs two things, a "not die" mechanic and a weakness/disadvantage mechanic. As the "not die" mechanic I was thinking of something about time going backwards towards the moment previous to the death of the exalt, taking an amount of time proportional to the amount of critical damage suffered in hours, with some similarities with the symbiote, I'm no good with crunch, but an example would be entering a vulnerable state and healing a critical wound every two hours (unable to heal things like lost limbs) until the exalt reaches zero, with all her resource pool transformed into tocks

As a weakness mechanic, I was thinking of something related on how being outside the flow of time fucks up the perception of the chronomancer. I started to write something about having a problem with memories, but it was too bad and complicated, so I gave up
>>
>>44017594
>....You can cast Dragonform before that to become a size 18 giant robot dragon with 10 strength, 16 armor, and 14 resilience. (And 6 Dex and 8 Con, but who's counting?)
Don't forget to go Fighter/Guardsman 4 or Paladin 5 for Armor Specialization, so you can squeeze out an extra +2AP!

Also, of course, Paladin gives you access to Stone Dragon 4 and +1 Resilience. And if you wear Power Armor over your Integrated Armor then you still use the superior 16AP but get +1 Resilience and +1 Strength.
Also, make sure the armor is Darksteel so it halves penetration.

You are, as they say, "Fucking Invincible."

>>44017659
Mostly the same as before >>43985143, I think? It's a good class with a couple things I've got an issue with - Devoted Spirit, mostly. Seems like it'd be a blast to play - literally, if the DM is permissive.
Killer Doll looks like it'd be a headache and a half in the hands of any mildly experimental player, though - Stone Dragon 5, for instance. You just get too damn many attacks with The World. It does way more damage than any core advantage - compare with Stone Dragon 5 and Diamond Mind 3. And those don't run off of Multiple Attacks!

>>44017621
What #1 said. In the first book, without that feat, you could maybe assume that you could use half a table as a shield with the appropriate qualities, or that a torch might have Incindiary, or that wrapping some chains around your fist might make a 0k1 Brawling weapon, or that a ten-foot-pole might have Reach.
But that feat appearing in Book 2 means that nope, they don't have shit.
Which is weird, since there's not a lot in the way of rules for improvised weapons. You'd figure that they'd just recommend you to use the Custom Weapon rules, but nope. Even Book 1 just says that "most improvised weapons count as clubs" without much explanation.

Also, I'm pretty sure that they're just Ordinary weapons and thus "Weapon Proficiency (Improvised)" and the like are kind of hyper-specialized?
>>
>>44017792
>You are, as they say, "Fucking Invincible."
I'm of the opinion that Goliath is complete and utter bullshit by the way. (It'd only drop the resilience by 1, but it's still 3 higher than a halfling trying that shit)
>>
>>44017828
(by one if it's only size 5)
>>
>>44017792
That makes me think, could Armor Specialization apply to a Promethean's integrated armor?
>>
>>44018079
no
>>
>>43952299
We hit Bump-Limit, next thread here:
>>44018283
>>
>>44017828
Dryad Matrons, yo.
>>
>>44018544
I know, but at least it's a racial feat and one with downsides beyond just the (minor) drop in defense.

Still pretty damn powerful even then.
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.