[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to create a homebrew race of weird beings that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1eggsurprise.png (1MB, 900x660px) Image search: [Google]
1eggsurprise.png
1MB, 900x660px
I'm trying to create a homebrew race of weird beings that look like pic related. I have no idea what to call them yet nor where to get more pictures, but I really like the basic look.

I'm thinking their abilites could be something relating to extreme animal abilites; like resistances to the elements and magic, perhaps also an immunity to poisons or disease. Natural claw, horn, and fang weapons, maybe even a bladed tail?

What would you do with these things?
>>
>>43882713
What does the rest of the setting look like?
Are these things running around with Tolkieneque elves and dwarves?
>>
>>43882759
>Are these things running around with Tolkieneque elves and dwarves?
No.
>>
>>43882713
Cronenbergs
>>
File: lol.png (678KB, 1011x585px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
678KB, 1011x585px
>>43882863
HA!
>>
>>43882759
>What does the rest of the setting look like?
Honestly, I've got next to nothing. I've just been looking for inspiration.
>>
>>43883056
Okay,

How about this:

It's a biopunk urban fantasy. Demons enter the world through a "god-gene" inserted into animals through the blood-magic of genetic modification.
They emerge from chicken eggs and cattle wombs, and increase their strength by consuming GMO soy, lentils, and corn.
Their end goal is to try and get humans to encourage human beings to genetically engineer their own offspring to create "designer children". This will allow them to infect humanity with the god-gene.
>>
>>43883204
CREEPY.

I like. :)
>>
>>43882713
What kind of egg is that?
>>
>>43883303
>>43883204
Furthermore, the demons have an empathic connection to enhanced humans called 'Grinders'. Humans become Grinders when they receive the god-gene when they receive vat-grown organ transplants, genetic infusions, and other forms of bioware/cyberware.
>>
>>43882713
>What would you do with these things?
grow them in battery cages and turn them into cyborg ninja velociraptors
>>
>>43883338
Perhaps, a delicious one.
>>
>>43883204
>>43883495

Revising this:
The creatures are called 'Archons' and they are trying to bring about the rebirth of the 'Demiurge' through designer babies.
They have an empathic connection to enhanced humans called Grinders, and play the role of mutated spirit animals on every Grinder's quest of transhuman self-realization.

Each Order of Archon corresponds to a different Hack.

>Raptors; the Foul-Born
Blade Legs and Limb Replacement

>Minotaurs; the Cattle-Born
Symbiotic Bacteria

>Frankensteins; the Sheet-Meat-Born
Tissue Replacement/Augmentation

(What would be a good class of archons to associate with magnetosense, electro-perception, and techno-empathy?)
>>
>>43883204
Such bullshit is a rare sight to see
>>
>>43885155
Gnosticism is cool but has been overdone in pop culture recently.
>>
>>43890725
Too true.
>>
>>43882713
Call them Catharti. I'm not sure about the tail or horn weapons seeing as they are an aven-esque race but a serrated beak could be cool, maybe just give them claws on the feet so they can have a culture-specific martial art of fighting using their feet (like that bloke from One Piece).
>>
>>43894588
perhaps i should of read the rest of thread, didn't realize you were going in a bio-demon direction with them.
>>
>>43894621
All suggestions are good ones.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.