[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>>>/k/28023091 Why is there random fucking skulls EVERYWHERE?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: Stormhammer0000.jpg (438KB, 1550x1108px) Image search: [Google]
Stormhammer0000.jpg
438KB, 1550x1108px
>>>/k/28023091
Why is there random fucking skulls EVERYWHERE?

Imagine getting a ride in a Leopard 2 and fucking Hans the Loader has decorated his tank with the skulls of his enemies. You'd think that there was something seriously wrong with those lads.

Why hasn't their commanding officer given them shit about this?

Why is it only carrying one spare road-wheel? Thats highly fucking optimistic isnt it? Speaking of which, fixing those tracks looks like it would be a fucking nightmare. theres fucking riveted armor plate covering them, going to need to take DAYS to just fix a thrown track.

Speaking of rivets, WHY?!? Why is it covered in rivets? No-one in their right fucking mind uses rivets in tank construction, they make for great shrapnel and spalling for the crew. Its also no fun when a high calibre shell smacks your armor plate, and it holds, but the rivets all shear, and your armor plate is left just fucking dangling there held on by a couple of rivets.

Whoever drew the cutaway neglected to include the fuel, aside from those piddly little tanks out back, how far do they want to drive? 50km? Also wheres the fucking engine? I see something in the back that looks like a wooden fucking 4 poster bed, but no engine. Someones priorites are seriously fucked up.

At the back, left of the tank, by the ladder. What is that? Is that a kitchen? Is that a skeleton making tea for everyone?

WHY IS IT DECORATED WITH SKULLS?

Why is the tank commander poking his head half out of the turret? Does he have some wish to get a shave from a sniper?

Why the fuck are the exhaust pipes resembling a fucking organ?

The front mounted gun by the drivers spot, it looks like the guy who's supposed to be there is slacking off somewhere else, probably having a wank over one of those skulls or some shit. What the fuck is the Skull / Spider thing that is now in that room?

The drivers position actually looks reasonably sensible compared to everything else.
>>
>>43880299
I only see one skull on that model, OP.

Sage for stupid thread, though.
>>
File: OP.jpg (33KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
33KB, 500x281px
>>43880299
>>
>>43880433
It's a crosspost from a /k/ thread, anon: arguably one of the most No Fun Allowed boards out there, after /tg/.

Think before you sage.
>>
File: 1448741518111.jpg (319KB, 1680x1289px) Image search: [Google]
1448741518111.jpg
319KB, 1680x1289px
you should have used the pic you're talking about so that way it makes at least a little bit of sense, OP.
>>
>>/k/43880299

Could have at least posted the picture that /k/ommando was referring to.
>>
File: download.jpg (15KB, 293x172px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
15KB, 293x172px
>>43880299
>>43880433

It is to flaunt and pay tribute to the perfection and beauty of the human anatomy, even to it's barest form and striped of all.

And thus it has been, as I dictated it.

Do you even human, my child?
>>
>>43880702

It looks so nice and cozy.

Look, the TechPriest even has his own study room.
>>
>>43880299
Skulls are the ultimate representation of the divine Human Form in Imperial symbolism, and therefore do not have the same connotation they do in our world.

It's exactly the same reason why Christians will constantly plaster an instrument of excruciating pain all over everything we own, because the symbolism is quite different in todays world.
>>
>>43880817
The billards is on the other side.
>>
>>43880817
"Dear Diary, today I confessed my love for Baneblade spirit-sama!"
>>
Because 40k's aesthetics are fucking idiotic. Why is that fucking tank covered in shot traps? Why is it festooned in guns that couldn't threaten something of its weight class (well anything that wasn't covered in shot traps)? On and on. You can argue that it's part of a setting not meant to be taken seriously, but then the setting literally becomes immune to criticism, and any dissatisfaction you have with it, invalid.
>>
>>43880299

For the Guardsmen crew, the skulls encourage faith in the Emperor. Faith is what motivates them to do their duty diligantly, to be brave in battle, to hate their enemy and to be willing to die in the line.

For the AdMech, a lot of those skulls will be from dead techpriests. They're placed in the tank like in a catacomb, to honour their devotion and to honour the tank's machine spirit.

Also good to see /k/ are as retarded as ever:
>Why is the tank commander poking his head half out of the turret? Does he have some wish to get a shave from a sniper?

Kraut tankers in WWII usually fought with open hatches because it gave them a better view, and that was key in getting the important first shot, in spotting where enemy shots came from, and having general battlefield awareness. While German tank commmanders did statistically take slightly more head wounds than those of other countries, it was considered worthwhile anyway because it helped the combat effectiveness (and thereby survivability) of the tank itself.

Of course, it's typical that an Americlap on /k/ would be a) too gutless and comfort-addicted to have the balls to roll with open hatches and b) vastly overstate the role of "muh marksman and his longarm" in large scale armoured warfare.
>>
>>43881079
>(well anything that wasn't covered in shot traps)
When everyone is equally retarded, no one is!
>>
>>43881079
>You can argue that it's part of a setting not meant to be taken seriously, but then the setting literally becomes immune to criticism, and any dissatisfaction you have with it, invalid.

Glad to see you understand. Hopefully now you'll see it's nothing you need to cry about any more.
>>
>>43881152
No crying. This is an imageboard created for discussion. I don't buy the idea that 40k wasn't meant to be taken seriously and my position is backed by a fanbase that very obviously takes it quite seriously (as evidenced by the fact /tg/ basically became unusuable after the release of Matt Ward's GK codex). That classic deflection of criticism is no different from claiming you're doing something in an "ironic" fashion, and thus don't need to be good at it. As it stands, 40k is a derivative chop job of Dune and 2000 AD comics that manages to lose everything that made both of those good.
>>
>>43880299
Skulls repel demons.
>>
File: Daemon Prince.jpg (93KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
Daemon Prince.jpg
93KB, 920x950px
>>43881292
Bruh
>>
>>43881292

You see, demons too, are scared by spooky skelleton heads.
>>
>>43881362
> Khorne demon invasions are slowed down because they're too busy taking the billion skulls that are on any imperial object.
>>
>>43881229

As someone who started 40k with Rogue Trader, a book packed with silliness and fun for the sake of it, I can say that you're objectively full of shit.

Also:
>my position is backed by a fanbase that very obviously takes it quite seriously

lol, no it fucking isn't. Really, are you honestly saying that because there's a bunch of kissless neckbearded edgelords that take 40k seriously, that means we all should?

Not only should 40k not be taken seriously by anyone, neither should you be taken seriously when you spout drivel like that.

You can try to claim it as "classic deflection of criticism" all you like, but it just makes me laugh that you can say that without a trace of irony. Irony, because that's exactly what you're doing. People criticize you for taking it seriously and then you whine that they're "deflecting" criticism. They're not. They're saying it's a dumb setting that runs on rule of cool and that your criticisms are mindless. It's like providing literary criticism of fucking Axe Cop: at best it's being melodramatic, and at worst pants on head retarded.
>>
Where can I find rules for the Stormhammer? Can I take it in a HH game?
>>
>>43881229
>>43881835
Orks are a barbarous wave of destruction.
Orks are silly hooligans caricatures.

Necron are silent and immortal robots of death.
Necron are mindless high tech murder-machines lead by delusional buffoons.

IG are heroes trying their best in an hostile universe, like Ibram Gaunt.
IG are pawns to be thrown into the meat grinder, like Chenkov does.

Serious or silly, I won't chose, I take it all!
>>
File: Page289.jpg (1MB, 2595x3567px) Image search: [Google]
Page289.jpg
1MB, 2595x3567px
>>43881948

The Stormhammer is a HH only tank anon.
>>
>>43882104
Ah, thanks anon, just scratching the surface of HH game. looks like it is Auxilla only and my Legion cannot take it. still cool model though.
>>
File: GrimDark.jpg (469KB, 1919x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GrimDark.jpg
469KB, 1919x1080px
>>43881229
>derivative of Dune
>still parroting this joke

No anon, calling the alien drug addicts that steer spaceships Navigators doesn't mean that others using common naval terminology are "ripping off" Dune.

@/k/ Yes, 40gay is retarded cos no one IRL would ever decorate their tanks.
>>
>>43881079

>You can argue that it's part of a setting not meant to be taken seriously

Not so much as it's not meant to be taken seriously as looking cool and plausibility is good enough, things don't have to be hyper realistic.

>but then the setting literally becomes immune to criticism, and any dissatisfaction you have with it, invalid.

Not being realistic is a criticism you could level at 40k, however not many people seem to care. If it bothers you so much than 40k probably isn't the setting for you.
>>
>>43880299
It's funny that you mentioned the leopard 2 and then complained about rivets.
>>
>>43881102
Even Americans command with their heads out.

Fucking everyone does it.
>>
>>43883704

Periscopes and Cameras are never going to be as good as your own two eyes for spotting targets or threats.
>>
>>43880433
I see 3 (technically 2, I'm just assuming that the second one is also on the other end for the sake of symmetry).
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.