[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shadowrun General- It's A Fucking Anti-Aircraft Gun, Vincent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 43

File: Jenny, Cancel My Five O'Clock.webm (2MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Jenny, Cancel My Five O'Clock.webm
2MB, 720x480px
Connecting to Shadowlands BBS...
>Verifying Biometrics...
>Identity Verified...
>Opening /srg/...

Books:
http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr

Chummer 5:
https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/latest
Issue tracker:
https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/issues

Last Thread: >>43803803

Thread Topic- I've had enough of tactical operators operating tactically. /srg/, tell me stories of the time you said, "Fuck it!" and just blew everything to pieces to get the job done.
>>
Do they still celebrate Thanksgiving in the NANs? Seems that celebrating the European invasion would kinda rub them the wrong way.
>>
>>43842334

>>>43842341
So, how had he ended?
>>
>>43842403
I'm pretty sure trying to make a paper turkey would get you shot in the Sioux Nation. They've probably reverted to some old First Nations holiday schedule, with everyone getting a few free days a year to take off as they see fit for religious reasons. Helps that they don't bow to the corps.
>>
>>43842425

Well, it doesn't speak well of our operatorness.

> our mage stunballed a bunch of kinds out of sheer frustration to grab the fucker
> had to escape from cops, 'cause you know - a Gandalf looking guy in robes carrying away a kid
> decided to keep him for a while, to interrogate him/ extract our revenge/ then sell to Horizon/ all of the above
> our RFID-removal guy empties whole basement and we place the techno in there
> no matrix access at all (Faraday cage, signal-eating paint)
> the whole room is flooded with most annoying children shows of XXI age we could find
> since we were in a kind of a hurry we've left him some food, drink and chemical toilet
> got busted on a run, had to leave the country
> left the techno alone in a well-locked no-Matrix basement with enough provisions to last three days tops
>>
>>43842442
Sure, but not all the NANs are as "fuck the Anglo pig-dogs!" as the Sioux, they're on the extreme end of the spectrum.
>>
>>43842504
Even still, Thanksgiving is the kind of thing that would get swept out of the public eye in the NAN for sure. Maybe in some places there's an uptick in white folks getting turkeys during the fall, but no way it's a statutory holiday or at all recognized. Why would it be?

I bet there's a standing petition that gets circulated every year through the NAN and mailed to the CAS and UCAS decrying them for celebrating genocide.
>>
>>43842568
Probably less so in the PCC given that it's got the better part of SoCal now.

I will say one thing, the possibility of Macy's parade balloons being replaced with giant flying drones could make for... interesting potential.
>>
>>43842989
Yeah, if any NAN would be okay with thanksgiving, it's PCC.
>>
File: ford-canada-bison.png (947KB, 1015x609px) Image search: [Google]
ford-canada-bison.png
947KB, 1015x609px
Reposting from the previous thread.

What vehicle mods you don't leave the garage without?
What to put in the XL sensor array?

I can use Arsenal stuff. Because 4th ed.

Pic strongly related.
>>
>>43843186
I'll post a couple more vans, because they're generally cool. This is a viable alternative to Ford.
>>
Since it's been on my mind for a while, would using the rulebook for a Wild West setting (with the fantasy shit too) be viable? I was just wondering because I've wanted to do something like that for a while now.
>>
>>43843207
Don't have the tiniest idea what this van is, but it looks cool. I'd make it ruthenium-polymer coated and stream youtube on its sides.
>>
File: It Depends.jpg (34KB, 425x340px) Image search: [Google]
It Depends.jpg
34KB, 425x340px
>>43843209
Deadlands is real Weird West if you want that.

Shadowrun has nothing at all to do with the Wild West. You could set something in a small town in the PCC and play with the tropes, and that would be fine. Or you could try do some unholy Westworld abomination, but why would you? SR is not a great system to begin with, it's not worth the hacking.
>>
>>43843229
(I realise it had the name right there, but what book GMC Celine is in?)
This one is labelled as being from Schattenkatalog. Do we have Schattenkatalog? Germans get all the best stuff.
The only thing I get is that it's a Russian van.
>>
>>43843269
Btw, srg, would you consider a huge bus as a party van? Like picrelated or, say, Conestoga Vista? It is relatively inconspicious, handles not much worse, has about the same speed and a whole lot more room inside for people, stuff, drones and mods.
>>
>>43843264
>Deadlands is a genre-mixing alternate history roleplaying game which combines the Western and horror genres, with some steampunk elements.
>combines the Western and horror genres
>with some steampunk elements
fucking hell, how hard is it to find a combination of "Western" and "Fantasy" without the other genres
It's like finding 1930's Dieselpunk with The Great Depression and without Lovecraftian horrors
>>
>>43843229
Well, it's the Rover 2072 from 5th Edition. I think it's the only vehicle that actually has any art in 5th.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (65KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
65KB, 500x200px
>>43842334
>I've had enough of tactical operators operating tactically. /srg/, tell me stories of the time you said, "Fuck it!" and just blew everything to pieces to get the job done.
You prefer the time where the Man in a Iron Mask and her acolyte blew up 3 different toxic materials in one night, dropped a rusty container on the guards with a crane or called a S-K deathkorp team to clear (mostly) harmless squatters ?
>jfw
>>
File: akira.jpg (101KB, 753x755px) Image search: [Google]
akira.jpg
101KB, 753x755px
not sure I've ever seen this asked... how would you run something based on Akira in Shadowrun?

I mean, biker games are fairly straight forward, but how about the big psychic fun (especially giant mutant blob tetsuo)
>>
File: 0.1 Essence Loss.jpg (12KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
0.1 Essence Loss.jpg
12KB, 320x320px
>>43843851
Let's hear the one with the most explosions.
>>
>>43843835
Isn't the Rover basically a shadowrun hummer? That is, not a van, butca fuckhueg suv?
>>
>>43843976
It's a luxury SUV in the flavor description. I think, at least. Not near my books right now.
>>
Who's the oldest person in the Sixth World, srg?

Leaving aside stupid crap like the immortal elves, which (meta)human is acknowledged as having lived the longest life, probably being born in... the 1960's?
>>
>>43843967
The only thing that catastrophic would be the summoning of high-force spirit. But that's not really how it went in Akira.
>>
>>43844423
Might be if the spirit possesses things or the summoner, rather.
>>
>>43842334
What is that scene from?
>>
>>43844438
I always thought possession to be "exorcist" possession, not "JRPG final boss" possession.
>>
>>43844439
Fargo tv show. Never seen it, but it looks different from the movie.
>>
>>43843970
They were asked by an AA to find a way to delay a Wuxing chemical cargo for the Johnson employer to gain a public market.

The Iron Mask decided to buy 5k worth of civilian explosives, they entered the storage after convincing the patrol guard he really needs to smoke a cigarette (not that he does have one, but still), planted 3 bundles on random containers, kill-stunned a guard with a tazer-sword, flew, blew it all up, checked on the astral plane after that for chemicals.

Turns out the chemicals weren't even there.

They sniped another guard, stole a shipping manifesto, blew up more containers (some with hellhounds inside), and lastly crashed a truck on the highway then blew it up with more explosives.
>>
File: Toxic Shaman.jpg (13KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
Toxic Shaman.jpg
13KB, 400x266px
>>43844871
>checked on the astral plane after that for chemicals

Do just basic chemicals show up there? I would have thought they'd need to be interacting with living things to leave an astral mark, or maybe something that was super-radioactive. Stuff in lead-lined barrels in a warehouse wouldn't make my list of 'astrally notable events'.

Unless they were just looking around to see if they'd created a toxic zone, which I guess is effective if not insanely dickish.

Good problem solving, though, and proof that demolitions is something you should put a couple spare points into.
>>
>>43844930
>Unless they were just looking around to see if they'd created a toxic zone
That's exactly what they tried to check for.
>>
>>43845027
A mage who deliberately creates a toxic zone just to see if her plan worked? Hell of a pair of stones on that one. Would not want to be them when the spirits hear about it, though.
>>
>>43845050
She was not the one who created it trough. She just checked afterwards. The Iron Mask is 100% to blame on that one.
>>
>>43842334
I don't have a good story about that, but I do have one about when I should have gone operator, didn't, and nearly died.

>Playing Paladin, the Troll cowboy, Distinctive Style. Cowboy hat, gun belt, spurs, the whole deal.
>Job's gone south, run into another team, massive shootout
>Most of everyone is dying or dead
>Enemy elf pistol adept gunbunny is still up has just emptied her clip at our street sam and he's dying on the ground
>Have the drop on her, both modded Superwarhawks pointed at her head
>Notice she has an old timey tin star sheriff's badge pinned to her armour
>"You fancy yourself quick with them irons little lady?" I say
>"Fastest in all the West CAS" she drawls
>"Well hows about on the count of three we draw and see how fast you are?" I ask
>She nods, dumps her clip, snaps in a fresh one, and holsters her Ares Predator
>I holster my pistols as well and we face off
>GM tells me basically we're going to roll pistol + agi, every net hit is a +1 to initiative
>"One" I count "Tw-"
>She draws and fires
>Oh fuck me she's using APDS rounds
>Roll initiative, she just beats me
>Fires again
>Almost unconscious, thank god I'm a Troll with bone lacing and orthoskin
>Quick draw and fire back at her, one should be enough to take her down
>Critical glitch, gun jams cylinder opens and bullets are flung outwards
>Hit a third time, on the ground bleeding out
>She pats my cheek, grabs the duffel bag of BTL chips and scampers.

One burned edge, several months, and alot of medical bills later.
>Meeting with new team at abandoned warehouse
>Walk through the door
>Gunbunny sitting on a crate, tin star and all
>She looks up "Oh hey, no hard feelings ri-"
>Draw and fire
>Deadly roll, tons of successes, no chance for her to dodge.
>Remember that I keep a gel round first in each cylinder, just incase I accidentally shoot myself in the leg
>Gunbunny is on the ground dazed
>Step over her and wink
>"Three"
>>
File: 1431832595829.gif (313KB, 195x210px) Image search: [Google]
1431832595829.gif
313KB, 195x210px
>>43845111
>>
>>43845086
She still knew what was going on, unless she was totally moronic; blowing up a bunch of chemicals only ends one way.
>>
File: Super Warhawk.jpg (9KB, 352x182px) Image search: [Google]
Super Warhawk.jpg
9KB, 352x182px
>>43845111
>>Remember that I keep a gel round first in each cylinder, just incase I accidentally shoot myself in the leg

You got Gremlins, anon? I know you're not impuging the craftsmanship of the greatest piece to come out of Ruger's workshops.
>>
>>43845174
No, but I my smartgun was once hacked and I got a hi-EX round in the foot. Lesson learned.
>>
File: 1437948383088.png (280KB, 950x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1437948383088.png
280KB, 950x1400px
>>43845198
But then you can get a cool cyberfoot! Come on, that hacker was doing you a favour, omae.
>>
>>43845142
She isn't that bright but she didn't knew that the sam was going to blow all up to hell. She was taking care of the guards while he was busy inside.

Plus for her defence the chemicals weren't that toxic, is was more of a slime that should have been used in polymers, and she berated the sam for this afterwards.
>>
File: 1357629225656.png (4KB, 207x160px) Image search: [Google]
1357629225656.png
4KB, 207x160px
>>43845174
>tfw soiled Glorious Hawk with as much weapon mods as i could

Sure, it can quickly switch between 10 ammo types, can be used to deck a m8 and can shoot a fly from half a kilometer...

BUT AT WHAT COST
>>
Did TMs get anything new yet to make them good?
>>
>>43845213
I wish. I think cyberlimbs are one of the coolest parts of shadowrun but mechanically they're pretty shit
>>
>>43845439
They're useful when you just need those three extra strength to be able to rip motherfuckers in two.

Cybertorso, though, is a complete and utter waste of essense.
>>
>>43845213
On that note why are cyberlimbs so ubiquitous but there are no rules for losing limbs.
>>
>>43845466
So should I keep my used muscle toner 3 or take a pimping cyberarm?
>>
>>43845508
They're not mutually exclusive, with cyberlimb you just use its str/agi rating with tests that use the limb (punching, aiming, picking locks, etc.) If you absolutely, positively need as much strength as you can get, sure, why not. Cyberlegs are at least useful for everyone (except for magic users) since you can stuff speed-enhancing modifications for them.
>>
File: 26079Navy1.jpg (40KB, 1000x402px) Image search: [Google]
26079Navy1.jpg
40KB, 1000x402px
>>43845248
Modded to look like this. Thematic and all that.
>>
File: boxguns are cool mmkay.jpg (26KB, 382x254px) Image search: [Google]
boxguns are cool mmkay.jpg
26KB, 382x254px
>>43845576
My character's looks like this, but larger, boxier and with multiple interchangeable cylinders.

In his defense he's japanese, he's not supposed to have a good taste.
>>
>>43845468
>not adding random hit location and limb damage tables to every game you play

Come on, anon; Shadowrun is already crunchy enough to qualify as gravel, might as well go a little farther.
>>
>>43845642
>Turning a warhawk into that monstrosity

Put all your points into Clubs, you're not allowed to carry a gun any more.
>>
>>43845642
>reflex sight on a revolver
you sicken me
>>
>>43845111
It seems typical of elves to be the dishonorable "Sheriff" with a tacked on tin-star.
>>
One of my players wants to take the Borrowed Time quality, but doesn't have a reason in game. Anyone have a cool idea that goes with the quality?
>>
>>43846370
Was given a chemical cocktail called the Bangkok Sunrise for his disloyalty to the Triad, it should have killed him six weeks ago, but due to some biological quirk it hasn't.
>>
>>43846370
Fortune favored him immensely in his youth, but those days are gone and karma's gotta balance the scale. One day his luck's gonna run out, and everything's gonna go to hell fast.
>>
>>43845951
>Looking down at people for being dishonorable in Shadowrun

Come on man.
>>
>>43846557

Everybody's got a line they don't cross.
You don't hurt people if you can help it, you don't geek kids, you finish the job you start and you don't rat.
It ain't much, but it's something. And seeing how it ain't hard to not break those rules if you've got a brain, transgressing actually means something.
>>
>>43846643
>You don't hurt people if you can help it, you don't geek kids, you finish the job you start and you don't rat.
I have literally done all of those things on almost all of my characters.
>>
>>43846710

>kill people without needing to
>kill children
>ditching jobs
>being a rat

If your character does these things you ought to have enough bad rep that people would be unwilling to work with you and there's probably a bunch of bounties on your head.
>>
>>43846643
>You don't hurt people if you can help it
If you can't help it is almost totally arbitrary and meaningless.

>you don't geek kids
unless you have too.

>you finish the job you star
unless you've been double crossed.

>you don't rat.
unless it's beneficial.
>>
>>43846760

If you're in a shootout with CorpSec and some random civy gets hit in the crossfire, shit happens and that's life.
If you're a serial killer, or just decide to bomb an apartment building as a distraction, that's something people will remember and hold against you.
There's pretty much never a reason to kill a kid. Unless they're a bug in a child suit or something like that.
As for being double crossed, well, clearly then the job cannot be finished. But you don't decide "nah, I'm not feeling it" or "this is too much work" after you agreed to it. Even a friendly fixer won't work with a runner that won't run.
As for snitching, well, that's my own thing, but virtually every criminal will distrust you if you snitch.

And don't start with "but they will never know!" shit. A runner's entire point is getting places where they shouldn't be and finding out things that nobody is thought to know.
Absolutely all of these things are the kinds of mistakes a Halloweener does to prove he's edgy, not something a career criminal would risk doing.
>>
>>43846895
We'll agree to disagree. I'm not sure if a domestic terrorist for hire is going to be particularly successful if they keep these up high minded morals and you seem to be playing lawful good (comparatively for Shadowrun that is)

Also look into how many long term career criminals were actually informants of one kind or another.
>>
>>43842334
Does anyone have the Shadowrun Mission season 4 Showcase?

I can't find it in the mediafire.
>>
Would a major (AA/AAA) corp take in an illiterate, uneducated, SINless Barrens kid (~16) if they showed magical aptitude? Would they offer an education to them?
>>
>>43847617
>Corporation
>Awakened
Yes
>>
>>43847617
Absolutely. No education and illiterate makes them easier to manipulate, and if a poor kid with no chance for advancement is suddenly given lavish treatment by a megacorp they're more likely to be loyal and grateful.
>>
>>43847617
Corps want to control anything and everything to give them an edge over there competition.
So they would be willing to grab and retain any awakened person. They would probably give him a comfy place to live and teach them about how great they are. After all back on the streets he is at extreme risk of death because "geek the mage first".
So the corp is the greatest people in life and you should give them your complete trust and love, and not mind how we are taking a blood sample from you or how we are currently in the middle of open brain surgery because you are a technomancer.
>>
File: 1401261278458.gif (64KB, 300x292px) Image search: [Google]
1401261278458.gif
64KB, 300x292px
Guys, the last time I played Shadowrun was roughly a decade ago in a casual manner and my group's recently expressed interest in giving it a try, going in blindly..

Is there an edition considered "best" in terms of being balanced? what do you prefer? are there huge differences between editions?
>>
>>43848774
4th or 5th edition are your best bets for going into.
>>
>>43845417
No.
>>
So, in 5e, how the fuck does slaving drones to your console and shooting with them all at once work?
>>
>>43849263
You use a complex action on your RCC to input command(s) for your drones.

Your RCC can send the command to one, multiple or all of the drones. At that point, the drones have a course of action and their Pilot + Autosoft kick in until circumstances change enough for a new instruction to be required.
>>
>>43849343
Can you not jump into a drone and attack with it and all your other drones slaved to it?

Basically our rigger has like 20 gunnery dice and is able to have his 3 rotodrones fire their Ares Alphas each using his 20 dice without having to split his dicepool and I am super unclear on how he's doing it.
>>
>>43849424
He can only be jump into one drone at a time. He can only use the gunnery skill with one drone at a time. The others would use an appropriate autosoft.

Firing and giving drones orders are both complex actions, so he couldn't do both in the same turn anyway.
>>
>>43849785
I'm explaining this badly. He's using the control device action to get his rotodrones to fire at a single target. Because his gunnery is so massive he's rolling fucktons of dice and pulping everything. Does this sound above board?
>>
>>43850328
if hes only using the RCC, then you only use the autosofts, and each drones goes separately.
>>
File: 5324.jpg (27KB, 347x175px) Image search: [Google]
5324.jpg
27KB, 347x175px
>>43850328
What I'm saying is, if he's using a control device action to command multiple drones to shoot something it doesn't use his gunnery skill. It's Autosoft (Assault Rifles) + Pilot Rating [Accuracy]. If he's aiming the gun manually to use his gunnery skill he can only operate one drone at a time that way.

Also as >>43850354 said, each drone has a separate initiative.
>>
>>43842334

My last rigger got a Cessna and made homemade smart bombs from fertilizer and juryrigged commlinks, sensors and fins. Although apparently even in the Barrens the police pay attention when you start conducting airstrikes.
>>
>>43842403

A lot of the NAN is in former Canada, and Canadian Thanksgiving doesn't have ties to pilgrims and stuff; it's tied to surviving a Northwest Passage expedition. I suspect in the AMC at least Canadian Thanksgiving hasn't changed much.
>>
>>43850362
But it says under control devise you can use this action to command multiple devices and they are doing the same thing. If you're the owner taking that action costs nothing extra.
>>
>>43843264

There are plenty of places in the Sixth World with a very Wild West environment. Turkestan or Gansu in Asia immediately leap out at me. The canon writers didn't do a lot with Africa but I imagine a lot of Sahel countries (Mali, say) would work really well also. There's also rural Australia if you like the deathworld vibe.
>>
>>43844249

Naturally you get people living up till about 115, so the 1960s seems conservative to me.
>>
>>43844502

Eh, the rules seem to give us Super Saiyan orthodox qabbalists and shit.
>>
>>43850415
You're just commanding them to do it, then they carry the task out to the best of their ability. If you say "attack this target", they will continue shooting until that thing's gone. You don't spend any extra actions to tell the drones to attack again, they just keep attacking.

"Commands issued from your RCC are
acted on during the drone’s Action Phase, not yours." core rulebook, page 267
>>
>>43850399
At most I could imagine it being celebrated in Algonquian-Manitou as a harvest festival.

Also I imagine Tsimshian corporates would throw absolutely ridiculous potlatch as a way to impress each other when signing deals and shit.
>>
>>43850453
That's fucking confusing. In control device it specifically states you can fire a drone weapon via gunnery and if you own the devices they can all do the same thing with no penalty. Then here it says you can command one and all will obey. So which the fuck is it?
>>
>>43850508
Control is for a singular drone.
Command can go to multiple.
>>
>>43845111
>Fight to the death
>Party member down
>Decide to not backstab the enemy and instead have honorable duel
>Get rekt when enemy doesn't use honor
You have only yourself to blame
>>
>>43850530
Then why does it say you can control multiple. This what I can't get my head around.
>>
>>43850508
To my understanding, only one drone can be jumped in/directly controlled at a time. I'd have him launch his autosoft on all drones except one in turn 1, then jump in another one after that
>>
>>43850542
Can you give a source on the part that's confusing you? If you're referring to the control device section; not it does not say you can both tell all the drones to fire and use your own skill at the same time.

When you use the gunnery skill like that, it's like you're playing a videogame and the skill represents how good you are at aiming in shooters. It'd be pretty impossible to aim 3 different guns from 3 different positions at one person wouldn't it? That's why the drones take control and do their thing.
>>
>>43850542
Giving a command =/= Remote Control

You can give a command to multiple drones at once (eg. Shoot those three guys), but you can only remote control (and accordingly use your dicepools instead of the drones) on a single drone at rhe time.
>>
>>43848774
Fourth has the least issues if you stick to pre-CGL splats and don't allow some of the really stupid shit from Arsenal. 5e is basically 3e, but worse. No need to bother with either.
>>
>>43849424
Is he rolling 60 dice when attacking with his drones? If so, he's cheating.
>>
>>43851310
5e is basically 4e, but better.
>>
I've been playing some of the SR vidya and I've read some actual plays and shit. I know that orks and trolls at least are supposed to age differently. I assume dwarves do as well but am not too sure on the how.

What I really don't know is how elves age. Do they have extended lifespans? Is there an elf in lore that's died of old age? I assume not.
>>
>>43851830

Elves have, as far as medical testing has worked out, vastly longer lifespans.

Actual examples however are lacking due to them not being about for long enough so the estimate is just based on extrapolations made from examinations of their genetic makeup.
>>
>>43851675

Eh, it's more of a sidegrade. Some things are good, some ideas are not so much. Limits and Accuracy are kinda crap, for example. It's made guns become rather 'You must upgrade to your +2 Assault Rifle to be useful'.
>>
>>43851847

I really like those, although they're still buggy (Body limiting Sneaking tests, for instance); it's the horrifically high gear costs that kill me in 5e. I'm basically running a 5e game now with closer to 4e gear costs.
>>
>>43852168
that seems to be the way to do it from what i've seen.

should probably talk to my GM about that actually but i'm reluctant to, considering how much they're willing to let slide.
>>
>>43852168
5e isn't even playable RAW.
>>
File: 1441220361503.jpg (43KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
1441220361503.jpg
43KB, 500x294px
>>43852314
>>
File: state of the art bang bang.jpg (114KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
state of the art bang bang.jpg
114KB, 1920x1080px
>>43842334
I wonder how many people even get that Robocop reference anymore.
>>
>>43850387
Beautiful. There's so much potential in building a drone air force that would put Obama to shame, especially if you've got a landing strip in the Barrens.
>>
File: Raise Some Pulses.jpg (15KB, 385x257px) Image search: [Google]
Raise Some Pulses.jpg
15KB, 385x257px
>>43852362
>Robocop

Are you talking about the thread title? Because that's from Snatch.
>>
One of my players' characters has just assumed a leadership role in a street gang. She wants to pursue a variety of ends (we're in the middle of a tempo arc, for context) in terms of increasing training and equipment, and keeping their BTL trade profitable in the face of the tempo craze.

Do you think I should be coming up with some figures for resources for her to work with? I don't even know where to start.
>>
>>43852811
>Do you think I should be coming up with some figures for resources for her to work with?
Like, the benefits of drug dealing, or what you can earn being a loan shark ? I don't really understand your request.
>>
>>43852974

Like, should I be listing and tracking gang finances and resources separately from her own? Or is that not worth bothering with?
>>
>>43852811
>>43853053

Don't unless they ask, but it might help for immersion if thats your thing.
>>
>>43853053
In my opinion you should and as a player I would keep my gang stash and my personal stash separated (with a one-way funnel).if you want to randomize that, I guess you can get inspiration from the d&d running business stuff if you want to keep it light.
>>
>>43853053
I see the PCs future as being this.
https://vimeo.com/110332729
>>
>>43853212

The ganger's an ork chola, no less. I'm pretty sure Scarface was one of the inspirations.

>>43853104
>>43853083

This is the contents of her last email after taking over the gang, if that helps:

After Cesar is gone and Felicia has been admitted inpatient, Luz is going to sit down with the inner circle.

"So...by now you've all probably heard that Felicia is in [facility -J]. I'll get to that in a minute. We've got a lot to talk about.

"First of all, I didn't ask for this, I didn't fuck el jefe to get it, and if I hear even a whisper of a rumor to that effect, I will shut that shit down. Immediately and permanently.

"I didn't ask for this, but I'm taking it in el jefe's absence because we're in trouble. You all know it, but you don't know how bad yet. So let me lay it out for you.

"First off, Melquiada is a real person. I haven't seen her and I don't know where to find her, but she's out there, she's powerful, and she's got it in for us. We haven't seen half of what she can do yet and we've been lucky. That's going to change. She's training an apprentice named Torsalo, and if we don't stop that, we're going to be well and truly fucked.

"Second, this gang is right in the middle of a minefield. We didn't know it, but I'm telling you now. We've got the Amatitlan on one side, but soon we're going to have to deal with the Putas Rojas, too. The situation with them is bad. They're already squeezing us on beetles; soon it'll be on turf, too. I don't know what Cassie Yang's end game is, but it's not good for us.

"Thirdly - as if that all wasn't bad enough - both of these pendejos are slinging tempo and it's just killing our business.

"So what do we do?
>>
"Step one: we're going to arm ourselves. I have a shitload of APDS that I'm going to pass around. Keep it safe. These are for SPIRITS and spirits ONLY - not for making a point, or the liquor store clerk, or the guy your girl is cheating on you with. Until someone else Awakens, we're disadvantaged magically. Most of you know I'm Awakened. It don't mean shit. I can see magicians and spirits before they start attacking and that's about it. So we need better firepower. I'll see what I can do about getting everyone some BFGs. In the meantime, I can't get any more of these bullets, so don't. Fucking. Waste. Them.

"Step two: we're going to fight smarter. No more spray and pray. El jefe is military and we're going to start acting like it. If anyone doesn't know how to shoot or punch right, time to learn. Let me know if anyone needs help and I'll make arrangements. We're in a tight spot and if we're going to survive, we gotta start cracking skulls.
>>
Shapeshifters can use magic in their animal form right?
>>
"Which leads me to step three: our gentleman's agreement or whatever with the Putas Rojas is done. You see them in our turf, colors or no colors, you kick those guttersluts out. They don't walk freely in the West Side ever again.

"Oh, and don't fuck them anymore, either, for Christ's sake. I shouldn't even have to say that, but apparently I do.

"Step four: we've lost some loyal customers to tempo. I need to know more about where this drek comes from. So keep your ears open and get your squatter friends to help. You hear anything about tempo, the Amatitlan, Cassie Yang, Melquiada, Torsalo, the Putas Rojas, I wanna know about it.

"Step five: if you're taking tempo, stop. Not only because what the fuck, seriously, but because this shit is...not right. Felicia only took it two months and she looked like...like...like all her essence had been eaten out of her. I've never seen anything kill a soul so fast, not even heroin or meth. So just leave it alone.

"Finally. All of you know I've been working the shadows for the past year or so. That's how I know what I know, and how I've been able to get us cash and gear. I don't want that to change. So the official word on the street is business as usual. We keep running protection and selling beetles. El jefe is taking care of us and doing a good job. You need to talk about me, just call me la bala ["Bullet" -J], like it's always been. And if you know my runner handle...keep it to yourself. I've already caught more than enough bad press.

"Stay safe out there."
>>
>>43853326
Yes, unless the spell somehow asks for fine manipulation of something for some reason.

Hard to do high precision work when you have bear paws.
>>
>>43853296
Use the Dogtown rules to help manage the gang.

I'd strongly urge you to track gang members, gang finance, and gang hideouts/strongholds. SR is always a game of resource management, and a gang has a lot of resources to manage; if she doesn't do her job right, what might be a useful and lucrative venture turns into a money pit and personally dangerous.

Obviously the player should do most of the bookkeeping, the GM can't be expected to do everything, but having a copy of your own would be for the best.
>>
>>43853296
I'll need a bit more informations on that.
>is she the only one in the group involved in that gang ?
>what are the current assets of the gang ?
>are you willing to make gang-related missions ?
>is the player willing to put thoughts and (some) time in it ?
And more importantly
>does this player have a lot of crazy ideas ?
>>
>>
>>43853345
Sweet. Gonna roll a corgi and summon force 12 flaming greyhound spirits.
>>
One of the characters I had in mind for a game was a red oni in exile from Japan who was looking to start his own gang in burgerland that was focused on the metahuman races.

Gangs are fun.
>>
>>43853357

She is the only player involved in that gang, although other players have their own sidequest stuff they're doing via email. I'm happy to encourage that, but this player takes it to the point of obsession. As a GM I love that, but yeah, it can be exhausting to try to keep following up on her stuff.

Those Putas Rojas she mentions include another party member, so some backdoor internecine conflict is probable (pretty standard with this group). The player is generally smart, sane and not particularly outlandish.

The current assets are where I'm stuck. Like, they've got a core circle of maybe 8 figures with names and shit, plus a couple dozen other guys, but I have no idea what a good number for cash on hand or BTLs sold or anything like that would be. She's gotten them a couple sets of full body armor, some APDS ammo and assorted military hardware through work for another player's contact at Yamatetsu NavTech (Evo).
>>
>>43853453
Great... More trogs to use as target practice... Just what we need...
>>
Should i go with mana or power blade in my edgiest adept build?
>>
>>43853505
Mana.
>>
>>43853505
Mana blade.

You can do better than power blade with a good weapon focus.
>>
>>43853466
say that to my face not over the trix baka desu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc8iu0XFUQc
>>
File: 1323856912808.jpg (212KB, 1221x658px) Image search: [Google]
1323856912808.jpg
212KB, 1221x658px
What's the best music to play in a Shadowrun game to get people immersed?
>>
>>43842334
>"Fuck it!" and just blew everything to pieces to get the job done.
That describes literally every session with the current party. What do you want to hear besides "We murdered everyone".

Let's see. There was this one time the Yakuza Troll tried to take over a gang, and the gang leader was like, lets "duel with firsts". So he was like, uh.. ok. And punched his face clean off. Then the explosives rigged to his biomonitor went off and demolished the whole house. He only survived because he had a jammer running while he conducted his "business meeting". The elf sharpshooter who accompanied him only survived because he shielded her with his body. The gang did not survive.

Then there was this one time we were hired to do a "decently subtle assassination". We got made by site security instantly, so the troll dueled a cyber-naga. Got poisoned, but won because I managed to switch of her cyber (classic). Then I located the targets limousine, at which the party lit it up, set it on fire, and then the troll went up and stabbed the passengers with his naginata speer for good measure.
>>
>>43853589

Personally, pretty much anything from this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7Gkh_9hyi8
>>
>>43842334
That time when the ex-spec ops ghoul stormed a McHugh's because the elf face specified a time limit on his negotiation. Breached a door with an underbarrel shotgun and took out the two guards who were holding the face up. Face managed to quickdraw his pistol and cap the target. Whole thing was a bloody mess. Loved it.
>>
>>43853456
I would base myself on the lifestyle tables to get an idea of the generated and spent cash : given the goons want probably a decent life from the business, running a gang of 30 persons can cost anything from 50k to 150k per month for the manpower alone (sr5). I suppose you can assign lowly cheap goons to that protection racket (earning 2k+1d6*100/month each for the gang trough "subscription fees") with a slight risk that a gang could come from their turf and make them lose money. I'd say you can imagine the more experienced and capable member of the gangs being able to do some smuggling or more risky business than racket, with higher rewards, but more risky.
>>
>>43853456
Consider that the gang might have people that do grunt work for them, which aren't considered part of the gang. Triad style.
That's the actual street selling of drugs, bringing in stolen goods, doing courier work, etc.
>>
>>43853589
Play something from The Glitch Mob, of course
>>
>>43853456
>The current assets are where I'm stuck.

To come up with a plausible number we look at the people employed and their lifestyle. I guess it's safe to assume that they all still have a low lifestyle. The table I look at puts low lifestyle at 2000 nY to 5000 nY. So we pay your lower underlings probably 3000 nY and the 8 named one make 4000 to 5000 nY.

So for a total of 30 employees you need to make somewhere around 100k nY per month just to pay their salary.

Now we cover that cost by selling BTLs. A BTL cost (what I found on google, but adjusting the number is not difficult if you have another source) between 100-500 nY depending on quality and type. So we go with roughly a street value of 200 per BTL sold (you probably sell more lower quality chips than higher ones). But we have to detract the cost of the BTL. If we assume that your gang buys the BTLs and not create them lets say the buy them at an average of 100 nY which means we make 100 nY Profit per BTL sold.

Which means you need to sell around 1000 BTLs per Month to cover your costs. Which seems reasonable for the size of your gang.

This helps a lot in coming up with a number of how much cash on hand the gang needs/wants. Which will be roughly half to the full amount of what they pay for their BTLs. So if they buy them on a monthly rate 50-100k, if they buy in bulk every 3 months, 150-300k and so on.

Now you can decide how much money you want your player to make from that gang. That number can vary a lot but I guess I wouldn't go higher than 10 000 nY per Month and we just add that to everything.

So you need to sell 1100 BTL per Month for your player to make 10 000nY per Month.

If your number of lfiestyle or BTL vary from what I came up with just recalculate what I did. If 1100 BTL sold per month seems too much or little, decrease or increase the cost of buying them.
>>
>>43853711
>>43854011

I am writing this all down, guys. Thanks so much. And consider those dubs checked.
>>
>>43842442
>>43842568
I could see the date traditionally set for Thanksgiving be used for more like a Remembrance Day. Basically just to think about and remember all the native Americans who died from Contact onwards.
>>
>>43844249
Dodger, a Spike Baby elf who was canonically born sometime in the late 80's and expressed his elf metagenetics early and thus is young in modern day is one of the oldest known non-immortal characters I can think of off the top of my head. There's probably other elf and dwarf Spike Babies as well who are equally old.

If you mean purely human, Damien Knight has got to be at least 90; he was an Air Force Colonel during the first Crash in the 00's and that implies he was in his late 20's or 30's at least, and heavy Leonization treatments keep him looking younger then 50. There's likely other wealthy Leonized folks too.
>>
>>43854035
>>43854011
>>43853711
I'd add that you can put your named members to good use, if they have any skill in guns or anything close to a robbery, to do more risky shit like robberies, go-fast, hold-ups or kidnappings. Simply gather a few members, roll their highest crime-related skill against the difficulty cast of the act.

For simplicity I would have them take (difficulty cast) weeks to make the act, making difficulty cast*5000nY out of it. Additional successes can go into bonuses like some gear or drugs or contacts. If they fail, some gang members die.
>>
>>43854121
>canonically born sometime in the late 80's
Old, but not that old. Probably humans as old as him inside a nursing home somewhere.
>>
>>43854317
Elves and Dwarves live very long. So long that it's not even established in universe if Elves can die of old age.
>>
>>43854556
Well, there's a difference between elves and immortal elves. I imagine regular elves can die, but they live 500 years or so. Not that it really makes a difference in anyone's campaign.
>>
>>43853589
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3NoYyNKSXQ
>>
>>43854317
Leonization is a thing, so it's possible that there are some humans that look to be in their 40s that are actually far older.
>>
File: Cyberpunk-ICE.jpg (236KB, 1000x1492px) Image search: [Google]
Cyberpunk-ICE.jpg
236KB, 1000x1492px
I have a player who has guns in their cyberarms and they want to punch people and have the guns go off when they connect for extra damage. Is there a rule on this? I haven't been able to find one.
>>
>>43854940
One, they need to have the cyberweapons mounted, two, they're probably going to need an Exotic Weapon Skill to use it properly.
>>
File: BF109 Modell.jpg (79KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
BF109 Modell.jpg
79KB, 700x400px
>>43850387
I have had the idea for a character who uses big drone models for various air attacks.

Modelling enthusiast and harmless wageslave goes to tournaments to fight mock-fights with his BF109, JU-87, IL-2 and so on.

Then he gets framed to be the fall-guy and has to make a living in the shadows. Really just a slightly verweight, balding everyman with a talent for mechanics and a passion for selfbuilt miniature warmachines.

Enter "Dogfight". He bombs motherfuckers with stungrenades and smokegrenades from his remotecontrolled miniature fighterplane. Uses a miniature Tiger tank to shoot enemies with non-lethal area-of-effect ammunition.

Good idea, yay or nay?
>>
>>43855248
So say they roll Exotic (Shotgun Punch) and hit. Should I roll soak separately for the punch and the blast or roll the DV all into one?
>>
>>43855372
No idea.
>>
>>43854940
Just use AGI+Unarmed (Cyberimplants) attack roll and apply implanted weapon's DV as damage.
I mean, If you punch a guy's dick and the next instant you shoot that dick with a shotgun, the initial punch damage doesn't matter much anymore, right?
>>
Does spending an edge on a spell mean there's no reason to cast the spell past force 1?
>>
Hey /srg/, anyone willing to point me in the direction of a stat block for Eliohann? Preferably post CFD, but i'm not picky.
>>
>>43855251
Sounds very good actually.
>>
>>43855430
No???
Spending edge on a force 1 Lightning Bolt isn't going to make the lightning bolt hit harder than 1p.
>>
>>43855430
It depends. If you edge an Increase Attribute/Reflexes and sustain it then it is still a Force 1 spell and it only takes a BC1, a shitty ward, or a low counterspelling roll to dispell it.
>>
>>43855372
All in one.
>>
>>43855251
...i just realized the creation process for a SR character is that of a super hero comic
>>
File: BallisticFist.png (29KB, 200x145px) Image search: [Google]
BallisticFist.png
29KB, 200x145px
>>43854940
One attack with all of the DV and AP added up, and definitely as an exotic melee weapon to balance it out.
>>
>>43854121
>was an Air Force Colonel during the first Crash in the 00's and that implies he was in his late 20's or 30's at least

Probably older than that; average time it takes someone to reach Colonel is 22 years of service. Add on the time he would have had to spend at the Officer's Academy, and he was probably in his 40's.
>>
>>43853639
>He only survived because he had a jammer running while he conducted his "business meeting"

How does a jammer help you after the bomb had gone off?
>>
okay, I know the setting better than the rules, would a technomancer be able to do anything Transistor-esque, or are they just "deckers, but with magic"?
>>
>>43855516
I more meant for say, stunball. Since edge breaks limits
>>
>>43857272
Define Transistor-esque
>>
>>43857291
Using edge for spells where the force is the Limit is fine. Using Reagents is even better.

>>43857328
That indie game from the Bastion crew, I think.
>>
>>43842334
>Snatch reference in the title.
Nice work OP.
>>
>>43857336
yep
>>43857328
spell-like abilities
technomancers are more than just hackers, right?
>>
>>43857384
Not really.

Some would argue they're less than Hackers. The only unique thing they have is their ability to conjure imaginary friends in the Matrix.
>>
>>43857384
4e: No, not really. They can conjure Matrix programs and semi-intelligent allies ex nihilo.

5e: Actually, yes, they have "spells".

But take note that in both editions they're meant to be hackers. Not that they really accomplish it...
>>
>>43857384
Complex Forms. Most are very niche or useless, but Puppeteer, Static Veil, Transcendent Grid, and maybe sometimes Resonance Spike when you're feeling cocky can be of use. The CFs mentioned appear in order of usefulness, Puppeteer can be absolute cheese but you can't use it often.
>>
>>43857452
And Puppeteer is really only a way to cheese free marks for the stuff you're supposed to be doing.
>>
>>43857468
You can do a lot more than just that. Free Marks is the easiest, most common use, but the limit is your imagination (and your Stun track, dat Fading Value)
>>
>>43857452
anywhere I can learn more? all i'm finding is forum posts
>>
>>43857597
The Core rulebooks for 4th and 5th edition?
>>
>>43857597
Read the books
>>
>>43857597
The books, omae, the books. The pastebin of this very thread.
>>
>>43857628
yeah, I kinda missed that
my bad
>>
Anyone have hmhvv bounties on hand?
>>
>>43857628
>>43857606
>>43857608
probably a stupid question, but how important are the gibson books?
>>
File: Bounties.png (18KB, 318x370px) Image search: [Google]
Bounties.png
18KB, 318x370px
>>43857699
This is 4ed
>>
>>43857708
That's an incredibly stupid question and the answer is "completely irrelevant".
>>
>>43857708
They are a major source of inspiration to Shadowrun, but you don't need to read them to enjoy Shadowrun.
>>
>>43857730
Thanks chummer
>>
>>43857739
>>43857742
okay, anywhere else I can learn more? I'm short on space, the memory on this thing is tiny
>>
Can Ally Spirits initiate?
>>
How do shifters react to ware?
>>
How do adapsin and biocompatability work together?
>>
>>43859183
Very well.
>>
>>43858743
Delta grade only, natural form only, don't remember if they have to give up regen but probably yes if they have it.
>>
>>43859183
Percentile decreases from grade, biocompatibility and adapsin are additive. You then round down to two fractional digits.
>>
HMHVV adepts are dual natured in 5e, right? Do they need to buy astral perception?
>>
>>43856377
>>43854940
Two-weapon fighting, successive defense and point-blank modifier.
>>
Introduced another friend to SR tonight, that fucker understands fast. Gotta need to make tougher matrix challenges than a shiawase copter.
>>
does anyone want to run a pick up game tonight? just the alpha ware shit. I need to familiarize myself so I can run it.
>>
>>43858383
Not until they go free.
>>
If I have a duelist drone am I going to need a sword license?
>>
>>43854556
Elves and dwarves can indeed die of old age going by Earthdawn stuff (which Shadowrun does at a base assumption), but the first elf or dwarf won't die of age for another 300 years or so.
Though honestly the Sixth World is so violent and dangerous that the first generation elves will likely all have been killed or died of disease or other causes well before then.
>>
>>43855372
If they're spending the money on the mods and the karma on an exotic skill, I say roll the DV all in one. They've earned it at that point.
>>
>>43859805
I would, but I don't actually know what it is.
>>
Sup, /tg/. I haven't played since 4th ed, but I recently found a game, and I'm looking to get into fifth. Could someone give me a quick primer on how hacking works now?
>>
File: Digitalinkrod_-_Capt_Sykes.jpg (177KB, 1000x573px) Image search: [Google]
Digitalinkrod_-_Capt_Sykes.jpg
177KB, 1000x573px
In the books, saying that someone has "Corporate Citizenship" is usually in reference to being a SINner for the Big Ten. An Ares corporate citizen lives and breathes Ares, a Mitsuhama corporate citizen lives in an arcology in Japan, etc.

But AA Corporations, according to the books, also have extraterritorial rights. Does that extend to corporate citizenship? Can someone be a citizen of Lone Star or have a Universal Omnitech SIN just like a full-time citizen of Saeder-Krupp would?
>>
What is the most viable for fist fighting with minimal armour (something that can be put under clothes): magic, cyberware or adept spells ?
>>
>>43864735
As anyone on /srg/ would tell you, adept is always that best.

But they're wrong, in this case it's a combination of Adept and Augmentation.

Be a troll, take bone lacing, orthoskin, strike calluses, killing hands, a martial art of your choice and then just smash face.
>>
Do I want any sourcebooks other than the core rules and SG for a social infiltrator/disguise master adept for powers?
>>
>>43864735
Define armor.
Is a camo suit armor?
Is a corporate suit armor?

Also hybrid adepts are probably the easiest to build into unarmed fighters.
>>
How much would 1% of Monobe International voting stock be worth?

It's obviously a shit ton, but are there any hard numbers on stock prices?
>>
>>43864857
Don't augs cripple your magical abilities ?
>>43865461
Normal clothes with something underneath (like a bullet vest beneath a jacket) or clothe-looking armor. Something that can be worn on the street and won't require searching for picture with armor instead of normal clothes.
>>
>>43865543
You can't have a hard price for that. It varies day to day.
>>
Haven't been around since Run Faster was first released. Which chargen method is the best?
>>
>>43865790
Yeah, I miss worded that. Still, is there any information or is it all at the GM's discretion?
>>
File: 1448248018394.jpg (223KB, 1016x548px) Image search: [Google]
1448248018394.jpg
223KB, 1016x548px
>>43865983
>>
>>43865430
Run and Gun and the Assassin's Primer, or do you mean strictly powers?
>>
>>43866270
Yeah. I know where all the gear is. Mostly concerned with "shapeshifty" powers for impersonating people that should be there.

On a similar note, in case I go the mage or mysad route. How do you get through/break past wards?
>>
>>43865543
uhhhhhhh...
take the Dow Jones Industrial Average, divide by the US population, multiply by SR world population, multiply by 1,000. That might give you something close to a single piece of stock.
Take the largest company listed on the dow jones and find how many pieces of stock form 1% of that company's total stock.
I'm pullin these out of my ass, but its an idea.
>>
>>43866383
oh, and then multiply the number of stocks by 1,000 for good measure.
>>
So srg, my team fucked up tonight. I mean, we pretty much always do, but it usually works out just fine immediately afterwards.

Tonight does not seem like it will be like that.

We were hunting down a human-trafficking ring/pedophile group, and had already taken down one on the list.

Our second target, chosen for being the most creepy on the list, didn't have a whole lot of information available about him. So we managed to get him to send some thugs after us, got them to talk and went on a trip to the california free state in order to find the go between of our target and the thugs.

Get smuggled there from Seattle without any real issues, and fuck around till the meeting. A guy who is definitely not the guy we were supposed to meet shows up at the spot (a bar), and our "face" ends up getting a job from the guy. The pay would be info on the location of the guy we want to kill.

The mission is to do something that will make the news at a shell company of aztechnology. (Something "flashy") We come up with a few plans, but my team's favored plan is run at the enemies and hope that things just kinda work out. Our gm reminds me that I explicitly stated that this would not fly as a plan anymore, but the plan of "Take the company presidents car, catch it on fire with him in it, and chuck it into the building" sounds too cool to say no to. So I just let it happen.(Also, we get a bonus if our flashy thing is killing a higher up)

We get there, "face" hops the fence and sets off an alarm, our troll tears down the electric fence, and we just run in because it's "flashy", and prepare to kill a bunch of shit. Our mage freezes about fourteen drones in one spell, but immediately gets sniped afterwards. I suppress the sec team, and our team finds a limo.

Cont.
>>
>>43866478
Fortunately, the limo is actually the fucking presidents car like we wanted, so he gets killed, and the car gets very poorly tossed about 10 feet at the building without being caught on fire.

During the continuing fight, our mage gets sniped, and our face gets a bit of phys damage from an AoE ice spell.(That also puts the mage into overflow) We bail after I manage to shoot the mage as revenge.

So, problems are, we have no idea what the company we attacked does. We don't know in ANY way if the johnson who gave us this job is in any way trustworthy, AND two of our team left blood trails while fleeing from the location.

We technically succeeded on the run, but nothing really went "well". Sorry if this is poorly typed, kind of buzzed/tired. If the gm sees this he can add if he wants.

For some probably unneeded reference, our team was.

- Phys adept/"face" elf who is good at punching
-Troll with lots of soak and a sword. Tossing the car was his idea.
- Ice mage who tends to kill the everything with AoE's
- Phys Adept who uses smg's. Due to dice has been largely immune to damage so far.
-Homeless ptsd vet that brought along because reasons
>>
>>43865958
Sum to Ten seems to be the best overall.
>>
>>43866574
that sounds bad.
two of your guys got banged up
you're in a city without contacts except for a sketchy johnson
and just bled all over an aztech shell company?

cue the blood ritual mages and pretty much everyone selling you out for scrap and a few nuyen

I would start thinking about an exit strategy fast
>>
>>43866383
This is giving an answer in the order of hundreds of trillions of Nuyen, so I'm guessing either I did something wrong or we need to rethink it. Maybe drop the multiply by 1000, give us an answer closer to the hundreds of billions of Nuyen range? Gives us around a hundreth of the GDP of the USA, which seems about right for 1% of the stock of an AA corporation.
>>
>>43842334
My group and I, well me and this one other guy felt the best way to deal with another runner who fucked with our run was to fire a rocket at them...in their supped up rigger car...in downtown Boston...from the top of a corp building we had just broken/shot our way into. We then parachuted off the building. And some how survived all this.
>>
was googling for twodee's character sheet, and guess what I've found. twodee's storytime compiled by jarboot (dunno if that's the best version) is on scribd, and them fuckers want an account to read it in full!

>inb4 have this pdf drekhead

>>43867269
whatever the figure is, it is outlandishly, freakishly high for your average shadowrunner to deal with.
>>
>>43867269
oh, for AA, yea, remove like 2 or 3 zeros. I was thinking AAA. my bad.
>>43867473
as he said, by the point you get this amount of money, if youre still shadowrunning you either owe someone an outlandish sum (nice job, ya git), youre doing it for kicks (jet and matrix porn are cheaper and safer), or you REALLY want to own a piece of the pie (good on you, but there are probably better ways of doing).
Under what circumstances did this question arise? Please tell me youre going to rob someone now....
>>
Alright. I'm lost as to what priorities to take for an elf social infiltrator adept. Could any of you guys help me out?
>>
>>43867725
Try A: attributes, B: Elf, C: Skills, D: Adept, E: broke.
>>
>>43867754
Will try. Thanks. I tried life modules, but I couldn't stick with fluff I liked and results that I could live with.
>>
>>43867758
That's always the problem I have with life modules too. I want to like it because I like life modules as a concept but sr5's just seem so BAD.
>>
>>43861481
>If I have a duelist drone am I going to need a sword license?
I would assume you do.

>>43864324
>Can someone be a citizen of Lone Star or have a Universal Omnitech SIN just like a full-time citizen of Saeder-Krupp would?
Yes, although to a much lesser degree. Triple As would have an arcology or something similar on each continent, probably more for Japan, America and Europe, but AAs are more likely to only have one, their headquarters. And even if it's not an arcology, it's quite easy to imagine the corp having subsidiaries owning buildings and shops and banks and whatever.
It's not cannon, but Shadowrun Storytime has a run that takes place in the Universal Omnitech Arcology

>>43865613
>Don't augs cripple your magical abilities ?
They do, as an adept you lose one Power Point per Essence point lost. But if all you need to do is punch people, take Killing Hands and Critical Strike as Adept Powers and drop the rest of you Magic/Essence for the aforementioned cyberware.

>>43865613
>Something that can be worn on the street and won't require searching for picture with armor instead of normal clothes.
Check the clothes in Run&Gun
>>
If an adept got a temporary boost to their MAG attribute, would they get extra powers for the duration?
>>
>>43867869
As a DM, I would allow you to boost the powers you already know. Probably with a small dice penalty because you're not used to SO MUCH POWER
>>
>>43867269
>in the order of hundreds of trillions of Nuyen, so I'm guessing either I did something wrong or we need to rethink it.
Not particularly, stock exchange prices are always crazy.

Monobe is nearly a AAA (wanting to take EVO's place) and the 4th biggest Japancorp. Let's assume that the corporation is three time as big as present-day Germany, and remember the solid giant inflation (nuyens are fairly weak compared to the present-day euros or dollars) 10 trillions of nuyens for 1% of the shares doesn't seem stupid.
>>
>>43852566
Pretty sure he's referring to the file name of the pic he shared.
>>
>>43867910
No one man should have all that power
sorry
>>
>>43842334

Our NBA game ended, after a year of evading vampires and being their punching bag, with us finding out about their evil ascension ritual in a skyscraper. We went in and took the elevator up as far as we could and then proceeded to go through like five levels where we shot a machine gun and assault rifles in office areas, blew up guys with grenades, had grueling firefights against Russian mercenaries and finally breached the ritual chamber, where my character shot the head Vampire with an RPG and reduced him to tiny chunks. Then we threw around some more grenades like they were candy, murdered like everyone and left.

It was an awesome finale.
>>
>>43864324
As far as I know any corps with extraterritoriality can have corp citizens. Having a corp SIN doesn't mean you have to stay in the corp enclave all the time.
>>
>>43853589
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9L4q-0Pi4E
>>
Want to make a gun adapt dwarf or is that a bad idea with the dwarf meta type? What spells should I take?
>>
File: oshitttt.jpg (30KB, 406x456px) Image search: [Google]
oshitttt.jpg
30KB, 406x456px
>>43866574
GM here.

All he said is correct. There is one other team member, a Dryad Elf Mage, she's new and didn't communicate well with the team, so during this...fiasco, she was a bird doing recon.

So yeah, blood mages have team members blood, news crews are arriving on scene as team dives into safehouse, and HTR teams may or may not be half way to them following the blood trail.
>>
>>43868754
Dwarves have a reduced max AGI, but your increased soak potential in BOD and WIL put you in a fair spot for combat specialties. The meat of your dice pools should come from skills and powers.

Adepts can't cast spells. Read the fucking books.
>>
Is it possible to be lawful or even neutral characters in Shadowrun? or is it inherently biased towards chaotic anti-authoritariansim?
>>
>>43869567
A lot of SR is Neutral. Whatever your reason for running, the means often involve harming or exploiting other people.
>>
File: 1415910640974.jpg (188KB, 647x700px) Image search: [Google]
1415910640974.jpg
188KB, 647x700px
>>43869567
I guess you can tweak the setting a bit so that the cops hire your team to take out anarchists who are hiding in the abandoned and destroyed part of the city.
Feel more like Shadowrun with a dose of GITS.
But yea the normal Shadowrun setting doesn't lend itself well to people who want to be "lawful".
>>
>>43869567
It's not unusual for Runners to do a bit of "hooding" and helping local authorities out with some troublesome elements.

Problem is, eventually you've got to face with the reality that to them, you ARE a troublesome elements.
>>
Can someone clarify this to me? so if I want to learn a new skill, going by this table I need to pay 7 karma and I guess + the desired level i.e. if I want level 1 arcana I need to pay 7 karma +2 of the new skill.
But then in the example the book gives
>If you are purchasing a brand new skill, find the desired
rating on the table and pay that cumulative amount. For
example, if you are purchasing the running skill for the
first time, and are buying it up to Rating 3, you will pay 12 Karma.
It sounds like you don't have to spend those 7 karma for a new skill.
>>
>>43867919
1 2070 nuyen is roughly equal to 1 modern-day US dollar.
>>
>>43869820
That 7 karma is for a specialization, which offers a +2 dice pool bonus for specific uses of that skill; i.e. "revolvers" for pistols, etc.
>>
>>43869820

It's not talking about a new skill. It's talking about getting a specialization for a skill you already have once you hit 4 ranks in it. Say you have 5 points in blades. You take a specialization for 7 karma and you get a +2 bonus to something in the blades like axes.
>>
>>43869905
>>43869926
Oh, I see, I didn't even remember the specializations, it's been a long time since I played SR.
Thanks for the clarification.
>>
>>43869779
To be fair, the local authorities you're hooding for are usually seen as troublesome elements by the system anyway.
>>
>>43861481
No, I wouldn't think you'd need a separate license. The drone comes with the swords (I don't even think they can be removed from the arms), so a license for a Duelist should cover that fact; it's not like other drones, where you added weapons after-market.

It's explicitly a restricted defense drone, it would be stupid to make you buy the license twice.
>>
>>43863796
Check the OP fileshare, download the hacking rules cheat sheet.
>>
>>43865958
Priority is fine, Sum to Ten is better for metas but can lead to human cheese, karmagen a shit though a lot of people like it, I don't. It gives you pretty broad characters, which I'm not a fan of; priority and S210 can give you more focused concepts without minmaxing
>>
>>43867473
Scribd a shit, and Jarboot too. Here's the update with the entire storytime, including the chapter the namefag missed.
>>
>>43869567
Sure. Don't shit where you eat.
>>
File: Damn Straight.gif (1MB, 285x210px) Image search: [Google]
Damn Straight.gif
1MB, 285x210px
>>43868031
Nice. I've always wanted to just go balls-out and have a massive shootout, but I'm so cautious that I can never work the group up to it. Plus, I'm pretty sure the GM would screw me.
>>
>>43870066

You say that like bureaucracy cares about what's stupid.
>>
>>43864735
4 in social group, 4 in stealth groups, decent CHA, adept, facial sculpt (!!!), kinesics, augment Ag, Unarmed 6 (martial arts).

I also recommend some investment in warez at chargen. Forget killing hands, implant a pair of shockers instead. If you want to kill someone you can always step on their neck when they're down. They'll definitely be down for the entire fight. Orthoskin is a good idea, as well as muscle bioware and reaction enhancers. Datajack and auto-injector never hurts either. If you can fit it in, tailored pheromones and a chem gland with a stupidly lethal but cheap as fuck neurotoxin. Pure nicotine or similar can be enough. Have it excrete under your fingertips. (Eat with gloves)

The crash effects of Cram and Jazz arguably cancel each other out, btw. Enjoy.
>>
>>43864324

It certainly does. Some AAs are going to be larger and more insistent that asse- er, employees stay on extraterritorial grounds, like Federated-Boeing or Monobe. Others, like Chalmers & Cole and Lone Star, may be a bit more relaxed in that regard.
>>
>>43869844
I don't know omae, 2000$ for a shitty shack and some soy food per month (minimum wage worker) seems a lot to me.
>>
>>43869844
It's closer to 50c for a lot of stuff.
>>
>>43843335
There is the Spellslinger supplement for D20, and I remember being another random "Western with Magic" around.

Its more common "Western Horror" because cowboys shooting zombies and running from werewolfs sounds cool.
>>
>>43870343

That's meant to cover the total cost of living. You factor in rent for a month, utilities, groceries, whatever insurance plans you got and are possibly legally required to have, and those little costs that sneak up on you, like appliances, repairs, toiletries, etc.
>>
>>43870449
Fucking toiletries, the true hidden cost of living.
>>
>>43870449
>That's meant to cover the total cost of living
It's mean to cover a shitty rent, electricity and water under rationing and tasteless soy food. It's supposed to be equivalent to minimum wage living, and I highly doubt minimum wage is 2000$/€/ month in the unionless future.
>>
>>43870484
>I highly doubt minimum wage is 2000$/€/ month in the unionless future.

Massive currency devaluation. The number doesn't matter, so long as the end result is privation on the edge of serious lack.
>>
>>43870484

Living in Canada right now, the rent on the shitty apartment alone would be 1800 CAN, at least round Toronto. 2000 nuyen for a whole lifestyle sounds like a bargain.
>>
>>43870538
>Massive currency devaluation.
So 1 nY != 1$ or €

>>43870552
Damn son, I live in the most expensive part in my city and I don't even pay 400€ for a 40 sqm rent. And that's in France, where housing prices are bloated.
>>
File: f4vnZhr.jpg (9KB, 234x200px) Image search: [Google]
f4vnZhr.jpg
9KB, 234x200px
>>43870566
>>43870552
I live in the United States and I'm a University Student. I live with my parents like a goddamned NEET because I currently can't afford to move out.
>>
>>43870668
>>43870552
I thought housing prices in north america were correct goddamit
>>
>>43870552
You live with roomies in these conditions.

Also Toronto is the worst example considering its housing bubble makes Vancouver look like a reasonable market.
>>
>>43870749
>Toronto

You mean NYC North.

>Vancouver

You mean Northern Northern Northern Northern California?

You both have the same problem: rich people migrating, and shitting wherever they go. I get it on a smaller scale out of Atlanta.
>>
How many drain dice do I want to start with as our party's only mage?
>>
>>43870917
9 - 12, depending on what kind of Awakened Spell-slinging you intend on doing.
>>
>>43870934
Probably some manipulation for interrogations and combat support, along with general utility stuff. Gonna try to figure out spirits a bit more while I'm at it.
>>
>>43870955
I think 9-10 would be fine if you don't worry too much about summoning spirits. Spirits really kick your ass when they come to drain, however.
>>
>>43870990
Sounds good. Thanks
>>
What do you think I should add in a Google map of GeMiTo ? I'll probably gonna put it here once it's done
>>
>>43871224

"here be dragons"
>>
>>43870990
If I do do spirits, is spirit whisperer worth grabbing?
>>
>>43871477
I always have to look up the 5th edition "Spirit _______" qualities because I can never remember what they individually do.

Assuming you are going MAG 6 out of the gate, summoning force 7 spirits without physical drain is pretty handy. I haven't played with it though.
>>
>>43870566
>France
>bloated
What do you call housing prices in Copenhagen, then? Or San Francisco?
>>
>>43871587
I'll give it a shot. Got naught else fun to do with this karma.
>>
>>43870148
whoever compiled this is shit, too, cus there's no pics inside, nor are there character sheets.
>>
>>43871744
Did TwoDee ever put out the full character sheets?

And there's a diagram in the back, but if you want fan-art all you have to do is google TwoDee. I didn't put any art in, just as I cut down the interruptions and commentary from the thread, because I wanted to keep the document as streamlined as possible.
>>
Where can I find how background counts affect adepts in 5e?
>>
>>43871908
Street Grimoire, 32
>>
File: 1446934410996.jpg (870KB, 1000x1281px) Image search: [Google]
1446934410996.jpg
870KB, 1000x1281px
>>43871908
In the background count section of SG. All the important stuff is in a textbox.
>>
>>43871916
>>43871923
Ah, I took a glance but didn't see it. Thanks!
>>
>>43869567
I've played in at least one SR game where the PCs are cops instead of professional criminals. On the one hand, you get a way bigger budget and you can go out in public with Forbidden gear, because you're The Law™. On the other hand, you have to uphold The Law™ and you have to obey rules of engagement.

I've been writing a campaign about an elite counter-terrorist organization that the PCs are part of, and their job will involve stuff like defusing bombs, thwarting bank robberies, and taking down Prime Runners.
>>
File: 1437172827015.jpg (2MB, 1578x962px) Image search: [Google]
1437172827015.jpg
2MB, 1578x962px
>>43871978
MET 2000?

They're counter-terrorists when no one is paying them to be terrorists
>>
>>43870538

Remember that fuckloads of people died 50 years ago. Real estate prices have gone down.
Not to mention that a Low Lifestyle is pretty shitty.
>>
>>43872584
>Real estate prices have gone down.

Have they? People died in VITAS (and VITAS II: Electric Boogaloo), but you've got fast-breeding metas like orcs now who have gone through a couple generations, and lots of areas that were developed have been allowed to go to seed.

Population pressure in the sprawls is still pretty real, I imagine.
>>
>>43872624

Orcs and trolls are usually SINless, which means they get crowded in the slums. That ought to be Squatter level housing for everybody.
Not to mention that orcs also die quickly.

Overall, the population is probably lower in SR than in real life right now, or at most it's similar. The UCAS, CAS, PCC, Sioux Nation, SSD and Tir Tairngire (all of the US and Canada, basically) are pretty much identical in population to the current numbers.
>>
>>43842334
For the love of god help me /srg/.

Here's my situation. I'm part of a medium sized network of gangers and runners who work together on occasion. Most of us have particular favorite targets in terms of runs, but collectively I think we've probably screwed over every triple A. The only thing that has kept us off the AAA kill list has been how loose our association is.

We have pretty decent contacts between us in various corps, but someone/some group is systematically wiping us out, and I have no idea why. I'm one of the founding members, and have done a lot of planning for a lot of people's runs, so I'm pretty concerned.

Who could it be?

Some facts for you guys:
-It's not a triple A, our contacts are pretty sure, and between all of us we have a lot of contacts.
-It's not Black Lodge. We thought it might be for a while, but through several casualties on our part and a lot of creative torture we learned they have no interest in us
-The victims are typically alone, some in pretty sophisticated hidey-holes
>>
>>43872706
>>43872624

Actually, scratch that.
I just looked through the Sixth World Almanac.
The total population of everyone in NA is 395 million people in SR.
The current RL population is 528 million.

The Sixth world is pretty roomy.

Though I imagine the AGS is crowded as fuck, since it's all polluted to hell.
>>
>>43872753
What is the method/methods the killer or killers are using? Ritual magic, explosives and shotguns, snipers, poison?
>>
>>43872792
It varies. We think they're hiring runners, but if they are they're sure as shit not local.

To date we've had-
A decker stabbed in the head in his hidey-hole. No trace evidence.

A sammy car-bombed. No witnesses saw anything suspicious.

Another sammy poisoned at his favorite bar, no one remembers anyone suspicious.

A mage sniped at an concert during a run, though we think that might just be coincidental.
>>
>>43872792
More than anything I'm concerned that someone is taking the time to wipe out our organization, and not just specific members. We have a few warehouses that were torched, we think by magic.
>>
>>43872780
Sure, there's less people, but small towns are mostly abandoned, and you have a ton of predators keeping them like that. Most people have moved to one sprawl or another.
>>
>>43872753
Have you considered Harlequin?
>>
>>43872780
aye, smaller populations, but the wilds are more wild, the predators larger and probably magical, etc.
Lotsa people gonna move to teh city.
>>
>>43872909
It's possible, but he doesn't seem like the car-bombing type. To my knowledge, none of our members have had anything to do with Horrors. At least, nothing to warrant H coming down on us like this.
>>
>>43872922
>>43872876

The brunt of the population has never been in small towns.
The US has a current rate of urbanization of 80%.

Sure, we've still got crowded places, but people enjoying a Middle or higher lifestyle aren't going to notice.
A big thing about cyberpunk is how everything *seems* perfect, but only for the priviledged.
A factory line worker, who for some reason hasn't been replaced with a robot, barely scrapes by in a shitty apartment and has a power and water ration he needs to adhere to. There's no security unless he pays off a gang to protect him.
A Low Lifestyle is a ghetto lifestyle.
Basically, the people who live on the edges between slums and actual neighborhoods.
>>
>>43872847
>>43872868
OK, so they've got a mole of some kind, if they know both members and safehouses, and they're clearly doing a lot of research ahead of time to arrange (mostly) precise hits with no collateral or valuable witnesses.

Means a lot of money, and some skilled trackers with magic and Matrix skills. Either they are throwing out a ton of money hiring runners, or it's a tight-knit organization with a number of members (varies depending on how close these ops are to each other in time).

It doesn't have to be a AAA, but it's probably a corp or insanely wealthy individual who hired MET2000 or the Turks. Best option is to see if there's a pattern to the hits (neighbourhood, working relation, ease of hitting, etc.), backtrack that to who might be involved, then skip past them and go for the money. You can't win a ground war.
>>
>>43873005

Someone is clearly hiring runners against you.
See where the money is going, that'll be your ticket.
If no money is behind this, then the GM is just fucking with you.
>>
>>43871995
Ares Firewatch, actually. I might have MET 2000 in as an antagonistic force.
>>
Trying to build a rigger/getaway driver for the first time. What are the essentials for building one?
>>
File: 1398487786794.jpg (79KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1398487786794.jpg
79KB, 500x667px
>>43873387
A car.
>>
File: tara_geared_up_by_dirkloechel.jpg (109KB, 731x1094px) Image search: [Google]
tara_geared_up_by_dirkloechel.jpg
109KB, 731x1094px
>>43873387
High reaction, control rig (no, you don't need a datajack, the control rig comes with one, save the essence), cerebral boosters, something to do for yourself.

Probably the Proteus RCC, it's a good one for your starting console. Lots of the same kind of drone, because you can only run so many programs at once. Use cheap guns with big capacity (AKs and Krime Wave), you're not going to be the main killer of big enemies, but you'll put out enough bullets to handle a ton of baddies.
>>
>>43871613
I'd argue that 1200€/month for a 8m2 in Paris is actually pretty bloated.
>>
Speaking of riggers/getaway drivers, one of my players is doing that. He has a few dobermans and a LINX the team looted from a run, but his character's more into street racing/gearhead stuff.

Any advice on incorporating getaway driving, high speed chases, racing and such into runs? He's been getting the short end of the character agency stick the last few runs and I've been wanting to change that.
>>
>>43873481
Grab the Vulcan instead. 2000 Nuyen cheaper with the exact same stats.

Get yourself a nice gun with those 2000 Nuyen instead.
>>
>>43873584
Do this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT3TB9v8xGo
>>
>>43873584
Personally, I love chase scenes. Look at the Fast and Furious films. Maybe they have to steal something from a moving truck, or someone tips off the assassination target just before, so he gets a chance to try to escape in his car. They could piss off a go-gang, who decide to get revenge after a completely unrelated run when one of them spots the team driving to the drop off point.

http://rpg-tools.org/generators/index.php?pageId=5&pageType=1 this too.
>>
>>43873627
>>43873703
Good stuff, thanks chummers.
>>
>>43871837
I have 2D and Wildcard sheets as a separate docs somewhere. Can upload them a bit later if you want
>>
>>43871744
>no pics

But all the fanart was half the fun
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.