[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to play a wrestling tabletop. As in with a legit wrestling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: aPuz5.jpg (211KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
aPuz5.jpg
211KB, 1024x768px
I want to play a wrestling tabletop. As in with a legit wrestling federation, fighting for titles, making gimmicks, interviews fighting demons and aliens to defend humanity the whole shebang.

Any system you guys would recommend? Perhaps an established group I should seek out?
>>
I hate to break it to you but I don't think there's a game for this specific concept. I'd recommend a light-hearted generic superheroes system, like Mutants and Masterminds.

I hope you end up doing this and having a blast, because that sounds like a badass campaign.
>>
Reign
>>
Have you taken a look at GURPS?
>>
>>43832279
World Wide Wrestling is the book you want. I even got the PDF on me. Haven't read it in ages, but it is pretty neat.

I dunno about established groups, but I'd so be willing to play a wrestling game. I'm a rather shit/newbie GM, but it is totally something I'd consider running.
>>
Just take my money. I'd play that.
>>
>>43833052

LOL oh man this game...

As a wrestling fan I can see they put lots of love and thought into it.
>>
>>43833279

They did. Plus the free little addons for it on their site. I'm gonna try to find a group for this. This system and ops idea would be badass.
>>
There is also a All Flesh Must Be Eaten splat book for wrestling, titled Zombie Smackdown.
It has rules for the theater of wrestling, as well as rules for the actual fighting.
It has setting info for American Pro wrestling, Japanese pro wrestling, and Lucha Libre.

The suggested plot for Lucha Libre has our heroes as a team of Rudos fighting Aztec Muscle Priests raising wrestling zombies by being super fit. The Aztec priests are técnicos.

The final fight should be a mask fight So the Rudos can reveal the Zombies to the world.
>>
>>43832279
I've heard that the WWF game (the pre-d20 system one, of course) is pretty good. It includes things like whether yo're going over with the fans, running into the ring from the locker room, and advancing your career outside the ring with acting and TV commercials.
>>
>>43833340
Despite how it may appear, All Flesh Must Be Eaten is an universal system that happens to have zombies tacked on. Other splats include pirates, sf, medieval fantasy, supera, noir, kung-fu, and a bunch others.
>>
Oddly enough, it's designed for Wuxia but I could see LOTW working pretty well.

Especially if you go with a much more supernatural sort of Wrestling like Lucha Underground or what Cain and the Undertaker represent.

I'd let people take 'Weapons' as just various ways of fighting. So a guy who uses Saber/Massive might not actually have a huge sword but might be the Big Show for instance.
>>
>>43833327
>I'm gonna try to find a group for this.

I am having fantasies about cutting promos and doing announcing right now.

I even did an out loud to myself "buh gawd King!".

I have got to get in a group...
>>
File: Dunno why.jpg (53KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Dunno why.jpg
53KB, 500x333px
I like this idea.
>>
>>43833430

All I can think of is an intergalactic wrestling match where the toughest badasses from around the universe face off. And only you're a bad enough dude to save humanity.
>>
File: luchador.jpg (18KB, 232x300px) Image search: [Google]
luchador.jpg
18KB, 232x300px
Luchador: Way of the Mask is kind of fun for that, you might need to tweak it a bit if you're going for a more American wrestling style.

Or you could probably tweak FIGHT! to do it y stating some basic chain wrestling as combos but I have a feeling that would be a pain in the ass.

If you wanted something that isn't weird ass indie shit no one has ever heard of however I got nothing, unless of course you stat up in L5R with everyone being Moto wrestlers.
>>
>>43833052
OP here. That game looks fucking amazing! I'd love to join a game if one ever comes up!
>>
>>43832926
>>43833052

This is precisely what I was coming here to post
>>
>>43833279
I hate to sound like a shill, but the creator posts regularly on the G+ community for it.

Occasionally he posts previews of new content.

Also, this post: https://plus.google.com/+NathanPaoletta/posts/eMwmA7xW8DT
>>
>>43833052

Anybody want to run this? Maybe post a listing in the gamefinder thread? It seems like there would be players interested.

I'd like to but I feel like I don't know enough about wrestling to do it just as a GM, though I think I could manage being a player.
>>
File: img_1126.png (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
img_1126.png
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>43832279
>fighting demons and aliens to defend humanity

Go on
>>
>>43835781
I had a character concept for this game called the 'Wrestlemaniac' that was basically just that guy. Fucking loved that cartoon.
>>
On a related note, does anyone else use popular wrestling personalities/gimmicks for characters in their non-wrestling campaigns? I can imagine the Undertaker or Kane would make great undead/demon characters, or Triple H as a barbarian/fighter.
>>
>>43836191
I once placed an entire DnD game as a monk, voiced by Macho Man Randy Savage.

That's only true way to play monk.
>>
What about the street fighter storytelling game? I think it's quite fun and I'm playing a wrestler myself in the campaign i currently play.
>>
>>43833378
>Oddly enough, it's designed for Wuxia but I could see LOTW working pretty well.

That's because showmanship wrestling is literally about larger-than-life stories in the context of a martial community.

I dunno if LoTW would be my first choice, but the similarities in themes are there to anyone who cares to look.

http://danbooru.donmai.us/pools/714

2hus are always related
>>
>>43836191
I once based an NPC in my mutants and masterminds game on Captain Insano
>>
>>43832279
You'd have to have a scene like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E0oiKjLzTc
>>
>>43836191

Spoiler'd because I know my players read /tg/

I'm totally going to be using not!The Undertaker as a DTD opponent. They did piss off the Cult of the Dragonfather, Toruk.
>>
>>43832279

God, I love the idea of Macho Man Randy Savage choosing to die so he could hold off the apocalypse in one giant cage match against God and the Horsemen.
>>
>>43833340
I need a pdf of this
please
>>
>>43834325
>https://plus.google.com/+NathanPaoletta/posts/eMwmA7xW8DT
Oh my god, I remember when this happened. Back before Smackdown changed over to the fist Titantron.

Making me feel really damn old right now, guy.
>>
>>43840145
I would, but I just have the physical copy.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.