[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Turns out that transfusions of blood siphoned from the bodies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 125

File: blood_vial.jpg (47KB, 408x409px) Image search: [Google]
blood_vial.jpg
47KB, 408x409px
Turns out that transfusions of blood siphoned from the bodies of godlike cosmic creatures from a dreamworld have extreme healing properties.
>>
>>43822424
We knew that. Common sense really. Only problem is the side-effects.
>>
>>43822433
Well every potent medicine has side effects. Could be worse however. At least excess body hair is manageable.

Could've been Anal seepage.
>>
>>43822424
the next logical step is harnessing a series of these gods and siphoning as much blood out of them as we safely can, boxing them up by god and by proportional mixture for discerning clients and clergy.

was it me or was the fight against Logarious overly difficult for a 'Souls' game?
>>
>>43822455
Shit, excess body hair? What does that mean? I am already pretty hairy.
>>
>>43822455
Depending on why I needed the extreme healing properties, I might find anal seepage acceptable
>>
>>43822455
I mean the delusions of grandeur, narcissism, y'know. The body hair and incontinence are just adding insult to injury.
>>
Guys, my sister took this medicine and she's kind of a werewolf now.

Anyone else know anyone experiencing that kind of thing as a side effect?
>>
>>43822522
probably just a rare allergy.
>>
>>43822526
Or a pre-existing condition.
>>
>>43822455

ah no!
>>
File: Cleric_beast_concept_art.jpg (260KB, 1380x776px) Image search: [Google]
Cleric_beast_concept_art.jpg
260KB, 1380x776px
>>43822471
Don't worry, it tends to look quite nice, smooth and flowing and all. Also helps if you worry becomming bald.
>>
>>43822522
The werewolf thing was probably tumblr; not cosmic blood. Just turn off the router for a day or two; it'll cure her.
>>
>>43822462
Nah, much as I'll admit my first encounter with the Martyr was hard as fuck (Took 30 tries) every other time I've fought him its been a 0 blood vial no death affair.

All you gotta do is learn his moveset he telegraphs everything.

Ebrietas is a different story
>>
>>43822563
>>43822522
>>43822424

You must gain insight, or as they say "eyes on the inside", to know the truth.
>>
>>43822639
yeah, but I'm a slow learner, and he may telegraph but I'm shitty at dodging...

I set the game down for a time because amygdala was giving me issues(yes I am that bad) nearly killed it a few times, still fucking things up though. I'll likely pick the game up in a week or two and curbstomp it accidentally and proceed a little farther to get stuck against yet another boss, put the game down for a while etc. etc. etc.

it's how I progress in souls games.
>>
>>43822462
It was you, dodging through his big arc attack left room for a stun- visceral ( with a fast weapon)combo until you stamina ran out
>>
>>43822671
Amygdala was Satan to me, at least 30+ tries and I killed ebrietas in one go, don't feel bad
>>
File: bloodbrew.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
bloodbrew.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>43822677
>a fast weapon
might have been I have a fear of the open feeling while big weapons wind up and rebound...

I landed only like 3 vicerals to him over the course of like 20 fights though.

also, posting my bloodborne inspired campagin setting because "fuck it, what harm will it do?"

>>43822713
>ebrietas
which one was that?
or have I not gotten that far yet?
>>
>>43822574
That only works for normal werewolfs.

If that guy's sister also grows antlers, it's the blood. Like >>43822660 said, you need eyes in the brain or things get hairy. I advise asking the archeology department of your local university.

>>43822639
Ebrietas depends on the build. Holy Blade with stamina build stunlocks her, same with the cannon.
Proving once again that nothing can stand against a British peasant with an oversized sword.
>>
File: Image-Vicar_Amelia01.jpg (324KB, 1472x828px) Image search: [Google]
Image-Vicar_Amelia01.jpg
324KB, 1472x828px
>>43822740
>>43822522

Welp...
>>
>>43822740
>Proving once again that nothing can stand against a British peasant with an oversized sword.
did you name your character "Mad Jack"?
>>
>>43822765
Pantsu on head?
>>
File: 1441257986679.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1441257986679.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>43822726

That's a fleshed out campaign
>>
>>43822815
and yet I've stalled on statting basically everything, I have a couple of things in the monster manual statted for the nWoD system, but mostly my creation cycle was interrupted and I'll either never finish it, or I'll come back to it sometime early next year
>>
>>43822726
Ebrietas is a god at 1 hitting you, ALOT people have a lot of trouble with her
I mean fast as in a kirkhammer sword so you can put out the brute force on a dime if need be

My best protip is to learn to time your dodges for that invulnerability ( which IS a trial and error thing)and always dodge forward and to left hand side of an opponent, it tends to put you behind them
>>
>>43822813
That used to be a a full dress. you can see the remnants of the sleeves hanging down.
>>
>>43822852
Bolt paper is your friend.
>>
>>43822863
Is it my imagination or did they give her an anus on her model
>>
>>43822852
>I mean fast as in a kirkhammer sword so you can put out the brute force on a dime if need be
too weak to use kirk...been threaded caning my way through the game.

>and always dodge forward and to left hand side of an opponent,
fortunately, I do this automatically, I think it has something to do with being left-handed...

>>43822876
noted
I shall stock it fully.

>>43822890
I wasn't looking before, but now I will be...and I blame you
>>
>>43822890
Anon...please...
>>
>>43822901
>left handed
Same and I think its an advantage that they make games by right handed people with the intent to hurt right handed people playing them
*left handed high five*
I tend to build on strength every game i playdue to a cunnin' an'brutal mindset
If you are running skill I keep that cane(I cant use the damn thing) but arcane might lend towards some great sword potential
>>
>>43822902
>stabbing Amelia in the back
>great sword misses back, dissapears
>hahahahaaaa I have stabbed the beast through!
>moans and roars are heard as you realise the place you lost your weapon was preexistent
>>
>>43822726
Finish this, then give skype so I can play it ploxxxx
>>
>>43822455
What. Only real problem i see is the whole vivid dreaming thing and i've been on anti-psychotics that made me dream worse than bloodborne.
>>
How do you pull of a grim, madness and blood centred adventure with hope being a glimmer at the end of the tunnel without complete edge ?
>>
>>43823191
By not using the dark elements to look cool or mature. That's what edgy means and people who cry for it the moment something is out of their comfort zone are morons.
>>
>>43823149
I'm unlikely to ever run it. I can GM well enough for my group but I'm mostly an improvist GM.

I can make shit up on the fly round a campfire and run it better than something I prepped in advance.

I always worry that I'm missing something and I have to go back through the source material over and over again.

AND that thing has a huge plot+setting hole.

if the wall of the cities were torn down allowing the monsters inside, what did the tearing? and where is it hiding now?

>>43823191
the best I have is >>43822726 and it's pretty edgy; body horror, eldritch abominations, heavy leather trench-coats, lots of fancy hats, occasional bouts of GODDAMNED POLITICS (but mostly just the trench warfare fucking with travel), so on and so on.

part of cutting out the edge is getting the right players..
>>
>>43822726
This document has been stolen for my own purposes.
God damn
>>
>>43823191
Viewpoint of an newborn 3 months outward. You can't really feel anything, cramped space you can't escape and its slowly getting smaller, you can occasionally hear voices but can't see from where talking in an odd unknowable language, towards the end just before you think you'll go crazy the walls start closing in hard, hard enough to deform your head and body, just before you think you'll die you can see it, light. Its the first light you've ever seen so its blinding and it BURNS. Just as you make it to freedom somebody cuts the shit you were using to breathe and then slaps your ass. Its the first real sensation you've experienced so the pain is EXCRUCIATING. Its so painful you learn to breathe just so you can scream in pain. The whole ordeal is so traumatizing you get retroactive amnesia.
>>
>>43822455

The side effects aren't even that bad, the problem came with the fact that instead of being medicine, it became both medicine AND the main kind of booze, and everyone was capable of producing it and sharing it around almost indefinitely.
>>
>>43823243
>improv
Great inprov-er
I love you
build it so I can rp a lunatic with a kirkhammer plox
>what tore the wall
Make that the initial mission to discover maybe? Bounties from some organisation that wants to pull influence?
>>
>>43823362
Really, we had prostitutes switch to giving blood because people wanted that more than sex.
>>
Yharnam Blood is just a less dangerous stand-in for Heroin.
>>
>>43823404
>less dangerous
uhhh...
>>
>>43822671
>>43822713
>trouble with Amygdala

Boy, are y'all in for fun times in the Defiled Chalice dungeon...
>>
>>43823251
take it with my compliments, come back some time and tell me or at least /tg/ how it went and what changes you made so I can steal them for my own version.

here, have the major inspiration for "signs of hunters past" minor inspiration would be mine-sign courtesy of discworld dwarfs

>>43823368
>wall tearer
that may have to be a later mission if they survive, see, the cities inside [country] also have walls and nobody outside know they've been taken down or they wont until the party returns to tell anyone

>kirkhammer
I'd not be inclined to allow a tombstone on a stick type hammer, but a great-maul? certainly, a friend of mine has always liked the idea of a hammer-swinging barbarian warrior
>>
>>43823422

A giant monster capable of shooting lasers is less dangerous than a bunch of heroin addicts with their jury-rigged chemical labs and home-made explosives and firearms.
>>
>>43823495

They are in for some REAL fun when they meet Ludwig.
>>
>>43823515
FUCK
LUDWIG
>>
>>43823528

If you talk to his severed head after you kill him while wearing any of the Church sets, or even just a set with the "Cape", he gives you the Moonlight Greatsword rather than getting it after you mercy-kill him.
>>
>>43823528
he's that bad?
>>
>>43823515
Tell us about the dlc
Do it
>>
>>43823496
Jesus, it's crazy how such simple symbols can make this picture feel disturbing.
>>
>>43823569

Don't do it in New Game+.

Just don't do it, you will get destroyed.

Also, the weapons and items are scattered around instead of just being concentrated in a few areas.

ALSO ALSO.

The Gatling gun is bawss, it makes a Str+Blood Tinge build actually fucking worth it.
>>
>>43823560
He gives ZERO fucks about breathing room, and every part of his body might as well be a fucking hit box. That wouldn't be a problem, if not for the fact that he is near-constantly attacking you with wide sweeping attacks that track.
>>
>>43823594

Don't forget to mention the second stage!

Fucking lasersword.
>>
>>43823576
yup, AND they're simple enough that they can be common lore for people inside of [country] here, have panel 2 of them

>>43823594
ok...
>>43823591
also noted
but would either of you recomend the DLC?
>>
>>43823615

I would recommend it, iz brety gud so far.

If nothing else, the weapons are fabulous.
>>
>>43823629
The Beast's Embrace Rune Transformation finally makes Beast Claws as awesome as they should be. [/spoiler
>>
>>43823569

Vaati has a vid about it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRx6CD_WmbQ
>>
>>43823687
seen it, I just try not to take any one mans word as gospel.
>>
>>43823496
Ah well shit, I dunno, personally, if I was any good at DM'ing ,which I'm not, I would keep the wall tearer as a shadowy threat that lunatics from the town may jabber about, religiously or otherwise, and would hang over our heads(as a PC) and would form bodily from what you think the players came up with over it when needed
>maul man
I like it
>>
>>43823669
Kos Parasite is also out of control imo.

I just love that hentai rape feel.
>>
>>43823515
I can't afford the DLC right now, but I'm semi-content with slamming my face into Defiled Amygdala for the time being. Need that chalice for Yharnam, then I'll only have 2 ending trophies left to go. Not bad for 11 days worth of work if you ask me.
>>
>>43823496
wtf is the SCP, i want to know more about the world where thouse symbols were created
>>
>>43823763

SCP is a bunch of worthless trash now.
>>
File: Ludwig.jpg (159KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Ludwig.jpg
159KB, 1024x576px
>>43823515
>>43823528
>>43823569
I hope you like horsemen that wield swords.
>>
>>43823763
>not knowing scp
Lurk moar, also:http://www.scp-wiki.net
>>
>>43823768
yes but where dose it come from, what is it etc. Is it from a book or vidia or movie, wtf is it
>>
>>43823786
See
>>43823785
>>
File: 1443476189099.png (131KB, 1510x1130px) Image search: [Google]
1443476189099.png
131KB, 1510x1130px
>>43823704
>I like it
me too

also GMing resource

also, almost all towns will be abandoned/killed off too. save a fairly small few that were either small enough, or out of the way enough, or just plain lucky enough to evade a [wall tearing beast]

these people are hardy enough to survive that isolated

>>43823763
yes it's SCP, the first 1000 entries are okay(some are FANTASTIC), as are a tiny selection of the short stories and documents.

BUT
a lot of the later entries and most of the fiction kinda blows.

>>43823768
not all worthless mind you, just mostly worthless

>>43823786
it's a bunch of faux containment procedures. no movie, no TV show, vidya in slow indie production.

read the actual containment files and see.
>>
>>43823784
How come, when everyone else became a wolf, a bug, or an ayyyyyy, Ludwig became a horse and the people in the fishing village became fish?
>>
>>43823768
>http://www.scp-wiki.net
AND it has some truly good gems hidden deep in the files if can find them.

case in point
>http://www.scp-wiki.net/reddawn
>>
>>43822765
Your sister's a cutie. Could you hook us up?
>>
>>43823868

Probably some deeper meaning, like Horse means endurance or something.

Hell, Ludwig when you meet him is still bearing some form of sanity.
>>
>>43823868
different sources

the vilebloods got it from one dead outsider
the healing church got it from a different source and, as is natural with churches run by humans, branded other strains heretical
yosephka had it from a 3rd source.
ludwig probably got it from yet a 4th source in the chalice dungeons.

I wonder what the blood of the main character should you choose squid ending does to you...
>>
>>43823868

Several theories, ranging from temperament, your individual insight into the truths of the world, blood source from a different Great One, and individual experimentation with blood.

Possibly a combination of all three
>>
>>43823868
Sorta fitting, a Crusader on a Horse.

But for an in-universe explanation, apparently there are PARASITES in the Blood. The more you resist the urges, the more the parasites build up. The more they build up, the harder it is to resist, and the more mutated you become.
>>
>>43823923
A squid/octopus obviously. Probably with fucked up shrimp features.
>>
>>43823923
>>43823947

Well, you're a kid now, and a squid now.
>>
>>43823923
The vilebloods had one source that lead to... well the vilebloods and their tick like beasts.

The church had the one that turns people into lycanthropes.

The Choir had the one that turned people into Celestials, where Impostor! Isoepha

The Mensis people had a different strain.

And so on and so forth.

The changes also seem tied with how "Insightful" you are. The more "in the know" you are the more severe and drastic the changes will be. Its the reason why there's a difference between Cleric Beasts, and the werewolves.
>>
>>43823989

I thought the Mensis people had a bit of every strain, which is why their shit got so fucked even compared to everyone else?
>>
>>43823989
>The changes also seem tied with how "Insightful" you are. The more "in the know" you are the more severe and drastic the changes will be.
that's part of what I wanted for the "insight" mechanic in>>43822726 but people tell me it's a bad idea and I shouldn't implement it on an individual player basis...also the corruption generators, but that hasn't been fully fleshed yet...
>>
>>43823985
>>43823947
>>43823923
Someone forgot to tell anon that Bloodborne is the prequel to Splatoon.
>>
>>43824012
Pretty sure they got theirs from Rom, hence bugheads.
>>
>>43823985
I mean, I thought that implication is that you successfully became a Great One, not that you're a weird kind of beast.
>>
>>43823989
>The changes also seem tied with how "Insightful" you are. The more "in the know" you are the more severe and drastic the changes will be. Its the reason why there's a difference between Cleric Beasts, and the werewolves.

I like to think of it more in terms of "Reforging your body to better able to cope with your level of Arcane Knowledge" it's just that the whole entire process completely shatters your psyche unless you got some serious endurance (Like Ludwig, or Amelia) get ALL OF THE KNOWLEDGE at once (Like the Player).

So you either succeed like The Player and the Vileblood Queen, endure but eventually go insane anyway like Ludwig or the Vicar, end up becoming braindead like Rom, or just turn into a beast.
>>
>>43824033

Actually Rom was a human that got transformed into that "Thing", likely by Kos, (Or some say Kosm) to act as a sort of Dream catcher spider, to gird the sanity of the rest of humanity.

The Byrginworth folks likely drew from him.
>>
>>43824033

That's Byrgenworth, the Mensis were the people with Murgo and trying for One Reborn.
>>
>>43824066
I don't count getting imprisoned twice and then pasted as "succeeding"
>>
>>43824072

Kos / Kosm was a scholar at Byrgenworth, one of Ludwig's generation I think.

Or I may be completely wrong.
>>
>>43824099
Kos/kosm is a great one. She shows up in the DLC
>>
>>43824085

>Was there at the start of all this shit
>Still around
>Didn't go insane, or even really mutate.
>Got turned into Paste but could have been resurrected from a lump of stray flesh.
>Didn't go insane even after that.

I would count that as succeeding.
>>
>>43824072
I would never have thought Kos to be 1. A female and 2. A gigantic disgusting blob thingy that somehow gives birth despite the fact that Great Ones are not supposed to be able to do that.
>>
>>43824133

Does she give birth to an actual Great One, or just some weird Half-spawn thing?
>>
>>43824171
It's certainly tougher than the MP, although if it is a great one, it's the most humanoid we've seen.
>>
so, because I can, I'll ask.

1.) what elements would be essential to running a tabletop RPG that FEELS like bloodborne both story, setting, location of play(players round a dining table with the lights on low, or round a campfire at night)

2.) what system would you use, and why?

3.) what mechanics would you try and port over?

4.) what characters would you port?

5.) high or low detail on the in game environment?

6.) what monsters would you throw in?

7.) magic how? (I'm thinking something like pic related)

8.) gimmicks? novelties? etc.

>hoping for good answers for my homebrew
>>
>>43824133
>2. A gigantic disgusting blob thingy that somehow gives birth despite the fact that Great Ones are not supposed to be able to do that.

They are fine with giving birth, it just always ends badly.
>>
>>43824273
shit that is badly worded...
>>
>>43824273
I almost ran a CoC game in the Bloodborne setting. Was gonna play it on Halloween but RL got in the way.
The idea was players would be normal folks, not hunters, and it wasn't a night of the hunt. Exploring Yharnam while it was still a bustling city and trying to discover the truth about the healing church is a perfect fit for the system.
>>
>>43824273
>2.) what system would you use, and why?
I would use Pathfinder, if only because i know pathfinder. however, you could probably find something far more suited that that. Perhaps FantasyCraft.

>3.) what mechanics would you try and port over?
Trick weapons and The rally system (Draw blood and heal yourself)

>4.) what characters would you port?
The doll.

>7.) magic how? (I'm thinking something like pic related)

I would do magic like they do in bloodborne. You dont. You use shit that does. All the "spells" are you using, runes, items, or the remains of creatures to coax supernatural effects.
>>
>>43824462
>The rally system
I have not encountered this, or I may know it by another name, explain?

>The doll.
yes. or bring in the Maiden in Black(same voice actress, same in game purpose. equally {or nearly so} sad+adorabe)

>pathfinder/fantasycraft
I've played neither why would FC be more suited?

>You dont. You use shit that does
yes, the runes of necromancers
I still want some magic but I want it rare enough that the players can't just roll up a wizzard and cheese the whole game

>>43824462
>CoC
never played that either GMs for any game around here are rare, finicky, and oddly enough gathered around the same local fetish club...
>>
>>43824573
The rally system is the health regain thing from hurting enemies after you get hit.
>>
>>43824573
FC and PF both use the same system, But FC actually makes an attempt to balance the Magic System.

You know when you get injured and you attack a creature, the more damage you do the more health you recover? Thats the Rally System in Bloodborne.
>>
>>43824618
>>43824625
ah that...

okay...now how would you implement that in a low HP game(fewer max hitpoints and each one counts for a lot of damage)

I'm thinking "for every 2 points of wounding you cause an opponent you have a 50% chance to gain 1 hit-point back"
>>
>>43824273
>1
I'd say the most important threat are a feeling of dread and mistery. You want high lethality and a mistery that slowly unravels and completely changes how the world looks. A bit of mythical flair is also important.

>3
I wouldn't directly copy mechanics, because those of Bloodborne are made with a computer in mind. But I would fill similiar nieches. You want to force the players to be agressive to put them under pressure to support the feeling of dread. There are several ways to achieve that, like the rally system. You could also build your encounters in a way that makes them become harder as they go on, or have groups of enemies that synergize with each other.
Maybe add some ressource management that forces players to go out into the world.

>6
I'd go for a range of human to beast transformations and an own set of Old Ones. You really want to draw the players in with the unknown, so they must not know what they will encounter.

>7
Don't make magic safe. Don't turn it into a tool to deal with enemies while they don't hurt you. I'd throw in some utility spells that help avoiding encounters rather than making them easier.
Give your players some decent healing, but have it come at a price. While you want fights to be tense, you don't want your players crippled and forced to take a huge break.
You could add a corruption/transformation element, exploring on the beast blood element. Would also add this nice theme of fighting for your humanity while you piece together the horrible truth.

You could have the players be members of some sort of organisation akin to the hunters, sent out to this weird place to solve a mistery. If they die/go insane, you can use them as enemies while the new PCs are another set of investigators.
>>
>>43822424
Sounds legit. Let's bottle it up and market it as health drinks. I'm sure nothing bad will happen.
>>
>>43825085
>dread and mistery
I'll expect cries of "quit the grimderp" but I'll try for that.

>Maybe add some ressource management that forces players to go out into the world.
food and encumbrance, I intend to lay this on them. they'll start with a cart of supplies, and they might(read; probably) lose it.

>I'd go for a range of human to beast transformations and an own set of Old Ones.
random pick on the monsters is what I was thinking, but now I'll have to mix-n-match them some more

>Don't make magic safe.
that was already in the document, I want them trying it only as a last resort or with the care of a man balancing bowls of nitroglycerin sort of thing

>You could add a corruption/transformation element, exploring on the beast blood element.
I have something other than blood in mind, (going for the feel more than an exact match) but how would you do it?

>You could have the players be members of some sort of organisation akin to the hunters, sent out to this weird place to solve a mistery. If they die/go insane, you can use them as enemies while the new PCs are another set of investigators.

it was the intent to have that sort of thing, but the hunters are mercs clean and simple under employment to explore [country]

reuse of old characters with extra monstrous features added in is what I was planning on for TPKs
>>
File: 5ad.jpg (382KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
5ad.jpg
382KB, 1024x1536px
>>43825271

Individuals that act and behave similarly to the PC should be the Hardest motherfuckers around. Them hulking out in beast form after a certain number of injuries should make them even more dangerous.
>>
>>43825372
>Individuals that act and behave similarly to the PC should be the Hardest motherfuckers around.
yup. again in the homebrew I'm building (hold your vomit till the end please) monster hunters a relatively common occupation, high turnover rate so there are few widely known hunters. the party just happens to be hunters and(I'm requiring at least one) an academic sent into a monster hotzone so bad that centuries ago it's inhabitants built a 30 foot wall around the whole country to protect outsiders just to loot and look around.

naturally other entrepreneurs in countries adjacent to the [Country] have also sent in their own teams to look around or loot or both. so the occasional corruption-maddened hunter wouldn't be amiss at all.
>>
>>43823946
>parasites
Are we talking vocal cord parasites?
>>
>>43825629
Male to female copulation
>>
>>43825271
>but how would you do it?
That's hard to tell without knowing the rest of the system. If healing/magic is rare you could roll on a table of mutations whenever it's used. Have a good mix of positive and negative side effects with skill in that area shifting the balance.
You could also secretely keep track of what the players use and have that count as EXP towards certain archetypes a la vampire, werewolf, etc.
So ten points into squid god gives you face tentacles, 20 let you spit ink, and so on.
On the negative side you could force will saves against certain behavior typical for that archetype. You can start with easy things like being drawn to a certain place or substance and then things escalate out of the players control.
So by the time you make Mr. Squidhead an NPC he's a gurgling monstrosoty trying to infect his sister so that he can make baby squids with her.

And of course you can have this stuff have happened before and be side stories for the players to uncover.
>>
>>43824038
The question is what kind of beast would your great one blood turn people into
>>
>>43823270
Surely this is not how you think fetuses function?
>>
>>43825679
>all of these ideas...
don't mind me, as I steal them, they aren't nailed down tightly and they don't have your name on them.
>>
>>43825754
Please, go on. My players range from age 6 to 12, so it's not like I'll get much out of the body horror stuff.
>>
>>43825904
>My players range from age 6 to 12,
I've heard better things than I'd expect about that, how is it?
>>
>>43825944
The younger ones have a rather short attention span and don't care about roleplaying that much, but it's quite fun. Children that age are really interested in creating something themselves and obviously rather easy to impress. In a way they are "untainted" by shitty media you'd have a lot of teenagers copy because they think that's cool.

But of course that might be just my player base, which is my siblings and some of their friends.
>>
Can someone explain what the Hunters were actually supposed to do and why the MC is supposed to kill the various Great Ones?
>>
>>43824267

The MP was supposed to be easy though, it's fight was more for cinematic reasons than gameplay, Gehrman was for Gameplay.
>>
>>43826422
hunters hunt beasts. there was a time when people in game didn't know what caused beasts. the hunters were the first knee-jerk reaction to that.

by the time people realized what caused beasts, everything was collapsing.
>>
>>43826422
The Healing Church knew that the blood turned people into beasts. So they created The Hunters to clean up the mess.

As for killing great ones? That just kinda happens. Not exactly part of the job description. But like all good Campaigns its never JUST what you're initially fighting, or what you're hired to do.
>>
>>43826422
The hunters kill all those beast roaming the city. You know, those things that go around attacking people. Though part of that is to make sure no one finds out that the blood aministration is to blame for the plague.

What the player does is mostly being a dick. You get into the Old One's personal space, so they try to defend themselve. You just beat them with all the skills you aquired in your exploration of Yahrnam.
>>
>>43826542

To be fair, killing off Ebrietas and the Brain of Mensis is more the player just being a dick rather than actually killing them to prevent beasts.

Ebrietas just spends her eternity staring sadly at the (Generic Statue of Rom) that is actually one of her human hand-maidens that she favored, and then granted the understanding and ability to manipulate the entirety of time, but being that she was human she was unable to fathom it and was turned to stone.

and the Brain is just kinda hanging there, enjoying the view, it's not his fault his gaze will make your body explode.
>>
>>43826550
>>43826584
If something is going to kill me for getting "in their personal space" then I'm going to fucking kill it back.
>>
>>43826584
Yeah, if you just take the time to talk to it The brain will give you stuff! Useful stuff. It just takes a while to perform their version of Sign Language.
>>
>>43826613
Except Ebrietas is just there being sad over a statue. It takes the player smacking her to start the fight.
>>
>>43826613

You can literally touch Ebrietas and she won't do fuck-all until you make her bleed.

The Brain? The Brain just hangs out in a tower all day, watching shit, it's not his fault that the things he watches are incapable of handling his gaze and explode just from the shear weight and knowledge him glimpsing at you provides.

Hell, you can talk to that motherfucker after you knock him down into the Void, he gives you a pretty awesome rune by carving it into your thought meat.

Hell, even the Moon Presence isn't really attacking you, it's trying to hug your ass and replace Gehrman with you as it's Child-stand in / Adopted Babby, until it feels the umbilical cords you ate / coiled inside you and Rightfully assumes you are becoming a Great One, and that you just killed it's pseudo-adopted child.
>>
>>43826584
>the Brain is just kinda hanging there, enjoying the view

Except that it was trapped there and tortured by Micolash, and that it probably wanted you to end its suffering.
>>
File: untitled.jpg (130KB, 1018x598px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
130KB, 1018x598px
>>43825679
alright in the picture you see how I've tried to implement these. how do they look?

>FYI
in nWoD (they system I'm building in for now) a character typically has 7 hitpoints maxing out at around 10 for humans.
>>
>>43826838
Seems fine to me. Actually gives all-rounder builds a nieche because their point gain should be spread and thus take much longer to hit a threshold.
You can also adjust the the point requirements to change difficulty, maybe there are some items or locations that change the threshold or grant a chance not to gain a point, etc.

Obviously you need to write up the different categories and keep them balanced. The usual stuff.
>>
>>43823868
What if he just got merged with his own horse. That would explain why it has two heads.
>>
>>43822462
Logarius you just need to stop from powering up. After he powers up its some bullshit bullets curve around him.

Otherwise he's so easy to visceral.

But yes it was a long slew of deaths before I beat him.
>>
>>43827056
>different categories and keep them balanced.
see, thats the problem I'm having.

what categories should i have?

Berserker/Beast
Caster
Vampire

but what else? and what bonuses for those things?
>>
>>43827374
You could probably get some mileage out of some of the Changeling: the lost rules.
>>
>>43827374
That's really up to you. You can go for classical monsters, the seven sins, or make the players more alike the great beings of the setting. Sea life has always been popular for Old Ones, but you can use anything and make it strange. Seriously, I once made an old one based on 4chan.

Stuff out of my ass:

>The Spore
A healer based on corruption, maybe based on fungi. Gives access to easy healing, but pumps the other player's corruption stat. In the end they just become a stationary fountain of corruption.
You can gain this corruption via the spores of those creatures that are maybe around as an item.

>The Slime
An absorption based tank. One that sticks to the attacker and fuses with them. Players get a tentacle made of slime that clings to attackers, devours them and grows.
The characters become hungry for exotic things and try to fuse with bigger things. In the end they are just a blob.

Cont.
>>
>>43828153

>The Hive
A minion-master that actually births his minions. Like, through actual copulation. Or creating parasites that nest into someone's brain to make them a slave. Once they go NPC they'll do nothing more than create new spawn.

>The Worker
An insectile creature that's very skilled with using various artifacts. Grows extra arms/mandibles to work with all kinds of stuff and in the end becomes obsessed with constructing weird machines and altars for their god
I'd say this type is mostly gained by items, maybe uncovering the secrets of an old civilization.

>The Junkie
A slaneesh-like demon of hedonism. Gets extra social skills and light illusion, but becomes addicted to all kinds of pleasure and intoxicating substances. This one could be a mixed category for players who down all kinds of items.
Maybe they actually try to corrupt others to have more fun.

>That asshole who ruined my carpet.
A vampire based on gluttony. Think the tick guys from Bloodborne. Gets bloated with all the blood taken in, can spit out one poisoned blood. In the end bursts into some other weird creature or whatever.
Get extra corruption via tainted blood.

>The Broccoli
A "watcher" obsessed with observing the great beyond, with a bounch of extra eyes or antennae. Improves senses/magic, but makes the character apathetic to mundane matters. Might work for casters

I'd use a bunch of enviromental factors for some of these corruptions, like wandering in the open during the purple rain or getting hit by certain attacks. Maybe there are some tainted Items that belong to a certain god, though that only works if magic items are really rare/powerful.
>>
>>43823515
bludwig's crazy sword
>>
>>43823191
By giving respites. Too many GMs and storytellers in general have this problem. A character crying means nothing if we've never seen them smile. Before long the upset just becomes routine. Give them something to smile about and don't rip it out from under them or make it something to be upset about. Just something that their characters can genuinely feel happy about. Rollercoasters are always more fun that sheer drops.
>>
>>43823496
It's a little unnerving that "Do Not Follow the Little Girl" needs its own symbol.
>>
>>43829928
I learned in the bad way to don't follow creepy little girls, specially if I'm searching for spooky shit.
>>
>>43829928
Its a sign of shitty writing and tired tropes if you ask me.
>>
So..the nightmare was a punishment/paradise for blood drunk hunters right?
>>
>>43828883
I'll make a note of that...
>>
>>43826692
I think the brain wants you to kill it. When you try to make contact it gives you a rune that gives you more blood echos for killing things, and runes are the words of great ones. Seems pretty clear what it wants.
>>
File: 1388755573360.jpg (33KB, 273x135px) Image search: [Google]
1388755573360.jpg
33KB, 273x135px
>>43822424
>burn it
>burn everyone who's used it
>burn everyone who has knowledge of it and everyone they know
>>
>>43830628
I'm not done the DLC yet, but it seems like it started out as that, but then the church set up shot there and started using it for their experiments to make everyone into an alien.
>>
>>43826542
The Healing Church didn't create so much as co-opt the hunters. Gherman was the first of the hunters, while Ludwig was the first of the Healing Church hunters. They did know, however, that there would eventually be more powerful beasts.
>>
File: olean.png (191KB, 1253x1024px) Image search: [Google]
olean.png
191KB, 1253x1024px
>>43822455
>anal seepage

Got you covered.
>>
File: bloodborne-characters-jpg.jpg (123KB, 600x458px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne-characters-jpg.jpg
123KB, 600x458px
>>
>>43834919
What happened to djura's head?
>>
File: Blood Borne.jpg (62KB, 531x960px) Image search: [Google]
Blood Borne.jpg
62KB, 531x960px
>>
>>43824066
Amelia doesn't show much intelligence once she transforms. Or maybe she just wants to be left alone, who knows.
>>
>>43835103
The man defended beasts while people died. He never had much of a head anyway.
>>
>>43835225
>defended beasts while people died
You mean he defended frail madmen from blood thirsty savages right?
Djura did nothing wrong.
>>
>>43822740
Not sure if you're still following the thread but last anon you replied to.

When I said Ebrietas is a different story its kind of a weird one, for some reason or other I must've had a poorly constructed Ludwig build because it was near impossible.

When I tried fighting her with my threaded cane it was surprisingly easy. Can't say why but I imagine the range and the weapon speed (often got caught trying an extra Ludwig swing) helped.
>>
File: lady maria.jpg (67KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
lady maria.jpg
67KB, 800x450px
Make way for best bloodborne girl.

>fire
>blood
>fire AND blood
>fire AND blood tornadoes
>sweet voice and outfit
>related to the cainhurst nobility so impeccable breeding
>dedicated to protecting the victims of the churchs sins, going so far as to sacrifice herself to host the nightmare

How can you not love her?
>>
>>43835158
>every month

ha
>>
>>43836303
So she's the basis for the doll, right?
>>
>>43836337

Yes, in her outfit it talks about how she loved Gehrman. This, combined with her VA, likeness to the Doll, the fact the Doll talks about 'losing a great weight' after Maria dies and the pickup book Gehrman has in the dream greatly implies that Gehrman made the Doll after she disappeared to cope with losing his waifu
>>
>>43836303
>forgetting the fucking Darth Maul rapier
>>
File: Corvo_Attano_original_concepts2.jpg (215KB, 1600x881px) Image search: [Google]
Corvo_Attano_original_concepts2.jpg
215KB, 1600x881px
>>
File: 1442419486803.jpg (92KB, 1024x530px) Image search: [Google]
1442419486803.jpg
92KB, 1024x530px
>>
File: ludwigs_holy_blade.jpg (11KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
ludwigs_holy_blade.jpg
11KB, 250x251px
/BBG/ couldn't help me

need immediate advice on how to stop jizzing everywhere while Ludwig's holy blade part of the theme plays
>>
File: 1417176207588.jpg (162KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
1417176207588.jpg
162KB, 736x552px
>>
File: 1347868962563.jpg (84KB, 600x439px) Image search: [Google]
1347868962563.jpg
84KB, 600x439px
>>43836766
put a condom on and deal with the aftermath after the music stops.
>>
File: 1404707473469.jpg (56KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1404707473469.jpg
56KB, 640x960px
>>43823191
Late advice, but don't focus on the edge. Give all actions a reason; it doesn't have to be sane, or kind, or but at least try to write out a skeleton model of ideas for every action and event. Why is that woman screaming batshit mad while swinging around a cannon twice her size effortlessly? Why are all those dudes huddled by a fire and looking like they're ready to eat the eyes of the first thing that gets too close? If YOU have reference, you can make even the illogical seem believable, even if it's never explained to the players.

Second, tone down the fucking ultraviolence already. Of course there will be and should be violence, but REAL tension and ugly stuff comes from the FEAR of violence and torment. Have people be paranoid, busy, exhausted, verbally hostile and using defensive body language, and reluctant to explain anything for fear of what's going to happen to them. If the players need info and are getting frustrated, make sure they have some costly contact to fall back on. Or just make it clear that if the players choose to be violent and cruel instead, they can get what they want.

What's going to do the job, to put it most plainly, is actually investing time and thought into your work, and using restraint when it comes to the murder and madness. You have to have it be a constant *threat*, but not a constant occurrence.
>>
File: King In Yellow.jpg (163KB, 240x468px) Image search: [Google]
King In Yellow.jpg
163KB, 240x468px
>>43836823
the condom is brEAKING
>>
File: Hammer_sword_art.jpg (316KB, 1514x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Hammer_sword_art.jpg
316KB, 1514x2048px
>>43836823
This makes me sad we never got the proper Castlevania Origins game, with... think her name was Sophia Belmont or something? And she founds the whole bloodline. While Lament had a pretty hardcore origin for the vampire killer, and good music, the whole thing just felt anemic as hell.
>>
>>43832866
its real
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olestra
>Olestra (also known by its brand name Olean) is a fat substitute that adds no fat, calories, or cholesterol to products. It has been used in the preparation of otherwise high-fat foods such as potato crisps, thereby lowering or eliminating their fat content. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) originally approved olestra for use as a replacement for fats and oils in prepackaged ready-to-eat snacks in 1996
>Starting in 1996, an FDA-mandated health warning label read "This Product Contains Olestra. Olestra may cause abdominal cramping and loose stools (anal leakage). Olestra inhibits the absorption of some vitamins and other nutrients. Vitamins A, D, E, and K have been added".
>>
>>43837025
So it's even worse than actual fat. It actively PREVENTS nutrition absorption and destroys your bowels. Nice.
>>
>>43837083
but hey, it lets you eat junk food with less calories.
>>
>>43837101
thats why the church started on this whole blood thing?
>>
File: tumblr_nltb3flmwS1spo62lo1_1280.png (325KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nltb3flmwS1spo62lo1_1280.png
325KB, 1280x960px
>>
>>43837239
>Blud lite butter
>half the calories, all the great flavor
>>
File: Olestra.png (70KB, 658x395px) Image search: [Google]
Olestra.png
70KB, 658x395px
>>43837025
Olestra has a lot of victims.
>>
File: IMG_0043.jpg (217KB, 1266x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0043.jpg
217KB, 1266x630px
>>43837244
>>
File: IMG_0046.jpg (266KB, 764x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0046.jpg
266KB, 764x1080px
>>43837304
>>
File: 1442847345683.png (126KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1442847345683.png
126KB, 500x374px
>>43837266
Ok. Nevermind demons, blood, ancient curses, rites of horror, all of that. Toss it. Toss Bloodborne right out the window.

We're running a game where the PCs are in the middle of nowhere, they're lost, it's getting dark, they can hear stuff in the distance, and their only food is a 20-week supply of olestra-laden products.

And they didn't pack TP.
>>
>>43832866
>eats a whole can of pringles
>surprised when his arse leaks

Americans are truly the beasts.
>>
File: ayy lmao fuckers.jpg (428KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao fuckers.jpg
428KB, 1920x1080px
>>43825629
You tell me, did Quiet ever look like this?
>>
File: Bloodborneâ„¢_20151125135022.jpg (371KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborneâ„¢_20151125135022.jpg
371KB, 1920x1080px
I honestly hope they make a sequel or something within the same universe

I have such a great love for Bloodborne
>>
File: 1431922864548.jpg (225KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1431922864548.jpg
225KB, 800x533px
Post yfw Kosmfags got their shit name BTFO
>>
File: b1e.png (412KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
b1e.png
412KB, 680x383px
>>43838128
Haha! Proper Translations!
>>
Just wanted to say that Strike! has pretty good rules for the "scavange/route/sneak" phase of a bloodborne/souls game in the form of team challenges, even if you discard the rest of the rules.

Basically, each "challenge" has an advance and a defense value. Challenges can be stuff like getting from point A to point B, but finding X item could be also a challenge (or part of going from A to B). Advance shows how perilous doing that stuff is, defense shows how much time/how many attempts it takes.

It comes down to the team making an advance and a defense roll themselves, and comparing it to the challenge. But before doing that, each member of the team can choose what they do in order to overcome the challenge.
>>
File: tcrules.png (103KB, 745x422px) Image search: [Google]
tcrules.png
103KB, 745x422px
>>43838181
Forgot screencap
>>
File: Never give up.png (400KB, 650x750px) Image search: [Google]
Never give up.png
400KB, 650x750px
>>43838172
It's a shame they confirmed that it was Kos, now a lot of the art with the Kos(m) pun is useless.
>>
>>43825629
Such a lust for Joost
>>
>>43838189
Maybe Kosm was her full name and she just preferred to be called Kos as an abbreviation?
So some say Kosm because they're dicks who, upon being told that yeah, her name was Kosm, but they could call her Kos, decided to call her Kosm anyway.
>>
>>43838101
>I honestly hope they make a sequel or something within the same universe
you haven't heard?
http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/The+Old+Hunters

I wish they would port it to PC so I could play it.
... and make it a good port too.
>>
>>43838181
Oh my god, someone else who plays Strike. There are dozens of us! Dozens!
>>
>>43838424
Never ever etc. But honestly I'm kind of sad it's only on PS4, there's a lot of modding potential for this game. Even more so if they released the dev tools as well.
>>
File: ddbd2a8d0954ec28a25d961dc883f786.jpg (714KB, 898x1063px) Image search: [Google]
ddbd2a8d0954ec28a25d961dc883f786.jpg
714KB, 898x1063px
>>43838181
>>43838187

I am an avid Strike! GM and I very much like team conflicts, although the rules for such have been virtually impossible to teach to players.

This is perhaps due to the fact that while the rules for team conflicts make for a very entertaining and surprisingly well-balanced and mathematically sound minigame, the mechanics are so disconnected from in-game actions and consequences that players cannot grasp them very easily.
>>
>>43838450
>Never ever etc.
kinda like halo?
>>
>>43838463

Halo is owned by microsoft, a massive name in the PC marketplace. Sony has no reason to port it to PC, at all
>>
So what if I'm at a lvl 127 NG+++?
Dlc ramp up by every ng? Or what?
>>
>bloodborne is done
>dark souls 3 will be the last souls game

Please From, please, make a Hellsing game with even faster combat.
>>
>>43838461
It felt logical to me, but then again I do not mind abstractions.
>>
>>43825085

Thats nice, man. Very solid ideas.

Id love to play with serious guys like you and some folk here. All my life ive only played with goofy retarded
>>
File: 1315969289674.jpg (287KB, 748x748px) Image search: [Google]
1315969289674.jpg
287KB, 748x748px
>dat thread

You guys are awesome.
>>
>>43822433
>different gods give different effects and side effekts.
>>
>>43838128
>>43838172
>>43838189
The difference between Kos and Kosm is like the difference between Cthulhu and Kathooloo. How "kos vs kosm" is even a dispute?
>>
>>43838861
Because of Micolash Cage confusing everyone.
>>
File: 1341614071755.jpg (178KB, 1432x800px) Image search: [Google]
1341614071755.jpg
178KB, 1432x800px
>>43836935
this is good advice.
I will keep it for >>43822726

>>43837388
2spoopy4me

>>43838101
sony may demand it and they'll get a repeat of Dark Souls2; where From Software puts the B-Team on it while the A-Team works on something else...

>>43838181
>>43838461
rulebook?
resources link?

>>43838424
>... and make it a good port too.
thats funny...

>>43838577
>Dlc ramp up by every ng? Or what?
it apparently ramps EVERYTHING up in in ALL GAME MODES.

>>43838632
>Please From, please, make a Hellsing game with even faster combat.
I'm actually holding out for a Sci-Fi game from them...just wondering how they'd execute such a thing...

>>43838698
same here sadly enough; BloodBrew is likely to just go in a file when I finish it and never get used...

>>43838828
I was gonna implement that actually...but I only have a couple of them with clear mini-quests.
>>
>>43839771
>I'm actually holding out for a Sci-Fi game from them
Something with the atmosphere from Dead Space would be cool.
>>
>>43839987
A Souls styled game but with techy bits? What would the overall badness in spess? Ayyylmao is not valid because of bloodborne
>>
>>43838424
>one of the only few PS4 exclusive games
>one of the only few PS4 games worth having aside from Nier 2 in my opinion

PC port is never going to happen, as much as I wish it would. Sony is going to hold onto it like it was their mother. I still wish for a PC port and HD Remaster of Demon's Souls with the Sixth Archstone added.
>>
>>43840034
Reuse some parts of Bloodborne's lore, probably Old Ones and Nightmare hosts can exist in different universes.
>>
>>43840034
Ever read Blame?
It has a lot of similarities with a souls-like setting.
Ruins of once-grand civilization
Populations descending into madness and becoming something inhuman

The author is also a fan of souls, a collaboration between him and fromsoft could be really cool.
>>
>>43840454
that is so legit hype i cannot stand it
>>
>>43822462
>>43822639
He was kinda tough but probably would have been easier if I was using a faster weapon than the Hunter's Axe. That being said, he wasn't too bad, and the only bosses that were legitimately a problem for me were the Blood-Starved Beast and the Shadows of Yharnam.

>>43822713
Amygdala gets wrecked with the Hunter Axe and other weapons that can swing high enough to hit her legs and crotch, at least in my experience. Just park yourself under her hips, and for the most part she can't hit you.
>>
>>43840034
My dream Souls style game is set in a fallen future utopia. Most humans are dead and the world is populated mostly by old robots, most of which have gone insane via some sort of corrupt A.I. madness. You play as one of the saner robots.
>>
>>43826584
Yeah, I couldn't actually bring myself to fight Ebrietas because she didn't do anything wrong. I just sat around next to her and Made Contact and stuff, hoping there was a way to revive the Vileblood Queen without beating up the only Old One that just wanted to help humanity out. I never did realize that she was facing towards the alter and not away from it until I saw a video of someone else fighting her and realized I'd been sitting under and making contact with her ass end the whole time.
>>
>read this thread
>apparently there are eldritch monster gods that dindu nuffin

The fuck kind of setting is Bloodborne?

Where do these Great Ones even come from?
>>
>>43841787
They're like weird animals. They're sentient but they barely understand what's going on around them. At least from what I can get out of the lore.

I think they're from space? But maybe another dimension. Couldn't say for sure.
>>
>>43840038
>Demon's Souls with the Sixth Archstone added.
I'm progressing slowly through Demons souls(on pause because bloodborne), and even I want more of it.
>>
>>43841646
>Problems with Trying to date Eldritch Horrors
>>
>>43841787
Well, apparently dreams are actually a different dimension. Great Ones live there.
>>
>>43841787
If I remember right, they think they can turn humans into a kind of child-race since they themselves can't have children without things going horribly wrong.
>>
>>43840454
>Ever read Blame?
nope, beyond setting, what manner of plot can I expect?

>>43841491
>I was using a faster weapon than the Hunter's Axe
the blades of mercy is what finally got him on my run. alternate to the threaded cane for taking his sword out whenever he'd plant it in the ground.

>>43841568
>most of which have gone insane via some sort of corrupt A.I. madness. You play as one of the saner robots.
maybe even going the Rage or Fallout version. where you start by waking up the only survivor of a cryonic pod failure. everything outside is as clean as the world in Mirrors edge, because robots doing the maintenance.

isolated and alone in a sanitary world...creepy just to imagine it...

>>43841787
a little bit of The Call of Cthulhu, with a dash of At the Mountains of Madness.
>>
>>43842122
>what manner of plot can I expect?
The plot itself isn't super involved, there's a fella named Killy who is looking for a pure, not genetically modified human in order to access the mcguffin.
>>
>>43842122
go read Blame! it's unique in a good way.
>>
>>43841491
>Hitting amygdalas hips
That shit damage tho
I just axed her arms a few questions
>>
>>43842981
Well, it's been a while since I did that fight, but if I remember right, catching just the right spot on the hips would deal full damage since the arc of the weapon swing goes high enough. Aside from that, I think I wailed on the legs too, you can make them bleed in a similar manner as her arms and then really lay into her with the axe's charged heavy attack.

Really though, it's mostly a matter of patience. You usually won't get full damage with your attacks, but Amygdala's health is low enough that you'll eventually down her despite that. It's pretty easy to stay safe if you remain there, so it only took me a few tries.

I thought the fight with her was way easier than actually fighting my way through the Nightmare Frontier itself.
>>
Amygdala was so easy for me. You just stay under him and hit his legs with fire paper OR I also beat him just by shooting him in his head over and over on my bloodtinge char with Evelyn
>>
>>43822765
She looks fine, just tell her to use dog shampoo from now on and don't give her any chocolate.
>>
File: 1442420145972.jpg (134KB, 1024x1325px) Image search: [Google]
1442420145972.jpg
134KB, 1024x1325px
>>
File: 1419059153734.png (3MB, 1242x1756px) Image search: [Google]
1419059153734.png
3MB, 1242x1756px
I have so much art for this, will post. Will dump on request.
>>
>>43845306
Please dump it
>>
File: 1367950372741.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1367950372741.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>43845306
>>
>>43845306
DO IT, I need more anyway.
>>
File: 1431312652648.jpg (80KB, 600x851px) Image search: [Google]
1431312652648.jpg
80KB, 600x851px
>>43845318>>43845328

can do
>>43845321
>>
File: 1424907105251.jpg (68KB, 752x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1424907105251.jpg
68KB, 752x1200px
>>43845342
>>
File: 1419059325649.jpg (61KB, 900x454px) Image search: [Google]
1419059325649.jpg
61KB, 900x454px
>>43845351
>>
File: Eyes on the inside.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Eyes on the inside.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>43822660
>>
File: 1447715062044.jpg (552KB, 1988x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1447715062044.jpg
552KB, 1988x3000px
>>43845369
>>
File: 1446906417990.jpg (91KB, 620x427px) Image search: [Google]
1446906417990.jpg
91KB, 620x427px
>>43845387
>>
File: 1410945675346.jpg (537KB, 1538x851px) Image search: [Google]
1410945675346.jpg
537KB, 1538x851px
>>43845403
>>
File: 1434850897958.jpg (122KB, 620x468px) Image search: [Google]
1434850897958.jpg
122KB, 620x468px
>>43845410
>>
File: 1447709183990.jpg (229KB, 636x900px) Image search: [Google]
1447709183990.jpg
229KB, 636x900px
>>43845418
>>
File: 1435695770396.jpg (75KB, 428x554px) Image search: [Google]
1435695770396.jpg
75KB, 428x554px
>>43845441
>>
File: 1445623743668.jpg (149KB, 389x778px) Image search: [Google]
1445623743668.jpg
149KB, 389x778px
>>43845456
>>
File: 1417824254433.png (322KB, 339x454px) Image search: [Google]
1417824254433.png
322KB, 339x454px
>>43845477
>>
File: 1433714710192.jpg (122KB, 598x765px) Image search: [Google]
1433714710192.jpg
122KB, 598x765px
>>43845489
some monsters I'm going to use from my own game like this.
>>
File: 1435901675337.jpg (89KB, 500x712px) Image search: [Google]
1435901675337.jpg
89KB, 500x712px
>>43845507
>>
File: 1437366398910.jpg (99KB, 652x708px) Image search: [Google]
1437366398910.jpg
99KB, 652x708px
>>43845523
>>
File: 1437366302216.jpg (593KB, 789x554px) Image search: [Google]
1437366302216.jpg
593KB, 789x554px
>>43845538
>>
File: 1435690075694.jpg (578KB, 723x1159px) Image search: [Google]
1435690075694.jpg
578KB, 723x1159px
>>43845559
some items
>>
File: 1430655670238.jpg (296KB, 900x590px) Image search: [Google]
1430655670238.jpg
296KB, 900x590px
>>43845582
>>
File: 1435693783351.jpg (31KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1435693783351.jpg
31KB, 500x500px
>>43845605
>>
File: 1435694751603.jpg (164KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
1435694751603.jpg
164KB, 800x640px
>>43845632
>>
File: 1423906662245.jpg (126KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1423906662245.jpg
126KB, 1000x800px
>>43845658
>>
File: 1430154465106.jpg (743KB, 769x900px) Image search: [Google]
1430154465106.jpg
743KB, 769x900px
>>43845690
>>
File: 1413809402295.jpg (91KB, 704x515px) Image search: [Google]
1413809402295.jpg
91KB, 704x515px
>>43845714
>>
File: 1427337402545.jpg (103KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1427337402545.jpg
103KB, 1024x1024px
>>43845766
>>
File: 1417633564972.jpg (119KB, 800x1416px) Image search: [Google]
1417633564972.jpg
119KB, 800x1416px
>>43845779
>>
File: 1423477772801.jpg (60KB, 736x1041px) Image search: [Google]
1423477772801.jpg
60KB, 736x1041px
>>43845845
>>
File: 1417849935478.jpg (504KB, 1260x885px) Image search: [Google]
1417849935478.jpg
504KB, 1260x885px
>>43845858
>>
File: 1421894151450.jpg (149KB, 692x594px) Image search: [Google]
1421894151450.jpg
149KB, 692x594px
>>43846137
>>
File: 1413335547408.png (477KB, 505x675px) Image search: [Google]
1413335547408.png
477KB, 505x675px
>>43846157
>>
File: 1445603437280.jpg (157KB, 800x1088px) Image search: [Google]
1445603437280.jpg
157KB, 800x1088px
>>43846174
>>
File: 1418273784034.jpg (81KB, 547x800px) Image search: [Google]
1418273784034.jpg
81KB, 547x800px
>>43846185
>>
File: 1421124229615.jpg (124KB, 474x1005px) Image search: [Google]
1421124229615.jpg
124KB, 474x1005px
>>43846220
>>
File: 1418003940484.jpg (279KB, 526x781px) Image search: [Google]
1418003940484.jpg
279KB, 526x781px
>>43846279
>>
File: 1412301462741.jpg (158KB, 900x1357px) Image search: [Google]
1412301462741.jpg
158KB, 900x1357px
>>43846412
>>
File: 1432313639689.jpg (472KB, 842x596px) Image search: [Google]
1432313639689.jpg
472KB, 842x596px
>>43846527
>>
File: 1418964068609.jpg (129KB, 1158x689px) Image search: [Google]
1418964068609.jpg
129KB, 1158x689px
>>43846537
>>
File: 1435689983046.jpg (356KB, 800x529px) Image search: [Google]
1435689983046.jpg
356KB, 800x529px
>>43846561
>>
File: 1419319644818.jpg (109KB, 560x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1419319644818.jpg
109KB, 560x1000px
>>43846576
>>
File: 1421182689239.png (363KB, 666x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1421182689239.png
363KB, 666x1000px
>>43846625
>>
File: 1424741660752.jpg (245KB, 564x700px) Image search: [Google]
1424741660752.jpg
245KB, 564x700px
>>43846633
>>
File: 1437365379648.jpg (232KB, 1000x789px) Image search: [Google]
1437365379648.jpg
232KB, 1000x789px
>>43846644
>>
>>43846633
>>43846644
Do you have any more plague doctor related pictures? I love their aesthetic.
>>
File: 1448413645304.jpg (178KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
1448413645304.jpg
178KB, 680x510px
>>43846654
>>
File: 1447169890690.jpg (396KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
1447169890690.jpg
396KB, 800x1131px
>>43846687
Not in my folder where things are organized. if I find anymore I'll post them.

>>43846691
>>
File: 1424382182294.jpg (76KB, 736x1169px) Image search: [Google]
1424382182294.jpg
76KB, 736x1169px
>>43846687
>>43846771
closest thing I have left.
>>
File: 1448409538246.jpg (296KB, 1430x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1448409538246.jpg
296KB, 1430x1300px
>>43846788
>>
File: lurvona1.jpg (587KB, 826x723px) Image search: [Google]
lurvona1.jpg
587KB, 826x723px
>>43846798
>>
File: orthian military.jpg (505KB, 700x607px) Image search: [Google]
orthian military.jpg
505KB, 700x607px
>>43846817
>>
File: guns4.jpg (1MB, 776x961px) Image search: [Google]
guns4.jpg
1MB, 776x961px
>>43846848
>>
File: orthian military2.jpg (374KB, 570x800px) Image search: [Google]
orthian military2.jpg
374KB, 570x800px
>>43846861
>>
File: 1369194223489.jpg (2MB, 1450x2100px) Image search: [Google]
1369194223489.jpg
2MB, 1450x2100px
>>43846871
>>
so in the Bloodborne inspired setting I'm building I gave the world 5 archetypal gods; Hunter, Warrior, Smith, Farmer, Order; they're actually old ones that decided not to hibernate and took up being living gods as a hobby

I have ideas for NPC granted blessings for 3 of them(warrior(combat bonus to-hit and to-wound), hunter(accuracy bonus to ranged combat of any type), and order(boost any stat by 1 point free))

what blessings or small boons could I give for the farmer or the smith?

I've got "magic" ironed out for the setting with abstract conceptual elements stolen from the AdMech(40k) and from my understanding of how tech works in the Marvel universe for asguardians.
>>
File: 1435887099470.jpg (143KB, 769x1039px) Image search: [Google]
1435887099470.jpg
143KB, 769x1039px
>>43846908
>>
File: 1448147859640.jpg (154KB, 585x900px) Image search: [Google]
1448147859640.jpg
154KB, 585x900px
>>43846927
>>
File: 1448531454907.jpg (67KB, 539x904px) Image search: [Google]
1448531454907.jpg
67KB, 539x904px
>>43846944
>>
File: 1433721331613.jpg (138KB, 695x950px) Image search: [Google]
1433721331613.jpg
138KB, 695x950px
>>43846960
>>
File: 1437365240491.jpg (416KB, 701x900px) Image search: [Google]
1437365240491.jpg
416KB, 701x900px
>>43846970
>>
File: 1445813098717.jpg (111KB, 745x969px) Image search: [Google]
1445813098717.jpg
111KB, 745x969px
>>43847028
>>
File: 1439681196751.jpg (44KB, 582x753px) Image search: [Google]
1439681196751.jpg
44KB, 582x753px
>>43847041
>>
File: 1439681256978.jpg (62KB, 460x753px) Image search: [Google]
1439681256978.jpg
62KB, 460x753px
>>43847058
>>
File: 1439681317763.jpg (41KB, 498x753px) Image search: [Google]
1439681317763.jpg
41KB, 498x753px
>>43847073
>>
File: 1438908357333.jpg (244KB, 1600x1131px) Image search: [Google]
1438908357333.jpg
244KB, 1600x1131px
>>43847092
>>
File: dryad2.jpg (872KB, 1126x823px) Image search: [Google]
dryad2.jpg
872KB, 1126x823px
>>43847113
>>
>>43846917
Smith: Bonus fire damage on hit?
Farmer: Regeneration 1?
>>
File: 1410925610091.jpg (139KB, 640x823px) Image search: [Google]
1410925610091.jpg
139KB, 640x823px
>>43847127
>>
File: image.jpg (332KB, 850x1135px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
332KB, 850x1135px
>>43846917
Farmer bonus to rally coz they reap uh blood

Smith swap any bloodstone slot with a different one
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 438x624px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 438x624px
Maybe to represent the rally mechanic, in 5e you get an action, bonus action, and reaction every round, howbout when you hit someone who hit you last turn, you can use your reaction to regain some number of hit points? It could be worked into a different system but 5e is what I'm playing currently so that's what I have on the mind. Like any other action resource could be worked in.

Also I just got the DLC today so far it's really good x_x I was so sad bloodborne ended so I'm really glad there's some more bosses and hunters to fight.

But the current character I'm playing is skill/bloodtinge so there's not very many new weapons for me. Time to make a strength toon I guess.

Also bummer that I'll probably never get to play a bloodborne style campaign. My DM currently is thus far pretty vanilla, which is cool coz it's everyone's first time in 5e. But I'm definitely super hyped currently on bloodborne.
>>
File: 1447010139646.jpg (123KB, 696x1147px) Image search: [Google]
1447010139646.jpg
123KB, 696x1147px
>>43847160
>>
File: 1421171659529.jpg (90KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
1421171659529.jpg
90KB, 500x625px
>>43847641
>>
File: 1430515566542.jpg (58KB, 573x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1430515566542.jpg
58KB, 573x1000px
>>43847778
>>
File: 1437369161053.jpg (127KB, 532x847px) Image search: [Google]
1437369161053.jpg
127KB, 532x847px
>>43847786
>>
File: 1445778435444.jpg (67KB, 680x800px) Image search: [Google]
1445778435444.jpg
67KB, 680x800px
>>43847957
>>
File: 1441683643462.jpg (176KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1441683643462.jpg
176KB, 900x1350px
>>43848063
>>
File: 1448474447348.jpg (349KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
1448474447348.jpg
349KB, 675x900px
>>43848125
>>
>>43828619
>understoodthatreference.jpg
>>
File: 1418622666871.jpg (64KB, 480x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1418622666871.jpg
64KB, 480x1000px
>>43848360
>>
File: 1418274939908.jpg (202KB, 518x992px) Image search: [Google]
1418274939908.jpg
202KB, 518x992px
>>43848540
>>
File: 1429301492465.png (262KB, 392x719px) Image search: [Google]
1429301492465.png
262KB, 392x719px
>>43848611
>>
File: 1423979795417.jpg (1MB, 760x1010px) Image search: [Google]
1423979795417.jpg
1MB, 760x1010px
>>43848631
>>
File: 1446652546161.jpg (445KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1446652546161.jpg
445KB, 2560x1600px
>>43848661
>>
File: 1448600659852.png (1MB, 990x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1448600659852.png
1MB, 990x1400px
>>43848782
>>
File: 1441002637939.jpg (272KB, 1359x770px) Image search: [Google]
1441002637939.jpg
272KB, 1359x770px
>>43848816
>>
So after playing the game and checking some lore, it seems like the organizations involved with the blood could be divided into those who viewed the blood as something that required reverence to master, and those who feared the blood and sought to research a way to control it. The former group resulted in beasts, the latter the human/kin hybrids.

So, it looks like both groups failed because they each took an extreme instead of finding a common ground.

While it looks like schools like Mensis/Byrgenwerth were on the right track, they failed to understand that the great ones were an existence that humanity could fundamentally not understand. In an ironic twist, nearly every scholar who came close to ascension lost their ability to think, like Rom. Many of the kin hybrids have bulbous heads and very little strength and in some cases "eyes on the inside" in a literal interpretation of insight. The schools were too by the books on something that could not be trifled with.

The Church embraced more ignorance in the nature of the blood, and so beasts usually are at least grounded in something terrestrial/familiar, as if they were alien the nature of the blood would be reflected despite the mutant's ignorance.

The player can ascend because they find a balance in these ideologies. Through consumption of the umbilical cords they attain a very thorough insight of the Great Ones, and through slaying of their nightmares and moon presence, they are able to go beyond human understanding and almost embrace the inherent "madness" of the celestial beings. The player gained knowledge, but held understanding that there were things greater than them that they could not comprehend, and accepted that, which was the perfect combo needed for them to ascend with the use of the blood and umbilical cords. The final slaying of the Moon Presence solidified their will and gave them a neat little p[lace to mature from a slugling. bam, blood problem solved if we all learn from each other.
>>
File: 1281314026925.jpg (160KB, 647x864px) Image search: [Google]
1281314026925.jpg
160KB, 647x864px
>>43849647
You know, I understand that the basis of the Mythos is meant to be so overwhelming and encompassing of absolute knowledge that it obliterates thought, but I also like the newer schools of thought in the same horror vein.

In the sense that there is still madness and dementia and inhumanity, but it recognizes that the human mind isn't THAT frail to the point that someone enjoying the material isn't insulted by how kuh-razee everyone shits themselves just because they saw a giant bowl of jello with 16 eyes. Which leads me to an appreciation for a sort of 'neutral' end, the kind Bloodborne offers, where ultimate insight and ascension into the Mythos doesn't mean you suddenly become some murderous idiot or gibbering suicidal in a craze ward. Maybe you'll have a harder time relating, but that doesn't preclude some mercy and rationality.

I guess my point is that Bloodborne is one of the few times I've seen Mythos-style material done in an enjoyable way that wasn't ridiculously heavy handed or yawn-inducing from a slavish reliance on genre concepts. It blended styles appealingly and kept it properly ambiguous and creepy.
>>
>>43849647
>>43850106

actually a spoiler:

why did the player have a cainhurst summons with their name on it? i mean, you find one where you wake up in the beginning, later on, and it "mysteriously has your name on it", which kind of implies to me that you forgot it there when you woke up. doesn't that imply you were trying to make their way to cainhurst?

also isn't it implied that arianna is the true queen of cainhurst, becuase annalise was supposed to have an old one child, and arianna has it, and people make a big deal about a portrait that looks kind of like arianna in the castle?

were you, the player, sent to find arianna and bring her back to cainhurst? or what? was that the whole reason you went to yharnam in the first place? but having a "summons" implies that cainhurst isnt your home, so that cant be it.

did gernham just orchestrate that for some reason? but his whole game doesn't seem to be orchestration so much as just allowance. in fact, once you get to close to the truth, he tries to kill you. which is confusing to me, because he offers it to you first as a good choice, and then when you refuse he attacks you.

idk lots of questions, but i dont get why we have the summons in our name
>>
File: 1448564876354.png (3MB, 1850x2850px) Image search: [Google]
1448564876354.png
3MB, 1850x2850px
>>
>>43850683

Gehrman doesn't kill you because you come close to the truth. His inital question is one that Eileen, similarly, faced and Djura. He offers you a way out of the dream at last, which will finally kill you -- instead of dying and returning to the dream, you die for real.

In a way, by killing him and taking his place [or becoming a Great One], you are freeing him from the dream he's spent so long within, which, while he doesn't appear to regret, is something he is somewhat happy about, with his death.

That said, the Cainhurst Summons is something I'm unsure of. There's a possibility it is simply a forgetful you, but I don't buy that.
>>
>>43848816
>Mom, I got dubs!
>>
>>43850683
Gerhman gives you that offer to free you from the nightmare and be back in reality, it truly was mercy upon refusing, he logically thinks only a madman who'd succumbed to the bloodlust would deny such a smoking hot deal.
You can't have mad hunters running loose, so he tries to forcibly eject you from the dream, there's no real logical flaws or stupid double backs during that whole game.

I believe the summons if from the real cainhurst which may be less nutty and vampiric so it would be more rational stuff that took you there such as just nobles wanting to make you a pawn rather than undying queens.
>>
>>43851647
Thanks spoiler button, you work great!
>>
>>43851705

Just use the ctrl+s hotkey. it's second nature to me now and auto-gives you the accurate spoiler code.

it may be the lazy way to do it but i'd rather be sure my shit is spoiled than risk potential 'wow, thanks faggot' posts.
>>
>>43848816
>ITS WINTER LANTERN TIME!
>NO MOM NO!
>>
>>43849647
My assumption on the ascension was similar but less based in philosophy. Both the Church and the Schools have a tendancy to go nutty with one of the two things, Insight or Blood. My thought is that you need the Insight to think as a Great One but also to have a strong enough brain to handle it via the Blood.
>>
>>43847127
You have to wonder if the dryads have anything to say about whats going down in the background.
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 125

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.