[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /tg/ in my setting there is a carnivorous sentient race,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 16

File: Beastman.jpg (148KB, 796x672px) Image search: [Google]
Beastman.jpg
148KB, 796x672px
Hey /tg/ in my setting there is a carnivorous sentient race, what can they use as travel rations? is there something that can be made with meat besides salting?
>>
>>43793085
Smoked/Dried meat/fish or jerky would be the most obvious solution. Also frequently used in real life.
>>
>>43793085
Jerky/dried meat?
>>
>besides salting
jerky is salted and dried meat.

>>43793122
>>43793114
>>
>>43793173
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dried_meat
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_smoked_foods
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dried_foods

Common, but definitely not necessary.
>>
>>43793173
You can make like a burger/patty out of dried/smoked meat.

Just seems more carnivorous than jerky.
>>
>>43793173
Not much they could do outside of magic, as even some dehydration processes use salt to help preserve the meat.

They could smoke the meat without salt but it is going to last less than 3 days if any environment where it is not cold enough to fend off bacteria growth/spoilage.
>>
File: 3r67uly1qb2kz6o1.png (2MB, 868x1228px) Image search: [Google]
3r67uly1qb2kz6o1.png
2MB, 868x1228px
>>43793085
>Hey /tg/ in my setting there is a carnivorous sentient race, what can they use as travel rations?
You'll want to look into pemmican.
>>
>>43793255
>>43793231
>>43793229
>besides salting
all this guys like "HEY LOOK AT THIS DRIED FOOD MADE WITH SALT"
an then came this anon >>43793261 and saves everything, fucking thank you, this looks like bread made with fat and meat
>>
>>43793255
>They could smoke the meat without salt but it is going to last less than 3 days if any environment where it is not cold enough to fend off bacteria growth/spoilage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borts
It just needs to be dry
>>
>>43793313
Oh, go fuck yourself canadian.
>>
Why don't they just carry around prisoners/some sort of herbivore and kill them when needed?
I remember hearing that boats at sea used to do a similar thing with seaturtles. They'd keep them alive and tied down since it takes a while for a turtle to starve, and kill when needed.
>>
>>43793313
>Not reading everything from >>43793229 and then saying it's not there
Holy fuck you're dense
>>
>>43793261
Pemmican is a staple of olde timey Americana. There are large events named after it. It was basically a traveling hunting and canning industry that could harvest entire herds within weeks. And although too fatty for today's diets, it used to be just the thing for a hard worker out in the open. You crave that shit after a few days.

Blood pudding is also great. Dice some fat into the salted blood, fill into skins and boil. Last forever if you dry or smoke it, also improves the taste significantly. Then fry it up with some eggs for a superb meal.
>>
>>43793355
But anon, living beings have salt in them.
>>
Tallow. Render animal fat down until it's solid; it's incredibly dense in calories.

Also, most carnivores can eat boiled grains. Dogs are perfectly fine with a large percentage of their diet being oats or rice, for example.
>>
>>43793348
i'm from a hotter place

>>43793371
it's lots of things, i still reading, but smoked meat usually wont last much if not dried using salt.

>>43793355
this looks good too

>>43793402
i was not talking about "hur this do have salt" i was asking for something that the preserving method wasn't puting salt in it until it became as dry as my wife
>>
>>43793451
>it's lots of things, i still reading
That's fine, but don't say it's not there
>>
No cell can function without salts. Osmotic pressure is a fundamental functionality of our microbiology. Humans have traded salt before they traded grains. It is so essential to life, animals know where to find it and travel hundreds of miles to reach a spot of salty deposits.

Salt has always been essential to life and if you're looking for things to artificially remove in order to spice up your setting, salt is close to water, air, or plants. It is extreme.
>>
>>43793444
>Tallow
thank you

>most carnivores can eat boiled grains
i didn't know that, my minotaurs only farm for feeding their animals

>>43793477
sorry, it was a precipitated reaction because of the names
>Dried_meat
>List_of_smoked_foods
>List_of_dried_foods
>>
>>43793490
I dont think he is saying that salt doesnt exist or his carnivores dont need it, just that he wants to learn of other preservation methods
>>
If you are a carnivore, you wont eat much and you would probably prefer to hunt and stick your nose up to long dead food.

You would also go for huge amounts of meat before you head out and then look for a new source some week to week and a half later.
>>
>>43793515
Just because it doesn't kill them doesn't mean they wouldn't prefer meat every time. Just look at how much meat we modern humans gobble down, it's completely unnatural, and killing us. And we're omnivores.
>>
>>43793085
Depends. What transportation are we talking?

Going across a desert in not!arabia? Lots of camels. Kill one every now and then, arrive with just enough camels to hold your shit.
Ocean voyage? Live giatn tortoises. put them on their back. Stack 'em up. Kill them as needed for meat. They store water in them too.

Basically, if you have vehicles, put animals in them. If you're riding animals, take more animals.
Animals are literally the perfect preservation method for meat.
>>
>>43793546
Everything kills fucking humans. Gravity, air, food, friction, our own brains. Meat is no more dangerous than other food sources. If you prepared vegetable matter like we did meat, it would kill us at the same rate.
>>
>>43793490
salt do exist. as this >>43793519 said i'm just seaching for other methods

>>43793523
they learned farming and herding from other races

>>43793546
yeah, but still a decent filler for poor "people" table and travel rations

>>43793581
long dungeon crawls, not!tropicalamerica and places where animals can't go, for the other places they usually use carry animals
>>43793607
i think he was talking metaphorically
>>
>>43793634
Why would a carnivore race learn farming and herding from other races and not take up the habit of carrying around smaller herd animals to consume when they go off places?
>>
You can preserve meat just like cheese, by removing as much water as possible before random bacteria multiply and contaminating it with less harmful and even tasty bacteria and yeasts in the interim.

Air dried salami has a distinct white mold layer. Quality meat cuts are stored for weeks in climate controlled rooms before they're prepared. Enzymes in the muscles tenderize the fiber.

You don't have to salt everything to cell-death in order to preserve meat. It gets trickier without, but also better tasting. And what we call meat preserving salt today doesn't just remove water, but also places nitrites and -trates in the preserve to ward off botulism.
>>
>>43793659
>long dungeon crawls, not!tropicalamerica and places where animals can't go, for the other places they usually use carry animals

can't you read?
>>
Confee is storing something in fat.... cookery term but also works for long term.

That icelandic rotten shark.

Or live mice in a bag.
>>
>>43793085
How about the hunt during long travels?
>>
>>43793780
what about places where you can't hunt and when you don't want depend on finding something to kill? or just don't knowing how to hunt

>>43793731
>Confee
google don't give me anything but refrigerators
>>
Some polar explorer, let's say Amundsen because WTH, had an ingenious concept for logistics: mules and dog sleds. As the journey grew longer and became more challenging, supplies dwindled. Animals died, became dog food, and in a pinch also dinner. They started the final leg with 52 dogs and returned with 11.
>>
File: d69021f8671e5d4b793d67155a3d418e.png (866KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
d69021f8671e5d4b793d67155a3d418e.png
866KB, 707x1000px
>>43793313
>fucking thank you, this looks like bread made with fat and meat
It's less bread and more a Pâté or sausage, if anything. You're welcome though.
>>43793399
>And although too fatty for today's diets
This is why I love me some Keto dieting, though giving up bread is its own type of hell.
>You crave that shit after a few days.
Not quite a construction worker, but my old job involved a lot of manual labour for 12 hours or so. My diet ended up pretty much FAT. PROTEIN. WATER. FRUIT.
>>
Canned meat. Tuna in brine.
>>
Live snails, bags full of crickets
>>
>>43793842
>Amundsen
This would have been the one-stop-shop for this thread, apparently.
> Although the true cause of the disease, vitamin C deficiency, was not understood at the time, it was generally known that the disease could be countered by eating fresh meat.[58] To neutralise the danger, Amundsen planned to supplement sledging rations with regular helpings of seal meat.[59] He also ordered a special kind of pemmican which included vegetables and oatmeal: "a more stimulating, nourishing and appetising food it would be impossible to find".[60] The expedition was well supplied with wines and spirits, for use as medicine and on festive or social occasions.
>>
>>43793399
>Blood pudding
holy fuck, how have i forget about it? thank you, here it is called "Chouriço"
>>43793876
insects, this can work.
>>
>>43793731
Confit

In meat cooking this requires the meat to be salted as part of the preservation process. After salting and cooking in the fat, sealed and stored in a cool, dark place, confit can last for several months or years. Confit is one of the oldest ways to preserve food,[citation needed] and is a specialty of southwestern France

>salted
Ayy lmao
>>
>travel rations

Slaves. living creatures. herds of livestock.
>>
>>43793922
It's the protein of the future. You can store eggs for a long time and activate growth with climate conditions. They are easy to manage and survive rough conditions and cramped artificial spaces much better than higher vertebrates. They reproduce with huge numbers and mature very quickly. They aren't picky about food and only really suffer from specific poisons or wrong conditions. With a bit of power you can farm them in a cellar, or on a space station. And their nutritional value has most other protein sources beat by magnitudes.

I'm looking forward to bug burgers.
>>
>>43793085
If they're entirely carnivorous, could they have evolved to be more resistant to eating spoiled meat? Certain carnivorous species, like leopards, can eat meat at pretty much any state. Depending on how savage you want your race to be, they could just sling whole game over their shoulders and tear chunks off throughout their journey.
>>
>>43793451

Most preserved meats need to be dried. You could confit something, or make rillettes, but that will require pretty sanitary preparation if you want it to last, and won't do well in heat. Moisture and warmth are the enemy of preservation, any meat that's still wet, or gets wet, will rot. Salt draws out moisture, and kills bacteria. From a traveller's point of view lugging around a load of wet meat is a hassle. From a practical point of view you'd want to dehydrate the ever-living fuck out of it, and then rehydrate in the pot with some water from a stream when it's time to eat. This is what Mongolians do, and it allows you to shrink down a cow's worth of meat into something a fraction of the size and weight.

Also, don't be a demanding arse. All of this stuff is easy to find on Google, nobody here is under any obligation to help you out. People are telling you about salting and drying because that's how you preserve meat. Don't like it? Then come up with a race that eats something else.
>>
>>43793958
op here, salted here doesn't means "salt and dry everything until cell-death'' as most "dried meat", also i don't know if this could work, i mean, you would need carry a fat barrel around

>>43794034
They can(humans too, at least to one degree, we used to do that through the middle ages using pepper to give it better taste) but, u know, if you can eat something with a better taste you will eat something with a better taste

>>43794063
i'm asking if someone can help me, if you can't or don't want help me, you're not under any obligation to help me. Just find something else to do with your time
>>
>>43794169
Try searching for ぐぐる せんせい, there's plenty on meat preservation.
>>
>>43793085
>Hey /tg/ in my setting there is a carnivorous sentient race, what can they use as travel rations?

Eggs, Honey, Cheese & Insects or small reptiles.

Eggs do not require refrigeration and provided you can keep them intake and unbroken they're filled to the brim with good nutrition that carnivores can easily digest and love to get their hands on.

Honey is literally sugar, vitamins and pro-biotics (provided it hasn't been cooked to a worthless sugar water): it NEVER goes bad and anyone can eat it. It's fucking fantastic- you can use it to clean wounds.

Cheese is a grey zone, are your carnivores mammalian? Are the tolerant to lactose? They probably are if they have a sufficient herding culture- give um' some cheese for the road.

Insects and little reptiles are small animals that can go weeks without food or water; ships in exploratory times used to kidnap giant tortoises to use as food sources since they didn't need to eat for months and could butcher them at their leisure. A carnivorous race could keep a small cricket or lizard box to snack on perhaps?
>>
>>43794350
>you can use honey to clean wounds
that's new to me.
>Eggs, Honey, Cheese
thanks for the effort, but i was searching for things that can be made to meat, they already use eggs and cheese in travel rations as complement to dried meat

Also i already found what i needed; Blood pudding, Tallow and Pemmican, just let the thread die into the archive, thanks anons
>>
File: fuck you.png (71KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.png
71KB, 300x300px
>>43794483
>>43794483
>>43794483
You're welcome, you self righteous cunt
>>
>>43793823
>Confee
Oh god that guy's a retard. It's confit. You boil something in fat, store in the fat too.
>>
>>43794716
anon this thread will stay at the archive for some days, anyone who is looking for shit like this can search and find it.
>>
What OP didn't get: Threads aren't about OPs. They're about topics and develop a dynamic well beyond OP's intentions. This means even the dumb, the rude, and the self involved can start a thread. But it takes a real wrangler to keep one on track.

That said, who here has actually HAD pemmican?
>>
>>43794350
>It's fucking fantastic- you can use it to clean wounds.
Huh. Now I'm picturing a cleric or a healer druid who carries a shit ton of honey everywhere.

>>43794483
>>43794800
Fuck off, faggot. I want to hear more about the honey.
>>
>>43794350
>you can use honey to clean wounds

And today I learned something new. Thanks anon-kun
>>
File: beehive[1].jpg (2MB, 2000x3008px) Image search: [Google]
beehive[1].jpg
2MB, 2000x3008px
>>43794931
>Fuck off, faggot. I want to hear more about the honey.

Well, the thing about Honey is that in it's natural state it's a perfectly sterile preservative and capable of lasting indefinitely: there have been jars of honey excavated from Egyptian pyramids and although it wasn't "amazing" it was still edible and completely clean.

When Honey is pasteurized though it kills all the pro-biotics and natural chemical the bees vomit into it to make it sterile. Large commercial establishments pasteurize honey when they want to water it down with corn syrup and so forth- leaving behind little to no nutritional value and getting rid of it's preservative properties.

Honey is also an anti-septic and anti-inflammatory: numerous cultures have used honey to make bandages, clean wounds and treat acne. This is also why when you eat a large spoonful of unpasteurized honey it can "burn" a little going down- it's sanitizing everything on it's way down and this is PRIMARILY WHY YOU NEVER FEED BABIES HONEY.
Honey can KILL all the developing germs inside a baby; essentially killing it's digestive and immune system.

Which is a shame because Honey is SUPER easy to digest and this is why so many animals go out of their way to fuck up bee hives despite the incredible danger to their own person: bears, badgers, birds and all sorts of other animals just gotta get that honey!
It's crazy loaded with all the good stuff!
>>
>>43794931
>not being a beekeeper healer
>not being all smiles and honey-based medicines and poultices
>not glaring at the little shits who think they can take your elixirs without paying
>not setting the Swarm on your foes
>not cackling in the throes of your terrible bee powers
...maybe I should play a witch,
>>
>>43793085
Babies
>>
>>43795108
Don't learn things on 4chan. Please do your own research. Find out that honey is indeed mildly antiseptic, but also pure sugar. Mix it with sweat and you get a cesspool. Clean water is good for cleaning wounds, and ones that keep bleeding require professional attention.

Honey on wounds is a stone age remedy, have at it with your character. Keep it in fantasyland.
>>
>>43795175
>>43795205
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYtXuBN1Hvc
Relevant.

>Party is deep in a dungeon, facing a lich
>The lich casts a spell that spoils all the party's food before teleporting out, leaving the party to starve.
>The cleric has a shit eating grin.
>A week later, the party breaks out of the dungeon, absolutely covered in honey.

I'd play it.
>>
>>43795348
>Party is deep in a dungeon, facing a lich

>Not having the Lich's body being entirely made out of Bee's wax and Honeycomb.

>Not having the Lich BEE a beehive.
>>
File: CARLOS!.jpg (19KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
CARLOS!.jpg
19KB, 500x367px
>>43795474
>>Not having the Lich BEE a beehive.
I can not BEElieve you made that pun.
>>
>>43795474
>beekeeper lich that keeps a hive on it's own bones
>usually wears a beekeeping suit most of the time to keep the bees dark, warm and happy
>veil is torn and full of large holes for bees to enter and leave
>when on serious lich duty, is the Swarmmaster,
>wears centuries old robes that constantly hum and shiver with the activity of the multitude of bees
>smiles at the party, bees crawling in and out of its mouth
>drooling honey
>>
>>43795474
>Mesh of honeycombs stretched over skull frame
muh autism!
All species that build combs do so to precise specifications with variance of the dimensions within micrometers.
>>
>>43795619
Well getting an actual comb covered skull that didn't look like ass would be pretty tough.
Can't really blame them for getting a 3d print and just sprinkling flies on it.
>>
>>43795601
This needs to be a thing. Not even an evil lich, just an old skeleton that lives in a cabin in the woods and keeps bees because the nearby townsfolk fears him and he gets lonely sometimes
>>
>>43793893
>walking 2 months in a straight line through arctic weather, then walking two months in a straight line back.

Jesus fuck explorers are hardcore
>>
>>43793085
Depending on the magic level of your setting, Ice spells could provide advanced refrigeration techniques to freeze meat. Then, you just need a decent system of insulation and it can last a while.

Alternatively, egg laying animals like chickens could provide rather steady food sources, though would require feed of their own.
>>
Only one result for sausage but I'll say it anyways

snausage
>>
>>43795601
Undead Druid.

Familiar is a bee hive.

Kept in this world by the magic of bees. Learned in bee lore. Knows swarm magic. can make mana and health potions out of honey. Carries a poison coated knife around for a back up weapon. Wears a robe made of yellow/orange and black scraps.
>>
>>43796094
Arch nemesis: The evil Monsanto who has set out to become master of all plants even at the cost of the lives of all bees, blatantly ignoring the interdependence.
>>
>>43793451
I know a lot of guys who say their wives are frigid.

It's weird, because they never have a problem around me.
>>
>>43795767
>was once a great evil lich
>eventually forgot why he felt so intent on ruling/terrorizing the land
>looked at all the noble warriors and heroes who would slay him
>chose a favorite for actually seeming like a decent sort of fellow
>"accidentally" let the "chosen hero" find his "hidden phylactery"
>after the freedom fight smashed that awful snowglobe his aunt gave him he teleported to a little house to live a peaceful eternity and waiting for interesting things to happen
>One of the PCs is that hero's descendent. She's very proud of that heroic ancestry
>mostly doesn't give a fuck
>he has bees, a few hundred years and demigod tier magic when he can be arsed
>puts on his robes for spooky festivals and fucks with everyone
>bee puns
>>
>>43793444
>Also, most carnivores can eat boiled grains. Dogs are perfectly fine with a large percentage of their diet being oats or rice, for example.
Nonononononono, god fuck fuck no
NO!
You do realize that domesticated dogs are specially adapted to eating grains, right? It took them 20000 years.

You're so wrong it makes me want to scream!
>>
File: fuckingtumblr.png (626KB, 814x603px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingtumblr.png
626KB, 814x603px
>>43797116
Tell me, how does this picture make you feel, anon?
>>
File: image.jpg (120KB, 879x617px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120KB, 879x617px
>>43798137
Jesus Christ
>>
>>43798137
I'm pretty sure someone should call the police
>>
>>43797116
>>43798137
I remember that I once got sad as a child when I learned lions couldn't eat strawberries.
>>
>>43798388
That's depressing
>>
>>43798725
Yeah, poor lions. They'll never know what they're missing.
>>
File: 1259094631190.jpg (61KB, 332x320px) Image search: [Google]
1259094631190.jpg
61KB, 332x320px
>>43798137
>>
>>43798137
You know, sometime I think the Nazis had the right idea, just the wrong demographic...
>>
>>43798897

This.
>>
>>43797116
Dan's a greyhound, I've heard he's a dick!
>>
>Ctrl + F
>Mellified Man
>0 results

It's one of my favorite magic ingredients. I use it from high fantasy to Delta Green. I think it has the appropriate mix of spooky, possibly real and with clear mystical and taboo properties.
>>
>>43796181
>>43796094
>Arch Nemesis
>not Wasps

Red Wasps:

A renegade group of druids that believe in Nature's Law and Survival of the Fittest. A strong proponent of exploitation, war, conflict and domination as a rapid means of adaptation and evolution. They are heavily obsessed with the idea of the "perfect organism", which currently for them is the wasp.
>>
>>43799386
Are there wasps that lay inside of bees? I thought it was just scorpions and caterpillars.
>>
>>43799500
Wasps kill bees for honey a lot I know.
One reason why a lot of beekeepers don't want too placid a bee. Gotta have bees that fuck up intruders, take no shit and give no fucks. Even if it does cut into honey production a little and makes the hive a little angrier. Better that than a raided or dead hive.

And probably. There's parasitic wasps for fucking everything.
>>
>Transportable protiens
>NO SALTED MEAT GUIS

I understand Pemmican and Blood Sausage fit the bill, but I have to ask - why? Why wouldn't they salt their meat? Also someone mentioned their minotaurs being carnivours, which is retarded they're giant fucking cows goddamn.

BUT WHY NO SALTED MEAT? I DON'T UNDERSTAND, WHAT IS WRONG WITH SALT? YOU'RE PRETTY SALTY YOURSELF OP
>>
>>43799547
Probably because it's extremely obvious and something the OP has already thought of.
>>
>>43798137
Dogs can and do eat avocados. Avocados are a bunch of fat and other nutrients. I wouldn't give a dog avocados exclusively, but there is no harm to them eating them occasionally. Too many will make a fat dog though.
>>
Unpasteurized honey is antibiotic mostly due to being an anaerobic environment. It contains yeast and other living things, they just can't grow easily.
If you mix 2 parts in Unpasteurized honey with one part water it will ferment. If you want it a decent consistency I go 4 parts water to one part honey.

There is more to it than that, but mead is easy to make.
>>
>>43799543
>>43799500
>>43799386

Is there a more evil animal than wasps?
>>
>>43799871
Wasps aren't evil, they are very useful in pest control. Some plants give off specific pheromones to attract the particular species of wasp to kill what is bothering it.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0000852
>>
>>43799871
ISIS
>>
File: northernbaldibis-palmyrabird.jpg (36KB, 740x555px) Image search: [Google]
northernbaldibis-palmyrabird.jpg
36KB, 740x555px
>>43800006
I dunno, they're fairly inoffensive creatures.
>>
File: Threskiornis_molucca_-_Perth[1].jpg (1MB, 2500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Threskiornis_molucca_-_Perth[1].jpg
1MB, 2500x2000px
>>43800021
>>43800006

>tfw your bird self was already unpopular due to your frumpy ugly self and now there's a terrorist organization attached to your name.

Poor little Isis Bird.

He went from being named after an Egyptian GOD to being associated with a bunch of militant Muslims.
>>
>>43800716
Which is why we should call them daesh instead
>>
>>43799764
>Defending feeding your dog a vegan diet
>On 4chan
Tumblr is the site for you. I suggest you go and take your faggotry there.
>>
File: 1428542355766.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1428542355766.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>>43801184
>Implying things people never said
>On 4chan

Unfortunately this is exactly the site for you, but you should probably still kill yourself.
>>
>>43798137
>headmates

I fucking hate this more than anything else she listed. Fucking cunts turned schizophrenia into a god damn joke and something that's fun to have.
>>
>>43793085
Carnivores are hunters or scavengers, hunters hunt, scavengers scavenge. They don't hoard food for the travel.

Otherwise, chicken. I once had a caravan of "not Gnolls" who had a moving poultry farm.
>>
>>43798137
One of these faggots got my neighbor's pet fox killed just because.
Fucking tumblr.
>>
>>43800920
Daeshbird doesn't have the same ring to it

:^)
>>
>>43794007
Insects farmed in cramped conditions mean the same problems as any other kind of animals farmed in cramped conditions : waste, parasites, diseases, etc.
>>
File: sensible choice.jpg (61KB, 800x623px) Image search: [Google]
sensible choice.jpg
61KB, 800x623px
>>43793697
I think he meant living small animals.

You know, like people did in real tropical America.
>>
>>43795329
Manuka honey works as an anti-septic.
>>
when people say "my setting" what are they referring to?
a specific game? book?
>>
>>43802422
In this context, and many others I've seen, it seems to refer to a setting the person made.
>>
>>43802422
They refer to setting they created that they want people who they have never met or explained anything about the setting to make decisions about this work.

It is also used to express made up opinions about something to get a rise out of someone or to seem clever.
>>
>>43793085
Pies, Pasties and plenty of Black Pudding.
Also they could make things with bones and rendered fats.
>>
File: somehow we know what menus are.png (224KB, 500x445px) Image search: [Google]
somehow we know what menus are.png
224KB, 500x445px
>>43793085
MAGGOTY BREAD FOH 3 STINKIN' DAYS
>>
>>43793085
Pemmican? They try to get the meat to last further by mixing protein dense nuts with lard/powdered meat. Considered a good if unpalatable travel ration.
>>
>>43793085
This is a good point.
>>43803064
Just bring any old rotting shit and eat the maggots that will invariably arrive.
>>
Don't forget to pull a dungeon meshi and eat everything you kill after turning it into delicious food.
>>
>>43793085
How about their enemies? Those wanting fresh meat are free to get it, they just need to kill them first. They have their standard rations and their enemies as special dishes. It's like if the Imperial Guard learned how to turn Eldar, Orks & Tyranids into perfectly safe and nutritious meals.
>>
Fresh Halflings.
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.