[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I remember a few weeks back that a bunch of very stable fans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

So I remember a few weeks back that a bunch of very stable fans of WHFB were freaking their shit about the Lizardmen being squatted. Do any of you feel stupid for jumping the gun, yet?
>>
>>43788566
>demons
>>
>>43788566
So whats the fluff for the "Seraphon" now?
>>
>>43788681
They are memories of themselves, in space ships and if you cut them, they bleed glitter.
>>
>>43788871
For a moment I actually believed you.
>>
>>43788879
This is 100% true. Ask anyone who's read the book.
>>
Yes, they weren't squatted.
The setting not so much
>>
>>43788871
I like it.
>>
>>43788566
They didn't get squatted but they are no more.
>>
>>43788566
Lizardmen are squatted. The replacements are soulless daemons with scales. AoS is dead to me
>>
>>43789546
>>43789505
>>43788931

Shit, has the book been scanned yet?
>>
>>43788871
So it's basically nothing like the old Lizardmen except in aesthetics.
>>
>>43789657
>>43789546
>Came from space
Okay this is the same.
>Artificial
Yep also the same.
>Bleed glitter
That's different. But really the only difference is that they're now demons instead of coming from spawning pools.

Really they haven't changed very much, only semantics if you really think about it. They were always magical constructs created by the Old Ones to fight Chaos. Now they're just summoned a little more easily.
>>
>>43789559
Nope, AoS is dead to the point it stopped having pirated books a the third armybook.
>>
>>43789683
They are not down to earth enough.
>>
>>43788566
But they did though.
>>
>>43789774
And alien lizard-shaped war machines grown in puddles is more down to Earth?

They haven't lost any character, because they barely had any to begin with.
>>
>>43789753
Introducing the game with Stormcast and generic Khorne warriors probably didn't help much. That and the fluff being shit.
>>
>>43788566
Daemons of order who are filled with bright blue white light that burns chaos
>>
>>43789792
Lots of lifeforms on this planet grows in puddles.
>>
>>43789792
>And alien lizard-shaped war machines grown in puddles is more down to Earth?
Yes.
>>
>>43789792
>Never had any character

Confirmed for having never read any of the fluff.
>>
>>43789792
They (along with everything in WHFB) was more interesting and had more lore/ background, being an Aztec like society of warrior lizard living in inhospitable jungles of lustria is more interesting and flexible than "lizard demons who done gone get summoned"
>>
>>43789846
They weren't a society though. All the fluff for them talked about how they lived to ensure the great work of the Old Ones and almost nothing else.

Of course the old stuff had more lore, there was a huge amount more time to establish it and get it sorted.

Personally I think "Magical aliens who directly serve mysterious extraplanar forces and fly around in magic space ships while not truly existing but only being the memory of themselves forcing themselves into reality" is pretty fucking cool. It reminds me of TES lore a little. More interesting then generic jungle Aztec lizard people. Though, they did start that trope.
>>
>>43789846
Nothing in AoS fluff is interesting when compared to WHFB. It's made to be simple so it's easy for writers to handle because they need to be treated like children.
>>
>>43789683
Lets forget the not mentioned anymore old ones, the now nonexistent temple cities, the absence lustrian ecosystem or the control on the ley lines over the world.
If we forget everything about their culture or life and stick to being lizardmen that happen to fight chaos then you're right, they're totally the same.
Except that they are dead, have the name of a furry tickle feet fetishist on deviantart and have the word star or synonyms being mentioned more times than wolf in the space wolves codex.

They're the epitome of AoS: Waving around the dead corpses of the things from WHFB saying that they are well and alive.

>inb4 it's too soon to have fluff.
Rogue trader already had set the greater part of things about the 40k setting by the time of its 1st book, what's AoS excuse?
>>
AoS is the Avatar of fantasy settings. I bet we will get blue alien ogres next.
>>
>>43789792
Your mind is shit and you should feel bad for keeping it.
>>
>>43788566
Nah I pretty much expected that the old square base boxes were simply being replaced with round base ones, it's just that at this point I enjoy being angry at GW.
>>
>>43789891
>They weren't a society though
You don't even know what being a society means
>>
>>43788566
They squatted all WHFB, instead.
>>
>>43789999
I don't think that's a fair comparison.

40k is potentially better off without generic space dwarves, but the world is most certainly not better off with WHFB.
>>
>>43790034
it just means something being removed, regardless of quality. Squats were just the first major, faction-wide retcon in either warhammer. AoS is just a universe-spanning squattage
>>
>>43790034
The world was better with whfb instead of aos, and wh40k was better when it has funky space dwarves instead of pretending to be a serious gritty setting.
>>
OP here. I don't remember mentioning whether I like AoS or the changes, what I was talking about was the uproar of the removal of the Lizardmen from GW's site. People immediately jumped to their own conclusions like morons instead of working out the obvious for themselves. And now it's devolved into "WHFB was better and AoS sucked!".

To be honest, it's about what I expected and it's still funny as hell that you're missing the point completely.

>>43789971

Except this guy. I guess he knows how to extrapolate a point from a sentence.
>>
>>43790060
Except they didn't retcon the universe they just advanced the plot, made a new system, and renamed it, everyone likes to sit here and bitch that their favorite game was killed by GW, but in reality all they did was change things to the universe, not get rid of it, you dig?
>>
>>43790484
They just did it in the most retarded way.
>>
>>43790484
>all they did was change things to the universe, not get rid of it, you dig?
Saying the plot has developed without the old world getting squatted is like saying that dinosaurs didn't get extinct 65 millions of years ago.
Technically true, practically wrong.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.