[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, in your opinion, what's the most Fedora melee weapon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 359
Thread images: 47

File: sh1099.jpg (12KB, 650x309px) Image search: [Google]
sh1099.jpg
12KB, 650x309px
So, in your opinion, what's the most Fedora melee weapon?

By this, I don't mean the weapon you hate the most, I mean the kind of weapon that always gets branded as "superior to all others" by possible fedora wearing neckbeards, be it in /tg/ or in roleplay.

> Rapier
>>
You've never heard of a katana?
>>
>>43780335
Katana.

/tg/'s equivalent is the halberd, because they think they're above pedestrian shit like swords.
>>
>>43780335

Definitely katana. The real question is what gets second place, which is probably some sort of bastard sword.
>>
>>43780335
It's the katana, why even ask?

>>43780384
Is right though. /tg/ loves its polearm wank
>>
>>43780384
Honestly, every time someone suggest a halberd as a main weapon I cringe.

In a 1 on 1 fight, you'd get fucking destroyed by an opponent of comparable skill with a more suitable dueling weapon. Especially if they sword and board.
>>
>>43780359
>>43780384
>>43780397

The superior nippon steel thing has been beaten up over here so much that it's pretty much a meme, nobody talks about it seriously anymore, even the niggas that take it seriously.
>>
>>43780397
What about the Ulfberht?
>>
>>43780418

I thought /tg/ liked to wank spears.

Now it's polearms?

Well it makes sense since most polearms where designed for the common peasantry or man at arms to fight with given it requires minimal skill.
>>
>>43780462

Here maybe, but OP wasn't just talking about /tg/ there are still plenty of morons who take it seriously
>>
>>43780335

Lightsabers.
>>
>>43780462

The question asks about the broader field of neckbeards, not just /tg/. How many people at your FLGS do you think have katanas in their room?
>>
>>43780465
>Ulfberht

I only see people shit on everything viking here.

>>43780397

I'd go with late Reinassense dueling swords. Sabres, Rapiers and Small Swords.

Every asshole that likes to wank these likes say they could be used in any scenario (even agaisnt a knight in full plate).
>>
>>43780529
Pretty much cannot be wielded effectively by someone who isn't force sensitive.
>>
>>43780543

Meh, I have a mount of katanas in my room. They're pretty and compliment my bookcase.

But I'm waiting on a Langes Messer I ordered last week. That's gonna be "the actual sword" of my decorative mobiliary.
>>
Depends on the neckbeard
>Weebs?
Katana
>/tg/?
Spears and polearms
>Armchair historians
Rapier or longbow
>>
>>43780583
Fett would like a word with you.
>>
>>43780583

>Grievous and Vader say otherwise
>>
>>43780624
>EU
>>
Katana, as has been stated. Lightsabers are probably Nr. 2, thank you >>43780529
Third, maybe zweihänders? For awhile they were wanked over a lot, despite not in any way earning that reputation and just being a footnote in history, soon abandoned for polearms which had better results in the same amount of training.
>>
>>43780630

>Vader.
>not force sensitive

agabagoo abacus, also Grievous had to invent his own fighting style that put his augmetics to work just to use them. He was nothing but a walking blender.

>>43780624

Decent comic but unfortunately N O N C A N O N
>>
>>43780630
>Vader
>Not force sensitive

>Grevious
He was just a robot compensating for his lack of force sensitivity by spinning the blades around like a mix-master. You'd get the same effect by putting a lightsaber on an industrial power drill.
>>
>>43780624

Fett? Udesii burc'ya, you'll make me laugh my shebs off.

Several Clone Commandos and a few other Mandalorians would like a word with him. Hell, even that di'kut droid general too. Forgot his name. Grave? Gripes? Gravorous? Griever?
>>
>>43780583

Doesn't stop people from hyping them up, though, which is the condition laid down by the thread.

No weapon is as overhyped as the lightsaber. Not even katanas, because at least katanas don't deflect bullets.
>>
>>43780569

I like rapiers, even as a kid they were my favorite sword when playing Highlander with other neighborhood kids, but I still recognize they only made sense in the one historic context.
>>
>>43780659
>>43780677

Vader's only connection with the force was his only remaining hand and the few parts of organic tissue he still had.

This is the reason Palpanite wanted to replace Vader so badly. He was stuck with a god, a crippled god who couldn't use his own potential.
>>
File: laughing lizard.jpg (134KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
laughing lizard.jpg
134KB, 500x333px
>>43780686
>at least katanas don't deflect bullets
>>
>>43780654

THE POLEARM SHITLORD APPEARS.
>>
>>43780692
>when playing Highlander with other neighborhood kids
As a sort of game with proper rules, or just playing pretend and acting like you're immortals fighting to see who will be the last one standing?
>>
>>43780711
He couldl choke people across great distances with little to no effort. Even though he was crippeled and had no way of reaching his full potential he was still very powerful with the force.
>>
>>43780760

So powerfull that Luke beat him with 3 years of training at an old age.

We are talking about a man that was prophetized to be the greatest force user ever. That same man ended up Palpatine's punching bag.
>>
>>43780730

Just swordfighting with sticks in someone's backyard, like you do when you're a kid.
>>
>>43780726
I was talking about the historical fact that the zweihänder was only ever used by Landsknechts, and no sources suggest they were notably efficient on the battlefield beyond what one might expect from such a well-trained force, and soon they were replaced by polearms.
>>
>>43780583
>>43780630
>>43780711

I never thought it was possible to see so much lack of understanding of Star Wars.

This whole "Force sensitivity" nonsense needs to die; it's symptomatic of decades of people overthinking this stuff way beyond anything any of the writers ever intended.
>>
>>43780819
Polearm

Shitlord.
>>
>>43780384
Your daily reminder that historically your halberd was more commonly used than the sword. The sword was a sign of status.
>>
>>43780834
It's as if they were on cue.
>>
>>43780819

> Polearm

You fucking peasant.
>>
>>43780834
THE POLEARM SHITLORDS ARE HERE

THEY COME BROTHERS.

PREPARE THE TREBUCHETS. BOIL THE WOMEN. HIDE THE OIL.
>>
>>43780686
The nippon insanity is weak with this one.
>>
>>43780359
Katana's are pretty cringy, but if you scrape off the coating of "folded a million times and can cut through a hundred tanks," they're just eastern-styled sabers.

If you really want a max-fedora melee weapon, you've gotta go with a scythe. I have never seen a scythe-user that wasn't some flavor of weird shonen wish-fulfillment. If that shit was any more awkward or impractical it'd be a fan-made keyblade design on deviantart.
>>
>>43780832
Lick the sweaty polearm of historical accuracy, bitch. But really though, I think this melee weapon shit is weak. It's all about ranged combat. Slings, javelins, bows, crossbows, artillery, daz dat shit boi.
>>
>>43780335
Besides obvious shit like messer or katana fapping I don't really worry too much about specific weapon-fedoraism.

What really grinds my gears is how people always completely ignore the circumstances in which weapons were widely used, like:

>>43780384
This guy, who disses polearms, the go-to weapon for knights and men at arms once plate armour was common, and pretends like they're bad because if you magically put a guy inside their reach with a sword, the guy with the polearm who magically hasn't just dropped it and pulled a sword/dagger or tripped the sword guy, or really done anything to defend himself is fucked.

>>43780509
Or this guy who thinks polearms is some low-skill peasant weapon and not something with manuals devoted to it and a favourite for dueling knights or for fucking people on horses.

People have a habit of totally ignoring the time period a weapon is from and what kind of armour it was up against.
>>
>>43780854
>>43780881
Nope, Polearms had limited use as anti cavalry methods and were piss poorly trained soldiers often times picked up by a marching army and were usually modified pitchforks. They were cheap and easy and the bastards using them died. In droves. Often. I was simply pointing out a fact.
>>
>>43780931

I remember I was about to run a fantasy nWoD game and one of my players asked ahead of time if he could start with a scythe..

I was homebrewing most of the weapons and had never considered including scythes since they're goddamn farming tools, so I checked the rulebook and cringed hard at how strong the scythe was. So I nerfed it and gave him its new stats, telling him he could have it if he wanted but that I was sticking to my version.

Scythes aren't weapons and no one would choose to use one in a fight if there was something else available. It'd be like some guy concerned about home defense opting to not own a gun or even a fucking baseball bat because after all he's got a good pair of hedge trimmers in his shed.
>>
>>43781058
>This guy, who disses polearms, the go-to weapon for knights and men at arms...
I was saying that you have a reverence for it not unlike katanafags and no matter how intellectual you think you are about it, it's still just as annoying.
>>
>>43780931

C'mon, the chain-scythes from 40k are an awesome concept.

You dice a motherfucker while slicing him, simultaneously while reaping his ass.

Once you do that, all dem bitches gonna be like "M'lord Primarch".

Mortarion knew how to roll and you can't deny it.
>>
>>43780543
>How many people at your FLGS do you think have katanas in their room?

I have one from when I was 14. It's cheap and made of stainless steel!
>>
>>43781297

Same with mine from when I was 18. I'm actually super embarrassed by it now. Need to throw it away next time I'm back home.
>>
>>43780931
Really? All I've ever seen from scythe users in RPGs is some variation of a death priest that wants to do the whole reaper thing, which is fine by me.
>>
>>43780931
>>43781372

Does a billhook counts as a scythe? Cuz I got that going for me.
>>
>>43781394
No, that's like using a machete as a weapon, which has bountiful precedent.

Hell, for that matter so does the scythe, provided you alter the blade. Though that speaks more of being involved with a peasant uprising than it does anything else.
>>
>>43781447
On the note of scythes, there's also the falx and the rhomphaia.
>>
>Most fedora melee weapon
Probably katana and its variants

>Most fedora weapon in general
That asshole who wants to use guns in any game regardless of whether it makes sense. In a modern game, he'll either pack a sniper rifle or want to dual wield.
>>
>>43780335

With the trashing the katana has taken I'd say the closest melee weapon equivalent in Fedora is the scythe now, and even then the scythe's more of a thematic weapon that is more likely but not GUARANTEED to show up on edgier characters and villains for what it represents more than any actual beliefs that the weapon itself is any good.

The RANGED weapon equivalent to the katana is definitely the longbow, though. Longbows are extremely effective weapons, but boy does the endless longbow-wank that any historical fiction novel that includes English characters must indulge in get tiresome.
>>
>>43781562

>not dual-wielding sniper rifles
>>
>>43781343
That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Bastard Sword" bullshit that's going on in the d20 system right now. Katanas deserve something. I guess.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself found a cheap katana behind a dumpster at a u-store-it for free (that's nothing) and have had it sitting in the back of my closet been for almost 10 years now. I can think there might even be an edge left on my katana.

Chinese hacks spend a few hours tops on a single katana and angle grind a plate of stainless steel to produce cheap hunks of crap.

My katana is about as sharp as a kitchen knife and made of stainless steel. Anything a pearing kife can cut through, I think my katana could cut too. I'm pretty sure my katana might cut through a rope if I hacked at it for a bit.

Ever wonder why medieval Europe never bothered conquering Japan? That's right, a long list of historical reasons. In World War II, American soldiers targeted the men with the katanas first because they were dumb enough to bring a sword to a gunfight.

So what am I saying? Katanas are a sword that the world has seen, and thus, can be given stats in the d20 system. Here is the stat block I propose for Katanas:

(One-Handed Exotic Weapon)
1d10 Damage
19-20 x2 Crit
+1 to hit
Counts as Masterwork

Now that seems a lot more representative of the cutting power of Katanas in real life, don't you think? I honestly don't know.

tl;dr = Katanas can be stated in d20, see my new stat block.
>>
>>43781726
They need to have katana bayonets. That are riveted together like scissors.
>>
>>43780711
>was his only remaining hand
Didn't he get both hands cut off? One by Dooku and the other by Kenobi?
>>
>>43781069
>Polearms had limited use as anti cavalry methods
[Citation needed]

Cavalry generally can't come to grips with formed polearm-armed infantry, simply because they can't get close enough to do any good. Cavalry won't actually charge formed infantry, because the horses aren't idiots. A horse knows that it will be terribly injured, probably break its leg, if it crashes into a human. It also knows that it can't jump over a human; the tallest obstacle allowed in steeplechase is usually around four foot four; the average line of infantry will average over five feet, and warhorses aren't steeplechase horses. Five foot lances like those used at the battle of Agincourt by both sides won't be able to reach into a polearm formation, and even one of the ten foot lances used both before and after the battle will have problems because while you're lancing one guy the other can spear your horse.

Polearms might not be particularly effective at killing cavalry troopers, but at killing their horses or outright preventing their horses from coming to grips with infantry, they're excellent.
>>
>>43781705

>but boy does the endless longbow-wank that any historical fiction novel that includes English characters must indulge in get tiresome

Really, all weapon wank gets really tiresome. Yeah, mechanically some weapons are just built better than others and history is full of examples of this. Some of those weapons even had a profound impact on warfare. But let's be honest, someone coming up with a really big bow is small potatoes compared to something like realizing you can drop bombs out of an airplane.

I think most wikipedia professors who like to masturbate over their weapon of choice forget that in almost all cases war is just a big clusterfuck, and a soldier's effectiveness is probably more dependent on his cajones and his training than whether or not his sword is curved.
>>
>>43781726
>not dual-wielding miniguns
LaughingTimesplitters.jpg
>>
>>43781821
Warhorses were basically psychotic murder machines, though
>>
>>43781809
Yes, that's why he can't force lightning.
>>
>Not the flacata
>Muh 19-20 x3 crit
>Muh d8
>Muh better than longsword, katana, and bastard
>>
Okay, the biggest problem in this thread is that they're choosing the most overated weapon. That's not it, considering even normies overate the katana.

No, no you see, a neckbeard fedora weapon, is a weapon specifically chosen out of superiority, and wanting to show off how 'smart' you are.

Melee Weapon:Spear

Long ranged weapon:Anything with a scope.

Weapon in general:The mind.
>>
>>43781705
>Longbows are extremely effective weapons, but boy does the endless longbow-wank that any historical fiction novel that includes English characters must indulge in get tiresome.

Conn Iggulden and Bernard Cornwell have taught me that an English longbowman is basically the highest master of war, and the weapon he wields is death itself. If required, the humble archer can dig in his heels and become a gun turret that will mow down fully armored knights like wheat, killing them faster than they could ever hope to reach him. The only reason he might ever lose is that he can only carry a finite supply of arrows. If a bowman were helped by another man handing him arrows from a cart, it would logically follow that he would be invulnerable.

Oh, and in a pinch an English longbowman is also better at close combat than a trained swordsman and can literally impale someone with his bow if required.

Man, the amount of bow wankery you see from English historical fiction authors is amazing.
>>
>>43781874
They might've been accustomed to shouting, loud noises, chaos, and (later) gunfire, but they still knew to avoid sharp things and broken legs.

Cavalry charges sweeping through hard formations with sheer weight and martial prowess, that's just some romantic myth. Against broken infantry, things were different; warhorses would happily chase down fleeing infantrymen or charge towards other cavalry, so long as there was enough space for each other to pass between them, and they'd let the maniacs on their backs ride up and hack at each other to their hearts' content, but against a solid line of pointy, standing infantry? Never.
>>
>>43782008

really the "superior" weapon is the bomber and by extension the missile.

I don't think people really appreciate just how huge of an impact it's had on both the mechanics and politics of warfare.

When you can completely destroy all of the enemy's assets from the other side of the world, then the game's changed.
>>
>>43782012

>Bernard Cornwell

I enjoy his books from time to time, but they can get awfully repetitive.

Guy can write a good fight scene when he's not describing what it's like in a shield wall for the fifty-third time or waxing lyrical about the almighty longbow in the hands of an english archer, the peak of human warfare that can never be defeated, and I mean ever, unless they run out of ammo.

At least Lawhead's King Raven trilogy treated them more like extremely dangerous weapons when combined with the Welsh guerrilla tactics and psychological warfare rather than just straight-up weapons of invincibility.
>>
>>43780335
>So, in your opinion, what's the most Fedora melee weapon?
honestly it will vary according to which fedoralord you ask but the theme is generally the same...

It's a weapon they think will automatically make their character a badass.

this requires that the weapon be an "iconic badass" weapon but one where they believe its the weapon that makes the character a badass, as opposed to the weapon complementing the badass. So they have to believe that having their character wield a certain weapon will make them awesome without having to actually make an awesome character.

for example:

- most won't go for a Claymore because without the strength and confidence already there you look like a fool

- A long sword would just be a generic sword without the personality and/or natural leadership to stand out.

- A bullwhip, while certainly already a great paring with a fedora, only works if the character is already clever and extensive knowledge of the setting's history and cultures and that requires having to actually read the GM's notes he gave everyone about the setting, and that requires work.

- the .44 magnum while certainly powerful (fedoralords love weapons that do a lot of damage) doesn't make you look bad ass unless you already have balls of fucking steel beforehand.

- the Walther PPK is especially true, no Fedoralord would try to make a character carry this around because you would need to make a character that's suave and debonair to make it look good, and none of those guys could even fake that.

Katanas are typical choices because, while there are exceptions, too many times they are wielded by characters that are considered "cool" but really have the personality of cardboard, giving the fedoralord the false impression that adding a katana to a one-dimensional character instantly makes them interesting, and 2 katanas must therefore make them twice as interesting.

similar thing with sunglasses and leather trench coats.
>>
>>43782012
>>43782136
This amuses me. I enjoyed his books too, but they do get repetitive. I wonder what a french or german equivalent would be like? Or the turks?
>>
>>43782500
Baguette Crossaint and Frogleg Escargot have taught me that a French Lancer is basically the highest master of war, and the weapon he wields is death itself. If required, the glamorous heavy cavalier can spur on his horse and become a steam train that will mow down pigfucking english stick-wielders like wheat, killing them faster than they could draw their bows. The only reason he might ever lose is that his lance might break. If a knight were helped by another man handing him lances from a cart, it would logically follow that he would be invulnerable.

Oh, and in a pinch a French Lancer is also better in ranged combat than a trained crossbowman and can literally impale someone by throwing his lance at him if required.

Man, the amount of Horse wankery you see from French historical fiction authors is amazing.
>>
>>43780335
for me it is a cycle of rapier katana long/greatsword spear halberd forever with viking sword placed in various spots
capcha early eraddr ....
>>
Hm, maybe fist weapons? Like the idea of a hundred guys with wolverine claws going into a melee battle.
>>
ctrl-f: Deagle: no results
ctrl-f: Desert Eagle: no results

For shame.
>>
favorite weapon is a halberd
how fedora am I?
1-10
>>
>>43782908
>>
>>43782908
It's not about your favorite weapon, it's about how you view it.
>>
Except fantasy stuff (lightsaber) and thematic stuff (scythe)? I'd say Kukri.

It's a nice knife, but I've seem my share of people (mostly japanese) that thinks a Gurkha with his Kukri is Ninja 2.0.
>>
>>43780509
>a spear isn't a polearm
>>
>>43780509
spear not a polearm??
GURPS is that you?!
>>
>>43780335
>Rapier

What are you, some Princess Bride hatin' heretic?
>>
Polearm (DX/Average): Any very long (at least 2 yards), unbalanced pole weapon with a heavy striking head, including the glaive, halberd, poleaxe, and countless others. Polearms become unready after an attack, but not after a parry. Defaults: Spear-4, Staff-4, or Two-Handed Axe/Mace-4.

Spear (DX/Average): Any long, balanced pole weapon with a thrusting point, including spears, javelins, tridents, and fixed bayonets. Defaults: Polearm-4 or Staff-2.

Staff (DX/Average): Any long, balanced pole without a striking head. This skill makes good use of the staff’s extensive parrying surface when defending, giving +2 to your Parry score. Defaults: Polearm-4 or Spear-2.
>>
>>43783135
I have a friend who RP only rogues and similar archtypes (he played a ninja/ranger in PF once "see? This time it's not a rogue")
>his go to range weapon is the long bow "i'll snipe them from afar"
>his go to melee weapon is the kukri "it"S a ninja's dagger, they won't expect it"
>his go to races are drow and teifling.

I cringe every game. It became an inside joke within our group.
>>
>>43782654

Sounds about right. The French did love their cavalry.
>>
>>43780931
I tell anyone who wants to use a scythe as a weapon that what they're actually looking for is a kamayari, and I will continue to do so.
>>
>>43783627
>his go to melee weapon is the kukri "it"S a ninja's dagger, they won't expect it"
Are you sure he's not getting "kukri" confused with "kunai?"
>>
File: kamayari.jpg (13KB, 390x364px) Image search: [Google]
kamayari.jpg
13KB, 390x364px
>>43783804
shit, forgot to attach picture
>>
>>43783810
He might be, it's not like I cared enough to look it up at the time.
>>
>>43780335
like any other such thing it changes by year, just as in ten years I can only assume svelte fashionable alpha males will wear fedoras and all these neckbeards will be wearing boonies or whatever.

Basically the essential components are
1. the weapon is obscure, but not so obscure it hasn't been seen on a character in mildly popular medium (e.g. animus, camic books so on)

2. the weapon will have to have qualities that the person thinks are not represented by the standard heroic character, possibly one's the associate with themselves (e.g not atheltics but skill or so on)

3. and perhaps most importantly it has to be in a position to be the asserted superior of something else that is popular, perhaps with neckbeards, or just generally
>>
>>43784030
Kunai are those ninja daggers that are a diamond with a handle. Kukri are like bent machetes.
>>
>>43780583
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoSayqv1TVI
>>
>>43784152
a kunai isn't even sharp it is a gardening trowel cept anime times is different
>>
>>43781078
That's not entirely true. War-scythes have been shown to be very effective weapons in the right hands, although in real life they tend to be adjusted so that the blade is parallel to the shaft, or at least much closer to it than before.
>>
>>43783627
>>43784152
Doesn't change that his back up weapon is always a kukri. I'm pretty sure he bought one to hide under his pillow.
>>
File: blood skull boi at his computer.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
blood skull boi at his computer.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
>>43784220

>cold-steel
>>
>>43784266
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/Sparrow/369049/Cooliron-Hedgeheg
>>
>>43784220
>implying those cold steel kukris are anything close to real kukris
>>
Historically, and this absolutely still is the case today, more important than quality of weapons in warfare prior to the Pre Modern Era (because gunpowder changed everything) was quality of leadership, quality of training, and quality of soldier than the actual quality of their weapon. Tactics were a huge part of pre modern warfare and combatants that were able to follow orders and not flee at the first sign of danger or when their lines break.

I mean that's the cold blatantly fucking obvious truth of the matter. Also an army's caloric intake is momumental to its well being in ways we probably couldnt even measure back then
>>
>>43782836
I wish people would realise that this gun was nothing more than a collector's item. No army, intelligence service, and no law enforcement agency has ever in the history of the world ever fielded Desert Eagles at any point in time

They were made to be bought by private consumers exclusively as a collector's item and/or for target shooting. As mentioned, the Desert Eagle has never been used in mass by any army anywhere.

It's a cool looking gun thougn, I'll give it that
>>
>>43784384
>implying those cold steel kukris are anything close to real kukris
>implying I'm implying cold steel kukris are anything close to real kukris

I'm no /k/fag and I don't claim to know anything about kukri, but the OP ask for fedoralord's weapon of choice and that fedoralord uses longbows and kukri. That particular fedoralord love kukri so much that he bough one of those has well.

>ib4 fedoralords like katanas over kukri
>>
>>43780805
>that was prophetized to be the greatest force user ever.
He was prophesied to bring balance to the force.

Which he did. By killing fucking everyone so they could start anew and untainted by the past
>>
>>43784504

Are you sure they don't just play too much TF2? Actually, wait, nevermind. If that's true it's only a matter of time until they start using Jarate.

While we're at it, I don't think SMGs are a fedoralord weapon today, but I get the distinct feeling that they *used* to be not so long ago. Thoughts?
>>
>>43784575
What's wrong with SMGs? The UMP is pretty cool and so is the mp5
>>
File: This is All Oda's Fault.png (239KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
This is All Oda's Fault.png
239KB, 576x432px
>>43783804
>>43783833
Too small. We going Okama now.
>>
>>43781753
Pasta so old the Tupperware was labeled in hieroglyphs.
>>
>>43784403
>was quality of leadership, quality of training, and quality of soldier than the actual quality of their weapon.
That's still the case today.
>>
File: Px1Egop.jpg (126KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
Px1Egop.jpg
126KB, 900x675px
>>43784575

I don't think fedoralords are particularly inclined towards firearms or put that much thought into them.

I mean, /k/tards and caliberfags are a real thing but I don't think they're necessarily synonymous with people who jerk off to katanas.
>>
>>43784804
Most of those are not terribly important when you can sit in a bunker on the other side of the world and batter your enemy with ICBMs.
>>
>>43784622

Nothing I can think of. That's why I was asking. They were used a lot in the Matrix, which I think was to blame for the trenchcoat catching on.

I was also remembering a small clip of the Spawn cartoon, and I was thinking "Spawn=edgy" and "fedoralords=edgy" so "spawn=fedoralords?" Spawn used an SMG, didn't he?

Also going off this guy >>43784127

SMGs aren't represented by the standard heroic character. They're relatively small weapons that are easy to sneak into places, and that's a common bad-guy move. Actually, they're a common bad guy weapon now that I think of it--in order to give the good guy something stronger than himself to fight.

I also know dual-wielding them is a common cliche.
>>
>>43783494
>Princess bride haters
T-those exist?! i bet they chug energy drinks.
>>
>>43781089
I'm going to cap this then reuse it every time someone starts a polearm wank thread.
>>
>>43780335
It would be difficult to get a better example of "i made this thread because i was bored and wanted to stir shit".
You are a fucking faggot, people like you turns the boards into sufferable pieces of shit.
>>
>>43784905
It would be difficult to get a better example of "i made this post because i was bored and wanted to stir shit".
You are a fucking faggot, people like you turns the boards into sufferable pieces of shit.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (273KB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
273KB, 1280x688px
>>43784867
>SMGs aren't represented by the standard heroic character. They're relatively small weapons that are easy to sneak into places, and that's a common bad-guy move. Good guys uses assault rifles and grenade launchers.
>>
>>43784823

Seeing the picture you just posted reminded me of the picture of that one guy posing with the flintlock pistol. You have a point. I mean, it would explain the lack of research towards the Desert Eagle.
>>
>>43780805
>So powerfull that Luke beat him with 3 years of training at an old age.
Hey, Luke went fucking apeshit on Vader after he said he'd try to get Leia to take over the family business.
>>
File: Wjdvrg1.jpg (62KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Wjdvrg1.jpg
62KB, 500x500px
>>43784963

I think the people we would call fedoralords treat a gun more like an accessory and go for whatever looks the most intimidating (like a Desert Eagle) or the most "sophisticated" (like a flintlock) when coming up with the appearances of their animu personas.
>>
>>43784867
>Spawn used an SMG, didn't he?
Spawn used fucking everything. SMG, Bazooka, Cape Chains and Axe. Think he even went toe to toe barefisted against a guy while fighting on the roof of an Ice Cream truck.
>>
>>43785039
Spawn was 90s and every weapon every crammed into a grimdark package.
>>
>>43781753
Dude, in Pathfinder a katana is a better version of the Falchion.

1d8, 18-20/x2, 2-handed martial, 1 hand exotic, and gives bonuses to coup de graces.
>>
>>43784835
Neither of which win wars, as our ongoing time wasting in Syria can attest.
>>
>>43785130
There are no words to describe just how new you are.
>>
>>43785142
Pretty sure you could end the war in Syria with some well-placed high-yield nuclear strikes.
>>
File: Terminator-2-judgement-day.jpg (34KB, 359x450px) Image search: [Google]
Terminator-2-judgement-day.jpg
34KB, 359x450px
>>43782338

>similar thing with sunglasses and leather trench coats.
>>
>>43782338
Claymores and two handed longswords are much easier to handle than you would think. It doesn't take a barbarian of super strength to wield one. You would also likely be half-swording with a claymore especially because it has that sweet, sweet hand grip above the hilt.
>>
>>43785181
Part of it I think is a bit of a misunderstanding of 'cool'. A lot of 'cool' characters tend to have a certain charisma, wit, intelligence, stoicism etc. The sunglasses, leather trench coats, katanas, oversized swords etc. of a lot of the earlier 'cool' characters were a bit of a mild multiplier, adding something distinct. However, some idiots missed that the reason they were cool was due to character, rather than aesthetic, and would often incorporate the surface elements. Yes, Arnie wears sunglasses, trenchcoats, camo, has a lot of big guns and a badass/funny accent, but he also has a certain understated wit, which is amusingly contrasted with the overblown nature of his characters' antics. Then some hack decides to incorporate the surface elements with nothing good to back it up with, and whether it's a negative association with pale imitations or just the result of those coolness multipliers being used zero or negative coolness.
>>
>>43785181
That's a biker jacket anon.
>>
>>43780423
have you played dark souls?

this is a joke don't take this seriously but seriously halberd #1
>>
>>43781078
>>43780931

scythes were one of the ancient assyrian's favourite weapons, utilised especially well in siege warfare and line breaching tactics.
>>
>>43780423
>halberds
>not suitable for dueling
Git gud
>>
>>43785440

Yeah but the visual aesthetic is similar enough. Mostly I was hoping someone would say something like what >>43785377 said.

A big part of the fedoralord look is people trying to imitate the superficial traits of badass characters.

The Terminator by all accounts would be an tryhard fedoralord type character. Sunglasses? Check. 2kool4skool punk jacket? Check. Violent, murderous behavior? Check

But it's still a wonderful character, because it was written by talented people and was played by someone who puts more personality in single performances than most actors can groom in their entire careers.
>>
File: 405-1-1409584843.png (1MB, 1313x551px) Image search: [Google]
405-1-1409584843.png
1MB, 1313x551px
What do you guys think about the twin blade? honestly have a hard time thinking how this actually works as a weapon.
>>
File: full[1].jpg (55KB, 600x563px) Image search: [Google]
full[1].jpg
55KB, 600x563px
>>43785560
>and was played by someone who puts more personality in single performances than most actors can groom in their entire careers.

I kek, is this a joke?

I love my Arnie, I he is a great comedian. I'm collecting all of his movies
>>
>>43785582
Have you never seen the end of The Phantom Menace?
>>
>>43780335
As someone trained in martial and stage combat, I can say that a rapier is actually formidable in that it's a very balanced and quick blade. Paired with a heavily armoured gauntlet or dagger, it makes for an extremely agile fighting style. Granted, match this up against anyone with any sort of shield or bludgeoning weapon and one could instantly render the rapier completely useless with one heavy connecting strike to the weapon.

I would thing the more neckbeard weapon would be the katana, a weapon that's really only good if you know how to swing one properly. If you don't understand kinetics, you're just an idiot with a curved piece of steel, though most weebo fucktards think that a katana can slice through anything like it's butter.
>>
>>43785615
Total gimmick weapon, maybe kill one guy through some cheap tricks, but the next guy will totally see it coming and defeat you despite having the tactically superior high ground.
>>
>>43785582
Just watch Darth Maul. Its used like a quarterstaff.
>>
File: mjolnir.jpg (80KB, 800x450px)
mjolnir.jpg
80KB, 800x450px
>>43780686
Dude, please. Lightsabers are weak sauce compared to mjolnirs. Dual-wielded mjolnirs.
>>
>>43785675
>Its used like a quarterstaff.
Except that you can only touch a tiny part of it, so it's not really used like a quarterstaff at all.
>>
>>43780335
ITT.
Meta autism thread.
>>
>>43785658
>The High Ground

Does somebody have a cap of that thread?
>>
File: alexander anderson.jpg (53KB, 800x471px) Image search: [Google]
alexander anderson.jpg
53KB, 800x471px
What about bayonets /tg/? is it fedora to purge the filthy non believers?
>>
>>43786022
I thought those were supposed to go on rifles, so you can spear blokes.
>>
>>43780711
Nigger, you sit yourself down RIGHT NOW and re watch Yoda's scenes in ESB.
Now, having watched them, tell me which is the most applicable of these phrases
1) watch out, Luke! If you get your limbs cut off, it reduces your force powerlevel!
2) did I ever tell you about my good friend Grievous? He found out from your father than spinning was a good trick.
3) luminous beings are we, not this crude matter
>>
>>43786220

Anderson uses them as knives, its supposed to be a metaphor for him being a a weapon of god or some bullshit like that.
>>
>>43786022
For the longest time I thought they were trowels, honestly
Some kind of psychotic catholic gardener
>>
>>43786255

That and they are old-school sword bayonets. They are designed to be used either way.
>>
File: feel the ill rhymes around you.jpg (30KB, 854x433px) Image search: [Google]
feel the ill rhymes around you.jpg
30KB, 854x433px
>>43786221

Reading this depresses the shit out of me because it forces me to remember just how badly the prequels ruined what Jedi and the Force were supposed to be.
>>
I had a very light crossbow and morning star on my wall as a kid. Both were pretty crappy, and probably nothing like them was ever used in combat. Certainly the only person likely to get hurt by them was me.

My grandparents had a musket and a calvary sword that both had seen action. I so wanted those.
>>
File: fight.gif (2MB, 479x266px)
fight.gif
2MB, 479x266px
>>43783833
>>43783804
If it's on a chain, is that more or less weeb?
>>
>>43786639
Nah, see, that's just a kama on a chain. A kama yari is a kama (the scythe bit) being used as a spearhead.
>>
>>43780462
Fedoracores still buy them.
>>
>>43786639
I can't think of any long chain weapons that aren't from china or japan. There are some rope, leather, or long flexible steel ones from europe, indonesia and india respectively. Probably because learning them is a real bitch.

>>43786692
Hard to see, but looked more like a kyoketsu-shoge to me. Also looks like that actor smacks himself in the back with it.
>>
>>43780819
>historical fact
More like assfacts. We got portugese manuals specifically dealing with two-hander use.
>>
File: 1445697511020.gif (2MB, 480x270px)
1445697511020.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>43784220
>mfw I have this exact same kukri machete
>>
File: goedendr.jpg (37KB, 526x328px) Image search: [Google]
goedendr.jpg
37KB, 526x328px
>Ctrl+F godendac
>0 results

What are you, French nobility under Count Robert II of Artois? Hah! Fags.
>>
Any exotic weapon where even using it requires skill (kusari whatevers etc)

>>43786744
4+4=8
>>
>>43782500
>Or the turks?
COMPOSITE RECURVE BOW

>french
Being loggerheaded

>german equivalent
KAMERADSCHAFT NO HOMO

>Iran
Anything pre-islamic is forbidden by the ruling caste, but Manchourem is wanking iranian ironworking something fierce in-country, I heard. So I'd guess that the people inspired by him will be going fully first movie Conan about IRANIAN IRON BETTER THAN STEEL
>>
>>43781821

>steeplechase
>4 foot

Nigga competitive standard horse steeplechase STARTS from 4 foots, upwards to 5 foot and half.

Power Jump competitions have obstacles over 6 foot
>>
>>43785181
But trenchcoats, fedoras, cigars and hand canons are the norm for pulpy 50's noire themed games

It's the genre
>>
>>43784384
They're cheap and they chop shit and dig up those goddamn bamboo shoots in my lawn like a boss. I honestly would not work as recklessly and efficiently with an actual nice one as I do with the cold steel one.
>>
File: 1394678262024.png (85KB, 492x280px)
1394678262024.png
85KB, 492x280px
>>43780606
>Meh, I have a mount of katanas in my room. >They're pretty and compliment my bookcase
>bookcase
>collection of manga
>>
>>43780569
Those would be pretty good against a knight in full plate armor, though, except the sabre. You could half sword a rapier to the same effect as a long sword and a small sword is the same deal.
>>
>>43785759
>Implying there's more than one Mjölner

As a Scandinavian, I am extremely triggered.
>>
I'm going to go ahead and say it, so everyone else doesn't have to. If you're not wielding a kopesh, you're a sperg-bergling autist, and should be drawn and quartered.
>>
>>43786906
>hand cannons
>the norm for pulpy 50's noir themed games

You get .38 Specials and you like it, goddamn it.
>>
>>43784199
>War scythes
>Mainly used by French peasants
>French peasants

That should tell you something.
>>
File: 9246f5d5dc97[1].jpg (171KB, 610x811px) Image search: [Google]
9246f5d5dc97[1].jpg
171KB, 610x811px
>>43787071
This. Also it'd look silly.
>>
>>43782090

OP has specified MEDIEVAL melee weapons.

You are the retard who gives his character gunpowder weapons on a medieval setting game right now.
>>
>>43780569
>knight in full plate
That thing that wasn't common or popular untill the handguns that almost immediately ended it's reign were also common and popular?
The handguns that were weilded by people with the instant predecesors of pattern cavalry sabres and civilian small swords?

I'm actually amazed fedoracores don't make their characters wear "full plate" under their trenchcoats.
>>
>>43783173

Spears are a whole class of arms by themselves.

Polearms can be thrust, swung, spun around and given a top hat so they can sing and dance, etc.

Spears, darts and javelins are for throwing or stabbing. You can use them for cutting, but this ain't Hellboy 2 and if you think you can use a spear like austist elf prince mcgee, then you are a retard because you forget how long the thing actually is and how the blade isn't designed for cutting.
>>
File: hulky mjolnir.jpg (55KB, 900x450px) Image search: [Google]
hulky mjolnir.jpg
55KB, 900x450px
>>43787071
If there's only one mjolnir, then how come Hulk has one? You can't explain that.
>>
>>43784384

They are cheap, they are hard and durable and they are a good camping tool. Yes, coldsteel stuff is heavy, but then again I for once have this thing called MUSCLES that make short work of heavy stuff.

I'm not spending $1000 for real nepalese forged kukri that I'll probably only use to chop wood for a fire. Go fuck yourself Fedoralord.
>>
>>43787556
>gonne
>not medieval

>>43787602
Comics are retarded, news at 27.
>>
>>43784481

Actually there was an effort to make Desert Eagles in .40, .45 and 10mm for law enforcement or military use.

But the gun had already developed a bad rep as a collectors item, so nobody showed interest over it. Even after they fixed the jamming and weight issues.
>>
>>43780423
Do you know anything about fighting? Anything at all?
>>
>>43784575
>>43784622

Actually AK and AR pistols are the new fedora weapons.

> MUH AR-PISTOL WITH SIG BRACE AND 100-ROUND MAG IN .50 BEOWULF CAN KILL ANYTHING!
>>
>>43780805
He did bring balance to the force. Before him there were thousands of light side force users and very few dark side, after him there were equal (few) amounts of both.

Balance doesn't equal the light side wins, just ask your local taoist.
>>
>>43781078
I feel Bloodlines was being extremely cheeky about it when they gave me a brush axe as a weapon.
Didn't expect less from the guys who also gave me a severed arm.
>>
>>43787602

TL;DR, Hulk has a thousand different personalities and a few of them are noble and good enough to lift Mjolnir.
>>
File: Shuriken.jpg (33KB, 738x417px) Image search: [Google]
Shuriken.jpg
33KB, 738x417px
Wait. I think I can top katanas, scythes, polearms and clawed fists.

Behold the shuriken. Used with perfect accuracy and skill, it causes a half inch of steel to penetrate the skin. MODERATELY WOUNDING the target.

You'd need to practise crazy hard to use throwing knives to s degree where they're a viable option in combat, and you could always go for another ranged option that didn't make you cut yourself trying to pick up your weapon.
Honestly you'd be better off throwing them into the floorboards and using them as caltrops.
>>
>>43787556
Then why he mentions a fucking rapier in his post?
Medieval had stopped being a thing two centuries before the invention of the rapier.
>>
>>43787672
>Honestly you'd be better off throwing them into the floorboards and using them as caltrops.
This is actually brilliant, so much so that I'd actually be surprised if this was never an actual thing. I mean, sure, it's a "for-a-given-situation" type of thing, but wow.
>>
>>43784198
All "ninja" weapons are gardening tools (kama, kusarigama, kunai, nunchaku, sai, manriki-gusari, shuko are all gardening, harvesting or sowing tools) or spy shit (grinded glass-filled eggs, poisoned food, bladed/spiked fans).

Either ninja were really that good at hiding in plain sight, or they were just asshole peasants who became legend.
>>
>>43787768
You could also just use caltrops that can be deployed en masse instead of one by one flicking them loudly into the floor.

Unless I'm mixing my facts up, no military uses even throwing knives, let alone stars. They're a trickshooter's hobby. Not a weapon.
>>
>>43784927
Good goys are allowed big weapons when the bad guy is a motherfucking Predator.
>>
>>43787681
>Middle Ages ended 1453-1492
>rapier started about 1500

How is that 200 years to you?
>>
>>43785609
Judging by how many people have failed to depict "stoic murder machine" at least half as well as he did...
No, it's not a joke.
Arnie, Stallone, Van Damme, Seagal, etc. May not be good dramatic actors but they're great character actors. The characters they play become icons even if the plot was shit.
>>
>>43787769
>All "ninja" weapons are gardening tools
Actually, anon, most of what you posted are weapons found in Kobu-do, which originated in southern lands of Japan by people, not ninja, who found themselves having to defend against petty samurai.
You also forgot the boat oar, and that the sai was a variation of the jitte.
/weapon sperging
>>
>>43780335
>Hanwei Practical Rapier
TRIGGERED
>>
>>43781821
>A horse knows that it will be terribly injured, probably break its leg, if it crashes into a human
Anon, properly training a horse means overriding the horse's self preservation instincts in order to obey the rider.
If you have a horse that WON'T charge down an object, heedless to it's own safety, you have a shit horse that no rider would use.
>>
>>43787787
Don't Russians have those one-shot spring loaded knives? Not thrown, precisely, but a projectile knife.
>>
>>43787848
This is pretty much why the great action movies of the 80's are dead.
No one got that while the stars were awful drama actors, the characters they played eclipsed them to become legends in their own right, to the point where now those same actors are in movies where they pastiche their own legends of yonder days (and they aren't half bad).
>>
File: 1386776609303.jpg (47KB, 523x784px) Image search: [Google]
1386776609303.jpg
47KB, 523x784px
>>43780834
You idiots baffle me.

You realise EVERY SINGLE ONE of those halberd users had a sword as well right? How is a deadly, versatile weapon carried by everyone from common archer to king a status symbol?

Swords are not some super expensive weapon of the nobility after the early middle ages ended.
>>
>>43787672
Only in movies and anime, anon.
Irl, shuriken come in any shape you want, there are existing martial arts held over from the Sengoku that practice shuriken-jitsu, and in those, they are treated as an toolkit option, not a primary way to kill someone (which is by polearm or archery).
>>
>>43787903
Never heard of that, but it sounds pretty neat.
>>
>>43787787
Military knives are balanced for throwing just in case, because sometimes you never fucking know.
>>43787903
Spetnaz had knives that had a single bullet in them, iirc, but they weren't commonly used.
>>
>>43780681
underrated post. Oya Mando'ade.
>>
>>43782908
0 if you don't think its the ultimate weapon and don't buy into the myth of swords being there to make people look rich and important.

>>43785182
A longsword is actually easier to use than a one handed sword generally.
>>
>>43787937

> For at least 1000 years and even before that everyone carried some kind of sword
> For the lowliest peasant to the highest king
> "Swords are only a symbol of nobility, nobody used them"
> Said every Polearm fag ever.
>>
>>43787608
>I'm not spending $1000 for real nepalese forged kukri

I think they cost like 300 or less.
>>
>>43787993
It should be telling that anybody who could afford one carried one. And by the High Middle Ages a soldier could afford several cheap swords a week if he really wanted them.

What gets me are people who think the mace is a better weapon than the sword in general, not just in the specific situation where your opponent is covered in armour. Hell I have even seen people claim bloody wooden clubs are more deadly than swords.
>>
>>43788033
>bloody wooden clubs
Look's like it worked.
>>
>>43787672
Shurikens aren't supposed to be deadly (unless coated with poison, in which case you have to be even MORE careful when grabbing it). They are only efficient in ninja movies and the like.
Their real purpose is to give pursuers something to think about. Throw one or two at somebody's face and they'll slow down, giving you time more time to run away and/or hide. Or maybe you'll get lucky and actually cut somebody with it, which might slow them down even more.
>>
>>43788033
It's all rooted in the same feeling. Any implement or tactic that can supposedly defeat a man-at-arms with full armor and a sword will be lionised as the great social equaliser of the middle ages that clearly rendered those stupid knights obsolete.

That and wanting to be different from all those other guys with normal weapons.
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 480x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 480x900px
>>43780335
The Thompson submachine gun.
>>
File: 1431832351078.jpg (28KB, 329x244px) Image search: [Google]
1431832351078.jpg
28KB, 329x244px
>>43788033
>What gets me are people who think the mace is a better weapon than the sword in general
>>
File: 1443888094692.png (642KB, 528x710px) Image search: [Google]
1443888094692.png
642KB, 528x710px
>>43788221
>>
>>43784729
A kama is the small one you're thinking of. The prefix "kama" means that it's attached to a polearm, so a kamayari is a much larger weapon than a regular kama.
>>
>>43788221
I kind of want to play a tommy gun wielding gangster now.
It would have to be the right time period though, apparently they're kind of shit.
>>
>>43788240
I am pretty damn sure I didn't spoiler that.
>>
File: support.jpg (14KB, 261x195px)
support.jpg
14KB, 261x195px
>>43788221
>>
>>43788250
>they're kind of shit.
>>
For modern times how about the Barrett 50 cal sniper rifle?

Beloved of Call of Duty fans as a laser accurate gun with the range of a battleship cannon that you can 420 noscope tanks with.

Realistically is it any good? Antitank rifles seem to have been pretty well outclassed by missiles nowadays.

Nerds of a certain vintage may substitute "AWP"
>>
File: Maza_de_armas.jpg (29KB, 101x430px) Image search: [Google]
Maza_de_armas.jpg
29KB, 101x430px
>>43788233
A sword is absolutely more versatile than a mace; it's possibly the most versatile weapon in existence. All other melee weapons pretty much exist to fulfill a specific purpose very well, or, in some cases, like with axes and the kopis, mix a bit of the versatility of a sword with another specific weapon. A mace is one such specialized weapon, being good at crushing hard objects, like armor, and heads. A flanged mace (pic related) also has the benefit of leaving relatively deep gashes, like what an axe does.
>>
>>43788279
It's good for defending encampments and such, but the 308 is better for patrols and whatnot.
>>
>>43788307
>and heads
I hear humans need these.
>>
>>43788279
They're not as accurate as many people believe them to be. I believe it's about a 1.5 to 2 inch spread per 100 yards. It's no custom bolt action, but it definitely does the job at range especially against hard targrts. You're not going to punch a tank, but if you need to take out a light vehicle, shoot through some medium barricades, or just put the fear of God into some soft targets, its hard to beat. Keep in mind, a single .50 bmg round will run about 2 bucks, a single at4 rocket is 1400. If you're looking for a high accuracy, Mike and a half first round hit, modern warfare 2 had it right. Cheytac. Google that shit
>>
>>43788273
Perhaps it was when compared to a modern firearm? I don't really /k/ at all. Just remember hearing it in some documentary or other.
>>
>>43788279
There's no such thing as an antitank rifle anymore. Tanks are too well armoured to take on with anything short of a rocket. The Barrett 50 cal is an anti-materiel rifle, which means it's made to turn your fancy radio equipment or light vehicle into swiss cheese from a mile away. It works great against important personnel as well.

>>43788389
The drum magazines were pretty shit. That might be what you heard.
>>
>>43788184
Well I do not even slightly understand that attitude, reeks of people being butthurt that the rich people were also the best at fighting through most of history.

>>43788329
You would rather be hit with a mace than a sword believe me. Neither is very fun obviously but you are less likely to die from the mace.
>>
Swords was actually expensive, unless you go for those cheap unbalanced big knifes. Not that it was useless, it was a nice piece of craftsmanship that was well balanced and quite durable that had it share of human blood but the lack of range compared to spears made it a sideweapon (how would you use a sword when against a line of shield wielding conscripts with another line of spear/polearm wielding guys behind it poking you?). By the time it got cheaper rapier/smallsword were preferable for being lighter, the first one being useful in combats due to it's length and the later preferable in more social/urban environment due to being shorter and thus less clumsy.

In the other hand, I've seem some manuals by Masters of Defense (not George Silver, IIRC, he loved backswords) that states the advantages of a polearm in duels.

In the end, sword vs spear vs polearm depends a lot on TPO.

Regarding guns, I think FN P50 is the most fedoralord SMG around.
>>
>>43788442
No I agree that I'd rather have a sword than a mace any time, I'm just stating that other melee weapons pretty much existed to perform specialized purposes extremely well, rather than having the versatility of a sword. A sword is pretty much your best friend in any combat situation, though.
>>
>>43780335
German longswords, because you can't bring up swords these days without some faggot going
>HALFSWORD
>MORDHAU
>HALBSCHWERT
every goddamn thread.
>>
>>43788477
>by the time it got cheaper

In the 1300's, 150+ years before the rapier a common soldier could buy several swords a week on his wages.

And a rapier is the same weight or heavier than an arming sword/backsword/sidesword. The smallsword is not really relevant here, too late.
>>
>>43788279
>substitute AWP
The AI AWM and AWP are exceptionally accurate rifles, and afaik the longest-range confirmed kill was made with one.
>>
File: crecy 5.jpg (278KB, 750x1178px)
crecy 5.jpg
278KB, 750x1178px
>>43781705
>Longbows are the ranged equivalent of the katana
Not if you're RPing as pic related.
>>
>>43788543
Daily reminder that muh yeomen, muh longbows folded over 10,000 times were beaten by actual french peasants armed with clubs. It's literally the english katana.
>>
>>43780611
>longbow
>melee weapon
>>
>>43788567
>implying we didn't deploy teams of longbowmen in ww2 to counter German armour
>implying the longbow couldn't punch through the upper-glacis of a king tiger at close range.
Ever wonder why Nazi Germany never bothered conquering Bongland? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Sheepshaggers and their longbows of destruction.
>>
File: crecy 6.jpg (257KB, 750x1176px) Image search: [Google]
crecy 6.jpg
257KB, 750x1176px
>>43788567
Are you french?
>>
File: 1438364578912.gif (2MB, 390x277px) Image search: [Google]
1438364578912.gif
2MB, 390x277px
>>43780611
>longbow
>melee weapon
>>
>>43788525
Interesting, I'm no historian so my knowledge is that by that time the bulk of the "army" was composed of conscript freemen with occasional mercenaries and that this bulk were often not well paid or even being simply forced by the authority of their liege. I believe the mercenaries received enough to indeed buy a sword, though. More over, using a sword is not as easy as a spear, and it requires strong wrists which most likely these conscripts did not have, so I don't think they would spend their earnings on a true sword, maybe the aforementioned knifes though (like grosse messers).

Regarding backswords, terms get fuzzy sometimes but the backswords I know are simple basket-hilted sword, without the reach of a rapier.
>>
>>43787608
You can get a genuine kukri for like 50-70 dollars you cheap fuck.

The cold steel version is also lighter compared to real kukris you fucking retard,
>>
>>43788389
The Tommy Gun is heavy, complicated, and expensive. The drum magazine was known to malfunction, but that doesn't make it any more shit than most other drum magazines at the time.

It is, however, not a bad gun. It's quite a good gun, in fact. And whenever someone says a particular gun is bad, they're usually talking out of their ass, unless they're talking about some workshop-produced Chinese knockoff. And even those could have a decent amount of quality.

Usually when a gun receives a bad reputation, it's because of surrounding factors. Bad manufacture by third parties, uneducated users attributing their own failing to the weapon, the weapon being simply unsuited to the role it's being pressed into service for, just some design quirk that puts people off, or it being the first to apply its particular technology.

Most people who want to talk about "bad guns" are fedora-wearing armchair gunsmiths who don't know the first thing about firearms history.
>>
>>43788442
>Neither is very fun obviously but you are less likely to die from the mace.
Citation needed
>>
>>43788518
LANDSKNECHTE DOPPELSÖLDNER BIDENHÄNDEN SVÄRDSTAV
>>
>>43787907
All those guys are also self-made men. Arnie? Came to America when he had already achieved what most people would consider a top of the line achievement, made himself a millionaire in a year, and THEN started acting. Took him ten years to move beyond Hercules in New York and various bit parts.

Stallone? A porn actor, right up until he wrote, directed, and starred in Rocky. Only one of the most legendary movies ever. Suggested turning Rambo into a franchise.

Van Damme and Seagal are smalltime compared to these dudes, but still wildly succesful in their own right, accomplishing over and over the kind of stuff most people would be happy to see once in their lifetimes.

But people just kind of assume that they're big, meathead idiots who got where they are because of smart directors and producers.
>>
>>43788675
>Usually when a gun receives a bad reputation, it's because of surrounding factors.
Or being the sort of weapon that makes it into this book I've got somewhere called 'The World's Worst Weapons - From Exploding Guns to Malfunctioning Missiles'.
>>
>>43788654
In England at least the Statute of Winchester meant every freeman was required to own weapons. Anybody who had enough land to be required to own a bow was also required to own a sword and a knife.

A 'true sword' can cost a few pence by this time. Won't be fancy but it will do the job. A gross messer still needs a blade the size of a sword one tempered to not be shit, its not significantly cheaper.

As for armies feudal service was only 40 days for everyone from freeman farmer up to Duke, after that the king has to start paying them or they will go home. It was common among the English at least for a lord to contract with the king to provide a certain number of infantry, longbowmen and men at arms for a campaign.
>>
>>43788675
What about L85/SA80 remade by H&K? I've heard they're shitty rifles, at least relative to it's price.

>>43788707
forgot ZWEIHÄNDER
>>
>>43787909
This.

The average Medieval citizen in these parts carried a small sword for every day defense purposes. Not the wealthy, not the soldiers, but the average citizen.
>>
>>43788686
You want a citation for the fact having a broken ulna is less lethal than having your limb cut off or sliced open down to the bone?

How about the fact broken ribs are less lethal than having a sword thrust through your torso?

The sharpness of a sword is a huge force multiplier when it comes to how much it can damage a body. Even if you survive the fight large open wounds are often a death sentence with medieval medicine.
>>
>>43788731
Yes, Anon, which is why I said "usually", and not "always".
>>
>>43788733
Thanks for giving me something to go read about.
Anyway, it was never my intention to shit on swords, it has it's pros and cons, just as spears and polearms. So I don't think they can, as a whole, be qualified as fedoralord weapons.

Another weapon that just came to my mind as one of those overrated ones are the Kusarigamas and Katar daggers.
>>
>>43780692
>playing Highlander
>rapiers
>Highlander, where you have to cut the guy's head off to win
>with a rapier
You were a dumb fucking kid.
>>
File: 1911custom.jpg (95KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1911custom.jpg
95KB, 600x450px
>>43787632
Have any went full Naked Snake over their weapons?
>>
>>43788797

You seem like a pretty well-balanced adult.
>>
>>43780335
Thank god no one has said anything about duster knives, love those things
>>
>>43788809
Touche.
>>
>>43788221
/thread
>>
>>43788776
>hurdur medieval medicine

And you were doing so well until you said that, too.

This is a bit of a bug up my butt, really. People like to cite medieval medicine as being magically worse than what came before and after it, but that's simply not true. They were about as competent as you'd expect for the age, and the biggest bullshit story people like to talk about when it comes to ye olde medicine (that is, bloodletting) was practiced throughout antiquity up until the 19th century.

In fact, if you want to see horrible medicine, the 19th century is a good place to go. Quaks cutting out bladder stones? You got it. Doctors flat out refusing to wash their hands between autopsy and surgery or baby delivery? Check. Mesmerism? Yup.
>>
>>43788636
An unstrung longbow can cause some fuckin brootal welts if swung with sufficient force.
I'm sure a dominatrix with a longbow could effortlessly bruise the arse of a knight in a full nightgown with a single horizontal swipe.
>>
>>43788733
What factor did contribute to the reduced cost of sword manufacturing? I thought it only became cheaper after the advent of blast furnaces, that allowed bigger chunks of quality steel to be made much easier than before.
>>
File: 1323201678586.jpg (34KB, 450x590px) Image search: [Google]
1323201678586.jpg
34KB, 450x590px
>>43788822
Quality post.
>>
>>43788849
The 19th century was also the only time a surgeon was recorded to have a 300% mortality rate in one of his operations.
>>
>>43788869
Ditto.
>>
>>43788849
You could have not made assumptions you know.

I was talking about the fact large open wounds are a huge infection risk before modern medicine.
>>
>>43788849
>medieval medicine wasn't very good
>no it was as good as you would expect of a medieval society
I'm not sure what your point is here.
>>
>>43788865
the rediscovery of shaft mining and watermills
>>
>>43788031

Still not spending all that just so I can stroke my dick at night thinking "Wow, I got a real nepalese Kukri, I'm so not a pleb"
>>
>>43788900
thanks
>>
Let's see if I can start some fights with my book of World's Worst Weapons. Approx. 150 of the worst military inventions ever.

Personal Weapons

Nunchaku
Shuriken/Throwing Stars
Sabre-Briquet
Fintlock Sword/Pistol
.36 Adams Revolver
Colt Revolving Carbine
Le Mat Grapeshot Revolver
Springfield Mdl. 1873
Apache Pistol
Mauser C/96
Mars Pistol
Ross Rifle
Glisenti Mdl. M1910
Handgun Bayonets
Chauchat MG
Pistole Mitragliatrice Vilar-Perosa M15
Nambu 94
Anti-Tank Rifles (in general)
CZ38
Panzerbusche Tear Gas AT Ammo
The Northover Projector
Invasion Pikes
Sten Mk 2
Furrer MP41/44
Bazooka
Type 100 SMG
Browning M1919A6
PIAT
Krummlauf
AK47
Makarov Pistol
Early versions of the M16
M60
Samopal 62 Skorpion
Gyrojet Pistol
M73/M219
Tasers
Early versions of the SA80
Extendable Batons
>>
>>43781753
For what it's worth I actually read this and thought it was a clever subversion of the old copypasta.

Well done mate.
>>
>>43788031
Shit are they really that much?
I fucking ruined one my grandparents gifted me trying to polish it without knowing what I was doing. I feel goddamned terrible now.
>>
>>43788729
You forgot to mention that Arnie was literally born in famine and poverty in a wartorn country, and whatever education he recieved during his early years amounts to a drunk austrian saying "Then the Nazis had everything figured out. THEN THE AMERICANS FUCKED EVERYONE"

The man pratically learned to read in the army when he was 18 years old.
>>
>>43788898
Then you should have worded it like that. Infection was a huge risk right up until WWII. It has less to do with medieval medicine, and more with infection being a thing. Basically, you seem to imply medieval medicine is the culprit, instead of infection risk.

In short, if you don't want me to assume, don't imply.
>>
>>43787556

The medieval period lasted nearly a thousand years, 5th through 15th century as I recall, gunpowder weapons were in use in the last couple centuries of that.
>>
>>43788930

Half those weapons are actually stated to be the best weapons of their time.

Are you saying they are fedora weapons or that they are bad weapons? Or is this bait?

Halp
>>
>>43788995
That's what's in this book I've got, 'The World's Worst Weapons'.
>>
>>43788930
>AK 47
>Chauchat
>M60

Nigger, it's not easy to start a fight when you're plainly talking shit. And dumb shit, at that.
>>
>>43788974
That drunk Austrian wasn't wrong, though.
>>
File: reaver-cleaver-new.png (39KB, 1021x155px) Image search: [Google]
reaver-cleaver-new.png
39KB, 1021x155px
>>43780335

For neckbeards etc, the Katana or Rapier would probably do the trick.
As for myself, the pic related is the way to go.
>>
>>43788930
>bazooka
>dumb idea

where the hell do you think TOW missiles came from?
>>
>>43789021
Let me pull up the criticism from those pages.
AK47: Recoil unpleasant, Cocking handle on wrong side, counterintuitive fire selector switch, low accuracy

Chauchat: Violent recoil, rimmed round unsuited to full-auto, jams often, poor machining, tiny magazine.

M60: Changing barrels difficult and requires asbestos glove, intolerant of dirt, jams easily. It's improved a lot, however.
>>
>>43789077
The bazooka itself isn't very good, though. Mainly because of the giant backblast cone that tells everyone right where you are.
>>
In modern settings, is the FN P90 a fedora's firearm of choice?
>>
File: angry techpriest noises.png (111KB, 1518x356px) Image search: [Google]
angry techpriest noises.png
111KB, 1518x356px
>>43789078
RIFLE IS FINE
>>43789085
it still allows an infantry soldier to take on a tank without any support if absolutely needed. just the threat of it prevents a tank from rolling right up to an infantry soldier and squashing them under their tracks. it might not have been the best, but they worked with what they got.
>>
>>43789126
>it still allows an infantry soldier to take on a tank
It bounces off. 60mm a shit.

AK74 far superior, 47 should be junked.
>>
>>43789140
you don't aim for the front of the tank dumbass, you hit the sides or rear.

it's am area denial weapon, designed to prevent tanks from doing whatever the fuck they want to to infantry when infantry doesn't have support as well as making urban warfare exceedingly dangerous to tanks. if a tank enters a city you fucking waste him with a bazooka shot from behind.
>>
>>43789172
>you hit the sides or rear.
And then it bounces off. Because it's shit. Dump it, grab a German Panzerfaust.
>>
>>43788930
>military inventions
>nunchaku
>taser
>>
>>43789195
that relies on there being a panzerfaust around for you to grab.
shockingly, that might not be the case, you are thus left with a sticky bomb that has a habit of sticking to you and not the tank with 15mm of pen or an anti-tank rifle.

it wasn't the best, but they worked with what they got, liked the idea, and ran wild with it.

besides, the m1 bazooka 76mm of pen, the m9 bazooka. 102mm of pen, the m20 super bazooka 280mm of pen. where did this 60mm of pen come from? HEAT warheads don't depend on the speed they hit (to a degree, you still need some speed for the warhead to go off) so pen over distance doesn't degrade.
>>
>>43788930
>Nunchaku
>Throwing Stars

I hate to be the weeb defender here but neither of those were meant to be weapons in a straight-up battle, neither were they military. Nunchucks are what they are because they could be easily made in a time of weapon prohibitions and could be concealed or disguised.
Shuriken were not intended to be used as a lethal weapon, they were basically a sort of pocket sand that you would throw at people to distract them in a fight or make them back off while you run away as well as being a makeshift dagger you could conceal in one hand.
>>
>>43788739
>>43788707
The synonyms are strong with these posts
>>
I think the thread is going off road, it was supposed to be about weapons overrated by some people, mostly as a result of pop culture influence. Katana being the heavenly sword that cuts through tank armor being the most notorious example. It's not about bad weapons.

>>43789253
I agree with you, but they're relevant to the thread. There's a ton of people that believes ancient japanese shadow warriors were capable of using shurikens to easily dispatch armored samurais, so it qualifies as fedoralord weapon.
>>
>>43788739
The first versions of the SA80 were pretty bad and would always jam, the more modern actually work ok. Not really sure about the price but the whole thing is kinda weird for some of the special forces don't like using the SA80 like I think SAS prefers the m16 or m4 (which ever one it is).
>>
>>43789078
>minor complaints
>worst weapons ever

Who the fuck wrote this book?
>>
>>43789085
Welcome to missile. It's either that or not having enough portable firepower to stop tanks from loling as they roll all over you and your mates.
>>
>>43789282
True but you could say the same of any weapon with a Japanese name.
>>
>>43789327
The "bipod is welded to a barrel that has no quick-changing handle or -mechanism, we sure hope you haven't lost that glove"-issue of the M60 was so bad that even the commies laughed about it.
>>
Probably an ass creed style wrist blade or an arm blade like pic related
>>
>>43789415
It's one bad design feature in a gun that's otherwise perfectly OK. It doesn't make it one of the worst weapons in the world.
>>
>>43788930
>Ross rifle
As terrible as they were, they had more range than the Le Einfield ones.
>AK-47
I'm assuming this is meme. This better be a joke. The pre-A1 M16s jamming in Vietnam deserve a spot more than the AK-47.
>>
>>43789452
>>43789441
I'm pretty sure its just a bait book with one of those misleading titles.
>>
>>43789245
It's a 60mm diameter barrel you dip.
>>
>>43789452
*the early M16s jamming in Vietnam are deserving of this list, the AK-47 isn't
My wording sucks.
>>
>>43789452
The Ross rifle wasn't terrible. It was a sporting gun turned into a frontline weapon. The problem was that it could be reassembled wrongly after cleaning, which is more likely to happen in combat situations.
>>
>>43789319
So all the talk about it's early iteration being shitty was not a myth afterall, thanks for clarifying.

>>43789399
Well, for one Naginatas are excellent weapons that I don't remember being featured on any pop culture or being overrated by fedoras.
>>
>>43789468
It alternates between legit rubbish like the Apache pistol (knuckleduster+knife+barrel-less revolver), Project Pluto, Goat Staring, and the Sizaire-Berwick Armoured Car (no armour on the engine at all), and shit like that.
>>
>>43780654
From the little I know zweihanders were actually used as a response to polearm formations by specialized forces, although there's no evidence of their effectiveness or lack thereof.
>>
>>43789078
These sound like compants made by a strange time traveller accustomed to futuristic weapon systems would make.
>Why doesn't my WWI M1911 have a nuclear powered laser sight?
>This Musket of mine doesn't fire 10x24 Caseless Explosive bullets!
>>
File: images.jpg (2KB, 140x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2KB, 140x90px
>>43789511
>go to look up apache pistol
>what the..
WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU MAKE THIS
>>
>>43789527
The Chauchat using rimmed ammo in a 20-round mag is kind of dumb.
>>
>>43789488
I'm sure fedoras don't want to use a weapon associated with women, even if that's the more recent association.
>>
File: 'armoured' car.jpg (15KB, 280x156px) Image search: [Google]
'armoured' car.jpg
15KB, 280x156px
>>43789541
The Sizare-Berwick is even worse. This thing is meant to get shot at.
>>
>>43789541

So you could punch, stab and shoot someone.

DUH.

To be fair those saw a lotta use as "holdout" guns for presidential bodyguards.

The kinda thing you stuff in a pocket. The knuckle duster and knife probably saw a lotta use, the gun was mostly a "in case my other gun runs out" thing
>>
>>43789480
Given it's WWI performance in the mud, it wasn't suited there. Even them, I hear that snipers preferred it.
>>
>>43789564
The knife is too flimsy for proper stabbing use. It only really works as a knuckle duster with a big lump of shit in the middle.
>>
>>43789564
yeah I don't really buy that you could just have the brass knuckles/knife on one hand and the pistol in the other
>>
>>43789564
>>43789576
Oh, and if you try to gun while the knife is folded up, you cut your fingers.
>>
>>43789541
Because European gun fashion was dictated by making a gun easily concealable, and easy to carry. They were all marketed as personal defense weapons that fit easily into vest pockets. That's also why they often use small calibres.

>>43789548
It uses that round because it was the standard in the French military, so from that perspective it's actually kind of smart.
>>
>>43788930
>Bazooka
How the fuck else are you gonna inexpensively annoy Godzilla?
>>
>>43789584

Again anon, it's a "I spent all my bullets and I need something so this is better than nothing"

It's like the knife is a swiss army knife. It's useless except for cutting your finger while messing with it. If you wanted to stab someone you'd use a bigger knife

But still you have that knife in there with you, in case you are fighting a big robot brain that an arsenal of vivisectors, brainial beams, and a rather nasty WooEEEOooWooEEEOoo ray that can make your atoms do a happy dance, who happens to pulverize your other knife, so you turn to the little useless one.
>>
>>43789470
60mm diameter barrel =/= 60mm of pen.
where that true, than HEAT warheads fired today from tanks would have what, 120mm of pen?
that's bullshit and you know it.
>>
>>43789576
>>43789584

> Arguing agaisnt historical facts.

Theodore Roosevelt's bodyguards carried those. Google it.

Fucking shitlords.
>>
File: 1282844449152.png (497KB, 671x891px) Image search: [Google]
1282844449152.png
497KB, 671x891px
>>43789576
>>43789603
Look, nignog, you're basically complaining that a fashion item wasn't designed with Vulcan logic. Give it a rest.
>>
File: Unknown-3.jpg (11KB, 208x242px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown-3.jpg
11KB, 208x242px
>>43789640
> a big robot brain that an arsenal of vivisectors, brainial beams, and a rather nasty WooEEEOooWooEEEOoo ray that can make your atoms do a happy dance

Who's the smoothskin? You're the smoothskin!
>>
>>43789641
>60mm of pen.
I never said that. I said 60mm a shit.

>>43789656
That's because they were the least-needed bodyguards in history, because Teddy himself could kill the assassins.
>>
>>43789699
>>43789656
Yeah teddy is not a good example the dude got shot and didn't give a shit.
>>
>>43789699
>>43789708

Doesn't mitigate the fact that you two are trying to argue agaisnt something that happened.

It's like saying cannons are stupid and therefor nobody ever used them despiste pirates and shit.
>>
>>43789699
>>43789708
Of course, the same guy considered that weapon perfectly adequate. So you going to argue with Teddy?
>>
>>43789751
I can't help but notice the Moose never using one himself.

>>43789739
We're not saying it didn't get used, we're saying it was a stupid idea that never should have made it off the sketchpad.
>>
File: racial weapons.jpg (55KB, 600x600px)
racial weapons.jpg
55KB, 600x600px
>>43782654
>>
>>43789699
alright, let's go down fantasy land and assume that the m1a1 bazooka has only 60mm of pen, still useless right?

say, how much side armour does the PZIV have? 30mm? oh...

what about the might Panther? 50mm tops, if it's a later model? oh dear...

what about the invincible Tiger? only 60mm? oh shit...

well bugger me sideways, it seems as if even if we drop 16mm of pen from it, the m1a1 bazooka is still able to do it's job more or less right. only the tiger stands a real chance against it side on and even then that's a chance i wouldn't want to bet my life on if i was a tank commander.
>>
>>43789751

The man was tough, I'd give him that. Brilliant even, but I'll say that out of all presidents, he didn't have the best decision making skills.

Like that time he went to Europe and forgot his dog. Then decided that the best way to go back and get his doge was to unexpectedly show in in a US Destroyer and almost start a war.
>>
>>43789751
>>43789739
meh, I just think the gun looks like shit and that there are better choices.
>>
>>43789772
There was a French Super Sentai parody where one of the team fought with a "laser baguette". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEf9unzJhr4
>>
>>43789782
You know that slanting armor makes things bounce off, right?
>>
>>43789782
You know damn well it depends on where you hit the tiger. the front has around 100MM of armour and the sides have 80mm.
>>
>>43789855
well yeah, but the Panzer IV, Panther, and Tiger were not known for their amazing side armour slanting. hell of the 3 only the Panther had any sort of slanting going on and that was in the front.

>>43789887
I kept running into sources that said 60mm this morning, dead tired right now and i couldn't recall off the top of my head. that's still pretty bad when you consider that Tigers on the western front were rare as fuck.
>>
>>43789945
i correct myself, the Panzer IV and the Panther did have it on the turret, but if my memory isn't totally failing me, the armour was even less on the turret side than it was on the hull
>>
>>43789945
well there are reports of bazooka kills on tigers but its pretty hard to kill them. Even then I think the panzershrek was alot better than the bazooka but that's because they actually needed them against those big ass Russian tanks.
>>
>>43790011
yeah, the Panzerschreck was designed as an improved copy, it was going to be better without a doubt as it learned from the Bazooka's mistakes.
>>
>>43789855
Slopes do not stop shaped charges that way, you cannot bounce a jet of superheated copper.
>>
>>43780335

Well since fedoras are associated with atheism and the superiority complex often associated with it, I would presume that no weapon is the most "fedora" melee weapon, on the logic that superior intelligent types would look down their noses at uncivilized barbarism
>>
>>43790102
>this is what non-materials scientists believe
Try harder.
>>
>>43790136
>superheated copper can bounce
Explain
Sloping armour increases the effective thickness, but afaik a shaped-charge jet cannot ricochet.
>>
>>43790243
Magnets. On approach we induce an opposing magnetic field, slowing the jet. The field is perpendicular to the surface, and the jet is moving through it at an angle. F=qvxB, so there's a torque on the jet.
>>
>>43787581
For example, chinese spear techniques make a broad use of cutting and sweeping motions.
Not every spear is a pike, not every halberd is your standard medieval model, and not every sword is a german longsword. When will people learn?
>>
>>43790267
that's great, but irrelevant to the Bazooka.
>>
>>43780335

Your rapier doesn't have a point.

And neither do you... I think at the moment there really isn't a fedora weapon of choice. You could say messer, I suppose, but who really uses those in most RPGs? And the ones who do aren't usually neckbeards. The neckbeards just bring them up a lot on threads like this. I've seen lots of neckbeards as legolas-style gritty antihero archers, for some reason, but also some of the best players I play with.

Yeah Katana used to be a fedora weapon. But refuting that cliche has itself become cliche. Indeed, many people go overboard and say the katana is a shitty sword (and are just as wrong as the people saying it's a superweapon). If anything, the fedoras are all reading John Clements and watching Matt Easton and spouting HEMA/ARMA stuff instead. Which is a vast improvement.

So, no fedora weapons at the moment. Insofar as I can tell, the neckbeard tropes nowadays are out-of-game movements like being either SJWs or virulently anti-SJW.
>>
>>43790136
Are you the same person on /k/ who bitches about 'shot traps' on modern tanks even though modern AP ammo goes too fast for those to be relevant.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (668KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
668KB, 2560x1440px
>>43790280

I'd say you are right, but given that I could probably win agaisnt you in an armwrestling duel, I hereby declare myself the winner of this argument and also declare that everything you just said is complete trash.

Now, care for some steak and some eggs? Maybe some beer?
>>
>>43790599
>arm wrestling
>honourless strength-sport filled with and won by wrist-twisting shenanigans
Log-press is the true measure of honourable strength.
>>
>>43790599
I don't really get the point, but I guess you can't just refuse a steak, mh? But really, I don't get what you are trying to say.
>>
>>43790683
I believe you mean caber tossing is the true measure of honorable strenght, and honorable resistance to cold when you are wearing noting else than a green and red skirt.
>>
>>43790683
You should check this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TtjBvDvnns&list=FLKxv-LoIEZ1ohmk3P4RV0Fw&index=77

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwI7ASDYcro

It's pure strength now dude.
>>
>>43790710
>>43790683

How about we come to a compromise?

First we armwrestle each other, while pressing the logs, then we toss said logs away? We must also wear kilts, and have plenty of wenches to feed us steaks and beer while at it.

Sounds manly enough, who is with me?
>>
>>43790750

You have my sword.
>>
>>43790750
>>43790772
And my bow
>>
File: Axe Phoenix Body Spray.jpg (75KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Axe Phoenix Body Spray.jpg
75KB, 1000x1000px
>>43790772
>>43790793
>>43790750
AND MY AXE!
>>
>>43788477
>a line of shield wielding conscripts

Fucking hell people, I thought we were past this.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4927x3283px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4927x3283px
>>43788930
>Extendable batons

I take it you never heard the sound of two constables preparing to restore the Queen's peace, yes?
>>
>>43790969
>using chemical weapons in a honourable fight
>>
File: batman emerges from vent.png (127KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
batman emerges from vent.png
127KB, 500x282px
>>43790772
>>43790793
>>43790969
Can't say didn't see that coming
>>
>>43791924
It was the perfect occasion, how could I resist.
Thread posts: 359
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.