[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay fa/tg/uys, now that the dust had long settled, what is the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 11

File: Taurox a.jpg (139KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Taurox a.jpg
139KB, 1600x900px
Okay fa/tg/uys, now that the dust had long settled, what is the verdict on this thing?

>Asthetics
>game usefullness

Im revamping my IG for the coming damocles sup and i noticed these are cheaper than chimeras and have better dakka. Wat do?
>>
I think they're cute.

Chim's got better dakka though.
>>
>Aesthetics

As long as they're converted to have wheels instead of tracks, they look perfectly fine, even nice. Your specific example looks even better than ones I've seen before.

>Game usefulness

I don't actually play, sorry.
>>
>>43731750
Aesthetics are meh, now that the treads are gone its just kinda generic humvee lookalike.

Game usefulness is average. they're more useful to drive and shoot from the edge of the maps than actually deliver troops.

>better dakka
But chimeras have a multilaser and a heavy bolter? taurox just have good range.
>>
>>43731750
I take chimeras. A multilaser and heavy flamer are usesful more oftern than a single twinlinked autocannon. Also AV 12 makes them a good deal more survivable (can't be glanced by firewarriors and heavy bolters)
>>
File: 1400921071349.jpg (104KB, 902x558px) Image search: [Google]
1400921071349.jpg
104KB, 902x558px
>>43731750
>Asthetics

Even in your pic, the tracks have been replaced as wheels. It makes them look a lot better in my opinion, even if it's a little odd that Stormtroopers would hold this wheeled vehicle over something like a Chimera.

Game usefulness, meh. You can hold them back and use them for supporting fire, but they're something I'm reluctant to trust to the front lines.
>>
>>43731750
I personally think they look better than the Chimera, but they don't look as "40K" as the Chimera. Like, if I was going to have them in a Guard regiment, I'd fluff them as being a new design, or being a little resented because they're not the old Chimeras everyone is used to and have served alongside for centuries.

As for stats, I haven't touched the game in years, can't say.
>>
>>43731773
>>43731810
>>43731822
>>43731829
>>43731860

Hmm, thanks guys. I think ill field 2 of these just to see how they do
>>
We already had this thread, Stop re-posting the same question.
>>
>>43731899
Must be coincidence, cause i didnt see it. Sorry fat boy
>>
>>43731888
the main thing with chimeras is they work best either when you take a lot of them, or you have other vehicles (like leman russes) to draw heavy AT fire.
>>
>>43731773
>Chim's got better dakka though.

The Taurox has better weapon options, and more of them.
>>
>>43732117
only if you take the more expensive taurox prime, which (unless I'm mistaken) most units don't have access to
>>
Honestly, I think it's an incredibly lazy design.
It's LITERALLY just an MRAP with tracks where the wheels should be.
>>
File: Fv432_canon30mm_1.jpg (123KB, 935x533px) Image search: [Google]
Fv432_canon30mm_1.jpg
123KB, 935x533px
>>43732258

GW has a history of lazy design when it comes to vehicles.
>>
>>43732258
More like a cross between an MRAP and a Jarmilla 2.
>>
>>43731750
By the emprah that thing looks so much better with wheels than those stupid treads.
>>
>>43731860
halftrack or two wheels in the back. Otherwise it looks too normal
>>
honk honk
>>
File: casspir06-500x500.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
casspir06-500x500.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
buy these

they're much cheaper and have wheels
>>
I've used the Prime in several games, as long as your opponent doesn't nuke the fuck out of it, it is super duper fucking trucking useful. It gotta go fast and gots lotsa dakka

Plus, twin linked autocannons and fire points on each side. Goes great with suicide flamer squads
>>
>>43731750

Those wheels make it look so much better.
>>
>>43731773
They're very cute

Paint them pink and cover them with flowers and sparkles
>>
>buying ass militashit

nope nope nope
>>
>>43734517
so they actually ok hmm.. im thinking of getting one I personaly think and remember people crunching them and thinking about rushing with them and basically worked out they are actually quite equal. if your on a board with lots of terrain these get better than chimera in a torniment chimera might be better thou but that's mostly because people haven't worked out how to sue these yet. honestly I think having one or 2 and playing around with it is a good idea first and see how it goes no one really trys out the new GW units they just complain about them replacing what they already have.. hence bias
>>
>>43731750
They're basically a razorback for IG, if you're facing Tau you're going to have a bad time but otherwise it'll probably eat S7+ that would have taken out a chimera anyway.
>>
>>43731750
>Aesthetics
A bit toyish by 40K standards. Concept is fine.
>game usefullness
Alright. I did an analysis back when the codecies came out but I've forgotten now. I don't see them replacing the Chimera.
>>
Prime is good as it fills a good niche being a fast vehicle. It's a shame only storm troopers can take it.

The regular one is outperformed by the Chimera every time.
>>
File: 1447103988185.jpg (8KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1447103988185.jpg
8KB, 250x187px
>>43737275

This.

So if i take a barebones squad of 5 scions i can take a prime kitted out with all that sweet dakka and just deploy another squad inside correct?

I think its a waste that only scions could take the fast version abd the get the sweet dakka cause scions dont need transport-- they already have deepstrike +movethroughcover
>>
>>43737325
>I think its a waste that only scions could take the fast version abd the get the sweet dakka cause scions dont need transport-- they already have deepstrike +movethroughcover

100% true, I'm kind of hoping Veterans will get access to it. As you said, it's wasted on scions who just don't need it.
>>
>>43731750
I don't object to the idea, but it's a bit of a pointless vehicle. Stormies should have just gotten rhinos (plenty of Imperial groups seem to field them, so why the fuck not?) with maybe their own "razorback" style variant with compromised transport capacity for additional firepower and the Taurox could have been a Centaur/Tauros style jeep/truck.

I also dislike the overly decorated style of it compared to the rest of the Guard line, not to forget the fucking naval pressure hatches.

>>43732117
Chimera:
>turret multi-laser, heavy bolter, heavy flamer
>turret autocannon and TL heavy bolter from FW
>hull heavy bolter, heavy flamer
Taurox:
>TL autocannon

Yup, is sure does sweep the Chimera in terms of armament.
>>
Make great Ork vehicles
>>
>>43732258
>>43732466

I don't think its lazy design. I think they're just taking stuff that looks cool and works in real life and adding some sci-fi flair.

Beats the hell out of DZC's tanks with cannons on a fucking swivel or some shit
>>
You know it reminds me of a MRAP with the wheels on it. The first time I saw the model I thought it looked like ass.

Basically it is the "new super awesomest" kit that the rules favor so you have to replace all your old chimeras that were soo good last edition.

Gw, GW never changes.
>>
>>43738524
no its equal with the chimera the people who say they have run the numbers and chimera still wins every time are just people with like a existing collection of 4 chimeras... this thing is just as good you just have to run and hide with it more and use its guns more and not just storm in sucide style like you do with a chimera.

trust me people who say it looses out every time don't actually play and are just butt hurt collectors "insisting" that their army is always going to be optimal for ever because they spent so long painting it.. this is always the way ....... people find REASONS to hate the new kit not because its ugly or has bad rules but because they want to justify not getting it ever no questions asked because if a cash strapped wargamer has any thing to protect its the sanctity of his existing army that "always wins"

trust me this thing is fine and you take in place of a chimera the prime is shit and pointless and stormtroopers are alos pointless.

this is literally just a fast chimera with a laz if you cant see how that is equally as good you don't play 40k enough.
>>
My IG armies are always fluffy as hell. The first one I built was a steel legion company. They were painted and themed after my mechanised engineer company. All the vehicles were chimeras, with almost never using a leman russ. Everything was painted with Echo company platoon and squad numbers, for shits and giggles I made an A&O section complete with a M9 ace.

The second army was Elysian drop troops. I made them look like my old air assault unit. Valkyries supported by vultures and a handful of buggies along with a pair of drop sentinels with the sky talon lifter. Rocket pods... Rocket pods everywhere.

If I was going to make a 3rd IG unit I would use the wheeled version to make a present day mrap mounted company. Win or loose I find it more fun to theme armies. Back in the days of gorka morka my friends at the game shop all stopped playing so I bought their orks and made a lord humongous themed ork army. Man I wish I still had those models.
>>
>>43739593
If you want your mrap themed army to be fluffy, you need to roll for each one before the game begins to see how many have rolled in the way to the battle.
>>
File: mad2.jpg (132KB, 872x580px) Image search: [Google]
mad2.jpg
132KB, 872x580px
>>43739191
Wrong pic.
>>
File: MATV-rollover-simulator1.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
MATV-rollover-simulator1.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
>>43739638
I was just going to mod them a little with recovery equipment and some dents from roll overs, maybe one with blast marks from an orky IED. I'm tired of tan colored IG though.
>>
>>43731750
>>Asthetics

It goes from totally ugly to just boring and derivative when you switch to wheels. It's an improvement, but still not very attractive.

>>game usefullness

Pretty good in-game. My main beef is with the miniature. What I'd love to have seen is if they gave the stormtroopers a fast wheeled off-roaders like the one the Elysians get. Or stick to Rhinos and valkyries.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.