[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Elves serve the Gods since the beginning of time. >One

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: 1441299850184.jpg (43KB, 211x204px) Image search: [Google]
1441299850184.jpg
43KB, 211x204px
>Elves serve the Gods since the beginning of time.
>One day some new race comes by and starts conquering everything, so elves ask the Gods on how to deal with this new threat.
>Gods tell them that the time of elves is over and the Age of Man has arrived.

B-but if the elves served the Gods, why are they being replaced?
>>
man is god on earth as god is man in heaven
>>
>>43724016
Gods got bored of elves; wanted something different.
>>
>>43724016
Hardware updates.
>>
>>43724016
Fuck both those noises. Age of dragons/dragonborn when?
>>
>>43724037
The best thing to do is ritually freeze yourself so that, when gods gets bored of man, you can thaw and try to tell them what's coming.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 183x275px
Because gods is dead
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 500x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 500x576px
>>43724016
But men will inherently do their own thing, regardless of what the gods say.

If Humans look at Elves like 19th century Americans saw the French, then Elves will continue to prosper as the beloved cousins to the new masters of the world.
>>
>>43724035
So the Elves will serve Man?
>>
>>43724152
>But men will inherently do their own thing, regardless of what the gods say.
Those aren't gods, then.
>>
>>43724201
We talking Greek, Asian, or post-Christian concepts of gods here?
>>
>>43724113
>completely misinterpreting what that statement means
>>
>>43724229
Yes.

>The Gods rule over the worlds running it for some Overgod.
>One day the Overgod decides his OC race is entering the fray.
>>
>>43724229
Whether or not they're all-powerful, if gods collectively say "yo, do something" and enforce violations, you either do it or die.

"Regardless of what gods say" only applies if those gods aren't really gods or don't really give a shit about violations.
>>
>>43724016
Because there may be various stages set for the development of the universe and elves may not be the best catalyst for some of them.
Or maybe they were deemed a mistake, who knows?
>>
>>43724276
In that sense, there is no evil.
Unless there's evil gods.

Nobody can do anything a god doesn't allow without a lightning bolt coming down.

It's also a setting that cannot surpass its tech level, as man is hindered by the prescribed plans of deities.
>>
>>43724269
Then the OC race favors their predecessors.
>>
File: 1345765895493.jpg (304KB, 1068x748px) Image search: [Google]
1345765895493.jpg
304KB, 1068x748px
>>43724016
FUCK THE GODS
>>
File: ToServeMan.jpg (27KB, 800x363px) Image search: [Google]
ToServeMan.jpg
27KB, 800x363px
>>43724160
>serve man
IT'S A COOKBOOK!
>>
File: 1343439977172.jpg (579KB, 1300x2716px) Image search: [Google]
1343439977172.jpg
579KB, 1300x2716px
>>43724016
>why are they being replaced
Too perfect. Not enough conflict to amuse the gods.
>>
>>43724256
Welcome to Nitchze

I don't think any quotations of his work have been in correct context.
>>
>>43724269
Explains why humans tend to win in fiction due to plot contrivances.

>>43724365
>Gods attempt to replace elves with humans
>Inadverdently create elvenkind fuck yeah
>>
>>43724794
FĂ«anor was literally NOLDOR FUCK YEAH.
>>
>>43724016
This is actually an aspect of my setting.
The Eladrin originally ruled over a bunch of principalities and elves were basically second class citizens. The Eladrin religion supported this, claiming the Eladrin were the first created by the gods (Thal the Sun God and Lo the Moon Goddess) as direct servants and the Elves were created to serve the Eladrin, all other races being even further beneath them. So, by operating their society in this way, they were following the decrees of the Gods.

Then the human came, inciting unrest in the Elves (as well as making some deals with turncoat Eladrin Princes) and conquered the Principalities because they were too busy squabbling with each other to form a united defense, especially with the Elven rebellions.

They were incorporated into a human ruled Empire, along with the other races (mostly styled off Imperial Rome) and when the Second Emperor inherited the throne, he created the Imperial Religion, deifying his father (and, by extension, himself and his descendants) and declaring that the gods Thal and Lo had mandated the creation of the Empire, so that the races could be united under one banner (they had previously been at war with each other for thousands of years). He removed the ideology that the Elves were a "slave race", but gave the Imperial Dynasty the mandate of heaven that the Eladrin once enjoyed. While the Empire doesn't ban other religions (it doesn't need to, since it's got the military power to enforce order), the Imperial Religion is state funded, so has most of the nicest temples and the most priests to preach it.

There are still those Eladrin (along with some Elves and even less Half-Elves) who follow the Old Way, maintaining their superiority over other races and deny the divinity of the Dynasty, but it's become a bit of a fringe religion since their superiority got so violently dis-proven. Still, it's a dangerous minority, hoping to end the "Age of Man" prematurely.
>>
>>43724016

Because the Elves, after years of service, have finally paid their way into living among the gods forever as honored attendants. Only those that wish to remain in the moral world shall stay, the gates are open to Elvenkind to rise to their long awaited position.

Man, inferior to Elves in all things, shall inherit the Earth to fill the role that Elves are being promoted out of.
>>
>>43725382
This
The Elves weren't dying so much as they were being sent to heaven
>>
Don't worry. When the race of men is dead and gone, Iluvatar will use all their souls in his next project and elves will once again rule Ea.
>>
>>43724322
>Unless there's evil gods.
Why would there ever not be at least one evil god?
>>
>>43724602
is that a void-whale?
>>
>>43724602
I seem to recall there being several pre-human races in the Rance setting fluff that died in horrible agony because Ludo-Rathowm got bored with them.
>>
>>43724256
>god is literally dead
Not how it was at all, but it sounds appropriate in this thread. Could have done without the picture though.
>>
>>43725021
Bravo. I'd play it.
>>
>>43726631
Thanks! That really means a lot. It's a little bare bones at the moment (I'm leaving the nitty gritty of the battles since I'm not tactician) but I have a general overview of the Empire, it's history and what other nations share the world with it.
Plus I have a nation of nomadic Minotaurs who ride Elephants, which I think is fucking radical.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.