[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You got transported to your favorite campaign world, with only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 94716.jpg (677KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
94716.jpg
677KB, 1920x1200px
You got transported to your favorite campaign world, with only the clothes you're wearing and your current life skills. How would you go about it, realistically (no 250 lb nerds joining the mercenary guild or whatever)? Would you even bother trying to find a way back?
>>
>>43654328
Set up and learn alchemy. I'm basically crippled, so no adventuring for me, I'll also have a regular income and some knowledge of magic/drugs. Why would I want to go back to working at Wal-Mart?
>>
>>43654328

>Ravenloft

>One-eyed, chunky monkey, computer jockey with an interest in cooking, bookbinding, and woodworking.

Settle in to some small town, join an Ezrite church. Establish myself in one of the trades I actually have skill in and marry the Baker's daughter. I'd grow a little garden with garlic as the main crop, and wait for the inevitable day when I get mauled horrible by a werebeast, or have my family and all I hold dear destroyed by the Legions of the Night, and I end up a footnote in some 5e adventure hook.
>>
>>43654411

Saving up the money to petition for a few healing spells would mean I get better healthcare than I do in this world, so at least there's that.
>>
>Deathwatch
>Law trainee

I'd end up a clerk for the Space Marines. Yay.

You bet your ass I'd try to come back.
>>
>>43654328
Does it have to be an established big-name setting? Because my favorite setting happens to be my own, and I just happen to know the exact location of an unclaimed source of immense eldritch power. It's sealed away by an ancient spell, of course... but I also know exactly which library has a moldy old tome forgotten in one of the back rooms that holds the spell to release the seal.

If that's not an option, than I guess I get stuck in Eberron and try to learn some basic magic and become a magewright or something.
>>
>>43654328
>CoC or equivalent
>overweight underachiever with a penchant for grimdark and horrible acts of depravity for power

Id probably continue life as normal but try and find tomes of dark power so I can become some form of sorcerer or some shit or go insane trying.

Win win.
>>
>Exalted

Nara-O, the god of secrets only one person knows has a metaphysical aneurism.

Most likely I will lost somewhere in the vast wilderness of Creation, unless being this unique in that setting gets me exalted.
>>
>>43654328
>yfw you were about to go on a hike and have enough supplies to last a week in the wilderness.
>>
>>43654977
>Most likely I will die
>>
>>43654328
Save up for cyberlegs, use them to kick people in the face.
>>
>>43654328
>25 year old war vet with all the wrong kinds of experience to make it as a civilian, facing the reality of having to stay in the military for 20 just to keep a livelihood

Pick a setting, I don't care which. I'll figure it out.
>>
>>43654988
They said "clothes you're wearing", not "everything you're carrying". Supplies are not clothes.
>>
>>43654411
>>43654420
Sounds like a pretty confy ride up until the mauled horribly point.
>>
>>43654328
Not sure if I have a favorite.
I was playing Trials in Tainted Space though earlier, does that count?
I hope it counts.
>>
Probably get killed for being a weirdo foreigner who doesn't know the correct greetings for wherever I end up, or eaten by trolls, or killed by elves for being a vegetarian (Gloranthan elves believe that plants should eat plants and animals should eat animals, the creation of herbivores is Where It All Went Wrong)
>>
>>43655638

Gotta be realistic, anon. If I'm lucky, I'll become the inspiration for a non-retarded PC with a "My parents are dead" backstory.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.