[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is there not a home brew FireFly on 1d4chan!? If anyone's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: firefly_Purdue.jpg (515KB, 942x800px) Image search: [Google]
firefly_Purdue.jpg
515KB, 942x800px
How is there not a home brew FireFly on 1d4chan!? If anyone's working on anything, share, please. I'm on my fourth run of the series and would love something more than the boardgame.
>>
>>43586338
Just play Traveller
>>
>>43586338
Just use Traveller. They even have rules for psychic powers.
>>
>>43586338
Just play Edge of the Empire
>>
Obligatory GURPs post

Obligatory GURPs a shit post

Obligatory no further discussion because no one actually uses GURPs or knows what it is
>>
>>43586390
True that. I looked into edge of them empire and I apologize for starting a thread. I'm slightly new to /tg/ yet I'm thankful for the info. I'll respectfully delete the thread.
>>
>>43586423
Nah sok at least it's not a quest thread or fetish shit
>>
>>43586456
I was just hoping for a game where the party rolls individual stats but then maybe rolls collective stats somehow for their ship. Not sure how it would work but it's not something I've seen before but could be interesting.
>>
File: index.jpg (12KB, 197x255px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
12KB, 197x255px
Ooor you could just use the actual Firefly RPG
>>
>>43586599
Like I said, something that's not the board game. Home brews have a way of bringing out the intended universe a boardgame can't. If it's what we get its what we get. If no one else is working on anything, maybe I'll start, but it seems like such a full universe, someone's got to do something with it. Since its dead no one can really say what's canon so it could be a pretty lively thing.
>>
>>43586639

There was an rpg made as well as board games.

But you could use savage worlds, it was originally a weird western anyway. Just add the scifi parts and you're set. Pulp hero cowboys in space.
>>
>>43586639
That's not a board game. That right there is a source book for the roll-playing game. You make characters and such just like Shadowrun, GURPS, Traveller, FATE, whatever.

Stats are weird, GM ran it kind of like Shadowrun IN SPAAAACE and it was a lot of fun.
>>
>>43586338
Because there's an actual Firefly game and it's pretty good?
http://www.rpgnow.com/product/128012/Firefly-RolePlaying-Game-Corebook
>>
>>43586803
In my e>>43586803
I'm my experience board games aren't as good as the tabletop rpgs but I'm always prepared to be wrong. I'll give it a shot but I'm currently working on some /tg/ rules. Thanks everybody.
>>
>>43586338
Firefly was 13 years ago anon, There are people posting here that are younger than that. Just let it go.
>>
>>43586941

THE GAME IN THE PIC POSTED IS. NOT. A. BOARD GAME.
>>
>>43587036
Relax Anon. He's probably retarded. No need to kill yourself over it.
>>
>>43587101
I posted the tabletop rpg book picture and have to admit, I felt like a small part of myself cracked like glass. I am now slightly less of a person than I was earlier today.
>>
>>43586338
If you want to make a homebrew Firefly game, you're more than welcome to try. I'm sure some anons would be interested.

As others have pointed out, though, there's multiple existing systems you could use to play a Firefly campaign, including an official Firefly role-playing game. If you just want to play a Firefly campaign and don't want to make your own system, you have your choices.

Best of luck in your endeavors.
>>
>>43587008

I think people who are still into Firefly at this point are more in love with the martyr complex of being a fan than the actual show, which was kinda fun but not nearly worth over a decade of wailing and rending of garments.
>>
>>43586599
This looks good, but OP isn't looking for a board game.
>>
>>43586338

Traveller is honestly easy enough to homebrew into a Firefly game - Firefly is very nearly "Traveller: The Series" anyway.
>>
>>43590930
>>43586362
>>43586368
>>43586376
I don't think OP is looking for a board game
>>
I have a Firefly game, but I think it's a board game. It says "RPG" on it, but that probably doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>43594010

It stands for Rollable Playsurface Game, which is a fancy way of saying you need a clear space to roll dice, because it is a board game. Basic /tg/ nomenclature.
>>
>>43591013

Traveller isn't Boaring!
>>
File: Serenity_RPG_Cover.jpg (50KB, 288x374px) Image search: [Google]
Serenity_RPG_Cover.jpg
50KB, 288x374px
>>43586338
Umm... Guis?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serenity_Role_Playing_Game

Played it a bit. Not terrible - somewhat pigeon holed char creation though. Kinda requires 4+ players, or a some DMPCs.

I'd upload the PDF for ya, but apparently I dun have a decent PDF compressor.
>>
File: Space_boar_flatFV.jpg (220KB, 1600x1131px) Image search: [Google]
Space_boar_flatFV.jpg
220KB, 1600x1131px
>>43594171
You would have to come up with a new non-FTL drive to use Traveller. Traveller's "Maneuver Drive" is way too fast (get across a solar system in an hour or two), and then ya'd have to nix the Jump Drive, of course.

Other than that, and coming up with the world, it'd be doable. Though the whole Charisma=Social Class thing might be a problem too (never did like that). Might also want to trade up to one of the point buy system instead of lolrandum character gen if you're going for drama.
>>
>>43594354
..assuming Fire Fly is set in only a single star system :^)

Anyway, what you need to do then is change the scale of the maps and units of distance used (jump drive then becomes the "firefly drive" thingie that was used all of twice in the show), and turn "systems" into "planetary orbits" with the planets of the old system turned into moons.
>>
File: map-small.jpg (110KB, 750x566px) Image search: [Google]
map-small.jpg
110KB, 750x566px
>>43594417
It... Is. It's a crazy huge solar system with almost as many planets as Chinese, but...
>>
>>43594447
Jesus christ that is a lot of planets.
>>
>>43594447

lolwut? I remember the show being dumb, but that is extra dumb.
>>
>>43594846
Well, it's *possible*. Joss said there's "over 70 planets, nearly all ready to be terraformed" all orbiting five stars - one central star with 2.5 solar masses, and four brown dwarfs.

On the other hand, there's no FTL, and the trip was made in three generations, and if there was a system like that so close, I think we would've found it by now.
>>
>>43594171
Did you mean boarding?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.