[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Excuse me, Spirit Dragon, but why can't we just seal the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 1

File: excuse me spirit dragon.jpg (430KB, 800x1115px) Image search: [Google]
excuse me spirit dragon.jpg
430KB, 800x1115px
Excuse me, Spirit Dragon, but why can't we just seal the Phyrexians with hedrons?
>>
>>43570982
Because even one drop of oil will fuck up those hedrons and give them more power.

The only way I see the pyrexians being dealt with well is a quarantine. Keep away from Mirrodin.
>>
>>43571226
I mean, one could just try and redirect the Eldrazi to go there and chow down on them.

The Black Oil doesn't corrupt mana, just metal.
>>
>>43571242
It would corrupt the eldrazi, MaRo has given confirmation about that.

And the oil corrupts everything, not just metal.
>>
>>43571256
That doesn't make much sense. The Eldrazi are essentially anti-mana constructs, the bodies we see on a plane are just a single part of a much larger extra planar entity. They consume mana. I fail to see how the Phyrexians, who use mana just like anyone else albeit in a more abusive/destructive way, would be any different than the average plane when it comes to fighting the Eldrazi. Hell, the Phyrexians are at the whims of mana in some cases, look at home they became divided under the influence of the five suns of Mirrodin.

I looked it up and Maro did say we'd get Phyresis'd Eldrazi, but as it stands that doesn't make a lick of sense.
>>
>>43571352
What do you expect, this is MaRo we are talking about.

The way I see it happening is that the Eldrazi that we see are physical representations. Meaning that they have physical forms to corrupt.
>>
>>43571352
"It's Phyrexia, I ain't gotta explain shit" -MaRo
>>
>>43571377
I suppose, but their physical representations seem perfectly capable of consuming and destroying mana.

Are we supposed to assume that Black Oil acts outside of all other currently established magic in MTG? The Eldrazi can suck the magical essence out of tree, or some water, or a fucking rock. Why would the Oil be any different then that?

Hopefully some more sane person is able to explain to MaRo why all their previously established canon contradicts how he assumes they would interact.
>>
>>43571417
The oil is artifacts.

Artifacts need no colored mana.
>>
>>43571431
And Eldrazi destroy artifacts too, unless they're Hedrons apparently.

They destroy planes. If it exists on a plane and not the colourless Blind Eternities, they can theoretically destroy it.
>>
>>43571463
They wouldn't know to destroy it/ stay away from it before it was too late. The second one drop hits any Eldrazi, it's over.

Thats what happened to the entire plane of Mirrodin/Argentum.
>>
>>43571497
They can destroy planes from the outside though so that probably wouldn't ever happen
>>
>>43571522
Not anymore they can't. Sorin, Nahiri, and Ugin saw to that.
>>
>>43571497
True, but the Eldrazi in the blind eternities would probably just destroy that body and put in a new one.

>>43571525
Emrakul is already gone.
>>
>>43571417

I'd guess if it did actually work on them, it would work in a different and horrible way than normal.

Like, it can't corrupt their 'mind's, which they don't have from our understanding of the concept, so it's not like the oil would enslave them. But it could alter their physical bodies, in such a way that, for example, they grow horrifying pitch black sores all over their bodies that spew oil pus everywhere they go in addition to the fucking everything up they already do.
>>
>>43571545
Yes, gone to another plane. She still has a physical form that she is stuck to.
>>
>>43571555
The Eldrazi have minds, you just cant comprehend them. The oil would do just the same to them as us.
>>
>>43571570
And the Suns of Mirrodin would do the same thing to the Eldrazi as it did to the Phyrexians?

>>43571556
Says who?
>>
>>43571592
Freshen me on what the suns did to them.

Also, can't find anything stating that they were trapped in physical form forever, but I assume they need to take physical form to enter a plane, and drain it of mana.
>>
>>43571661
It's mentioned in a lot of the Mirrodin Besieged and New Phyrexia lore that the reason for the Phyrexians being so disharmonious, and not black, is because of some strange influence from the Five Suns. It's in the New Phyrexia Trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdDXMG9jvwg

>New sources of mana
>The infectors are the infected
>Whispers splinter the mind
>>
>>43571693
I assume the phyrexian eldrazi would just like... eat the suns.
>>
>>43571750
Well yeah, but my point is that if the Phyrexians can be affected by coloured mana, something that the Eldrazi pretty much destroy on contact, I don't see why the Eldrazi would be any more effected by Phyrexian magic than anyone elses.

It seems like a distant correlation, but I think it's relevant evidence that the two factions play by different rules. The Phyrexians are corrupting but they don't truly destroy, the Eldrazi strip reality to it's base elements and render it to dust. That reality includes the Phyrexians.
>>
>>43571785
The ones that the oil is corrupting, sure, they drain them dry.

But not the oil.

This is why the oil is such a bad thing. Yawgmoth made it impossible to get rid of.
>>
>>43571693
OG phyrexians were actually really white IIRC, the reason they were black though is cause the bad guys needed a color and black seemed to work well enough
>>
>>43571802
Is it on a plane/exists?

>y/n

If yes, then the Eldrazi can destroy and consume it.
>>
>>43571831
Unless its ghostfire. Or pointy rocks.

Or whatever MaRo wants.
>>
>>43571497
>The second one drop hits any Eldrazi, it's over.
>Mirrodin/Argentum.
The problem is the oil is only super effective like that to METAL. It happened to Mirrodin/Argentum because everything was made of metal. The people were already partially phyrexianized and had metal growing out of them because the oil bonded to a part metal fungus. That's the mycosynth that turns everything into part artifacts. Argentum/Mirrodin are atypical cases because it was asically phyrexia's dream world to compleat. A world lacking extensive metal-working would have to be compleated mostly the old fashioned way, by dragging people and flaying flesh.

Additionally, an eldrazi's physical body is a 3d projection of a ulti-dimensional being. Saying the oil landing on Ulamog's body should corrupt him is like saying you should have an allergic reaction because a bee stung your shadow.
>>
>>43571802
I'm sure that you could do something withh the oil to get rid of it.
Like maybe BURN IT?
>>
>>43571661
The suns did nothing to the phyrexians by themselves. Mostly, phyrexia was able to actually grow and develop on a non-monoblack world this time, and that caused the five factions.
It was less the suns and more they actually had mana while growing up.
>>
>>43571909
Also the fact they didn't have a head honcho probably factored into them fragmenting
>>
>>43571908
Sure, vaporize it so its in the air now. What could go wrong.

>>43571889
The oil corrupts everything, not just metal.
>In post-apocalyptic Dominaria, black-aligned knights and wizards are tainted by the lands where Yawgmoth and his minions were defeated. You can see evidence of this corruption in the black ichor that runs out of their eyes.
>>
>>43571936
You're not vaporizing it, you're burning it
Big difference
>>
>>43571936

Yawgmoth's godlike nanomachine infested corpse is in the Black Swamp area. It's not like there are a few drops of oil there or anything, it's the embodiment of the most evil man-thing to ever exist lying underneath the dirt.
>>
>>43571947
>>43571971
Ok I'll just stop talking now.

Doesn't matter anyway, Jace will swoop in and save the day.
>>
>>43571936
Oh it messes with you, I didn't say it didn't. I'm saying that Mirrodin was atypical because it was phyrexia's christmasland. We could go back to Dominaria and it'd still be just a few knights and wizards. Meanwhile Argentum was created, corrupted, and fell in a smaller timespan.
>>
>>43571994
Also dominaria knows the nature of the threat and is presumable actively dealing with it
Shit I broke the plot didn't I?
>>
>>43572020

The planeswalker Lord Windgrace was actually dealing with it, but then in the retarded 'kill all oldwalkers' saga he died. So you could make an arugment for neglect there.
>>
>>43572083
I thought his undying soul was beating on Yawgmoth's grave, like, he was already dead but didn't really care because he wasn't even aw walker at that point.
>>
>>43571994
According to people who did the math more than I want to, 300 years for Argentum to go from being made to being new phyrexia.
>>
>>43572135
Funny enough, it took the Eldrazi anywhere between 5515 - 6985 years to be broken out of their prison. Phyrexian oil works fast.
>>
>>43572135
Dominaria faced a full phyrexian invasion before Karn was even made, has had the oil swamp festering since the end of the war, Karn made Argentum soon after the end of the war, and Argentum is now New Phyrexia. If we go back to Dominaria and find that the oil swamp is still just a swamp, or has even shrunk, it means the oil can't really do shit without a steady stream of metal to compleat the flesh with.
>>
>>43572169
You know, compleating someone was only a relatively new thing for the oil to do. Before, it just corrupted everyone/thing.
>>
>>43571987
>Ok I'll just stop talking now.
If only.
>>
>>43571814
Or it could have been because the plane they came from was made out of 100% black mana
>>
>>43572307
That's the in universe justification
>>
>>43572307
In-univserse that works as a justification, somehow, despite them not being really black at all.
I imagine if Phyrexia was made now it'd be pretty White and/or blue.
Which it is since Norn killed the red and black factions and the green faction is irrelevant.
>>
>>43572367
No confirmed kill on urubrask. Judging by how his group acted though i'm pretty sure norn taking over was just her moving troops in and saying "Mine" while urubrask was off doing other things
>>
>>43572367
Phyrexia is like the Dark Avengers version of Bant, then?

I don't think the phyrexians would even try to compleat the eldrazi, even Jin would see them as a threat to the entire plane and try to kill them.
>>
>>43572162
Eldrazi were sealed by Headrons made by an old-walker designed to merely put them to sleep and could do jack shit to actually harm the Eldrazi, this involved being prepared to sacrifice one of the most mana filled planes in the multi verse. The entire plane awoke and with full Plainswalker support united and turned on the Eldrazi and still are on the losing end. Phyrexia, a plane divided by 5 different hierarchies all trying to one up each other and one even developing a conscience would fare no better in the same boat and wouldnt even have plainswalkers on their side, which is shown to be a major aid if Gideon is anything to go by.

Either they magically Bullshit the oil to work on the Eldrazi or they die like countless plains before them.
>>
>>43572500
Or both. New Phyrexia becomes Emrakul's latest meal, but you now have a sort of Compleated Eldrazi riddled with the cancer that is Phyrexia pulsing through it's 47-dimensional body.
>>
>>43572560
>Elesh norn's torso growing out of the top still saying inspiring things
>Jin Gitaxis piloting kozilek like a giant mech

There's hope
>>
>>43572083

It is unclear if Windgrace effectively died or morphed itself to a spirit guardian, similiar to Multani.
>>
>>43572500

The roil is not a particularly impressive defense against the Eldrazi, and zendikar, while extremely mana rich, has little or no deadly things to it.

Remember, kiora found better krakens on fucking theros than on zendikar.
>>
Reminder that Phyrexian Oil was originally created as a cure for mana sickness in the days of the Thran.

Reminder that it does this by eating raw mana.
>>
Guys, guys, what if the oil is actually Eldrazi poop? Think about it, it corrupts things around it, wasn't invented by anyone (AFAIK the oil was found on a plane which was walked to by Yawgy and his 'walker pal before she got vivisected) AND it eats mana (as stated by >>43572688, except it wasn't made by anyone) JUST like the Eldrazi.

What if Compleation is just the way they turn walkers into Eldrazi? After all, the only walker that I know of that has been corrupted by the oil was given their spark by someone else, and was then saved from compleation by getting a new spark.
>>
>>43570982
I could explain... or show you pictures of my hard dragon dick!

No need to answer, I'll go for for the lube ; p
>>
>>43570982
Artifacts for the artifact gods
>>
>>43570982
Only a few Planeswalkers know about the phyrexians. The news haven't reach magic justice league. Also phyrexians are only in one plane, so there's no reason to worry yet.

Source: maro's blog.
>>
>>43571831
>consume it
Pretty sure that consuming phyrexian oil is gonna fuck em up.
>>
Maybe because of this?

>>43540504
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/43469018/#43469018
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/43465341/#43465341
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/43451305/#43451305
>>
>>43571352
Phyrexia uses mana, but they aren't dependant on mana for the act of infection. That requires only the oil. What they do AFTER infection is another story.
>>
>>43570982

Because thats not how it works you little shit.
>>
>more than 60 responses

Wow, it looks like-

>22 posters

Oh...
>>
>>43574439
>each person made about three posts
That's not exactly unusual for a conversation, you know.
>>
Is the guy who normally shitposts in these threads just not awake yet, or did he miss this one because the thumbnail makes the face too hard to see?

>>43574361
Oh, there you are. For a second I thought you had something useful to be doing with your life.
>>
>>43574533
Hey man, I love this epic meme as much as you do, that's why I want everyone to see the other threads you keep making.

If I have no life, what does that say about you?
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.