[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Blood Bowl/ General - Fucking Elf Bullshit edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 27

File: bloodbowl-southpeak.jpg (80KB, 685x300px) Image search: [Google]
bloodbowl-southpeak.jpg
80KB, 685x300px
>>43481959 previous thread

https://fumbbl.com/

http://bbtactics.com/

Cknoor's tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSJ6kwwJv4Nr-Ky1PaFZys50S7zewio1O
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl
>>
Repost from last thread since I think it's an interesting point:

>>43566593

>I've also seen more than once that a bunch of grogs argued that FUMBBL has way too much comfort features built in and that it should become more complicated and archaic.

I've never really seen anyone like that, but one thing I will say about FUMBBL, and videogame BB in general, is that you get lazy compared to playing tabletop.

For example, showing the dicerolls required to dodge/pass etc. actually makes some people not understand the rules as well as someone playing tabletop. I remember one of the old versions of the client just showed red squares for dodges, no 4+ or whatever marked on them.

Not saying BB should be unforgiving to new people, but they should get a gentle nudge to actually read the rules first. Of course Cyanide don't want to put off the EA SPORTS: MADDEN BUT ORCS LMAO types who will spend money on the game, so they give them a couple of tutorials and keep it light, which doesn't help the quality of the player base.
>>
>>43567271
As long as there is a player base, so many other niche games lose theirs. New blood is always welcome as far as I'm concerned.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/5963887

Reposting from last thread, see if anyone missed it.

Got an interesting spread already, I suspect that we here are fairly in the minority when it comes to teams we've played. Only 1 Chaos so far, no Lizardmen, plenty of Bretonnians (trying them out because they're new?).
>>
>>43569131
I collected Empire and Brets in tabletop, always played Humans in my old TT BB group, with Brets added in BB2 it just means I can take a different team for a spin, plus I think I'm in love with their Linemen.
>>
>>43569649
The peasants are awesome
>>
>>43569669
The game where I tied up a witch elf with 2 Bret linemen for about 4 turns was something special, though usually I just put them on the LoS to troll opposition big guys/blockers.
>>
>>43569693
They do their job well, which is mainly to be sacrificed
>>
>>43569731
Good for Fouling too.
>>
How do you guys build brits? I was thinking dirty player on one peasant, never level up any other peasants. Tackle and Guard on the blockers and I don't know how I would build the Blitzers.

Also it feels weird to not have an ogre, even though I know dauntless makes up for it.
>>
>>43569889
I'd get a peasant with kick if you could
>>
>>43570011
Who do you put on the line to get hit then?
>>
>>43570086
Ah, well usually you don't have enough money for all the biltzers and all the blockers.
>>
>>43570110
How many rerolls do you take?
>>
File: intended team.png (146KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
intended team.png
146KB, 1366x768px
Team Build A
>>
File: intended teamv3.png (124KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
intended teamv3.png
124KB, 1366x768px
>>43570175
Or Team build B
>>
>>43570110

Making a Bret team without taking all the blitzers is a serious mistake.

I'd even say forgo an apothecary at first to make sure you are maxed on both and have some rerolls. Rats do it all the time.
>>
>>43570659
I just play cautious, probably too cautious
>>
>>43570659
I think a three Blitz, three Blocker build is a fine start, personally. Those extra linemen are rerolls help a lot.

>>43569889
I'd put Wrestle on the linemen, makes them do their job that much better for a single skill up and gives teams like Dwarves and Chaos fits.

Blitzers I think you take Nerves of Steel on all of them, then at least one with Dump Off. I've got two with the pair and a third with Nerves and Dodge, and it makes it incredibly hard for most teams to actually steal the ball from me.

Last thing, I think, is that you play with a deep bench. Linemen are cheap but go down easy, being able to keep them around for the second half and third/forth drive really helps you against those bashy teams.
>>
>>43570812
Blocker wise, I'd build the first one to get doubles as your stripper. I've had quite a bit of success with Fend + Guard on the others, it lets them stand on the line without giving your opponents a hole and keeps them from throwing so many blocks at your linemen.

Any other doubles I personally think Leap Up is amazing on Blockers, makes Wrestle super worth it for you in denying your opponent mobility.
>>
>>43571034
Leap up and wrestle on Line-Elves is the most amazing thing in the game.
>>
So, new and fairly casual player of bb ce here. Just playing through campaign as skaven, enjoying it, when I came across dark elves. Maybe I'm missing something but a glance at their stats suggests they're all more agile than anything but my gutter rats, all more armoured then anything but my stormvermin, about the same movement all around and same strength. What stops skaven just being worse?
Have faced other elves before but their ability to practically ignore tackle zones is why I checked now.
>>
>>43572350
Skaven are cheaper all around, for one thing. Dark Elves are expensive as hell, so they pay for their stats. And that means losing a player is a much bigger deal for them then for you, especially their positionals.

Skill access is also a balancing factor. It's only doubles, but some of the mutations are insanely good for Skaven, especially Gutter Runners.

Skaven are also super fast and have a dedicated passer, letting them make much longer plays. A Gutter Runner with the ball is almost always impossible for your opponent to catch, even if he's playing Elves.
>>
>>43570812

The way I see it blitzers need as many opportunities for SPP as you can get them.

Even the blockers need it, since theyre the only one with the str access needed to get guard.

The less peasants soaking up MVPs the better.
>>
>>43572436
Yea, but I think a 3 Blitzer/3 Blocker team has more chances of actually doing things to earn SPP at low TV values, and lets you put more linemen in positions where those positionals won't get hurt or injured.

Brets have to deal with a lot of blocks since they're such a defensive minded running team, and having to put those fresh blockers and blitzers in those positions just increases the chance of getting a bad injury roll before a player gets the chance to develop.

Like, Blitzers are good out the gate with their skills, so trying to sacrifice your ability to play at low TV just to get a minor increase in their chances to earn MVP seems foolish.
>>
So someone help me out here:

What sort of builds or players, besides a ball stripper, have more advantages from taking Wrestle over Block?

Because I totally get why Wrestle is preferable for Block for a player who's designed for blitzing into cages and freeing up the ball, but I'm not sure why any other sort of player would take it?
>>
>>43572874
On teams that have linemen with AG accesses it forms a potent combo with leap up.
>>
>>43572874
Wrestle is a defensive ability, meant to counter bash teams. Wrestle allows you to put the enemy bashers/blitzers on the ground even though they have block, preventing them from moving up the field or getting in position to break cages.

Take Brets, for example. With 4 Blockers and a couple Wrestle Linemen, it's totally possible for a Bret team to keep a Dwarf cage locked completely in place, simply because Fend and Wrestle prevent the Dwarves from actually pushing their cage forward.

It's also nice on low AV linemen because it prevents armor rolls, keeping your opponent from making use of his offensive skills.
>>
>>43572350
Generally elf teams tend to suffer in "endurance" over a season and have difficulty getting replacements in time if a number of players are killed due to the expense. It also means that a few skilled players create meteoric rises in TV and give away inducements - and those few high value players are easily fouled off the pitch.

For Dark Elves - their critical weakness compared to other agility teams is their relatively low movement; they have a harder time running circles around their opposition (which is critical for a dodge-style team that needs to circle around tackle zones). MA7 makes for much more difficult quick scores compared to Skaven as well.
>>
>>43573003
They also lack dedicated passers that the High Elfs and Wood Elfs do, making them more straightforward.
>>
Am i the only one who thinks pro elves are much better than high elves?
>>
Everyone knows the best Elf team is Chaos.

How else could one explain the 12 space, turn 2 TD, I did last match from my Agi 5, Strong Arm, Pass, Beastman to my Extra Arm Beastman?

Face it Elfs, you can't even win the passing game, nothing can best the Chaos Gods.
>>
>>43572874
It's an amazing skill to protect squishier players, like Gutter Runners. Normally, when a STR2 AV7 Gutter Runner gets punched in the face, it's often done with a Block Dude and will hurt a lot. But with wrestly, you neutralize Both Down, meaning that you'll only eat dirt in a POW, are safe from further Blitzes/Blocks AND get to run away from the dude that blocked you without having to Dodge.
>>
>>43574548
Why not just get block then and not get knocked down at all? If you hold a ball you're still dropping it with wrestle.
>>
>>43574566
Because with Block you keep standing around, which means more people can punch you. Yeah, with Wrestle you go down and you can get fouled, but that at least risks a Turnover and having a player sent off the field.
And Wrestle takes down the Blocker with you. which has all sorts of utilities. Especially on Gutter Runners, since it works both as protection on them, and as a means to make them good ball carrier attackers.
>>
>>43574668
How can more people punch you if you get one blitz per turn?
>>
>>43574678
By starting next to you, which is something you should generally try to avoid, but it can happen.
>>
>>43574719
You'd rather just dodge away, you're safer on the ground even with the 1/36 dodge fail.
>>
>>43574044
no I like pro elves more than high elves.
>side step blitzers
>nerves of steel catchers
>>
File: Bloodbowl HE.png (461KB, 800x786px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodbowl HE.png
461KB, 800x786px
>>43574044
Thats the general consensus of scrubs, as pro elves are cheaper and have more starting skills, but are too poor and stupid to have real elf hats
>>
>>43574678
Chain blocks

http://www.thenaf.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/The-Art-Of-Blocking.pdf
>>
>>43576763
That's a niche situation and you're still not supposed to leave your gunner next to a big clump of people.
>>
>>43576785
>niche situation
Not it's not. Every game I play there are usually a couple of chain blocks for both teams. More with bad positioning, less with better positioning.
>>
>>43576834
Maybe you like to pile on guys in the middle of the pitch, but as rats you're not going to do that every game.
>>
>>43574044
Actually, nearly everyone thanks that Pro-Elves are better than High Elves. He are generally considered to be the weakest ones in the Art of Elf Bullshit.
>>
File: reving deminishes.jpg (49KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
reving deminishes.jpg
49KB, 650x366px
>le elf bullshit maymay
>gets called this for playing high elves and DARK ELVES
>friends play chaos and lizardmen
>>
>>43577105
Unless it's High TV, Chaos is retarded to play. If you don't stick around their Warriors, they can fuck all, and even if they get the ball, the cage is so easy to stall, it's not even funny.
>>
>>43577124
That is true, though 2 dies blocks are almost always garenteed save against teams like ogres.
Still more salty about lizard players. The fact their skinks go as fast as skaven gutter runners (but insanely spamable), and their saurus warriors AND THE FUCKING KROXIGOR goes 6 movement makes them bullshit for their strength, let alone the fact the krox has the least bad "dumb" skill out there
>>
>>43577161
Lizards are bullshit, that is pretty much accepted.
With Chaos, you just have to constantly step away from them and he'll only get 1 Blitz per turn. Hell, as Elf it's what you are naturally doing anyway.
>>
>>43577161

>The fact their skinks go as fast as skaven gutter runners

The fuck they do.
>>
>>43577216
8 movement bro
>>
>>43577257
Plus stunty for maximum dodge bullshit

>>43577161
>KROXIGOR
+prehensile tail to reduce dodging away (really annoying if you're one of the middle-ground teams).
>>
>>43577257

And GRs are Movement 9.
>>
>>43577363
Oh you are aboulutely right, so lets give skinks 4agi to make up for it
>>
I'm playing Dark elves mirror match. It's turn 4. I've rolled double skulls 4 times and 4 of my players including 3 blitzers are injured to his 0. I'm still scoring on turn 5 but it doesn't feel like I'm winning.
>>
>>43577400
Did I mention it's sweltering heat? It's sweltering heat. I'm down to 5 players in the second half against 11.
>>
>>43577373

Nice try to deflect, but it doesn't make your comparison of Skinks to Gutter Runners any more true.

They are average at handling the ball without additional skills, basically have no passing or catching ability without stacking even more skills, with Stunty being as much of a drawback as it is a benefit. They're also locked into a skill category that provides them with very little to improve their lot - they rely entirely on doubles rolls to become actually dangerous players instead of annoyances.

I'm not trying to make an argument for Lizardmen being balanced, I'm just pointing out how laughable trying to put Skinks on the same pedestal as Gutter Runners is.
>>
>>43577502
ok better comparison
They go as fact as high elf catchers, the fastest elves on that team.

My point is they go insanely fast, even their thier strong johns go stupid fast it isn't fair
>>
>>43577588
watch them move when they are next to a tackle guy.
>>
File: fun times.jpg (65KB, 418x623px) Image search: [Google]
fun times.jpg
65KB, 418x623px
>>
>>43574044
They basically are. High elves main advantage is more armor which only really comes into play at high TV where the elfs have gotten enough skills to compensate for the lack of early skills when buying players.
>>
>>43577161
Ah, I remember the glory that was my ogre team versus Lizardmen.

Every Skink ended up KO'd or injured, and the score was 2-2 when it came down to turn 16.
Ogre throws the Str 2, Agi 4 Snotling.
Scatter has him land right next to the line of saurus blocking the end zone.
One, two, three dodges, and the game winning score.

Only time I ever got a 1 turn touchdown with that team.
>>
File: Fresh Salted Frog.png (9KB, 308x317px) Image search: [Google]
Fresh Salted Frog.png
9KB, 308x317px
Just met the saltiest Frenchman of all time. Low TV, Orcs vs Orcs, big difference was he had a Troll and MB on the Blitzers not Guard.

As you can imagine the extra Guard meant I was getting 2 Dice all over the table, for some reason he thinks that means his dodging, GFI 1 Dice Blitzes should also get POWs all the time.
>>
>>43579794
I really wished they'd do something about Ogres. They are a fun team in concept, but no skills, no positionals AND Stupid just screws them over way too much.
Why the hell DOES Stupid remove your Tackle Zones anyway? Rooted and Wild Animal don't do that.
And why the fuck do Krox have Stupid but Better? They are just as bloody expensive as an Ogre, but faster AND get the tail for fucking free!
>>
>>43582508
because bonehead is always a 1/6 chance of succeeding unlike wild animal that has a 3/6 chance of succeeding when they don't do a block action?
Also Ogres have Bonehead not Very Stupid
>>
>>43582742
That they do. For some reason I thought they had Really Stupid. Horrible luck, I guess.
Still leaves the question open why the Krox has +1 MA and the Tail.
>>
>>43582762
because he cannot throw a skink?
Also Ogre on the Ogre team don't have loner.
>>
What is the +1 to armor rolls on failed GFI turf good for/against?
>>
>>43582762
and Ogre have agi 2 while Kroxi only has agi 1.
>>
>>43582932
1 Agi isn't that big a difference from 2 Agi. You aren't going to try to dodge with either of them. That is why Break Tackle is such a good skill on big guys.
>>
>>43582926
Good for Elves because other teams need to do more GFI to catch up to them.
Also bad for Elves because you only have 7 Armor. In the end good coaches will rarley attempt GFI and bad coaches do them all the time. The problem is you cannot actively force the players to do those GFI's
>>
>>43582958
Yes but with ogres you can try to pick up the ball and do a touchdown. relative reliably so they will level up much faster than a Kroxigor.
>>
>>43583013
>>43582920
>>43582932
I'm thinking about both Human and Ogre Team Ogres, though.
Throw Team Mate isn't exactly amazing, seeing as the Snotling will practically outscatter and will also fall on his face two times out of three.
And the difference between AGI 1 and 2 is negligible. You aren't going to try to hand off or pick up the ball with Ogres, unless there is no way to avoid it. 50% is everything but reliable and Ogre Team Rerolls are way too fucking expensive.
>>
>>43582742
Ogre teams lack Loner on their Ogres, which means Rerolls can be used more liberally on them compared to other big guys. AG2 with a reroll is slightly better than AG3 without, and any Ogre that rolls +AG could conceivably become a ball carrier.

Still, they're not exactly a high tier team - and it doesn't seem like they're meant to be.
>>
We're really complaining about Lizardmen?

Don't you coaches take Tackle? Don't you use the Blitz-a-Skink-Every-Turn method?
>>
Huh. Didn't expect that. I'm guessing it's via modifiers but just watched my break tackle rat ogre manage to roll a 0 on his dodge.
Question, though. If tackle zones overlap, do you have to dodge everyone who can tackle you in that square or is there just one roll?
>>
>>43583303
Just because there are ways to counter it doesn't mean Lizards aren't bullshit.
>>
>>43580689

Did he concede?
>>
>>43583353
Read the rules man,don't play randomly.anyway you only dodge once for every one bit of movement,but if you are dodging into another tackle zone you get a malus1 for each tackle zone overlapping in that square
>>
>>43583457
Lizards are strong yes. Bullshit? not at all.
>>
>>43583457

Lizards aren't bullshit though.

>>43580689

That's not so bad. At least he's not insulting you.
>>
So, how would you build an Ultimate Anti Bash Team in a perpetual league? Seeing as how going Full Bash seems to be one of the most used things in those leagues, going in the other direction and using the same resources to go as defensive as possible might be fun.
>>
File: BLOODBOWL.jpg (592KB, 1412x794px) Image search: [Google]
BLOODBOWL.jpg
592KB, 1412x794px
I've glued my team together, been playing nicely online

I throw the worst two die blocks in the world :(
>>
>>43583721
>go as defensive as possible

Fend and Blodge everywhere. Side-step too.

I wouldn't expect great results though. BB is primarily a bash game. Even agility teams bash to make their running game work, they're just more selective about it.

Honestly I would just pick one of the top agility teams. You won't maintain a TV above 2000 for long in a bashy environment, but that's just how the attrition cycle for elf teams works.
>>
>a stun is great, always plan for an armor breaks stun

>every youtuber I've seen, cknoor included, is disappointed when they stun someone
>>
>>43583721
Anti bash teams are like, undead/dwarves and pray that your apothacary/regeneration keeps everything alive
>>
>>43583844
Note that if you run into claws everywhere then you'll die anyways

Anyone have any experience buying fields?

I've got a cardboard pitch, but I've been thinking of upgrading, might go MDF since I want to flock my new pitch
>>
If Elf screens are so good, why do most teams try to mix it up when they are on defense rather than to just elf screen? Also I don't think I've ever seen an elf screen work, it might be because I play against other scrubs
>>
>>43584049

Bashy teams don't need to use elf columns much. They've got the muscle to crowd the cage and try to break in.

Elf columns are a delaying tactic, you want to hold the opponent up and try to force them to make mistakes once they get a bit desperate as the clock ticks down. You should combine it with some aggressive play, it won't work if you just passively try to use columns by themselves.
>>
>>43583240
>Still, they're not exactly a high tier team - and it doesn't seem like they're meant to be.

Nah, Ogres are meant to be the worst team, but that's why they're so fun.
>>
>>43584342
>Ogres
>Not Halflings

You've listed the wrong team as worst.
>>
>>43584365
>>43584342

Honestly there's barely a cunt-hair in difference between Ogres and Halflings when it comes to badness. Ogres obviously are by far the more awesome though.

Goblins are very slightly better. Underworld and Vampires are significantly better.
>>
>>43584365
Ogres actually have a worse win-rate than halflings

http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/LRB6Stats.htm
>>
>>43584546

Lost most of their games when they play against Halflings too.

http://www.cmanu.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bb/stats/racevsrace.html
>>
>trying to watch a cknoor vid on youtube
>instinctively try to move screen or highlight players while the vid is on
>>
File: blood-bowl-stadium-36.jpg (86KB, 630x656px) Image search: [Google]
blood-bowl-stadium-36.jpg
86KB, 630x656px
does anyone know where this mini is from?
>>
>>43585145
No but it looks good.
Does anyone know where he got those 1'' square stone tiles? I wanna make my own pitch.
>>
File: LRB_ZtarOfTheTzar.jpg (364KB, 980x352px) Image search: [Google]
LRB_ZtarOfTheTzar.jpg
364KB, 980x352px
>>43586041
Hirst Arts makes molds to make those floor tiles.

I am that anon who asked the question about the mini, but I have news
I found the mini, and I know those squares anon, links below

The mini is from Impact Miniatures it's in the Beauties & Babes range, I think I might get one.

The tiles are from Hirst Arts Cracked Floor Tiles Mold #203

They're plaster glued down and he glued sand in between.

The blog this stadium is made is at
https://onyxworkshop.wordpress.com/blood-bowl/blood-bowl-pitch-vikings-stadium/

Hirstarts molds over at http://www.hirstarts.com/molds/moldsfloor.html

Mini over at Impact! Miniatures
http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=beauties_profile&id=EO_REFR

They've got some cheap resin teams, also the Valkyries that plasmoids uses for his amazons (pictured here), I quite like 'em and at $50 CAD for 12 they seem like something I'll buy sometime in the future.
>>
>>43584546
Ogre win in other categories though.

http://www.thenaf.net/2015/11/round-7-tds-and-cas/
4 of the top 5 teams in the casualty chart are Ogre at the end of the world cup the highest cas was an ogre team with 73 casualties.
>>
>>43585145
just want to compare
>>
>>43583112
>You aren't going to try to hand off or pick up the ball with Ogres, unless there is no way to avoid it.
yes that's exactly what you should be doing. You don't want to waste spp on the snotlings.
And throw team mate is really good. Alone the threat of it prevents enemies to fully engage your cage. It is also a real good skill on the offense just throw a snotling at a cage.
>>
What do people think about Khemri?
>>
>>43587515
me punch face
lots strength
me kill me win
>>
>>43583721
In BB2? Brets.

Fend and Wrestle on everything so they have incredibly difficult times actually forcing armor rolls on you and getting blocks, 7 Armor means you don't give a shit about Claw.

And cheap as fuck linemen means you can play a 14-15 player team without fucking your TV up too badly.
>>
>>43587515

Hilarious.
It's a whole team of Ag 1 and 2 buffoons. They're spooky skeletons backed up by imbeciles wrapped in toilet paper, none of whom can pick up the ball. By the time other teams are dashing around with Leaping blodgers or Clawpombs, those mummies will still be wandering around blindly with Mighty Blow and nothing else. They're absolutely my favourite team for the mix of comedy and relentless grinding horror that they provide.
>>
>>43587772
I'll stick to playing them against scrubs, then.

Tomb Kings never get any respect.

:'(
>>
>>43587239
IMO way better than these Valkyries >>43586416
>>
>opponent is orc screening
I'm confused.
>>
>>43583832
It's an understandable disappointment because injury rolls can result in a lot more - a KO keeps the guy out for a half, and a bad/serious injury keeps the guy out for the entire game - as well as awarding SPPs to the player blocking.

However these aren't really events that can be relied upon as such. And the extra turn a player is out on a stun can be pretty decisive.
>>
>>43587515
Khemri's main issue is that like the other Undead teams their best tactic is often to focus on removing players from the pitch, either from high strength Tomb Guardian blocks or cheap Skeleton gang-fouls (a Skelly is often worth a lot less than the fouling target). Unlike the Undead or Necromantic teams though, their roster lacks options for doing anything else - the other Undead teams can put on the speed and mobility when needed with ghous, wights, and/or wolves.

They were stronger in LRB4 back when fouling was generally better, and generally do poorly in perpetual leagues where it's easy to grind Clawpomb killers (Decay on your Tomb Guardians means they're very likely to retire if their armour breaks and they fail regen).
>>
>>43584999
I used to do this for the bb1 videos. I'd try to close the pop up windows or select the block dice.
>>
Anyone got a torrent for BB2? Dont want to pay 45 euro for a game.
>>
>>43588867
Then play FUMBBL. You can't play online anyway and the Singleplayer is shit.
>>
>>43588922

thanks, ill roll a team. Which teams are best for newbies? I only play tabletop 40k.
>>
>>43589242
Humans is a team that teches you to be flexible and learn the rules. You won't win a lot, but it's a good learning experience.

Other than that, Orcs, Amazons and Lizardmen aren't bad for beginners.
>>
>>43589479
Amazons and Lizardmen teach some terrible habits though.
>>
>>43589554
It all comes down to "Do I want to learn the game properly, or do I just want a chance at winning?"

If you have the latter attitude, Blood Bowl might be the wrong game for you, but there are teams that help you.
>>
Is playing an av 7-8 team worth it ? I mean no matter how good they are they will probably die at some point or have an injury that sucks ass. Is av 9 the best way to go for long time teams ?
>>
>>43589819
Av7 teams are usually more mobile/agile than AV9 teams so what they lack in armor they make up for with The ability to dodge or run away. Yes, your units will get injured easier, but that just means you need to position them in ways where they won't be able to be blocked. One blitz per turn isn't that much of a threat.
>>
>>43587924
the willy miniatures are also three times the price.

I'm not paying 100 euros for a team.

And I still like phil's valks
>>
>>43589819
>I mean no matter how good they are they will probably die at some point or have an injury that sucks ass.
Guy I am playing in a league with Play days right now as orcs(TV1000). First match dwarves murder my Blitzer (AV9) and I murder his Trollslayer. Second match (vs Bretonnian) I murder his Blitzer he Injures my Black Orc (-av).
There is not a single team whose players will not be horrible murdered or maimed.
>>
>>43589819
If you don't want your players murdered you might as well play Madden NFL.
>>
>>43589819
Depends, if you're playing in a perpetual league and are worried that your guys might die then it's not worth even playing bloodbowl.

Murderchaos teams will get their 4 claws and they will murder everyone.

If you're scared of the AV7 you could play some dark elves, you get AV8 but you can't leap like wood elves or throw like highelves/woodelves/proelves

dark elves are like the humans of the elf team, you get 4 players with block at tv1000 but everyone is agi 4

You play a little more flexible than other agi teams because you can out bash any other agi team but you'll still get wrecked by str4 spam
>>
Two die block with my leveled up beastmen who I gave block, double skulls, re-roll, double skulls, armour break, DEAD, apothecary broken neck -1 agi

Time to retire the team I guess
>>
>>43591014
Why would you retire the team after one beastman dies?
>>
>>43591062
Not him,but i like making new teams,whenever something bad happens i take it as a hint it's time to refresh
>>
>>43591174

So, you've never had a team with TV over 1300?
>>
>>43586416
What bugs me about these 3rd party bloodbowl teams is that because they can't use the official names, they have to make their own.
Comixinos is good to make it clear whats what, but impact is a bitch.

Like are the "black widows" suposed to be dark elves wood elves or amazons?
>>
>>43591235
I usually get to 1500 1700,if i like the team 2000,but at some point i look at my team and i wish i built it in another manner,and then Someone important dies and i just do it
>>
>>43593560
>Like are the "black widows" suposed to be dark elves wood elves or amazons?
They are supposed to be skaven.
1 Naga (Rat Ogre)
4 Strikers (Gutter Runner)
2 Throwers
2 Hunters (Storm Vermin)
>>
>>43593876
I think this makes my point, because that was a fucking shot in the dark
>>
>>43593876
they could also be Wood Elves from the positionals. 4-2-2-1
>>
File: Playing Bloodbowl.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Playing Bloodbowl.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
bump
>>
Where the fuck did Bretonnian blitzers being G/P for skill access instead of G/S come from?

As far as I know the only changes to them outside of BB2 were a movement point drop.

Was it just Cyanide fucking with shit for no apparent reason again?
>>
>>43596511
the person that made the team changed it because 8 pieces with GS access 4 of which have block dauntless and the other 4 with wrestle is pretty fuckin' good.
>>
>>43596705

Should have changed the Blockers and not the Blitzers, then.

Give Blockers Passing access so one can be developed down that path, keep Strength on the Blitzers.
>>
>>43596891
Blockers have to do the dirty work to keep the blitzers clean
>>
>>43591062
It took two games to level up one player, low tv chaos is a struggle, and then having your one guy that you leveled up get crippled?

Yeah, time to retire a team
>>
>>43589554
Like what? I'm a noob.
>>
>>43597493
Having dodge or stunty on ball carriers starting out makes you reckless with dodging later. Same thing can be said for starting with an elf team.
>>
>>43574372
Morathi when?
>>
>>43585145
...Ral Partha Slave Auction?
>>
>>43598077
>you will never be a dark elf blitzer star with Morathi as your patron
>never have her throw you roses as you kick a woodelf wardancer to death
>you will never have an invitation to her private box, in her box seating
>you will never experience the joy of the fact that Malekith can't kill you because rules of bloodbowl
>>
Has anyone in a BB2 actually taken a sponsorship? Outside of the campaign that is.
>>
>>43599074
Sponsorships are just cosmetic, as far as I know.
>>
>>43596891
No, Blitzers are very clearly meant to be the ball carriers.

Honestly, I don't get why this bothers people so much. Passing access on 4 models makes for some incredibly interesting team dynamics you don't get anywhere else.

Your Blockers are your Blitzers, your Blitzers are your ball carriers who can do offensive shit.
>>
What are some good ideas for a Roman-Greco themed pitch for a high elf team?
I was thinking something like Circus maximus but I can't just stick the center piece in the middle of the pitch
>>
>>43599482
amphitheatre?
>>
>>43599248

>they have dauntless and block
>THEY'RE BALL CARRIERS GUYS

I don't have a problem with a team that has 4 specialized carriers that can all be developed as passers if need be.

The problem is that if this is their intention for how they're designed, they have some needless bloat for the skills they have. Get rid of Dauntless and replace it with something else if that's what is supposed to be going on. Block is fine on a ball carrier of course but if they are supposed to feel like ball carriers and not blitzers they should probably have Sure Hands or something instead.
>>
>>43599482
Was thinking that for the stands at both ends, maybe have the end zone rounded for it to rap around
>>
>>43599791
obviously only semi circles cuz you gotta play
>>
>>43599482

Columns and porticos along the edges and around the Injured/KO boxes.

Chained white lions at the edge of the pitch, with or without handlers, ready to maul and bite players who get pushed out the game.

Mozaic on the pitch.
>>
>>43599780
They're not just ball carriers, the can blitz as well. They are a hybrid piece. They're you primary ball carriers and action pieces. They are what plays are built around.
>>
>>43599780
Block is taken on most ball carriers anyways, so there's no point to that. Dauntless gives them some offensive punch against big guys and gives them something to do when you're on defense.

And they don't have Sure Hands, they have Catch, for their running game.

Do you realize how annoying a Dump Off is when every single one of your Blitzers has Catch and Nerves of Steel?

Like, they're not actual straight up dedicated ball carriers like on other teams, but they're most certainly meant to be the ones that carry the ball for you.
>>
>>43599831
>Chained white lions at the edge of the pitch, with or without handlers, ready to maul and bite players who get pushed out the game.
Brilliant
>>
>>43599780

Norse Runners have Dauntless and Block, along with higher movement too.

In both cases you get more than one of them so on your offensive drive you can use the other one(s) aggressively. That means you're 'wasting' exactly one instance of Dauntless with your ball carrier, and only then on your offensive drive.
>>
So there is a possibility that GW will support BB again: >>43602131

So tell me /bbg/, is that prospect unsettling or terrifying?
>>
File: whatdowehavehere.jpg (51KB, 359x305px) Image search: [Google]
whatdowehavehere.jpg
51KB, 359x305px
>>43602352
>>
>>43602352

This has the makings of an absolute trainwreck as far as rules are concerned, but GW can't do anything to take away the LRB, it's out there in the wild, it's been supported by the community for decades and they certainly won't stop supporting it if GW rolls out a complete abomination.

Which leaves us with the models - which couldn't really go wrong. Worst case scenario there are some shitty looking models but we can pick and choose what we do and don't want to use.

That said, Blood Bowl is likely low on their to-do list. Their first order of business will most definitely be Battlefleet Gothic. They want a slice of that X-Wing pie.
>>
>>43599780
Dauntless is a very useful skill on Catcher-type players (Gutter Runners, Human Catchers, etc.). Catchers usually get -1ST compared to other positionals on the roster in exchange for very high movement, which means they can get a lot of mileage out of Dauntless (it's a lot easier to get than rolling +ST).

Dauntless allows your catchers to put that movement to use in an offensive way, slipping around screens to blitz the ball carrier. The fact that the Bretonnian Blitzer gets 3ST off the bat is already pretty good.
>>
>>43602352
Pls pls,i hope models look good,hoping to get the old ines back is too much to ask i guess
>>
File: 1307736775658.jpg (30KB, 406x358px) Image search: [Google]
1307736775658.jpg
30KB, 406x358px
>>43602352

Oh boy, Age of Sigmar Bloodbowl could happen!
>>
I think I might be a bad person. New to game, been playing skaven. Just tried dwarves and suffered comically terrible luck in my games and realised this might be why I like skaven: generally speaking, very few dice rolls happen if I can help it. If enemy has the ball then I'm probably just stalling them down the field. If I have the ball I'm aiming to use dodge, sprint and sure feet to blast down the pitch avoiding as many tackle zones as I can.
Basically I have fun when I can avoid dice coming up wherever possible.
On a related note fuck spiraling costs. I'm lucky to even make up the costs when I win a match, this is insane.
>>
Is it even worth including big guys like minotaurs, trolls and ogres in your teams? They're so damned unreliable and expensive.
>>
>>43603562
What they could do is go after the Names, meaning they could try to shut down the LRB and FUMMBL guys for using "Blood Bowl" and the Team Names.

>>43604526
Depends on the team. Humans profit from having an Ogre around, since it gives you some actual hard punch. He's hard to move out of the way, especially if you give him Block and Guard.
Chaos is already very punchy, so they don't really need that, and so are Orcs. Plus, the Troll suck harder.
Goblins... well, you are already playing Goblins, might as well take two Trolls.
Krox and Treemen are great.
>>
>>43602352

Seen this, and I actually hope it's not true. They'll only fuck it all up and split playerbases for games in half.
>>
>>43604526
>>43604937
I like getting a Minotaur, he serves a different purpose on chaos teams though. Against ag teams you can use him to hold down the los, and against cagey teams you can hold him back and use him to blitz open the cage fairly easily. That said he's not an early purchase by any stretch.
>>
>>43606243
>>43604526
Mino's interesting because you can build him in such a way that he doesn't need to activate to have a big effect on the field.

Tentacle + Barbed Tail gives you a piece that can hold 2-3 enemy players in place all game without any real issue, and never requires the Mino to make a block, for example.
>>
Does bb2 have the custom cheerleaders for each race?
because it not I am officially salty
>>
>>43606831
Does not. Cheerleaders don't even show up for the teams, only in a cutscene every time someone scores a touchdown.
>>
File: I'm getting a boner.jpg (67KB, 960x734px) Image search: [Google]
I'm getting a boner.jpg
67KB, 960x734px
>>43606997
Dam.
Chaos edition elves and khorne had the cheerleaders, save for the Khemrians
>>
>>43604212
Nuffle wouldn't allow that faggotry, and he is the most powerful chaos god out there
>>
>Just scored a touchdown with my Beast of Nurgle
Is there a better feeling than scoring with your big guy?
>>
>>43607401
Elf player here,
Have you ever seen a ball go from 2 squares away from the opposition's end zone to your own in a single turn?
>>
>>43607428
yes
skaven do that on a monday.
I have also seen a throw in that kept on going out of the pitch until it was on the other side.
>>
>>43607401
doing it with a tree.
>>
>>43604526
I personally love the minotaur, one doubles makes him worth while, access to mutations help a lot
>>
>>43606243
The problem I always see with Big Guys is that you usually need to buy them early, if not in the stating roster. Otherwise they'll never get the kills to ever level up.
Yet, if you do that, you completely gimp yourself most of the time.

Of course, that problem is alleviated in a perpetual league, where you can just start out with your Chaos Roster, level up a few times and get the Mino once your team is already decent.
>>
>>43608156
Yeah, in a tournament format I'd just leave the big guy for everyone except humans.
>>
>>43608249
The Treeman for Woodies doesn't seem bad either. It's basically a big, wooden FUCK YOU to the Bash Races.
>>
>>43608666
It's also shit and you could get a wardancer or two linemen for the same price that actually help you win.
>>
>>43593560
>>43593876
http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=dwind_profile&id=DW_ETM

who can tell me who this is suposed to be?
>>
>>43609343
http://www.elfball.org/teams/
those aren't bloodbowl teams but they are elfball teams.
>>
>>43608699
the tree actually protects your linemen and prevents a lot of deaths you would otherwise suffer.
>>
>>43609678
>no high elves
This is a pathetic and ignorant attempt to copy bloodbowl
>>
>>43609791
Elfball's pretty different actually. It's based on a hex grid rather than a square one, and the base mechanic is dicepool based. It plays closer to Dreadball - more like hockey or basketball than gridiron football.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (117KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
117KB, 873x627px
I just heard of the Nurgle team and how they are like super defense chaos. How can I build a Chaos team in BB2 so I have an amazing defense like nurgle, at least 2 killers (a CW and Beastman), and enough ammo so I won't get out bashed, while keeping my TV in check?
>>
>>43609714
Yeah, by standing in the middle of the pitch.
>>
>>43610835
yes also the tree is a good place to knock opponents into people.
>>
>Play game
>Everything is running smooth
>Run in 3-0 TD
>New drive Turn 16
>Rock gets thrown at Blitzer, dies

I fucking hate random events. Helpful Kick-Off Events, okay.
Negative Kick-Off Events, okay.
But players shouldn't be able to die because of loldice. There was literally nothing I could have done about that. I even had more bloody FAME.

>inb4 Apothecary
I already used it to negate a Dead from a piling on Minotaur.
>>
>>43611554
>But players shouldn't be able to die because of loldice
Maybe you should play a game more suited to you. like World of Darkness, where homo-tublr trans like yourself get hugs instead of hatefull block dice
>>
I got into this because of the vidja and I fucking love it.

How was the boardgame?
How were the slaan?
>>
>>43611554
Just imagine how awesome it was for the supporter
>Aww sweet I got him with a rock
>he isn't getting back up!
>that'll learn him to get ready for a drive!
>>
>>43611652
The boardgame had more tactical thinking due to certain rules not being forced on you.
You also aren't punished for having a treasury in the tabletop.

The Slaan were silly, goofy, and questionable, but also fun.
>>
>>43612131
>You also aren't punished for having a treasury in the tabletop.
Does bloodbowl 2 do this?
What rules are "forced" in vidja that aren't in the real game? I really don't know

Also I know that Necro is a more "speed" game then undead, but whats the fluff distinction?
>>
>>43611719
The supporter leveled up and took mighty blow

Today I painted my chaos team. I'll post pics when the bases are dry if you guys are interested
>>
>>43612217
please do, I'll post my HE when I get them from Spain
>>
>>43612217
go for it
>>
>>43612217
Conversions, or classic BB chaos?

I'm in the process of stripping my metal human team. I forgot how awesome the new BB metals were, regret my lack of a Griff for when a blitzer starts racking up skills.
>>
>>43612274
conversion, I had some new plastics lying around and figured why not
>>
>>43612175
In BB2 if you have 150k or more gold, it starts counting into your TV, which punishes teams with high cost pieces.

If you look in Cyanide's Rulebook for BB2, it lists a number of skills that are mandatory when their conditions are met, as opposed to asking you to use them, most of the time you would use them, but sometimes you would prefer to choose, so it's mostly a thing that only occurs in higher level play.
Juggernaut is the big example, as Juggernaut has both benefits and downsides so deciding when to use it as opposed to always using it on a blitz is nice.

Necro is a team created by Necromancer wizards and their allies.
Undead is a team created by some crazy (partially) intelligent undead.
>>
>>43612643
Wow, bloodbowl 2 sounds really mediocre
I might get it on sale though
>>
>>43612217
>The supporter leveled up and took mighty blow

Don't forget to give your pitch SPP for any injuries it causes on GFIs.

>>43612667
It's ok. Not horrific, but definitely not worth the full asking price. I don't regret buying it at 1/3rd off for the amount of hours I've put in on it.
>>
>>43605082

This. The current devs are just bad at making games and even worse at writing lore. There's no way that they wouldn't end up making a new version worse. The only question is just how much worse.
>>
>>43612643
Juggernaut got fixed in the patch
>>
>>43613105
Fairly certain its just "re-releases" and if not, remember these are Forge world dudes, so high hopes
>>
>>43610676
you need disturbing presence Tentacles and Foul Appearance
>>
>>43611554
>loldice
but anon every player dies because of loldice
>>
>>43613335
on everyone?
>>
>>43611554
>But players shouldn't be able to die because of loldice.

>Tumblr can't understand the central conceit of Blood Bowl
>>
>>43610676

Chaos and Nurgle are both pretty similar. Slowish CPOMB teams that grind down the opposition.

While they're similar in operation, making Chaos like Nurgle isn't really optimal. Rookie Nurgle players start out with their nasty Nurgle skills. On a Chaos team you'll have to skill up a Chaos Warrior twice to get Disturbing Presence and Foul Appearance (which Nurgle Warriors start with), and three times if you're taking Block first

Honestly as Chaos I would just cherry pick some of Nurgle's best attributes. Try to get an S5 Warrior with Tentacles. You could try taking 4x Disturbing Presence across various players but I would just prefer to mark and kill.

>>43611554

Blood Bowl is meant to be like that. Yes players should be able to die because loldice. It's a cruel game. Suck it up or play something else.
>>
>>43613394
How would you build a good chaos team then? What skills on your dudes? Mino or no?
>>
>>43613389
>>43613394

This game naturally deters Nancyboys
Like I told my gay friend to try it, but he wouldn't even watch me and a mutual friend play it because he just assumed it was Madden (despite telling him explicitly it wasn't). And he played Depression Quest before even looking at bloodbowl (I shit you not)

He also thinks Fantasy is just 40k grimdark despite me trying to explain otherwise
>>
>>43613389
>>43611587

I don't like the first anon's whining either, but do please try to be a little less /v/ on /tg/.
>>
>>43613413

The bare bones of most Chaos teams is three or four ClawPOMB killers, the rest with block and mighty blow or tackle. One ball-carrier with block, sure hands and extra arms. Protect your killers and ball carrier with your less skilled players, because the less skilled ones are expendable. Most Chaos teams will have 12 to 13 players.

Minotaurs are a matter of preference. Early on they add some punch to a Chaos team but are unreliable. Later on, at TV 1750+ when Chaos teams are likely to have several killers and very possibly an S5 Warrior, a Minotaur is less impressive, and also easier for opponents to take out (because you will probably be facing lots of CPOMB and enough guard to counter S5). That said, you will see some fierce high level Minotaurs knocking around. It's by no means a shitty player.
>>
>tfw got doubles (5s) on three out of four Black Orcs first skill
>took Block on every single one anyway
>>
>>43613637
not dodge? MA can also be useful.
>>
>>43613637
I always forget, is double 5's ag or st? I never get lucky with doubles, I've gotten passing twice, on a chaos warrior.
>>
>>43613637
Not the worst decisions, block is vital for turning the black orc from a liability to a brusier

I'd take block on a minotaur rather than +1 str
>>
>>43613552
I got mine as a 4th purchase if I remember right, he's been working pretty well so far.
>>
>>43613672

It's MA/AV unfortunately. Don't need the AV and I don't think the MA is worth the rise in TV
>>
>>43613663

I'd have taken block too. Any slugger like that - Chaos/Nurgle Warrior, Black Orc, Flesh Golem, Saurus, etc - is so much better once they've got Block. Dodge is a nice extra but it doesn't make much immediate difference, not like Block does.
>>
>>43613663

I'd take it afterwards, but since it's only useful when getting hit rather than when hitting I'd rather have Block first

>43613689

Oh god yeah, especially with based Horns
>>
>>43613751
I get why block is taken but i feel the doubles are wasted. My reasoning is you can always get block but not dodge, but you are right block is better.
>>
>>43613789

It's because Dodge on a slugger doesn't really make them that much better at their job. It helps them defensively a bit, but doesn't make it any easier for them to get more SP from bashing stuff, and it'll now be even longer before they get Block. A slugger with Dodge and no other skills is really no better than a rookie when you take TV into account.

You could take Dodge, suck up the downsides and consider it an investment, as long as you're aware you'll hurt your short term chances.
>>
>>43613552
How stripped down in terms of TV can I go? I figure 2 killers, a ball carrier, a wrestle/tackle blitzer, tentacle CW, and two block guard CWs and I can play at 1500-1650 ish
>>
>>43613851
Yes but later on you can get Break Tackle, which synergizes with a Black Orc, Saurus, Mummy's ability to use Dodge.

First 3 Skills I wish for are Block, Dodge, Break Tackle on a Strength piece I want to reposition often.
>>
>>43613361
on chaos warriors
>>
>>43613963

You could but Chaos do best when they're over 1750 TV.

>>43614094

Like I said, it's an investment that won't show any immediate payoffs. And I really don't want a player that's going to perform no better than a rookie for the next ~10 games but costs 30TV extra. I certainly wouldn't want three of them. That's practically giving away a bribe in inducements without any useful advantage.
>>
>>43614601
Hmm, but I don't want to play other murder teams or good players
>>
>>43614601
Chaos player here, block is best skill
>>
File: bloodbowlfodder.jpg (84KB, 778x427px) Image search: [Google]
bloodbowlfodder.jpg
84KB, 778x427px
As I mentioned before, here's my team I painted today.

They were mostly experiments for painting, sorry for the flash, I'm too lazy to carry them down to my painting station with daylights.

I know, I'm shit.

I realize with the flash you can't see the five colours in the beast skin, and I think I'll paint their eyes red (since black looks way dark) but it's my first time painting over bright primer (and coloured primer, previously I only went over black or grey).

So I'd say they were successful experiments.
>>
File: bloodbowlchampions.jpg (66KB, 785x430px) Image search: [Google]
bloodbowlchampions.jpg
66KB, 785x430px
>>43615543
And the "important" players
>>
>>43614632

Then you're a gutless little shit who is milking the TV-matching system. Die.
>>
>>43615543
>>43615570
the flesh looks good, it will look good on the pitch but comes off a bit shiny did you varish them? you don't need to varnish plastic. Also not digging the green bases but it too early to say

Still looks good and keep the updates
>>
>>43615586
I've played this game for like a month faggot. I don't want to have to play guys like cknoor
>>
>>43615620
Son, this game is about falling on your face, and hopefully learning something. If you are too afraid of getting a whole team #rekt or double skulls after reroll after double skulls or watching a mummy intercept you, then you will never be a great coach
>>
>>43614601
Even so, I would have kept one of them with Dodge, and either given the other two Block or give one Block, One Dodge, and have the last one set with Jump Up and plan for it to become a Pile On Orc doen the line.

Unless you are playing in a league that is going to end within a set number of matches there is no reason for you not to play the long game.
>>
>>43615611
Thanks, I'll be putting flock over the green anyways, darker flock
I realized that I need to paint numbers on them, I might just number the bases, probably put numbers on the warriors' capes

What do you think?
>>
>>43615646
Isn't part of the game keeping your TV in check? I see so much shit about inducements and managing player bloat. It is like a salary cap
>>
>>43615673
As this threads elf authority a high TV isn't bad, now bb2 might be a bitch about it, but not in bb1 or the real board game

>>43615661
Cape can work, or a waist-plate
Either way you should put their number on the sides of the base to be easily identified
>>
File: trulysatisfying.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
trulysatisfying.gif
2MB, 320x180px
bump
>>
>>43617800
that stand up animation is SO fast, it's like 3 frames, I hate seeing it.
>>
>>43618072
The gif is sped up a bit in weird places
>>
>>43618224
Nah it's like that in game
>>
>>43615673
The problem is TV management is only feasible in an open, perpetual environment, where you're guaranteed enough games to grind a replacement back up to spec - but conversely, nothing really matters in a perpetual environment since there isn't a final goal you're playing for, and you're mostly playing against random strangers who you might not ever see again.

Blood Bowl is designed and balanced around league play - usually featuring a limited number of games until a championship. Cutting an experienced player that has say, a Niggling Injury is thus a very tough choice in that environment, because of the time limitation - you don't have unlimited games to build a replacement.

TV min-maxing in open leagues may improve your team's win rate, but will not make you better as a coach for those league environments.
>>
So what are your predictions on the next race cyanide is gonna release?
>halflings.
>>
>>43619542
I actually would like halflings, gobbos and ogres added. Also the undead teams
>>
>>43619556
I love Gobbos for their ability to fuck up bashing teams, myself.
>>
>>43619542
Necromantic, Khemri, Vampires, Norse, Amazons
PLEASE
>>
>>43619542
They've heavily implied that Slann will be next haven't they?
>>
File: FUMBBL_Black[1].png (22KB, 1286x340px) Image search: [Google]
FUMBBL_Black[1].png
22KB, 1286x340px
Right, fuck it. Since these threads seem to be doing alright, I'll ask again:

Would there be any interest in a /tg/ FUMBBL league, or some kind of competition?

I know a league can be a long slog and you get people dropping off or not being able to sort fixtures because they're on different sides of the world.

So how about a short knockout Cup or something to test the water?
>>
Why do people hate fouling so much in bb2? I played brets v lizardmen and was on defense for the first half and after I knew I couldn't get the skink ball carrier so I started to foul players that he left isolated. Lost 0-2 but the injuries were in my favor. One -av blocker that I replaced already and his were a niggles skink and a dead skink plus a miss game surai.
>>
>use both rerolls by the end of turn 1 because the game was so generous to give me a blitz at the kickoff
>end the first turn with a turnover anyway
>turnover every second turn on the first block
The opponent is allowed to succeed in every 3+ dodge and 1 die block though.
>>
>>43621802
I would love that,but i am rather noob and i am european,so as stated scheduling might be a bit of a problem
>>
>>43621802
Would probably play that even though I'm not that familliar with FUMBBL interface. Would kill for a /tg/ BB2 league though.
>>
>>43621888
>playing a luck based game and complaining about it
Also
>using a reroll for a blitz turn when you only have two
>>
>>43621935
>believing in the concept of luck
>>
>>43621935
I've had a reroll pay off during a Blitz.
Managed to have a skink catch the ball it kicked, would have tripped on the GFI.
Opponent couldn't get a Pow or Both Down.

But yeah,
>Complaining about luck
You are totally right on that one my good anon.
Blood Bowl is a heavy luck based game. If noobs can't take the heat they should get out of the kitchen.
>>
>>43621935
>>43621968
It's not really complaining, I just want to share stupid stories, not like I ragequit every time, but makes you kinda not even try to care about the ball after a few turns like that.
>>
>>43621802
yes

also FUMBBL group please
>>
>>43620045
>Bomb Lobber rolls +Agi

No one is safe.
>>
>when you need rerolls and money is not an issue
>>
In the Blood Bowl PC game - not BB2 - if I start a match with less than 11 players on the pitch, how the fuck do I get my reserve players out into my starting formation? I can replace my current players with reserve ones without a problem, but no matter what, I can't get all 11 of them out there before kickoff.
>>
>>43621802
Fumbbl group would be fun. Also interested in a bb2 group as well.
>>
File: blood_bowl_12-copy.png (170KB, 343x482px) Image search: [Google]
blood_bowl_12-copy.png
170KB, 343x482px
Right then, I made a shiny new group.

https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=9828&p=tournaments

Join it even if you only have a modicum of interest, or play Cyanide or whatever. Being in the group doesn't mean you have necessarily to join any tournaments in it.
>>
>>43622582
Do be so negative to people playing BB2, we all love the game, and alienating people just fractures a reinvigorated community.
>>
>>43622609

I... what? I think you might have misread what I said mate.

I said join the FUMBBL page even if you're not looking for a game on that client because you play Cyanide games. That's inclusive.
>>
>>43622637
Oh...... Jumped the gun a bit mate, sorry about that.
>>
File: pic195116_md.jpg (76KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
pic195116_md.jpg
76KB, 500x375px
>>43622666

No worries bro.

I'm worried about community fragmentation too, especially with all this news about the Specialist Games.

Knowing GW their new version of Blood Bowl will be like the old Kerrunch! game for babbies. With Sigmarines.
>>
>>43622765
>
I have applied with a team!
>>
>think blood bowl is basically dead, only revived recently by the videogames
>watch a video from the NAF
>hundreds of players there

wot da zog
>>
>>43621802

I've only played bloodbowl on the videogame, would like to try it out on FUMBBL
>>
>>43622582
>suggest a group thinking you don't need to apply a team for it
>you have to

that's pretty lame but whatever still applied
>>
>>43622960
Bloodbowl is love
Bloodbowl is life
>>
>>43622228
Why isn't there a cap?
You can't only use 8 per half and they reset at half time
>>
>>43623306
it is a visual bug. you don't have 420 rerolls.
>>
>>43623026

Yeah it's weird how Groups work really, bit dated. I just put a placeholder team in.
>>
>>43621802
There seems to have been a /tg/ group in the past. I'd say start with a /tg/ group with an open play format first, and then if there's enough interest from there you can do tournaments or proper seasons. /tg/ is notoriously flakey.
>>
>>43621888
>>use both rerolls by the end of turn 1 because the game was so generous to give me a blitz at the kickoff
>>end the first turn with a turnover anyway
>>turnover every second turn on the first block

On the pitch, where nuffle's king
When players whine
We say....

When your dude GFIs and he falls down and dies

That's Blood Bowl

When the crowd's cheering lulls as you roll double skulls

That's Blood Bowl

Snake eyes roll ting a ling a ling ting a ling a ling
and you'll scream mother fucker
Blood bowl spray tippy tippy tay tippy tippy tay
Trust us there's no sucker

When your face is a scowl as you're turn 16 fouled

That's Blood Bowl

Your star player's head splits from a weak snotling's blitz
You will rage
Intercepted by a Kroxigor you lose all control
So we say well my friend see the pain never ends that's Blood Bowl

http://tindeck.com/listen/jvdn
>>
>absolutely battering a Norse team, down to like 4 players by the end of the first half
>second half is my turn to recieve
>cage right down the end, just a runner irritating me
>roll 2db, POW or PUSH
>take the Push as I can surf him on a blitz
>Blitzer proceeds to roll Both Down x2, so being even more greedy I reroll
>double skull
>his runner gets POW POW on a 2 dice, my choice
>orcs completely fluff it, his Frost Troll whacks the ball carrier
>picks it up and dodges out, passes to someone downfield
>lose 0-1

FUCK'S SAKE WANKERS
>>
>>43625154
>roll 2db, POW or PUSH
>take the Push as I can surf him on a blitz
Theres your problem dumbass
The dice were nice to you and you took it for granted, expecting something good for the next roll.
>>
>>43625322

I know, I really learned a lesson. No idea what came over me.
>>
>>43622582
i am trying to make a team , but the lack of originality for names hurts
>>
>>43625468

Use one of the hundreds of RPG name generators if you're stuck, or pick a theme (film characters etc)
>>
File: Fumbol is shit.jpg (220KB, 987x639px) Image search: [Google]
Fumbol is shit.jpg
220KB, 987x639px
Nobody toll me FUMBBL was run by fascists
>>
>>43625881

>le rest of the internet is like 4chan niggerfaggots XD
>>
>>43625926
No but if I innocently name my four catchers Slippy Dippy Skippy and Tippy that shouldn't be agaisnt the rules
Its hard to come up with good lore names
>>
>>43625926
>You cis scum have no right to name an orc "boner", no rape privilege for you
See, I can strawman too
>>
>>43625958
don't sweat it senpai, check the names of my teams I still haven't gotten banned and I try to push the limits with each new team to test the waters

https://fumbbl.com/~sasasing
>>
>>43626142
>flight plan

I legit laughed, and I needed it since I threw skull and double down 10 times in my last match

8% chance my ass
>>
>>43624685

/tg/ is super dedicated but never for more than a month.

But that's not terrible either because we are talking about games which under normal circumstances would only get a match or two within a week, whereas we often knock out 4-5 a day.

We've had a couple Mordheim campaigns already that played out like that and they were a lot of fun but of you're even remotely interested you better be ready to jump straight in or you'll miss the boat.
>>
i just discovered from our league about simyin,they look fun, how good are they? what are chimpanzees supposed to be doing? they look like a catcher sacker hybrid with a bit of a blitzer piece. how do people use them?also awhat are they supposed to be lore wise?
>>
>>43628301
honestly no idea, made them one day to play with people new to blood bowl but they never played
>>
>>43622582
I finished my Salary Simians team.
was REALLY scraping the bottom of the barrel for names towards the end.
>>
>>43628885
>was REALLY scraping the bottom of the barrel for names towards the end.
>barrel
>simians
I see what you did
>>
File: barrels of fun.jpg (61KB, 1130x1000px) Image search: [Google]
barrels of fun.jpg
61KB, 1130x1000px
>>43628982
>>
>>43621949

Okay then fuckwhistle, why don't you go ahead and plot out the next twenty rolls I'll make, based on your superadvanced understanding of our 100% deterministic universe. I'll be waiting for you right here faggot, so go ahead and post whenever you're ready.
>>
I think I've made a mistake somewhere. Rules, unless I've horribly misread, say you can use more than one reroll a turn, just not on the same roll. So why, in bbce, can I only seem to reroll once a turn?
>>
>>43629647
That's Blood Bowl
>>
>>43629667

Team Re-rolls and player re-rolls are different.

Team Re-rolls may only be made once per turn.

Player re-rolls may happen as many times in a turn as you want, unless the skill granting them states otherwise (like Pro).

In either case, you can never re-roll a die that has already been re-rolled. So a die that has been re-rolled from a player re-roll cannot be re-rolled with a team re-roll.
>>
I cut my bloodbowl pitch today, 26 inches by 15 inches.

Perfect in every way.

6mm thick mdf ready to be painted, flocked, sealed and then have gridlines painted on
>>
>>43630032
Any theme? Or just a classic pitch?
>>
>>43629989
>Player re-rolls may happen as many times in a turn as you want

You can only re-roll with a skill once per player, per turn. If a catcher uses the Dodge skill once when dodging out of a tackle zone, that catcher can't use it again that turn if they try to dodge a second time and fail (but they could use a team re-roll).
>>
>>43630571
nah just grass, I might make a stencil and spray a logo onto the pitch, a sexy lady silhouette or something, maybe a horned skull
>>
>>43622582

Applied with a team.
>>
Are Khemri teams just on their own as far as Injuries are concerned?

They have no Apothecaries, they have no Necromancer. They have a shit-ton of Regeneration but their defensive line is a lot of Skeletons.

I suppose that's the price to pay for 4 not-mummies? Except Decay is a real bitch.
>>
>>43634861
Don't they have a free almost apo that lets them reroll a regen?
>>
>>43634861
Khemri were better in LRB4 when fouling was better and ClawPOMB was less prevalent. Skeletons are the perfect foulers, though they still relied on casualties to really make touchdowns. They got hit with the nerf bat a little too hard IMO; the idea behind decay was to give Khemri teams some actual fear of attrition but it makes the TGs likely to go off the pitch in an environment where Claw exists.

>>43635468
Khemri don't get a Necromancer/Igor IIRC
>>
File: victorydance.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
victorydance.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>
>>43636212
I can't find a mention on the rulebook,but on bbce team building shows an igor from the start
>>
>>43637105

Igor is only an inducement, 100k a game.
>>
And a new thread lads.

>>43637247

>>43637247

>>43637247
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.