[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ever since the Slyvan Council decided to send several student

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1445923220426.jpg (210KB, 1280x787px) Image search: [Google]
1445923220426.jpg
210KB, 1280x787px
>Ever since the Slyvan Council decided to send several student envoys to the Human Arcaneotech institutions they have since made rapid advances in bio-mechanical technology
>Recently they have unveiled their latest creations, a part machine part plant construct formed partially from the dna of treants and fairies which they plant to use to convert a selected expanse of wood into living solar collectors however they have run into stiff opposition from various Druid circles who are opposed to what they see as invasive tampering of nature.

>This is of particular concern of the Dwarves who've enjoyed yearly revenues from the sale of fossil fuels who's prices they have lowered in competition with humans who are drilling oil reserves inside their own country. Even still there are a number of investors who are looking to invest in the new Elven Solar Tree and artifical fairy technology.
>>
>>43560860
Assuming this shit goes through ethics subcommittee without problems, I'm all for it. The dwarves have had our industry by the balls for too long. We don't have to phase them out completely, but in long run higher deployment is beneficial to everyone.

In fact I'm ready to support redirecting coal tax revenue from industrial subsidy to human-dwarven joint development programme to make this economic shift more palatable to our subterranean partners.
>>
>>43560961

You do realize we'll be endangering the livelihoods of many of resident villages built around the coal factories.

I'm all for it but we'll have to do something to introduce more industry into those areas least they fall into squaller and rapid poverty. I don't believe we need to be reminded what became of many of the Griffon ranches when air cavalry was being replaced by planes do we?
>>
>>43561046
Every big change brings frictions and challenges with it. I'm confident we can make it work, we learned some shit during the air force modernisation you mention.
I'm not without sympathy for people who are too sentimental to leave areas that will suffer a downturn, but part of this will be alleviated by development jobs in new solar farms and rise in opportunities in major financial and commercial centers.

I understand we need to be considerate to our citizens, some of which spent their entire lives in steamwork clusters, but we can't allow these considerations to completely paralyse our progress.

Obviously one desirable investment will be education programmes, another will be subsidies for innovative technology, along with regulatory oversight to minimize fraud and corruption. You're right though, we'll need more than that to make the transition as smooth as possible.
>>
>>43561046
>Holding up progress because 'muh jobs'.

The economy is resilient. I say its time they quit clinging to the past and modernize a bit.

Look, its all well and good to support a community's well being, but you can't do that by enabling them to cling to the industrial model. They need to diversify. Yes, there will be some growing pains - there always are - but if they focus on moving past their single source of revenue and expand their social base, I think you'll find them to be far more robust and flexible in the long run.
>>
>>43561233
>>43561279

Oh I don't disagree at all. The reason I brought that up as we'll no doubt face some opposition, mainly in the form of certain industry leaders and nobles who are quite cozy with their Dwarven patrons.

Even as they try and strangle our fossil fuel initiative in it's crib in one hand they'll do anything they can to keep their partners well payed with the other neverminding the fact that a number of those villages I mentioned have sizable dwarf population as well.
>>
>>43561315
I'm just going to point out that it's been quite a while since I suggested formation of formation of special committee for investigation of capital and personal ties between foreign corporations and our politicians but my pleas were repeatedly torpedoed by both greens and the industrialists. And before someone brings it up again I must reiterate that rumours of my family's connections to petroleum and phlogiston industry are nothing but unsubstantiated lies and slander.

But digressions aside, I agree it is our duty to find a way to resist pressure of individual pressure groups and find a way that offers best future for our nation - and our world.

Also I feel compelled to point out that we should not consign our entire economy to this new potential resource, especially if the Elves decide to hog patents to the technology. It's after all their own dominant ideology that should make them willing to sacrifice part or most of monopolistic profit in order to spread this technology as much as possible.
>>
>>43560860
druids are annoyed
dwarves are threatened
druid dwarves are probably losing their shit
>>
File: 1444784411034.jpg (565KB, 1312x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1444784411034.jpg
565KB, 1312x1200px
>>43561462
>Also I feel compelled to point out that we should not consign our entire economy to this new potential resource, especially if the Elves decide to hog patents to the technology. It's after all their own dominant ideology that should make them willing to sacrifice part or most of monopolistic profit in order to spread this technology as much as possible.

the fact that they were willing to make the tech should speak volumes? What have the Dwarves come out with? Sure they have made their current tech more efficient by innovation is something they seem to abhor, especially when it endangers their monopoly.

Granted they, and the elves, are far from the only groups we have to contend with as was this bit of news brought to me this morning:

>New innovations by Necromancers in the growing field of "bionics or prosthesis" research promises mechanical limbs to replace lost or none functioning appendages

A few of my industry colleges have been talking about this and I'd like to invest in it but I can see problems right away with the religious communities who don't take very well to the Necromancer's trade, especially professed Pelorites who will come out in force no less.
>>
>>43561695
Bionic replacements are not exactly necromancy though, unless they are made from actual corpses and autonomous. I wouldn't want a replacement arm that carries residue of hundred year old bandit's soul when there is holy or druidic regenerative treatment available, aside from already available arcanotec replacements, clunky as they are.
>>
Call the duk'zarist. They where right
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.