[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fa/tg/uys. I need help. > Playing a rogue who specializes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_mz5ynhvlFp1qk6saio1_540.jpg (230KB, 506x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mz5ynhvlFp1qk6saio1_540.jpg
230KB, 506x810px
Fa/tg/uys. I need help.

> Playing a rogue who specializes in business.
> Dungeon crawling
> Die
> Fey Prince owes me a favor
> He brings me back to life
> He body swaps me with a goddamn goblin
> I can't do my business and take over the world as a goblin

How do I stop being a goblin?
>>
>>43552666
What, no ranks in disguise?
>>
>>43552666
Have a Druid cast Reincarnation on you.
>>
You have a big feast or become a turkey. The gobblin' counteracts your goblin so you cease to be a goblin and become a human again.
>>
>>43552786
kek
>>
>>43552719
I'm good enough to pass as a halfing.

>>43552751
In this world any form of resurrection can only be performed by a supernatural being.
>>
>>43552666
>I can't do my business and take over the world as a goblin
Why not?
>>
>>43552666
>I can't do my business and take over the world as a goblin
Not with that attitude you can't.
>>
>>43552841
Most of my businesses were run by my Human rogue. Everyone knows the owner or proprietor by that face. The face that goblin has now.

I want to keep this goal, but I feel like this character would try pretty hard to get his body back.
>>
>>43552904
The GM was obviously sick of your shit.
>>
>>43552904
>I feel like this character would try pretty hard to get his body back.

What if you got someone to do a permanent/semi-permanent polymorph or alter self effect on you? Then you could calmly explain the situation to people (and make your identity abundantly clear by mentioning things that only you know), and they might not freak out as much if/when you turn back into a goblin. Have your buddies back you up on it so you seem more credible.

When you explain the situation, make sure that every damn person within 50 miles knows that Rogue McMerchant got in a freak accident and may look like a goblin sometimes. Especially the town guard, the government, the army, adventurers, innkeepers, creepy old men, and scholars. Get a high official to write you a document that clearly indicates that you are indeed Rogue McMerchant and it is not okay to murder you for your stuff. Put notices on the town bounty boards reading "if you see a lone goblin in Rogue McMerchant's general vicinity, don't kill him, because he's more likely than not Rogue McMerchant, who is a normal person because [reasons]".

Also get some distinctive non-threatening garb that isn't something a goblin is likely to wear. If someone sees a goblin in a top hat with a cane, flanked by a half dozen murderhobos, they're going to think twice. And don't go anywhere without someone who can back you up on your identity; even if you have a legal document, you don't want to be in that position.

Between all those precautions, being exceedingly careful, and hopefully using a good disguise and/or magic, you should be reasonably safe until you can permanently swap back to human-mode.
>>
>>43553241
or

or

OR

cut off the goblin's/your face and wear it on your/the goblin's face
>>
>>43552666
That, sir is a bullshit question.
My character is a goblin, and she's been crazy successful in business. She started out with three sheep, and she's parleyed that into a small country's worth of territory and resources only a few levels later. The DM and PCs alike are afraid of her whenever she opens her mouth.
Just use that silver tongue of yours, anon. You do know how to haggle and negotiate, right? How's your fast talk game? Use your head, anon.
>>
>>43555228
I think you're missing the point. OP has businesses already. He wants to keep them.
>>
>>43552904
Either take what assets you have available now and invest in illusionary magic items like a Hat of Disguise (assuming D&D here), or start multiclassing into Wizard to do the illusions yourself. Might take some time, but then you just get to play out the storyline of rolling back into town and putting down the upstarts who've tried to take over while you've been missing for a few months.
>>
>>43552666
Damn it, Satan, you answered your own question in the post.
You body swap with the goblin who has your body.

Just do the Fey King another favor and get him to swap you back.
Better yet, barter with him. Surely there are things he wants that you can get ahold of.
>>
>>43555579
>You body swap with the goblin who has your body.
Fuck, I didn't even notice that part of the OP.

Do what this anon said. Also, look into some other supernatural contacts. It looks like those guys can be pretty useful.
>>
>>43553241
a goblin with a top hat and a cane is a visual that is quickly becoming exceedingly humorous in my imagination.
>>
>>43555579
Smart. If that's not an option for whatever reason, and the DM is pretty adamant about making you stay a Goblin, I'd say become a recluse and do your business from the shadows. Have your party act as initial frontmen to acquire more frontmen. Be kind and generous to your henchmen. Have them do a few years worth of work for you before you reveal yourself, if at all, so that they're more inclined to stay loyal. Really, you should only let a few people know-- a small stable of Wesley's to your Kingpin. Have your empire grow gradually. Become Don Goblblioni, mysterious master of the criminal underground.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.